Power Diary Reviews

• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.6 /5

About Power Diary

Practice management software that provides everything you need to streamline your health clinic.

Learn more about Power Diary

Sue K.
Alternative Medicine, Self Employed

"Does it all"

Comments: Like how I wrote in the pros, I just love that Power diary does everything I need to run a business and there's scope for even more than what I need should my business grow and use more staff etc. I have often read about other practitioners frustrations about their (different) software program but I never have these same issues so power diary must have got all these things sorted. Plus the staff get back to you quick should you need help finding out how to do something. Talking of staff, they were amazing at helping me transfer all my old file details across when I first set up in Power Diary, otherwise it would have been a huge mission, especially putting all my stock into the system.

Pros: I Love the ability to integrate all aspects of running a naturopathic business from the diary, email confirmations, text messages that remind the client, invoicing, connecting with xero accounting, allowing my accountant access to the stuff she needs but nothing else, total lockdown of clients session info once saved, or save in draft mode if additional info needed to be added after an email, all details in the one place including any correspondence I have with client, ability to send birthday messages and newsletters in bulk, stock inventory and can even take payments. Really, the list goes on...

Cons: I think the only things I don't like is that you need to use quite a few clicks to get to different places rather than hover with mouse and get an instant dropdown box, but then even my bank is like that and I'm a bit fussy with easy tech stuff. Really, it's not an issue and has been getting better over the years.

Johanna D.
Owner / Massage Therapist
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2019

"Great system for my business and does everything I want it to do"

Comments: I am very happy with the performance and customer service of PD. Yes it is a monthly investment but it’s worth the ease and help it brings to my company.

Pros: Power diary is very easy to work with. It integrates with Xero and does what you need a system to do. Customer service is always great, you’ll always receive a reply and answer. And even if certain features are not available yet, they listen and make changes to the system to make it more user friendly. It is a very user friendly system.

Cons: The notes feature in Power diary could do with some improvement but that said, it is already improved heaps from how it was but could still do with some tweaking to make it better.
Bulk communication could have more parameters to choose from (eg location etc)

by Power Diary on 17/07/2019

Hi Johanna, thanks for your lovely feedback. Glad to hear you appreciate the customer service and also our continual improvements. We're continuing to improve the notes section (lots of preformatted templates coming up soon). Of course, if you have specific ideas, please send a note to our support team (or by chat) and we'll add them to our requests.
Glad to hear you saying Power Diary is a very user friendly system - exactly what we're striving towards!

David G.
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2019

"Highly recommended"

Comments: Allows me to keep excellent records that can be printed out at any time and can be accessed remotely by me. Easy to use and constantly being updated in positive ways - highly recommend

Pros: I have tried various practice management software packages and have found this the easiest to use . Common sense is all that is required for most procedures and I have seldom if every needed to contact support for assistance in the operation of the system. I am a one man practitioner so cannot comment on multi-user usage, but this is a wonderful way of organising a practice, reducing paper usage (all my notes, letters, client information) are kept on the system and I am very comfortable with the security provided for this.

Cons: I don't really have any complaints. I do not use the remote access facility for clients but that is primarily because of not wanting certain clients to overlap rather than to any fault in the system.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2019
Chris G.
Practice Manager

"Happy User"

Comments: Power Diary staff are very quick to respond and help with any problems whether it be user error or system error.

Pros: I love how Power Diary has introduced texting through the system with our clients. It makes communication faster and easier than phoning.

Cons: I don't think charging for the texting through the system feasable. Texting through any phone provider is free , not to be charged per word/character.

by Power Diary on 30/05/2019

Thanks for your review Chris. We'd love it if we could provide free texts as well. Unfortunately, whilst most phone companies are willing to include texts in their monthly phone plans, it's a different story when it comes to sending and receiving from applications like Power Diary. The messages need to go via a secure SMS gateway that interfaces across all the phone networks. Phone companies charge the gateways for access to their networks for each message sent, which is why practice management systems (or other applications with SMS functionality) will have a small per message charge. It's great to hear though that you are enjoying the time-saving benefits of Power Diary's text message functions!

Renata W.
Psychologist
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2019

"Powerdiary is a life saver"

Comments: Its been fabulous!

Pros: I loved the functionality and the ease of use...it keeps everything in one place..and can be accessed wherever you are!

Cons: I wouldnlove powerdiary to intergrate with tyro, and to be able to run healthcare claims. I would also like a handwriting pad that can be saved for people that handwrite notes rather than uploading.

• Reviewed on 11/06/2019
Sam K.
Psychologist & Clinic Director

"Functional & Improving"

Comments: Power Diary saves us so much time and money. The SMS function is saving us so much time as we aren't getting caught on the phone to clients. Invoicing procedures are relatively easy. Anything that saves us time saves/makes us money.

Pros: Once you have become familiar with the software, it is very easy to use. The support from the help desk is incredible.

Cons: It can take a long time to adjust to new changes, and some bits and pieces feel a bit clunky. For example the way that the communication templates have to be saved as a draft, to be exported. Or the way that we need to 'download' the receipt to be able to print it. It's just double handling.

by Power Diary on 04/06/2019

Thanks for your review Sam. Invoices are created are as a PDF when printed. You should be able to print these directly without downloading them first. If you can let us know the browser type and version you are using we'll be able to take a look at this for you ([email protected]). - Damien

Todd W.
Director/ Remedial Massage Therapist
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2019

"Power diary is perfect!"

Comments: I had a couple of issues early on but the support team fixed them promptly and couldn't be more helpful with any inquiry that I have had.

Pros: The decline in missed appointments thanks to the automated SMS system

Cons: At the start it was the note taking ability but since signing up it has evolved into the easiest notes to record

Anne H.

"Excellent Product"

Comments: Power Diary are always trying to improve their product in response to users needs. It has got better and better since I first started using it 4 years ago.

Pros: Easy to use. Very reliable and robust programme.

Cons: There should be more instructional videos and text guidelines for all of the features of Power Diary as I know I'm not using all of the features that are available.

by Power Diary on 17/07/2019

Thanks Anne. We agree - more instructional videos are on their way! We are also a good way through rewriting all our Helpdesk articles. If you click on 'Help' in your account your be able to see them there.

Linda H.
Senior Psychologist
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2019

"My experience with Software from an electronics dinasour"

Comments: After 11 years with the company I guess you could definatly say I am satisfied.

Pros: The simplicity of adding patients and the daily diary was easily followed. The ability to add other practitioners if necessary. Everything was on one system. I also liked the continual upgrading and addition and how suggestions were taken seriously.

Cons: Initially I found it cumbersome adding referrers information but this has now been improved. I also required some assistance to work out the invoicing.

Kristen B.
Psychologist
  • Reviewed on 01/06/2019

"Power Diary is the most important computer and administrative decision for my practice"

Comments: The benefits to my practices are innumerable. The product and the fabulous customer service support provided, reduce administrative hours and angst and also provide multiple positives and benefits.

Pros: The software is incredibly user friendly, comprehensive and adds such value to my practices whilst reducing administrative hours and stress. The provision of customer service and support is of an exceptionally high quality.

Cons: There has been no problems or deficits with the software program.

• Reviewed on 01/06/2019
Andrea P.
Naturopath

"The new look"

Comments: Great until you implemented the new 👀

Pros: It was fantastic using the old system
User friendly
Great software

Cons: The new look is not user friendly...you have to close down the page you are on to get to the next page
Who thought this new look was a good idea
Absolutely hate it

by Power Diary on 17/07/2019

Thanks Andrea. Sorry to hear the new interface is not working well for you. I've sent you an email to learn more and see if we can get to the bottom this.

Robyn T.
Occupational Therapist
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2019

"Power diary first review"

Comments: Efficiency and time saving - especially with client communication and billing.

Pros: Communication options. Sending messages , reminders to clients
Also, record keeping and invoicing. It has assisted me greatly to keep my patient notes and invoices etc organised.

Cons: Not able to automatically send different sms reminders.
The cost is as I am a sole practitioner working part time.

by Power Diary on 16/07/2019

Hi Robyn,

Thanks for your review. With the reminders you customise the type, content and timing of your reminders in Setup -> Configuration -> Reminders. We'll also added an option so that you can now send up to three appointment reminders anytime between 1 and 7 days prior to their appointment.

If we can help you with anything please let us know on [email protected] jump on a live chat.

-Damien

Mandy R.
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2019

"Meeting todays customers needs today"

Comments: My clients what an instant response to making an appointment, and then confirmation and a reminder about that appointment. 24/7. They get it with Power Diary

Pros: From the front end and the back end, it is straight forward and accessible to all

Cons: When updates and changes are made, and then having to relearn how to use it

by Power Diary on 17/07/2019

Thanks for the great review Mandy!

• Reviewed on 14/06/2019
Margoth A.
Social Worker

"Allied health profesional"

Comments: I have use powerdairy for eight years and has never felt disappointed

Pros: I love the soft were is easy friendly to use

Cons: The tutoring on line and updates . Record keeping and the

by Power Diary on 19/07/2019

Hi Margoth, Thanks for your review - although it looks like it might have been cut off mid sentence. If you have suggestions, please send them through to us. Very glad to hear that you're still happy with Power Diary after all this time!
-- Fiona

Leesa M.
Occupational Therapist
  • Reviewed on 15/07/2019

"Calms my practice"

Comments: Using PowerDiary has allowed me to decrease the time spent on writing client notes, creating practice reports as well as reducing the amount of paper I use in my business.

Pros: I love how I can log in from my computer or tablet, allowing me to keep my documentation in my mobile business up to date.

Cons: I would like it if I could modify a saved file without having to then save it externally to upload again.

• Reviewed on 15/07/2019
Margaret A.
Nurse Practioner

"Power Diary review"

Comments: My business could not function without this program. It enables our staff to work any where. Simply copy and paste notes into other programs as required to meet documentation standards. The initial training and followup helps us customise power diary to meet our business needs.

Pros: Ease of use for multiple employees to review the records.
Feedback letters.
Customise the program to suit the business
Reports to monitor the business effectiveness

Cons: So many functions and unsure if all were necessary until we came more familiar with the program.

by Power Diary on 19/07/2019

Thanks so much for your review, Margaret! Great to hear Power Diary is helping your business expand and allowing people to work from anywhere!
-- Fiona

Roscoe H.
Physiotherapist
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2019

"Use in a Physiotherapy Practice"

Pros: Easy to update progress notes quickly during / following appointments
Appointment reminders are helpful to confirm scheduled appointments

Cons: Initially I was unable to electronically submit DVA invoices

Julie G.
Podiatrist

"The full package"

Comments: The fact it sends texts the day before to patients has reduced non attendance. I can access it on my phone which is great for when someone calls when I'm not in the office.
Syncs with xero to make my accounting easy.

Pros: The diary and billing all together. All the patient information is at your fingertips.

Cons: Sometimes you accidently move appointments especially in phone mode.

by Power Diary on 16/07/2019

Thanks for your lovely words, Julie. Love that you refer to Power Diary as the "full package"!

Nicholas K.
Senior and Principal Psychologist
  • Reviewed on 04/06/2019

"User friendly practice management system"

Comments: Good.

Pros: I'm still using the system. I like that there are continual improvements to the system.

Cons: loss of default-contact details when an invoiced is saved; SMS costs.

• Reviewed on 04/06/2019
Josh B.
Chief Physiotherapist

"Power Diary review"

Comments: Great software to initially start my business with. Very easy to use and also easily accessible from my phone, which allows me to update and put in appointments on my phone

Pros: -Easy to use and user-friendly interface
-Speedy customer support

Cons: -Inability to bulk send text messages to clients regarding special offers or 6 monthly specials after initial assessment

Daniel J.
Personal trainer

"Feedback"

Comments: Customer service is great

Pros: Simple, basic for the fitness industry no unnecessary components

Cons: Not an entirely fitness only software product.

Adam H.
Chinese Medicine Practitioner
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2019

"More professional than alternative clinic management tools"

Pros: One of the best features is the customisable clinic note templates. Being able to create clinic note for each type of patient and each interaction has made my patient management so much easier.
Automated appointment reminders and communication templates add a professional touch that my patients appreciate.

Cons: At the moment the only credit card payment system PowerDiary integrates with is Stripe. Adding integration with other payment systems such as Square would make it easier to manage credit card payments.

by Power Diary on 22/08/2019

Thanks for your great review Adam! I've added your comment about Square to our Feature Request Tracking system so we can monitor demand for this too.

• Reviewed on 20/08/2019
Kellie S.
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2019

"Excellent appointment tracking system"

Comments: No comparison between our old paper diary system and Power Diary! The ability to access from anywhere, see details of diary entries for multiple practitioners, and instant notification of updates to appointments are invaluable.

Pros: Power Diary is extremely easy to use, allowing for easy client scheduling and reminder contact via sms. Simple, intuitive interface that has many powerful features and can keep track of a wealth of information. Love the fact that I can check for changes to my schedule from my laptop, phone, and iPad. Invoicing and payment records are easily accessible and there are a number of useful summary reports that can be run. An invaluable tool for our clinic.

Cons: No real cons of note! Only issues have been when internet has been down or very rare issues from Power Diary's end of things, technically speaking.

Fran N.
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2019

"Easy to use, great functionality, responsive team"

Comments: We moved from Front Desk PM to Power Diary after 12 years. We were naturally anxious about how the information would be migrated to the new system, and whether the system would be able to handle the frequent, high intensity use our multi-practitioner, multi-disciplinary team demands. We have 42 users, and 29 practitioners so we needed a system that was responsive, adaptable and customisable and easy to use. Power Diary has been all these things in the two weeks we have used it, and anything we couldn't use the team were an email (and a phonecall) away, fixing issues for us, helping us navigate and making our lives easier.

Pros: The flexibility of the product and the willingness of the support team to take on suggestions for improvement or tweaks that would improve functionality further.

Cons: Would love to drill down a bit more on the toggle restrictions but will be passing that suggestion on.

by Power Diary on 19/08/2019

Hi Fran,
So glad to hear that your transition from Front Desk to Power Diary has been positive! We're importing data from all kinds of systems but it's often a point of concern for those making the change. And yes, please do pass on your ideas for further improvements - our development team is making updates all the time.

• Reviewed on 13/08/2019
Kim C.
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2019

"Power Diary is an amazing tool"

Comments: I am not solving any business problems, but love the convenience of being able to remote in from any device anywhere to access it.

Pros: I am not an IT person and I can use the product easily. It makes simple sense. Little features to help make it more timely for all.

Cons: It assumes everyone sees different people. Which mans if I put a referral into persons A diary and person B is seeing the same person, the can not set settings for their use, only the main diary persons use. So each time the client comes in, they have to change their settings and billing options and referrals. It can confuse medicare to no end.Though this is said to be a a modification for the future.
As the other diaries in our system are contractors I would have liked to be able to have the option to calculate a split fee from it as all the finances, i.e. who has been paid, what is outstanding, is in the system, but it will not allow this.

Hi Kim,
Thanks for your great review and feedback! Regarding different providers serving the same client, the system should automatically pull all the right Medicare provider information based on the diary the client was booked into. When submitting a Medicare claim you're also able to select a different referral as needed from the dropdown list without needing to change the client's overall billing or referral setup. I hope this helps, but if we can be of any assistance with this please let us know.