15 years helping British businesses

About Daily Connect

Meet Daily Connect: cloud-based child care center software to improve communication with parents and manage classrooms.

Learn more about Daily Connect

Pros:

I love getting updates about my little baby’s feed time, diaper time, playful snaps etc. on a daily basis.

Cons:

Sometimes the notifications are delayed coming through but I’m not sure if that’s the app or my network.

Daily Connect ratings

4.8
4.7
4.7
4.8

9.3/10

Daily Connect has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 227 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Daily Connect before?

Jake
Jake
Senior Consultant in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Great way to keep my child close

Pros:

Our daycare provider uses Daily Connect to keep us updated with our children during the day. For our infant, it's a great way to make sure he's eating enough and having enough diapers. For our 3 year old, we're able to see what he's working on throughout the day as the activity entry allows for customization and descriptions. We also really enjoy getting pictures of our kids throughout the day, and the messaging system is a wonderful way to talk directly to their teachers if something comes up.

Cons:

It's difficult to go back to previous days for information. When the school uploads a document or news about illnesses at school, we only see it if we happen to look that day. It would also be nice to have a place where image uploads are kept so we can look through them like a gallery.

Nichol
Owner/Operator in US
Education Management, Self Employed

Easy to use for any size childcare program...worth your time and money!

Comments: I needed an easy to use and access program to communicate with my childcare client families. It needed to be easy for me to use and easy for families to access via computer and/or app on a smartphone. This ticks all of the boxes. I love "multiple entry" options for many things (meals, naps, etc), and that I can rearrange the dashboard only for the items I use. I can decide which features work for me (and there are so many to choose from now). When I started with Daily Connect, it was more simplistic, but I love being with them as they have grown and changed...and I still get the same personalized responses and quick answers when I need them. They are a wonderful company and will take care of you!

Pros:

This is an easy to use way to stay in contact/update child care parents throughout the day. It does not take a lot of time, but gives the information to all families. Anytime I have had glitches or wanted a new feature, the customer service is TOP NOTCH! They contact you back very quickly, ask your opinion and listen to your concerns. If its a glitch, they fix it right away! If its a new feature to consider, they actually DO THIS! Your opinion and needs matter to them!

Cons:

I have honestly never had any cons in the many years I have used the program. I suggest it all the time to colleagues, and have no plans to ever switch for my own program.

Kaley
Director in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Daily Connect is a good app

Comments: No issues with Daily Connect, just would like more features as other apps have improved over the years and Daily Connect is behind on these.

Pros:

Love being able to add photos and start timers for naps. Daily Connect is nice for daily reports and showing the overall snapshot of the child's day.

Cons:

This app is good but can use some sprucing up! Would love to see the app keep up more with technology and be able to go directly to the parents as we add activities. Other apps allow for open communication through the app and with DailyConnect you have to email the parent and hope they see it or find another app to communicate through.

Seacloud Software Response

3 years ago

Many thanks for the review. Parents can download the Daily Connect app to view in real-time the information you are saving. This is automatic. You do not have to email parents to communicate, this is what the app is for. Maybe the email address of parents are not set up in your case? Please contact [email protected] for help troubleshooting this issue. Thanks

Anita
Licensed Child Care Provider in US

In Home Provider <3 Daily Connect

Comments: My overall experience with Daily Connect is that it has made my day to day activities with my child care kiddos so much easier.

Pros:

I love that there is an option to enter more than one child at a time. It is a true time saver! I would be lost without that function. Thank you for making my daily life that much easier.

Cons:

The only con that I would say is that it is geared toward really young children. I do use it for my preschool age kiddos as well, but it would be nice to have one set just for preschool age children.

Decent App

Comments: My overall experience has been great. My families love it and that’s what’a most important.

Pros:

What I like most about the DailyConnect app is how easy it makes communicating with several families at once. My families love receiving pictures and updates regarding their child throughout the day. It’s also super convenient vs having to carry a pen and paper to jot everything down.

Cons:

I didn’t really have any negative feedback about the app until the recent requirement of payment. I operate a small in-home daycare and while the charge isn’t a lot, it’s still an expense that I have to budget into my monthly expenses.

Daycare owner in US

Fantastic

Comments: I have had no issues. I love that I can look back and see photos of kids. I also like that you can snooze kids if they are gone for summer.

Pros:

I love that I can put photos and everything parents want to know about their child’s day. It’s very easy and quick. Makes my life a lot easier.

Cons:

There really isn’t anything that I don’t care for. The only thing I could think of is when you enter that they had a bottle it may help if you then put started or finished vs using the timer

Accounting, 1,001–5,000 Employees

The best one from all the things for taking care about our children, i really love it so mich ❤️

Comments: In my experience, it’s organized my time for taking care about family/ children time..!

Pros:

I use it daily for taking care about my children and family time with them , i really love it, so Amazing 😻

Cons:

Not bad , but it’s so amazing application for our little family ❤️

Marketing & Advertising, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Saves the Baby Headaches

Pros:

Ease of use and the ability to keep and see everything in real time. Especially when having hectic schedules this eliminates the need to ask a dozen questions about my child's day when I can just review it and enjoy my time with my son.

Cons:

There's no cons at this time. The only request would be a dark mode as we use the app to start the bedtime timer when we are rocking our child to sleep. Some phones, even when the brightness is all the way down still are too bright for a barely lit room.

Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Great App for Childcare Providers and Parents Alike!

Comments: Fantastic!

Pros:

This software is easy to use and offers many applicable categories to log for each child during the day. I love being able to send images and messages to multiple families in one simple app!

Cons:

I would love to have the ability to send short video clips. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Daycare provider in US

Excellent

Pros:

It is very easy to use. My clients are really happy with. I love that the app keeps all of the pictures on file. I have had parents tell me they really appreciate the records that it takes. They can check it when they are at the doctors office and tell the doctor what happens at daycare. It’s excellent

Cons:

Everything is great, except when they decide to change it up a bit.

Abigail
Assistant Director in US

Highly recommended!

Pros:

We have used DailyConnect for about five years for our child care center. Our families love the real time updates about their child's day. Some even use DailyConnect around the clock to track their children's activities, photos, and routines of daily life at home. This allows us to have seamless communication with families about when a child last ate or if they will be coming in later than normal. We have referred many many people to the app.

Cons:

If we have an internet service disruption, of course it affects our ability to communicate quickly with families via the app; however, that is no fault of DailyConnect.

Susan
CPA in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Keeps me conncted!

Comments: We have used this app for several years and it is helpful in keeping a photo journal of my growing kids. It used to be free but I don't mind paying the few bucks every month, especially since they took away the minimum charge.

Pros:

My kids are getting older so we mainly use the photo button the most. Our nanny is awesome at taking pictures during the day so that not only myself, but anyone else I invite (grandparents, etc) can keep connected as well. The medicine logging is very helpful as well.

Cons:

I would love to be able to "like" photos. Also some video options would be good. Have to have a nanny or daycare that is willing and able to use it.

Sandra
Childminder in UK

Brilliant!

Comments: I love it! Parents love it! I use it every day and would be lost without it.

Pros:

I love most aspects of the app. I love how interactive it is, how many different and useful functions it has and how easy it is to use.

Cons:

I’d love to be able to add several photos at once and also if parents could countersign the accident forms, incident forms etc.

Carrie
Vice President in US
Insurance, 11–50 Employees

Our Family Loves Daily Connect

Comments: We love checking in on our kids all day long while they're not in our care, and Daily Connect helps us feel like we know everything going on with our kids while they're not in our care.

Pros:

We use this through our daycare and we love the accessibility of information about our children each and every day. Great messages, pictures and notes on what they've been up to.

Cons:

It was hard for me to figure out how to turn on notifications via the app to connect with my iPhone and actually give me pop-up alerts on my phones for new messages and pictures.

LaKesha
Childcare provider in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Really love using Daily Connect

Comments: My overall experience has been great! The software is easy to use and the parents of my students really enjoy receiving information about their child each day. I had a technical issue one time and it was quickly resolved in a few hours. I really love Daily Connect!!

Pros:

What I really like most about this software, is the ability to document all activities that my students do throughout the day and attach pictures. My parents really love being able to see and read a full detailed report about their child's day!!

Cons:

The least thing I like about the software is the lack of diversity shown with the "Mood" face icon. I think you should be able to change the face icons to represent different students.

Carly
IT support specialist in US
Commercial Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Great tool for working moms

Pros:

I love being able to get notifications about what is going on with my children during the day while I am at work. Also I use it to check to see when my husband picks them up.

Cons:

Currently having is issues with notifications. I am not getting them on my phone. I go into the app multi times a day and turn them back on and then they turn off. So to see what’s happening I have to go into the app instead of just seeing the notifications which I like better .

Peg
Consumer Services, Self Employed

Great app for tracking childcare kids

Comments: This had been a have benefit to my childcare business. The parents love knowing what their Littles are up to in real time. It makes drop off and pick up take very little time because everything is in the app.

Pros:

Ease of use and customer service are big plusses with this app. It's very user friendly, and constantly being made better - adding new great features! My questions have always been answered in a very timely manner.

Cons:

Can't think of anything. The cost is very affordable.

Rachel
Marketing Manager in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Love this app!

Pros:

I love that I can have access on my desktop at work but also access via app. I am able to check in on my son during the day whether I am at my desk or in between meetings. The messaging function is great and I love the option for photos. It's so easy to download them right off the app and save them to my photo library on my phone!

Cons:

Sometimes it doesn't sync as quickly on the app as it does on desktop.

Keane
Primary Teacher (Preschool) in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 51–200 Employees

Good, but...

Pros:

We have contact with the parents at our fingertips. There is less of s need to get back to the room to make sure we didn’t miss anything.

Cons:

When we have a notification (usually a message from a parent), we have to toggle through all of the children to figure out who needs our attention. It would be great if thee was an icon (number or image) on the child’s picture whose parent left the message.

Brenna
Attorney in Ireland
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

This app is just fine

Comments: We use daily connect for updates/summary of our children's days at daycare because that is what the facility uses. I have no complaints about it.

Pros:

Push notifications for events during the day or messages from daycare staff are very helpful. Ability to download pictures is great.

Cons:

I don't really have any complaints, the app is fine for what we use it for.

terri
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Get ahead of your competition!

Comments: We have been using daily connect for over 5 years. It is one of the most popular things new families comment on when they join our school. Parents are use to using technology in their daily routines and felt that the "paper" reports were outdated!

Pros:

The quick and efficient way to communicate with the parents.

Cons:

Parents sometimes struggle with finding the code to join Daily connect. However, I often think it is due to email going to spam.

Tamara
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

I Love Daily Connect

Pros:

I use it for my Daycare. I tried using the software that my previous employer used but it was difficult, confusing and expensive. Daily Connect is easy to use and the price is great!

Cons:

Videos don’t share well. I’ve tried several times but the parents say they never received them.

Natalia
Therapeutic Assitant in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Great tool for parents and caretakers!!

Pros:

As a caregiver this software makes it incredibly easy to notify parents about their child's day. Weather that be uploading pictures, comments on their day, or even notifying parents about bringing in sunblock, snacks diapers, etc. for the next day. It is a perfect way to write it in the app and notify parents immedietly, rather than maybe forgetting to ask once you drop the kids off to their parents.

Cons:

If I were to have any "con" about this app it would have to be when some parents don't use it and instead we have to resort to calling or emailing them to get their attention over a matter.

Cayla

Great app!

Pros:

That parents can message right to the classroom and vise versa. I also like that the parents can use the app from home and input information for the classrooms about their child.

Cons:

That the last names of the children are first. Because of confidentiality we don't share last names and so staff doesn't know that information at first, with the icons being small on the new dashboard we can only see the last names of kids, which throws us off a bit. Wish we could send videos to the parents

Kelly
Art Director in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Easy, straight forward experience.

Comments: Daily connect does a great job of getting the information I need to me quickly and easy to view.

Pros:

I love the user navigation and icons on the home screen. It makes it very clear of how to get to what you're looking for.

Cons:

Not being able to quickly view attachments such as Menus for the day. It has a long lag but certainly isn't bad by any means.