15 years helping British businesses

United Kingdom Local product

eola Reviews

4.7 (42) Write a Review! United Kingdom Local product

About eola

A next-gen platform streamlining daily operations for activity businesses. Simplify bookings, payments, & more. Work smarter with eola

Learn more about eola

Pros:

So easy to use, we are in control of it, we can set up new products and schemes as we want to and don't have to wait for anyone.

Cons:

It can be a little tricky for our customers to get the hang of but this is more operator error than anything else.

eola ratings

4.7
4.8
4.3
4.8

9.2/10

eola has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 42 user reviews on Capterra.

Sort by

Have you used eola before?

Gavin
Gavin
Co-Owner in UK
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Ideal online booking and team management tool.

Comments: The overall experience so far with Eola has been great. They offer a well designed, useful & fully-featured product that suits our business needs, and with a transparent pricing structure that is affordable to the average small business.

Pros:

Easy to install and setup the eola booking widget on any website with just a small snippet of code, which can be customised to suit the colour of your brand/website. Setting up the products in the eola market place is and straightforward, and fully customisable to display content that correlates with your brand and products. Fully integrated with availability calendar and useful team management tool. Has the benefit of being used as a point-of-sale tool for manual over-the-phone/face-to-face bookings. Simple and competitive flat fee pricing structure with no hidden costs. Great for small, seasonal operators like us. Great customer support with quick responses and resolutions to all queries.

Cons:

Very little to grumble about, really! I guess the only thing would be to say that the platform, having just competed the beta phase of its development, is still in its infancy and is yet to reach its full potential, no doubt; but, having been a ‘pioneer’ user of the system over 2018, it has been encouraging to see it evolve, in real-time, as the developers add features and functionality, primarily in direct response to their users’ requests.

eola Response

5 years ago

Thanks Gavin! It's an absolute pleasure working with you and your business.

Isis
Yoga & Paddle board Instructor in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

My experience with Eola

Comments: Positive experience. I was very convinced with starting up, but not 100% sure yet if this is the platform where I will stay with for the coming years, will have to see how it works out after this first year.

Pros:

Easy set up. Lot of support in set up and launch stage. Easy to use for both business and clients.

Cons:

- Mobile app would be great and then also a quick overview of upcoming sessions on mobile so that in one glimpse your'e able to see your schedule.- Customers sometimes accidentally tick the option that they are the organiser and not participant, seems not always clear.- Disclaimers are not always filled in, sometimes I have to chase, would perhaps be better if this was finalised while the booking was made.- I would like to be able to choose when pay outs come in my account, rather safe them up and manually pay out to my bank (like you're able to do when you have your own account in Stripe)- Payment option to pay in instalments would be very helpful for more expensive bookings.- Retreats or events with different options and different pricing is very difficult to set up at the moment (or maybe I have missed something)

Corine
Manager in UK

Great Customer Support from [sensitive content hidden]

Pros:

Eola is a simple and easy to use booking system, customer service is always great too

Cons:

It is very black and white, not very customisable

Susan
Owner / Manager in Ireland
Sports, 2–10 Employees

Like having an extra member of staff

Comments: Very good, the support team are very helpful and the development team are always working away on new systems for improving the customer flow.

Pros:

Online booking system the takes payments, and sends automated confirmation email, send question packs and collects consent forms.

Cons:

Its not clear for parents and guardians on how to book kids onto activities. Then once they have booked themselves in by mistake, its very annoying that I cant then fix it.

Callum

The solution!

Comments: Great

Pros:

eola was super easy to set up even for a complete chump like I am! Setting up and scheduling activities is really straight forward, I even managed to get the widget on our website by myself. It's completely transformed our business model.

Cons:

No real cons, it's all there. If I was being really fussy though I'd say adding images could be a touch simpler (tell us what size they need to be) Having the choice of how you display the pricing for private bookings would useful.

Daniel

Long Line Surf School

Comments: Eola has been a great experience with quick access to help change availability, issue credit vouchers and see disclaimers and questionnaires. Eola has decreased our admin time immensely.

Pros:

The dash board is very clean and clear. Creating products with AI support. The integrated system with the website.

Cons:

Not being able to change participant numbers for each session. If a surf lesson is set to 8 participants but I want to change another session to a larger number due to a group booking is not as simple.

Owen
Activity Manager in UK
Sports, 11–50 Employees

Throw away your diary now!

Comments: I would say it’s the booking system you didn’t know you needed. A simple solution for a complex issues, not because the system is basic, because it’s effortless! Eola offers a platform to put you in control, instead of being controlled by an A4 paper diary (burn it!). To sum it up, you only believe in your product when you just offer it out for free (no strings!). No baffling pricing structure built on modules you’ll never need.

Pros:

After searching for weeks for a system good old Facebook Ads showed me a post about Eola. That evening it took me 30 minutes to create my Centre, add numerous booking and pretend to buy them and it just worked. No set up fee, no trial where you have to have a video chat first, it just worked. To top it off by the time I got to work the next morning [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] had dropped me an email to touch base. That afternoon we had a phone call and I thought I was talking to someone I had known for years. Eola’s staff not only believe in their product but they live and breathe it but also are outdoor enthusiasts themselves! That means they know the issues I was having, or was going to have before I even had them. But that was ok, they already had the solution 👍

Cons:

I’ve yet to find something that if I contact Eola about a feature it isn’t already on the system (I just missed it) or it in development. I’ve currently be apart of two Beta tests and they listen to all feedback and take it on board!

Tara

AI function

Pros:

I think the new AI element to the booking and reservations just makes it easier. I like that is can rewrite what I have written to describe activities and the new AI function lets us know if customers have fulfilled their booking fully. Customer service is excellent, any issues are resolved quickly and they are always there to support and make the product better. THey really listen to us their customer! Well done

Cons:

I would like to see somewhere we can add multiple locations. The location only allows for 300 characters and often describing customers where they are meant to go needs a bigger space.

Peter
Chairman in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Great booking experiences business and clients

Comments: From signing up to Eola just over two years ago we dropped the majority of our other booking systems and marketing platforms pretty quickly, safe in the knowledge that eola has made our business work for our customers and coaches

Pros:

We are a small community business with a small team where getting out paddling is far more important than chasing bookings in an office, Eola allows us to focus on our clients, safe in the knowledge we can book paddlers in and collect advance payments and at the same time manage our paddling community paddles from a few simple touches on a mobile phone. I take control of when we book paddlers in with ease

Cons:

To be able to add video clips or add small adverts on our experiences to draw in customers to activities towards purchasing sessions.

Benjamin
Company Director in UK

EOLA Review

Comments: You can create, amend and schedule to your hearts content, upload all of your own branding, images and blurb so that your clients can still recognise it's you. You would need to come to terms with the fact that all of your client bookings will be coming through a 3rd party (EOLA) and therefore booking confirmation emails etc... won't be coming from your inbox or email address. Potentially something they could fix or work on? You can create online waivers and question packs that mean your clients have already done all the relevant admin before arriving, meaning less faff upon arrival and less printing! I've looked at loads of different booking systems over the last 2 years and one of the main reasons I decided to give EOLA a go was that the email I received was from one of the directors, not some automated sales pitch but a slightly more personal approach - exactly how we play it! After a really straight forward walk through by Callum online it seemed like a no brainer. They're super helpful, very quick to respond to emails and phone calls, (again another massive win over some of the competition who don't even have contact numbers) amend and develop the system to your needs and work on making the whole thing better suited to your business. Great guys and a great product, I look forward to updates!

Pros:

Easy to set up, automated waiver & question packs, automated confirmation emails.

Cons:

Not being able to reschedule an existing booking (currently being worked on), and confirmation emails coming from a 3rd party email address.

eola Response

5 years ago

Thanks Ben! Haha, we're launching rescheduling in the next couple of weeks you'll be happy to know.

Karl
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

An almost perfect solution for small outdoor businesses

Pros:

Over the past three seasons of using eola, it has been developing and changing. More rapidly in the past 12 months than before, but it's team is growing in strength and depth and is now able to work at a faster pace to ensure that its software really meets the needs of small businesses such as mine, Otter Adventures. While most companies say their software can manage equipment and guides, the majority do not without having to create a 'workaround'. How hard is it to know if there are spare kayaks available and a spare guide to lead the adventure and show customers the realtime situation? Sadly, most cannot do this, but eola does (with a few clunky side-effects).

Cons:

Integrations outside of the software are very limited. Google analytics and Facebook pixel tracking have only just come in. Perhaps Facebook / Instagram products will come soon, or the latest Google Things To Do integration will appear. I don't know what eola have instore there. The biggest omission is the way guides can be made available or not. It's based upon either being 'in' or not with occasional days being blocked out. Definitely geared towards larger centres with full-time, permanent staff, but there are ways around this. It would be much easier to access a member of staff's page (where their qualifications are stored and a tick list of activities they can lead) and set start & finish dates along with small block out dates for holidays and also which days of the week they work (tick boxes are great). This doesn't need to appear in the calendar as it obscures actual bookings and is hard to see what is really going on. If that's all I can find, then eola could be one of the best available.

Mark
Head of Operations in UK
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Communty Iron, Partnership with Eola

Comments: I started using Eola in the Summer Holidays of 2021, just at the time my main administrator went on maternity leave, not going to lie I was panicking as I knew how much admin the holidays would throw up with our camps but having the Eola system in place took a load of pressure of me, and my team.
That's when I decided that I was going to move the rest of our booking system over to Eola and I have never looked back form there, excited to the potential of the membership system coming soon, I'm hoping that will work for us in the way I need it to so we will wait and see.

Pros:

So easy to use, we are in control of it, we can set up new products and schemes as we want to and don't have to wait for anyone! We used to have a booking system through our website, this has cut the admin down by 90% on that, I no longer have to worry about coaches carrying money. All the coaches can have an up to date register for the sessions they are running and are totally in control of their session.

Cons:

I love it, my only minor negative is what happens if something goes wrong, I can get help but it is not always quickly enough, but it is very rare that I have an issue I cannot resolve.

Matthew
CEO & Paddleboard Instructor in UK
Sports, Self Employed

Dorset SUP Stand Up Paaddleboading

Comments: My overall experience with eola is very good, i like the Book Now button on my website as it makes my website look very professional. The customer service is first class and I would recommend everyone that needs a booking system to definitely take a look at eola

Pros:

the thing i like about eola the most is that it makes my life much more simple and easy. eola takes care of nearly everything, from taking the booking, puts it in a diary, takes the money and then pays me every Monday

Cons:

its abit difficult to remove times of classes from the system once they are uploaded but that's probably me not knowing what to do

Pontypool Ski Centre Manager in UK

Pontypool Ski Centre

Comments: Eola has provided a tool which enables front line, on site facility managers to have control of the customers booking experience and programming of Products to suit the needs of customers and availability of staff.Access to Eola expertise for training has been excellent. Many thanks to our Eola account manager [sensitive content hidden] for this.Over all experience has been excellent.

Pros:

1. An on line booking portal for customers which is simple to use, clear and unambiguous for customers, an excellent customer booking experience has been reported by customers.2. Capacity for Manager to maintain direct control of Products, descriptors, information which goes to customers post booking, programming of Products at times to match availability of facility staff and instructors.3. Capacity to respond pro-actively to changing customer needs.4. Product sale analysis is excellent along with customer data base details for on going customer comm's is of great value.

Cons:

There's always ways to improve systems, what has been refreshing is a company and account manager who are open and ready to listen to our needs and feedback and act on them , constantly improving the detail of the system.

Simon
Sports, 2–10 Employees

Fantastic booking software, it revolutionised how we take bookings.

Comments: Using Eola has taken the headache out of many aspects for the booking process that were very time consuming. I cannot rate this system enough.

Pros:

Easy to use UI for customers and back end users, all the features you would expect from a professional high end booking sysytem. Weekly payouts, easy reporting, email subscribtions, resourse managment, staff management. It really does it all and being comission based is cheap to operate. Absolutely fantastic.

Cons:

Customer support can be slow with it being via email, but all queries and problems are always resolved and emails answered within a couple of hours. This is fine as long as you are aware and not an issue for us.

Connor
Assistant Operations Manager in UK

Wokingham Waterside Centre

Pros:

Transitioning to Eola made our online booking system quicker and simpler to use, and with the rollout of new features, keeps improving. The ability to book out & block out resources ensures we cannot overbook sessions or double book equipment, this quickly became a key feature used within our centre. The customer service is the shining point of Eola. Quick, friendly, helpful and easy to access.

Cons:

Setting up Eola and recreating all of our sessions into Eola's set format took some time, but overall has worked out well. Some of our bookings don't fit Eola's systems perfectly and so have been more difficult to set up exactly as we wanted.

Gemma
School Manager in UK
Sports, 11–50 Employees

Eola Review

Comments: Great experience, lots of assistance with initial set up and continuing support.Eola are constantly looking to make improvements but always conscious of any changes being made to not impact the day to day business of users espeically during peak season.

Pros:

The ease of editing products and schedules and the online booking capabilites

Cons:

The instructor scheduling needs some work

James
Sports, 2–10 Employees

Changed my business and stress levels

Comments: [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is the best

Pros:

Ease of taking bookings, which changed how I was managing my day (from the dark ages to the modern world). Allowing me to expand my business and concentrate on building rather that taking bookings.

Cons:

Sometimes it’s difficult to get problems sorted. But the Eola team are always updating and getting better. We have also been constantly kept in the loop of new features and glitch solving throughout the year and receive regular calls from team.

paul
watersports school business owner in UK
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Excellent simple system with friendly staff

Pros:

very easy to get help if i have an issue with the system. almost immediate response from their friendly customer service team

Cons:

Not a lot really. a few glitches but on reporting these Eola always offer me a solution or quick fix.

Mary
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Excellent software and great support

Comments: My overall experience has been very positive. The product has functioned well, has never been offline (very important!) and the support is excellent - friendly and knowledgeable and you really feel that your "wish list" is considered in development plans.

Pros:

The best thing about this software is the ease of setting up activities and visualising these on a real time calendar. The support is excellent and financial management and weekly pay-outs are superb.

Cons:

Would be great to create activities from pre-existing ones rather than from scratch and a few other "nice to haves" but the product is always evolving.

Gareth
Tourist guide in UK
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed

Eola

Comments: I really like the fact that if I have a problem which I rarely do that I can speak to a human who knows what they are doing almost straight away. I deal with [sensitive content hidden] who is really top class.

Pros:

Easy to use. Easy to contact. Reasonable price

Cons:

I'm not sure if they can link to viator via the API system which other booking systems seem to be able to do. Correspondence with eola is excellent though in trying to resolve the issue

Sam
Fishery, 2–10 Employees

An essential addition to our business

Comments: Great.

Pros:

Friendly, helpful staff who listen to what we need and act on it.

Grant
Grant
Sports, 2–10 Employees

Top platform for those without IT skills

Pros:

simplicity! From the moment we started using eola we've found it's been so easy to build products, link to our website and take and manage bookings.

Cons:

the calendar sync is good but if it could be live and shareable with our customers (with a basic view) it would really help us but as it stands at the moment it's great.

Jon
Wq the in UK

Review of Eola

Comments: Makes it easier to publish classes and for customers to transaction. All in all an easier experience that our previous booking system provider

Pros:

Super east switch from our previous booking system provider. Much easier to use internally to publish classes online and also a better solution for customers users.

Cons:

Wish we could have a stand alone waiver/disclaimer kiosk (this may be possible, just havnet figured it out just yet

Anna
SUP Instructor in UK
Sports, Self Employed

A Handy Tool

Comments: Really good

Pros:

Easy to use, easy to setup, good customer service.

Cons:

I would like the different activities to be colour coded