Filter by:

• Overall

About MaintainX

MaintainX is mobile-first work order and procedure digitization software that increases efficiency and real-time insights.

Learn more about MaintainX

Bryan S.
Facilities Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2020

"Better than the rest"

Comments: Great app with everything we were looking for and way below the cost of others. Great support team. We know we can get our jobs done and communicate better as a team using this app.

Pros: They reach out to us personally every so often to ask if we would like to change anything. They always listen to the issues we have and correct it as soon as possible.

Cons: You can only add one photo at a time in comments.

Alternatives Considered: UKG Ready

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX: Lower cost and more user friendly.

Switched From: Buildium

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX: Cost.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2020
Anna M.
Property Manager
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2021

"MaintainX"

Comments: Overall, it is a great user friendly program.

Pros: Easy to use and user friendly. I can add work orders from my computer as well as from my mobile phone. I can look daily at the progress my guys are making and give feedback. I can send messages through this portal as well.

Cons: My work orders fall off if my guys don't do them daily. Also, when printing reports dates come up when they shouldn't be populated.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2021
Kareem D.
Landlord
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2020

"Great Software - Just what we needed!"

Comments: Awesome support (shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]). Great company. Very competitive pricing. This product is helping us a lot and I highly recommend it. If you need any work order software, this is the one.

Pros: Ease of use - the mobile app is very intuitive to use. The inbox interface is smooth. It is easy for our maintenance team to see all open work orders and get them done.
Speed - The app loads up nearly instantly. No waiting for work orders to appear or notifications to pop up.
Visibility - This one is for me. I can open the app and quickly see what work is being done and I get a full history of all the work orders. We used to use pen and paper before this.
User Interface - No clutter. The UI shows just the tools we need.

Cons: Creating repeating work orders is a bit awkward. All the capabilities are there but I needed a little help to get started. The "start time" on work orders was confusing. Some repeating work orders automatically showed up at 1am or 3am which is not ideal. This doesn't knock it down a star because all the capability is there, it's just a bit awkward. Also I would like the ability to label vendor phone numbers. Some vendors have an office number and then a cell number and they show up just in a list of "Contact Phone Numbers".

• Reviewed on 08/06/2020
Brian A.
director of irrigation
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2020

"Best bang for your buck!!"

Comments: great software and program. very user friendly.

Pros: the ease of setup and use. the training and expertise of the team.

Cons: a few of the details are hard to manuever like the asset assignment.

Alternatives Considered: GoCanvas

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX: maintainx was more of an all in one shop

Switched From: Zenventory

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX: ease of use.... CUSTOMER SERVICE

• Reviewed on 05/03/2020
Erez S.
Industrial Automation, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2020

"The best CMMS I've seen."

Comments: It's a great looking, true mobile first, great for small and large teams.
It helps the business stay on top of any maintenance operation.
it's reliable, fast and evolving.
Its customer service is superb. whenever I had a question or request I got almost immediate response from the friendly team.
Nothing is getting lost and the control center together with the deployed teams are all in sync.

Pros: It's user friendly and does everything I need without trying to figure out how a specific feature works. Those features are making it easy to implement in the organization methodology. The ability to work with multiple locations, multiple organizations and multiple teams and assignments gives the system an edge.

Cons: There is no email system to communicate with client and vendors, it's all done through the App.

• Reviewed on 28/06/2020
Charline C.
Administrative Assistant
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees

"Good Product"

Comments: Overall we are very happy with the software. It really helped us as we were writing all job in a call book and trying to keep track that way. This is much easier you see everything that hasn't been done yet and you can prioritize the urgency of the call.

Pros: Very user friendly, you can assign jobs to technicians, you can set that technicians only see jobs assigned to them. Separate column for to do and done. You can clearly see which job is in progress. Nice filters. You can prioritize calls.

Cons: There should be another option added for parts on order that way we would know which job we are waiting for parts.

Bryan Y.
Brand Compliance
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/05/2021

"My right hand"

Comments: The wasting time having to call each team member and discuss the issue and when it's stated and then when it's finished. I get notifications of all that without really having to micro manage

Pros: It's very user-friendly and all time communication without actually having to interupt my team for an update

Cons: I wish it had GPS capabilities so I could use the app and find my teams location in one spot.

• Reviewed on 25/05/2021
Kandis K.
Marketing
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/03/2020

"Music Label Loves MX!"

Comments: Amazing!

Pros: Forget Bandcamp, Monday or other team productivity software, MX is where it is at! Everyone can easily print their work orders and see what is due when. We love the many features and ways MX keeps us organized.

Cons: It is expensive. Bandcamp was free. I wish it linked to Google Calendar and GroupMe some how. I wish there was a DAY overview feature.

• Reviewed on 06/03/2020
Senior Rooms Division Manager
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/09/2019

"Very happy with the functionality of the app"

Comments: I would like to compare it very close to other hotel property management apps. The most popular one in NYC being Alice with the functionality of a chat and the options to @ a dept in the chat. If this app had that maybe it would take it to another level.

Pros: I like that I can attach photos. Typically assigning a task to another department is not easy unless you are present to show what needs to get done.

Cons: Sometimes it froze up on me when uploading a photo task could just be my phone could be the upload was slow.

by MaintainX on 12/09/2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we are glad you had a positive experience. We haven't heard of any issues with photo uploads related to our app - if your internet connection is weak, that can impact the upload speed.

We are working on making many improvements to our chat and messaging and @ mentions will be coming soon!

Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can ever be helpful in the future :)

Travis C.
Construction Manager
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2019

"Review"

Pros: I love the fact how we where able to go from paper to paperless. The ease of searching for work orders is a HUGE plus. The ease for the team to use in the field on multiple devices is a great plus as well.

Cons: The one thing I dislike about the app is that when work orders are closed they still.appear in closed orders for my team. I would.love to see the option to archive these while still be searchable.

Alternatives Considered: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX: The ease of use. The overall functionality of the app.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2019
Brent T.
Fleet Manager
Utilities, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2019

"Zero to organized in 6 mos"

Comments: MaintainX has pretty well streamlined all the aspects of our fleet repair and maintenance programs. When I took this position in Feb. 2019 there was no fleet maintenance or repair programs, procedures or protocol. We were only responding and putting out "fires". With help from MaintainX I was able to put together successful work flows and implement a fleet program we are now entering month 6 and still loving it.

Pros: user friendly interface, easy to use. The neatness of the work order PDF exports is very professional. Ability to build asset profiles and share with all users.

Cons: I feel that there could be some improvement with reporting and sharing.

Alicia P.
Consultant
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2020

"Streamlining work & allowing for productivity"

Comments: Better more transparent communication, incentivizes staff to complete work orders within the time frame and has a in-app chat that is very helpful.

Pros: The ability to have a closed loop system for Work Orders. No more losing paper work orders or struggling to read illegible handwriting. I also really liked being able to put in our procedures and therefore removing more paper waste.

Cons: Wish there were a function where the administrators determined more of visibility. Full/ no visibility is not quite what I need for some of my staff.

Matthew S.
Facility Manager
Warehousing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2020

"MaintainEasy"

Comments: We use it daily for equipment and facility maintenance and it bring everything into one program.

Pros: The software is very easy to use, customize, and works in real time.

Cons: MaintainX could use some more advanced reporting features but they are improving every month.

• Reviewed on 25/02/2020
Ken A.
Maintenance Technician
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/06/2020

"AN excellent software feature for anyone who doesn't need a full time job managing the software."

Comments: I am able to receive work orders from multiple locations easily and track my own work with great note taking and reporting features. I use this to not only track requests, but also my own periodic and reactive maintenance while help me stay organized and on schedule.

Pros: It is easy to use and has great scalability. I am able to use it with a team that isn't the best with technology.

Cons: Some of the form features being behind the higher tier pricing, but the fact I can use two is great and this is really stretching for cons.

• Reviewed on 04/06/2020
Aaron S.
Raw Team Lead
Food Production, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2020

"Great app"

Pros: Got our maintenance staff up to par with the needs of our company and made it easier to keep communication between everyone and complete work orders in a timely fashion.

Cons: Not any cons, the app has helped our company alot.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2020
Ruth M.
Facilities Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2020

"Home Watch Co. uses Maintain X"

Comments: They have been extremely helpful in customizing a program that works for my company. It has saved an enormous amount of time.

Pros: I love the support that I get from Maintain X.

Cons: It took me a little while to get the ease of it.

• Reviewed on 21/12/2020
Michellee M.
General Manager
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2020

"Great Product and Support"

Comments: Our overall experience has been very positive.

Pros: The ease of use is wonderful and the company's customer service has been great!

Cons: There really are not any real cons because the company has proactively addressed or resolved any issues we encountered as a new account.

• Reviewed on 15/12/2020
Corey K.
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2020

"Great product!"

Comments: I love this app. It is easy to use and works seamlessly between the phone and the computer. I would highly recommend this for any small business that is looking for an affordable and comprehensive way to track maintenance and inventory of their fleet. I have also contacted their customer service team several times and found them to be extremely helpful and professional.

Pros: Great customer service, the app works seamlessly between the computer and the phones

Cons: Could use some more features like creating work orders automatically from triggers.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2020
Arwin Y.
Arwin Y.
Operational manager
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/03/2020

"Helpful in automating reports and expedite tasks"

Pros: Procedure templates! Definitely saves a lot of time and eliminates inconsistent reports and reduce missed task checklists. My team now follows up systematically without having the need of physical follow up meetings. Everything can run seamlessly and independently

Cons: Firstly the lack of user access control customisation. Right now it's either a full user or nothing, so it's impossible to protect the database from being intentionally deleted or amended. It would be good to be able to set different privileges for different user depending on the role each user has.

• Reviewed on 03/03/2020
Scarlet H.
Purchasing Coordinator
Textiles, 51-200 Employees

"I like the program"

Comments: I like the program. I was skeptical at first, but now I rely on it everyday.

Pros: It helps to keep all of my assignments organized. I can easily make comments in each open work order to keep track of changes or updates I have made in each one. Work orders are very easy to create. I can also export to PDF file and print them so they are easily sharable outside of the MaintainX program for people who are not users.

Cons: It doesn't work very well with internet explorer. I cannot export to PDF file in the internet browser.

Timothy M.
Quality control
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/03/2020

"Great way to distribute jobs"

Comments: Overall experience is great, finally have the maintenance Dept. Organized

Pros: The beta feature is being able to deligate jobs to every part of the plant.

Cons: I haven't really found anything about the software I don't like.

• Reviewed on 02/03/2020
Justin M.
Maintenance Manager
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2019

"Solid Functionality, easy to use, very good value"

Comments: Overall, we're pretty happy so far. It's helping keep better track of information that was getting sent to me in text messages, emails and spreadsheets in the past. So far everyone seems to be happy with it.

Pros: It's very easy to set up and use. Very intuitive design. Clean and straight forward interface. Good price point. Good customer service.

Cons: It doesn't have the advanced features that some more expensive software packages offer. It would be nice to be able to track cost for assets.

Jessica F.
Business Owner
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2021

"Perfect Software!"

Comments: This is the best Software I've found so far in the last 10 years of being in business.

Pros: Easy to use, less brain power required in less time! With smooth operation, entry, management, tracking and retention goes with the flow of each individual work order effortlessly and seamlessly. Its simple and thorough with options to key in as much data as preferred.

Cons: The amount of times a sales rep contacts me is a bit in excess. I have limited time to manage, maintain and operate our company and the daily emails and texts are stressful.

• Reviewed on 21/07/2021
Pete P.
Sr publicworks repairman
Government Administration, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2019

"My review"

Comments: Very easy to use

Pros: Easy to use and keep track of jobs assigned and those completed

Cons: Really nothing to dislike about this application

• Reviewed on 18/09/2019
Dewayne W.
OWNER
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2019

"EASY TO USE WORK ORDER APP/SOFTWARE"

Comments: THE COMPANY IS GREAT TO WORK WITH AND THEY ARE ON TOP OF MAKING SURE THE SOFTWARE IS PERFORMING AS EXPECTED.

Pros: THE WORK ORDERS ARE EASY TO CREATE AND GET TO TEAM MEMBERS USING THE APP ON THEIR SMART PHONE. THE DESKTOP LOGIN AND ACCESS IS A REAL PLUS MAKING IT EASY TO CREATE, PRINT AND AUDIT WORK ORDER STATUS AND COMPLETION.

Cons: THE SEPARATE SCREEN FOR CREATING JOB LOCATIONS IS A NICE TOUCH, BUT JUST A LITTLE CLUNCKY TO USE WHEN CREATING A WORK ORDER ON THE FLY.

• Reviewed on 28/08/2019