15 years helping British businesses

About MaintainX

MaintainX is the leading maintenance and work execution software, designed specifically for industrial and frontline teams.

Learn more about MaintainX

Pros:

When ever i have a query the customer care team promptly gets back to me with meaningful and useful information. For a one man show is brilliant, but it is tailored to large companies and personal.

Cons:

There is no email system to communicate with client and vendors, it's all done through the App.

MaintainX ratings

4.8
4.8
4.5
4.7

9.3/10

MaintainX has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 560 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used MaintainX before?

Alex
Alex
Maintenance Engineer UK in UK
Paper & Forest Products, 5,001–10,000 Employees

The only CMMS you should consider.

Comments: When we made the decision to choose MaintainX as our CMMS, our account manager was very thorough and helped us to be up and running in a matter of days. We were already gaining benefit after around a month of use. Admittedly the team at MaintainX shouldered a lot of the workload, but it really helped. This kind of support is what I suspect makes MaintainX such an easy choice. People couldn't quite believe how fast we were able to integrate.

Pros:

MaintainX has much to offer. If I were to nail it down to one thing, I would need to point out that the ease of use comes first and foremost. It is the one thing my team have all fed back as the major factor when picking it up for the first time.

Cons:

I don't want to seem negative, because overall, the system is phenomenal. If pressed, I would have to say that compatibility with other software could be better. This isn't really a fair criticism though, as the team are constantly updating the system.

Alternatives Considered: Prometheus

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX: SAP was too challenging for our team, users were leaving shift and getting locked out of the system. We also found that there was a steep learning curve, along with a very limited functionality for maintenance management overall. No real-time updates and we never had the ability to use this with mobile devices.

Switched From: SAP Business One

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX: MaintainX just seemed so much cleaner. The overriding reason was that MaintainX allowed us to make this choice and hit the ground running. Not many alternatives would allow us to be so productive from the moment you install the app.

Tyler
Tyler
President in Canada
Facilities Services, 2–10 Employees

The best out there, and still getting better!

Comments: Love it! So far does everything we need it to in a great user friendly platform

Pros:

Ease of use, cross platform (great mobile app), great features

Cons:

Some features/settings not quite tweakable to how we need them… yet

Alternatives Considered: Fiix

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX: Cost, features, complexity, mobile app differences

Switched From: Fiix

Matt
Assistant Superintendent in US
Utilities, 11–50 Employees

New user happy from the start

Comments: MaintainX is very easy to implement. We are working with all paper forms and records and were able to get started right way with building our database and procedures. The form fields are self explanatory allow us to quickly start using the program without much customer service support, which is great when we did need them.

Pros:

The image drag and drop feature was great for setting up our parts inventory.

Cons:

Creating blank forms to print for data collection was not the best way to go using MaintainX.

Alternatives Considered: LLumin and MVP Now

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX: The price for the user seats and ease of implementation.

Wine & Spirits, 51–200 Employees

Great Support when transitioning to digtal

3.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: "It's been a challenging journey, but most of the problems you are facing are due to the presence of incorrect data. This is where our customer support team comes in. I hold regular meetings with them to ensure that we are all set for success. I do wish that the app had a more user-friendly interface, with visual aids and a search function similar to Google. However, I must say that it is a well-designed and forward-thinking product that will certainly enhance your overall efficiency."

Pros:

Great support and they are on the right path to have an front line first app

Cons:

The lack of customizations and the lack of levels of access and cost.

Frank
Technolgy lead in US
Machinery, 201–500 Employees

Great for Preventive Maintenance

Comments: Makes having a maintenance schedule more organized and makes the flow much easier. Things get done on time and if not, it is easy to audit. Overall a good experience.

Pros:

The ability to have so many different types of equipment, departments, all in one place but able to filter out and make personal filters to see exactly what you are looking for.

Cons:

On the mobile app there isn't a tab for requests if you're a user. It would be a benefit if you could see all requests and filter with the same capability as the desktop version. It's still in the mobile app but not with the same capabilities.

Natasha
Bookkeeper Internal Sales in South Africa
Consumer Services, 51–200 Employees

Great product

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Very happy we got this product. It makes life easier in our plant & our maintenance team is always on-top of their duties.
Easy to use the app & very helpful staff at MaintainX

Pros:

The app is very user friendly, no need for training. Keeps track of everything that need to be repaired & makes it simple for staff to see what still needs to be done.

Cons:

We do not have any complaint at this time. The product does what it was bough for.

Oscar
Maintenance coordinator in UK
Food Production, 11–50 Employees

Simple but effective

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Very easy to set up assets/locations/parts with any necessary info about each one. Work order comments now indispensable in repairing and maintaining equipment, being able to add photos notes and voice memos helps keep track of issues and requirements. Requesting portals useful for operators to quickly report problems.

Cons:

Parts inventory management could be more in depth for unit quantities.

Jose
IT Support Specialist in US
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

Amazing software

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Ease of use, user friendly, android and IOS apps to use on mobile devices.

Cons:

Do not have any cons at the moment. Used sharepoint before for work tickets and other tracking purposes, was tied down to have to use a desktop or laptop.

norberto
irrigation dept manager in US
Commercial Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

one of best sites to manage.

Comments: time saving specially the format is so help full

Pros:

the details to accommodated the data and processed

Cons:

can't find one to the present yet everything is simple to manage

Bryce
Maintenance Team Leader in US
Oil & Energy, 51–200 Employees

Works great!

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Ease of use. Fast, good support, easy to set up

Cons:

Have found anything I don't really like yet

Jesse
Facilities Director in US
Facilities Services, 11–50 Employees

MaintainX will supercharge your maintenance programs

Comments: I couldn’t imagine managing the facility without it. We had no system when I started. And this has been a game changer. It has taken a while to really get integrated but that’s not the fault of MaintainX, more of the slow restructuring of the entire maintenance program at this facility. MaintainX has been the central tool to help make this happen.

Pros:

Having everything in on place. The more I can stay on this platform the more I can keep things organized.

Cons:

Lack of user tagging in messages, and an inbox to track tagged messages happening in the work order comments module. And there should be more visibility to the conversations happening in the work order. Not really a con but more of a feature request.

Alternatives Considered: eMaint CMMS and Smartsheet

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX: User interface, the software was much less buggy. Better mobile UI, very easy to adopt, very easy to import data and MX will help enter your data. Price. Price is big since we are not a huge facility and it has been a trial run even using CmMS at this facility.

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX: User interface was the first thing. I tried MAintainX before I used upkeep, but after a year with upkeep, MX must have made some UI changes, because I was just exploring other CMMS after the year of upkeep. And after a quick trial I was hooked.

Mike
Plant Engineer in US
Textiles, 51–200 Employees

A CMMS that fits in you pocket.

Comments: Working with the rep and the guys at MaintainX had been great! They have designed a system that does not need a 500 page manual and are readily available if you have a question or an suggestion. I've seen main of my suggestions implemented in the matter of a few days. They are doing a fantastic job developing this application.

Pros:

MaintainX is very easy to set up and use. Other systems are impossible to setup without outside help but not MaintainX. It is scalable and they are adding new features on a weekly basis. Everyone has real-time updates on work orders so you al ways know the status.

Cons:

Lack of inventory capability but I'm assured it is coming.

Alternatives Considered: Hippo CMMS, MAPCON and UpKeep

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX: It was just too laborious and complicated to manage. Being paper based I would have to review hundreds of pages weekly. Sometimes it would be weeks before I could review a PM and find a problem I should have known about.

Switched From: PMC

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX: Being mobile first was a big factor. Not needing to spend thousands of dollars for help setting up the software. You can do it yourself and MaintainX will help for free. Knowing instantly what is happening, communicating directly with the tech, attaching manuals, photos, videos to work orders it makes you more effective.

Andy
Corporate Equipment Reliability Manager in US
Packaging & Containers, 501–1,000 Employees

MaintainX review

Comments: Good platform, great support. Still needs some growth, but happy with results so far.

Pros:

Simple and easy to use & learn. Fast turnaround on support.

Cons:

Some capabilities are limited by constraints of the program. Example- cross-category escalation capability, scheduling block, “bad actor” asset tracking Pareto. Some aspects are only attainable through enterprise level.. the cost is higher than what you currently get out of it in my opinion.

Alternatives Considered: Asset Essentials and Infor CRM

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX: Too expensive per license, no super users without enterprise level, complicated layout and difficult to learn quickly.

Switched From: eMaint CMMS

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX: Price and ease of use

Karl
Property Manager in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

CHANGES EVERYTHING FOR THE BETTER + MORE MONEY

Comments: Fantastic! Everyone from the team ive spoken with is great. And the product is fantastic.

Pros:

Perfect with a couple of Adjustments (personally) for my unique property management business. I have more time for my family and work, my clients are happy seeing the results easily with the use of the PDF features. And I am making more money as a result. CHOOSE THEM YOU CANT GO WRONG.

Cons:

I had to make some adjustments to the way I do things, which isn't a bad thing. Only improvement I can currently think of is to make it easier to send PDF's to "clients" rather than "vendors" as it would suit my needs better.

Alternatives Considered: UpKeep

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX: Needed something more professional and organized that also offered document and photo integration for better organizing of work orders.

Switched From: Google Workspace

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX: Upkeep encouraged me to look for other software due to how my business operates and number of employees.

Scott
Manufacturing Engineer in UK
Construction, 201–500 Employees

Great, easy to use maintenance system for little cost!

Pros:

Ease of use, the ability for anyone on our site to be able to request a job, upload photos and assign assets. These can then be approved or rejected and scheduled in easily. Weekly and daily calendars with work orders is great for visualisation and keeping everyone busy and informed.

Cons:

Some reporting tools are a little lacking, you should have the ability to create a custom report that gives you the same look, format and data on a reoccurring schedule that you set yourself. For example monthly reporting of time vs cost for the same assets each month regardless if the value is £0 or £10000

Alternatives Considered: Fiix

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX: Much more visual, ease of use, simpler system at a lower cost

Christopher
Property & Fleet Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

MaintainX checks the boxes for my maintenance needs!

Comments: I oversee Property and Fleet maintenance for a small rehabilitation company that sets up clients in supported living environments. When I came into the position, there was no process for staff to submit these requests, so they would fly in by all sorts of methods: texts, emails, calls, quick shout-outs, etc. It was a mess without a method to keep communication organized. The previous person in my position would just scribble a jumble of notes to try and remember everything. After researching a few potential apps, I knew that I wanted the process to be as simple as possible for our staff. When there's a maintenance issue: 1) Take a photo (which often describes the issue in more detail than our staff thinks to do); 2) Briefly describe the issue; 3)Hit send. I also appreciate being able to reference the specific work order within the app to ask follow up questions and to let the requester know when the work order is done. MaintainX checks the boxes for my maintenance needs!

Pros:

I really enjoy the ease of use of the app for both myself and our staff in submitting work order requests. 1) Take a photo; 2) Briefly describe the issue; 3) Hit send.

Cons:

I had a bit of an issue trying to get some of our staff to adopt the new process of using an app to submit work order requests - even though it couldn't be any easier. By old (inefficient) habits, they still wanted to text, email, call, shout-out, etc when there was an issue. As much as I tried to encourage them to use the app in these instances, I couldn't ignore their requests - which just further conditioned them to head in the wrong direction. After mentioning this issue and asking for a "Requester tab" to be available when creating a new work order, the MaintainX team worked to build this suggestion into their software (shout-out to Hugo!). Now I have the secret weapon to gently nudge our staff to learn the ease and benefits of using the MaintainX app!

Ryan
CEO in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51–200 Employees

Great Switch

Comments: Overall a positive experience with the ease of implementation and continuous use. Only took a few hours to setup all assets and inspection templates with no assistance. This is a very straight forward product.

Pros:

We utilize MaintainX for daily vehicle inspections, asset management, and logging vehicle repairs. We switched from a software that specialized in fleet management do to the lower cost and ease of configuration. Previous software only completed inspections. MaintainX can handle the inspections and keep track of our open work orders and helps our team stay on the same page for all assets.

Cons:

At this moment there is not any thing I can list negatively about Maintainx.

Alternatives Considered: Fleetio

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX: Cost and convenience

Switched From: Driveroo Inspector

Derek
Director of Engineering in US
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

MaintainX Review

Comments: Dont think we would be as successful without this product

Pros:

Real time updates and status tracking aloows us to prioritize or jobs quickly and keep a running inventory for rooms at the hotel

Cons:

Dont have much to complain about, maybe adding a dark mode so when using it in guest rooms it isnt blinding in the early am or later pm hours

Clarissa
Property Administrator in US
Commercial Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Great Tool for PM's

Comments: This software has really helped streamline our Work Order process. Before, we were still using paper and a fax machine to send and track all of our daily work orders for multiple properties. MaintainX has helped us and our Maintenance Team to get to work orders faster and more efficiently. They are able to receive alerts right away when there are new work orders without making a trip to the main office to pick up a piece of paper. We were able to get rid of the dreaded Work Order Tracking Binder... and, we are reducing paper waste and helping the environment, win-win!

Pros:

Ease of use. We have a few users who are not 'tech-savvy', but they were able to pick up this new tool and put most (if not all) of the functions to great use! So far, so good!

Cons:

We really have not come across any features we haven't liked. There are some that we just don't use, but it's as simple as that, we just don't use them!

Alternatives Considered: Yardi Voyager

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX: Ease of use and cost

Jeremiah
Supervisor Equipment Tech in US
Building Materials, 51–200 Employees

Great product to keep organized

Comments: Keeping a better digital copy of all things that are done on machinery

Pros:

This has kept me organized when I first started as the maintenance supervisor.

Cons:

I believe that there should be a little more ease of use for requesters.

Alternatives Considered: UpKeep

Neal
Maintenance Manager in US
Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

Best in class!

Comments: Overall it was and has been great I do recommend this product for a specific scale of operation that's not looking for a full enterprise level solution.

Pros:

The ease of use for myself the administrator and how simple it is for the technicians to use.

Cons:

Sometimes the view of what is completed and what is open on the home page is not the easiest to filter for a quick view and the PO's only allow for USD and no other currency which is hard when we do a ton of overseas purchasing of machine parts.

Chemicals, 51–200 Employees

The CMMS that improves the maintenance effectiveness

Comments: Before Maintainx we used to use a simple Access file, almost useless. It is much easier than maintenance module of common ERP. After a few weeks after we start both the requestor (production) and user (maintenance staff) were very satisfied. The MaintainX staff is always supportive.

Pros:

It is very user friendly from desktop and mobile. It's ready to use and doesn't need long time for set-up. Easy to integrate with ERP and other tool.

Cons:

The way an expired due date for an acitivity is shown should be improved

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX: Much more simpler and effective

Brett
Maintenance in Australia
Construction, 1,001–5,000 Employees

MaintainX best CMMS hands down!

Comments: Being able to see where my crew spend their time is critical for me. This tells the company where to spend their money to get more production from machinery.

Pros:

Honestly the backup received from your online support is outstanding. We have I been left in the dark unable to figure out something. The help with creating procedures from paper copies within my company and being able to digitalise them so all crews can use them when required is one of the best parts I love about MaintainX

Cons:

Definitely! Something that gets me is not being able to add more the one asset to a work order. If I have 5 machines that require preventative maintenance on the same day. I want to be able to add all the assets and not have to make up 5 work orders.

Joe
Building Maintenance Specialist in US
Government Administration, 501–1,000 Employees

MaintainX helps us track our work effortlessly, instead of losing it in the inbox dumpster fire.

Comments: Overall this program has been extremely helpful for our organization. We get more done and can justify our role much easier with the reporting part of MaintainX.

Pros:

We love the ability to track work, schedule repeating PM work orders, and the accessibility from anywhere via our smartphones.

Cons:

I wish there was a way to add an email address to a work order to keep certain people(non-requester users) in the loop on the status of the work order.

Alternatives Considered: eWorkOrders CMMS, Fiix and UpKeep

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX: Price

Brice
Facilities Manager in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

We love it. It meets the needs for our environment well.

Comments: Love most everything about it, just want improved comments and status change messaging between users. The ease of navigating tasks, recurring/revolving work orders, asset lists, procedural lists and categories has completely elevated our ability to assess and assign resource allocation throughout our departments. The statistical analysis is more useful that we'd initially imagined.

Pros:

Easy to use, reasonably priced, friendly customer service.

Cons:

Need to dial in the status change and comment messaging between administrators and users.