• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.7 /5
    4.3 /5

About PayPal

From payments to credit to fraud protection, PayPal Commerce Platform helps you meet your customers where they are.

Learn more about PayPal

Showing 19,340 reviews

Karabo M.
Managing Director
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/03/2021

"My use of PayPal(Digital Wallet)"

Comments: It has made purchasing easy and reliable mostly with on line shopping. receiving payments from customers across the world is no fast and reliable.

Pros: The security measure your personal banking details are protected from hackers. You can put in double authentication measures to make sure you are using the proper PayPal account. cashback on certain cards( America Express card). I earn money back on my purchases. last but no least the PayPal Offers they might not last all year round but they do come in handy.

Cons: Losing access to one of the biggest consumer rights protection(Section 75 of the consumer credit act).
The Inactivity Fee if I haven't used my account for a certain period of time I get charged.
it's very difficult to use it in shops its not reliable in some retail shops.
The Conversion rate is not fantastic.

Anna V.
Student
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2021

"Helping a College Student get by"

Comments: Overall, the convenience and easy use for PayPal is what sold me on the app. I like how easy it is to do business transactions and how easy it is to transfer money between myself and others.

Pros: PayPal is widely used for multiple reasons. I started using PayPal because it was easier to transfer money with my roommate when one of us would buy dinner or pay rent. I also shop online frequently and many stores have the option to pay using PayPal. I have my card linked to it so if I did not have my bank card with me it was convenient to pay by PayPal and they would take the money from my bank. Recently I also been using PayPal for business purposes and I like how the buyer and seller are protected. I have had issues where my order never came, or I was scammed and PayPal helped resolve the issue so I did not lose any money.

Cons: There really is not any cons with this app. The process to complete a claim for a refund can take a little long, but others companies take about the same time. There is a fee to instant transfer but it is not that much depending on the amount you are transferring.

• Reviewed on 18/02/2021
Ritchie F.
Producer
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 09/03/2021

"The Perfect Tool for Reimbursements"

Comments: I have used PayPal for more than a decade and it is my favorite money sharing application. It is a key part of my production tool kit.

Pros: The most impressive feature of PayPal is the ease to send money at no fee and how widespread it is used. In film and television production we have a lot of money that needs to be spent out of pocket, which can be hard fro people. PayPal is the perfect tool for reimbursing people or sending them upfront spending money to be used on props, wardrobe, hard drives, etc. PayPal makes it very easy to clam people by sharing money quickly and in an efficient way. PayPal also makes it easier to pay someone via a company credit card if a vendor invoices using the software.

Cons: One con of using PayPal is when someone requests money the wrong way, then there can be a fee involved (if someone invoices instead of requesting). This is easy to work around when needed by being clear how the company/production is using PayPal and why we are using it for reimbursments.

Metrology technician
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2020

"Best buyer protection! The company is serious!"

Comments: I can say using Paypal saved me a lot of money from scammers, thank you Paypal! Once, I saw a product on a website that I really liked very much and it was really cheap! So, I thought a lot about it and I did give it a go since Paypal was one of the payment methods available. What happened next? The item never arrived! I was really angry about it and I decided to open a dispute on Paypal. Paypal asked the seller for the tracking number and of course, the seller couldn't provide one. What Paypal did? They gave me my money back! I was really happy to get the money back! This didn't happen just once! It has happened a few times since I started using Paypal for the first time. Every time this happens, Paypal returns my money! Every time I need to make a purchase I look for Paypal, indeed! Thanks Paypal for letting my purchases safe!

Pros: Paypal in 2020 is now a famous online financial service that allows you to pay for items 100% secure! Yes, you heard me right. One of the best advantages of this company is "almost" accepted in every shop in the world. You put your card details in your Paypal account and that's it, you're good to go to use Paypal on your favorite shop! With Paypal, you don't have to worry about putting each time of your purchase your card details, Paypal saves your card details securely and saves you a big time! Also, they implemented a nice feature, it's called OneTouch payments! You can activate this feature on your account and each time you make a purchase you just need to ... "Click" one time, and voilá, you bought something! Paypal really cares about you and if you experience a bad purchase, Paypal will definitely help you out retrieving your money back, 100%! Finally, if you're a seller, using Paypal for your business is a good choice. Good fees and you're also protected from bad buyers! In simple words? Paypal is easy to use and secure!!

Cons: However, Paypal is not perfect. Paypal is free to use, but when you receive money from someone else, it charges you % amount from the total. But hey, it's fair. They need to make money to keep giving us a good quality service!!

• Reviewed on 25/11/2020
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2020

"More Than Just a Payment Gateway"

Comments: PayPal has made online shopping easier for me because of its secure nature and the fact that they always ensure the buyer's protection. I am also a seller in ebay and their connectivity with that platform helps me a great deal in receiving my payments at a small fee. Receiving money for my professional services is just as superb as those features.

Pros: With all the features packed in this software, the top-most in my list is PayPal's ability to make secure payments and guarantees. When I was working remotely and part-time for the company I am working for now, they used to pay me via PayPal. Not only was my payment fast, it is also secure and I can use my local bank in my home country to deposit my PayPal balance to. Oftentimes, I choose to keep the money in PayPal because it allows me to securely pay for online purchases. If I see a PayPal logo in one of the payment options in an online store, then I know I am safe. Their customer support is also commendable, very easy people to talk to and will take time to sincerely understand your inquiries.

Cons: Of course, tight security is always combined with some inconvenience. I made sure that my PayPal is enabled with 2FA using my US phone. When I travel to my home country, it is expensive to use roaming so I usually use a local cell number instead of my US number. This is where it becomes difficult for me to use PayPal because I cannot login at all or use it for online purchases because of this security I placed. It's not really much of inconvenience since I don't travel a lot of of the country, still, I wish there's an easier way I could switch to one security mode to another. Maybe it might be better if they support an app-based 2FA like Google Authenticator so I don't have to worry about logging in whether I have access to my phone or not.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2020
Sarah C.
Speech language pathologist
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/09/2020

"Linked and Loaded"

Comments: My overall experience with PayPal, for the last decade, is that they're a solid 8.5 company with a great cash card that's easy as pie for relatives and friends to load for you in a bind, lots of controlling your own spending features, and an easy safe way to checkout on 3rd party sites without further compromising your banking information. Their customer service personnel are helpful, polite, and patient...as long as you have the time to wait for the assistance. It's kept me loyal for almost 12 years, and there's not another rival on the market even close to handling purchases easily or securely, they just aren't the best as a stand alone banking source or to handle your linked accounts money. if you can maintain a PayPal balance that's really all you need to do to alleviate the frustration from the banking end

Pros: PayPal offers some of the most reliable ways to pay for online purchases third party, when I see the little PayPal symbol on any app or website that I'm trying to purchase a product off of, I almost always gravitate towards it because PayPal safely recalls all my banking or credit card details and saves me time digging out a card or tracking down my wallet spur of the moment. PayPal also has excellent protection policies in place for peer to peer transactions, ensuring I have somebody on my side if my peer to peer sale goes pitifully to poor. PayPal emails me receipts for each purchase, let's me toggle my card on and off at will, and if with my PayPal cash cars in hand, I can literally receive INSTANT funds sent from any family or friend with PayPal, including my sister in Germany. If only it money transfer from my linked bank account to my PayPal account were easier or faster, but this is their biggest downfall.

Cons: PayPal toots their "security" horn perhaps louder than any other feature, but with good reason--as in the decade I've been a loyal PayPal customer, I've only had one breach of privacy or security. This particular breach was a result of my own personal life and nothing at all to fault PayPal for, and they linked me up with their 3rd party online check cashing company immediately to help me resolve the issue. PayPal has a decent A.I. HelpBot and customer service is always 24 to 48 hours behind the Bot with customized solutions and help . Their system automatically notifies me via email when I have a message from customer service, too, which is especially helpful considering their app's chat feature is not especially designed for being used from smartphone. The chat portal, even via desktop, is rather cramped and clunky and if you navigate away from it in any way (like oh I don't know in case your phone rings) you lose your connection to the window. However, the alternative to using the online help center is to call in to their telephone support line and while the system allows you to put in your number to save your place in line for PayPal to call you back so you don't have to wait on hold, a very thoughtful allowance, there are definitely times where my wait for a call back has been over four hours, and if you miss the call for any reason, you are screwed and you have to start over at Square One...which couldn't be more frustrating.

• Reviewed on 07/09/2020
Faith A.
Self employed
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/08/2020

"PayPal is a well rounded service"

Comments: My overall experience with PayPal as a buyer is pretty positive. And of course as a seller it’s going to be more difficult as you have too build a basis for yourself so you can come across as trust worthy. It seems the app really has a no scammer policy for the most part, and I believe most disputes are opened and handles fairly if not a bit extended and over due. I think that the buyer protection is a very amazing option that not many other concealed cash apps have, and I think the app has very good security for the most part. Overall my experience as a buyer and seller are both positive.

Pros: Very functional for small business owners, or if you run a shop on Instagram or etsy, even through your own website. You can pay for things instantly, using your thumb print through your phone as affirmation of payment. Instant transfers/wires too your bank account with a very affordable fee. The app is free to download and use, and you the exchange rates between different currency is also very good and the fee is feeble and affordable. The outlines of the app are very too the point and it’s very easy to use after confirming who you are and connecting your bank account, and if you don’t want too connect your bank account you can use your PayPal balance with a PayPal card which is very convenient. It’s very easy to send money all over the place, you can also send money through friends and family which won’t charge you a fee no matter where you send it or you can pay a small fee and have a 180 buyer protection over whatever product you bought, no matter who or where you bought it from. Including open disputes that last for 21 days Until resolved or refunded. Overall a very well rounded app and outlined nicely with a lot more pros than cons.

Cons: I think that customer service is very poor, even before the covid 19 out break, it takes a little while for them to process disputes. You also have to be careful of people who will scam you, you can not be refunded if you don’t go through goods and services. At least not all the time too my knowledge depending on the case. It’s hard to get in touch with an actual customer service rep, they have an automated system to help answer frequently asked questions or problems you may be having. Which doesn’t answer a few of the more difficult dispute problems that have occurred personally through the past. Also pending transactions are a thing and sometimes your money that has been wired too your pay pal balance may be unavailable too you for 21 days and it’s very hard to open a dispute about that so you can access the money in your account. Pending transactions usually happen when you are a new seller or if you are selling through a website or social media account connected too your pay pal for the first time. It doesn’t help when you have to pay the app your using it throughs, seller fees. And has sometimes made my bank account negative when I needed it. Boosting customer service and paying attention to the minor pending errors and sometimes the app will shut me out in a certain amount of time or not register my thumb print. Minor errors.

• Reviewed on 23/08/2020
Grace C.
Operations manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2020

"An option for online payments"

Comments: We utilized pay pal when quick books no longer offered a service for accepting online payments. We had to have something for our patients to utilize online to be able to pay us. This was a great quick and easy tool that allowed us to accept those payment for a small fee.

Pros: The software was easy to implement and manage. We were able to put it up on our website and manage payments within a couple of hours

Cons: The charges for payments received and limited options for customization. We were charged a small percent on every payment that was sent in and it did not allow us to customize the portal on our website much. Like adding an email or our patient specific account #.

• Reviewed on 06/08/2020
Online Business Consultant
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 05/07/2020

"I've Been Using Them For Years!"

Comments: I've Been Using Them For Years! Their service has been consistent and reliable. PayPal is a well known and recognized payment processor with my US buyers and I think that familiarity helps when they buy from me online. There's a professionalism to using PayPal and I think online freelancers should use it more in business instead of going with something like Cash App.

Pros: PayPal is easy to setup and easy to use for both personal use and for business (I started with a personal account and then switched over to business). I've never had a problem connecting and using PayPal with any of my WordPress websites and I've been using them as my website payment processor for years. The best part is you only pay to use PayPal if you make a sale. I feel like the percentage they take from the sale is fair (all businesses need to make money to stay in business -mine included). After sales are made, transferring money into my bank account is always quick and easy.

Cons: I haven't had any problems with PayPal at all over the years. Yes, they will charge a fee if you want money transferred over quicker than the average transfer time, but I haven't needed to do that.

• Reviewed on 05/07/2020
Sam B.
Owner Mechanic
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2020

"PayPal is the very best way for my customers and I to take care of business transactions."

Comments: I love PayPal, I love the ease of service, how widely applicable PayPal services are in not just or country but in the entire world. PayPal is accepted most everywhere and more people feel comfortable when issuing me for my services through PayPal. Therefore [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has brought my business actual revenue I wouldn't have had simply for customers being at ease with PayPal.

Pros: PayPal is hands down the best provider of Point of sale services and that includes any of the free associated with using PayPal services. (Just make sure you get the business prepaid debit card)!

Cons: The fact that they have so many restrictions and safegaurds. It is a good thing to have safegaurds in place to protect not only customers and your clients, but also in orienting the laws of our land, but really PayPal? You do to much and that's got to cost you gotta money.

• Reviewed on 12/04/2020
Pay Pal for Graphic Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2020

"Pay Pal for Graphic Designer"

Comments: When we take overall this app is very useful to me.This application is one of my day to day using apapplication .I highly recommend this application to any one who looking to do a safer secure easiest money transaction.

Pros: Pay pal is very useful financial software to me.As a Graphic designer I have to work with many ccustomers through the internet .There for I need some online method to do my money transactions.Pay pal is the best and fastest easiest way to do it.An also many of my customers have been connected with pay pal and it very easy to do money transactions with them .No need to introduce a new application for them becouse this software is very fameous and they now how to work with it very well.It is very hhelpful to me because I have not to bring lot of cash with me to purchase some thing.Just only log in to my paypal application on my mobile and do the transactions.In Sri Lanka Pay Pal is the most popular transaction method when we going to buy something in Ebay. Because It very safer and secure method to do online website transactions.The Pay pal mobile application is very use full.Becouse it make my transactions very easier.And also I can lock or login to this Pay Pal mobile app through my mobile finger print reader there for I makes very easier and secure to do my transactions .I highly recommend this to every one in 20th century.

Cons: This software has some draw backs.I have some trouble with managing and conforming my credit and debit cards.And also some countries have not given access to the pay pal transactions there for when I meet a coustomers from those countries I have to find a different method to do my transactions.And also some online shopping website like Ali express do not approve the pay pal transactions. There for I need to find secure method to do my payments.My country also have some restrictions with pay pal there for some times I could not able to bring my money to my hand from the software .There for I need to find different method to bring my money to my hand.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2020
Jayson M.
exec chef
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2020

"the in and outs of paypal"

Comments: The overall money saved and speed if PayPal's services are a more then welcome addition to any buisness . With so many solutions for sending and receiving money for goods and services PayPal is an overall very cleverly designed software and would recommend it to anybody.

Pros: the ability to make customizable invoices for pretty much anything is an amazing feature. yiu are ability set payment dates and reminders for your customers, comes in handy when yiu have many streams if revenue and sources. organization us key to success. You can also accept payments
or make refunds in many different currencies and do this on your mobile,home or at the office with no process time. furthermore if you dont know they also have a money order service that allows you to send money any where in the world at very little cost. switching from the old services i was using for the restaurant to do all of this has saved $10k+ every year, cant get much better then that.

Cons: The ability to run a line if credit would be something that would improve overall value of PayPal's service. I would like to see some kind if reward system put in place for individual and buisness clients for frequent use, also the ability to use Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies would be a good addition as as the days go one more and more people use them for there everyday spending/saving and investing opportunities.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2020
Sara L.
Professional Musician
Music, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2020

"Every Artist Needs PayPal"

Comments: PayPal is one of the most well-known services in the world. It has achieved this status for a very important reason - it connects our ability to do business on a global level. You can transfer any currency within seconds. Security is a paramount by protecting both the sender and reciever. The site is user friendly, feature friendly, and accessible to anyone.

Pros: Paypal is my favorite payment portal. It is possible to link multiple payment types, like debit cards credit cards, and bank accounts. I am able to reach customers who want to purchase a product or purchase music from across the world and I am paid directly to my PayPal account balance. Once the funds are transferred I can transfer them directly into my bank account for no fee and the transfer typically takes a single business day. The user also has the option for immediate deposit via debit card for a small fee. So if you need the funds transferred quickly, PayPal has an option for you. I also use PayPal to send and receive payments from personal sales on Ebay and Reverb. The buyer is protected from fraud and holds funds until the item is received, ensuring that the buyer gets the item and is satisfied. This gives me peace of mind when transferring funds. PayPal is for everyone and you can also send money to family or friends. I have been using it for years and can't imagine not having the convenience of its service.

Cons: Sometimes reaching PayPal directly can take a day or two for complete resolution. So far I have yet to encounter a problem that wasn't resolved within a day.

• Reviewed on 22/03/2020
Kevin W.
Software Engineer
Gambling & Casinos, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"Paypal is borderless and I can pay or get paid anywhere"

Comments: I am very happy with paypal overall, I would like to keep using paypal for all online transactions and transfers. Banks are slow and paypal is convenient.

Pros: Nowadays I can buy most of stuff online and pay by paypal. It is supported by ebay and a lot more companies. It also integrated with ebay seamlessly, that I clicked buy now button and nothing else I need to worry about. It automatically converts currencies to my local currency. I can then withdraw it to my bank account by clicking a couple of buttons on ebay. When I am running out of cash and borrow from a friend, I can always transfer the money to their email address easily. From programming perspective, paypal has a great notification API that developers can integrate to build their payroll tracking apps and generate reports. It fully automated a lot of shopping cart processes for lots of online shops. It's resolution process is fantastic when I am having conflicts with sellers or buyers, paypal helpes to resolve issues and make me feel very safe to do transactions with paypal.

Cons: One thing I didn't like is I was using an individual account, at some stage I started a business and upgrade my paypal to business account, since then I always pay a bit extra fees and I can never use my individual accounts anymore. The currency conversion is convenient but the rate is never good enough. It is always on the low end of the current conversion rate. I always get scam emails who are claiming they are from paypal, there are a number of times, I almost get fooled. I hope paypal spend more resource onto the scams as it is threatening the users' financial life.

• Reviewed on 11/12/2019
Graduate Assistant
Research, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2019

"Very good, but needs some improvement to be best"

Comments: I use it mostly for sharing money with friends and family and in this service, PayPal is second to none considering the ease of use. I found it very helpful for online checkouts. A lesser service fee and easier use of paypal credit would make their service more better and impeccable. Overall, it’s a great privilege to use such a nice money management system.

Pros: Paypal is the first money sharing app I have ever used. For their free transfer and instant transfer to PayPal account, I even now keep this app on top of all other such apps. Also most of the online vendors now accept paypal and paypal credit while it is very easy to checkout with one click, hence I use it where I have it as an option. Also I can transfer money from my paypal to bank account and vice versa without any fee. All these are the reasons I love to use it and have been using it almost everyday to split expenses with friends and family as well as using it for online purchases.

Cons: Their customer support is not that much responsive as you will find it hard to talk to a human agent over phone. Also most of the representatives I have talked to so far don’t seem to have a comprehensive knowledge of the system. The representatives need to be more knowledgeable about their service and should serve more promptly. I have faced difficulty to set up recurring payment option with my paypal credit as the use of this extension in their service is still not much user-friendly. They should provide more easier option to set payment options. I have faced issues with payment options as even after selecting a specific payment option with paypal checkout, I was charged from another payment option without my knowledge. Also if you mistakenly pay your friend using money protection feature, they will charge you a fee and there is no option to get back that charged fee even of you do it by mistake. They should be more flexible on such things. Also free trasnfer to the bank accounts sometimes take time more than usual which may mess up your monetary emergency.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2019
Daniel alejandro Q.
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2019

"Best Software to transfer Money Worlwide"

Comments: We started our business about 3 years ago. Our first Payment Processor was PayPal. In the beginning, we struggled a little bit syncing the bank accounts, and then PayPal asked for verification of the ID, sometimes the process is a little slow, I would recommend make faster the registration process so is more intuitive and friendly for people that are not experts in the field. Overall Paypal has been really good for our business, and the tools that offer to send an invoice for a customer are really nice. the customer is not required to have a Paypal account, so they can pay with the credit card. The Invoice System is really fast to create an invoice and send it really fast. When the Balance to be transferred is more than $1000 and you are making a commercial transaction. Paypal charged by a percentage that makes really high fee compared to a wire transfer from a regular bank, therefore, when we are transferring high amounts we use regular banks because it is a flat fee of $40. However Paypal still stands really good for small amounts, and the transactions are made immediately. we really love the reports that you can download from their system which is really handy at the Taxes's time also, PayPal can be synchronize easily with almost any website system, and make the process really smooth and fast We recommend PayPal for Business and individual that want to transfer around the world really fast We Recommend to PayPal open their own Marketplace Thank you

Pros: -Easy to Use and Intuitive
-Adaptability to business, especially e-commerce
-Used worldwide for the best selling Marketplaces in the world (Amazon, eBay, aliexpress)
-Friendly reports
-Friendly system
-Low Fee Cost depends on the amount of the transaction

Cons: -High-cost fee for transactions when required a high amount of money
-at the beginning is hard to open an account and sync with the bank account. the verification by sign-in doesn't work correctly, so you have to wait some business days to wait for a deposit
-There are some high fees for other services that they have
-the credit provided by PayPal, interests are a little high compared to amazon

• Reviewed on 21/11/2019
Carissa H.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/06/2019

"Very handy and safe"

Comments: I've never had a problem with Paypal personally or professionally. As a non-profit CEO, I love that we can just put a button on a website or give out our accounting e-mail addy when people ask where to send donations and they can do it right away. It's an easy way to sell any products or do fundraising events and not have to manually keep track of each transaction because PayPal keeps track of it all in one spot! Once, there was a charge that I didn't authorize, and they responded immediately and took care of it. I feel really safe using it.

Pros: I feel safe using Paypal. It is so easy to transfer funds and also keep funds safe in a separate account besides banking or savings. The paypal credit is great for emergencies to not have to pay interest for 6 months, and the new paypal cash card is a great backup to access funds as needed from any ATM. I love that I have the option to transfer funds to other accounts, and have one resource I can use to pay with ANY of my accounts instead of having to type in numbers from so many different cards. The speed in which funds are transferred for free is very fast, but to also have the option to pay a small fee for a faster transfer is helpful in emergency situations especially. It is SO easy to use and funds are immediately available by simply typing in an e-mail addy or using a paypal.me link. It's a perfect one stop to combine so many accounts together, send and receive money, save money, pay securely online, and request money. I use it personally, as does my non-profit. It saves my non-profit a lot of money by not having to have a credit card machine we use through the bank! It encourages people to donate because it is instant (so they don't forget or change their minds later) and so easy by not having to write out a check or get a money order. I love being able to see my payments and what I have received from where all in one spot. The option to return funds, request funds, or pay others all in one spot is so fast and easy! I LOVE paypal!

Cons: Sometimes I have some navigational issues on the site, but I don't know why because I've used it for so long! Otherwise, I really can't think of anything about Paypal that I don't like.

• Reviewed on 09/06/2019
Cullen M.
Business Intelligence Analyst
Information Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2019

"PayPal Reaches New Heights in Security and Convenience"

Comments: PayPal has served me well over the past 8 years or so and I will continue doing so. I've always felt a sense of security around my purchases and integrity of confidential information. Its amazing how PayPal has managed to serve such high standard of security related services while continuing to enhance its convenience via new features, fast support, and a ever widening network of user touch-points. PayPal's availability is far beyond what today's local banks offer. Users can find uses in websites/stores that accept PayPal, in-person physical access to your account for withdraw or deposit, and full control anytime, anywhere with the mobile app and superb web interface.

Pros: PayPal has always worked without fail when used as a payment method. In one glance at my PayPal dashboard either on my computer or mobile device, I'm able to check my balance, credit balance, credit payment due date and more. I've even found myself without cash or balance in my local checking when I needed to pay a bill. That's when I tried PayPal cash withdrawal using the app for the first time. Within minutes I had the money I needed! There are so many benefits and tools built around convenience within PayPal that I can't say enough. I'm a fan of investing and when PayPal teamed with Acorns for easy round up investments I was quick to take advantage of it. To be honest, I hardly use my checking compared to how much I use my PayPal account.

Cons: There isn't much to dislike about PayPal, however I there were a few times I had sent/received money from family and it was mistakenly handled as a payment. The problem was purely user based. More than likely the manner in which we requested and/or sent the money was different than the "Gift" function. The gift being handled as a payment for services instead lead to a fee of a substantial amount. Perhaps some better explanation on requesting a gift vs. payment and such. I see PayPal has recently introduced an invoicing system which is amazing.
I hope they continue to do so as they were lacking free services targeted towards individual entrepreneurs who did business under their own name rather than a business.

• Reviewed on 09/05/2019
Crystal R.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2019

"Payment Software With A Ton of Features"

Comments: I use PayPal daily on our company's website, as well as three e-commerce platforms that we use (Bonanza, eBid and eBay). We offer additional payment options on our website and have discovered that PayPal appears to be the most trusted by our customers. PayPal offers a wide range of reports for tracking sales and expenditures. Because of the number of reports, I do not utilize them all. My favorite report is the monthly or quarterly financial summary because I can see what our revenue and expenses were and it is very user friendly. We print all of our shipping labels through PayPal and receive a commercial discount. I have tried other options for shipping but feel that PayPal is the most cost effective and user friendly. I also like the option of paying for my shipping costs out of my PayPal balance because it eliminates the step of transferring money to the bank and having to wait for it to get there. In addition to using PayPal for e-commerce, I do work as an independent contractor. Most of the companies I contract with use PayPal to pay their contractors. The financial summary on PayPal breaks down what money came from sales and what was sent as a distribution from a company I contracted for. PayPal integrates easily with my accounting software so that much of the bookkeeping and accounting work is hands off. I am able to pay vendors and platform fees directly from PayPal. PayPal offers more than one way to get my money. I can transfer it to the bank or a debit card.

Pros: PayPal offers integration so that I can accept payments from customers on my own website as well as on all of the platforms that I sell on. PayPal also offers a wide range of custom reports that helps me track sales and expenditures such as shipping costs and fees.

Cons: Calling PayPal's customer service often results in added frustration and a lack of results. PayPal often sides with buyers that claim there was an issue with their order, even when there is a lack of evidence to support the claim.

• Reviewed on 23/02/2019
Samridh S.
Electrical Engineer II
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2019

"My goto place for transactions"

Pros: Everyone who has done some sort of online payment and transactions have hear of paypal so it wouldn't be wrong to say it is one of the most used online third party payment source in variety of businesses. I have used paypal for last 10 years and still do for many of my online purchases and even fund raisers.
- Easy to create account and use it
Paypal account is free to create for normal usage and anyone can have it. It is simple, straightforward, and most importantly no hassles.
- Secure and safe
At this age where technology is everywhere data security is super important. Paypal takes user information and data very seriously and does encrypt it in the most secure way.
- Easy to links accounts
You can put money in paypal or link bank accounts and transfer directly. You can even send money to family and friends with a few click of buttons once your accounts is link. How great is that.
- Smooth transactions
Whether you are selling stuff or buying, everyone trusts paypal so using it for a means of payment is accepted everywhere. Ebay users are one of the biggest user of paypal.
- History
Your buying, selling, depositing and withdrawing information are locked and loaded on paypal for viewing. When someone like me who continuously buys on ebay and sometimes sells as well, paypal helps me understand how much important it is to have these individual transactions stored and organized.

Cons: Paypal is great except,
- Transaction fees for businesses
Do you buy and sell on ebay? Then there is some fee one has to pay which is not great for everyone. I hated those fees but a small price to pay for convenience I think
- Not good for big businesses
Paypal is not for big business for sure due to its lack of proper customer support and backup. Better go elsewhere.
I never had to deal with it but I know a few people whose paypal account got frozen or removed for no reason. That could be a disaster for sure and that means you have to go through a lengthy process to get your money back if you lost some.

• Reviewed on 01/02/2019
Order Taker/Virtual Assistant
Food & Beverages, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2018

"Paypal has Helped my Online Shopping be Secure and a Piece of Cake!"

Comments: Overall, I think Paypal is a livesaver for anyone who is dealing with transactions online. In this day in age, security is a huge issue, and scammers are on the rise, and you dont want that to hinder you from making purchases online, so paypal gives me the sense of security when shopping.

Pros: I've been using Paypal for several years now ever since I started my online shopping adventures. Paypal offers many pros of using their service. One of my favorites, and the ease of being able to have my money in my paypal balance and be able to shop literally on several sites which allows me to choose paypal as my payment method with ease. Also, paypal offers secure transactions that are made quick, and not to mention buyer protection on all of your orders, no matter what site you are using, you will be protected. I'm a heavy user of ebay, and Paypal has protected me many of times when I came upon scam sellers on ebay who took off with my money, but since I used paypal as my preferred method , I was able to dispute it with them and they helped get my money back. Another awesome pro about Paypal is that they offer their Papyal Mastercard which you can receive % cashback whenever you use your card. This has earned me soooo much cashback over the years, it accumulates over a month, each month you get a nice chunk of change back. Paypal also offers features for business owners, and invoicing features to help move your online business and transactions along easily. In my previous jobs, I've utilized Paypal in creating invoices for my customers, and managing all kinds of transactions. If you plan to start doing online shopping , I highly suggest signing up with Paypal, they are trustworthy and will have your back if you run into trouble.

Cons: The cons for Paypal are little to none to be honest. Only thing I would say would be their customer service. It isnt the fastest to get ahold of someone, but when you do they do indeed help you out.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2018
Nathan S.
Digital Marketing Manager
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2018

"A Good but not so good feature"

Pros: Paypal is one of the most well known payment processor services out there. Having used it for over 7 years now, there are some good things and some not so good things. 1) The ability to accept payments from almost anyone with a card. Paypal has been doing peer to peer payments for a long time now as well as business payments. Its very easy to set up an account and start receiving payments from anyone with a card.
2) Privacy when making payments -The ability to make payments knowing that your card information will not be shared with another party when making payments is just great. It adds a layer of privacy that is second to none.
3) Receiving payments - Paypal has always served as a second account of sorts for paying and receiving payments. Being able to send a request for payment and having that payment come in without lifting a finger or setting up complex accounts is always a huge plus, especially when you can withdraw that money to a bank account and actually use it!
4) Payment disputes - Paypal's payment dispute center is a service I have used many times over, the ability to resolve conflicts over service or payments within a controlled area is very helpful for someone who runs a business through Paypal or makes frequent payments. It is probably one of their best services

Cons: But not all is rosy, Paypal has over the years buffled me with some extreme challenges. 1) Unnecessary Account blocking - If Paypal suspects any suspicious activity on your account, they can block it without warning you. This happened to me once when I logged in from another IP address (was traveling at the time) and I had to wait 6 months to get any payments.
2) Support is not always helpful - While Paypal has many avenues to handle payment issues and disputes, their support center is not helpful when it comes to general account information and issues. Sometimes you have to read online to find a solution because their support can take anywhere from 7 days to never responding.
3) Using Paypal is risky. As a payment processor it is ok, but keeping money in Paypal for any reason can be risky as mentioned before issues like accounts being blocked, chargebacks and refunds can put your account at risk. For example, if you have 2 or more payment disputes, your account gets "reviewed", part of me feels like Paypal functions like a bank versus just being a payment processing service.
While I do think it is great service for making payments, the jury is still out on the receiving payments bit. My personal experience with Paypal has been "meh", I feel it is a necessary evil to get payments made and received but since there are very few other services that can match the features that Paypal has, it remains the one I use the most.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2018
Lisa R.
Secretary
2-10 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2018

"It has some minor drawbacks but none are deal breakers."

Comments: PayPal has a couple things they may need to tighten up for the businesses using them. Once up and running, Ive not run into any issues or problems. Incoming or outgoing, funds travel as expected within a decent amount of time.

Pros: Using PayPal is easy and consumer friendly. Their help section is also very usable and informative. Payment can be taken from people with or without a PayPal account. The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate. There is also the ability to swipe credit cards in person. The basic device is provided at no charge and works with almost any smartphone. Its portability makes it a must have for businesses that are mobile. Processing of payments is easy for the consumer or whoever is paying you. I haven’t run across a bank that isn’t PayPal friendly. The app is a “light” version of the website, so there are a couple things that aren’t available but it still has a nice phone or tablet interface. Almost any information can be found from within. They are also informative with what's happening with funds with just a glance. Their transaction notifications are also on point.

Cons: The amount of verification required is a bit much, but considering the world today and corporations need to deflect blame when situations arise, they are thorough. I am a non-profit and has a bit of an issue with our status within the system. I got a couple form emails when inquiring but eventually got someone that could direct me. Talking to a person can be an issue but once you’re up and running, things go smooth. For a person to use PayPal and not force the organization they’re paying to incur a fee; the person must have a PayPal account. Many people are shy about putting their banking information permanently online but still use the service. I would like for PayPal to allow me to see my incoming payments comment section without having to click on it even though all other sections appear when printing. I would also like to be able to make my own report with what I need. There are several canned reports that don’t give me everything I want the way I want it, but I work around it. None of these issues are a deal breaker for me.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2018
Shanyce R.
Student
Medical Practice, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2021

"Best for Both Personal and Professional Use"

Comments: Overall, the hidden fees haven't impacted me directly but it is something that I believe PayPal needs to work on. However, including my experience only, I had a great one. Customer service was efficient and helpful. The program itself is mostly easy to navigate as well. It remains my number one third party app to use for cash transfer.

Pros: Paypal is easy to use and what I liked best is being able to choose whether a transaction was for "friends or family" or for business. For friends and family, it makes it non-refundable. For business, you are able to dispute and potentially refund it. When online shopping, I always use PayPal, especially for sites that aren't as well know or credible. It protects my credit card information and has refunded me when I had been scammed by an online site.

Cons: Something I liked the least was the hidden fees within PayPal. My friends never received any receipts from Paypal which specifically details the fees. When I would help them add up their sales and deduct the fees they knew of, they realized what they were receiving from PayPal did not add up. Transparency is something I believe is extremely important that companies need to gain the trust of their customers.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2021
Ndongmbu E.
Self employed
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2021

"PAYPAL REVIEW"

Comments: My experience with paypal is overwhelming. It is a great software. It's security and safety with great ease of transactions makes it the best so far for me. It makes my business life stress free. My online transaction have become so easy and fast making it possible to transfer money between my family and friends very easy

Pros: Paypal makes life easier. The ease at which transactions are made amazed me. It's very safe with double protection options that makes your credit, debit cards protected from Hackers, no annual membership fees, processing fee, no service charges. The easy accessibility to the software makes it possible for transactions to be done anywhere . Digital investment opportunity with paypal makes life more sweeter

Cons: Honestly all offers are great . Paypal has greatly release my stress in doing online transaction. Lack of a good quality customer service and sometimes difficulties to access contact numbers is just lone problem noted but with current upgrades this in no time will be no problem

• Reviewed on 04/04/2021