• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.7 /5
    4.3 /5

About PayPal

From payments to credit to fraud protection, PayPal Commerce Platform helps you meet your customers where they are.

Learn more about PayPal

Showing 16,000 reviews

Emeka O.
Digital Marketing Trainer
  • Reviewed on 30/12/2019

"A Widely Used Payment Processor"

Comments: I use PayPal to make payments for goods and services for my business. It's also used to accept payments. Generally, PayPal is a cool payment processor.

Pros: I like PayPal for some reasons. Among the reasons for which I like PayPal include: 1. Ability to make payments without exposing my credit card details: Credit card fraud and identity theft is a trending menace nowadays. One is at a very high risk of having his/her credit card information stolen when the card is used on insecure websites. With PayPal I don't have to bother about my credit card information as I only have to sign in to my PayPal account and then proceed to making payment without having to expose my credit card information on the third-party website. 2. Ability to receive payment using only an email address: I love it that I can use my verified PayPal account's email address to receive money from anyone with a PayPal account. 3. Ability to integrate PayPal payment processor without much technicalities involves: I was able to integrate the PayPal payment processor to my ecommerce website in just a few minutes without having to do much technical stuffs. 4. Moderate payment processing charges: The charges by PayPal while using their payment gateway is moderate compared to that of some other payment processors. I had tried using a payment processor whose charges were quite high.

Cons: I have some problems with PayPal. One of the problems is that PayPal is not available is some countries, and this is a limitation to expanding to such countries. Secondly, PayPal have an history of limiting people's accounts for some hard to understand reasons. The issue is that once an account is limited, it is very hard or impossible to get back the money in the account.

• Reviewed on 30/12/2019
Suzan P.
Sr. Business Development Manager
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/06/2019

"Paypal Business Review"

Comments: Overall, I've been a customer of paypal for over 10 years. I like their invoicing system, and how it tracks everything for you. It gives ease of access when you go into Paypal and you need to search for and track payment or invoice records. That's awesome. I am not a fan of the customer service that paypal has. Each time I call for help to try to fix an issue I'm having, I end up getting off the call more confused. They need to train their rep's better. I've had instances where I've had to call about the same issue multiple times, and each time I called about the exact same issue, I have been given different explanations, and also been told to do different things to 'correct' the issues, and 9 times out of 10, the issue isn't resolved. If you call with a simple issue, the rep's seem to be able to help ok though.

Pros: I like a couple things about Paypal. I mostly like the mobile app that they offer, because it gives you ease of access when your on the go. I also like that Paypal has started integrating new partnerships like Venmo. I really like how easy and instantly you're able to transfer paypal funds into your bank account.

Cons: With the new partnership/integrated apps that they have, like Venmo, and Greendot, they aren't a two-way street. For instance, you can't transfer money from Venmo over to paypal, or at least I tried, and it was extremely confusing how they have everything set up.

• Reviewed on 04/06/2019
Sarah O.
Marketing Coordinator
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2020

"Great for both businesses and personal use!"

Comments: PayPal is one of the best commerce software out there for both business and personal use. Their online website and mobile app are both very easy to use, when both paying and requesting payments. PayPal has been my go-to payment method for over 10 years, and I've never had any big issues with it. I've always receive payments to my bank accounts within a timely manner, and their customer service team is very helpful as well.

Pros: PayPal is one of the commerce platforms I have used for the longest time. I've used it both for businesses and personal use, and it's never let me down. It's super easy to send money to individuals both on their website and mobile app, and I love that you can write specific notes within each payment. It links seamlessly to your bank accounts, and I always receive payouts quickly. When requesting payments, I love the "reminder" feature where you can politely nudge someone for a payment. It's also easy to pull historical statements for accounting purposes.

Cons: It's annoying that there are transaction fees when you have a business account, though this is not something you can avoid with any e-commerce platform. They all charge fees, but PayPal is actually reasonably priced and competitive compared to other platforms like Stripe or Square, so it's not a huge negative aspect of the platform. My personal PayPal has also been hacked before through eBay back in 2015. There was an unknown foreign charge on there, which was a little concerning since PayPal is linked to my bank accounts. Luckily PayPal customer service was able to refund me the amount and help me set up two-step authentication for security purposes. I have not gotten hacked since!

Zach I.
Agent
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/03/2019

"The industry standard"

Pros: For better or for worse, PayPal is the industry standard for online transactions. I like it because I can actually make sure we get paid (where as previously, I was waiting for checks for months that mysteriously got lost in the mail.) It was clunky at first, but now, they make it really easy to send invoices, keep track of purchases, dispute transactions (I was a victim of fraud once and they helped right away!), and more. I am most impressed with their fraud protection actually; they are better than VISA, Mastercard, and AMEX, who still often require you to send in snail-mail when there is a problem. I also like that you can now embed badged, i.e., "Pay Me with Paypal" or "Donate Here." They are making it for sure user-friendly.

Cons: PayPal is becoming dated with its fee structure. Venmo is much more competitive, although admittedly not as robust or well-known as PayPal. They were late to the game with the credit card reader and their terms are not as good as Square's (although I do admit that both platforms save me a ton of money because I no longer need point-of-sale terminals, which were wildly expensive in the '80s and '90s.) I also wish that they had a laxer policy on adult-items. Some of my talent also creates adult-content, and we are afraid to use the platform for home video sales and celebrity bookings at AdultCons (which are legal!) because PayPal has shut down other adult-entertainment communities for offering PayPal. No customer service rep has given me a clear line of what the boundaries are, so we avoid it all-together.

• Reviewed on 28/03/2019
Francisco S.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2020

"The payment method that sells best"

Comments: We are using Paypal since at least 10 years in many projects, and always it's a win-win combination due to his reliability, as a customer and as a buyer

Pros: We have several payment methods in our website, but PayPal is, with a great difference the preferred by our all customers. Even myself prefer this in my personal bougths. It gives a great security perception to the final customer because there is no need to give your credit card data.
Recently it has launched a new prestashop checkout module which integrates even a lot of new possibilities to local providers, this, helps a lot again the security perception to the customer
Also the security policies to the buyer, also give them an additional security layer with free returns, claims center...

Cons: The only one cons I can find to PayPal is his fees. It's more expensive to any other payment method. They're the best and get this advantage is his own profit

• Reviewed on 10/07/2020
Pedro T.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2020

"The Global Solution - but not the best"

Comments: As someone who likes to solve problems and its willing to work around technicalities to make things work, PayPal has been a very decent experience. As I mentioned, I really miss some key features regarding recurring billing and checkout customization but, as an overall, it is an amazing platform.

Pros: What I really like about PayPal is that it is available in almost any country in the world and works with almost any existing credit card. It's also a great payment option because it has no initial upfront costs, which means that anyone can start using it right away. If, for some reason, you cannot have the money transferred to your local bank, PayPal will transfer the money to any dollar card you might have within two days. The fact that you can also embed it to your website or smartphone app is also great. You can also create a PayPal.me checkout, which will allow you to charge anyone any amount you need to charge in a quick and simple way by via a link you can share.

Cons: I think that the user interface is not the easiest to understand at all. PayPal also lacks on features when it comes to, for example, recurring billing systems (recently, they tried to improved it but the generated codes - to embed on a website - generated an error, which is something unbelievable coming from such a giant technological company), and the options to charge or personalize the icons are not the best neither.
The $5 (per transaction) and 5% commission of the total amount you are transferring are not the lowest on the market neither. This is only compensated by the fact that they are the most globally accepted payment platform in the world.
Finally, customer service doesn't exist at all and you must solve almost every problem and question by yourself. Google and forums are your only source of help. This is, probably, one of the worst things about PayPal. What happens if they freeze your money and you cannot withdraw it? No one knows.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2020
Siddharth G.
Business Owner
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2020

"Paypal is the future of payments"

Comments: We are using Paypal as a payment gateway between us and our clients to make digital transaction safer and more convenient. Its a bestpayment gateway for yourself or for your business, company or brand do choose paypal because its packed with the features that one needs plus theirs an amazing customer support and a sense of extra security so do consider paypal as a payment option

Pros: I started using Paypal lastyear and till date i use it as my top priority for payments to be made online. Next, I really like the ease of use. It has tons of features and they are all easy to use. Again theres a policy where paypal covers the return shipping costs upto a certain amount and its awesome. Its mobile apps are amazing so i domt nneed pc to acess it and best of the best part is that it allows to send and receive globally.

Cons: There's not much cons i have noticed using paypal but i would recommend Paypal to make people aware that paypal is ease of use even in India because when i share my paypal link for payments to my clients they think that paypal is a American company and so they dont trust it so much.

• Reviewed on 09/07/2020
Shabri F.
Home health care provider
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2020

"Perfect for personal or business uses"

Comments: It has helped me with ordering textbooks, personal items, and food delivery by its compatibility with all kinds of sites. To be honest, I will sometimes avoid food services or online orders that don't have PayPal as an option to pay.

Pros: I like the promptness of service and money exchange,the extra layer of protection from linking bank accounts, and freedom from hidden costs.

Cons: Sometimes, with larger amounts of money exchange, there is a delay.

• Reviewed on 27/10/2020
Brad G.
co-founder
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2020

"PayPal is a super secure and easy way to pay anyone or receive payments for anything!"

Comments: I have used PayPal for personal invoices and payments and also for business purposes for many years. The integration with other websites makes it super easy to do one click payments or select other accounts on your list.

Pros: PayPal is a very straightforward user interface and directly ties to bank accounts and cards. It is integrated into so many other sites to use as a payment method that it would almost be silly not to have an account set up with it.

Cons: I don't like having to wait for payments to be received to our bank account. If we want to receive it quicker then we can certainly pay a small fee, which isn't outrageous.

Kory L.
Sales Manager
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2020

"PayPal is one of the best Payment Gateways for eCommerce"

Comments: As a personal user, I appreciate how secure PayPal is. For PayPal as a payment gateway, it is consistently one of the top recommendations to our clients and we can easily set it up for them and they like the features of it.

Pros: When it comes to setting up PayPal Pro for our clients' eCommerce websites, it is a smooth and easy process. Most clients also like the features it offers for managing their payments.

Cons: There aren't too many things I would consider negative when using PayPal Pro or PayPal on its own. The only notable item is that it does cost a bit more as a payment gateway vs. Stripe or Square.

• Reviewed on 08/09/2020
Lance S.
Art Director
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2020

"A must have option for payment processing"

Comments: I've been a Paypal customer for over a decade, and I have to admit that in terms of user experience and customer support (compared to other payment processing platforms); I'd be placing them right at the top. I just hope that with the steady increase in online transactions, that Paypal would eventually cutdown on its fees and be able to partner with more shopping platforms.

Pros: Personally, I think the best feature about the whole Paypal ecosystem is its accessibility and ease of use. Both the browser and mobile app's UI are divine. It's pretty obvious that it was designed with end user in mind. Everything is clear, no guessing - unlike other bank and payment apps which smothers 1st time users with with a flood of obscure icons. Specially with the Paypal iOS app, everything is concise, intuitive and clear.

Cons: The only things I don't like with the Paypal ecosystem is the fees are just a bit pricier than some of the other available options. And also the fact that, for some reason, shopping platforms are withdrawing support for Paypal payments (such as Lazada and Shopee among others).

• Reviewed on 14/10/2020
Sarah C.
Speech language pathologist
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/09/2020

"Linked and Loaded"

Comments: My overall experience with PayPal, for the last decade, is that they're a solid 8.5 company with a great cash card that's easy as pie for relatives and friends to load for you in a bind, lots of controlling your own spending features, and an easy safe way to checkout on 3rd party sites without further compromising your banking information. Their customer service personnel are helpful, polite, and patient...as long as you have the time to wait for the assistance. It's kept me loyal for almost 12 years, and there's not another rival on the market even close to handling purchases easily or securely, they just aren't the best as a stand alone banking source or to handle your linked accounts money. if you can maintain a PayPal balance that's really all you need to do to alleviate the frustration from the banking end

Pros: PayPal offers some of the most reliable ways to pay for online purchases third party, when I see the little PayPal symbol on any app or website that I'm trying to purchase a product off of, I almost always gravitate towards it because PayPal safely recalls all my banking or credit card details and saves me time digging out a card or tracking down my wallet spur of the moment. PayPal also has excellent protection policies in place for peer to peer transactions, ensuring I have somebody on my side if my peer to peer sale goes pitifully to poor. PayPal emails me receipts for each purchase, let's me toggle my card on and off at will, and if with my PayPal cash cars in hand, I can literally receive INSTANT funds sent from any family or friend with PayPal, including my sister in Germany. If only it money transfer from my linked bank account to my PayPal account were easier or faster, but this is their biggest downfall.

Cons: PayPal toots their "security" horn perhaps louder than any other feature, but with good reason--as in the decade I've been a loyal PayPal customer, I've only had one breach of privacy or security. This particular breach was a result of my own personal life and nothing at all to fault PayPal for, and they linked me up with their 3rd party online check cashing company immediately to help me resolve the issue. PayPal has a decent A.I. HelpBot and customer service is always 24 to 48 hours behind the Bot with customized solutions and help . Their system automatically notifies me via email when I have a message from customer service, too, which is especially helpful considering their app's chat feature is not especially designed for being used from smartphone. The chat portal, even via desktop, is rather cramped and clunky and if you navigate away from it in any way (like oh I don't know in case your phone rings) you lose your connection to the window. However, the alternative to using the online help center is to call in to their telephone support line and while the system allows you to put in your number to save your place in line for PayPal to call you back so you don't have to wait on hold, a very thoughtful allowance, there are definitely times where my wait for a call back has been over four hours, and if you miss the call for any reason, you are screwed and you have to start over at Square One...which couldn't be more frustrating.

• Reviewed on 07/09/2020
‪mohammed E.
esshaimi
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 06/09/2020

"paypal review - esshaimi"

Pros: Paypal is distinguished in terms of sending and receiving money, as it contributes to facilitating many things first regarding the process of sending money quickly, safely and reliably because before it was difficult to send money from one place to another while you are in your place very quickly, but the Paypal site came and facilitated this task and from Among the advantages of Paypal also is the ease of browsing and using the site so that you can move between all its different sections easily and smoothly without any cramps, and also the Paypal site guarantees you a refund of your money in the event someone swindles you or steals your money and also what I like about the Paypal site is the multiplicity The languages ​​used in it, which contribute to facilitating the process of understanding and dealing with it without problems, in addition to that, the Paypal site is used in most websites, in addition to that, you can buy with your bank card using Paypal in order to ensure that you are not defrauded or your money stolen unlike the purchase By using the bank card directly, because in this case you will not be able to recover your money in the event that you are swindled or your money stolen

Cons: Among the negative aspects of the Paypal site is its relatively high commission for sending money, in addition to that, in many cases, various problems occur during the process of sending money from a Paypal account to another account or through withdrawal to a bank card without mentioning the reason for this. The problem is making it difficult to send money, and when you want to communicate with them in order to solve this problem, there are difficulties in terms of quick communication and quick response, and also among the negative things is that the funds are frozen for a certain period that varies for several reasons, whether it is from one Paypal account to another or in terms of a source of reception Money wasting a lot of time.
In addition to that, the account is sometimes frozen for a period of 180 days, or sometimes they require you to send some commercial documents or the national identity card in order to release the presence on your account

• Reviewed on 06/09/2020
Jason W.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2020

"Highly Recommended Product"

Comments: Paypal is a excellent service for any e-commerce solution people with or without paypal can securely enter info for payment without any fear of identity theft, scam, or leaked info. Their Top security makes them our number 1 choice 5 years in a row.

Pros: Paypal is great because its very secure and anonymous. What i mean by that is no one can know the card numbers used or taken its all by order and transaction numbers so no one can steal info so its great and recommended.

Cons: The only thing i find least appealing is that the resolution center most likely take the customer side, which in some cases is them getting over but customers are always right.

• Reviewed on 08/08/2020
Faith A.
Self employed
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/08/2020

"PayPal is a well rounded service"

Comments: My overall experience with PayPal as a buyer is pretty positive. And of course as a seller it’s going to be more difficult as you have too build a basis for yourself so you can come across as trust worthy. It seems the app really has a no scammer policy for the most part, and I believe most disputes are opened and handles fairly if not a bit extended and over due. I think that the buyer protection is a very amazing option that not many other concealed cash apps have, and I think the app has very good security for the most part. Overall my experience as a buyer and seller are both positive.

Pros: Very functional for small business owners, or if you run a shop on Instagram or etsy, even through your own website. You can pay for things instantly, using your thumb print through your phone as affirmation of payment. Instant transfers/wires too your bank account with a very affordable fee. The app is free to download and use, and you the exchange rates between different currency is also very good and the fee is feeble and affordable. The outlines of the app are very too the point and it’s very easy to use after confirming who you are and connecting your bank account, and if you don’t want too connect your bank account you can use your PayPal balance with a PayPal card which is very convenient. It’s very easy to send money all over the place, you can also send money through friends and family which won’t charge you a fee no matter where you send it or you can pay a small fee and have a 180 buyer protection over whatever product you bought, no matter who or where you bought it from. Including open disputes that last for 21 days Until resolved or refunded. Overall a very well rounded app and outlined nicely with a lot more pros than cons.

Cons: I think that customer service is very poor, even before the covid 19 out break, it takes a little while for them to process disputes. You also have to be careful of people who will scam you, you can not be refunded if you don’t go through goods and services. At least not all the time too my knowledge depending on the case. It’s hard to get in touch with an actual customer service rep, they have an automated system to help answer frequently asked questions or problems you may be having. Which doesn’t answer a few of the more difficult dispute problems that have occurred personally through the past. Also pending transactions are a thing and sometimes your money that has been wired too your pay pal balance may be unavailable too you for 21 days and it’s very hard to open a dispute about that so you can access the money in your account. Pending transactions usually happen when you are a new seller or if you are selling through a website or social media account connected too your pay pal for the first time. It doesn’t help when you have to pay the app your using it throughs, seller fees. And has sometimes made my bank account negative when I needed it. Boosting customer service and paying attention to the minor pending errors and sometimes the app will shut me out in a certain amount of time or not register my thumb print. Minor errors.

• Reviewed on 23/08/2020
Grace C.
Operations manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2020

"An option for online payments"

Comments: We utilized pay pal when quick books no longer offered a service for accepting online payments. We had to have something for our patients to utilize online to be able to pay us. This was a great quick and easy tool that allowed us to accept those payment for a small fee.

Pros: The software was easy to implement and manage. We were able to put it up on our website and manage payments within a couple of hours

Cons: The charges for payments received and limited options for customization. We were charged a small percent on every payment that was sent in and it did not allow us to customize the portal on our website much. Like adding an email or our patient specific account #.

• Reviewed on 06/08/2020
Moaaz E.
Spread Shirt
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/07/2020

"The perfect place to save and transfer your money"

Comments: In general, this platform helps me a lot in receiving my money from various sides, especially because I work in the field of designs and have money at the site and that Paypal is always my first choice so that I can take this money.
It makes it easier for me to pay the bills, transfer the money, and receive it from any bank near me. It is truly an ideal platform and I cannot give it up in my own transaction .
Positives
In my view, only the pros of the Paypal platform were divided into ten sections
1: Through Paypal, I can send and receive all my money from different countries of the planet with complete ease and credibility in paying the funds at rock bottom possible costs 2: Safety you'll not find a far better wallet than Paypal in saving your money and savings. you'll put tons of your money and zip are going to be taken from it. it's safe enough. On the PayPal platform, hackers are verified and every one transactions are monitored. If a rogue person is analogous to the platform, they're taken out and their account locked up. 3: Easy to use and fast money transfer, you'll not find it difficult to receive and transfer your money. don't be concerned about your bank mastercard information, their security policy is extremely strict, all you would like is simply send the person to the corporate and your email address, and therefore the money are going to be sent to you 4: Customer service has top quality and global and it's very easy to speak with them if you fall under any

Pros: problem, talk only to them, they're going to reply to you and that they will solve your problem needless to say
5: Commission is extremely cheap, unlike wallets and other electronic banks
6: Very easy if you employ it from the phone. Ideal for putting icons and straightforward to navigate the platform. I prefer using it by phone tons . the form and therefore the general interface of the platform are beautiful and attractive.
7: the power to pay bills to my customers and therefore the ability to shop for from various stores of the planet through the web , and once you open any website you discover within the payment options the Paypal platform that's everywhere within the world
8: you'll receive your money on a day to day and throughout the week, if you're employed during a fast electronic job and you get your money on an equivalent day, i counsel you with Paypal
9: Famous and with an excellent reputation among people and corporations , everyone knows Paypal, and this is often amazing in itself. you've got an excellent thanks to go if you would like to verify his friendship, and it's one among the foremost used platforms within the world on a day to day .
10: Continuous updating of the platform and adding features instantly increases your love in handling it and increases your confidence in it more. Okan Paypal tells you to not worry about your financial transactions, i will be able to manage it and you're comfortable with peace of mind

Cons: As for me, I had some difficulties linking my bank credit card to the platform but I went to technical support (customer service) and they helped me solve the problem

• Reviewed on 22/07/2020
Online Business Consultant
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 05/07/2020

"I've Been Using Them For Years!"

Comments: I've Been Using Them For Years! Their service has been consistent and reliable. PayPal is a well known and recognized payment processor with my US buyers and I think that familiarity helps when they buy from me online. There's a professionalism to using PayPal and I think online freelancers should use it more in business instead of going with something like Cash App.

Pros: PayPal is easy to setup and easy to use for both personal use and for business (I started with a personal account and then switched over to business). I've never had a problem connecting and using PayPal with any of my WordPress websites and I've been using them as my website payment processor for years. The best part is you only pay to use PayPal if you make a sale. I feel like the percentage they take from the sale is fair (all businesses need to make money to stay in business -mine included). After sales are made, transferring money into my bank account is always quick and easy.

Cons: I haven't had any problems with PayPal at all over the years. Yes, they will charge a fee if you want money transferred over quicker than the average transfer time, but I haven't needed to do that.

• Reviewed on 05/07/2020
Dental assistant
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2020

"Best extra layer of security you can get"

Comments: I don’t even know where to begin when describing all of the positive aspects of this software and how much it has changed my view on e-commerce. Prior to establishing our business account through PayPal, my company was in a place where we didn’t feel enough protection against everything that can go wrong with using and accepting payments online. Opening up a free business account here was the best business decision I have made in my time here because it allowed us a chance to sell our extra inventory that doesn’t get sold in office through different online platforms, something that has proved its worth in recent events in the country. Now we are able to sell products and perform services for patients when we open our offices back up.

Pros: The most useful feature of the software I have realized is the ability to create invoices and shipping labels directly from the platform with the customer’s information already input into each order form. Next, if there is any chance that a problem arises between you and your customer, it is handled by their professional staff through their Resolution Center and users are given an added layer of protection as both a seller and a buyer. Last, but certainly not least, each business account created through PayPal has the option to create their own direct link with your chosen title, which will take their customers to a page where they are able to pay you directly, a feature that has proven to be helpful for in-person transactions that need to post immediately.

Cons: The transfer time that it takes for the money to exit your PayPal account and enter into your bank account is a bit excessive and I wish it were a bit shorter for the business accounts.

• Reviewed on 14/05/2020
Ahmed E.
Physician
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2020

"Satisfaction guaranteed"

Comments: My overall experience with PayPal has been amazing. It is the only secure program I can trust while ordering medical supplies for me and my team at the hospital, regardless from what website I may need it from online. I’m able to receive transactions from the whole team to be able to pay for something under one transaction which is very helpful to have, to have everyone to pitch in at the same time. Being able to see the history of my usage is always a good way to help me keep tract of when I bought something.

Pros: PayPal is very easy to use for all ages. It is the most secure program while doing transactions. The security is very high and that relaxes me while using PayPal. If someone logs in from a different place than you normally log on with they raise a flag. Customer services is very helpful when you need them. You are able to shop online without worrying about being scammed regardless of the website. You can receive money from anyone very simply. You are able to even send your money on your account to your linked bank account for free! You can receive money on it without worrying about giving out your personal bank information or any other personal information. It’s very helpful for me in a hospitals to buy the supplies I need online that I can not find around me especially during this pandemic going on currently. It secures your credit card that you use as well. Being able to have your account via smartphone on the PayPal account is very useful.

Cons: I dislike not being able to use my account internationally. If I am going on a mission hospital trip overseas, would be nice to be able to receive money via transfer on my PayPal account and deposit in my bank account as I am able to do in the US. It takes a lot of time to process things at times , if I am waiting for a payment from someone it normally takes days. If You could do it instantly would be way more convenient for us. Even in the US I am not able to use it anywhere I’m wanting to , I find certain deals a lot cheaper on websites but it does not have a PayPal feature.

• Reviewed on 27/04/2020
Ross Y.
PM
Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2020

"#1 solution for non-credit card payments"

Comments: Robust payment solution for both personal and business use. Fast, secure and used widely across the US. Less popular in other countries and has issues with customer support, but overall this is still the industry standard for payments other than via credit cards.

Pros: I use PP for both personal and business purposes.
Personal:
1. Extremely easy to use: simple interface, intuitive functions.
2. Send money to friends, receive money from friends - transferring money among people via PP has become as natural as finding information on Google.
3. Apps are very high quality, stable and reliable
Business:
1. Payments collection: PP has a great reputation for use on websites that don't instill a lot of confidence. Which is basically any website that is not Amazon, Walmart and maybe a few others. My business falls into the category of "unknown", which automatically makes customers reluctant to pay with a credit card. PayPal is the way to go, about 60% of all transactions on my website are done via PP.
2. Invoice functionality is great - especially with the reminder feature.
3. Even for people who don't have PP, it offers an option to pay w/Credit Card through the PP interface.
4. Integrations with other services (besides Venmo) are great. For example, integration with Woocommerce / Wordpress.
5. The option of a credit/debit card is fantastic.

Cons: 1. Customer support is terrible. Usually everything goes great, but if there's a problem - good luck trying to get it resolved. If Amazon is around 10 on the customer support scale, PP is closer to 2 or 3.
2. PP is not popular in other parts of the world besides the US, which makes it difficult to have business with other countries. For example, it would be almost impossible to pay an Easter Europe freelancer.
3. Business reporting is buggy. The reports seem to be disconnected from reality or just don't show the needed info.
4. Some features on the website are buggy or lacking, for example transactions search: you can't just search by a sub-string of a keyword. First, you need to select a category (first name, last name, email, etc), then you have to write the whole term. Unnecessarily cumbersome and so 2001.
5. Zero synergies from Venmo integration. You'd think that owning Venmo would make it easy to use the same login and other features across the two products. Wrong - those are still two separate services with no cross-integrations whatsoever.

• Reviewed on 23/04/2020
Anvita S.
Tutor
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2020

"I Use PayPal Often"

Comments: My overall experience with PayPal has been positive. It was only recently I had issues with the transactions not going through and my money being withdrawn then returned for each failed attempt but I never had issues before. I love how convenient and fast it is, and that I don't have to go get my wallet or type in card details. I also have used it when people had to pay me and I love that it comes to my account automatically and I can easily transfer it to my bank. Highly recommend taking a few moments to make a PayPal account for all these free conveniences!

Pros: I love how convenient PayPal is to use when I leave my wallet in the car or somewhere far from me and I am too lazy to go get it (lol) because most online stores I shop from have PayPal as an option for payment method. It is worth taking a few minutes to create an account for the amount of convenience during checking out. You don't need to type in your card every time either! I also like that I can log in to my own PayPal account and view my transaction history to make sure everything looks normal and that there's customer service available when it does not. I love the convenience and that most stores utilize this fast checkout method! I also like that I have the option to transfer money to my back for a very very small fee immediately, or that I can wait a couple of days and it hits my bank account in a reasonable amount of time.

Cons: What I like least about this software is that there has been a few times where I check out, and the page comes to an error so I try again. Once I had to try again 3 times and the payment never processed. Next day I checked my bank account and I had those 3 attempts are card payment holds pending! It wouldn't be a big deal except the total in my account deducted for each attempt! Fortunately the charges fall off and the money comes back automatically when the purchase is not verified complete, but it can take anywhere from 1 day to several days to get the money back and it's not fun when you're running low on cash!

• Reviewed on 17/04/2020
Sam B.
Owner Mechanic
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2020

"PayPal is the very best way for my customers and I to take care of business transactions."

Comments: I love PayPal, I love the ease of service, how widely applicable PayPal services are in not just or country but in the entire world. PayPal is accepted most everywhere and more people feel comfortable when issuing me for my services through PayPal. Therefore [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has brought my business actual revenue I wouldn't have had simply for customers being at ease with PayPal.

Pros: PayPal is hands down the best provider of Point of sale services and that includes any of the free associated with using PayPal services. (Just make sure you get the business prepaid debit card)!

Cons: The fact that they have so many restrictions and safegaurds. It is a good thing to have safegaurds in place to protect not only customers and your clients, but also in orienting the laws of our land, but really PayPal? You do to much and that's got to cost you gotta money.

• Reviewed on 12/04/2020
Pay Pal for Graphic Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2020

"Pay Pal for Graphic Designer"

Comments: When we take overall this app is very useful to me.This application is one of my day to day using apapplication .I highly recommend this application to any one who looking to do a safer secure easiest money transaction.

Pros: Pay pal is very useful financial software to me.As a Graphic designer I have to work with many ccustomers through the internet .There for I need some online method to do my money transactions.Pay pal is the best and fastest easiest way to do it.An also many of my customers have been connected with pay pal and it very easy to do money transactions with them .No need to introduce a new application for them becouse this software is very fameous and they now how to work with it very well.It is very hhelpful to me because I have not to bring lot of cash with me to purchase some thing.Just only log in to my paypal application on my mobile and do the transactions.In Sri Lanka Pay Pal is the most popular transaction method when we going to buy something in Ebay. Because It very safer and secure method to do online website transactions.The Pay pal mobile application is very use full.Becouse it make my transactions very easier.And also I can lock or login to this Pay Pal mobile app through my mobile finger print reader there for I makes very easier and secure to do my transactions .I highly recommend this to every one in 20th century.

Cons: This software has some draw backs.I have some trouble with managing and conforming my credit and debit cards.And also some countries have not given access to the pay pal transactions there for when I meet a coustomers from those countries I have to find a different method to do my transactions.And also some online shopping website like Ali express do not approve the pay pal transactions. There for I need to find secure method to do my payments.My country also have some restrictions with pay pal there for some times I could not able to bring my money to my hand from the software .There for I need to find different method to bring my money to my hand.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2020
Jayson M.
exec chef
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2020

"the in and outs of paypal"

Comments: The overall money saved and speed if PayPal's services are a more then welcome addition to any buisness . With so many solutions for sending and receiving money for goods and services PayPal is an overall very cleverly designed software and would recommend it to anybody.

Pros: the ability to make customizable invoices for pretty much anything is an amazing feature. yiu are ability set payment dates and reminders for your customers, comes in handy when yiu have many streams if revenue and sources. organization us key to success. You can also accept payments
or make refunds in many different currencies and do this on your mobile,home or at the office with no process time. furthermore if you dont know they also have a money order service that allows you to send money any where in the world at very little cost. switching from the old services i was using for the restaurant to do all of this has saved $10k+ every year, cant get much better then that.

Cons: The ability to run a line if credit would be something that would improve overall value of PayPal's service. I would like to see some kind if reward system put in place for individual and buisness clients for frequent use, also the ability to use Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies would be a good addition as as the days go one more and more people use them for there everyday spending/saving and investing opportunities.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2020