15 years helping British businesses

About PlanHub

Allows contractors to post projects, send bid invites, share information with subcontractors and manage multiple team members

Learn more about PlanHub

Pros:

Cons:

Lack of response from the subcontractors. Not being able to add one more subcontractor and send to just that one.

PlanHub ratings

4.2
4.2
3.9
4.1

7.5/10

PlanHub has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars based on 249 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used PlanHub before?

Logan
Logan
Assistant Project Manager in US
Construction, 201–500 Employees

Amazing Bid Software

Comments: Our company already has a large database of subcontractors, but PlanHub has brought us even more subcontractors to ensure that we are getting as much coverage as possible. The customer support is very helpful and very quick to respond if we may ever have any questions or issues.

Pros:

You can see what subcontractors have viewed the drawings, what subcontractors have downloaded the drawings and what pages they have downloaded. PlanHub provides a platform for subcontractors to message GC's directly if they have any questions. Subcontractors can upload their bid directly to PlanHub.

Cons:

Instead of having to open up a company's profile to see their contact information, their phone number/email should be listed when sorting through what subcontractors have viewed/downloaded the plans.

Ruth
Sr. Project Coordinator in US

Bid awareness

Comments: We are able to reach so many more subcontractors that are interested and actively participating in our projects. This has improved our ability to be extremely competitive while enabling us to forge new and lasting relationships with subcontractors.

Pros:

The ease of selecting the trades and scope of work required for the project type selected. The enormous amount of subs that can be reached or that can see a posted project. The formal bid invite that is sent via Plan Hub is professional too.

Cons:

Editing a project is still somewhat frustrating and in some areas there aren't enough options to choose from. There is no place for photos in the plans area.

5 years ago

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We understand your frustration with editing projects. Currently we are developing PlanHub 2.0 which in addition to new features, it will be completely mobile responsive. The new version should be rolled out early 2020 and we are anxiously awaiting its release.

Andrea
Subcontractor Procurement Lead in US

PlahHub for General Contractors

Comments: We have used Planhub for over a year now and have found that we are reaching many subs that we may not have reached otherwise in the bidding phase of our projects. It is easy to use and doesn't take much time to build a new project.

Pros:

The GC side of this product is free. It's reach has found us many bidders that we were not previously reaching. It is easy to use when building out new projects.

Cons:

The "messaging" is difficult to use. Questions and answers do not stay together as a conversation. Also, the folders do not allow us to keep our files together in an organized way (like sub-folders). Also, subcontractors do not have access to my email address and frequently call the office to see where to send bids to. Also, it would be nice if it were possible to "copy" the trades/scopes needed from a previously built project when we have multiple projects that are basically the same but in different locations.

3 years ago

Thanks for your review, and we're glad you've found success with PlanHub. Your feedback definitely helps us improve!

Dennis
CHIEF ESTIMATOR in US

PLAN HUB GREAT FOR GENERAL CONTRACTORS AND SUBCONTRACTORS

Comments: At the start it was helpful, As I continue to use it project after project I find the same bidders now know who I am as a serious player in the construction market bid to me directly. Many times I have an empty division where no one sent in a bid and Plan Hub Magicly sends me what I need with out having to call around for it.

Pros:

Aa an estimator, Plan Hub gives me access to added subs i would normally have access to. My database of subcontractors has improved 10 fold

Cons:

I Have no negative opinion. I did a trial comparing Plan Hub And Blue Books New Service and Plan Hub Delivers 50% More responses IE: (BIDS) On Average I get 45 good qualified bids in addition to the bids I get from my database of existing subcontractors.

COURTNEY
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT in US

User Review

Comments: Overall, for the price you might as well have Planhub. It is an additional tool to use that is extremely affordable no strings attached. We are happy with our software.

Pros:

The software integrates well with how our sales and development team already function. It is similar to over lead generation and organizational tools we use so there was almost no learning curve.

Cons:

Sometimes when we click on an invitation to bid on an email it doesn't transfer us directly to the project info on planhub.com instead it will take us to our main login page and we will need to find it through there.

Jessica
Sales Manager in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Horrible company with even worse sales people

Comments: When we first started using planhub, it was a useful tool. General contractors paid to use the service to get bids from subcontractors for their projects. We subs already work for free in the hopes that the GCs we're bidding to win the job, AND that they choose us - in the world of estimating, we are at the most distinct disadvantage in the equation. Everyone knows this. Then planhub went on a rampage trying to monopolize the market, buying up competing and complementary services. Now planhub charges subs thousands of dollars to be able to download plans for the ITBs the GCs send us. So for us, planhub has become a notification system that a job is out there. It's less expensive to do a few minutes of research and reach out to the GC directly. The market is ripe for a revolution. Everywhere I go, people complain about planhub. I'm eager to see what emerges to disrupt their rent-seeking.

Pros:

There is literally nothing we like about planhub. The only thing it is good for is letting you know a job is bidding. It's like the worst and most obtrusive notification system on the planet.

Cons:

Their monopolistic rent-seeking behavior. Their exorbitant paywall. Their unethical and retaliatory sales reps (actually had one threaten me for asking her to stop calling our office multiple times a day).

Darrin
Owner in US

Information access

Comments: Very helpful when you find the job listed, that you are working on.
Sometimes, there are GC's bidding that you did not have on your list, you find them on Planhub.

Pros:

Usually list all the GC's bidding on a project, as well as the plan documents.

Cons:

You can not type in a job name and perform a search for a particular job. You have to go through the list page by page to find the job you are looking for.

5 years ago

Thanks for the great feedback and thank you for using PlanHub. The ability to search for projects by name is a little tricky if not spelled exactly as the project is posted. We deal with the same issue internally. Fortunately we are currently working on a major update which will have an improved search feature similar to how Google's search works. Even if you spell a name incorrectly it should generate close matches. The update is scheduled to be released early 2020.

James
AV Project Manager in US
Executive Office, 11–50 Employees

PlanHub Review

Comments: This is a great information source. Captures and notifies us of upcoming projects.

Pros:

Easy to use. Everything that I need to bid in one place. Solid contact information.

Cons:

Projects often come up with short lead times.

Rodrigo
Owner in Pakistan

Comments: I am happy with the service. Thank You

Pros:

Easy access to all the available projects and timely notifications for all the updates coming along.

Cons:

Nothing so far. I am happy with the product.

Mark
Mark
Inside Sales in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Results Way to slow good be better

Comments: This could be a way better site. Projects are never updated with awarded CM or GC's. And there are usually more GC's bidding but they are never put on there. You find our an award was handed out after the job has already started. It seems like they are put on the site and just forgotten about. When you ask for updates, nobody gets back to you. Very frustrating and disappointing for small to medium customers like us that could use a jump ahead of the bigger companies. May cancel my subscription.

Pros:

Projects appear quickly with good description of what is needed

Cons:

Projects are never updated in timely fashion

4 years ago

Hello Mark, thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. We'll strive to do better.

Ty
Owner in US

Bidding or not bidding

Comments: I'd like to see a change

Pros:

Possible new contractors - GC leeds to bid to

Cons:

I'm tired of getting so many email about the same projects- updates- addendums - ect.. But we as a user must reply bidding or not bidding. Toi the GC firm give us the time of day to respond back if we are the awarded contractor. If our bid is competitive to get the quote work.. Even if they don't get the bid. They could use this software to let us know. Therefore PlanHub.. Give us..the people who pay for this service, the ability to block your email listing for a GC- job types- ect . It should be our chice , not an email blast from your firm for coverage

5 years ago

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We understand completely your frustration when it comes to getting answers on your bids. We are currently developing a feedback tool to help you further track the status of your bid and prompt better responsiveness from the GCs. We have several new features coming with Planhub 2.0, including the ability to block GCs and more ways to filter out jobs by type. Planhub 2.0 is releasing early 2020.

BRITTANY
Project Coordinator in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

The Best Team that is out there.

Comments: Overall they are the absolute best. Other plans rooms didnt give me much feedback or status updates like Planhub did. The customer services is out of this world. Most of the projects we are awarded come from Gc's posting with Planhub. Connections and customers services is the best way to describe planhub.

Pros:

What I like most is they are always up to date on the projects coming through. We are notified of any status changes. If I have any questions I can email some of there reps and they reply within a couple of hours if not less. Great customer Service.

Cons:

Nothing. Everything I need is there and any suggestions I have asked for I was catered to.

Vincent
Estimator in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11–50 Employees

Great platform for bidding projects!

Comments: With this platform we can get our proposal out in a timely manner. It’s great to have a platform that has everything linked together. Easy of use just makes bidding a joy.

Pros:

I love the ease of use with this platform. It’s very self-explanatory. I get a bulk of my leads from the emails. that come out. There is nothing better than be able to use a platform and everything works. The downloads work flawlessly. All the main information for the contractors is easy to access.

Cons:

There is only one thing I don't like. It may be on the upgraded accounts. I would like to see the contractor email address above the telephone number for the contractor.

Cindy
BDM in US
Hospitality, 201–500 Employees

PlanHub Pros & Cons

Comments: We are receiving a tremendous amount of GC opportunities that we never had before.

Pros:

It allows me to receive RFPs that I would never have known about.

Cons:

I would like more sections of industry to better tailor the RFP requests to my companies needs. I receive a lot of requests that don't fit our industry.

mike
business development manager in US

Plan Hub review

Comments: I feel that plan hub is a great tool for us to use as a company and the overall usability is great.

Pros:

I like the fact that we get emails stating that a job has been added. I also feel that the ability to review all of the documents is great. It is easy to use and I am able to share the info with others on my team.

Cons:

I do not like the fact that it does not list all of the contractors that are quoting the job. We have quoted many of the projects and have only secured a couple due to the fact that we quoted it to the wrong contractor.

4 years ago

Thanks for this excellent review, Mike! We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, and we'll make sure to incorporate it into our services. Cheers!

Cathy
Marketing in US

API

Pros:

Simplicity of accessing the drawings and prints. General Contractors bidding listed with their contact information. Receive an abundance of ITBs. Establishing new contacts from the ITBs we quote.

Cons:

At times, the uploaded documents are scattered. Have to download to easily find the pages I specifically review.

5 years ago

Thanks for the feedback and thank you for using PlanHub. We understand the frustration with scattered uploaded documents. 95% of the projects posted on PlanHub are posted by the GC themselves and they are sent out exactly as they are loaded. We are currently working on PlanHub 2.0 which will have an improved file organizer that will allow GCs to better categorize their files. In addition, we will also be introducing an on screen OCR reader that will allow you to search files using specific keywords, improving your estimating process. PlanHub 2.0 is scheduled to be released by the end of 2019.

President in US
Civil Engineering, 11–50 Employees

I hate writing reviews but....

Comments: Good service and support when we had small problems setting up in the beginning.

Pros:

Ease of use. Does a good job connecting me to bids in my specific area and my specific field.

Cons:

Nothing negative to say about it. Doing exactly what we need--connecting us to a lot of relevant construction projects. Suggestion: I would like to connect to projects further upstream in the design phase (ie: owners, developers, or Architects). Secondly: It would be nice to be able to get a regional targeted mailing list.

Rhonda
Project Coordinator in US
Building Materials, 2–10 Employees

Thoughts about PlanHub

Comments: Since our subscription is relatively new, I am still learning how to use PlanHub. My demo yesterday helped, but I will need to continue learning as I go.

Pros:

The price - it was affordable. Also, since so many GC's are using PlanHub, if we wanted to access their plans, we needed to subscribe.

Cons:

Doesn't seem easy to maneuver - dependent on how the data is input into PlanHub from the General Contractors whether it makes it easy for me to get through the civils. Other plan rooms give more of a cut and paste option on some of the features, haven't found that so with PlanHub.

4 years ago

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We have a new version of PlanHub coming out in the near future that will include more features and be more user friendly. If you are interested in learning more about how to navigate PlanHub, you can find video tutorials here https://www.planhub.com/tutorials

clarissa
Project Manager in Mexico
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

Great Program

Comments: Great gateway to new clients

Pros:

Starting in the industry I was sometimes stuff in ideas how to get new clients, with plan hub it has opened up many doors for great business relationships.

Cons:

The only thing I had my doubts in where it was geared towards the product we hd the time. We've since then added more product and it has open the door for many more plans / bids for us.

2 years ago

Hi Clarissa, It's great to hear you're enjoying your PlanHub experience. However, please reach out to our support team at [email protected] if any concerns arise. Thank you for choosing PlanHub!

james
Plumbing Divison manager in US

Still learning

Comments: I am able to see all of my bids on one page.also I know when I submitted them and the date I sent them and to whom.

Pros:

The software is easy to use but still learning what it can do.

Cons:

Dont know how to use all the functions yet

4 years ago

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Chad
Managing Partner in US
Glass, Ceramics & Concrete, 2–10 Employees

Bid Organization

Comments: We are evaluating projects to bid on and then sorting them out to our estimating team.

Pros:

Easy to find projects, and quickly assess if we want to quote

Cons:

Difficult for the organization to see who is working on which bid. If there was a Bid Organization feature like Building Connected it would be more valuable resource.

4 years ago

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We have a new version of PlanHub coming out in the near future that will include more features and be more user friendly.

Estimator/Project Manager in US

Review

Comments: Less time required to seek work, it comes to you.

Pros:

Easy process, important and accurate information.

Cons:

Several invites that do not apply to us.

2 years ago

Hi Michael, It's great to hear you're enjoying your PlanHub experience and we appreciate your feedback regarding bid invitations. If there are any questions or concerns you encounter, please reach out to our support team at [email protected]. Thank you for choosing PlanHub!

Cindy
Estimating Department Mgr. in US

Easy Use

Comments: Really like using Plan Hub & all the help I get from the rep. We get several bids for our projects using Plan Hub, its been a win win for our Company. Just need to work out the areas(meaning how many miles they will travel to work on a project) covered for the sub-contractors.

Pros:

Easy to use & follow. Quick fix if any problems.

Cons:

Finding sub-contractors in the correct area.

5 years ago

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We will be launching a campaign later this year that will encourage all PlanHub users to optimize their profiles with correct coverage areas, trades and project types.

West
Preconstruction Manager in US

It works.

Comments: It helps reach smaller subcontractors that do not want to update their information on newer polished bid software. It works as a supplemental bid resource but is not capable as a primary bid software.

Pros:

The software is free and for that it has value in helping to increase bid particpation. Also alot of small subcontractors use it so it has a good outreach.

Cons:

The software does not list contact information for the subcontractors it uses. It is choppy in execution and the layout or breakout of packages for bidding is complicated and convoluted. This is a secondary software that is used in conjunction with more refined tools.

4 years ago

We always aim to deliver a great experience. We are gutted when we miss the mark! Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better.

Matthew
Operations Support in US

PlanHub as an End User

Comments: It's overall positive in that it has helped us build relationships with clients and keeps us abreast of upcoming projects, but it is rather slow to use and we often get bombarded with emails even after we have declined to bid on projects.

Pros:

The software itself is easy to navigate and to understand. It compiles a great number of opportunities into one place. It is a great way to find potential clients and get in front of them.

Cons:

The software/website itself runs slowly most of the time, especially when selecting a project or after having deleted one from the list. The Google Map feed rarely loads. It takes me more time to curate through the types of jobs that we don't do than I usually spend downloading plans. I wish there were a "ignore refit/upbuild/renovation" sort of option. I'm also not a fan of continuing to get email updates about projects after I've indicated that we will not bid them.