Filter by:

• Overall

About OnBoard

OnBoard board intelligence platform simplifies complex board processes to make board meetings more effective. Start a free trial now!

Learn more about OnBoard

Christie H.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2021

"OnBoard - A Great Product for Board Management"

Comments: I love the ease of use and structure/organization that OnBoard helps our organization obtain. It has made meeting materials and meeting structure so much easier. I love that all the features are readily available in one place. I would recommend this product to other orgs but noting that it is fairly costly for a not for profit.

Pros: As an organization we set up at least 3-4 meetings a month and it has really helped to streamline our process. Everything is now in one place. We also use the survey tool monthly and appreciate it's ease of use.

Cons: Approvals could be easier to use. I don't love that when changes are made in the back end sometimes it affects permissions that were set up long before hand. If you made an upgrade our board directors should still be able to access their usual meetings.

Alternatives Considered: Boardable

Reasons for Switching to OnBoard: Clean presentation, ease of use,

• Reviewed on 28/07/2021
Candie K.
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2021

"The Best Board Management Application for the Price"

Comments: I find the OnBoard app to be user friendly and has far more tools than our organization needs. My Board members are able to use it easily too.

Pros: The Board members of my non profit are volunteers so I do everything I can to make the best use of the time I need to take in their very busy lives but we also need to be able to share information in a secure manner. When we looked at Board management software options a few years ago OnBoard was the best bang for our non-profit buck. There were other applications that had more name recognition but we would have paid 10 times the price of OnBoard, plus OnBoard has all the tools we need for our organization.

Cons: We have been OnBoard users for a few years now and the price has definitely gone up in the past few years. In the beginning file uploads were slow and tended to be just a little bug-y, but the application had an upgrade a few months ago that fixed this problem.

Alternatives Considered: Diligent Boards and Nasdaq Boardvantage

Reasons for Switching to OnBoard: Price.

• Reviewed on 06/04/2021
Aaron B.
Aaron B.
Chief Operating Officer
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2019

"(Almost) Perfect App for Boards and Committees"

Comments: We have been able to upload all of our board and committee documentation in one place. This makes it exceptionally easy to update and share with anyone who has access. We no longer have to print out hundreds of pages for meetings or the Board Orientation Manual. Using OnBoard has allowed us to navigate through our meetings much more fluidly. The more we've used it, the easier it is to leverage.

Pros: Plenty of room for expansion should the need arise. Extremely feature-filled. Easy but secure log-on (multi-factor identification). Passageways customer satisfaction team seems responsive to our suggestions and needs and incorporates/updates with some frequency.

Cons: Not the most intuitive in the world to navigate but has improved over time. Wish the screen re-sizing options were somehow less clumsy/clunky. Printing documents or agendas still requires multiple steps.

Alternatives Considered: Boardpro and BoardEffect

Reasons for Switching to OnBoard: Filled all of our essential requirements and was preferred by our board members when we demonstrated it. Pricing was inline with our budget, although on the higher end. We appreciated having unlimited storage and the ability to add users later on.

by Passageways on 22/11/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! We will take almost perfect, so thank you. We are always trying to innovate and push things to the next level for you. Otherwise, we are glad that you are happy.

William B.
Utilities, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2020

"Flexibility of uploads"

Comments: I have been impressed with OnBoard since our executive secretary brought us the product to test. I had hoped for something that was user friendly, more flexible for the various report files we upload, and lower cost than our past product. All of these were checked off the list.

Pros: In our last board product, it was necessary to convert the files all to .pdf format prior to upload. Upon converting to OnBoard we found the ability to upload various file formats a big time saver for the team putting together all of the reports. And from my own standpoint the ability for board members to share their annotations with me prior to the board meeting is another big time saver during the meeting.

Cons: I still find there are features I didnt know existed, or I havent been using, so I dont believe I know enough about the software to say that I dislike anything. The software works well and is easy to move from one report to the other.

Alternatives Considered: BoardPaq

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard: Primarily cost, and ease of use.

Switched From: Diligent Boards

Reasons for Switching to OnBoard: Ease of file upload which led to hours a month in time savings for our cooperative.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2020
Erin L.
Sr Executive Assistant
  • Reviewed on 03/06/2020

"An easy-to-use resource for users and admins"

Comments: Overall, my experience with OnBoard has been very positive. The word easy covers all the bases. Easy to set up. Easy to administrate. Easy to use. It doesn't get better than that in my opinion. I need something that doesn't require a lot of time and effort. I have a full schedule and OnBoard saves me time.

Pros: OnBoard is extremely user friendly for both me as the administrator and my volunteers. I was able to jump right in to create our Board portal with little guidance or training. I love that I can create a relevant homepage for our directors with no clutter. Housing documents is simple and neat and easy to navigate.

Cons: The only downside to the software is that the privilege to download documents has to be given and it's a one or none deal. Being able to allow our volunteers to download some documents such as travel forms and expense reports, but not confidential policies or reports, would be a dream. It would really cut down on the number of emails to and from people.

Lori D.
Corporate Secretary
Utilities, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2021

"OnBoard Software"

Comments: We have enjoyed a very positive experience with Onboard. You are assigned a customer support manager that reaches out to you and listens to any suggestions that you would like to see. Many times these will be reflected in future upgrades. The Board is happy with the software, it is user friendly, displays well on computer, tablet, or phone. As an admin I am happy with the support whenever it is needed.

Pros: The software is very user friendly. Those with all levels of technical abilities are comfortable using the product. When bringing on new Board Members the training time is very minimal as the software is pretty self explanatory. I can be used on multiple devices - phone, tablet or computer and keeps the same look through all devices. In addition to the ease of use, it is very easy to access reports from past meetings.

Cons: I can honestly say that I am satisfied. In the beginning there were a few little things like the display of meetings, but this has been fixed in a past upgrade.

• Reviewed on 20/04/2021
Nandy N.
Administrative Assistant
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2021

"Onboard Makes Life Easy"

Comments: I love Onboard, I am an administrator of the product for my company and I use it daily to upload policies and procedures so that our BOD can review and give their input instead of calling meetings for that. It makes life so easy especially in this environment.

Pros: Ease of use
Ability to schedule a meeting and create a book within the agenda with all necessary documents instead of emailing multiple documents.
The ability to vote on on different documents and place signatures. Makes like easier.
Can take minutes as meetings are ongoing.
Customer service is top notch, they are always reaching out to ensure we are satisfied with the product.
We use it to approve loans and do surveys.
The ability to prevent downloading of sensitive documents, they are secure.

Cons: I would like them to incorporate MS Teams so that I can do everything via the software. I know they have zoom but MS Teams would be nice.

• Reviewed on 30/04/2021
Andy G.
Executive Assistant to the President & Secretary to the Board of Directors
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees

"Great product"

Comments: Very positive experience. It has streamlined our board and committee preparation considerably.

Pros: Does everything I need it to; integration with Zoom; unlimited storage; ease of providing documents to board members and all committees; good looking/ease of use; responsive staff at OnBoard;

Cons: An initial learning curve for users, especially older ones; some work to do integrating storage in OnBoard with our existing document storage procedures

Alternatives Considered: Diligent Boards, BoardPaq, Boardable, BoardBook, BoardEffect and Nasdaq Boardvantage

Reasons for Switching to OnBoard: Combination of price, ease of use, features (not too many, not too few), sales rep

Tracy G.
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees

"Great Board Portal"

Comments: My overall experience has been very favorable.

Pros: Easy to use both from an administrator standpoint and user. Great customer service.

Cons: Some changes in the recent upgrade have made me unhappy. The teams' responsiveness to my concerns has been quick and genuine.

Alternatives Considered: Diligent Boards and Directorpoint

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard: CUboardroom did not support MFA.

Reasons for Switching to OnBoard: Security features Ease of use

Danielle D.
Director of Academic Affairs
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/06/2020

"OnBoard supports Shared Governance"

Comments: We have appreciate the support and ease of use. Since our move to working remotely our users have more readily appreciated OnBoard and how it keeps us organized. In higher education, our committees are the way we have shared governance with our faculty and stakeholders, so making those committees function efficiently is essential. OnBoard has helped us do that. We appreciate OnBoard's staff for the support and willingness to add features as needed.

Pros: OnBoard allows us to keep our many committees organized. Our organization can see who serves on each committee and members can access materials quickly. Our agendas are often very large with lots of attachments. OnBoard keeps us organized and on the same page with members being able to navigate through the large agenda and make notes. We can keep track our our action items by voting online and seeing how we are moving our organization forward.

Cons: Would love to have a way for limited proxy voting where a selected Admin could vote for a member who joins by phone and may not have easy access to vote. It might be nice to have subgroups within a committee, but the logistics of this would take some work to build.

Tim L.
Director of IT
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2021

"Product just works as expected"

Comments: It has been very easy to use and we have had very few times that we had need of support.

Pros: We liked that it was device agnostic. Some on our board were having difficulty reading documents on the iPad and are able to use their laptops now.

Cons: While the granular permissions are great, they are also the most frequent problem that we have. When a meeting/resource is created, the creator is the only admin unless they specifically give others admin rights. When we get support requests, the cause is typically because permissions on the meeting/resource weren't setup right and our other admins can't see the details to explain to the creator what is wrong. All we can do is say, "It's something in the permissions".

• Reviewed on 02/08/2021
Pearl R.
Executive Assistant to CEO
  • Reviewed on 17/03/2020

"ALL 5 Stars"

Comments: My overall experience was and still IS amazing! The team is so responsive, my sales rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing as well. He is not the guy that makes the sale and ignores you. He has kept in touch with me throughout the transition and is always responsive when I need him, if ever.

Pros: I love that the software is super user friendly. We used a different portal previous to this one and even my board had no trouble transitioning.

Cons: The only thing I would say is a little annoying is the wait for the book to be built. Once you have all the docs in the binder it has to build the book, which is understandable but I wish it was just a half a minute faster.

• Reviewed on 17/03/2020
Alexa D.
Business Analyst
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2021

"OnBoard is the Backbone of Our Board & Committee Meeting Materials"

Comments: A few small downs, but overall the team has proven ready and willing to help address concerns and challenges. The platform allows our entire organization to maintain a large number of organized meeting materials, and consistently enables creative solutions to fit our needs.

Pros: Ease of use. The platform is intuitive, easy to get accustomed to, and and functionality is logical.

Cons: The directory and groups. With over 500 users, it can be a bit cumbersome to manage all of our groups with the current functionality.

• Reviewed on 16/04/2021
Mandy C.
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2019

"Great product if you take advantage of it"

Comments: It's been a great experience overall. I am steadily trying to encourage the use of the this platform with the associates because there are so many options that we are not utilizing (i.e. approvals, surveys, etc.)

Pros: Having everything in one place, available to whomever you need. It's easily accessible and has just enough security parameters. I love the 'download book' feature, as a lot of the time, I keep the books for my own records and to distribute via email, if needed.

Cons: A pain point of mine, which may just be my internet connection, is that sometimes when I load a document in, it'll say 'file upload complete' but then when I open the heading, it's not there. I have to log out/back in in order for me to see if come up. Also, I've already submitted this to your team, but I would like to ability to select multiple attachments to be able to move them under a different section.

by Passageways on 22/11/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad it's been a real time-saver for you and that you are finding it easy to use. Otherwise, that may be a bug on our end, but I will check with Product. If you run into it again, please let your Customer Success Manager know.

Eva P.
Admin Assist
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2020

"OnBoard, a great Board tool"

Comments: Our experience has been very good and our Board has been very pleased with how easily they can access OnBoard and view their monthly Board packets both at home and during the Board meetings.

Pros: ease with which the Board can view and make notations on their monthly Board packet.

Cons: There are some compatibility issues with older versions of documents we place on the site and occasionally our users have issues viewing documents placed in the Resources folder.

Kim C.
Vibe Enthusiast
  • Reviewed on 23/08/2018

"Super excited about OnBoard!"

Comments: Our overall experience has been fantastic! We are fortunate to have their executive on our side; they are wonderful at explaining our options and finding solutions to our specific needs. I personally create the Board packets, and my time has freed up significantly with OnBoard. It's just so easy to use! I'm very excited to see how our OnBoard platform evolves and makes our lives even more efficient than it already has.

Pros: This software allows us to provide a much needed one-stop-shop for our Board and Supervisory Committee members. Since OnBoard can be put on any device, our Board is able to securely review the packets well in advance of the meeting, which has really shortened our meetings and eliminated printing large packets. We also love that the Board has all of the resources they need in one location and that they can even sign the minutes and other documents right within OnBoard. More to come!

Cons: What I like least about the program is that we have not fully utilized the features yet... but that's on us! Looking forward to the day when our OnBoard is being fully utilized (although Passageways is constantly coming up with new solutions, so this day may never come - absolutely not a complaint).

by Passageways on 29/08/2019

Thank you so much for your review! I'm glad to hear that the "any device, anytime" features are helpful to your credit union and that we can be your one-stop-shop. If you need anything or additional training for your team, let us know.

• Reviewed on 23/08/2018
Alison E.
VP Finance
  • Reviewed on 03/03/2020

"OnBoard Board Portal"

Comments: Our overall experience has been great. The team is always quick to respond with questions and help us with tips and tricks to most efficiently and effectively use the product. The meetings are easy to build and edit and secure. Exactly what we were looking for!

Pros: I love that you can drag files from your computer right into the board report. I also really liked that you can upload many different kinds of files. Other programs had to be PDF's, creating the need to print every file to a PDF and duplicating much of the work.

Cons: After a recent update the agenda composition isn't as easy as it used to be. You used to be able to delete rows right within each row. Now you have to select the row and click the delete button up top. We have also ran into some loading issues when our board packets get too big. We have been able to break up the packets into different meetings but it would be nice if we could have each packet in one meeting.

• Reviewed on 03/03/2020
Elizabeth G.
Administrative Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2020

"Features are limited, but overall good product"

Pros: Everything is centralized in one place - calendar, announcements, board materials, etc.

Cons: I don't like that members cannot be invited to meetings through the software. For example, if I post a committee meeting and add the members that need to attend, OnBoard sends out a notification via email to the members that the meeting has been updated. This creates confusion because the members don't receive an invitation - just a notification that a meeting that may or not know about has been changed. I wish there was an option to invite members that would allow them to RSVP and add it to their calendars. When I called customer support, they told me that OnBoard is not set up to send invites and that I should use Outlook calendar. If OnBoard is to be our one-stop shop for all things board related, I should be able to do everything from it. The only way, currently, that members know about meetings is if they log on to OnBoard and look for themselves. Because of this, we are still having to invite them through Outlook and OnBoard is becoming an extra step for them to take to RSVP - they are busy people and don't see the purpose. It's essentially becoming obselete and not what we hoped it would be for us.

Felix L.
General Counsel
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2019

"OnBoard is a great board meeting sofware, easy to implement and use"

Comments: great experience

Pros: 1. We use the tab "Actions" for approval of time-sensitive items in between Board meetings.
2. we use the tab "Resources" as a library to retain all important documents we want the Board to access easily at their convenience.
3. The convenience of uploading board meeting packages with easy access for directors at any time from anywhere (phone, tablets, laptops, etc...)
4. use of annotations features on documents.

Cons: No meaningful things i don't like. Maybe the user interface on the homepage can be more attractive.

by Passageways on 29/08/2019

Thank so much for taking the time to review OnBoard! It's always great to hear about customers making such great use of the Resources section and how easy it is to use. If you have any questions, please let us know.

• Reviewed on 25/03/2019
Kathryn E.
Kathryn E.
Chief of Staff
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2019

"Excellent value"

Comments: The tool has greatly streamlined our board meeting preparation. We use AGB OnBoard as a meeting tool, a materials repository, an orientation resource, a communication tool, and as an organizational hub.

Pros: AGB OnBoard is a functional tool that is priced right. The customer service and responsiveness is top-notch and the integration of AGB's resources add tremendous value for our board of trustees.

Cons: We wish we could edit materials right in the platform. The need to download and upload each time is cumbersome. We also wish that there were static links to posted resources.

by Passageways on 29/08/2019

Thank so much for taking the time to review OnBoard! We are so glad that the partnership with AGB is helping your institution. For the additional suggestions, please be sure to submit those to your Customer Success Manager.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2019
Christy D.
Executive Office Manager
Banking, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2020

"Such a Time-Saver!"

Comments: It is a HUGE time-saver!!! That is definitely the best thing about it for me. When all you need to do is copy and then drag and drop files, it goes so fast. I would not want to do my job without OnBoard!

Pros: OnBoard has been so easy to navigate and learn how to use. We have the same meetings each month and I especially love that I can just copy a previous meeting and it will automatically have all of the attendees' roles assigned and all of the same sections bulleted out. It saves me a lot of time putting material together. When I have to make last minute changes, all I have to do is drag and drop the material in and it shows up right away for everyone. I also love the Resources tab. Now I have a place to put documents that aren't necessarily for a particular meeting, but that people may need to refer to at different times and they know right where to find them.

Cons: I honestly don't have anything that I don't like. The video tutorials are so helpful. If there is a feature I haven't used yet, I go there first and feel comfortable using it right away. I have not needed to reach out to any other support because the videos are so thorough.

• Reviewed on 25/06/2020
Catherine P.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/08/2020

"OnBoard Review"

Comments: My experience over the past year has been great. My OnBoard representative responds quickly to questions, the help desk responds quickly if there is an IT issue, and the program itself has everything I need to create successful meetings.

Pros: OnBoard has many functions and tools that are useful and time efficient when creating meetings, creating board materials within the meetings, and so easy for the end user to navigate and use. I especially love that OnBoard partnered with Zoom so I can create virtual meetings that allows everyone to participate either by phone, virtual zoom and combo of the two.

Cons: I wish a calendar hold option would automatically pop in/populate for my board members instead of them having to rsvp first to autogenerate a calendar hold. The current way isn't bad, but not easily found/figured out either. I spend too much time explaining to members how to get a calendar hold for their meetings.

• Reviewed on 25/08/2020
Ada P.
Secretary of the University
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Try OnBoard"

Comments: Excellent. Their customer service is about the best I've seen, and they are continually making improvements to the platform.

Pros: Updating meeting schedules, content and board books has become so much easier. It also centralizes announcements, allows board members to vote between meetings on consent agendas, resolutions, other action items, and take surveys.

Cons: The survey feature does not allow for as much customization as other tools (can't we integrate a calendar feature or customize drop down menus, please?) We also had trouble uploading our data because of a large international contingency, but OnBoard customer service is excellent.

• Reviewed on 24/06/2020
Trisha S.
Compliance Officer/Internal Auditor
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2020

"OnBoard is the answer to efficiency"

Comments: I think OnBoard is great. It has helped me to be more efficient when it comes to getting our meeting packet to our board members each month. I can assign other individuals in the bank to upload their documents into the book, I don't have to upload everything. I can notify everyone with one click that the agenda/book is available for review. All the board members have one secure location to access the board packet; rather than sifting through tons of emails to find the one I sent to them.

Pros: The ease of use. I love that I can just drag and drop my documents into OnBoard. I don't have to browse for them. I love that I can keep adding documents to the book right up until the start of the meeting. It is very easy for my non-technical staff to use. The support staff at OnBoard is excellent. Everyone has been very helpful and very timely. Every time I've had a question, I had the answer easily within 30 min of emailing them.

Cons: The voting is a very nice feature. It is just a little cumbersome for my board to use. It takes them to a different screen to vote, then they have difficulty getting back to the book. When we have multiple agenda items to vote on, they also get a little confused as to which view approval to click. If that could be reworded to say vote for approval of "name of approval item". We usually have about 10 different items to vote on during each board meeting. Another feature I would like to see is maybe an option to have minutes created after the meeting with who approved, denied or abstained from the voting in each item.

• Reviewed on 02/10/2020
Julia S.
Governance Officer
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2019

"OnBoard by Passageways"

Pros: - It's very intuitive for both users and administrators
- Everything is automatically saved
- Being able to notify users when a package is posted
- Using the online voting tool between meetings
- Great customer support!

Cons: - high frequency of emails when documents are posted to the resource library
- inability of one of our board members to access OnBoard using his screen reader (we're working on it though!)
- would like to be able to set up virtual meetings

by Passageways on 29/08/2019

Thank you so much for the review! We are thrilled to hear that those features are so helpful. Your Customer Success Manager should be able to help with the challenges you are having.

• Reviewed on 17/04/2019