• Overall
    4.6/5
    4.6/5
    4.4/5

About Google Slides

Cloud-based office suite by Google that helps create, edit, and collaborate presentations sorted by date and are saved automatically.

Learn more about Google Slides

Showing 4,847 reviews

Dave W.
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2019

"Free, Easy & Powerful Presentation Software"

Comments: I love having my slides in the cloud so I can access them from anywhere, including on the app on my phone. And the collaboration is nice because I can share a presentation with a group after I've given it, and just give them the link to the entire thing.

Pros: I've given several presentations at local Meetups, as well as a bigger WordPress conference, and the people want SLIDES! Honestly, it's not my favorite way to give a presentation, but Google Slides makes it pretty easy for me to create something for them. It continues to get more and more powerful over the years, adding new features & abilities. There are quite a few nice templates to help you get started, with at least 10 different slide-types for different information. You can add text in a ton of different colors & fonts, insert images, embed YouTube videos, control if and when things play, add animations from slide-to-slide, as well as individual elements on each slide. And when you're finished, you can export them in a number of different ways. There's a "Notes" area that you can turn on or off, to help with speaker notes. It's printable, to help you practice the presentation. And actually presenting is quite a sinch, with easy navigation to move from slide to slide. And you obviously get the same sharing & collaboration features you get with all products in G Suite ­čÖî.

Cons: I found it a bit laborious when adding many animations. Perhaps I'm missing a way to change my default animation, but animating many elements could be made a little less time consuming. And I needed to download an extra app to use my phone as a remote control for my slides. It'd be really nice is this was included by Google.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2019
Caroline C.
Classroom Teacher
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/07/2020

"Great for teachers/schools"

Comments: I use Google Slides often for small group projects and used it every week during online distance learning. Students were able to work on projects together even though they were at home. I was able to work with the students at the same time that they were online so that I could give constant feedback.

Pros: I love that this product is online and that it can be used by several people at the same time. If you are doing a project and your team members are in other places, it is easy to work online with each other. You can comment, make changes and work as though you are side by side. You can use Google Slides wherever you are - no problem if you forgot to email to it yourself; you don't have to. Wherever you login to your Gmail, you will have access to this product.

Cons: I would love if there were more themes uploaded with the program. However, you are able to go to several different websites and upload a theme that suits you. It's just not as convenient.

• Reviewed on 08/07/2020
Randy N.
DevOps Engineer
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2020

"The underdog that should be on the top!"

Comments: Google sheets at octane is used for real time collaberation day to day. Google sheets makees life beautiful and easier especially during these work from home days. It is an IT admins dream that this software from Google can bring togethr so many teams with the last amount of IT intevention.

Pros: Google Sheets is so much easier to use and less cluttered than its highest competitors. Google Sheets allows the employees to arenot so computer savvy employees to create company facing presentations with ease. This software is changing the game with its live-action collaboration.

Cons: The sad part about sheets is that financial departments wont migrate and adapt sheets because it lacks the ease of macros which is a core feature in its competitors. Trust me if I as an IT admin could convince our finance department to make 100% migration to G suite I would.

• Reviewed on 08/09/2020
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2020

"Weirdly enough, Google Slides is better than Google Docs"

Comments: Good enough to replace PowerPoint for almost any slide show we do, with the exception that to this day, working on PowerPoint native is faster when just mocking something up.

Pros: Cloud based is of course helpful, and the feature set is roughly comparable to Microsoft PowerPoint and in some ways better executed -- the auto-snaps of alignment being an example, along with consistency across browsers.

Cons: * The inability to copy material between browsers
* The inability to choose a color in an image as the transparent color
* The inability to set image compression level or resolution in the app
* add pexels & unsplash integrations
* better multi-select object capabilities
* better master template support

• Reviewed on 28/06/2020
Deynisha P.
Student
  • Reviewed on 20/06/2020

"Amazing FREE app for presentations"

Comments: I have been using this software for years now, ever since we couldn't afford to pay monthly/yearly to have a similar software called Powerpoint, this app has helped me execute all my school presentations with ease, I am truly great full for this software, because without it, I seriously don't know how I would have been able to make my school presentations!

Pros: The number ONE favorite thing that I like about this software is that it is totally FREE!
This software is so similar to another software named Microsoft Powerpoint (not free) that it made me switch from using Powerpoint to simply using this App!
This software allows you to create school o business presentations, it has so many features to decorate your design, it even has lots of wonderful templates to choose from.
You can add animations to you images or texts, and you can also add transitions to your slides.
Another thing that I absolutely love, is the option to create your presentation along with your peer! At the same time! You would be able to see any modification that your partner has made to the design and so can your peer! This feature has made executing group projects an easier task. Finally, another feature worth mentioning, is that fact that you can sync Google Slides with your google account, meaning that ALL of your presentations WILL be saved on your google drive! So that you would never have to worry about loosing your project!

Cons: I love this app, however I do feel like it is missing lots of features to further personalize your presentation, like having a timer to switch between slides, being able to get rid of an images background or even add sounds on the mobile app ect.

• Reviewed on 20/06/2020
Consultant
  • Reviewed on 30/06/2020

"Presentations You Can Easily Share"

Comments: It has been a great experience. I love how everything automatically saves. This is an extremely important feature, especially for those that put a lot of work into a project just to have something go wrong where they have to start from the beginning and lost all of their work. Google Slides does away with that.

Pros: I love the ability to share presentations or to link them to others. This is great for those working in a team.

Cons: More fonts and themes can be uploaded into the program so that it has the same number as Powerpoint.

• Reviewed on 30/06/2020
Operations Manager
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2020

"Slides done easy and right"

Comments: I have saved a lot of time working on presentations with other coworkers remotely. I love how integrated is in Google's platform and I have been doing all my presentations on this platform. Using comments, sharing with other piers. downloading and presenting in other softwares like is the same thing is just great.

Pros: Slick design on features like graphs and templates. Love how its webbased, I have no longer needed an application, is just a tab in my chrome. Works great, professional. Love the typography available. My presentations have been great ever since

Cons: I know there are some tools unavailable that may be available in keynote or ppt but I couldn't find one. I used the three tools and I can only say Slides is the one and only.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2020
Hope V.
Curator of Education
Museums & Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2020

"Google Slides Review"

Comments: I use Google Slides for doing PowerPoint presentations at work for personal and in-office use and for training materials. I have really no issues with it. It has the same features as Microsoft powerPoint, which is really good, except they are both missing features I think would be beneficial (like photo editing in the app). Regardless, people always have nice things to say about the presentations and I plan on continuing to use it.

Pros: Things I like:
- easy to use
- looks professional
- access anywhere
- same features as paid programs
- easy to share

Cons: Things I dislike:
- If you have to change this to PowerPoint, the formatting is off
- while comparable to things like PowerPoint, they are both missing some features like photo options

• Reviewed on 09/07/2020
Medical Student
Medical Practice, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2020

"Great Microsoft Powerpoint Replacement"

Comments: Great experience. No complaints with respect to this app. There are even backups of recent changes made by different users so that's another plus.

Pros: Ease of use, the functions are the same as Microsoft powerpoint so they are familiar. Everything is immediately backed up so there is no worry about losing data. Easy integration with other users as links that allow for editing or just viewing of the document can be shared.

Cons: Needs more slide designs and aesthetics. A local app may be beneficial

• Reviewed on 31/08/2020
Teresa F.
Service Designer
  • Reviewed on 15/07/2020

"Simple, free PowerPoint alternative"

Comments: I use Google Slides when I want to create a presentation that has to be easily shared and when I want to allow others to make changes/ co-create. It can be harder to use and not have as many features when compared to PowerPoint, but it is enough for most basic presentations.

Pros: It is simple to start using. Connects very well to Google products, like Drive and Gmail. Great for cooperative work, real-time updates and sharing. Great for sharing presentations with people who don't have access to PowerPoint. Exports to/ Imports from PowerPoint relatively well.

Cons: Not as many design features as PowerPoint. Exporting to/ Importing from PowerPoint can create some formatting issues.

• Reviewed on 15/07/2020
SDR
E-Learning, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2020

"Make Meeting more productive"

Comments: Its great, the best part is that I can not only make changes on any device, but everything is synced up on the cloud. I can access my files anywhere by logging into my Google account from any device.

Pros: Whenever you are speaking with someone externally (like a potential client), it becomes very important for you to put your best foot forward. Google slides lets me create presentations and share it with my team, get instant feedback (or I could also collaborate with multiple colleagues to design the perfect design/messaging). The ability to use your mobile phone as a clicker is also quite helpful if you end up being in a large board room and someone just worry who will change the slide on queue. The speaker mode also allows you to view your notes (much more easier if you have two screens) simultaneously which makes it so much easier for me to make sure I haven't missed anything or if I just want to remind myself to ask a question or take a pause so that I don't get lost in the flow. I also like the feature when you copy a particular presentation it asks you if you want the speaker notes copied (incase you have confidential information in your version but want to share a different file with an external person)

Cons: On a single screen the speaker notes, especially if you are using a video conference tool the window just not go into full present mode, you can see the URL there so its not a fully immersive experience. (doesn't happen on 2 screens)

• Reviewed on 26/07/2020
Parker B.
Director of Internet Services
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/05/2020

"Google Slides: Quick and Easy Meeting Solutions"

Comments: Overall, our business has had a positive experience with Google Slides. We have been able to effectively use it to create, send, and edit presentations for our business meetings. This has also saved plenty of time by negating the necessity to meet in person or over a conference call to discuss the presentation itself. I see no harm in using this as a primary presentation option moving forward as it has become very mainstream and used by many. With as user-friendly as it is, I see no other direction than up for this product.

Pros: We value portability and collaboration in the software that we choose for our business and Google Slides is the epitome of these things. In using this product, we are able to have all of our team members review and edit presentations which makes presentations easier to prepare. Especially because we all are often unable to coordinate our schedules to be together at the same time, we find specific value in these features. Additionally, the features that Google Slides offers allow for a wide variety of presentation styles and effects. There is very little that you cannot do with your presentation using this software which contributes to the very few weak points that this program has. Additionally, because multiple people may be working together on a project, you are able to easily track edits and their editors in the case that an edit needs to be revised.

Cons: Quite honestly, there are very few weak points about this software. However, integrating PowerPoint presentations that are saved as a .ppt file on a computer may have different formatting and may not transfer easily into the Google Slides format. This lack of interoperability is one of a small few weak areas in the software. For example, if you are choosing to edit an old presentation or perhaps one sent from someone who saved it as a .ppt, you might have difficulty or limitations when it comes to importing this to Google Drive.

• Reviewed on 31/05/2020
Performance Improvement Intern
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/05/2020

"A Fantastic Platform for Team and Work-From-Home Oriented Organization"

Comments: Overall, my experience using Google Slides has been incredible. This is a software that is used daily throughout my team, and the fact that it is offered for free makes the platform so much more valuable. Google Slides allows teams to optimize productivity and efficiency while working on presentations, which yields strong dividends in terms of saving time. This allows teams to focus on what really matters, and it gives them the opportunity to make quick, real-time changes in a collaborative fashion, thus cutting out the unnecessary time that it would take to send updated versions of the presentation back and forth within the team. This software can provide tangible and measurable value to any team or individual.

Pros: The most unique and valuable feature offered by Google Slides is its collaborative nature. By default, this free software can be used by an individual or a whole team, further promoting remote work and connecting teams across geographical barriers. As remote works continues to be a preferred method of collaboration across our office and many companies around the world, it is crucial to have a software like Slides that allows you to make changes without being in the same room as someone else. In addition, Slides stands out due to its convenience. As the software saves everything via cloud storage, the user is not responsible for remembering to save any progressÔÇöthe software saves every single edit, allowing the user to focus on what really matters. Lastly, the integration of Slides with other Google programs is highly valuable, as it allows users to save the work on a collaborative space like a Drive, where anyone else with internet connectivity can begin to access it and make edits, without the need to use a third party service to transfer the presentation.

Cons: Overall, the platform has provided our team with almost every necessary feature imaginable, and more. However, there are small details that sometimes cause us to have to utilize a different software when creating a presentation. For instance, for more advanced users who may want to embed a video that is not available on Youtube, Google Slides does not offer many solutions. The only option is is to embed a Youtube video via a link. Additionally, audio clips, music, and other audio files that one may want to integrate into a presentation, are not supported by Google Slides. Therefore, for more advanced users, it might be difficult to find solutions to these needed features. while using Google Slides. Lastly, integrating features such as specific colors, fonts, or transitions from third party websites is not a possibility while using Slides. Therefore, there is certainly area for improvement when it comes to catering to the more advanced users.

• Reviewed on 25/05/2020
Angel Z.
Math Tutor
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2020

"Efficient and Easy to Use"

Comments: I really enjoy using Google slides every time I have to make a presentation because of how simple and easy the process is. Although I did take note of somethings that could be improved, I think that those things will not be an impediment to my using of Google Slides. I can see very evidently the benefits of Google Slides on my academic life as my teachers are always commenting on how well organized my presentation. But this is all thanks to Google Slides for offering their services for free!

Pros: I have always used Google Slides every since I was required to make a presentation. I absolutely love using google slides for school presentations and other informal and formal features because it is so simple and so easy to use. Whether you are a beginner in making presentations or an expert at doing this, there will always be something for everyone. Beginners have access to basic templates that cover a wide range of topics like lesson plans, book reports, field trips, science projects, and promotions, etc. My favorite feature is being able to edit at the same time as other people especially when I have online school and we get assigned projects, it is challenging for everyone to be on the same page and to work together because we have to stay home. Google slides, however, allowing multiple users to work on the same slide allowed for better communication and understanding of what the group wanted to do. Another feature that I find really useful is being able to make a custom background. Sometimes the templates don't fit my topic so I start with a blank template and I choose a gradient or a light-colored background that fits well.

Cons: There two things that I think could be improved but neither of these things will prevent me from using Google Slides extensively in the future. The first is that I wish there could more PowerPoint templates available either formal or informal. I like the current templates as they are very useful, but it would be nice to see something different, like backgrounds that connect with children so perhaps like an animal template.
The second thing is that I wish there are more transitions but this doesn't really impact me that much.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2020
Pete G.
Technical Analyst
Investment Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2020

"Google slides vs. Powerpoint-- a professional perspective"

Comments: It gets the job done, and is free. Great product and overall experience. Very user friendly, and still powerful from beginners to experts in many fields and industries.

Pros: The primary driving force for out team to use this software was the fact that it was free.
Although we could afford PowerPoint (we used it in the past), we realized PowerPoint was an unnecessary expense as Google already offers all the tools we need for success.
With this software, we are able to bounce ideas off in our weekly meetings easily due to the easy to use nature of the software. Would recommend for teams with no budget.

Cons: PowerPoint is much more powerful than this product in my professional opinion. However, due to how intimate our team setting is, formalities and the extra star power of PowerPoint are unnecessary for us to accomplish are tasks. The only thing we really dislike is that it cannot seamlessly transfer power point files with slides (some team members still prefer power point)

• Reviewed on 05/05/2020
Alejandro D.
Reporting Manager
Apparel & Fashion, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2020

"It is a presentation device that can be stored in its own cloud"

Comments: It has been a pleasure to work with Google Slides. This is probably the classic tool to create presentations (slides), but with the ease to share the content with people all over the world. Anybody can alter the content anywhere and at any time. Really love this tool.

Pros: The best feature is that it is part of the Google suite. This means that it is compatible with the rest of the software from Google, and most importantly, it is always saved in the Google Cloud. This means that any person in the team can access the presentations and make changes at any time, they just have to open the file in the cloud and it will be automatically saved.

Cons: Sometimes it is difficult to export and change the size of the file and minor issues like that. Some of the users that I work with find it a little bit annoying that the main user has to grant access to each member of the team.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2020
Lisa N.
Director of Educational Technology
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2020

"The most intuitive presentation service out there!"

Comments: It is a game changer in the education industry. The process to create, collaborate, edit and share is so intuitive it makes group work and project management a breeze.

Pros: I work in education administration so google slides is a constant go to for my teachers. I was compelled to write this review because it is even more useful as we move to virtual learning. There are lots of extensions and add on features that are free to use with google slides that make it more interactive and easier to check for the audiences understanding throughout your presentation. For example, pear deck is a free extension that allows you to ask the audience questions and see their responses once you have shared the slide show with them. I also love how user friendly the whole design panel is.

Cons: Our technology teacher is able to teach this software to 5th graders and they make high quality multimedia presentations. It's that user friendly! No complaints here!

Olivia L.
Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2020

"Google Slides for Education"

Comments: Google slides, overall, is an excellent tool for distance and digital learning. When used in the classroom setting students are able to collaborate in real time next to each other in at home students are able to collaborate in real time weÔÇÖre not next to each other. It is the best of both worlds. I am also able to share our information easily with my students. Google slides, overall, is an excellent tool for distance and digital learning. When using the classroom setting students are able to collaborate in real time next to each other in at home tunes are able to collaborate in real time weÔÇÖre not next to each other. It is the best of both worlds. I am also able to share out information easily with my students.

Pros: Google Slides for educating students allows me to display information in a sequential matter. This helps students stay focused and organized. I can create custom lessons in slides for their distance learning success. Students can also create projects in slides and practice numerous skills needed as 9-10 year olds.

Cons: There are some features that are missing like the ability to use custom fonts from the internet. I miss not being able to use them. I also donÔÇÖt like the adding an image feature. ItÔÇÖs easier in Microsoft Power Point.

Jason B.
Primary/Secondary Education, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2020

"A free alternative to PowerPoint"

Comments: In short, each program is just as powerful as the other, but Slides is easier to share and work collaboratively.

Pros: If you can use PowerPoint, you can use Google Slides more easily. The idea behind all of the tools are the same and function in much the same way, plus you can usually convert slideshows from PowerPoint to Slides and back with minimal formatting issues. I am a teacher, and every class I present information from at least one Google Slideshow. I find it more user-friendly than PowerPoint for sure, plus it is easier to send to other people and have multiple people editing the same slideshow at the same time on different computers; once a year I have students on one side of the country collaborate with students on the other side of the country to design a product. They have to make a slideshow documenting the process, and Google Slides makes this remarkably simple.

Cons: A small con is that it can be more difficult to insert GIFs into a slideshow than it needs to be. Sometimes I can just copy and paste them like putting in an image. Other times I need to insert the file I saved to my computer like inserting a video. This has improved recently, though. I also play Jeopardy with my students using PowerPoint because Google slides struggles with how I have the PowerPoint "un-highlight" the questions students already answered, but that is a rare tool. When converting a PowerPoint to a Google slideshow, some animations and embedded noises don't convert well, either. If you stick with one format, this isn't a problem.

• Reviewed on 05/03/2020
Daniel F.
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2020

"You're Cloud Based Presentation Tool"

Comments: I use Google Slides consistently to present information to my students, other teachers, and to collaborate with others. Beyond the more obvious presentation abilities, it's extremely versatile and integrates with many other Google tools, which help me use it daily. For example, my school has a Google Form that we fill out at the end of the day, and it automatically populates Google Slides for our afternoon announcements that get sent out to the staff. This is easy to suggest even with its lack of a few features.

Pros: Google Slides is almost everything you could want from PowerPoint, and more. With the same tools you would expect from PowerPoint, you can quickly make presentations and access them everywhere you have internet! If you are familiar with Google tools, the interface is easy to adapt to, and if you are looking for more features, you can download more Add-Ons to improve the performance! Not to mention that you can easily collaborate with others at the same time, this tool makes team presentations much easier.

Cons: There are a few features that are missing from Google Slides. Some of the customization options in PowerPoint aren't present here, and it's hard to see why they aren't. For example, if you are looking to have your slides advance on a timer, you can only set one overall time for every slide in the presentation, or you have to go through each slide and record how long you want them to stay. It would be much easier for you to be able to just type out how long you want each slide to last, or how much time in between transitions/animations, but again, the remaining features make these easy to overlook.

• Reviewed on 22/02/2020
Jim P.
Technology Teacher
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2020

"Google Slides... It Can Do THAT?!?"

Comments: I use Google Slides many times throughout the day and find it a comfortable, affordable alternative to PPT and other similar products.

Pros: Google Slides, at its core, is a presentation software that is part of the Google Suite of Apps. It is comparable in many features and functions to Microsoft PowerPoint. What I love about Google Slides, though, is that it can be used for much more than making, yet another, slide presentation. In my classes (K-6), we learn how Google Slides is great for many non-slide presentation work, including stop motion animation, flyers (from 1-page up to door-sized posters), flash cards, drawing (in many ways able to replace Google Drawings), e-storytelling, and much more.

Cons: In comparison to MS PPT, I would like to see more graphic editing capabilities. In PPT, for example, you can remove the background from a photo... not yet doable within Google Slides.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2020
Bernadine W.
Author
Food & Beverages, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2019

"Best way to create presentations"

Comments: I use it to create images, slides and presentations for my teacher training class. And I never lose my effort. It auto saves and I can access it from anywhere in the world. It's the best.

Pros: It's super easy to use. Can create all the stuff with slides. It's very user friendly. I've been using it for more than 5 years now. I create presentation slides and I create images too. Most of the time when I have something simple to create as an image, I just create it in a google slide and save it in picture format. It's super easy for me. I use it most of the times for my little one's school projects. And I am using the google slides for my weekly presentations with my study group in Teacher Training. We all share one Google Slide Presentation and add/ edit the slides as we need. And it's very easy to share as a link or can download it in pptx . Anyone of us can give the presentation as we all have contributed to one Presentation. We can add effects, different layouts, designs and almost everything to the slides to make them stand out. And I can access it from anywhere in the world. And of course work offline and work from my smart phone. That's a big plus.

Cons: I Actually I like everything about it. I never had an issue with it. It's been always super user friendly for me.

• Reviewed on 08/12/2019
VP of Client Services
  • Reviewed on 20/10/2019

"Now preferred over Keynote & Powerpoint"

Comments: Overall, slides deserves great reviews coming from Powerpoint/Keynote. In an environment where presentations are built through collaborative teams daily, it's light, intuitive solution provides a ton of value. Even as a data heavy organization, the challenges of numerical data and visualizations are not disruptive enough to reconsider previous presentation software.

Pros: Coming from hybrid Powerpoint/Keynote environment, we've found the following pros:
The collaboration/commenting/tagging feature is more intuitive and easier to access.
The biggest concern we had in adopting Slides was its ability to deliver offline. We've been pleasantly surprised that functionality is largely maintained when offline and syncs smoothly when back on the web.
Embedding web hosted assets such as YouTube videos, audio files and even large image files are easier to leverage as well as has much less impact on file size.

Cons: The largest challenge faced with Slides thus far has been the integration/ability to leverage Sheets in presentations. Previously, many of the capabilities of Excel such as formula management, chart/graph visualizations has been keys to presentations. That capability isn't there in Slides in to ways: 1) Sheets is still missing some feature parity with Excel. 2) Once you paste or embed a chart or graph in Slides from Sheets, both the data and the labels are difficult to manage.

• Reviewed on 20/10/2019
Advising Coordinator
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2019

"Easy, intuitive, and useful"

Comments: Google Slides is incredibly easy to use and makes setting up a slideshow intuitive. I have had colleagues varying in age from 18 to well over 70 using Slides effectively. Many of our students also use the program for their in-class presentations, as it is more affordable than some of the other programs out there and is included for free with GMail accounts.

Pros: Slides possesses all of the things you would expect from a presentation application: there are transitions, sound effects, plenty of professional themes, templates, and easy controls to add images, photographs, or other media. Best of all, Google's standard Slides web program with GMail can be accessed anywhere and is free. Sharing is as simple as clicking "Share" and including any necessary e-mail addresses. Using a theme, I am able to pre-design all of my slides and simply fill in the necessary information. I have been able to use Slides as both a presenting software as well as a means through which to create information presentations to share information with my colleagues.

Cons: Using Slides does require GMail, and this may be restrictive for some users, but GMail is amongst the most popular and well-respected e-mail providers out there. In addition, Google Slides may not have the extensive transitions of other programs, but this is not missed, in my experience.

• Reviewed on 17/10/2019
Aaron L.
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2019

"Take Creativity to a New Level with Google Slides"

Comments: My overall experience has been very positive. I am always looking for ways to allow my students to show their creativity. Writing can get a little boring at times for many students, but with the offerings of Google Slides, even my most reluctant writers are excited to come up with new stories and ideas.

Pros: Google Slides allows so much opportunity for students to be creative. Essentially it is like PowerPoint, but it is much more user friendly and allows for so many more options. Students can add pictures, text, links, etc. I have had students write stories on this and they have a great time doing it. They add a few sentences on each slide with text and add pictures. The pictures can be changed to do special effects like spinning or disappearing. This allows students to do all sorts of fun and creative things. There are also opportunities for outside the box thinking. I have had my students use Google Slides to make a "Choose Your Own Adventure" story. They write a story and then at the end they create a link to two different endings. These endings are shown on different slides and the user can click on the ending that they choose. This has been a very fun experience!

Cons: There is a small learning curve with Google Slides. Students will need some practice with learning the different skills. Some of the capabilities are unknown until it is introduced to the student . So the teacher has to do some extra planning to make sure this is done correctly. But considering all that it has to offer, Google Slides is a must in the classroom for creative thinkers!

• Reviewed on 10/10/2019