• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.4 /5

About Google Slides

Cloud-based office suite by Google that helps create, edit, and collaborate presentations sorted by date and are saved automatically.

Learn more about Google Slides

Showing 25 reviews of 5,429

• Reviewed on 28/06/2020

"Weirdly enough, Google Slides is better than Google Docs"

Comments: Good enough to replace PowerPoint for almost any slide show we do, with the exception that to this day, working on PowerPoint native is faster when just mocking something up.

Pros: Cloud based is of course helpful, and the feature set is roughly comparable to Microsoft PowerPoint and in some ways better executed -- the auto-snaps of alignment being an example, along with consistency across browsers.

Cons: * The inability to copy material between browsers
* The inability to choose a color in an image as the transparent color
* The inability to set image compression level or resolution in the app
* add pexels & unsplash integrations
* better multi-select object capabilities
* better master template support

• Reviewed on 28/06/2020
Kristen N.
Product Marketing Supervisor
  • Reviewed on 07/01/2021

"We Can Collaborate More Effectively Thanks to Google Slides"

Comments: We used to implement PowerPoint for our presentations, but no longer. Our team collaboratively builds presentations for go-to-market (GTM) plans, strategy communications, and other useful information to share company-wide. Google Slides allows us to collectively join into the same slide deck at once for building content or creating design. When our team transitioned to a fully remote department due to the pandemic, our need increased for tools that did not require us to connect to a server remotely in order to access shared files.

Pros: Using Google Slides has strengthened our presentations and increased our efficiency, and the tool fosters more effective collaboration. The link sharing is a game changer, especially during a meeting in which we want to loop a team member in quickly. Our team can quickly and easily access the file from Google Drive, work on the same or different slides at the same time, and comment our ideas or on changes required. Our past PPT files can also be uploaded and converted easily to use the tools available in Google Slides.

Cons: Google Slides is a simple application to use and to implement, and we look forward to seeing more features built into this tool. When multiple users create text boxes and work on the same slide at once, sometimes the slide can get a little chaotic. We've embraced the chaos in this workflow, but having a larger negative space around the slide to place objects or text boxes that we don't necessarily want to present and want to keep for future reference would be exceedingly helpful. Our designers would also like to see a more streamlined approach to locking design elements to create slide deck templates that allow other users to swap in images.

• Reviewed on 07/01/2021
Special Field Agent
Performing Arts, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2020

"Google Slides just as good as Powerpoint for certain needs"

Comments: Google Slides is a very easy (free) alternative to PowerPoint in a pinch. I was unemployed when I was asked to design projections for a show and had to rely on my personal computer. In the past I would have a day job at a theatre company or other media company and work theatre gigs in the evening. If I was asked to work on a project that involved using certain software such as PowerPoint, Photoshop, or other Adobe software, I would use my work computer. Obviously I would limit my use as I want to avoid using company time working on other projects. However, that was my only access to expensive software I personally didn't have. Picking up any gigs I could while I was unemployed I had to find a free alternative. Google Slides was at the top of my Google Search. It ended up being very easy to use and similar to the format of PowerPoint, with likely less bells and whistles. Since my producer didn't require too much for her simple one-woman show, Googles Slides was equipped to get the job done without sacrificing quality. Since it was a very simple project I didn't really get to test the full capability of Google Slides although based on the toolbar it looked like it could do a lot more than I did.

Pros: Very intuitive and easy to use. You drag and drop slides on the column on the left-hand side of the screen and if you want to edit a specific slide you click on it. Very similar in format to PowerPoint. It feels easier and less intimidating.

Cons: Since it's a Google product you mainly access it online through a browser although you can present and edit offline, there are limitations. If you do any edits offline it doesn't automatically save until you have internet connection again. This does not help if I am working at a theatre venue with spotty or no wifi connection. It seems that there is a way to enable offline editing, but it's just an extra step and I'm not sure how well it syncs with what you already have edited when you were online (does it override it?). I haven't tested that option. Whereas you never have to worry about that with PowerPoint since it's an offline file to begin with. Google Slides being browser-based can make it stressful.

• Reviewed on 28/10/2020
SDR
E-Learning, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2020

"Make Meeting more productive"

Comments: Its great, the best part is that I can not only make changes on any device, but everything is synced up on the cloud. I can access my files anywhere by logging into my Google account from any device.

Pros: Whenever you are speaking with someone externally (like a potential client), it becomes very important for you to put your best foot forward. Google slides lets me create presentations and share it with my team, get instant feedback (or I could also collaborate with multiple colleagues to design the perfect design/messaging). The ability to use your mobile phone as a clicker is also quite helpful if you end up being in a large board room and someone just worry who will change the slide on queue. The speaker mode also allows you to view your notes (much more easier if you have two screens) simultaneously which makes it so much easier for me to make sure I haven't missed anything or if I just want to remind myself to ask a question or take a pause so that I don't get lost in the flow. I also like the feature when you copy a particular presentation it asks you if you want the speaker notes copied (incase you have confidential information in your version but want to share a different file with an external person)

Cons: On a single screen the speaker notes, especially if you are using a video conference tool the window just not go into full present mode, you can see the URL there so its not a fully immersive experience. (doesn't happen on 2 screens)

• Reviewed on 26/07/2020
Pete G.
Technical Analyst
Investment Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2020

"Google slides vs. Powerpoint-- a professional perspective"

Comments: It gets the job done, and is free. Great product and overall experience. Very user friendly, and still powerful from beginners to experts in many fields and industries.

Pros: The primary driving force for out team to use this software was the fact that it was free.
Although we could afford PowerPoint (we used it in the past), we realized PowerPoint was an unnecessary expense as Google already offers all the tools we need for success.
With this software, we are able to bounce ideas off in our weekly meetings easily due to the easy to use nature of the software. Would recommend for teams with no budget.

Cons: PowerPoint is much more powerful than this product in my professional opinion. However, due to how intimate our team setting is, formalities and the extra star power of PowerPoint are unnecessary for us to accomplish are tasks. The only thing we really dislike is that it cannot seamlessly transfer power point files with slides (some team members still prefer power point)

• Reviewed on 05/05/2020
Olivia L.
Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2020

"Google Slides for Education"

Comments: Google slides, overall, is an excellent tool for distance and digital learning. When used in the classroom setting students are able to collaborate in real time next to each other in at home students are able to collaborate in real time we’re not next to each other. It is the best of both worlds. I am also able to share our information easily with my students. Google slides, overall, is an excellent tool for distance and digital learning. When using the classroom setting students are able to collaborate in real time next to each other in at home tunes are able to collaborate in real time we’re not next to each other. It is the best of both worlds. I am also able to share out information easily with my students.

Pros: Google Slides for educating students allows me to display information in a sequential matter. This helps students stay focused and organized. I can create custom lessons in slides for their distance learning success. Students can also create projects in slides and practice numerous skills needed as 9-10 year olds.

Cons: There are some features that are missing like the ability to use custom fonts from the internet. I miss not being able to use them. I also don’t like the adding an image feature. It’s easier in Microsoft Power Point.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2020
Sufal D.
Student
Biotechnology, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Collaboration on Presentation slides made easy."

Comments: It has been a pleasure using Google Slides with everyone and is still the #1 choice for when there is some sort of group presentation. The seamless google images integration is top-notch and makes sure that everyone using slides is able to create aesthetically pleasing presentations.

Pros: Google Slides is great for quick use, as well as for more in-depth intense projects. But most importantly for collaborative projects, it is my go-to software. Being part of the G-suite allows any user with a Google account to access this free software, and it is relatively simple to use. If a user would like to integrate more functions to their slides they are also able to do so with the tools addon section. The ability to share links to edit, view, or comment on the slides is quite helpful for the various occasions when sharing a whole document is unnecessary or not the best idea. The interface is simple and non-invasive, and all the features a casual user might use are found easily.

Cons: Although the potential for templates is endless for google slides, it is a bit difficult to figure out how to integrate them into your own document. Upon opening a slide document you are presented a few themes, but clicking on the more themes button leads to a confusing search bar where clicking on a template doesn't mean you are able to view and simply add it to your current slides.

• Reviewed on 24/06/2020
Andrew R.
Marketing Strategist
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2019

"Google Slides Review"

Comments: Within my current agency as well as for my freelance projects, I always default to Google Slides when creating presentations for internal meetings as well as client meetings. I've made countless proposals using Google built-in templates and they've looked amazing - I've even received complements on them.

Pros: Google Slides provides a free, fast, and collaborative way of creating and working on presentations. It's much less bulky than is competitor Powerpoint, and enables you to integrate other Google services such as Sheets - this data will update real time if you allow it.

Cons: If using the Magic Mouse on Mac, the scrolling become VERY sensitive and will hop slides often. Wish there was better support for this mouse, but using the track pad or a more traditional mouse will mitigate this issue.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2019
Regional Director
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2020

"Flawless program and easy to shar"

Comments: I use google slides to create custom sales presentations for my customers. I enjoy the speed at which I can create slides make them look professional. After the presentation is completed I enjoy how easily I can share this with my customer as a takeaway. My customers remember me and continue to buy from me in part because of the professional visuals that I am create through google slides.

Pros: I like the way that the program flows flawlessly I've never encountered a problem using it. I like that its an online system that is accessible and shareable from anywhere. This software really improves the experience for my customers and allows me to create professional presentations with minimal effort!

Cons: I'd like to see more animations, more themes, and the ability to transfer google sheet tables easier. Sometimes when a table is copied over the columns and rows don't transfer and the data doesn't come over as intended.

• Reviewed on 09/04/2020
Gail L.
teacher
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2020

"Google Slides Is For All Ages!"

Pros: In the past, I mainly used Google Slides to have my students create reports. They would research a topic, i.e. famous black historians or an animal of their choice, then I would teach them how to convert their report to Google Slide presentation that they could share with the class. At only 7 and 8 years old, they are amazing at creating beautiful presentations on Google Slides! I've had my principal observe students presenting their slide project and she is amazed. However, with all of our E-Learning we're having to do, I am now using Slides to present content to my students online and I love how easy it is to show my kids step by step how to solve a math problem or the difference between cause and effect. Google Slides has made distance teaching so much easier!

Cons: I can't think of anything I don't like except that I tend to be very wordy (see above!) and on one slide, I have to limit what I have to say. This is actually better, though, because less words are better for 7 year olds.

• Reviewed on 11/04/2020
Kalina B.
Research Programmer
  • Reviewed on 16/09/2019

"Great for collaborative slide creation"

Comments: I typically use Google Slides to plan large presentations with multiple presenters, using it as a place to organize - but then I export and move to PowerPoint for the final presentation, due to issues of file size and video playback.

Pros: This is *the best* software for creating slides that can be reviewed by other people, or can have multiple contributors. Multiple people can view and edit in real-time, which is simply not possible in PowerPoint or Keynote. The ability to add comments is also wonderful. It's very convenient to be able to access your slides online from any computer, and not have to copy them over on a flash drive or external hard drive.

Cons: 1) There isn't a good way to embed video in the slides. You can add a link to a YouTube video, but that is not ideal if you don't want to have to upload your videos to YouTube, or if you don't want to have to rely on a solid Internet connection to be able to present.
2) It doesn't do very well with importing/exporting extremely large files. If you try to import an existing PowerPoint into Google Slides, you may have to break it up into small manageable chunks. And, if you want to export your Google Slides into a PDF, if it is large, the images may not show up properly.

• Reviewed on 16/09/2019
Eric eduardo W.
Internship
Banking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2019

"Great online tool for presentations"

Comments: We have been using Google Slides to make presentations, often in collaboration on the IT team to show procedures or projects to other staff. Being able to share a link made distribution easily, mostly for computers that didn't have Microsoft PowerPoint installed.

Pros: The best feature compared to other tools is the lack of software installation for showing the presentation, where most browsers will be able to show the project just fine. The interface is easy to learn, and there is a good amount of options and features to work with. It is even possible to easily show videos, a task that is painful in other alternatives such as Microsoft PowerPoint. The integration with other tools also allow for others good aspects, like having the project hosted on Google Slide.

Cons: It still lacks some features present in offline alternatives, and uploading images can be annoying on the fly.
A good fix for this is having all images ready beforehand, and having them uploaded for when you need to insert them.
I also don't recommend doing a slide on a mobile phone, as doing the same project requires a bigger amount of work and time.

• Reviewed on 22/08/2019
Associate Account Executive
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2019

"If you HAVE to create presentations, use Slides!"

Comments: It's a great tool for creating slide decks, presentations, and collaborating with teams on cross-functional presentations.

Pros: I'll say the same thing I say for all Google software tools - It's incredibly easy to use, navigate, and collaborate with others on my team to create slide decks and presentations. While I'm not a fan of using presentations and slides for all meetings, when I have to, it's easiest to use Google Slides.

Cons: It's very difficult to think of a negative for Google's Slides. I will say that adding animations to text, boxes, or content, the logic can be a little difficult to figure out.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2019
Hesandu D.
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2020

"Easy and brilliant presentation software."

Comments: We have been using Google slides for 8 months now. To be honest it's a amazing and excellent presentation software . We create presentations ,proposals ,slides and etc .And I privately use Google slides for my studies. It's a good software for group projects and for online presentations and many more.

Pros: Cloud based is the best thing I like in this software. Because it takes no other space in computer. It is easy to use with your team. If you having a computer or a smartphone or a laptop it doesn’t matter what it is you can access easily . And there are lot of free templates to use. Very good software for presentations.

Cons: Basic templates are not brilliant. Must add more brilliant templates. Sometimes the software does lag. Internet is must for this app. The areas that don’t have internet connection can’t use this app. And there must be more themes for this app.

• Reviewed on 01/11/2020
Kristen L.
Instructor
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/12/2020

"Go-To Instructional Resource"

Comments: This is a great program. You cannot beat free, and the accessibility features make this an AMAZING resource as I teach my students with disabilities. The add-ons and features are ever-evolving, adding to the joy of using the program!

Pros: Google Slides is incredibly versatile. I have used Google Slides to create digital and print portfolios, virtual lessons, presentations, handouts, interactive games, and more. There are a handful of amazing add-ons, including ones which allow voice-typing directly into text boxes. (The automatic voice-typing goes to speaker notes.) It is easy to embed videos into Google Slides as well as easy to use the interconnected Google Drive to add audio to slides. The background can be stabilized so that students can drag-and-drop objects. It's easy to add pictures, and a variety of fonts can be downloaded for free.

Cons: When I first used Google Slides, I expected it to work identically to Microsoft PowerPoint. While PowerPoint can be downloaded into Slides format, the two are not identical. Most inconvenient is the need to CTRL+C/CTRL+V to copy and paste, unless the offline capabilities are added.

• Reviewed on 01/12/2020
Operations Manager
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2020

"Slides done easy and right"

Comments: I have saved a lot of time working on presentations with other coworkers remotely. I love how integrated is in Google's platform and I have been doing all my presentations on this platform. Using comments, sharing with other piers. downloading and presenting in other softwares like is the same thing is just great.

Pros: Slick design on features like graphs and templates. Love how its webbased, I have no longer needed an application, is just a tab in my chrome. Works great, professional. Love the typography available. My presentations have been great ever since

Cons: I know there are some tools unavailable that may be available in keynote or ppt but I couldn't find one. I used the three tools and I can only say Slides is the one and only.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2020
Amy S.
Primary/Secondary Education, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2020

"SO MUCH Better than Powerpoint!"

Comments: I truly love Google Slides. From the ability to choose whatever outside themes I want from outside of Google Slides to adding in YouTube videos, it's been incredibly helpful for keeping my classroom running smoothly as I'm teaching my students.

Pros: I absolutely love Google Classroom! The ease of access to embedding YouTube videos has made it incredibly helpful in my classroom so that I can quickly add timers into whatever assignments students might be working on.

Cons: I wish that I had more font options. I know that there are ways to download font packs, but most of the time it isn't worth the energy when creating presentations for my students.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2020
Nathalia V.
Research, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2020

"One of our most used tools"

Comments: One of the most efficient and versatile presentation tools out there. I will never go back to PowerPoint !

Pros: The collaboration features are great and enable my team and I to work simultaneously, increasing efficiency. I also love the visual versatility — it’s not clunky at all and allows us to create beautiful decks

Cons: The offline feature can be a little buggy, but that’s probably because we haven’t set it up right. I also wish there was an option to add a custom, non-google font.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2020
Kunal V.
iOS Developer
Information Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2020

"No brainer for GSuite users"

Comments: A very clean and simple experience provides all users with enough functionality to maintain their workflows. GSuite integration for SMEs removes a lot of headaches for documentation softwares. Overall a great experience given the integrations and price point.

Pros: • Automatic Integration
GSuite and GMail are automatically integrated with Google Slides and provides a very seamless experience.
• Simple UX
GSuite products provide a seamless and simple experience to the users giving non-tech savvy users enough flexibility to use the product without having issues.
• Compatibility with MS Office
Google Slides maintains high compatibility with PowerPoint files.

Cons: • Offline Usage
Offline usage is still complicated to setup via extensions.
• Missing features
Although compatible with PowerPoint it still have advanced features missing.
• Account Tied
Google Slides is tightly integrated with Google Account, usage without Google Account is very complicated.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2020
Travis A.
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2020

""Google Slides is Substitute of Power Point""

Comments: I think Google Slides is best for making attractive presentations and it can also help in opening document contain slides that are made by using power point. It is also in synchronization with Drive, all the slides that are derived automatically move to Google Slides and can be viewed here.

Pros: Google slides is easy to use as its interface is "User Friendly" like other Google's products. It is helpful in making attractive slides it has many templates that can be used for designing slides that catch the attention of audience. Google provides Googles Slides freely, there are not required any type of payment or subscription. It is easily "Avail able "with Google account and then there is no need of installing Power point. When you will design presentation by using Google slides all files will be saved in a account automatically and there would be no worry about losing them. There will be surety that all of the documents or files are saved and will be found in Google slides upon need. You may also edit and design files "Offline". These files can be "Shared" with any one easily.

Cons: There are some things that are missed by the users like, It must add some more templates and fonts so that personalized templates could be designed. It is unable to "Copy & Paste" material from other browsers and it is also unable to adjust "Images" and their size. Sometimes it is hard to compress them and to set their resolution.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2020
Adjani K.
IT manage
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/09/2020

"Good for sharing Presentation"

Comments: I am preety much use it on daily basis and create IT Infrastructure diagrams and migration plans its good presentation and collaboration tool.

Pros: Auto save feature is something which safeguard accidental mistakes.
Easy to share across the teams, just share the link, no need to download
Easy to edit as no other software required to be installed other than Chrome

Cons: Google slides do not have stencils like if needed to create a presentation with some of AWS or Azure resources, I have to copy paste it from a Microsoft POWERPOINT file.
Also it should have option to embed other docs within it

• Reviewed on 06/09/2020
Alexis D.
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2020

"Google Slides Review"

Comments: Google Slides has been great to be able to share presentations. I can easily share a link with students and colleagues that allows them to view the presentation.

Pros: This software is easy to use. I am also able to log in to my Google drive from any device and pull up my Google Slides presentation. No more worrying about keeping up with USB drives.

Cons: After using Microsoft PowerPoint for many years, there was a slight learning curve. Once I learned how to do special effects and designs, it has been much easier to use.

• Reviewed on 16/02/2020
Mauricio P.
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2020

"Ideal to keep all business presentations in one place"

Comments: Can't complain about anything. I use Slides on a daily basis to prepare all our internal business presentations as well a project proposals and it's been a pleasure to work with it.

Pros: Has several features to create great business presentations. The templates market is huge and you can end up with a very professional presentation with just a few clicks.

Cons: When adding some complex SVG images to slides (like a world map) it's noticeable how performance drops, seems that drawing complex SVG makes the tool hang a bit.

• Reviewed on 14/09/2020
Patrick B.
Social Studies Teacher
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2019

"Simple and Easy"

Pros: Google slides is very user friendly. If your goal is to make a slideshow presentation that will be autosaved and accessible anywhere you have the internet, then this is the perfect software. If you are already used to other programs such as PowerPoint, the transition is easy and Slides is 100% free.

Cons: If you want extra features, you do need to add them through add-ons. Although I don't mind this most of the time, it does require a bit of searching to find exactly what you want the first time you add it on.

• Reviewed on 26/07/2019
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/08/2020

"Great Alternative to PowerPoint if you Have a Google Account"

Comments: I use Google Slides for work at my nonprofit when I need to present something to the Board of Directors. We also use Google Slides when we are working on a specific program we have that we present to community members. I have found it to be very similar to PowerPoint but with the integrations of Google and AutoSave, plus not having to download the software to each computer you are using, it has many more benefits.

Pros: I like that you can create slides quite easily and fill them with different templates to help with design. I thought that it was very similar to PowerPoint, which most of us already know how to use, but it's online and so everything saves automatically. I like how this integrates with other Google accounts/programs as well.

Cons: My only con with this was trying to figure out presenter mode. Maybe it can be done but I couldn't figure out how, was to present the slides and also see the presenter notes while on a mobile device. I was able to present fine with the modes given but I struggled with seeing the "notes" part. Could be due to my inexperience with this program!

• Reviewed on 12/08/2020