Take Creativity to a New Level with Google Slides

Aaron L.
Teacher
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My overall experience has been very positive. I am always looking for ways to allow my students to show their creativity. Writing can get a little boring at times for many students, but with the offerings of Google Slides, even my most reluctant writers are excited to come up with new stories and ideas.

Pros: Google Slides allows so much opportunity for students to be creative. Essentially it is like PowerPoint, but it is much more user friendly and allows for so many more options. Students can add pictures, text, links, etc. I have had students write stories on this and they have a great time doing it. They add a few sentences on each slide with text and add pictures. The pictures can be changed to do special effects like spinning or disappearing. This allows students to do all sorts of fun and creative things. There are also opportunities for outside the box thinking. I have had my students use Google Slides to make a "Choose Your Own Adventure" story. They write a story and then at the end they create a link to two different endings. These endings are shown on different slides and the user can click on the ending that they choose. This has been a very fun experience!

Cons: There is a small learning curve with Google Slides. Students will need some practice with learning the different skills. Some of the capabilities are unknown until it is introduced to the student . So the teacher has to do some extra planning to make sure this is done correctly. But considering all that it has to offer, Google Slides is a must in the classroom for creative thinkers!

You Can Go Anywhere With Google Slides

Reviewed on 21/09/2019
Anvita S.
Tuto
Education Management, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall my experience with Google Slides has been positive and convenient. I would definitely recommend this to any student or team so that they can take their presentation anywhere without having to worry about which version of Powerpoint or softwares other computers have or about having to save the presentation to any computer. Almost everyone has a Google account and it is so easy to just log in and start working on your presentation any time and any where you have internet access, and the app makes it so you don't even need a computer! For once I actually did not stress about group projects using Google Slides because I would always wonder or worry about my other group members and what they were doing (or not doing) and this allows everyone to work together in real time and removes any excuse of not being able to get together to work on it! 10/10 would recommend!!

Pros: I love Google Slides. As a graduate student, I had many presentations and before Google Slides there would always be some worry about which version of Powerpoint the computer would have, and if the presentation would look the same as how I designed it. Often times, depending on the version of Powerpoint available in the classroom, the effects and even font of the text would change! With Google Slides it does not matter which computer is being used, and presenters do not have to worry about their presentation changing in appearance or function and that is a huge relief, especially when as I student I spent a lot of time making sure my presentations looked aesthetically pleasing! I love that all I have to do is log in to my Google account and that I have access to my presentation anywhere I go. Versions of Powerpoint were always different in classrooms, and it would be so disappointing to see the pretty font or effects disappear only for the most basic fonts and no effects to show up. I really love that I can go anywhere and have access to what I am working on, and also that it saves directly into my Google account and that I do not have to save it directly on my computer! One of my other favorite things about Google slides is that it makes group presentations so easy, whether it is for school or office projects, because there are real time updates and multiple people can work on a slide at the same time and literally be on the same page! Teamwork is so easy with this!

Cons: What I like least about this software is the minimal template designs and lack of cool animations and effects. This isn't a huge deal though because there are ways you can put in images and use pretty fonts or color schemes to make the presentation appealing. It definitely lacks compared to Powerpoint, but the convenience of Google Slides to work with individually or with groups is still worth limited options of enhanced aesthetics. Also, it can take a long time to download the app. And it is a little inconvenient at times that the app only allows you to upload one picture at a time to a slide- it would be awesome if we can select more than one picture at a time so that way we do not have to keep opening out images and scroll until we find what we are uploading again and again. However this feature is still super convenient because it does not require downloading and saving images before uploading them on to a slide and is not that time consuming if you save your photos at the beginning of the camera reel so you don't have to keep scrolling through your entire gallery to upload.

Great way to create platform-independent presentations and to collaborate

Reviewed on 06/09/2019
Software Engineer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My overall experience using Slides has been very positive. I enjoy the cross-platform, free, easily accessible design of this software and I feel the pros significantly outweigh the cons. Even though I have powerpoint installed I only use it if for opening existing presentations I have received from someone else. For be Slides is always the preferred choice when I want to create or edit my own presentations.

Pros: When creating a presentation I have a choice between powerpoint and google slides. I prefer slides because: - it is free to use
- it works online and I do not need to install anything/have anything installed on my computer
- I have many devices (laptop, desktop, android, iphone) and I can view, use and edit my presentation on any one of those devices
- The interface is easy to use and I can find the features I am looking for typically without significant effort
- If working with someone else, you can collaborate on a project in real time
- You can publish and embed your presentation on a website and share it with people
I also like that the work is saved online so if and when my laptop dies, I do not have to worry about copying files anywhere, my work is safe. Overall there are many pros to using this product.

Cons: As for styling the presentation, the selection of themes is quite limited and I wish there were more options. From a functional standpoint, because of features like real time collaboration, you have to be online to use it. My internet connection is bad and cuts off sometimes, so I have to pause work until it resumes. No connection causes a notification bar to show up saying "trying to connect" and everything becomes disabled until I am online again.

Awesome way forward for collaborative work processes!

Reviewed on 22/08/2019
Chris N.
Integrated Producer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, it's made a drastic difference to our company's efficiencies and has helped us produce work faster without multiple rounds of physical interactions to get to a good place. This along with the other G Suite products are part and parcel to our improved processes and will continue to use them!

Pros: Google Slides has provided a brand new way of all departments in my company to collaborate quicker and easier. The ease of assigning various people really helps to alert people without sending additional recap emails and digging through various threads to understand changes that have been made/ requested for.

Cons: There are times when we need to take our slides offline and convert them into Powerpoint. During these moments, it can be a little troublesome to reformat the deck as there are differences in web-friendly fonts etc. Apart from this, it is quite difficult to get the same size when copying an image over to Powerpoint which can be cumbersome during last minute changes. For a deck which is 100 slides long, this can be quite daunting and time consuming.

Modern Presentation tool

Reviewed on 30/08/2019
Bank teller
Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: With my academic activities,I mostly needed Google slides for presentations. It is a free and online tool that can be use easily. We can make slides in anywhere when we needed. That mobility function is very needed today. Because now we have devices that can access internet easily,so these kind of applications should be suit with them. Google slides has made with that task. Another best thing is we can make and edit slides in collaboration with our teammates by allowing them to access it. As the owner of presentation we can allow others to add 'only comments' or to edit if needed. And also it has a function that can questioning about slides(Q&A). Then we can answer them. Google slides can use in both computer and mobile. It is a good thing so we can work with it easily. And also this can be recommend as a secure workplace that we can work with. We can use other Google applications along with this easily and most of photo,video and document formats are support to Slides. When we needed a quick editing(last minute editing) I can say it is really quick with this software. It has so many tools to make the presentation special and professional.
When working with this app we should need a good internet connection unless we haven't enabled the offline editing. But in offline editing there are so many limitations. We need to be online moslty. But Google slides still have less effect items and themes. Those functions needed to add more choises to make slides attractive and real.

Pros: Easy to use and completely free software.
Mobilty software that can use in anywhere.
Can edit quickly(last minute editing).

Cons: Should have a good internet connection.
Somewhat less effects and themes available.
Need a Google account to use.

The Modern and Creative Way to Present Information

Reviewed on 14/08/2019
EY Performance Improvement Intern
Financial Services, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Google slides currently allows our team at EY to present weekly deliverable documents to our clients, which outline progress, issues, and next steps. In addition, it is very commonly used to construct easy-to-follow manuals outlining certain procedures, steps, or instructions for someone else. Slides has been very useful in constructing a collaborative presentation, allowing our whole team to work on one presentation at the same time and finish it in a very short amount of time, in order to maximize efficiency and optimize our time.

Pros: Google Slides allows for an extremely collaborative and creative style of work between a group of people. Whether it´s students, co-workers, or teachers/professors, Google Slides allows the user to have full freedom over how they wish to customize their presentation. My favorite feature is the versatility of the software, since you are truly never limited in terms of what styles, fonts, designs or formats you can pursue. Therefore, you are in full control over how you wish to present your information- very creative and funky, very professional, etc. The opportunities are truly endless thanks to this incredibly high level of customization that the platform provides you with. Secondly, the communication and easiness of collaboration lets you be even more creative with this software. With two or more users collaborating on the same project, you have the ability to divide tasks in order to create the perfect presentation. Perhaps one person focuses on fostering creativity, while the other centers around the information or data of the presentation. This is what allows Slides to be the a truly collaborative platform.

Cons: Perhaps the area in which the most improvement can be made, is its compatability with Microsoft Powerpoint. Often times, downloading a Google Sheets presentation to a local Powerpoint file can lead to distorted fonts, graphics, transition animations, and more. Very small details can cause the file to be visually misshaped. As a result, the user must sometimes manually adjust details before locally sending the file through e-mail or submitting it through an online platform. For example, when working on a presentation that will have to be sent through e-mail or submitted online after presenting, I tend to use very simple fonts and transitions that I know are available in Powerpoint. For this reason, I think implementing an option which can be "turned on" to limit features to those which are compatible with Powerpoint, is a good idea. This option could be useful when users know that they will have to eventually submit this presentation as a PowerPoint, but they want to keep the collaborative aspects and benefits of Google Slides.

Collaborative Presentation for the People

Reviewed on 04/08/2019
Jordan D.
Marketing Analytics Specialist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My overall experience has been nothing but mostly positive. Please implement version control in the future though!

Pros: As with most of Google products, I love that it's collaborative and the price-point is right (free). Where I was prepping for school presentations, work presentations or making a process doc Google slides has never failed me. It's also used at most big companies, startups, and advertising agencies alike.

Cons: The only caveat with Google products is always the question of privacy and version control. The main question is, "how do I know that this is safer than non-cloud presentation software". There's always a risk when using any cloud-based software, but it's a valid question to ask yourself.

Google slides for amazing presentations

Reviewed on 02/08/2019
Project Manager / Business Analyst
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I recommend this as the best tool to create nice presentations and documents

Pros: With google slides they provide amazing set of templates for the paid domain plan and also with the free gmail plan which helps to create a stunning presentation in few minutes. Online collaborating feature is another great feature that they provide. You will be able to revert to older versions and also keep track of the history of what you and editors did. Also you can setup privileges and access rights with will really make your work easy.

Cons: There is no offline feature where it syncs with the internet when you want to work offline.

A Great Alternative to Microsoft Powerpoint

Reviewed on 04/08/2019
Corine T.
Student
E-Learning, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, I've had a very positive experience with Google Slides. I think I would prefer Google Slides to Powerpoint, especially because you can access your project from anywhere, since it is on your Google Drive. However, you cannot add to it when you are offline because the changes won't save. Still, it is a great tool for collaborating with others or just sharing your work and presentations with others, so I would definitely recommend this product.

Pros: What I like most about this software is that it works just as well as Microsoft Powerpoint, but it's free. It has basically all of the same features, and the best part is that it is shareable, like the way you can share Google Docs with other people. This has been really helpful when I had to do group projects and work with other people remotely. It was easier for us to collaborate with Google Slides, and then send the project slides to our teachers very easily with just the access to the link.

Cons: I don't think there is anything negative to say or any cons about this software. It has all of the same features as Powerpoint, including templates, themes, and adding special effects or images or anything else. I think it works even better than Powerpoint because it is very easily shareable. I guess the only thing I would say that I "least like" would be that to change anything, you have to be able to use wifi/the Internet, whereas Powerpoint does not work exclusively online.

Perfect for creating simple power point presentations- No learning curve!

Reviewed on 28/07/2019
Lauren W.
Personal Trainer
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I used Google Slides to create the pitch deck for my start up company. At first, I looked into paying to use a fancy slide site since they had pitch deck templates that looked AMAZING and would've made the process extraordinarily easy. However, they all seemed too expensive since I would really just be using it for this one thing. So I looked at Google Slides and decided to go with it instead. I am SO happy I did! Although they don't have any formal templates, all the themes they do have are super easy to customize and professional looking. I have had nothing but positive feedback from potential investors on my pitch deck. Free...Easy...Access from anywhere...What more could you ask for! Everything is extremely customizable. Each text box, photo, and background can be edited as much as is necessary. And because it's a Google program, you never have to worry about losing unsaved work! One of my favorite things about Google Slides though was very unexpected- the mobile app. It is AWESOME! Editing is decently easy, though of course it's easier to just do it from your computer. But it is the presentation mode that is amazing! With two clicks, you can present your slideshow straight from your phone! I would never do this as a pitch obviously, but it's great for casual conversations and showing people what my company is all about! My pitch deck is right there in my pocket!

Pros: -No learning curve
-Good variety of templates
-Easily customizable
-Saves automatically
-Access from anywhere
-Great mobile app

Cons: -Couldn't figure out how to change the main color on a couple of the templates
-No duplicate function for text boxes

Ideal solution to work in collaboration

Reviewed on 22/07/2019
Luis C.
Consultant
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: In overall, is a great solution that allows you to work easily and in collaboration. It is a very simple solution to obtain great results

Pros: Google Slides is the best solution to work in collaboration to preapre and share any presentation, through out your organization's team or any other external. In collaboration it allow you to simultaneous review, add, erase and edit any kind of information at the same time. Also, as you work, all editing is being safed automatically, so you will not to worry about saving manually everytime the file. Another great part in the integration between the other solutions of google (docs and sheets), as you can information directly and update it if in the other files where also updated. For last, you can add access control to feel safe about who can access and/or edit the file.

Cons: It is possible to struggle a little with the max size of the file, it have a limit at the moment. On the other hand, the convertion to Microsoft PowerPoint sometimes affect the format you are using through the slide, it is important to have it defined.

Go with Slides! Make the shift!

Reviewed on 08/01/2019
Russell P.
Educational Consulting
Education Management, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Creating and collaborating on beautiful, impactful, and useful presentations.

Pros: There are a lot of presentation tools out there - perhaps too many. And I'll admit, I've spent too long experimenting with competitors. I always come back to Google Slides, though. Here's what I love most. First, it's cloud-based, so everything is stored in the cloud and automatically saved. Further, I can access it from anywhere on any device. I can collaborate with teammates seamlessly and effortlessly. Next, if you're familiar with the G Suite platform, then Slides will feel natural to you. No need to learn a new interface. With Slides, you have the ability to add all sorts of content to the deck (i.e., videos, audio, images, GIFs, etc.). Beyond creating presentations, it's really the "Swiss Army knife" of the Google apps. It's versatile. You can do so much with it with students (i.e., eBooks, create-your-own-adventure stories, collaborative projects, hyperdocs, etc.). It's truly a versatile tool for classrooms. Slides is also constantly being improved by Google - so I trust and expect that even better things will come. For example, consider that they just recently introduced the Q&A feature which allows you to interact with your audience while presenting. What a great idea! Go with Slides - make the shift, if you haven't already.

Cons: Although I'm a big fan, here are some areas for improvement:
- The standard themes are somewhat lacking. Google has not provided many options, but there are freebies available online (consider Slide Carnival).
- It does not have some of the advances features that some users of PP may be familiar with, but honestly, only a few users need those features so it's not a major concern.
- Because it's not a separate software, you storage ability is linked to your Drive account and the amount of cloud storage you've purchased.
- It's a bit of a learning curve when migrating to the platform, and some may feel a little lost. But I do not think it's overwhelming, nor do I feel that this should deter you from giving it a try.

Make the switch for Education

Reviewed on 18/10/2018
Instructional Technology Facilitator
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Presenting instructional content, making eBooks, sharing ideas, collaborating with peers, etc.

Pros: I use this in the field of education. I used other platforms prior to Slides (PowerPoint, flipcharts by ActivInspire, HaikuDeck, and a few others); however, Google Slides is the one of I've stuck with. I see pros with each of the previously mentioned platforms, but Google Slides is the clear winner with regards to longevity. Pros:
- It's included with a G Suite account (if you have a Gmail or Drive, you have access to Slides).
- It offers all of the features that a good slide deck needs.
- It's cloud-based so it can be updated across multiple platforms at any time.
- There's even an app that works for editing. And it works well!
- It's collaborative - students and colleagues can work on Slides, together, at the same time. No need to email copy after copy after copy. There's one copy in the cloud that we're all contributing to.
- It's constantly being saved. No need to worry about a computer or app malfunction - it's just always being saved in real time.
- Add-ons are available by independent developers that make it even more powerful.
- It's easy to integrate features from across your Drive account (images, graphs, even YouTube videos).

Cons: I see no real cons. Some may argue that other platforms may have more advanced features, but in all honesty, how many of us really need/use those advanced features? I'm guessing very few of us. Just make the switch - you won't be sorry.

Everything you need and more.

Reviewed on 20/08/2019
M.A. Student , English
Higher Education, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have used Google Slides without a hitch for years. Aside from the occasional issues of freezing, which can be ascribed to my own computer/RAM/etc., I have never had an issue with Google Slides. The fact that my work is continually saved in the cloud is an added layer of protection in the event of crashes, surges, and the like.

Pros: I found Google Slides very intuitive to use, especially transitioning from Microsoft Powerpoint. The fact that Google Slides can be used in-browser eliminates system strain and preserves resources and system memory. The fact that the slides can be easily downloaded and used within Powerpoint provides an extra layer of versatility. The in-browser, real-time experience makes collaboration across various operating systems far easier. Of course, a benefit is that the program is free for personal users. Also provides some advnced features, such as a Q&A notes section.

Cons: Slides lacks some of the advanced capabilities of Microsoft Powerpoint. It will also require an internet connection to continue work on a project. Despite a lack of some advanced features, it should be more than suitable for the majority of users (especially students).

Google Slides is the only presentation tool you need

Reviewed on 30/07/2019
Clare D.
Marketing Executive
Insurance, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I would recommend Google Slides to anyone who's either looking for an alternative to PowerPoint or a free product which has all the same features and more.

Pros: I started using Google Slides about 4 years ago as I needed a quick solution to not having access to PowerPoint on a laptop and I've never looked back since. Not only is Google Slides free but it's just as good, if not better, than PowerPoint. What makes Google Slides even better is that you can work on presentations with colleagues easily through the cloud either letting them edit or view only which makes it ideal for modern workplaces. You can download the presentation as a PowerPoint compatible presentation for easy set up offices and you can download the PDF slides as well.

Cons: If two people are editing the same slide at the same time, it doesn't always save what you have done or will just save one person's work so you'll need to be mindful of that but it's never really been an issue for me as usually only one person will be working on it at a time. Sometimes when downloading as a PowerPoint there can be a few conversion errors so it's always worth checking back through the presentation to make sure everything is where it should be but again I don't have any major issues with this.

Great software, I wish it had more features

Reviewed on 21/08/2019
Devney A.
Technology Educator
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I enjoy Google Slides, and I've gotten to make some great presentations using the software. I used it for graduate school and personal use.

Pros: Google Slides is a great alternative to PowerPoint and it has the added feature of being able to collaborate in real-time which is helpful when working on a team project.

Cons: A few issues I had: it could get a bit confusing when multiple people were working on the presentation at the same time. Since we can all work together in real-time, it's hard to be able to keep track of which changes were done when and by whom and which changes are going to be in the finished product. The other issue I had with it was that the layouts and designs were different than PowerPoint and they weren't interchangeable. So I needed to redo my presentation from PowerPoint in Slides with animation and everything. I was hoping for more functionality between the two so that presentations made with one software could be used with the other without spending time redoing the entire presentation just to get it to function the same way with animations.

Almost All of What you Need in a Presentation Tool

Reviewed on 30/12/2018
Summer Intern
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Google Slides is another excellent offering in the Google Suite that provides many of the functionality of other office suites. Slides takes on the function of presentation software such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Prezi. The main benefits of using Google Slides and the other offerings is that it is free and offers very easy online collaboration, allowing multiple people to edit the same document simultaneously. With the collaboration function, there is also a chat to allow present collaborators to communicate. While other suites have collaboration now, Google Suites was the first and remains the easiest to use. Slides has a clean and easy to use interface, offering many of the same tools as its competitors. It offers easy to use and modifiable templates as well as an easy way to embed media such as images and audio. Exporting is also excellent in Google Slides, offering many different print options for multiple slides per page and options for outlines or notes on the printouts. Slides can also export in formats such as .pdf and .pptx for offline saving and presenting in Microsoft.

Cons: Other suites offline functionality is better compared to Google Slides, as you need to have an online connection to natively present Google Slides. You need to download your Slides presentation into a format like .pdf or .pptx in order to present offline. This is an issue that is more unique to Google Slides when compared to the other Google Suite offerings. Some of the functions present in Google Slides are not as robust compared to the tools in the Microsoft or other suites. This includes animations, fonts, visualization and graphing, templating, and master slides functionality.

Google Slides Makes Presentations Rock

Reviewed on 16/10/2018
Brian P.
Mathematics Specialist
Education Management, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I created prenations for my class daily. I then download it as a PDF and open it on my iPad and mirror it to the projector. I write all over the presentation with Notes. Currently there is not a way to do that directly on Google Sheets and that is why I download it to PDF and use a different App.

Pros: -Switch from Power Point to here is easy. I haven't found a feature that on Power Point but not on Google Slides
-Creating presentations with a group or team is a breeze. Share the presentation with Edit turned on and all your members can work on it from there computer where ever they are. If working at the same time you can turn chat on and communicate while working on the presentation.
-If you are the team lead, you can have your team review your presentation, but instead of editing they can "make suggestions" of things to add. You can then add what they suggested or not with a click of a button.
-When giving your presentation you can share with people with view only on. They can follow your presentation from their device but cannot make edits.
-Access your presentation anywhere you have internet.
-Easy to download to PDF

Cons: -Always bring a downloaded backup. If you don't have internet access, you cannot access your presentation.
-Be careful when building a presentation and you are working on the same slide at the same time. If you are both working in the same spot, it will only save one of your work.

Great for collaborative slide creation

Reviewed on 16/09/2019
Kalina B.
Research Programmer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I typically use Google Slides to plan large presentations with multiple presenters, using it as a place to organize - but then I export and move to PowerPoint for the final presentation, due to issues of file size and video playback.

Pros: This is *the best* software for creating slides that can be reviewed by other people, or can have multiple contributors. Multiple people can view and edit in real-time, which is simply not possible in PowerPoint or Keynote. The ability to add comments is also wonderful. It's very convenient to be able to access your slides online from any computer, and not have to copy them over on a flash drive or external hard drive.

Cons: 1) There isn't a good way to embed video in the slides. You can add a link to a YouTube video, but that is not ideal if you don't want to have to upload your videos to YouTube, or if you don't want to have to rely on a solid Internet connection to be able to present.
2) It doesn't do very well with importing/exporting extremely large files. If you try to import an existing PowerPoint into Google Slides, you may have to break it up into small manageable chunks. And, if you want to export your Google Slides into a PDF, if it is large, the images may not show up properly.

Slides tool for the ages

Reviewed on 05/09/2019
Volodymyr B.
Marketing Content Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Google Slides is easy. Since a big part of my job revolves around presenting people information - i need a swift swiss army knife of a tool and that's what i'm getting with Slides.
It is a go-to instrument for all sorts of slide-based presentations. I'm using it for onboarding stuff, market studies, technology overviews, sales pitches and human resources surveys. In each case, i can easily figure out the best format to represent information in an accessible and engaging manner.

Pros: Google Slides is easy to handle and it works well for collaborative projects. You can fine tune each element the way you see fitting. Every feature is clearly at arms length and you never feel lost about how to do this or that kind of thing.

Cons: While Google Slides is clearly molded after Microsoft PowerPoint, their compatability leaves a lot to be desired. Sometimes you transfer the file and it gets all screwed up.

Great tool for collaborative use and failsafe presentations

Reviewed on 03/09/2019
Simeón R.
Developer
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall I find G-Slides really usefull as a work tool for use in the office or for collaborative use, it provides security, flexibility and everywhere access, and allow to easily share the document with other people for review or cooperate, but of course for personal use it isn't yet a complete alternative to desktop options.

Pros: Well, maybe the best quality of Google Slides and the whole Google Drive app is the fact that eveyting stays on the cloud and is auto-saved after every change. This is what makes this suite really useful being able to access to your presentation at any moment at any place with an internet connection.
Besides the fact of being linked to a google account (or a company account which uses the G-suite) makes really easy to share the presentation with other people, either for cooperate or just to show, by just sending the link or an e-mail invitation, and the permissions are easily configurable during the sharing process.
Apart from this, Google have been adding more features over time making this app a worthy oponent to maybe not Microsoft PowerPoint, but certanly a great competitor for LibreOffice Impress, by having a bunch of configuring and formatting options and a lot of really nice templates.
When sharing, there is also the option of adding comments to the presentation that won't show once is in presenting mode, but that are usefull for the collaborators to give hints or tips, or maybe discuss the best option for doing something.

Cons: Well, bearing in mind that this is not an actual competitor for the desktop options, maybe the offline access is a bit limited, and the transition effects are also just a few.
For a fluent use it needs a good, reliable internet connection.

Amazing presentation design tool

Reviewed on 11/05/2019
Brian P.
Associate Software Architect
Financial Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use Google Slides regularly, not exclusively to make and alter introductions yet in addition to see and remark slides from other individuals. I am regularly training college courses and Google Slides has been an astonishing instrument in this specific circumstance. It is anything but difficult to get and remark on the slides of understudies. My involvement with Google Slides has been extraordinary. In the event that the instrument had progressively complex highlights, like other introduction programs, the apparatus would be impeccable.

Pros: My kindred chiefs in my organization expected to show together yet we are once in a while in reality together. Rather than messaging forward and backward or far more atrocious gathering face to face to go over our slides-we as a whole just utilized google slides from the solace of our own workplaces. Google slides makes simplicity of introduction on introduction day since we aren't all changing to new reports the majority of our commitments are in one spot! Likewise, we had the option to see every others slides to make a uniform look. When I required my slides checked on before my introduction my manager was basically ready to sign on and see as opposed to sending forward and backward. So natural!

Cons: The product on occasion runs very moderate! I normally simply need to restart the program and that would fix it yet I didn't love that. Likewise, it tends to be a smidgen dubious to make sense of how to utilize every one of the impacts. Another chief attempted to direct me via telephone it would be useful on the off chance that I could turn on having the option to see their activities so I could gain from them. She wound up simply doing all my altering for me which isn't perfect for her- - however worked out for me

Great online tool for presentations

Reviewed on 22/08/2019
Eric eduardo W.
Internship
Banking, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have been using Google Slides to make presentations, often in collaboration on the IT team to show procedures or projects to other staff. Being able to share a link made distribution easily, mostly for computers that didn't have Microsoft PowerPoint installed.

Pros: The best feature compared to other tools is the lack of software installation for showing the presentation, where most browsers will be able to show the project just fine. The interface is easy to learn, and there is a good amount of options and features to work with. It is even possible to easily show videos, a task that is painful in other alternatives such as Microsoft PowerPoint. The integration with other tools also allow for others good aspects, like having the project hosted on Google Slide.

Cons: It still lacks some features present in offline alternatives, and uploading images can be annoying on the fly.
A good fix for this is having all images ready beforehand, and having them uploaded for when you need to insert them.
I also don't recommend doing a slide on a mobile phone, as doing the same project requires a bigger amount of work and time.

The best free presentation SaaS offering

Reviewed on 14/05/2019
Janet Y.
Software Engineer
Computer Software, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Great tool for basic presentation creation and editing.

Pros: Integration with GDrive and ease of use. Google Slides provides all the necessary features for building rich presentations, all through a web interface. I'd used SlideRocket in the past but Google Slides is much easier to use and performance is better. Initially it took some time to adapt from using PowerPoint as Slides does not have the full breadth of PowerPoint features. However over time I grew more comfortable with the subset of features and the convenience factor took over. Basic alignment tools are there and Slides works well for general purpose slides. The offline capabilities are important as well, since occasionally you won't have access to the internet. Finally the pricing is great, free for use.

Cons: Most of the fonts I use in Google Slides are not standard PowerPoint fonts. When I save a Google Slides and open it using my desktop PowerPoint app, it results in font conversion which is an eyesore. I also miss some basic PowerPoint features such as presenter modes and the ability to create complex animated slides. If you are looking to import and convert other slide formats (i.e. pptx), Slides does its best but it usually won't convert over cleanly.

Google slides versatile tool for the success of your presentations

Reviewed on 11/09/2019
Carlos T.
Sales Representative
Import & Export, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: To help my daughters in their tasks, they have resolved me by saving time, when they have their doubts before an evaluation I use the slides to make mental maps and make them digestible, in my work it has been formidable when it comes to offering a product catalog or the layout of a strategy to follow

Pros: In regards to Google Slides, it is crowned as the ideal tool to carry out work presentations since it is designed for everyone, I in particular have found use in the presentations of my daughters in their classes this tool is Useful, it also has good use in teaching making the information more interactive, in my work you can organize with the work team in real time the design of the presentation to be in line with what we want to convey to our partners and customers , which is also complemented with the other applications such as google drive to facilitate even more a good presentation, with google slides I can add photos, images from the web, audio and video files among others, the slides can be organized with the different Simple, secure and reliable templates as they are compatible with most formats. It is a totally free tool we just have to enter our mail (Gmail), everything is stored in the cloud, it also has its Google technical support that is top notch.

Cons: An internet connection is needed to work
Depending on which audience it is, it is usually boring also according to the topic to be treated.
You must correct and expand the page sizes and add external elements
It has some limitations regarding informative notes but remember that it is a free version
  you can lose some animations if you want to convert PowerPoint to slides
It is a bit complicated for the one who is new in handling presentations but is digestible for a newbie,