Filter by:

• Overall

About iGrafx

The iGrafx Business Transformation Platform turns your processes into a portfolio of valuable assets, enabling true transformation.

Learn more about iGrafx

Kurt M.
Production Manager
Food Production, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2020

"iGrafx Process for Six Sigma"

Comments: I've enjoyed the software and have had an overall positive experience with it. I use it when performing or training to RCAs, I use it to develop SOPs or work instructions.

Pros: I like the ability to turn a process map into an actual simulation.

Cons: There is a lack of good training on simulation. I took the training you provide, but there was not enough "meat" to the training. I tried to perform, what I thought was a simple simulation after the training and couldn't do it. I really need to find some good training for this, to get the full value out of this software. The library of shapes and icons is lacking. Several people within our company prefer Visio for presentation value it provides and for less experienced users, they find it easier to use.

Alternatives Considered: Visio

Reasons for Switching to iGrafx: For the simulation ability. Since I can't get good training on simulation it's hard to justify the higher cost over visio.

by iGrafx on 31/03/2020

Thank you Kurt for your review and honest feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not get what was needed from your training. We would like very much to chat with you about defining a training session that is specific to the needs of your organization. Please contact us: http://ow.ly/q01p50z12JD

Lindsay T.
Sox Auditor
Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2018

"iGrafx Review"

Comments: I have had a great experience with iGrafx. Everyone I have communicated with from the company has been extremely helpful.

Pros: 1. It is easy to create flowcharts
2. There is flexibility with how to document your processes
3. The repository can store flowcharts and documents
4. There is an approval process in place
5. Document Risk and Controls

Cons: Some of the functions are not intuitive and extra guidance is needed. Currently you need to purchase consulting hours to get help. It would be nice to have more complex tutorials and how to's available for free online. Or allow the help desk to answer more complex questions.

by iGrafx on 20/12/2018

Thank you Lindsay for this kind review. You will be happy to know that we are currently working on an enhanced customer support portal for training and support.

• Reviewed on 19/12/2018
David R.
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/12/2018

"Amazing workflow diagrams!"

Comments: Great experience in creating models and diagrams to organize my projects.

Pros: As a student, I have been using IGrafx for a couple of years now. It makes creating diagrams and flow charts easy and clear to understand. The software helps me to organize my ideas and thoughts rspecially when I am working on my big school projects. Working with IGrafx is very easy and editing charts is straight forward. The app offers great variety of features and functionality.

Cons: One things that i don't like mainly is when I am moving the flow charts it accidentally move the connecting lines within them which can cause some confusions.

• Reviewed on 27/12/2018
Patrick T.
Principal Director
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2018

"Process for Six Sigma is great"

Comments: Process for Six Sigma is a great piece of software that is fairly intuitive to learn. The learning curve is not steep yet the product is quite powerful. It is clearly a mature product because I could not think of a process scenario that would not be able to be configured in the product. The ability to define variables within the software allowed me to customize it to exactly suit my use-case with specific clients. The on-screen simulation execution is an impressive thing to show to clients.

Pros: The ability to support what-if analysis of potential process changes. Design of experiments functionality also enabled us to quickly optimize processes.

Cons: The software is great. As a consulting firm, annual product licensing can be a challenge because if I am not staffed on a project when the product is up for renewal, I don't have a way to expense the cost and the license lapses.

Hello Patrick

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave these nice expressions and for your support of iGrafx.

It may be of interest to you that we now offer a subscription based model that may help with license expiration you mentioned. If you would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

John P.
Lead Solution Consultant
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 10,000+ Employees

"Ease of Use"

Comments: I have used it for over 20 years and still love it. I am frustrated when forced to use other tools.

Pros: It is intuitive in using the graphics. It is full-featured, supporting all aspects of business design.

Cons: It doesn't have the market share it deserves.

Reasons for Switching to iGrafx: Ease of Use

by iGrafx on 22/10/2020

Thank you for your review and continuous dedicated support of iGrafx.

Mark M.
Business Partner
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2021

"Process for SS"

Comments: Overall great tool

Pros: comprehensive modeling and analysis tool to drive insights into process opportunities

Cons: Like just about all of it, but can't afford to put it in the hands of everyone. Like my MiniTab subscription floating licenses allows for all to use and check in and out. So few licenses covers multiple teams.

• Reviewed on 22/03/2021
Cesar a S.
Cesar a S.
Investigación y Desarrollo
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2019

"The best tool for your business"

Comments: I like a lot this software, the way you can display and represent your work is unique.

Pros: It has the capacity to link all the elements that you need for your business, because you can create schemes and workflows that shows you all the activities that you, all the departments involves and you can see how the process runs, and determine is everything is has been doing well or it will requires modifications.

Cons: I do not have any complain about this software, maybe the price can be a limitation for some business, but it worths every penny.

by iGrafx on 20/03/2019

Thank You Cesar for the great review.

• Reviewed on 05/02/2019
Azharuddin K.
Business Analyst
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 5,001-10,000 Employees

"Igrafix"

Comments: great

Pros: - process modeling
- reports generation
- roles and tasks

Cons: - linking two separate processes
- complicated

Delisa T.
SR PROCESS CONSULTANT
Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2020

"iGrafx Review - Govt User"

Pros: Software is very intuitive to use and meets many needs within the one application. It is a great value for the amount of functionality we gain.

Cons: The repository use can be a bit clunky on occasion.

by iGrafx on 06/04/2020

Thank You Delisa for your kind review and continued support.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2020
Susan G.
Sr Business Analyst
Government Administration, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2020

"Requirement Elicitation - superb"

Comments: iGrafx helps me get a diverse team to focus on what the true business problem is that needs to be solved / documented so that new features can be implemented, or changes fully understood. Often I am in a meeting to help identify reporting needs, and hear new requirements or notice the business team is stalled while systems is going full-steam-ahead. I will use iGrafx to better define the business need - which helps business articulate their needs and system to modify what they planned to deliver to better meet business needs.
There have been multiple occasions (and I expect many more in the future) where system uses the iGrafx process model as their primary business requirements guide.

Pros: Ease of documenting requirements and gaining consensus from all participants, regardless of background - from C-suite to data entry clerk.
I use iGrafx as a business process modeling tool - and am able to, in real time, capture a business process (e.g., financial, call center, back-end-system processing, etc) while the team describes what they do. The ability to add swimlanes, comments and descriptive decision diamonds keeps my team engaged during the requirement gathering process. Many times I am able to get the process and requirements approved before the meeting is over, eliminating the need to have the team review and approve off-line, speeding up the requirements process.

Cons: I solely use the business processing component - and cannot comment on other features.

by iGrafx on 22/10/2020

Thank you for review and support of iGrafx

• Reviewed on 19/10/2020
Yusei T.
Business Flow Consulting
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2018

"Ease of use"

Pros: Extremely easy to use when it comes to creating flowcharts. Couple hours of touching to tool and you should be able to create flowcharts at ease.

Cons: I wouldn`t say there is a major issue with this software but would love to see more elements added to the web version.

by iGrafx on 04/01/2019

Yusei

Thank you so much for the kind review. You will be pleased to know that we just released iGrafx 17.5 which incorporated even more functionality into the web, including our Process Narrative.

• Reviewed on 28/12/2018
Sudamys A.
Director - Process Engineering
Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/06/2020

"Excellent Software - much an advocate of iGrafx"

Comments: I am an advocate for iGrafx. I brought it to the new company that I am in. Had to convince senior executives to purchase and went through all the tedious process, but worth the effort. It's a software I would want to have in any role I'm in.

Pros: I like how easy it is to learn how to simulate using iGrafx. I looked into other softwares before going with iGrafx in my previous company. I was impressed with functionality for the price tag. It allows me to do all and more of what I need to do and it was so easy to learn. I was simulating in a few weeks very complex client problems.

Cons: Graphics can be improved - it has customization, but nothing like an Excel per say.

by iGrafx on 04/06/2020

Thank you for your kind review and continued support of iGrafx

• Reviewed on 01/06/2020
Brian S.
Brian S.
Mgr, IT Projects & Quality Assurance
Oil & Energy, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2018

"Easy sales process and price is excellent"

Comments: Excellent company to work with.

Pros: The software was easy to implement, learn and use.

Cons: Still trying to figure out how to effectively use the shapes library and toolbar.

Hey Brian
Thanks for the great review. We would be happy to set up some time with you for a review of the shape library and toolbar. Just let us know.

Caroline A.
Higher Education, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2019

"iGrafx is a powerful flowchart software"

Comments: iGrafx is a great tool for creating flowcharts especially hierarical organization charts.

Pros: -Simple layout and easy to use on a regular basis.
-Easy way to build flowcharts.
-Few tutorials may be needed , very easy to learn.
-Easy to create graphical presentations.
-You can easily limit access to certain users.

Cons: I didn't face any problem with iGrafx but some printing issues for example sometimes the texts are too small.

by iGrafx on 17/01/2019

Thank you Caroline for the great review. We wish you all the best in your studies.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2019
Daniella M.
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2019

"Efficient tool for flowcharts"

Comments: Effective and efficient tool that makes my process easier and faster. It is a great tool for creating flowcharts. Highly recommended.

Pros: Very useful for documentation. It has a simple layout that helps me to document my process in a short time. The video tutorials are very helpful; they helped me to get familiar with the available features.

Cons: Didn't experience any issue so far with iGrafx.

by iGrafx on 20/03/2019

Thank You Daniella for the kind review.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2019
George C.
Managing Partner
Oil & Energy, 2-10 Employees

"Great flowcharting software"

Comments: I mostly use igrafx for business process modelling. For that it's very good and it's quick to develop a workflow chart.

Pros: I like the functionality, good graphics and easy to develop relatively simple diagrams - especially for business process modelling.

Cons: The symbol library is pretty limited, e.g. hard to find right symbols for electrical diagrams. Process modeling is fairly complex and the help features are a bit limited.

Alternatives Considered: Visio

Reasons for Switching to iGrafx: iGrafx has simply better flowcharting features, especially as it pertains to the visual appearance of flowcharts. It also allows one to develop simulation models which is sometimes valuable.

by iGrafx on 07/04/2020

Thank You George for your review. We heard you and are consistently looking for ways to improve our help files and tutorials. The latest release of iGrafx contains more detail and useful videos that provide instruction on some of the more widely used functions of iGrafx. Additionally, soon we will be releasing a new virtual training system to allow users to take courses on-demand.

Thank you for your continued use and support of iGrafx.

Vinay B.
Operation Analyst
Insurance, 501-1,000 Employees

"iGrafx-CSAA"

Comments: It has been helpful with documenting the process flows

Pros: Flexible, Easy to use and integration with other apps

Cons: Sometimes slow with lot of process flow in the folder

by iGrafx on 07/04/2020

Thank You Vinay for your continued support and use of iGrafx

Rohit L.
Rohit L.
IT Technical Recruiter
  • Reviewed on 26/12/2018

"iGrafx is easy to use and great tool for documentation."

Comments: IGrafx excellent product has help our organization to build many models of the organisation quickly and effectively.The Product is simple and easy to use and it enables a wide variety of model types.

Pros: IGrafx is excellent product has help us to build many models of our organizations projects like SAP and Six sigma.

Cons: It lacks sometime in basic elements structure

by iGrafx on 27/12/2018

Thank You Rohit for your review and continued use of iGrafx. We would be curious to speak to you about the element structure you mention.

• Reviewed on 26/12/2018
Jonathan G.
Associate Provost
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2020

"Best Process and Relationship Mapping Software"

Comments: Organizational structural relationships and change is the focus of my use of iGrafx. I have no desire to find a different application for this purpose: iGrafx does what I need and does it well.

Pros: iGrafx Flowcharter is easy to learn and to use. It's also fairly easy to customize to the user's particular requirements.

Cons: Nothing rises (or lowers) to the level of "like least," but I have sometimes had trouble aligning multiple connecting lines that converge in one node.

by iGrafx on 31/03/2020

Thank you Jonathan for your kind review. We really appreciate your continued support.

We would like to learn more about the alignment issue you mentioned. If you could contact us the next time it happens or provide us an example it would be greatly appreciated. http://ow.ly/fPdE50z136L

Program Officer - Executive
Executive Office, 501-1,000 Employees

"Tool of Choice"

Comments: It was easy to get started. Even if not using the app for a stretch of time I was able to pick up where I left off with little effort.

Pros: This software was very easy to use right out of the box. Was able to quickly utilize the functions that I required with minimal effort.

Cons: Customizing my favorites. The small icons related to the action in most cases not intuitive.

Nicolas B.
Managing Director
Investment Banking, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2020

"iGrafx is great for meeting the requirements of the regulation standarts"

Comments: iGrafx works great for us to meet regulatory compliance requirements with their great software and the great support team with an extensive knowledge on the features and capabilities of their product.

Pros: iGrafx provides us end to end solution infrastructure for in-company cloud deployment, risk and standards compliance in a scalable way. Their support team is maybe not fast to response but when they return they are extremely professional in their approaches to problem solution with a great expertise on the features of the product.

Cons: Support team is not fast to response to the problems that we are reporting them. Their knowledgebase which is present in their website should be improved with video tutorials. Shape and icon library, process maps visuals should be improved and local to cloud synchronization performance should be improved.

Alternatives Considered: HighBond

Reasons for Choosing iGrafx: iGrafx was more compatible with meeting the regulation standards of our company.

Switched From: Donesafe

Reasons for Switching to iGrafx: iGrafx's pricing plan was more reasonable for us.

by iGrafx on 01/12/2020

Thank you Nicolas for your support and use of iGrafx. We also appreciate your candor about support response times. Support of our customers is something we definitely take very seriously and will look into.

• Reviewed on 30/11/2020
Stella J.
Chief Information Officer
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2020

"iGrafx helps us to meet the requirements of various regulations"

Pros: We use iGrafx to decrease the cost per process, increase the process efficiency, reduce the complex processes to straightforward levels and model the business processes in a simple way.

Cons: Great experience so far, nothing to mention as negative. Absolutely impressive features.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2020
Katharina H.
Process Consultant
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2018

"Very easy to use and incredibly intuitive for a BPM Software"

Comments: My organization could easily provide a whole process landscape to all relevant people by using the online platform and the reporting. We soon also plan to use the Human Workflow component to make it easier for people to work in a process and provide all relevant information in standardized forms.

Pros: The easy-to-use user interface and the possibility to easily capture new processes. The object framework is very smart and really allows to display all relevant information for one process in one place.
The reporting capabilities are so easy to customize and just display everything you need to all relevant people by providing an easy web-based access.
If you want to improve a process, the simulation of iGrafx is very powerful and really helps you to test your what-if scenarios.

Cons: There's not that much but some minor tweaks around the conversion from older to newer versions (Desktop clients) but that's addressed soon as far as I'm aware of.

by iGrafx on 22/12/2018

Thank You Katharina for the wonderful review and for your support and use of iGrafx.

• Reviewed on 21/12/2018
Adesh S.
Enterprise Architect
Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2020

"Basic stuff is easy to do in this app"

Comments: Due to the less than straightforward UX for the advanced features, we have mostly used this for basic process diagramming. For that this is great but that is not the full value of the product.

Pros: Basic process diagramming (swim lanes) is relatively straightforward. Its easy enough to create and update these during team meetings.

Cons: The more advanced stuff like shapes, phases, export etc is not that straightforward and requires training on the tool.

by iGrafx on 31/03/2020

Thank you Adesh for your review and thank you for your continued support.

We would love to chat with you further regarding the more advanced features you speak of and how we can help with tutorials or training. Please contact us: http://ow.ly/zj7P50z13va

Shreve R.
Senior Operations Associate
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees

"iGrafx Review"

Comments: We use it to create the workflow with our account opening and account maintenance systems. We have not had any issue using it and will continue to use it.

Pros: We use iGrafx for a specific software to create workflow diagrams. Since iGrafx is easy to use and works well with our software, I like it a lot.

Cons: I have not had a problem with iGrafx. The only thing I can think of to make it easier to get to is when you click on the folder of a saved workflow, it will open up iGrafx. Instead, you have to have iGrafx already open to get to a saved workflow.

Hello Shreve

Thank you for the kind words and for your support of iGrafx. We would like to talk with you to understand more about the issue you mentioned with opening files. Please feel free to contact us.