15 years helping British businesses

About UXCam

Mobile App Analytics Market Leader. UXCam captures every micro-interaction performed on your mobile app.

Learn more about UXCam

Pros:

Cons:

No real cons that I can think of - maybe the admin interface is too sparse, some may find it lacking in bells and whistles.

UXCam ratings

4.8
5.0
4.6
4.6

9.4/10

UXCam has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 22 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used UXCam before?

Bernardo
Bernardo
CEO in Portugal
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Best software ever

Comments: Good experience I wouldn't say that's there strongest point but since I've used it I dropped GA or Mixpanel

Pros:

That it shows me exactly what went wrong instead of having to figure it out with data points

Cons:

That very very seldomly I can't access the video even though the user session shows it has benn uploaded.

Janaki Ram
CTO in India
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Great way to "see" user behavior

Comments: We develop mobile apps that help consumers when there are many choices to be made on a regular interval. For example prepaid mobile plans in India. Using UXCam, we observe users behavior within our apps. It is very helpful to understand what features are confusing them most and what users "expect" from a certain screen. By using sessions tagged with crashes, we could see user behavior before certain crashes and fix them.

Pros:

Just having the ability to "see" what the user is doing is great. Heatmaps are a very useful feature too. With them we could discover if a lot of users are clicking on the wrong places. Automatic tagging of activities in the playback is helpful too. We can shift to whichever activity is more important for us. If a user has multiple sessions, we can watch all of them together to understand the behavior as a single flow.

Cons:

Clicks are not preserved when we download videos and share.

Anya
CEO in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Indispensable

Pros:

UxCam provides instant insight into customer behavior in the app. With the help of this tool, we were able to identify numerous bugs and points of user confusion. Our users are older adults who often engage with technology in unpredictable ways which they have difficulty articulating. This "big-brother spying eye" allows us to see what users are actually doing vs what they say they are doing, augmenting user testing and high-level analytics. Absolutely indispensable.

Cons:

The most interesting longer sessions often don't get recorded, or get delayed. That's very unfortunate.

Sangyun
Software engineer in South Korea
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Listen user's voice directly using UXCam

Comments: Users don't tell us their experience easily. With UXCam, we caught user's hidden voice. Detailed screen recording let us know what components users like and dislike.

Pros:

Video recording, detailed session tracking, screen heatmap Very easy to set up Supports react-native Rapid customer service

Cons:

Detailed event analytics is less powerful.

Warren
Head of Front End in US
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

Finding the User Journey with outstanding support

Comments: Our company is creating a new way of generating a user interfaces from sentences. So, understanding the user journey through an interface is a crucial aspect of our business.

Pros:

UXCam had me at the Sankey diagram: a concise picture of how users flow through an interface. Nothing compares to the the real-time feel playing back user sessions, seeing gestures while looking at our logged events scrolling through the timeline. In one case we found a bug in our code where a hidden view was blocking user gestures on another view. For that bug alone, UXCam paid back our year's subscription. The manual setup for Carthage was pretty easy. Support for tracking down issues was fast and personal to the point of suggesting which line of our example code to fix.

Cons:

We did experience a performance hit when we requested high resolution screen recording. But, toggling to low resolution on the dashboard immediately fixed the problem -- no update needed! Would be nice to have a bit more control in setting up milestone events (such as Touch, Talk, Type) and which view controllers to ignore for the a more concise Sankey diagram.

Bob
Technologist in US

Initial Usage - Easy to setup, Intuitive Dashboard

Comments: After a short learning curve, found usage of the analytics tool to be very helpful and effective.

Pros:

* Rather simple developer-focused implementation of SDK into application code * Responsive customer service, including issue resolutions * Ease of understanding UXCam Dashboard, which includes deep dive information that could be complicated to understand.

Cons:

* Ability to allow users to provide feedback and comments on usage; ideally on a per-screen optional feeback, but end of session survey and/or voice feedback would be helpful in UI/UX desing

Alternatives Considered: UserZoom

Teresa
Teresa
Mobile Technical Lead in Puerto Rico
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Best tool for understanding mobile User Behavior

Comments: UXCam has helped our team to understand how users uses our app, figure out where they are struggling and pinpointing issues in conversion. Our whole product team uses it and every other Friday we love connecting UXCam on a TV and watching how users use our product. Additionally, the development team has also saved significant time figuring out crash issues by looking at session recording.

Pros:

Mobile Session Replay Full Screen Auto Replay Crash recording Heatmaps

Cons:

Does not provide detailed event analytics .

Ken
CEO in Israel
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Great for understanding user experience

Pros:

UXCam helped us understand the user experience in our mobile apps, I like we can see the actual video of how users use the app and find out what is working and what is not.

Cons:

I think the user experience of UXCam can be smoother.

Sulaiman
President in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Can't imagine life without it

Comments: I'm using UXCam to build my app. It's become a core part of my process and I spend most of my time in UXCam watching how users are playing with my product. This is how I'm also generating new ideas for my product based on what users are doing in the app.

Pros:

I can't image how you can build a product without UXCam. It's literally like standing over the shoulder of your customers and seeing first hand how they use our product. Other events-based analytics tools are a supplement to UXCam. But UXCam is the core tool I use to build my product and spend most of my time in.

Cons:

I have not run into any issues with UXCam. Love the product, and love the team as well which has been extremely responsive and supportive to all my requests and needs.

Jonas
CTO in Sweden
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Great tool, easy to setup and use

Pros:

The main feature of recording sessions where we can see a video playback with clicks and navigations is very helpful for understanding user behavior and improving the app. UXCam support is responsive and helpful.

Cons:

Slightly cumbersome to configure with React Native as it took me some time to realize setAutomaticScreenNameTagging must be set to false. The web interface is a bit slow at times. The fact that the free trial account is locked after the trial period even though there is a free plan is a bit odd.

Vibhu
CPO in India
E-Learning, 201–500 Employees

Best tool to do qualitative analysis of our Product (Gradeup)

Comments: Its a great cost effective tool to improve the flows of our product.

Pros:

This helps us to provide the user recording based on the part of the app which we are tracking and working to improve. It gives quality analysis of flows that our users go through and clearly showcases the flaws in the flow. Once we get to see the flaws while user is using the product we can easily fix it and improve the overall experience for old as well as new users.

Cons:

We have limited number of recordings available. So sometimes the quota gets over and we have to wait for a month to get the quota refilled.

Tri
Tri
Product Manager in Vietnam

UXCam - Good soultion for understanding user behavior on mobile

Comments: - With UXCam we can learn what user behave with out app. Therefore we can know about their pain point to improve the product quality better.

Pros:

- Easy to set up and use - Good performance for app - Good report analysis. - Price is acceptable

Cons:

- With free account, limit of video to see is 5000. If you reach it, you can not see the other. When you delete the old video you still cannot see the newer - With free account you cannot config which condition to record or not.

Brandon
Captain in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

trial review

Comments: Easy to understand and implement, but of course need more time to setup the rules and understand our user's data, so far so good!

Pros:

Very good team to help us setup and learn about the product. Excellent customer service and fast integration.

Cons:

Only need time to evaluate our user's data and gain insights on their journey, tbd!

Tanin
App Developer in UK
Utilities, Self Employed

Easy Integration, Lots of Useful Default Metrics

Pros:

It couldn't be easier to implement. Just two lines of code and boom, sessions, device model, proximity location, screen recording, all automatically logged for you.

Cons:

It looks like the crash logging doesn't work well. It has always been 0 but I've received some reports about crashes.

James
James
CEO in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

So simple

Pros:

It literally to me about 5 minutes to implement: signed up, then created a screen in my app to inform my beta testers that I'm recording screen activity and to ask for their consent, and a couple of lines of code to turn UXCam on if consent is granted. That's it. Now I can see what my beta testers actually do when they use the app. The videos are low res, which is actually good because that means it's not a high burden on the user's phone or internet connection.

Eric
Product Manager in Spain
Banking, 11–50 Employees

Really useful tool

Pros:

The ability to troubleshoot users issues, and detect their pain points.

Cons:

It requieres a decent amount of time to fully integrate and take full advantage.

Automotive, 201–500 Employees

Very useful tool to better understand user experience

Comments: The integration of the product was quite easy it took around 4 hours to set it up on both apps. After that, we were able to view all sessions and statistics easily. It gives us a better insight into our app.

Pros:

It is an insightful tool that helps us to better understand the user experience. The recorded sessions are easy to view and include version and device type a user used.

Cons:

After you reach the monthly limit you can't see the previous recordings any more.

Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

UXCam best choose

Comments: They're improving month to month so I'm pretty glad to choose this software.

Pros:

It was easy to implement and the feature were good enough

Cons:

I think the recording feature of only 50% and random should be optional, it should give the option to retrieve all recordings on a range of time.

Alex
Developer in Canada
Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

Very nice too

Pros:

It does what is supposed to. Is a great help in monitoring the behaviour of the apps. The customization is enough to get the other details you might need. The customer support was great.

Cons:

The dashboard interface design would need some improvement. It looks old and is hard to follow at first contact and is not very intuitive.

Francesca
Head of Digital Experience in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Very insightful

Pros:

UXCam has been such a valuable piece of software, extremely insightful, helping us to champion user centric design. The UXCam team are extremely helpful at all times, very supportive.

Cons:

I think it would be good to have more flexibility with subscription, be good if subscription could be toggled on/off month by month.

Aaryaman
Entrepreneur in residence in India
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Very user friendly!

Comments: It has been great so far

Pros:

It has helped us recognize the pain points of our product, it is very easy to use and essential for any new app!

Cons:

Nothing really, it has been quite good so far

Aditya
AVP Product in India
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Fantastic Product!

Pros:

Ease of use Customer care Speed of adoption

Cons:

Interface could be a bit more polished Multi-user management is a bit kludgy