15 years helping British businesses

About Soon

Employee scheduling software for modern teams.

Learn more about Soon

Pros:

The software is packed with features and they rapidly release improvements.

Cons:

The app wasn't optimal on my android phone. Would have prefered to have a downloaded app rather than browser-based.

Soon ratings

4.5
4.7
4.4
4.7

8.5/10

Soon has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 46 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Soon before?

Jiahui
Jiahui
store manager in Netherlands
Retail, 51–200 Employees

finally scheduling is enjoyable now

Comments: scheduling is a big part of my role, and my results depend on it. Soon takes care of a lot of manual processes that are a part of my scheduling work, like tracking availability or event-specific conversations. It freed up a lot of my time and energy for other important work

Pros:

pleasant intuitive UI, intelligent UX design responsive support team, lets me keep all team communication in one place for my sanity aaa

Cons:

integration with payroll but I know a few things in the pipeline, fingers crossed, I am looking forward to the next updates

6 years ago

Thank you Jiahui, it means a lot to us to hear that you have a pleasant experience using Soon. Your continuous feedback helps evolve the product in ways we could not have imagined.

Eva
Lead NP in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Perfect for healthcare staff scheduling

Comments: We’ve only been using the software for about 3 months. So far it has done what we needed and the employees have been able to adapt to the functions of it.

Pros:

The ease of set up and use. Olaf was very helpful when we needed support to make it work for our needs.

Cons:

The only thing we would like to see is the option to start work weeks on Sundays as this coincides with payroll.

Alyssa
Medewerker Beleggingservice in Netherlands
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Not user friendly

Comments: Me and my collegues arent pleased with Soon. Soon gives us more questions then help. We need a better overview. It would be great if that can be applied.

Pros:

Nothing really nothing ..........................

Cons:

No clear overview (I cant see wich collegue is working each day in a clear overview, to much text. I would like to see a clear schedule with colours when available, on vacation and so on) Not user friendly.

5 years ago

Hi Alyssa, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We've been working hard to process the feedback we got from Renard, Rick and Carla. We hope the latest update already gives you a better overview. I see your point and I'll reach out to you directly with some suggestions that might help to improve the situation for you and your colleagues. If you have more feedback we always love to hear it :)

Alberto
Alberto
Project Manager Operation in Italy
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001–10,000 Employees

The best scheduling software by now

Comments: I fell in love "soon" with the software and can't think of a better way to manage my team. It's just the smartest and easy-to-use tool for team scheduling and I've tried them all. If the boards could be seen on the same calendar it would be the ultimate software and would never change it in my life.

Pros:

As a PM I need to see the schedule of my team day by day and in a quick weekly or monthly overview to assign new tasks and see if we can insert a new big project in the schedule. Me and my team see th sam things with a great look and feel and keep on the same page. Many scheduling softwares lack the possibility of inserting a permit leave or health permit while in soon is very easy to manage, so the calendar keeps track of days in and days off and you can see it all on the same page

Cons:

The idea of having different boards is fantastic but as a PM I'd like that on the final calendar all the tasks of the different boards are on the same page. Instead you have a different calendar for every board, so I end up using only one board while it could be useful to segment the projects in different containers

Therese
Head of Planning & Digital SC in Spain
Consumer Goods, 201–500 Employees

Easy, fun & flexible shift management tool

Comments: We are using the tool for a large repacking assignment where we needed a lot of temporary manning to book work hours them selves into shifts we set up together with our 3PL provider. We needed the up and running within a day. After googling “shift planning” and testing some tools, SoonWorks easily met the mark as easy to setup and flexible for shift management. Also, ability to share a link to the job where workers could sign-up themselves, made the process of finding manning/contracting/enough people for shifts fast! For us, we also needed some info between users not be visible/and the SoonWorks team were excellent here! The team was accessible and agile, and took time to understand our business needs and give us tips on relevant functionality we hadn’t tested. We will explore using this in our factories/warehouses in future, I also think that for volunteers drives and so on, the software is very strong as workers can be added easily and book shifts themselves.

Pros:

- Easy setup, with ability to build on/expand as you go (and great support/tips & tricks as well upon questions) - we were up and running within 24 hours of selecting tool (and speed was crucial for us). - Good visual layout. - Agile development team upon questions/needs of adjustment/development. - min/max setting per shift - self scheduling function - overall value for money

Cons:

- scrolling within the shift name list could be even smoother - adding a Q&A section/information platform between management/workers would be of value

Robin
Manager Operations in Netherlands
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

A modern and great schedule tool

Comments: We used to work with Excel in the past. This was not always accurate and clear. Especially when you grow as a company in the number of employees it is suistainable to switch to another schedule tool. Soon thought about our old procedures and partly implemented them in their software.

Pros:

Soon has simplified the effort to make a solid and well-organized schedule for LYNX. The different shifts of the various departments are clearly displayed. The ease with which colleagues can view their schedule is a real improvement. Soon is an innovative and collaborative company. The implementation of Soon was therefore self-evident and flawless.

Cons:

No negative experiences so far. If something is missing or goes wrong Soon will help you with it.

Banking, 51–200 Employees

A clear app to see when you're scheduled in.

Comments: I get a clear view when I am scheduled in and if I need a cover for my shift with a few click I can request one. Very handy.

Pros:

I can see exactly when I need to work and with who. Also a lot of options to see who else is working and the groups they belong to.

Cons:

I would like to search names when they are scheduled in.

6 years ago

Hey there, thanks for leaving a review! There are currently 2 ways to search people by name. One is entering the name as text in the search box, the other is by selecting a person in the 'people' filter, this allows you to filter and select multiple people at the same time. Please let us know if this is what you are looking for or if you meant something else.

Easy Scheduling Tool

Pros:

Easy to use yet very professional. Flexible to use for different types of companies.

Cons:

Absolutely none, if there's something you don't like they will adjust Soon to your preferences.

Fey
Fey
Managing Director in Netherlands
Accounting, 11–50 Employees

Innovative and simple system

Pros:

The software is very easy to use. I like the simplistic way in which the system operates. Anyone with very little computer skills can use it. I would recommend especially companies to use this system. It gives you a good overview of what is happing with your staff and you can easily analyze how you can plan better for the future.

Cons:

I have no bad points for this system so far.

6 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Fey! Happy to hear these kind words and proud to be of use for NKM Finance.

William
William
Founder / Senior IT Consultant in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Fast, Effective Team Scheduling

Pros:

Soon is like Trello meets a calendar. It is as easy and fast to use as Trello, but includes mission-critical features necessary for managing daily scheduling. Perfect display with Kaban style cards. Honestly, the best scheduling system I've seen for teams like mine.

Cons:

We haven't had a need for many advanced features yet, so it could be missing something, but we have not found anything yet.

Reggie
Owner in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2–10 Employees

This app is amazing!

Comments: Nothing but amazing. For the most part, it does what I need it to do and the support is fast.

Pros:

Ease of use once you understand how it works and the support from the developers with questions I had.

Cons:

It does take a little time to figure out but talking with Olaf, he made it much easier to get up and running. There are some functions that I wish it had, but I did put it on a request that I hope they add in the near future.

Sarah
Teamlead Service in Belgium
Financial Services, 201–500 Employees

Planning is becoming more fun :)

Comments: Started with a vision and some ideas on planning and together we realized a very cool platform to make planning a lot easier and more fun :)

Pros:

All the features that make our planning more easy and clear for employees.

Cons:

Not easy enough to get an overview of the team or one person in particular, but that is work in progress.

Jim
Manager Servicedesk in Belgium

Promising new tooling!

Comments: Together with Soon we are working on fully automization of our team planning

Pros:

The flexibilty with making different boards creating a full overview of all items concerning planning.

Cons:

Still quite some clicks to get a complete easy to see overview.

arlette
Event manager in Netherlands
Events Services, 51–200 Employees

Event Managers dream for volunteers/staff

Comments: For event managers Soon simplistically allows you to schedule and communicate with staff/volunteers effectively and efficiently.
No more nightmare excel spreadsheets!

Pros:

Usability for the staff but also Customer support is the best!

Cons:

Theres nothing to dislike...................

Lonneke
Shiftleader Servicedesk in Belgium

Great app

Comments: Very good!

Pros:

The good overview, the easy access and very good help and quick responses from the developers for requests of new functions

Cons:

sometimes there is an error, probably something with cookies so when you delete them it is fixed.

Adriano
Consulting Business Analyst in UK
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Very effective and simple tool

Pros:

The platform does things easy and fast. That’s all what I need. Additionally, the design is attractive and looks slick.

Cons:

It would be nice to have more features incorporated and the use of third party integrations. However, I understand that the product is still in its early stages of development.

6 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Adriano. Regarding the third party integrations, which would you like to see first? Also, I'd like to invite you to join our slack community - https://goo.gl/QdXj2Q

Floris
Shiftleader Servicedesk in Belgium

Soon is great!

Comments: Soon really listens to us as a customer. When we point out we miss a certain feature and explain the priority of it, they usually deliver within a few days!

Pros:

- Beautiful design - Easy to use (for the end users) - Works great on your smartphone

Cons:

- Being the planner, I experience some minor (!) bugs. But the great thing is they are solved superfast!

6 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Floris! Your input and feedback have been invaluable to us. You truly are on the bleeding edge, which sometimes comes with a few edge cases ;)

Leon
Account Manager in Netherlands

Provides a great overview

Pros:

Overview, overview, overview! This software is a very efficient way to make schedules, even for multiple departments, or lots of employees. One can as well assign different roles to different employees. All this adds up in a nice straight-forward overview of your schedule.

Cons:

Requires some effort to learn to work efficiently with the software. However, afterwards you can implement tools like templates to increase efficiency.

Mariya
Director in Netherlands
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

The best planning tool ever!

Comments: My overall experience is - great! I enjoy very much using it!

Pros:

Everything - it's very easy to use!. It's super fast, it has a lot of great features that other tools don't. The design is amazing, it's just makes planning so easy and fun to do! Definitely recommend it to everyone!

Cons:

There is nothing I didn't like about this software.

6 years ago

Thank you for the kind words Mariya. It's a pleasure to have MyLanguage on board ;)

Jessie
Proprietor in Australia
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Simple to learn, easy to use and integrate into any business.

Comments: Overall, this is a very effective app and it has made my small business run more smoothly. My employees seem to be using it easily, and I have not had any negative feedback from them.

Pros:

This software is super easy to use and learn. I was able to invite my employees to join quickly and effortlessly, and we were all able to download the software as an app on computers and mobile phones. The customer service is also very fast and effective. Olaf even recorded a training video for me!

Cons:

No option as yet (unless I've missed it) to change already published shifts from the mobile app. I'd like to use a timesheet option, which I have been told is currently in the works, so looking forward to trialling that aspect.

roy
shiftleader in Belgium

Soon is Greaye

Comments: Daily use of agenda en planning.

Pros:

It's easy to use and the owner is willing to help the client to customize the product to its needs

Cons:

The bar where you can change weeks is not adjustable and in the way

6 years ago

Hi Roy, Thanks for your feedback. We've marked down your comment on the wish list and look into it.

Rodrigo
Logistics Engineer in US
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Great Schedule Application

Comments: I think it's great for schedule planning from small to big organizations

Pros:

You can create a well organized schedule that is reliable and easy to ready. Makes planning much more easier.

Cons:

Haven't found anything to complain about yet

Banking, 51–200 Employees

Review from Knab employee

Pros:

It's nice that there can be given names to all te workshifts.

Cons:

If you want to swap a shift, you both have to send a "cover-request".

6 years ago

We hear you ;) A faster way to exchange your shifts is in the works. It will be a true "shift-swap".

Roderick
Service Expert in Belgium
Financial Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Easy to use

Comments: I use it to Plan the working schedule for the company

Pros:

It's easy to use & control. A breeze to maintain. Has a good App

Cons:

no real minus detected so far, could specify further if I use it more

Happy to hear it Roderick :D

Geovanni
Service expert in Belgium

Good tool

Comments: Overview of working schedule

Pros:

What i like most are the Overview and Ease of use

Cons:

There is nothing that i dislike about the tool