• Overall

About Google Analytics

Analytics platform that enables businesses of all sizes to track users' behaviors, gain marketing insights and more.

Learn more about Google Analytics

Filter reviews (6,327)

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Google Analytics before?

Filter reviews (6,327)

Ravi K.
Sr. Product Manager in India
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 Employees

Your only go to analytics tool (FREE). For paid, find your use case.

4 2 months ago New

Comments: Our overall experience with Google Analytics is slightly above satisfactory. It has helped us initially to track user data both in terms of analysis and reporting. Basis which we have been able to optimise our performance marketing leading to lower customer acquisition cost, improve our funnels leading to improved conversion and further improving margins, device expansion and off brand marketing strategy basis it's demographic data reports.

Pros:

Impactful features: - GA has a freemium pricing model wherein you get a lot of functionalities in the FREE version which is majority of smaller organisation or start ups, more than sufficient. It's a go to tool for all the new products and mostly the first analytics tool to be integrated in their product. - Wide array of system reports: GA makes it easy for its user to track and analyse their users by providing access to a lot of system reports like audience demographics, acquisition reports, behaviour reports like pages visited, bounce rate, time on site etc. These reports have been helping us to do primary analysis of the users and their behaviour on the website. - Easy initial integration with detailed one for event tracking: For getting primary user data points like what pages user visits, time spent, bounce rate, unmarked acquisition channels etc, GA provides a very easy integration which is to simply put the GA pixel or script on every page of the website. This can be done by both GTM or by manually placing it in the code. - Google ecosystem: GA is part of the Google ecosystem which makes it integration with other Google products seamless. The best use cases for us are creating and exporting audiences to Ad Manager and integrating Google Optimize (AB test tool we use) with GA for detailed insights on the AB test experiments.

Cons:

Features to improve: - First and foremost is speed of data extraction which needs to be improved a lot. GA takes a lot of time to pull out data, even on system reports. Now this becomes really critical when we are analysing a data set or trying to troubleshoot a problem. This breaks the momentum and sometimes is frustrating. - Custom reports to be made easy: In custom reports we have to first create the structure of the report, save it and then only we can if the report fetches any data or not. This needs to be improved so that reports can be validated right there and then. - Lack of core implementation for publishing and lead-gen websites: The way GA provides e-commerce integration, it lags in providing an implementation for lead-gen websites as their use case, many-a-times, is more than a simple lead, but there are various types and qualities & qualification of leads.

Tiffani L.
Marketing Data Analyst in US

Excellent, but it has its caveats.

4 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, I would rate my experience with Google Analytics 9/10. I believe it is an outstanding platform for a free application. If it wasn't for the amount limitations I've experienced with simple things within the platform, I would have rated this 10/10.

Pros:

The thing I find most appealing about Google Analytics is its ease of implementation as well as its ease of use. While taking a course prior to using Google Analytics isn't entirely necessary, I highly recommend prior to implementing and utilizing Google analytics that you take a course online to understand the ins and outs of the platform. There is a ton of free information out there on Google Analytics that can really help new users quickly learn the platform. The more you familiarize yourself with Google Analytics, the better you will become at leveraging the platform for your particular business needs. This platform overall is great because it's free and can provide a very solid foundation for your business analytics.

Cons:

It took me a while into using the platform to figure out what can be improved for Google Analytics. While it is an excellent platform to use for your business traffic analytics, I would advise people to be aware that it does come with its limitations. For example, you're limited to the amount of widgets (graphs, charts, etc.) you can include on one dashboard. For some users, this may not be a big deal, however for my company, this was a bit of an issue at times. This is a simpler example of Google Analytics' limitations, however once you dig a bit deeper into the platform and deal with events, goals, adding custom dimensions and metrics through APIs, you will likely find limitations in your corner with regards to the configuration of your data in some instances. This is why I would advise anyone to research using Google Analytics prior to implementing it. F=I would like to point out that for companies with ecommerce platforms, I've observed that this is the best type of website to utilize Google Analytics for.

Craig S.
Small Business Owner in US
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

Easy to use Analytics tool for Newbies

4 2 years ago

Comments: Using Google Analytics tracking software is easy and provides the analytical insights about my customer traffic, engagement and conversion funnel. So, I can optimize my e-commerce website content, marketing and products to increase sales. But due to limited support from Google and no development or coding experience, implementing enhanced e-commerce tracking was not easy and made me spend more time than I would have wanted before going live. If Google can provide e-commerce tracking developer resource, it would help newbies like me get the best optimization insights in lesser time.

Pros:

I implemented Google Analytics tracking on my e-commerce website. So, I could track where traffic is coming from, on what products it is converting and who are my customers. My favorite feature of Google Analytics is Shopping Behavior because it showed me the complete funnel of sessions of customers who engaged with product banners, how many of those customers ended up going to product detail pages, who from those added items to their shopping cart and finally how many bought the products. When I analyzed this funnel, I was able to determine the list of customers I could re-target so they bought more.

Cons:

Implementing enhanced e-commerce tracking to correlate customer traffic and engagement with product performance was the most challenging part of Google Analytics implementation. Because I didn't have coding background and I never hired a professional developer. I tried to self serve by reading support documentation on Google's developer portal. Although that portal is pretty comprehensive with examples of code snippets, I didn't feel confident about customizing the code to fulfill my analytics needs. The concept of custom dimensions and custom metrics, scope and how to send data was complex.

Umair B.
Manager in Pakistan
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

The awesome tool to Track your Website Traffic

5 2 years ago

Comments: I am using Google Analytics for my personal Websites. According to my experience Google Analytics is the best and professional tool to analyze your website traffic. I can easily see the number of queries, which keywords people are using and how they can find my website pages. I can easily check on which search page my website is appearing. I have added sitemap of my websites in the Google Analytics, so my pages index quickly in the Google search engine. Whenever I add a new page or a new post or a new product in my website, I use the feature called (Fetch as Google) in Google Analytics. So my page, post or product appears in the Search engine within two to five minutes. Sometimes I also remove pages from my website just because of any reason, then I also remove the page from my Google Analytics account, so the 404 error doesn't appear in my Account. So overall my experience with Google Analytics is really incredible and fabulous. Because the Search engine optimization of my websites has been improved and I can include or publish the data in my website according to the users requirements.

Pros:

The traffic analyze tools are really awesome of Google Analytics. I can easily track the visitors of my website. If you are using E-commerce website then you can also include or add the products according to the users queries and keywords. We can add the Sitemap of our website in the Google Analytics, so the pages can appear in the Search Engine very fast. We can add or remove pages from the Search Engine. The process is really simple, just add your website in the Google Analytics account and start tracking the visitors of your Websites.

Cons:

According to my professional and personal experience, everything and every tool of Google Analytics is awesome. Even Google have changed the interface of Google Analytics. There is a new interface, so if you are an old user, you will have to learn few things in the new interface. But these new things are also really awesome.

Daniel C.
Daniel C.
Marketing Manager in US

For free analytics software, it's very robust

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, I rely on this web application. The data's mysteries can't always be teased out with ease, but GA does make said data as clear and well presented as possible. If you utilize Google Analytics long term, you'll find it's versatile and expansive. A product which does more than it says on the tin, and does it for free.

Pros:

I use Google Analytics every week, sometimes every day. It's my tool for monitoring traffic performance on our site. While GA doesn't allow us to examine individual known or tagged user's repeat paths to or through the website, it gives us incredible insight into aggregate visitation and use. We see how many users arrive organically or from referrals; how many arrived from X website vs Y and Z; which landing pages they came in on; which pages they navigated to after that. It's like watching a weather system. While weather systems are a bit more predictable (ha!), the data GA provides is still highly precise in the moment and over time - and it is invaluable. There is so much content available, we can't possibly look at and leverage it all every day.

Cons:

While any individual lever is very easy to manipulate, knowing which to pull and when isn't for casual users. You must come in with some digital marketing background, and then you must study the software. Not just in general, in the context of your own website. Which elements you choose to ignore completely, which elements you examine over long vs short term, and which data is actionable - those all come from intimate understanding of your website's performance and purpose. For this reason, there's a bit of a learning curve. A bit of onboarding. Google has automated this process, which means you won't find help from a human when you most need it. I imagine that their high price paid version of the software funds its own support team, but it's a shame there is no intermediate option. Or at least there wasn't when we signed up years ago.

Software Engineer in US

Analytics solution that grows with your project

5 2 years ago

Comments: I have been using Google analytics for several years both for professional enterprise software as well as personal projects. Google analytics is different from some other competitive products in that with GA, you get an aggregate view of the user behavior. Generally, this has been sufficient for new and growing apps, where I am trying to understand use behavior as a whole. I am extremely grateful that Google has offered this product for free to developers with lower traffic rates. The information I can learn from analytics is absolutely vital in the early stages when trying to understand what is working and what is not working; long before the operation becomes profitable. I have some projects that steadily get thousands of hits per day and others that get near 0 hits, but in both scenarios the analytics software works perfectly as expected even when the audience size scales. Some of the great features of google analytics are not discoverable until you have significant amounts of traffic, but I can attest the product overall is extremely helpful at that point. Most recently I added Google Analytics to my project yesterday. after several years of usage it is still - and will continue to be - my #1 go to product when choosing an analytics package.

Pros:

Google Analytics offers lots of great features that make me choose it over competitive products: - Easy setup and customization; I have used it with websites rendered on a server and single-page apps - Ability to observe user behavior in real time - Web interface has excellent tools for creating custom reports and dashboards - Native apps let me check on the data when I'm away from my desk -- in fact the mobile app is my favorite way to study the data - When working with multiple apps, the program does a good job keeping everything organized - The free quota is very liberal, and this is very helpful and necessary when launching new bootstrapped apps and when funds are limited

Cons:

Here are some of my pain points with Google Analytics: - When I add new projects in the mobile app, I must spend a lot of time to set up the reporting views. The app comes with built-in views, but I prefer my own. I have setup these custom views for other projects before. I wish I could easily clone my previous report view into the new project. If this feature does exist, it is too difficult to find even though I am a frequent user. I would like to see Google implement this feature. - Sharing reports and views in the GA web application works well between two or more projects that I own; however, sharing dashboard template with team members who are collaborating with you on a project has always been challenging. I have tried a couple of times and so far I have not been able to do this successfully

Subash B.
Subash B.
Co-Founder in India

A Quintessential Tool to Improve Business Performance.

5 3 years ago

Comments: Google Analytics provides you data on traffic from all sources - be it paid, organic, referral, etc. So irrespective of you are a small blogger or an e-commerce site selling millions worth of merchandise per day, Google Analytics is a quintessential tool that will help you improve your business performance. Irrespective of Goals & KPIs - be it grow traffic, increase engagement, grow leads or conversions, increase revenues, etc - Google Analytics is a single tool that will help you move the needle - give you enough data and insights to improve your decision making and realise your goals.

Pros:

1. Can track anything and everything that happens on your website and apps. It's so powerful. 2. It's free (for the basic version). 3. Powerful data analytics capability to help decision making. 4. Can handle massive volumes of data in a simple & easy way. 5. The paid version of Google Analytics - that is Google Analytics 360 is more powerful - so if you need more its available on tap but is expensive.

Cons:

1. Heat maps are not available fully - on the console itself - although a rudimentary option is available to view it on the website page itself. Needs improvement. 2. It's like a balloon - you can get more if you take the effort to learn and the learning curve is also very steep. 3. Reports and data visualisation are taken away and created on another platform called Google Data Studio, the functionality should have been added to Google Analytics itself. 4. It's tricky to setup tracking for deeper elements and also the key functionality of setting up is broken away into another tool called Google Tag Manager - again the functionality should have been on Google Analytics itself. 5. Organic data points like search terms are left out of Google Analytics and another tool called Google Search Console needs to be used to get relevant data.

Esra K.
Esra K.
Research and Development Director in Turkey

Best tool to analyze your website!

5 3 years ago

Comments: Google analytics provides us meaningful insights about our website so we can improve it accordingly, attract new visitors and increase our potential customers.

Pros:

I think Google Analytics is one of the most useful tools that Google has provided us with reporting. Thanks to Google Analytics, we are able to recognize and act on our web site. Google Analytics provides us with our visits of our potential customers and more detailed information about how we can reach our new customers. You can gather below information: How often is your website visited? Where is the location of your users? Which pages are receiving more clicks? On what page do users spend more time? What is the average time a user spends on your website? What are the actions that user takes on your website? Is the user entering your website by using a mobile phone or a desktop computer? Time is very important for your website's potential visitors. It indicates whether the visitor has arrived by mistake or to inspect your website. It also shows how much time they spent on your page or product in detailed reports. This shows how much visitors are interested in which products you have. So, by moving the most visited product to the forefront, you can provide more indexing of Google Search engines and reach new potential customers. You can get information about which product results in higher rates by adding keywords to the product details.

Cons:

It takes time to get used to the integration. Documentation is good but still, it should get better.

Stanislav G.
Stanislav G.
Digital Marketing Specialist in Bulgaria

The Best in Digital Analytics

5 3 years ago

Comments: As a Google Analytics certified professional, I am a true proponent of the product. It can be used by anyone (even absolute novices) to monitor site visitors and general ups and downs related to performance, be it from paid or organic. A typical Analytics user is the business owner who doesn't know much about the product or digital marketing, but can still use the product to keep an eye on things - ease of use is sufficient.
On the other hand, we have all the professionals - digital marketers or even hard core data analysts that can solve very complex business problems, some of which are unknown to the business before looking at the data.

Pros:

The sheer number of ways you can look at data. Most often I've found myself needing to check traffic from a particular channel - whether it has been organic when analyzing SEO results, or paid when trying to verify PPC campaign reporting, get an overview of all paid channels, or dig deeper and actually segment data from PPC campaigns to gain additional insight. Google Analytics provides you with everything needed to analyze where your traffic is coming from and what it is doing on your website. You can typically answer all of the following questions by using Google Analytics - are there any particular pages that cause my visitors to leave more often than others, which are the pages that are driving most of my desired actions (conversions or goals), why is my site getting +50% more traffic like reported by my digital agency, but we're not getting anywhere near the increase in bottom line results. Behavioral flow is something in particular which is worth noting as a major pro. I haven't seen other platforms that offer this functionality and although it is quite hard to get your head around at first, one you do there is no limit to the amount of insights one can generate to assist with conversion rate optimisation or just improve flow through the website as needed.

Cons:

There is a bit of a learning curve involved, but that is not a con of the product. Google even have an Academy where you can learn about Google Analytics and even get certified.

Virginia B.
Virginia B.
Communications Manager in US

Google Ads: Getting into the "Googler" Mindset

5 3 years ago

Comments: This tool has helped gain better insight into the mindset of a “Googler” as opposed to a marketer and has helped our organic traffic grow enormously.

Pros:

Google Adwords is by far the most useful online advertising platform I have come across yet, but not for the obvious reasons. Google Adwords has various features that can serve as beneficial to any small business to large enterprise needs. My preferred tool is the keyword planner, which provides you with insight into the most popular search terms with an average monthly search volume and competition for each. Since Google has certainly monopolized today’s search engines I would strongly recommend using it as your first resource when searching for key terms to include in your campaigns, website, and SEO purposes. For more insight into the search terms that you are already ranking for and is bringing organic traffic back to your website you can look into Google Analytics and cross reference those phrases with Google Adwords to see if there are alternatives or better opportunities for you to rank in this niche. Ultimately, you are looking for key terms that have a low competition with a high monthly search volume. The secret… you want low competition and high search volume. The keyword planner also lets you set up ad groups based on phrases that pertain to specific ad or topic and provides a bid estimate to give you an idea of how much it would take to run that campaign.

Cons:

When setting up a Google Adwords account it is easy to get stuck in the billing cycle. If you don’t wish to have a card on file or would just like to use the keyword planner to get ideas or improve on SEO you can opt out of the payment process when you first create your account. Because we are a fairly small company we have not seen much monetary payoff for our campaign initiatives, which was limited due to a smaller marketing budget. If you want to see results you are going to have to spend the money or the ad may not reach the intended audience or large enough quantities for it to make an impact. For smaller companies, I suggest spending your time increasing your SEO, using the keyword planner - as you can gain a bunch of organic traffic to your website if done correctly and it’s free. Tips: One way to ensure the key terms or phrases you intend your content to show for is to complete a search for that term in Google and analyze its results. You can also you MOZ’s plugin to compare the page authority and domain authority of the other websites shown in the search results to get a better idea if your word or newly selected word would outperform some of the current results of the first page shown on Google.

Alfredo M.
Alfredo M.
Gerente de Comunicaciones Internas in Venezuela
Telecommunications, 5,001-10,000 Employees

An ally for our web pages

5 3 years ago

Comments: I work in a telecommunications company and we manage different websites. In particular, in our communications management we administer a website that can only be viewed by internal audiences and another site that is directed to the external public of the company and the community in general. For example, this tool has allowed us, in the case of the internal page, to know the interests of our workers regarding the news published by the company. Knowing what you want to know about our organization and has allowed us to detect that the news that reports on labor benefits, promotions and salary adjustments are the most visited month by month. In the case of our external website, the tool allows us to visualize that the community that visits our site does so to obtain information about plans and services, as well as top-ups for their mobile devices.

Pros:

Using Google Analytics is essential when managing a web page. Since this tool allows you to have a comprehensive statistical analysis on traffic and the general behavior of our website, free. - The first benefit of this tool is that it is free. - It is easy to install or apply to our website. - This tool is great to have a daily record of how many people visit our website. - It offers detailed statistics about each of the URLs of our site that are most visited. - Generates daily navigation reports, visiting hours and busiest places. - Shows the number of visits to the site in real time on each of the pages. - It details the average duration of each visit, something that allows you to analyze the contents published there to make improvements. - Register the bounce rates of our website.

Cons:

- I found it difficult to provide access to new users so that they can also review the statistics on the website. - Only the person who has access can see, online, the statistics that the tool shows. This has generated that in our daily practice only one person must export the reports to present them to the managers of the company. - If an account is disabled all the registered information is lost. That's why the tool forces us to take care of that initial registration as if it were gold.

Torikul I.
Torikul I.
Freelancer - Web Designer & Developer at Fiverr in Bangladesh
Program Development, Self Employed

The best free website analytics tool I've used

5 6 months ago

Comments: I'm using this software for a long time for my client's websites, even myself. It makes my work process much easier and faster. Google Analytics helps me to get a perfect analytics of a website, I just love this tool.

Pros:

I can check my website analytics perfectly. Website verification on Google Analytics is super easy even it allow me to verify Google Search Console just in one click. It is important to me to track my visitor's location, country, season duration, real time active users, means a proper analytics of my website. And I got all these things on Google Analytics, even more than it.

Cons:

I can verify my Google Search Console with verified Google Analytics account. But I can't verify Google Analytics account through verified search console account. As well as I often get a blank page report on analytics page. Inside, "What pages do your users visit?" tab my website pages shows up, but at the top, there is a blank page without any meta info. It does not make any sense, I think this software need to fix some bugs like that.

Michele B.
IT in Italy
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees

This is How You Track Anything

5 2 years ago

Comments: I started using it by just tracking page views and that was it. Then, in time, I started delving into more complicated settings and tracking more valuable insights. If I had the time to spend months in it, I'd still find more interesting things to keep track of and evaluate. Getting started was extremely easy, all of 3 seconds. And then you have an endless amount of tweaks and new features you can work on, in time and when needed.

Pros:

It is as easy to begin using as possible, and allows as complicated a setup as you wish to have, allowing you to go as deep in your analysis as you are willing to invest time in it.

Cons:

There is not much to dislike at all here. It's part of the Google ecosystem, so you have to understand you're using a Google product. That is not a con, just something to keep in mind.

Regional Digital Provisoning Manager in Barbados

A Must Have For Website Owners & Developers

4 3 years ago

Comments: Google Analytics integrates with just about every web platform we use to enable us to do real-time analysis of what was going on with the traffic on our sites. The built-in scheduled reports feature helped us save time while also staying up to date with the traffic and conversion patterns on the site.

Pros:

With all the other ways of measuring online traffic, Google Analytics is still one of the most reliable platforms around. With this platform you can see historical and real-time traffic data, the sources, bounce rate, and how visitors are navigating through your site. Two of the best features of GA are the ability to set up goals to measure whatever online conversions are expected from the site and the dashboards which can also be sent out as scheduled reports. GA simplifies the site monitoring process by presenting a clean interface which can be customized to show whichever metrics are most important to the site owner.

Cons:

One annoying thing about Google Analytics is the way how linking between analytics and a few other platforms is handled. Users who want to link a GA view with some other platform must have admin rights on both and be logged into both at the same time. This is fine if all the properties and accounts belong to one person but when you're working with clients customized it can get tedious. Some level of trust must exist as one party must give the other admin access (even if only temporary) to make the link,

Amit M.
digital marketer. in India
Internet, Self Employed

A very helpful tool for digital marketers

5 12 months ago

Comments: My overall experience with this tool has been Good, but it was quite difficult for me, in the beginning, to integrate analytics into the website, the task seemed a bit difficult, but after setting it up. I almost enjoyed watching and seeing my website analytics.

Pros:

What I liked most about this software is that it is free. You don't have to pay a dime for analysis of your websites. Another thing is trust. People trust Google. This Software can be trusted blindly. It shows all the information like demographics, Users, Sessions, bounce rates, interest, geographical locations of visitors at one place and you can easily understand the performance of your website in one place. Earlier it was quite difficult for a new user to integrate analysis into the website, but now with the invent of Sitekit plugin that task has also become easy. Another Pros of the tool is that you can find out which devices your users are using for eg mobile, desktop or tablet which most of the paid tools also cannot offer. You can check out which of your pages are performing well and which are not. Pros are many but these are some of the most useful pros.

Cons:

One Con that I noticed about this tool is that you have to link webmaster tools with analytics and use them separately. It would have been better if Google could integrate Google Analytics and Webmaster tools together at one place and make only one single best tool for webmasters instead of keeping the things into pieces. Because of the separate tools webmasters have to buy paid tools like SEMrush or Ahref which shows everything at one place and under one platform. It would be better if Google could make their own tools for webmasters which would help them for ranking purposes.

Andrew R.
Marketing Strategist in US

Google Analytics Review

5 2 years ago

Comments: Great! I use it daily at my current agency and handle all set up, implementation, and reporting. This is my go to for website tracking and integrations nicely with Google Ads which is another huge part of our business.

Pros:

Google Analytics is free and is essentially the industry standard for tracking. All other Google tracking tools like Tag Manager and Optimize integrate seamlessly. The amount of website data you can track is amazing and your ability to segment, build reports, and integration with just about any reporting software is honestly impressive.

Cons:

Can feel bulky at times, but honestly it's not that bad. Certain instances will cause the program to error out. Also, when it comes to data privacy, a little more hand holding would be appreciated as the software enables you to track a huge amount of data.

Director of Marketing in US

The best analytics tool available

5 2 years ago

Comments: We have been able to measure everything on our website and our clients' websites. This data has allowed us to improve our marketing efforts and drive more revenue.

Pros:

Google Analytics is easy to set up, has incredible documentation, and allows you to track just about everything you could possibly need. The reporting options are solid and have been greatly enhanced by Google Data Studio.

Cons:

While the reporting is good, it's not as visually appealing or easy to read as Adobe Analytics. This is especially true of the event reporting. Additionally, the pathing reports are pretty limited compared to what you get from Adobe Analytics.

Technology Specialist in US
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

Valuable to visualize and Monitor your Application Data

4 9 months ago

Comments: For better decisions and calculating your ROI, we should always need to collect analyze the product results properly. Google Analytics is really a game changer in that phase, starting from setting up the campaign to analyze the results everything is easier to setup and easy to work in the collaborative way.

Pros:

One of the best thing with Google Analytics is, easiness, it is easy to implement and adoptable as per the needs. Easy to create our custom goals and track against the user traffic, it doesn't really require any major training. And, we are utilizing the Google Analytics for both our Mobile (through Google Tag Manager) and Web application through Google 360 Suite. The new Ga4F property helps to visualize both the Mobile and Web in the same dashboard instead utilizing the different containers set for the product needs. Data visualization and extraction is easier and also customizable to through the reports.

Cons:

The time to update the data in the events section needs improvements, even we refresh the dataset or report multiple times it is taking a differentiable amount of time to update the data in the behavior section. Sharing the custom reports across containers is required capability and also to create the unified reporting across platforms needs experts help if you are switched to GA4F

Joseph A.
Joseph A.
Director in US
Marketing & Advertising, 10,000+ Employees

Google Analytics, Standard for Inbound Site Metrics

5 last year

Comments: We like it. Google Analytics is easy to use, up to date, and transparent. We are able to quickly review data and make actions upon it to make the site experience better for users along with generate sales.

Pros:

We primarily use Google Analytics to track website activity such as sessions, page visits, time spent, and the bounce rate of our client’s website. We also use it to track online advertising campaign measurement based on the inbound traffic. It was relatively easy to set up overall, and did not take time.

Cons:

It is mostly direct site traffic and does not really measure attribution that well when it comes to sales. A lot of it is last click, we prefer a multi-touch model.

SEO Specialist in Bulgaria
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees

A must use tool for the majority of websites

4 3 years ago

Pros:

Best thing is that it's free and basically easy to set up initially. You don't need developer knowledge to use its basic features and you get a lot of value - understanding your audience and customer behavior. You DO need however some coding experience to use advanced features as tracking specific user actions on website, setting up goal funnels, implementing e-commerce tracking, cross-device tracking, using custom dimensions, etc. This however is well explained in Google analytics developer documentation. You can link to other Google products like Google Ads, Google Search console and Google optimize to get more data into Google analytics. Another helpful feature is the offline data import - which can help you import for ex. CRM information into Google analytics to help you make better analysis of conversions and customer behavior.

Cons:

It really takes a lot of time to master and get the maximum of the tool. There are some limitations like data sampling in reports or other features which are missing in the free Google Analytics but you can get with the Premium (Google Analytics 360) - which is really costly. The free version also has a limited number of goals, custom dimensions, custom metrics you can set (20 of each).

Abid S.
Abid S.
Manager Operations in Pakistan
Banking, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Best and Incredible Web Analytics Service

5 2 years ago

Comments: My overall experience with Google Analytics is really awesome because I always use this for my own websites and apps and sometimes I have to use this for my digital marketing clients. Because I show my clients how the visitors are visiting their websites and how they can improve the content of the websites and apps. For my own blogs, I really love the real-time report. The behavior section is also really incredible where we can see the site content, site speed, site search, events, and publisher.

Pros:

Google Analytics is the best platform where you can see the detailed analytics report of your website users. You can see realtime users along with their locations and traffic sources. The detailed Audience report allows you to check the active users, demographics, interests, geo, behavior, technology, mobile, cross-device, and lots of other things. You can add your properties and apps to Google analytics. Just paste a code in the HTML of your website and start checking the analytics report of your website.

Cons:

This is a very professional and awesome product of google. The interface, dashboard, and all options of this platform are really easy to understand and use. Only beginners need time to learn this product from scratch to the advanced level. All features are really nice.

Barbara F.
Management Consultant in Mexico
Management Consulting, Self Employed

A Complicated Integration Must-Have Tool for Website Owners

5 7 months ago

Comments: Overall, Google Analytics is worth the hassle because it's free. When it's functioning properly, it helps you identify how traffic is flowing onto and away from the site, and what the visitors are doing in between entry and exit. With this insight, it's easy to spot hits and misses and make adjustments accordingly. So overall, I still consider this to be a must-have website tool for me and all my clients.

Pros:

The best thing about Google Analytics is that it's free. If I had to pay for it, I would be much less satisfied, but there's a baseline of forgiveness because it doesn't cost anything. Google is THE search engine and Google Analytics is THE tracking tool that provides the best insights about website metrics, trends, and productivity. My favorite thing about it is the real-time traffic graph, which shows the immediate results of your distribution and promotion efforts. That's fun to engage with!

Cons:

I've used Google Analytics for more than a decade. As time goes on, it gets more robust and detailed, but also more convoluted and complicated. The integration with Wordpress is particularly frustrating, glitchy, and unreliable. There's always something difficult about the setup of Google Analytics on Wordpress sites these days.

Christoph M.
Notary in US
Legal Services, Self Employed

Must have for small businesses that offer online services

5 last year

Comments: I use it 2-3 times per week to check the performance of my website and every day when I make adjustments to my advertising strategy.

Pros:

I love that Google Analytics gives you a lot of opportunities to optimize your website. If you run Google Ads, Google Analytics is a must have. My business offers remote services worldwide and the behavior of people outside the US can be different compared to domestic customers. Google Analytics makes it easier to specifically target potential customers in other parts of the world by analyzing their behavior on the website in certain scenarios that you can create.

Cons:

Plan a while to get used to it. I would consider myself a tech savvy person, but it is VERY complex if you really want to get the most out of it. Even though it has a lot of features, I feel like Google could optimize the UI a bit more.

Dianne V.
Consultant in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Installed for every client

5 2 years ago

Comments: It is so important for managing website performance, I automatically Google Analytics for every website client (and I have over 30). Even when the reports are not provided to the client, I use it to monitor performance and issues like missing pages and spam.

Pros:

This provides good graphs that my clients can understand. I really like that aspects for website performance I never thought would be needed, are available historically. I live being able to drill down for the detail and the flexible comparative data. I like that I can set up a template report and use it for multiple clients. Clients can go and view their own data if they wish. The automated emailing of stats to users is very useful, and really helps my clients.

Cons:

I worry about the security of the data. It is more difficult to set up than you think - for example I could get a overall figure for downloads, but not exactly which files were downloaded. This data is available on some worbsite but not on others, and I can't find out why. The support is non-existent, you have to hope other users are having the same problem, and that someone in the community provided an answer that is accurate. I would like to be able to block robot traffic because it skews statistics.

Zamruddin S.
Zamruddin S.
IT Trainer in India
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees

Google Analytics is best tool website analytics tool

5 9 months ago

Comments: It's the best tool for my business, I love to use this for the website, every day I use this tool to know about the audition that comes to my site. and purchase something or not, or how many times they spend on my site, That all questions answer on this single tool. Now I am using the tool for almost 7 years, With multiple sites, And that works perfectly.

Pros:

Google Analytics is the best ever analytics tool forever. The best thing about this tool is it's created by Google and Its Tool is Free forever. And Installation of this analytics tool is very simple. A beginner can easily insert this code into their Website/Smartphone App as well. After that, this can give you real-time information about over site. we can easily create multiple types of performance reports regarding our website. And If You never use this tool you can go to Google Analytics Academy where you learn from beginner to advanced level with Google Certification as well. That can help you to get a job in a bigger company with a very good salary.

Cons:

Google Analytics has a lot of tools and functionality, If you never use that it's very hard to start working on it. You need to practice day by day then you make use of this tool.