Huge Time Saver!

Reviewed on 13/09/2019
Chance T.
General Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Mine is a 24 unit motel and I could not compete with the bigger hotels constantly changing their rates. I used to have to change my rates on the OTAs manually. I had to do Expedia et al on one site and Booking.com et al on another. I usually had to adjust different room types and days individually. It took a lot of time. This was AFTER I reviewed all of my competitors' prices and decided on mine.
Even without a truly comparable hotel in my area, Genie helps me to better determine rates, see trends, react to others' changes and maximize profit.

Pros: Easy to use. I can set minimums and maximums. I can override the pricing if I want. It updates ALL of the OTAs automatically when I make a simple adjustment and several times a day when it checks my competitors' rates. The customer service team is great! They get back to me right away and help with questions. I can finally adjust my rates like the other hotels. Before, I would spend a lot of time determining and changing rates, only to have my competitors react to my new rates , and I didn't have time to start over.

Cons: It isn't Genie's fault, but I don't have any really comparable competitors for my competitive set. It still helps a lot and saves so much time, but if there were true comparable competitors, it could do more.

Increase Your REvenue with RoomPriceGenie

Reviewed on 24/07/2019
Natalia A.
Innkeeper
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We signed up with Room Price Genie about a year ago after watching their highly informative (and entertaining) video clip on YouTube. What made us sign up was that we realized that small B&Bs, inns, and hotels are losing money both in high season (pricing too low) and in low season (pricing too high). It was exactly our story - we just don't know how to price well in relation to the local competition. And since we are located in a very dynamic area - by major international airport - hotel prices change daily, if not hourly. Room Price Genie created a logarithm for us to reflect the local economy and help us climb peaks and valleys. As a consequence, our ADR got lower, but our RevPAR got higher, reflecting higher occupancy and improving the efficiency of our property. What we really like is that on any specific date we can create our own mark-up or discount if we feel that the logarithm is not on target. This is might be true in times of inclement weather, local events, airport closures or group reservations. Updates go into the system immediately and we are still in control. But when we cannot control things - serving our guests - the system does the pricing for us without fail. A month after month we see an improvement in our performance. Customer service is excellent and support is available quickly.

Pros: The software is beautiful, very easy to use, set up by the host, flexible enough to incorporate our situation on the ground, accurate in relation to local competition, provides an immediate update to the PMS.

Cons: We like everything. There are hardly any negatives about the software. In six months they made at least one complete overhaul of the system - giving even more clarity and flexibility to users. So the system is fresh and constantly being improved and updated.

Excellent tool for property owners - strong value proposition, easy to use, great result

Reviewed on 25/07/2019
Marc S.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Before RPG, we spent a lot of time scanning competitor pricing and adjusting prices manually. We did a lot of last-minute deep-discounting of rooms to clear inventory. The sales process and implementation were very smooth. The couple of questions we've had while using the tool were answered quickly and helpfully.

Pros: We are big fans of this software. RPG provides us the information we need to make daily decisions that would not be able to make without it. We are confident in the pricing information we receive keeps us competitive without underpricing the rooms. We are clearing more inventory at a much stronger RPN than without it.

Cons: The team continues to add functionality. There one or two things I wish it did, but I understand that these will be included before too long. Therefore, there is nothing to say here.

Excellent value, great customer service, easy to use

Reviewed on 18/06/2018
Tracey W.
Hospitality, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: As we don't have an integrated system I am updating availability daily. Although I thought this might be arduous and time consuming, it really isn't. Very easy to use. Customer service is excellent, giving clear instructions where necessary. Really good value product helping us sell rooms is an ever competitive market.

Cons: There is nothing I don't like about this software. If we had an integrated system it would be a doddle to use.

Highly recommended

Reviewed on 14/06/2019
Thomas J.
Managing Director
Hospitality, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The software is very easy to set up and use. This programme runs in the background multiple times a day to check your occupancy and the overall market and automatically updates prices to your PMS. So far we have seen good returns and as we start to fine tune the settings we are really getting the most out of the product. Customer service has been fantastic, always available to speak on the phone or over email. The information is displayed in a neat and logical way.

Cons: Nothing to report at this time. The product is continually being updated and improvements are made regularly.

Couldn't be happier

Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Daníel S.
ceo
Hospitality, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: After contacting them I instantly received an answer. All questions or requests are usually dealt with instantly and our needs regarding price management have been met in every way. The service feels very professional and it has given us a lot of insights into how we can fill our rooms sooner for the best possible rates at any given time.

Pros: Room price Genie has made a huge impact in our company since we started using it. The price suggestions are spot on, the system is easy to use and the customer service team is phenomenal. The pricing is fair and you immediately feel the benefits and value it brings.

Cons: Dont have anything negative to point out at this time.

Excellent Product for small hotels and inns

Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Very friendly service, excellent support and I was given an extra month use free without any questions. Way to go to get business!

Pros: I like this product for the fact that it keeps tabs on big box hotels and allows us to be priced competitively. this increases both occupancy and revenue, something that's hard to achieve.

Cons: There is nothing not to like in this product.

A perfect starting point

Reviewed on 08/09/2018
VP Revenue Management
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Since using this system it has allowed us to really focus on our key areas of growth really well. We have gone from strength to strength and this is definitly with the assistance of this system.

Cons: It would be good to be able to focus on other areas of our property also, but nothing bad as such.

Affordable and customer orientated Revenue management

Reviewed on 24/07/2019
Matej M.
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The customer service, as well as the simplicity

Cons: Nothing. I was surprised by this product.