Original and Best: Mind Mapping as it should be done

Tim P.
Director Support Services
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Having Mind Mapped on paper for over twenty years before this product came along, I was already very comfortable with the discipline. This was the first digital product I tried, nearly ten years ago, and it still stands out head and shoulders above its rivals as a pure Mind Mapping product. Others may seem to align closely with certain disciplines (engineering or IT), but none delivers as consistently as iMindMap.

Pros: iMindMap adheres more closely to Tony Buzan's original concept of mind-mapping as a discipline than any other rival I have tried. As, of course, it should. It is always intuitive and supports you seamlessly, especially if working on an ipad pro or similar large touch screen device.

Cons: The more detailed branch selection tool can be fiddly to control now that so many options are available in the full menu, but the simple default options (line or narrative box) are usually sufficient. Also, particularly in touch screen mode, it can be way too easy to input a branch or sub-branch by accident, just brushing the screen. The "undo" key helps, but it can interrupt your flow when working quickly.

What it could have been

Reviewed on 25/01/2019
Yacoub A.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It has the potential of being the best mindmap app out there. the key reason for that it allows you to see the information in different ways, something most of its competitors are very limited in. I tested once, then did not buy, but a few weeks later tested it again and bought. It has certain distinct presentation advantages-nothing changed in those weeks, but I wanted the other features. I just really wish they would have done the job completely. The tweaks would be comparatively minor, but they would turn a good product into a great product. If they would do that, I would rate it number 1. Now, it's "what it could have been".

Pros: I use several mind-mapping apps to lay out information. Imind gives you the ability to see information displayed in several ways, not just the traditional tree-branch style. You Canada see your info as a radial fan, note cards, and as connected bubbles. This is very helpful in seeing information from other perspectives.

Cons: very limiting in certain aspects. color choices are limited, only pastels. rectangles or bubbles don't increase in size with added text, so text is divided incorrectly or not visible at all. example: the word "emotional" might appear as "emoti" within the bubble-and even if you click on it, it doesn't expand. "Brainstorm" and "Radial" correlate but not exactly. Example, drawing connections in Brainstorming do not appear in radial.

Essential, but pricey

Reviewed on 13/05/2019
Daniel K.
E-Learning, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use iMindMap for both very day tasks like planning trips or making shopping lists, as well as to brainstorm research papers and plan my thesis. It’s fantastic, but I often have to use the same version for years after it stops being supported because it’s too expensive to upgrade (even with the discount).

Pros: This is the best mindmap software around. It’d got heaps of features and visualisation modes. It’s great for brainstorming, note taking, project planning and more.

Cons: Although it’s great software, it’s very expensive - much more so than its competitors. That fact alone makes it hard to recommend to people.

Creative thinking in business

Reviewed on 11/01/2019
Wojciech K.
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use iMindMap as management tool - to support communication.
It's easy to create advanced, innovative diagrams with elements, relations and contextual information in notes and attachments. It's very useful as presentation supporter with internal mode to do it. As mindmapping user - I often exchange data between application - for example iMindMap, MindManager, XMind etc.

Pros: Very powerful tool in visual management area.
It's possible to create visual trees of data and present them as maps, Gantt chart, timeline, brainstorm or scape diagram.
It has "freehand" mode so it's really easy to present creative views of knowledge and concepts.
iMindMap has many options of data sharing: import and export from and to other formats, so it's very useful and can save time in document creation process.

Cons: I would love to see more options like:
- tags and group of tags
- number calculations
- advanced filtering.

Brilliant but can be frustrating

Reviewed on 14/09/2018
Programmes Manager
Civic & Social Organization, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use it for my work with my colleagues on a daily basis. I use it for presentations with staff and others. I use it for organizing and thinking out my research. It has become part of me!

Pros: Easy to use, bright, colorful, exciting and great to use to explain anything to others. I love it’s flexibility and it thinks how I need to write. I love it

Cons: It crashes regularly. I don’t lose the data because it has a good memory but it crashes when you have bee asking it to work hard. Also the bubbles don’t move to where you want them to be and stay there. Swapping between map types often loses out or misses key information

I love mindmaps and this is my mindmapping tool of choice

Reviewed on 03/09/2018
Jay B.
Brand Ambassador
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It’s an easy to use tool - I mindmap all the time and always reccommend using this

Pros: Just totally love this app - I use an external keyboard with my ipad and it is really easy to create mindmaps using just the keyboard. I use it from small maps of ideas on a particular topic to (what is one of my favourite uses) as a mindmapping tool when at a conference or event to take all my notes. I can create maps so easily and quickly that by reviewing the map it is like I am still at the event taking in all the details

Cons: Sometimes I mis click and it thinks I am wanting to assign project related items to a line - but it is easy enough to remove afterwards

The best of the best in mind mapping!

Reviewed on 09/08/2018
Sebastián C.
Freelance Geographer
Internet, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I being working with iMindMap for more thst 7 years and I have to say that it has being awesome because this is truly one of the ways to really show information in an easy, simple, dynamic and fun way. It has made my life so much easy!

Pros: Well I have to say that I like everything about iMindMap but the things that I really like are the exporting tools and presentation options because they allow me to present my mind maps every where with the quality and settings I truly want without losing anything just like if I was presenting in IMindMap.

Cons: The only thing I can say that I dislike is the price but that will be all because iMindMap is by far the best in the game.

Best software for MindMapping

Reviewed on 29/08/2018
Mark P.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The way MindMaps are drawn is very close to how people would draw one using a pen. You have all the needed flexibility to do what you want.

Cons: It is too much interfaced with other products that I Don't need. Good to have but I never use these functions.

Excellent soft for new thinking

Reviewed on 19/10/2018
Christophe C.
Teacher History and Geography
E-Learning, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The soft helps me a lot with designing new thinking.
I use it in class and produce mind maps that my students may use on paper. They always ask me the name of the soft, as they can nowhere find any tool as efficient nor any map as good-looking as in Imindmap.
I recommend without any hesitation nor restriction.

Pros: New features of the 11 release, as the professional look of the new templates .
So easy to use.
Ability to insert images and links between ideas.
The support team is just great ! Even when i ask them for help and the fault was mine.

Cons: Nothing i can remember of. Perhaps the soft could start a little bit quicker than it does.

The Gold Standard for Mind Mapping software

Reviewed on 29/11/2018
Rev michael A.
Ministerial Life Coach
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I was recently able to use iMindMap for a research project for a organization doing a 15 week class. I was asked to consult and my usual approach takes a few hours at the fastest. I decided to try iMindMap for that project and I had the basic frame up in less than 15 minutes, all put together in less than an 2 hours! When the presentation was made, everyone in the meeting had an immediate overview of what was going to be covered and how their department or part of the overall fit in. A win-win for everyone!

Pros: It is the best Mind Mapping software because it is created and inspired by the developer of the Mind Mapping concept, reps. The training is from him and done by him it is truly the best. Have used others and which the concept is the same, it is the nuances that make it the best software! Also, as a bonus, the Presentation maker is by far the best out there! So easy and flexible and it is done as a true presentation, not just slides!

Cons: It is so powerful, wit so many capabilities that it takes a while to fully understand all that can be done with it. The training provided is great on the concepts but so many of the tools and options are discovered by using it, not covered in the training. With better training I believe many more would be using iMindMap over any competition.

Great product with outstanding ease of use

Reviewed on 28/09/2018
Rahul P.
Senior engineer
Food Production, 5,001-10,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Capture ideas with prominent graphical interface which sticks in your mind

Cons: There is a learning curve involved but relatively easy than other tools in market

Mind mapping deluxe

Reviewed on 06/11/2018
Ray L.
Sr. Security engineer
Computer & Network Security, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I’ve used this for brainstorming and presenting project ideas at work and have found it to be useful

Pros: Lots of features, fairly easy to use and doesn’t take reading all the help to figure things out

Cons: No ability to switch to concept map, I got to imindmap from using cmaps and would love to see that be an option in this software

The best tool for mind mapping!

Reviewed on 27/08/2018
Maria maryelis D.
Coordinadora
Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Working with imindmap has been great and I will keep using it for a lot more time.

Pros: This one is hard because I love everything about imindmap, from the different styles to all the presentation options avaliable that make it easy to present my work everywhere and how I like it.

Cons: The only thing that I like the least is the images gallery, there isn't much variety of styles.

iMindMap review

Reviewed on 18/07/2019
Nawar A.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It is very easy to use for creating different types of charts, ideas mapping, org chart, and time map.
The look and colours are very nice.
Export options are also good.

Cons: Limited types of maps.
little bit hard to add more than one main idea at the same screen.
menu is a bit of old fashion and doesn't have so many features.

iMindMap a good implementation of a great creative tool

Reviewed on 26/10/2018
David T.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Good implementation of the mind mapping construct. Actively in development with cool new features being added with new releases. Mindmaps are now sharable from desktop to iOS devices.

Cons: The implementation on the Mac is just OK, not terribly optimized and the app is downright slow on older computers and not even very impressive even on new fast machines. Nothing in the controls is especially integrated with the Mac OS. For instance, no toolbar integration.

Perfect Tool

Reviewed on 22/12/2018
Ebusiness Consultant
Computer Software, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Flexibility and optical Aspects. You can solve a lot of things with this tool.

Cons: The saving on a network drive doesnt work properly and that its local and not fully in the cloud.

iMindMap review

Reviewed on 01/09/2018
Venkatesh J.
Senior Manager
Aviation & Aerospace, Self Employed

Comments: I am using it for: - Teaching my little kid their lessons
- Capture summary of my learning for easily recalling in future.
Not using the tool for any business / commercial purposes.

Pros: The Mind Map is a great technique. But time and creativity is not enough to put on paper/pen. This tool is very handy to create Mind Maps very quickly and flexible options (i.e. Change shape, color and font) enhance creativity.

Cons: The GUI could resemble the one similar to Windows. This will help your tool to be identical to most of other application software.

Very Good

Reviewed on 24/09/2018
Laura M.
Student
Think Tanks, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I like mind map it does exactly what I ask of it and it does it perfectly.

Cons: Some time CS was a little slow but overall good job.

Mind Mapping - Persuasive Essay

Reviewed on 17/09/2018
Kathy C.
Teacher
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I used iMindMap to help my third graders brainstorm for a persuasive writing.

Cons: Overall quality is good...price may need to be reduced since Google and others have free products.

Very useful tool

Reviewed on 09/09/2018
Steve H.
CTO & Joint Owner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: There is a good team behind this product, I like them.

Pros: Easy to use software and a good team supporting it.

Cons: I'm waiting for a mobile app for my Android phone.

My Mind On Display

Reviewed on 21/03/2019
Dana C.
Collections Specialist
Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I liked the ability to interchange views amongst brainstorming, GAANT and even scheduling views. This ability to change types of accommodates users and learners of various audiences.

Cons: I least liked the title and size limitations which forced more creativity and working around than necessary.