15 years helping British businesses

About Ahrefs

Ahrefs is an all-in-one SEO toolset that helps boost the organic search growth of your website.

Learn more about Ahrefs

Pros:

Other than that, I would say, they also have almost everything you need out of an SEO software suite. Their user experience is also pretty good.

Cons:

I don't think there is anything missing from the ahrefs tool.

Ahrefs ratings

4.5
4.5
4.7
4.2

8.8/10

Ahrefs has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 551 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Ahrefs before?

Maddy
Maddy
Founder in US
Writing & Editing, 2–10 Employees

Ahrefs is the best but recent pricing updates make it hard to continue justifying

Comments: Overall, I think it's a robust tool. I think they do a great job on their blog and other educational material that shows people how to use the tool to the fullest. Writing this review in anticipation of a recession (where clients have already started churning and cutting budget), I can no longer afford this tool — especially because there's an alternative that has all the same functionality and results my company needs, for about a third of the price I'm paying now.

Pros:

I love everything about Ahrefs except their new pricing and plans. We primarily use the keyword research functionality and other functionality associated with it (like competitor research via content gap analysis). I also love their website audit tool and their backlink tracker. Their rank tracker is also great. There is no question that this is one of the best in the industry for all-in-one SEO needs.

Cons:

Recent plan changes have made Ahrefs almost 3x more expensive for my company to use for the same features we've previously used it for. That's my biggest complaint, that the price hike wasn't gradual or sustainable. We're in the process of switching over to Semrush, whose plans are a lot more reasonable. I've always personally considered Semrush as being better for paid search and Ahrefs as better for organic search (especially when it comes to keyword research and backlink tracking) but Semrush has made many strides since I've last been in a position to compare the two and I feel confident that Semrush can handle our most important keyword research needs and the other all-in-one SEO features I mentioned in terms of what I like about Ahrefs.

last year

We're sorry to see you disappointed, Maddy :( To bring some context, the pricing change was not made this year, but in March 2022. We took this decision to counter group buyers. But also to maintain the costs of our infrastructure (collecting, processing, and storing data for 7+ years waiting for you to request it) & continue building new tools and features. The change might come off as abrupt but we've gone to great lengths to communicate it on as many channels as possible (pricing page and billing page, welcome message, credit counter next to your account's name, and a dedicated area under Account Settings called Limits & Usage > Set limits). Grandfathered users can still keep their legacy subscriptions, provided they don't interrupt them. If you've upgraded by mistake just recently and feel that you've been wronged, please reach out to our support and seek help. If you still decide to go with Semrush, we respect that decision. However, please note that while they did make some improvements, they're still behind us in terms of infrastructure and the features you're looking after. Here are some unique features that you can find only in Ahrefs: KEYWORD RESEARCH - Traffic Potential - Parent Topic - History & ad charts - SERP comparison - 9 different keyword ideas reports BACKLINKS - Detailed statuses to new/lost backlinks - Internal backlinks report - Comparison mode SEO AUDIT - Segmentation - Customizable issue statuses - Internal link opportunities report - HTML code & text comparison These are but just a few, I didn't touch upon the infrastructure that makes us the most beloved toolset by the SEO community. Our support team (or myself) can provide more info on all these features should you need further help!

Marco Genaro
Marco Genaro
Founder in Bulgaria
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

The best tool for Backlinking and one of the best SEO tools of all the times

Comments: Is definitely one of the big SEO tools in the market. Although it is pricy, Ahrefs is definitely a must if you're into backlinking campaings. They have unique features that are very useful to perform outreach campaigns.

Pros:

Although I'm a big fan of the audits and traffic estimations, which are very useful for competitor analysis, what I like the most about Ahrefs are their features related to backlinking. Many of these features provide all the information you need to create various types of outreach campaigns and advance your SEO techniques, such as detecting backlinks pointing to 404 pages or identifying unlinked mentions.

Cons:

I found it a bit expensive. That's probably why is only for SEO Pros. Also, it's a bit hard to use at the very beginning.

2 months ago

Hi Marco, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're big fans of our backlink capabilities, and we're glad to hear you are, too! We'd love more insight into what you found difficult to use at the beginning. We have onboarding webinars and workshops for our customers, and we'd like to know how we can improve these in the future. :) Again, thanks for the kind words, and thanks for choosing Ahrefs!

Mickey
Financial Controller in Taiwan
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use SEO tool with basic insights.

3.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Ahrefs gives you a clear overview of your most import KPIs and explains them in plain English through its documentation.

Cons:

Ahrefs is quite expensive if you wish to use its most premium features. Its free version is not bad though requires you to share your data with them.

2 months ago

Hi Mickey, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're happy to hear that you find Ahrefs easy to use, and thanks for bringing up our free plan, AWT! Just one minor clarification: we don't require AWT users to share GSC data with us. If they choose to verify through GSC, we reserve the right to use that data to improve our estimates, but there are other ways to verify your account that don't require data sharing. Thanks again for letting us know your thoughts, and thanks for using Ahrefs!

Md. Tanvir Bin
IT officer in US
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

It has an outstanding capacity to crawl the entire internet and target sites.

Comments: It provides better recommendations for keywords.
It has basic control over keywords.

Pros:

It is capable of thorough monitoring and comparison of domains. Based on how much organic traffic a website receives, that is. Compared to Alexa rank, it is superior. Based on the quantity of backlinks going to a URL, URL (URL ratings) calculates the potential influence of the URL. In terms of metrics returned, the keyword results page was at first the most plain and straightforward of all the tools I examined. However, Ahrefs has significantly improved its Keyword Explorer tool with a responsive page of interactive data visualizations.

Cons:

Costly for small companies perhaps. Technical SEO and on-page optimization are included in the "Domain Health" tool, which is presently unavailable. Had the experience of having some tool parts return no results.

3 months ago

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to leave a thorough review. We appreciate your feedback. We're glad to hear that you're getting good value from our tools and metrics. If you're having trouble with Site Audit, please do contact [email protected]. We want you to be able to have the full functionality of tools included in your plan. Again, thank you for your thorough and honest feedback and thank you for choosing Ahrefs!

Max
Director Of Growth in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

10 tools in 1. Great value & Highly versatile

Comments: It's cutting edge, it's affordable, and it offers so many gizmos and gadgets you could never feel like you're extracting more value than it's offering.

Pros:

Ahrefs is a very-near-complete expert SEO tool suite. For the price you pay and the value you get, you have to be fairly bad at SEO to not get an ROI on your investment. I think one of the great struggles with these tools is an intuitive user experience, and despite how clunky their interface might look, I think they have drawn a very nice balance between functionality and useability.

Cons:

Local SEO. In my opinion, it's it's biggest and most relevant weakness. Tools like bright local massively outperform it's local KW reporting (being able to create radius-based map pack KW ranking reports), and tools like SEMrush generally outperform it here. Ahrefs still does not have a way to track map pack rankings, in any capacity. It's a huge capabilities gap in my opinion. One that can make or break a use case for the tool. I also think ScreamingFrog outperforms their crawler by having a centralized user interface and more in-depth features, however, given that the site audit and web crawler feature was not their primary function to begin with, I am very impressed with what they offer.

6 months ago

Hi Max! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. And thank you for the kind words about the balance between functionality and usability on our interface. We hear you loud and clear about our local SEO capabilities. We're working hard behind the scenes to see how we can improve this experience for our users in the future. Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review and for your honesty!

Kirill
Blogger in Germany
Internet, Self Employed

A thing no AHREFS affiliate will tell you

Comments: Even if this credit rule is listed on the Pricing page, it is unclear what those credits are consumed for. I could never expect that they melt out with EVERY click... So I got disappointed / this is not what I call customer-friendly. The app is very expensive already, and this credit situation doesn't improve the app's usage. But it brings the company much more money, I understand. Tja, that's capitalism, bro.

Pros:

Of course, we all know it's a fantastic tool that provides many information and tools. I haven't used it for a long time, but I decided to use it because many people on youtube were praising how good it is.

Cons:

Here's what no Youtuber/ahrefs-affiliate will tell you: after you pay, you will realize that EACH LITTLE click you make on the platform consumes a credit, and for 100 EURO per month, you have only 500 of those. Literally. Just 500 credits. I started my keyword research, and schwupps - almost 100 credits gone. EACH STEP you need while looking for keywords/related topics consumes credits.

8 months ago

Hi Kirill, Good to see you back! Indeed, our pricing has changed since last year (March 2022, to be more specific). With the old plans, the main features were available to everyone—regardless of the plan they were on. This meant large agencies paid the same subscription price as a one-person SEO (often a beginner). The best way to differentiate usage was by how many "data requests" each user was pulling. Hence "credits" were born. Credits get consumed when accessing reports and requesting new data from all our core tools, Dashboard, Alerts, and standalone tools (like Batch Analysis). Site Audit and Rank Tracker DO NOT consume credits. However, we are very transparent about them. The monthly subscription, plus the plan additions are all listed on our: - Pricing page - Billing page - In-app welcome message - Visual live counter (in the header, next to your account name) - Limits & usage page under Admin Settings If you want to save on credits while doing kw research, I recommend searching them in bulk. For more info on how credits work, please read our help page article: https://help.ahrefs.com/en/articles/6061658-about-credits-and-export-rows As for the pricing pain point, we're improving our product and our ability to crawl the entire web: https://ahrefs.com/big-data. Hence prices need to follow along to make our business sustainable. To give you a greater understanding of the costs involved, our data center costs in Singapore alone have run over $400M in the past 3 years (https://tech.ahrefs.com/how-ahrefs-saved-us-400m-in-3-years-by-not-going-to-the-cloud-8939dd930af8). Despite this, we still get that the new system might not be working for everybody (including yourself), hence we apologize for that. Happy to answer any further questions. Andrei

Paweł
Paweł
SEO Expert in Poland
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

If you can afford this tool, do not spare the money

Comments: It's very powerful tool, which is very worth to use. Occasionally you can expect some issues with updates but from few months it's very rarely.

Pros:

Ahrefs has a very large database containing all the required elements for effective website positioning.

Cons:

I would like to say, that there is not a function that i like least. I love all, at least from functions which I use most often.

7 months ago

Much appreciated, Pawel!! We give our ebst to ship between 10-15 small and big updates each month. For the latest ones, please be sure to read our product blog: https://ahrefs.com/blog/whats-new-at-ahrefs-june-2023/

Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Helps Make SEO More Manageable

Pros:

I've tried a few SEO tools and Ahrefs is one of my favorites! The site is pretty easy to understand and there are lots of free tools that help me to understand how to improve my SEO ranking. I'd encourage people to use the free trial to check it out.

Cons:

I don't really find a down side to the plaform. I'm satisfied with how it works.

2 months ago

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're thrilled to hear that you're enjoying the platform, and we hope you continue to get value out of our tools in the future. Just to clarify, we don't have a free trial, but we do have a forever-free limited version of Site Explorer and Site Audit with our Ahrefs Webmaster Tools plan. Again, thanks for your feedback, and we're happy to count you among our customer base!

dako
SEO agent in Georgia
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Ahrefs tool to help Seo agents and many more

3.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

I enjoyed that Ahrefs is very easy to understand even if your journey has just started as a SEO agent

Cons:

The most important downfall for Ahrefs is that it needs a little shaping in terms of keyword research tool

4 weeks ago

Hi Dako, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're glad to hear that you find the interface easy to understand, even for beginners. We'd love to hear more of your thoughts about how we could improve our Keywords Explorer tool. If you'd like to give your feedback, please contact [email protected], and our customer service team will pass your thoughts onto the rest of our team. Thanks!

Arlen
Director of Program Engagement in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Ahrefs: worth the learning curve

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Drilling down for useable information is absolutely possible. It's great to have the ability to receive data that will focus and target our needs.

Cons:

The learning curve is a bit steep. You almost have to know what answer (data) you want to know that the results will be useful. The depth of Ahrefs is fantastic until you don't know of what it's fully capable, so you might miss some data or precise results.

4 weeks ago

Hi Arlen, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're thrilled t hear that you're getting a lot of value out of your Ahrefs account! And thank you for your feedback about the learning curve. If you haven't had a chance, check out our actionable use cases webinars or our academy, which can help you get started on your journey!

Ramona
SEO Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Great tool, crazy pricing, little value for the money since getting into the new pricing model.

Comments: Ahrefs in itself is an amazing piece of software. The pricing model is a rip off.

Pros:

Ahrefs is a standard in SEO. I have been using it for 2 years already (switched over from SEMrush) and I love it. I have spent hundreds of hours, I run my entire agency on it. Overall a very solid tool. Compared to SEMrush (and reason why I still use Ahrefs) great dashboard, easy to use.

Cons:

Since the new pricing model it's a pain. You are being charged "credits" for just breathing around the software. Logged into it 2 times, looked at a keyword ranking that's already generated and I "consumed" 8 credits. There is no exact grid to know what uses up your credits, not to mention I think it's silly to pay extra for seeing the HOMEPAGE (dashboard, which loads instantly) or doing your regular work.I am AFRAID to use this software (that I need to and pay over 200 bucks/month to use), because I'll get slapped with "extra" credits and even more money to be paid. They have removed features and pushed them into the 400 bucks tier, in an eternal chase to squeeze even more money. I am a business owner myself, but the greed they display is shocking.I am currently trying to understand how SEMrush can do most of my needed tasks and just save my money in the future. I did bother to write this review (which nobody will care for), because I was an enthusiastic user, I still love Ahrefs to bits, but I cannot pay a fortune just to view a dashboard and run 2 reports.

last year

Sorry to see you disappointed, Ramona! Contrary to popular belief, this pricing change was not made ad-hoc. In fact, we studied the usage patterns of our paying customers and designed it in such a way where 80% were barely affected, while the remaining 20% were affected to a varying degree, based on how much they use the platform. We also allow grandfathered users (like yourself) to keep their legacy plans, provided they don't interrupt them. From what you're telling me, it looks like you've probably discontinued it. But if you feel you've been wronged, please reach out to our support team who will gladly help you out. Especially since you're a loyal customer :) To further address your concerns, we do have an area under account settings where you can limit credits/user (we DON'T auto-charge by default). Dashboard only uses 1 credit/month to load all projects, while the Rank Tracker has its own limits. Read more: https://help.ahrefs.com/en/articles/6061658-about-credit

Mert
Social Media Specialist in Türkiye
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Marketing Analysis with Ahrefs

Comments: I am using Ahrefs to understand my competitors website and their marketing strategy. I use template dashboard to report my customers about their website health.

Pros:

Ahrefs is important tool for market analysis, to understand your competitors and their marketing strategy. You can define your marketing strategy with it's features.

Cons:

Ahrefs should have more feature for social media analysis to understand competitors behaviour.

2 years ago

Happy to know we help you proactively define your marketing strategy :) Could you write us at [email protected] about the social media features you're talking about? Even better, you can write or upvote these feature suggestions on our canny page: https://ahrefs.canny.io/ The more votes a feature suggestion gets, the likelier our product team will consider it when reviewing the product roadmap. Thank you!

Victoria
CEO in Spain
Textiles, 2–10 Employees

Arefs is the king : backlinks and broken links

Comments: Great Tool, but the decision they have taken with prices i think they have losted a lot of customers.

Pros:

I love backlinks and broken links I never found a software like this.

Cons:

The price. They have raised the price to 179 €/month if you want to use these 2 funtions. It´s not a price you can allow if you are beginning in SEO.

last year

Thank you for the review, Victoria! The Standard plan you're talking about is more tailored towards SEO professionals, not beginners. You can still use our free plan, where the Backlinks and Broken Backlinks reports are available (but only for your verified websites): https://ahrefs.com/webmaster-tools We also have a free backlink checker: https://ahrefs.com/backlink-checker And a broken link checker: https://ahrefs.com/broken-link-checker Hope these help!

Mohammed
Mohammed
CEO in Bangladesh
Graphic Design, 2–10 Employees

The best complete SEO tool I have seen ever

Comments: As an SEO expert, I have to work with several types of tools. I have found ahrefs is a very helpful tool for SEO experts. I can do everything that requires to rank my website. I can do the overall competitor analysis with that tool. I can find out the referring domain, quality of referring domain, number of internal linking to a specific page, top-performing pages, outgoing link, etc. I didn’t use their rank tracker so can’t make any comment on it. It is an awesome SEO tool in my opinion.

Pros:

The main thing I love about ahrefs I can optimize the website with a single tool. I can do keyword research (Info, money, comparison, keyword), backlink analysis, Internal linking analysis, domain strength analysis, traffic analysis, anchor text analysis, dofollow - nofollow link ratio, etc. Actually, there are so many features on ahrefs that can’t be described in a few lines. For example, I can find out many low competitive keywords from my competitors' URL, using the organic keywords feature. I think it creates an extra advantage. They have added a new feature recently, which is organic keywords 2.0. It helped me to find a fresh new keyword to work. It also helped me to find out the recent ranking keywords of my website. Their other interesting feature is the content gap, I have analyzed my competitors and found many content ideas that were not covered by them. So it is amazing.

Cons:

I have found a problem with organic keywords that is they repeat the same keyword again and again on multiple pages. It creates a problem at the time of keyword researching. And it shows less search volume than any other keyword research tool. Last thing I dislike their pricing and trial version price. The Trial version should be given for free.

Computer Hardware, 10,000+ Employees

In the current market, it is the greatest tool for locating backlinks and for all-around SEO

Comments: Using Ahrefs, you don't need to employ an SEO company to see business websites. We may study our competitors' websites to see how they've grown their businesses to rank highly in search results, and then replicate that strategy ourselves. To get the most out of Keyword Explorer, we need to know what our competitors are ranking for and what we should be targeting. You can immediately check how many people search for such words each month, and how many of them visit our site. Content that is relevant to our audience will show us how to keep our company pages healthy. Use Ahrefs to see how our website performs on mobile devices and in various countries. Find out who's visiting our site from these locations and see how it performs on these devices.

Pros:

Ahrefs is a powerful and useful tool for SEO because it offers a wide range of options. When I started using Ahrefs in 2019, it was the finest approach for me to find out about my competitors' links, keywords, and traffic. I use site explorer to look at my website's links and keywords. We can also see how our competitors' sites are linked to and how many backlinks they are getting. The URL and Domain Ratings can be monitored. Ahrefs also ranks your website. Determine which other websites are related to this URL. Using batch analysis and link intersections, I'm able to view many websites in one click. You can use Ahrefs "keyword explorer" as well. For your website, we can utilize this tool to find country-specific keywords and the number of individuals searching for those terms. The best way to come up with keyword ideas. People frequently inquire about this. This is also supported by the tool. Using tools like Content Explorer, we can see what other people are already doing in the form of content, which gives us new ideas for our own. Content ideas might be sparked with the help of this instrument.

Cons:

It seems like I'm not taking advantage of a lot of the capabilities that are available to me. That would be wonderful if you could show me some of the stuff I'm missing. Consequently, when I log on, I can see exactly what needs to be done. To give you an example, I can see which pages are taking a long time to load, which sites have lost a significant amount of search exposure, and whose backlinks with high authority we've earned or lost. It would be fantastic if there was a mobile app for it! I don't always want to carry around a laptop when I'm using Ahrefs on the move. Users of a mobile app can add basic features to the app.

2 years ago

Happy to know you're a loyal Ahrefs customer since 2019 :) If you think you're missing out on certain features, then please check out our Ahrefs Academy (https://ahrefs.com/academy) packed with useful video tutorials and our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/AhrefsCom) where Sam will walk you through concrete SEO use cases (and how Ahrefs can help). Of course, you can always write us at [email protected] in case you have any questions or concerns. As for any feature requests you might have please publish them here: https://ahrefs.canny.io/ The more upvotes a feature suggestion gets, the likelier it will be considered by our product team when reviewing the product roadmap. Regards, Andrei

Muhammad
Muhammad
Freelancer in Pakistan
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Ahrefs

Comments: Ahrefs is one of the best tools for backlinks I ever used. It provides the option of content-gap through which we can find the most comitent sites for backlinks. It is the most trusted tools by the world professional SEO experts.

Pros:

The best thing about Ahrefs is that it has a content-gap option that helps you to find websites from which you are competent in getting links Ahrefs shows the score of the site which help to find out the goodness of the site

Cons:

I didn't find the major cons of this tool but the accuracy of the data is questionable sometimes Sometimes it keeps blocking our access which cause the disruption

2 years ago

Happy to know you like the content gap tool, Muhammad! Can you write us at [email protected] about the time we blocked your access, as well as the accuracy of the data that you find questionable? If you're referring to the organic traffic that doesn't match the one in Google Search Console, that's because ours is an estimate. You can read more on how we calculate it here: https://help.ahrefs.com/en/articles/1863206-what-is-organic-traffic-in-ahrefs-and-how-do-we-calculate-it If you're talking about keyword volume that doesn't match the one in Google Keyword Planner, that's because we un-group close variants that GKP groups together: https://help.ahrefs.com/en/articles/72571-how-accurate-is-keyword-search-volume-in-ahrefs Anyway, write us in the support chat about these concerns and one of our colleagues will kindly assist you :)

Anthony
Anthony
Reviewer in Kenya
Computer Software, Self Employed

The Ultimate SEO Toolkit

Comments: Overall, my experience with Ahrefs has been positive. It provides a comprehensive set of features, detailed information on backlinks, keyword rankings, and organic search traffic, a user-friendly interface, and the ability to monitor competitors' performance. However, it can be expensive, and the software can be a complex, cluttered interface.

Pros:

I like using Ahrefs because its comprehensive features help me improve my website's SEO and search engine visibility. The software provides detailed information on backlinks, keyword rankings, and organic search traffic, which allows me to understand my website's performance and identify areas for improvement. Additionally, the software is user-friendly and easy to navigate, making it simple to set up and use. The ability to track and monitor my competitors' performance is also a huge plus.

Cons:

One thing that I dislike about Ahrefs is that it can be quite expensive, especially for small businesses or individual use. Additionally, the software can be quite complex, so it may take some time and effort to master all of its features. Additionally, some users may find the software's interface to be cluttered and overwhelming.

last year

Appreciate the review, Anthony, especially the title! :) To address your concerns: 1. For individual use, we recommend using our free plan - Ahrefs Webmaster Tools: https://ahrefs.com/webmaster-tools This one gives you free access to 2/5 of our core tools (Site Explorer & Site Audit) for all your verified websites. Or, you can try one of our free (but limited) tools from our free tools hub: https://ahrefs.com/free-seo-tools 2. If Ahrefs may seem too complex at first sight, be sure to check our "How to Ahrefs" course, where we provide actionable use cases for each report: https://ahrefs.com/academy/how-to-use-ahrefs 3. For the record, every metric in Ahrefs comes with a hint explaining what it means. Nevertheless - I'm curious. Which parts of the interface did you find cluttered? Don't hesitate to write us at [email protected] about how we can improve our product :)

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

The best tool for daily seo work

Comments: It's one of the best Seo tools in the market, but the pricing model is too expensive for small businesses.

Pros:

Best tool for checking competitors baclinks, and historical visibility in serps. The free features after verifications are priceless

Cons:

The new price list is unacceptable. The monthly domain limit is lower than the weekly limit in the previous billing model. It would be great to add

last year

Thank you for the reviews! And sorry to hear about your disappointment at the same time :( Indeed, the old pricing model had tool-based limits. With the new pricing, we've removed them and added a global limit called credits. Those are modeled after average usage data. Prior to this, we studied the usage patterns of our paying customers and designed it in such a way that 80%+ of them were barely affected. While the remaining 20% were affected to a varying degree, based on how much they use the platform. It looks like you're in the latter batch. We also didn't force any of our grandfathered users to change to the new pricing plans, as long as they keep them live. Not sure why you changed to the new plans, but if you feel that you've been wronged, please write to us at [email protected]. Thank you!

Shaikat
CEO in Bangladesh

Feature-Packed All-in-One SEO Tool

Comments: Excellent SEO tool for professionals.

Pros:

Ahrefs is a widely used SEO tool by SEO professionals out there. Their suite of SEO tools is packed with advanced features loved by all, including me. The backlink analysis tool of Ahrefs is unparalleled and considered the benchmark in the SEO industry. Content gap analysis is another excellent feature that I love a lot. In my opinion, Ahrefs is the all-in-one SEO tool you'll ever need to step up your SEO game.

Cons:

Well, well, well - the price! Lately, they have changed their pricing structure, negatively impacting users, including myself. And they lost quite a lot of users!

last year

Thank you for your trust in our backlink checker tool, Shaikat! Indeed, the general feeling is that we're losing a lot of users. When consulting the facts though, around 35% of our paying customers are on the new plans. About the pricing change (the first major one since 2016), this decision was made to counter group buyers. And also to align the pricing plans with the value we provide at Ahrefs. We have the: - #1 SEO crawler (according to CloudflareRadar) - freshest index of live backlinks (20+ B) - largest index of US keywords (4.5B) - largest index of content pages (12B) Hence, the implied costs are not just for processing requests from users. But also for maintaining such a complex infrastructure. Please note though that we allow all grandfathered users to keep their accounts as long as they don't interrupt their subscriptions. We're sorry if we didn't communicate this clearly so you could keep your legacy plan. Should you have further questions, please write us at [email protected] and one of our colleagues will gladly help you!

Ruka
Marketing Exec in UK
Financial Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Ahrefs Review from marketing exec at Financial Service

Comments: Overall I am very satisfied with Ahrefs and I believe it is one of the most useful SEO tools to identify new market opportunities, content opportunities, and check competitors performance.

Pros:

Ahrefs gives a very detailed information that is very easily accessible. We use it often to identify new opportunities within the market as well as check competitors performance. Their SERP features allows us to look into the SERP without manually checking them and their position history chart allows us to look into the position movement over the past 2 years.

Cons:

The least favorite part on Ahrefs is that you cannot select a certain set of keywords and get reports on it (at least not with the plan we use). We would need to manually go in and look up each keyword to figure out the performance on those keywords whereas some competitors allows us to register keywords and get automated reporting on its movement.

5 months ago

Hi Ruka! Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts on our toolset. We're happy to hear you're getting a lot of value out of your subscription! For keyword reporting, have you made use of our Rank Tracker feature? It sounds like it might be what you're looking for. If it isn't, please reach out to [email protected] to let us know what it is you had in mind. Thanks again, Ruka!

Franklin
Founder in US
Market Research, 2–10 Employees

Ahrefs is my go-to tool for keyword research

Comments: Ahrefs has been a great tool for our marketing team. It helps us deliver clarity & confidence to our clients about customer behavior in multiple channels. It is helpful for Customer Journey Mapping, Market Research, and Marketing Plan development.

Pros:

Ahrefs is the best tool for keyword research because it includes data from a variety of sources like Amazon and YouTube. The ability to quickly toggle between platforms to see the search volume is fantastic. I also like how easy it is to export, save, and share the data.

Cons:

Ahrefs estimates for keyword CPC is not accurate for Amazon. The data is taken from Google keyword CPC which is an entirely different cost and can mislead a marketer into creating an ill-informed marketing plan. If the website research tool was as powerful as other software providers, I would use it almost exclusively.

Apparel & Fashion, 11–50 Employees

My favorite SEO tool

Comments: I'm satisfied. I get what I want and need.

Pros:

All in one - for SEO's. Ahrefs is best for everything regarding links. But there's more in the package: You get site audits, keyword trackers, content and keyword research + more. Of these, I do love the site audit. It made my life easier - compared to Screaming Frog. Now I don't have to sit around and wait while my computer crawls. I can just close the Ahrefs tab - and the whole thing will be done within the hour (or overnight). Theres even scheduled crawls, so I can get an overview of our technical and on-page SEO performance every week or month. It even comes with a lot of descriptions and guide on what to do about the bugs and errors found on your website. Great for beginners and specialists.

Cons:

It can cost a lot if you have a lot of users. There's no option for individual logins for a team. So we do log each other out all the time - even though we have bought the package with up to 10 users using the login. The same goes for the Chrome Toolbar. A cool tool, but we log each other out - so we have to log in each day. It feels like a waste of time. They are not made for PPC stats. Theres some numbers and Ad examples, but they don't seem correct.

SEO Manager in Germany
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Great leader in the SEO tool industry, but the credits model is pretty bad.

Comments: I've used Ahrefs for years and never had any complaints, but the credit model charges you for things it shouldn't. Come on Ahrefs, you've got a great product, but this credit nickel and diming made me look elsewhere.

Pros:

There isn't much not to like about Ahrefs as a tool, it does it all (and it's great to have everything you need under one roof).

Cons:

The new credits model: if you're carrying out competitor research you get charged for silly things like sorting rank or search volume from high to low, or applying a simple filter.

last year

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Chris! And sorry about your disappointment regarding the new pricing plans. Prior to this change (first one since 2016), we studied the usage patterns of our paying customers and designed it in such a way where 80%+ of them were barely affected. While the remaining 20% were affected to a varying degree, based on how much they use the platform. We also allowed grandfathered users (like yourself) to keep the old plans, as long as they remain live. Not sure if you've discontinued it, but if you have further concerns about it or feel that you've been wronged, please talk with our support team - who will be happy to help out! To further address your issue, filters can include a lot of parameters. That's why we charge only 1 credit after you select all parameters and click on "Show results".

Arheer
Arheer
Marketing Manager in India
Internet, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best SEO Tool

Comments: We started using Ahrefs for doing competitor's keyword research, monitoring their backlinks, etc. Ultimately it also helped us find technical SEO bugs.

Pros:

- All in one tool that can help you with multiple things like keyword research, technical SEO audit, etc - Keyword research functionality is very helpful - SEO technical audit can be easily done - You can easily monitor backlinks

Cons:

- Customer support is not great - Tool is very expensive

last year

Thrilled to know you take full advantage of the Keywords Explorer tool! At the same time, we're sorry to hear about your experience with our support team. Would you mind telling us why it wasn't great? We're always looking at ways to improve our platform, so any feedback is welcome. Thank you!

Arnaud
Co-Founder in France
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

The best SEO tool in terms of data insights

Comments: Overall, Ahrefs is arguably the best SEO software out there for keyword research and competitor analysis as well as backlinks tracking. However, its credits limits could be better and can be a blocker for power users.

Pros:

I believe that the force of Ahrefs resides in the accuracy of their data, especially related to backlinks over competitors. That's probably my favorite part of the software.

Cons:

I don't like their limits very much. For a SEO software, it's quite costly and the limits in the base plan is very low. They should re-structure pricing around other limits than keywords search or change how credits are deducted because it's a very bad designed system that is unfair when you just refresh your page for example.

3 months ago

Hi Arnaud, Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts and feedback! We're proud of our backlink database, and we're thrilled to hear that you're a fan, too! The credit system has been a bit of an adjustment for some of our users, so that is fair criticism. We've restructured how credits are counted (no credits for sorting, for example), and we're in the process of making additional changes that should make things better for our users. Again, thank you for taking the time to write out a thoughtful review, and thank you for choosing Ahrefs!