15 years helping British businesses

About AttendanceBot

Seamless Slack and MS Teams solution to time off, time tracking, office booking, shift planning, availability and hybrid work.

Learn more about AttendanceBot

Pros:

Ease of setup, low cost, pretty intuitive to use.

Cons:

Export leaves balance history option was missing.

AttendanceBot ratings

4.4
4.7
4.2
4.3

8.7/10

AttendanceBot has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 109 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used AttendanceBot before?

pallavi
pallavi
HR in India
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 51–200 Employees

Overall, this title effectively encapsulates the benefits and features of AttendanceBot in a concise and engaging manner.

Comments: My overall experience with AttendanceBot has been positive, primarily due to its seamless integration with Slack and its user-friendly interface.

Pros:

AttendanceBot allows users to configure various leave types to suit their organization's policies. This flexibility ensures that different types of leaves (e.g., vacation, sick leave, work from home) are accurately recorded and tracked.

Cons:

While AttendanceBot offers customizable leave types, configuring these settings might be complex for some users, particularly those without technical expertise or HR knowledge.

Jeremy
Owner in Canada
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

Great App!!

Comments: Overall it was simple to implements, I got good support from customer service on some of the questions I had and they help me set up some of my default settings

Pros:

The attendancebot app enables me to manage the various needs of all employees through a simple, user-friendly that can be managed from anywhere. I am able to easily access weather i'm in the office or on the go. It takes away the need for manual calculating and tracking!

Cons:

Although you can customize the types of leaves (Flex / Vacation) You are not able to differentiate how they are calculated / tracked. IE. I wish I could have 'Flex' time that is calculated and tracked by the hour, but 'Vacation' days calculated and tracked by days.

5 years ago

Thanks for your feedback, Jeremey.

Catalina
Owner in Canada
Events Services, 11–50 Employees

Could have been so good but instead made more work for us

Comments: It's created 10X more work than doing this manually.

Pros:

Love how it integrated with Slack to make it easy for staff to clock in and out.

Cons:

The logic of this software is fundamentally broken. It is far to segmented and the features don't speak together properly. Their support is not very helpful. Takes like 5 emails just to get them to understand what your problem is and you can't call them. I was given a number once and when I called it was their sales department.... Who then tried to cancel our call. The reports are terrible. It's a great concept and I hope one day they work out all the issues but save yourself the time and don't get this.

3 months ago

We're deeply sorry our support process failed you so thoroughly Catalina. While it's likely too late to matter for you, we've made significant updates to overtime and time-off-in-lieu functionality to make it both more robust and easier to understand and configure. We do appreciate the honest if brutal feedback, and will do better for the next customer like you.

Mit
Marketing Director in Malaysia
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 51–200 Employees

Excellent Software to use for Remote work

Comments: The Attendance Bot is not just an administrative tool but a comprehensive solution that enhances the remote work experience for employees and managers. Its efficiency comes from its ability to seamlessly blend into daily work routines, provide actionable insights into workforce productivity, and support a culture of accountability and engagement. For companies looking to navigate the complexities of remote work, investing in an Attendance Bot could be a game-changer in achieving higher productivity and employee satisfaction.

Pros:

The bot integrates smoothly with popular communication platforms like Slack, Microsoft Teams, and Google Workspace, making it accessible within the tools teams already use daily. This ease of integration means that employees can clock in and out with simple commands, participate in quick check-ins, and even report their progress on tasks without leaving their primary workspace. For managers, viewing attendance records, generating reports, and analysing trends in real-time are invaluable for making informed decisions and adjusting workflows.

Cons:

One of the primary concerns with any tool that tracks employee activity is privacy. Employees may feel uncomfortable knowing their work hours, productivity, and well-being are constantly monitored.

Alessandro
General Manager in Italy
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11–50 Employees

Fast and efficient

Comments: It helped me a lot to handle smart working for 30 people during lockdown due to COVID-19

Pros:

THe easiness to use it, just onesimple command for a basic functionality, but not limited to it where you need something more.

Cons:

Lacalization not so easy, reports not easy to understand, could be more flexible for administration purpose (i.e. allow only manager to edit) but really small things...

Justin
Teacher & Coach in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 11–50 Employees

Great customer service and ease of use!

Pros:

It is so easy for our robotics team members to check-in and out to log their hours.

Cons:

The only minor thing is the organization of the reports that I have run so far. I will get used to them but wish there was a better option.

Paul
Paul
General Manager in US
Oil & Energy, 11–50 Employees

Valuable tool for time management!

Comments: While still in the early stages of deployment, we are beginning to develop labor hour benchmarks for certain tasks and projects. Without information like this we could not run the business or make plans for future staffing requirements.

Pros:

Having used Time and Attendance systems in the past, I was pleasantly surprised with the setup and ease of customization. We’ve been able to create as many projects as we like and selectively assign those projects to the appropriate individual(s). Without this customization, my staff would have to scroll through a long list of tasks to find the one they want. And the whole point of any time and attendance system is to collect data to help run the business – not become a hinderance to someone who is just trying to get their job done. From a personal perspective I find that it helps me stay focused on the task that I’m working on, while it can be tempting to answer that email the second it arrives…that’s usually not the most effective and efficient way to manage one’s time.

Cons:

Editing timesheets can be a bit cumbersome, but I’m still a relatively new user, this should get easier with practice.

Jose Pablo
Jose Pablo
CEO in Costa Rica
Computer Games, 2–10 Employees

Your friendly smart punch card

Comments: AMAZING
Few companie have such a good feedback loop, every time we asked for a new feature the team would just try to make sure it was what we needed. I think they are always moving adding features that make users happy!

Pros:

We needed some way to keep track of the time that we were spending in each project, we are a small studio and creating our own software to handle time was out of scope, we were using slack free, and we had so many limitations. When we learned about attendance bot I fell in love, it would allow our team to keep track of hours. rates and even measure how much time we were putting into the project!

Cons:

The fact that we had to pay haha JK I think the thing we like the least is that sometimes there might be bugs with the punches, meaning I have to fix them manually

Nav
Consultant in India
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201–500 Employees

Streamlined Workforce Managemen

Pros:

the simplicity of its integration into platforms like Slack and Microsoft Teams. This makes it accessible for users of all technical skill levels.

Cons:

Some of AttendanceBot’s more advanced features might require a bit of a learning curve, and not all can find the documentation sufficient for their needs.

Karen
Executive Assistant in India
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

Efficiently and Convinient

Pros:

It’s very convenient to use and marks attendance with ease.Keeps a track of time as well as number of working hours

Cons:

No downsides as such.As stated it’s very user friendly

Jessica
Chief Operating Officer in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Easy to use, people management tool

Comments: Very positive, we're happy with it as a solution for vacation/attendance management

Pros:

AttendanceBot integrates really well with Slack, making it super easy to use for leave management + punching in and out each day. It's reduced the admin burden we used to have (previously all leave requests were done manually via Word docs). Plus, the helpdesk team is very responsive whenever we've encountered bugs or problems.

Cons:

Using it for team timesheets isn't something we do yet, as when folk forget to log in, adding manual time entries isn't as easy to do as it is in tools like Avaza. So the timesheet functionality/logging could be improved.

Vanessa
Director of Operations in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Good Product in lieu of a major system

Comments: Excellent experience. My team readily adopted using the system to request PTO and it removed barriers from employees requesting PTO and managers tracking who what out when/where. Honestly if I could sync it to our HRM system I would strongly consider continuing to use it as our employees really liked it. PTO balances moved downward as we gave employees the ability to easily request time off.

Pros:

It was very easy to adopt, the service team was responsive and it did what I needed it to do - track PTO

Cons:

For me it was price - we were using it for requesting and keeping track of PTO. We've migrated to a full HRM system that now handles that, the duplicity was no longer functional and expensive to keep in both time and funds.

Nastassja
CFO & Head of Marketing in Germany
Primary/Secondary Education, 11–50 Employees

Its easy, it's quick, the team accepted the new software quickly

Comments: Sorry, that I have to reapeat myself... but...See the title. We are a small family driven company that works completely remote (HomeOffice). I needed something easy and quick to use for the team to log in and log out and to request leaves.

Pros:

Cons:

I didn't find anything yet, that I don't like but I haven't had the full experience yet.

CTO in Romania
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Amazing, easy to use for your team, time tracking application integrated perfectly in Slack

Comments: Attendancebot has replaced our cumbersome HR software which we only used to track team vacations, and replaced our manual timesheets we kept in excel for compliance. The cost is about the same but the time we save in keeping the records has been significantly reduced. The entire team loves using the application! It is awesome!

Pros:

- Easy to use for the entire team right in Slack - Announces attendance of the entire team everyday keeping everyone informed - Great reporting for our monthly time sheet requirements - Tracks very well the vacation time for all employees - Configuration is very simple and easy from the management portal - Customer service and support has been fantastic Overall it is a great product for our needs and the team at Attendancebot have been very helpful with some enhancements for us.

Cons:

The is not much to not like about the software. Hoping attendancebot will soon also announce up coming birthdays to the team.

Rachel
Bookkeeper in US
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Love the technology

Comments: It has been a great switch from the paper time sheet system we used prior

Pros:

I love that our team can clock in from our phones and also have the location where they clocked in from. Much easier than the paper timesheet system we used before

Cons:

It’s hard to remember which thing to type for each report you want to do, but there is a cheat sheet for that purpose

Martin
IT Administrator in Mexico
Staffing & Recruiting, 51–200 Employees

a great experience easy to use and very helpful with my work

Comments: a better organization in the business and with my team

Pros:

is a great way to make the checkout and check-in of the employees and view the times that they get in and get out and request leaves

Cons:

there are not much of cons but the only thing I would like they improve is the format of the hours report

Rhiannon
Chief Editor in UK
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Mixed bag, limited on free

Pros:

The ease of talking to a large number of team members, adding more as and when necessary, and organising conversations into separate rooms

Cons:

Most of the best functionality is from paid plans which become far too expensive for a startup very quickly, as you pay by member. Limits on storage are also very annoying because they don't update immediately, so warnings continue to pop up after you make space.

Nyawira
HR Manager in Kenya
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Great Tool for Leave Management

Pros:

Attendance Bot allows for customized time off, multiple leave types, and no hustle approval process.

Cons:

Attendance bot works perfectly for me so I have no dislikes.

Yvonne
Photographer in US
Photography, 2–10 Employees

Takes getting use to

Comments: It helps to see a timesheets that calculates the hours for me

Pros:

The ability to keep time for all workers and how it pairs with slack

Cons:

It's hard to input time if someone forgets to clock in or out which happens often. I use both the app on my phone and the computer and they both seem to crash. It would be great if you had a way to input the wages per hour. I have to use a different online app that helps calculate everything for me. If I could plug in the info that tells me how much I need to pay each person that would be amazing!

5 years ago

Thanks for your feedback Yvonne. If you wish to enter the per hour wages, you can do it on "Person page". Thanks

Bimal S
Bimal S
CEO in India
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Excellent Tool which solved many day to day challenges

Comments: AttendenceBot solved many day to day challenges for us. The best thing is the support from the team from Demo to integration. User experience is excellent, our team took no time to adapt to the system as it is so simple to understand. Overall we are very happy with the product and would definitely recommend it.

Pros:

- Simple and effective UI/UX - Bot integration is seamless - Customisation options for vacation management - Almost work as a self service portal for employees - Time tracking really helps the payroll team

Cons:

We are looking forward for the Jira integration (Which will be coming out soon as informed)

CHristopher
COO in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

AttendanceBot

Comments: It’s been great for payroll.

Pros:

It’s easy to use and the reporting is excellent.

Cons:

The time off and accruals are difficult and don’t work well. When people work past midnight the time worker gets all messed up.

Dave
Dave
Executive Pastor of Worship & Finance in US

Really easy to use and helps me know where my staff is every day.

Comments: I really like the simplicity of our staff telling us where they are at all times during the work day. It's also nice for vacation reporting.

Pros:

I love how we can naturally talk to the bot. Even today, I clicked on the bot and said "I'm working from Starbucks this morning" and it logged it and updated my status on Slack. .

Cons:

I wish I could get a report of who's in-and-out a little simpler and quicker. I had to mute the channel I was receiving notifications on because they were a bit overwhelming.

Palita
Palita
intern in Thailand
Design, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use

Pros:

Very easy and suitable for the work-from-home company to track our teammates.

Cons:

We use only a few functions of AttendanceBot and so far we like it

Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Simple set-up, does what is expected from it, fairly priced

Comments: easy

Pros:

I wanted a solution integrated into Microsoft Teams, to manage people's days off. This was evaluated in less than a day and the setup was very quick once we confirmed we wanted to move forward. Support has been good too.

Cons:

If you wanted to really search for something to improve, you could eventually say that the user help function in the bot could be better. I can't speak of the features outside of sick days and holiday management (it also does clock-in/clock-out and other stuff) as PTO is the only function we use.

Board of Directors, CTO in US
Entertainment, 51–200 Employees

Works terriffic!

Comments: Putting a timecard into Slack just makes sense. Compared to other options I looked at, this one is heard to beat from a value and features standpoint!

Pros:

My favorite things is the responsiveness of the support staff. When I had questions or input, it was handled extremely fast! It's easy and obvious to use, and it integrates to Slack great!

Cons:

No complaints! Does what I want perfectly!