15 years helping British businesses

AVG Antivirus Business Edition Reviews

4.3 (2,131) Write a Review!

About AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Protect your business endpoints from ransomware, malware, hackers, and more with AVG Antivirus Business Edition.

Learn more about AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Pros:

I started using it for my desktop computer and before long had integrated it into my tablet and phone as well. I trust the brand and enjoy the thorough protection and meticulous analysis it offers.

Cons:

A lot of additional packaging costs other than what was originally listed therefore it can be a bit misleading.

AVG Antivirus Business Edition ratings

4.4
4.1
4.3
4.2

8.0/10

AVG Antivirus Business Edition has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars based on 2,131 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used AVG Antivirus Business Edition before?

Filter reviews (2,131)

fabian
fabian
digital marketer in South Africa
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

The AVG Security Review

Comments: AVG has a simple interface where you can control all your security needs. I love using it as i can pinpoint what security features need to run and only activate that to save time.

Pros:

AVG has a generous free offering and provides extremely capable security against ransomware, malware and spyware. There are great additions which i need to protect myself from harmful cookies and unsanctioned tracking.

Cons:

They made the support system too complex . Good thing the platform itself is very user friendly and you will hardly ever require the support system.

Luke
Luke
Teacher Educator Author in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Always there for you

Comments: Makes me feel safe about my computer's.

Pros:

It's free version is better than the rest. Of course the paid is better and offers tons more.

Cons:

It offers its own search page and some employers of older age accept it and then have difficulty finding everything they need. It is not as good as Google.

Adam
Founder in Spain
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Good tool to protect against malware

5.0 last month New

Comments: In general, AVG does a good job at protecting all the computers in our workspace as well as monitoring our internet security. It was easy to set it up initially and it doesn't overly distract the team with too many suggestions.

Pros:

What I like about AVG is its reliability. It doesn't have the most up-to-date design or the most fluid user experience, but when it comes to threats, all suspicious files get flagged and put in quarantine. Also, it scans the email attachments before I open them.

Cons:

I think the design and user interface are a bit outdated. Sometimes it detected certain files as malware when in reality it is a false positive. Another issue is how slow the cloud version is.

Ilich Rafael
Ilich Rafael
Visiting Lecturer in Philippines
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Is it good for Business?

3.0 last month New

Comments: Overall, this program provides a basic function when I've used it to other devices as they want to use this program in their own devices.

Pros:

The pro is that it provides a basic function to any devices or computers for a security program, to provide security such as scanning, and doing actions to prevent attacks from malicious activties.

Cons:

The program has bloated features, but again some users may enjoy these features some may not.

Daniel
Owner in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

AVG Essential for car dealers

5.0 last month New

Pros:

As a used car dealer, we handle a significant amount of sensitive customer data and financial transactions daily. Our credit card processor and credit pulling companies did frequent audits of our security until we setup AVG business edition as that was one of their trusted security providers. Protecting our customer data from viruses is also essential as you can’t even open up an unknown email anymore without a chance of a threat being embedded in the email. AVG business has robust protection, super user friendly interface, has performance optimization and their customer support is A-1!

Cons:

There is only a few cons I see to using AVG for business and one of the main ones is the cost and the business edition is especially high. I get the occasional false positives that require manual intervention. It’s a slight learning curve compared to other anti virus I’ve tried in the past. The restrict some of the advanced features to higher-tier plans which is a bit frustrating but it isn’t necessary to have those features to be protected.

Gaurav
Senior Web Analyst in US
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees

Decent Anti Virus Solution for Home PC

Comments: My overall experience with AVG Internet Security has been satisfying with some caveats. The free version of software enables my computer to get protection against existing virus or malware attacks but not future unless I keep updating the virus definitions or upgrade to the paid version. If I update virus definitions or upgrade to paid, I end up paying more in acquiring more RAM or Hard Disk. Additionally, this software sometimes conflicts with firewall. So, certain software stop working as a result of its installation.

Pros:

Using AVG Internet Security anti virus software, I was able to protect my business from financial losses caused as a result of virus attacks. The best part of AVG software is its ability to auto update anti virus definitions as new viruses and malware are being developed by hackers. So, I don't have to worry about protection against new viruses. I can also schedule a time during which the virus scan will run so my office work doesn't get impacted. I also appreciate its simple interface which makes it easy to use the software.

Cons:

AVG Internet Security anti virus software has free and paid versions. The free version has limited features so it doesn't do as good a job of protecting against new viruses, malware and malicious threats as the paid one does. Reason: There is a limit on how often the virus definitions will be updated. After that limit is crossed, the user will keep getting prompts to download the paid version. The only way to uninstall the prompts is to uninstall the free version. Additionally, downloading the anti virus software slows down the computer if you have a limited random access memory and hard disk. So, you need to invest in higher memory computer which make the free version software not really free.

Medical Devices, 11–50 Employees

Provides good protection, but not appealing to have

Comments: It is getting the job done, but I wish it was more quiet and "in the background" and less present. The user interface is extremely simple so you wont be intimidated by any complicated settings.

Pros:

I like most about AVG the scanning speed. It is very fast, even for large executables. It even searches within executables (the kind that have packed files within). The auto updates and customizable auto computer scans are great.

Cons:

The really dislike the amount of popups it has of itself. All the time it will pop up an ad for itself, asking you to upgrade to the better version. This can be quite annoying.

Jeffrey
Owner in US
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

Avg

Comments: Great Great and virus free to boot,they have helped me to free my computers and phone devices for years.thanks avg

Pros:

Everything! Avg has some of the best software out there. From there free,trial,and paid softwares its all great and consistant

Cons:

The price the price is what I didn't like to much I mean I figure it would be a little easier on business' when it came down to the cost of it.was I wrong?

Craig
Admin in US
Computer Networking, Self Employed

Great as always

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I went back to AVG instead of Avira. Much less of a hog on your resources.

Cons:

I can't really say I've run into anything so far. Still working through my system.

E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

It might not look flashy but it really gets the job done well

5.0 last month New

Comments: AVG Business is really good if you are looking for a really simple to use Antivirus software for your business devices that your IT team can handle easily.

Pros:

Everything is super easy and simple to use. The biggest thing that AVG business has is the ease of use and intuitive interface.

Cons:

It doesn't look the best. Also it lacks some of the quality of life features the more established names have.

Scott
Director of IT in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Much More Than Just Free Protection

Comments: AVG has given me solid protection for an affordable price, and makes it easy to manage my home systems through their export and import settings feature, which covers every part of the software. In using their unlimited devices license I am able to deploy Internet Security on ALL my home systems, and configure them all in just seconds by just importing my config file and signing into my account.

Pros:

The PAID version of AVG is much improved over the free version, beyond the obvious expanded abilities. Since switching I've seen a significant decrease in memory and cpu usage without affecting the software's abilities, which is a huge PRO over performance draining AV softwares. Another big pro is how easy they've made it to temporarily pause protection for random amounts of time, and they've made it MUCH easier to add exclusions for folders AND files than previous years. The export/import settings feature is a HUGE time saver, especially if you are using their unlimited systems version on multiple PCs.

Cons:

Even though switching to the paid version reduces system usage a good bit, I still consider AVG too resource intensive. However, the biggest con is that they still try to sneak in extra software on you. In my case, they snuck in a trial version of their AVG Tune Up despite the fact that I did a custom install and that program wasn't shown as being available.

Daniel
Manager in US
Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

Best Internet Security, Hands Down!

Comments: I will continue to use AVG and tend to recommend it to friends and family who are having problems with internet garbage and viruses. I have not had one problem with it installed on a computer. Maybe I'm lucky; probably, AVG works!

Pros:

AVG Internet Security is my go-to anti-virus software. I use it for all of my business computers, personal computers, and always recommend it. I have never had a problem.

Cons:

Honestly, AVG has never given me problems. My husband is a tech nerd and swears by Bitdefender but I have had multiple problems with functionality of their antivirus. AVG is solid.

Alexander
Project Administrator in South Africa
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

AVG the old faithful

Comments: In our business we work with some of the largest banks in South Africa, they require strict security on our workstations and with AVG we meet all their requirements.

Pros:

I used AVG free years ago on my personal computer around 2006, now using AVG Business I can confidently say AVG is one of the best if not the best Anti Virus software around. AVG uses only a fraction of your PC's resources, AVG is light in load but heavy in defence. At our company since using AVG have not had 1 security breach.

Cons:

If I were to raise a con on this amazing software, it would be there are quite a few notifications per day (Possibly remove them in settings?)

Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

easy to install and free protected Virus software!

Comments: Used AVG for years and will use it for many more..

Pros:

AVG is one of the many FREE virus software. I use it personally and for my businesses. It is free, easy to use and keeps you well protected.

Cons:

The only thing I have noticed about AVG over the years is that there are some popups upon startup sometimes which you cannot turn off as its informing you on your PC performance.

Reece
Developer in UK
Internet, Self Employed

My anti-virus of choice

Comments: I've used this for many years and always seems to be my go-to option when I need free anti-virus. Most of the time it will keep your system well protected. Most of the time!

Pros:

This is probably the "best" free antivirus software you're likely to find and has a solid reputation with many years experience under its belt. For the most part, it does the job quite well.

Cons:

Can sometimes feel a little "clunky" to use, and unlike alternative "paid" options, does not include the whole internet security package with firewalls and other security tools you're likely to find in premium products.

Mohamed
Network Engineer in Egypt
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Don't buy cheap antivirus software

Comments: An experience that is not good enough, I hope to develop protection and detection techniques for them.

Pros:

It is a very light program and its interface is simple. I think it is suitable for weak devices and routine uses for work.

Cons:

Its protection system is very weak in detecting threats, and here I am talking about the paid version, in addition to that it passes many network attacks without alerting or detecting them. During my experience with many security programs with many cyber attacks, AVG was one of the worst products In addition, when you buy a key for 20 users, you can use it for more than 50 users. I don't know how a scenario like this can happen with a security company!! Unfortunately, it cannot detect threats through websites or downloads, nor can it detect the malware that is inside the RAR files.

Civic & Social Organization, 51–200 Employees

Very strong and powerful antivirus software

Comments: I like it most for best internet working free from several viruses.

Pros:

Way of capturing viruses and scanning technology

Cons:

It's multiple functions and tools for different types of viruses

Sean
Graphic Production Manager in US
Printing, 11–50 Employees

The Best Virus Scanning Software I have Used

Comments: It has been great! I always recommend it when anybody asks my opinion on which virus scanner they should install on their pc's.

Pros:

AVG is great because it works well (detects suspicious activities, scans emails, watches & checks downloaded files) like many virus scanning softwares out there, but does it in a very straightforward, non bloated way. Detects what you want it to detect, but doesn't cause slow downs or crashes.

Cons:

There isn't much I don't like about AVG ... it could maybe use a little bit of a graphical overhaul, but really that is a minor nitpick.

Emir
Emir
Senior Product Manager in US
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

One of the most efficient and effective antivirus solutions

Comments: Ever since we started using this software we have felt quite safe and protected due to its continuous active scanning which boosts our confidence from time to time. Altogether, I greatly appreciate all of the services that have been rendered by this software as in a business world nowadays all of the malware attacks hold a very crucial position. In my opinion, it is one of the best and most compelling antivirus software out there. It is undoubtedly one of the perfect solutions available in the market currently. This software helps you protect yourself from all kinds of cyber and malware attacks that can typically harm your files which are immensely important to us.

Pros:

AVG AntiVirus Business Edition is an Antivirus Software that has been my most favorite endpoint security software. It is being used in my whole organization for a long time now. It keeps all of our systems running and protected from all different types of malware attacks that are bound to happen. Undoubtedly, this is one of the most incredible tools because it has actually helped my organization quite a lot as confidentiality is one of the most crucial concerns while running an organization and AVG AntiVirus Business Edition has looked into this very critically. AVG AntiVirus Business Edition is a great software when it comes to monitoring all of the user accessibility plus all the traffic flows. Apart from that, This software has a fast scanning speed which is very great for us.

Cons:

AVG AntiVirus Business Edition is very positive, it is also negative due to some of the limitations which I have found with my personal experience with this software. I personally think that this software demands more attention in its interface as it is lacking in many aspects.

Alexandru
CISO in Romania
Banking, Self Employed

Great antimalware technology product with the potential to be in the top 5

Comments: Great protection level, I would rank AVG IS in the top 10 antimalware solutions.

Pros:

Greater than average detection rate. Low resources requirements and usage. Good-great user interface, intuitive placing of settings and enough granularity for entry and mid-level users.

Cons:

It only crashed on very few occasions per 100 PCs, but when it did - it was catastrophic and the Windows systems did not boot and/or they were unrecoverable. Prices are a bit higher than expected with more capable solutions being priced lower or the same by the competiton.

Randall
Software Engineer in US
Defense & Space, 51–200 Employees

Reliable, easy to set up and use!

Comments: AVG for business is a great antivirus solution that offers strong protection for the computers and network in your business. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

Pros:

Compared to its free version that hasn't been doing well versus its competitors, the business version indeed offers a powerful antivirus solution for your business machines. It actively scans for viruses on the network as you browse, download, extract archive files, or plug in external storage devices. I found that it is pretty lightweight running in the background and does not cause any slowdowns for our computers. The GUI is easy to use and very appealing, with nice colors and simple options to choose. But of course there are advanced options you can get to in the menus as well. For the common user in our office, we don't really need to worry about AVG, it runs in the background almost unnoticed and quietly protects you and your precious data from malicious software or attackers. The free version got annoying in that it was always up in your face with ads and updates, almost forcing you to pay for the full version. But once you do, I believe it is worth it.

Cons:

Every now and then the software update notification will show up and that can be a bit of a nuisance as we are not allowed to manually perform updates ourselves, just the IT guys. I mentioned that this software does not cause any slowdowns, however if you were to have this on an older computer, then it seems to bog it down a little.

Claudio Ulises
Coordinador SISOA in Venezuela

AVG EFFECTIVE, detects and blocks all types of threats.

Comments: AVG ANTIVIRUS: of the three best security suites of the moment, you have on the computer when the program is in action. Without that we are talking about an excessive overload of the system, because its average of 3 seconds is precisely the average of the industry, the truth is that activities such as the opening of websites, installation of programs or document analysis take the AVG Antivirus much longer (3 seconds more than average, a very considerable figure for some users).

Pros:

AVG is perfectly capable of protecting your computer from threats that persist online. It allows users to make customized installations, only the modules that they consider that they need and want to use frequently, the package integrates very well with the network functions of the Windows operating system. It allows you to make a group at home so you can share files and folders through the local network and also to work with the Windows platform applications. The Internet Security suite is ideal for offices. AVG is the protection you need while browsing the web and using its functions

Cons:

Its most basic package is not complete enough, and when we move to the middle, Internet Security, the level of security it offers is still insufficient, although its analysis is very fast, the suite slows down the system more than other competitors

Education Management, 11–50 Employees

internet security with avg

Pros:

in these days without internet security, we cant use the internet because lot of cyber attacks are waiting for us . you cant wait upto attack some softwares are doing well in this field .avg anti virus is good software to try and use.you can download it for free in playstore for mobile and also you can download it for pc.it worked very well in mobile i using this since last 5 years.an additional feature is junk cleaning in phone.i think this software popular in protecting internet security for your pc and mobiles. Finally, I like this software and i will recommend this.

Cons:

I totally like this software but all internet security software doing same mistake not without avg internet security, that if you download some app or software some words are some content they can't find which is very useful to us and its telling antivirus?.i downloaded one app of my bank and everytime use internet message from bank avg says its mallware .sometimes these softwares are not finding whioch is mallware and which is safe messages or safe content., times they will block good reputed websites also.my suggestion to these softwares you update your scanning cotents and add more contents into it

Peter
Teacher in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A non-intrusive antivirus software that doesn't bog down your PC

Comments: Teachers often use their laptops for numerous processes simultaneously, so AVG's ability to run in the background is crucial. It doesn't bog down the computer speeds at work like some programs (e.g., McAfee and Norton from previous experience). Our company was pleased with the program when we used it, though it's no longer in use. I still maintain a personal subscription because it works well on my personal PC at home. I believe the program does an excellent job keeping viruses and other threats off your computer, but be aware that the program is parceled out into multiple pieces that each have a cost.

Pros:

First, AVG runs in the background and rarely interferes with computer process or slows down our computers. Second, the company offers a robust free trial of their product. Third, after several years of use I believe it does an excellent job catching potential threats in real time and alerting you. I've never suffered any PC issues since installing AVG.

Cons:

AVG Internet Security is almost more of a suite of programs than a single program. They constantly try to up-sell you another feature like TuneUp for your PC, etc. They even end their normal virus scans by telling you that your computer suffers from slowdown, but you can't fix that issue unless you purchase another piece of the program.

Dilushi
Dilushi
Medical trainee in Sri Lanka
Medical Practice, 10,000+ Employees

Lifesaver

Comments: Few years go when I was in university my friend gave me his USB driver. And I came back to my home and plug it to my pc and i open it and save some kind of educational stuff to my pc and I turn it off. And the next day I turn on my pc and on my desktop their is only shortcuts.on that day I lost my all the documents ,photos and everything which were in pc. So ater that incident I used my lifesaver AVG and now I don’t worry about my stuff in pc because I have more than two year experience by using AVG antivirus sowtware and I highly recommended AVG to the person who had bad experience like me.

Pros:

AVG is the best antivirus software and the person who would like to have a peaceful mind should have AVG. Because if we already have this software we don’t have to worry about viruses specially we can download anything from internet like documents,files , software andalso plug USB devices without fear. Andalso it proctect us from hackers. So that’s why I called AVG Is my LIFESAVER. Another thing is AVG is not only for pc it also give protection to our phones.(I already downloaded AVG through play store)

Cons:

Occasionally appears on my desktop,a remider to upgrade software , try free trail like this kind of things.