Review of ContentCal

Kate C.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: ContentCal has enabled my virtual team to work together seamlessly across a number of clients and the agency has grown because of it.

Pros: - Very intuitive. I had my account up and running within 5 minutes. I was then quickly able to add team members and clients. We advise anyone we train to use ContentCal, many have been using other scheduling tools and they comment they find it an easy switch to make and enjoy the simplicity of it. - You can see your content across all your social channels on one screen. Want to change a post? No problem - just drag and drop it to another day. - The customer services team are super responsive and any issue is quickly resolved. - Great for planning. Each calendar has a planning channel where you can save content ideas ready for when you want to use them and also add categories for content. - Option to save your favourite hashtags to each calendar so you don't have to start from scratch every time. - The approval workflow allows multiple people to schedule to a calendar and provides the client /account owner ultimate sign off. It makes collaboration across a virtual team really easy. - No need for unsightly long links as there is a link shortener integrated into the tool.

Cons: The occaisional glitch with the new release but nothing that hasn't been sorted quickly by the customer service team.

Outstanding support from the team behind this great scheduling tool

Reviewed on 04/07/2019
Caroline M.
Managing Director
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: OUtstanding - my posting to platforms is much more planned and organised. My ability to view the rest of my team's posting for their clients is seamless. All of which gives me more time to work on my business not in my business.

Pros: It is very easy to use, the layout is simple and intuitive and visually it is easy to see what the status is of each post.

Cons: There is very little I don't like, due to the age of the tool some aspects of it are not as advanced as its competitors BUT the outstanding customer service, flexibility of the team, and constant upgrades far outweigh any cons. I moved away from ContentCal, once, as I was wooed by another glitzy product however I soon returned!!

A kick ass platform that solved a lot of Agency needs

Reviewed on 07/02/2019
Alex T.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: ContentCal has provided the following benefits to us and our Clients:
- Transparency
- Seamless organisation
- Accountability
- Responsibility
- A centralised social media tool
- Easy campaign planner
- Integration with multiple social channels
All the above has made social media team more effective and efficient, communication is simple and everyone feels in control of their own domain.

Pros: The number 1 thing we love is that fact that it is always developing. New features are added by the team, based on clients input and feedback. The company gives you a real feeling that this a tool that is built with the client and their customers first. The simple UI is fantastic, the drag and drop features, the clear calendar, the NO MESS (we've had some messy calendar before). As odd as it is, there is literally no learning curve, it's just simple and it works. Clients adapt quickly and all roles are set up immediately and work straight away. The feeling of professionalism that is transferred between agency and client is a HUGE bonus, and one that should be marketed by the team! Everyone is happy and organised, whether its our clients, our team, or our tech provider. Its a tripple win.

Cons: Sometimes they accidentally email our clients and aim to sell them the tool that they are already part of, but I believe that is more a CRM issue than a specific software issue. More focus on campaigns that the social media posts will be part of. There is a huge emphasis on the micro details, but not enough (yet) on the macro details of the campaign at large.

The best value scheduler out there -- makes my content planning a breeze

Reviewed on 25/01/2019
Nina V.
Marketing Coordinator
Computer Hardware, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Our content and social media has never been so organized and full. I can plan and execute content on a regular basis, and with the analytics, I can quickly see what is performing well and re-share it. We have seen a major increase in social media impressions and engagements since we started using ContentCal because we now know what works and what speaks to our audience so we can create more content like it.

Pros: This scheduler makes my content and social media work a breeze. The best part about ContentCal is that they listen to feedback from people who work in the industry and build out new features based on this feedback. I love that I can preview the post while drafting. I love that I can schedule a single post on multiple days. I LOVE the calendar view updates. I can quickly see what I have scheduled for each channel for that month and preview the post from the monthly calendar view. Brilliant. Thanks so much to the entire ContentCal team. I am so happy with the entire experience.

Cons: There's really not much I don't like. It would be nice to be able to post multiple photos to Instagram but I have a simple workaround for now. Everything else is smooth, intuitive, and improves my workflow greatly.

Why I love ContentCal

Ruth G.
Marketing Coach
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I don't like scheduling! ContentCal makes it a more pleasurable experience it's really satisfying seeing everything and it's great for planning and really have a good visual view of what you have planned for your channels.

Pros: ✅ It helps you visually plan your content so it doubles up as a content calendar AND a scheduling tool.
✅ You can post to multiple platforms in one go, so if I create a post I can click a button and it will go out on Twitter, LI and Facebook (obviously you need to amend these to fit the channels and you can move them around after).
✅ You can work as a team or use it for client approvals (NB extra users do incur a charge)
✅You can repeat posts easily - even on Twitter where some 3rd party tools won't let you.

Cons: Sometimes link previews don't come across and I've had a few posts go out by mistake multiple times. Also, the changeover from one version to another was tricky but then it was a busy time when I was making the move.

Take the pressure off your social media scheduling

Reviewed on 04/07/2019
Cathy W.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: ContentCal solves the problem of a very hands-on VIP client and was a game changer for me.

Pros: The team approval flow process is excellent. I can share all the content with clients who need this process and they can give approval without any extra work on my part. I also love the visual layout and easy drag and drop movement across days.

Cons: I wish it could post natively to Instagram and @mention properly.

We would be lost without ContentCal

Reviewed on 15/11/2018
Jacinta D.
Co Founder
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: As a team, we would be lost without it. It has helped communication, ​productivity and efficiency.

Pros: I love the layout. You can see your content across all your social channel. You can change this to view by week or month. For us this helps us check that we have our right hooks in the right place, if not we simply drag and drop to another day.
You can also view what it will look like on each platform before it goes out.
Each calendar​ has its own planning area where you can add categories, hashtags and campaign ideas. This makes planning with the team and clients much easier.
The approval workflow allows multiple people to schedule to a calendar leaving the option for the client or owner to have to overall approval for content that goes out.
The team are amazing! They are always responsive and helpful.

Cons: Scheduling directly to Instagram! I know it is coming soon so it's not really​ that big of a con.

Content Cal Review

Reviewed on 03/07/2019
Kirsty L.
Director / Social Media Strategist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It's a great planning tool; if you are looking for a scheduler with some nice touches this is certainly one to consider

Pros: Love the hashtag set up, the colour codes, the duplication across different platforms. Realise there are lots of features I'm not using; will find time to look at Zap link ups.

Cons: Image pull through is glitchy. Analytics are not detailed, but I use platform data for this so not a problem for me

This software has changed my business!

Reviewed on 15/11/2018
Paul I.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The team at ContentCal are a dream to work with. They listen to feedback and help me move my business forward. I am grateful to them for the support they give me and my team.

Pros: The UI is great - it gives me an overview of where each of our content schedules is. We managed multiple clients so having all this in one place is great. We have used the Pause All Content feature a few times, when terrorist incidents have occurred. This was helpful for us to reevaluate the mood and change content accordingly. We use the system as a portal to give clients access to what we're doing and they love it.

Cons: I'd love to be able to post directly to Instagram, but I know this is coming.

ContentCal really is a great product

Reviewed on 22/11/2018
Content Editor
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It's so easy to use, it is a massive help in my daily routine and takes out a lot of hassle I could do without. It just make my working day far more efficient. It's a great tool, great product, and everyone at ContentCal are a pleasure to work with.

Cons: If you have any concerns or experience any drawbacks, then ContentCal are only too happy to discuss them with you to help iron them out, to take your feedback on board, point you in the right direction, and even surprise you that they're already working on an area that you've pointed out could be changed or improved. They're right on the ball!

Content Calendar has increased our productivity by scheduling our social media publishing

Reviewed on 13/06/2018
13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Improved productivity and efficiency from pre-planning and scheduling your social media posts.

Pros: Working across multiple social media clients content calendars all in one place but in clearly separated and integrated views.

Cons: It can have some issues connecting with Facebook's API at times and not properly tag other pages but the support is fantastic so always look into this.

by Content Calendr on 18/06/2018

Thanks very much for the review!

ContentCal - content planning and scheduling in one

Kerry D.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have always struggled to find a visually appealing content calendar that also schedules and auto posts and can be shared with clients for sign-off. ContentCal solved this issue for me as I can now plan out content which can be approved and scheduled with one click.

Pros: I love the visual layout of the software, works as a great content planner as well as scheduling tool. Easy to add content and share a single piece across all platforms. The built-in approvals system is a huge bonus, makes getting client sign-off on content so easy.

Cons: I would love an app through which to save content directly rather than having to do everything on desktop.

ContentCal: the easiest scheduler for your social

Susie S.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: ContentCal have a fantastically responsive customer service team and listen to their customers. I recommend them to all my clients looking to manage their social with a scheduling tool.

Pros: ContentCal is so easy to navigate with a clear layout. It also has a workflow approval system which is a great feature when working with an approver.

Cons: ContentCal are continuously launching new features and improving their product so issues that arise are dealt with fast.

An intuitive scheduling tool

Linzi H.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Keeping scheduled posts for all platforms on one app, also keeping previous weeks/months work available for use/repost.

Pros: Layout is clean and clear by platform. Having a calendar style layout is intuitive for weekly/monthly planning. Colour coding for draft/pending/approved posts helps sign off process with clients.

Cons: Sometimes there are glitches, like the draft post pop up box can crash and close mid draft!

ContentCal saves agencies considerable time

Reviewed on 25/10/2018
Jessica H.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: As the director of a creative communications agency I work with numerous social media retainer clients. Since introducing ContentCal, we've managed to streamline our social media process to produce professional looking online calendars that we can present to our clients. Gone are the days of annoying PDFs! When we were looking for a tool to use, we found that ContentCal offered the most features at an affordable option. A lot of the other tools available a geared towards very large companies who have budgets we simply can't compete with. ContentCal enabled us to have access to some of the very same features at a fraction of the cost. Aside from streamlining our process, I'd say that Content Cal has significantly reduced our time and time is one of the most valuable assets that we have in our day to day work.

Pros: - Saves time
- Provides an effective and professional way of presenting social content to clients
- Great features

Cons: - There are a few desirable features missing, but I believe ContentCal will continue to develop and evolve this

Simple & Straightforward

Social Media Manager & Strategist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It's made my scheduling life so much easier! The layout, approval flow and clean and simple display help you stay focussed on the job in hand.

Pros: The calendar layout makes scheduling so much easier! You can easily see what's coming up and what holes still need to be filled. It's also great when you're working with an approval flow and you can easily see which posts still need approval/amending.

Cons: You're able to accidently post retrospectively, which is a bit annoying!

The Scheduling Tool of Dreams!

Vicky S.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The approval flow works really with all my clients who find it’s simple and easy to navigate. The new Zapier integration with Pocket has definitely helped refine my curated content process.

Pros: ContentCal is really visual, it’s easy to see what’s going out and when, what’s approved and what still needs work. It’s super easy to update posts and move them around the calendar by a simple drag & drop.

Cons: More analytics and a GIF library would be marvellous!

What’s not to love!

Sarah M.
Education Management, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: If I’ve ever had a problem or concern the ContentCal customer service team have been fantastic!

Pros: I love how user friendly ContentCal is. I mainly use it for scheduling on Twitter and it works like a dream. Enables me to plan my content in advance as well as schedule it.

Cons: Would love to be able to tag people and companies on LinkedIn as well as @ mention people on images on Twitter.

Great product!

Kelly B.
Social media manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Love it!

Pros: I love how easy it is and that my clients have their own login to preview content.
It’s a fabulous tool and the team at ContentCal make all the difference. They are there to help at any time!

Cons: It can be a bit slow at times and I do wish there was an option to “un-approve” to stop a post from going out without deleting or cancelling it

Reviewed on 16/10/2019
Jennifer G.
Author & Advocate
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Everyone I have met or spoken with from ContentCal has been able to answer my questions and solve my problems. I love the ease of use of Content Cal and it has saved me hours of time each month in switching over from Hootsuite.

Pros: I love the pinboard and the ability to duplicate posts easily. I run a Twitter chat and have a base of tweets that are the same each week. It’s saved me hours each month to have the pinboard as with other providers I had to copy and paste all the content.

Cons: That there isn’t a mobile app that uses all areas of the desktop site. I currently use a different app for Instagram.

Great scheduler for all!

Reviewed on 05/02/2019
Social Media Marketing Consultant
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I'm using it to schedule content in an easy, fast way and I look forward to trying out the approval feature with a new client.

Pros: ContentCal is easy to use and nice to view. It's very intuitive and the drag and drop functionality is life-changing. Customer service is very responsive too and you feel like you're talking to real people all the time.

Cons: There isn't a lot I don't like about it. There are always updates happening improving the overall experience so even features that didn't exist before, do now. I did enjoy being able to add ideas to the pinboard without them being tied to any particular channel as they are now.

ContentCal is the Content Calendar for us

Reviewed on 11/02/2019
Francois M.
Social Selling Trainer, Social Media Strategist, Social Media Trainer
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have been able to consolidate all our calendars into one platform that has built in workflow. we are now saving more than 3 hours in just calendar setup, nevermind the management and publishing of content.
I feel that we are now in total control of our calendar services.

Pros: ContentCal fits our needs exactly. We have over 100 calendars to manage and found managing this with Google Sheets – just cumbersome and open to errors.
ContentCal’s workflow makes it really simple for my agency to create, approve and publish social content on behalf of our clients.

Cons: There are zero negatives for us. So easy and simple to implement.

Very Good as its Job

Reviewed on 14/08/2019
Managing Director
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: ContentCal is designed for only one thing in the social media space, scheduling content to be posted, and for this task it succeeds with flying colours.

Cons: The up time is simply not what you would expect from premium software, with long periods of downtime occasionally causing significant issues.

A blessing for our small 502(c)(3) charity!

Reviewed on 06/09/2019
Joshua S.
Communications & Media Team Lead
Nonprofit Organization Management, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Being a visual calendar, even less technical volunteers have been able to help schedule and approve social media content with ease. Fewer people can do the job of many! Whether you team is large or small, you'll love the simplicity and automation of this social scheduling tool.

Pros: ContentCal.io has been a real force multiplier for our small disaster relief nonprofit.

Cons: Interface is best used on PC or Laptop, not yet fully mobile/responsive, but as long as you have a computer, all is well.

Why I'm Loyal

Reviewed on 09/10/2018
Owner & Founder
Photography, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have used a LOT of different social media scheduling tools over the years. Nothing ever fit the bill. I'm confident that the team at Content Cal will continue to listen to their loyal users and keep making the tweaks and changes we request to make our content goals achievable.

Pros: Its really REALLY easy to use. MY VA loves it. Having a clear month ahead view works so well for my creative mind.

Cons: We can't post to facebook groups. We can't post to Pinterest and have to duplicate work on Tailwind. Migration was a nightmare to the new version. It cost me extra overtime for my Va to re-post work we had already posted.