15 years helping British businesses

About ContentStudio

ContentStudio is a data-driven content marketing and social media tool that allows you to discover, compose and share engaging content.

Learn more about ContentStudio

Pros:

So many good things to say, but ContentStudio can pretty much integrate with every social media platform, including Tumblr, Medium and your own blog.

Cons:

Difficulty in using Instagram as I gave up after failing.

ContentStudio ratings

4.5
4.6
4.6
4.8

8.9/10

ContentStudio has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 670 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ContentStudio before?

Tim H.
Tim H.
Owner and Grand High Mucky Muck in Canada
Media Production, Self Employed

Better than I knew!

Comments: After an initial disappointing experience a long time ago, I've returned to ContentStudio and am pleased that I have. All of my social media accounts for different brands are now under one virtual roof.

Pros:

I was looking for a substitute for Buffer; while I loved the platform, I was reaching the limits of my current subscription tier, and I needed a solution that had as many of Buffer's features as possible, while not being as prohibitively expensive. Enter ContentStudio (CS). I bought a lifetime subscription through AppSumo a few years ago, used it for a while, then abandoned it, probably because at that time it wasn't as feature-rich as it is now. Then I recently remembered I had it, and tried it again. So far, any feature I loved or needed that Buffer had, showed up in CS as I used it.

Cons:

Sometimes, it's difficult to come from another platform where you're used to finding things in certain places, and while CS has good onboarding, it wasn't always easy to figure out what I wanted to do. Thankfully, support was very responsive, getting back to me within a couple of hours at most.

Rasmus Bernt
Rasmus Bernt
External Senior Management Consultant (Time Limited Assignment) in US
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

A solid platform and a rising star

Comments: Overall I'm happy with my weekly use of CS, and recommend it, not only due to their above average features, but also due to their ambitious road map and the team behind.

Pros:

I love how ambitious the team is, and how solid and well thought out new features are, when they are rolled out. The CS content planner give you a nice and easy to use overview. While the system has a very strong 'Content Discovery and Insights' feature, it also post to several social channels (9 at the moment if I remember right). Their 'Automation Recipes' module is quite unique and let you find, schedule and post relevant content on autopilot, based on the rules you setup. As any serious tools it is also important that CS include 'approval features', so wrong content don't go online

Cons:

As for almost every tool who have entered the market within the last years, Content Studio don't allow direct posting to Instagram. It has nothing to with the tool or the team behind, as they have worked extremely hard to make this happen. IG have simply 'closed the door' temporary, and don't let relative new tools get the needed access to their API. However I know the team continue to work with IG, but also look for any legit alternative. I would love you could post the same posts in more than 1 language (so your followers can read your post in their own language), and as far as I understand, this is already on their road map.

Best bang for your buck

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I loved the most that it's a very comprehensive tool, and it has everything I need in one place

Cons:

Some features, like the "discover" feature, sometimes feel like they've outdated results.

Erik
CEO in Netherlands

No Quality, Not honest!

Comments: - I would seriously recommend anybody NOT to use this platform. It is true that their contentcreation is okay, but the content will not be published on either Twitter or Instagram.
- It's impossible to contact them: no phone, no chat, only e-mail. And you just never know when they respond.
- I tried to cancel the plan, but that's not even possible! So, know I'm forced to block them on my creditcard and PayPal.

Pros:

- The content editor is very usuabilityfriendly. It's very easy to create and curate content for different platforms. Scheduling, automation (evergreens), use of repetatory hashtags make it very easy.

Cons:

- They offer an integration of blogs with websites, however intergrations with Shopify is not possible although they state it could be. When I asked about, Contentstudio responded that they are still waiting for approval of Shopify. - They have a feature to explore curated content. However this is very limited and only restricted to certain branches. Not really interesting for ecommerce focused on consumers. - Scheduling doesn't work: I scheduled several posts to be published on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. And although the system gave a notification it had been published, it had not! I had this several times, contacted ContentStudio about it, but never had a response.

Kwan
Kwan
Founder & CEO in Indonesia
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Deliver its Promise

Comments: After Hootsuite, Content studio can be a great contender for content management and posting.
95% scheduled posting delivered. 5% error mostly on Instagram account.
Expecting more refined and richer tools without keeping paying additional add-on services.

Pros:

- One tool for all your collaboration, content management, and posting. - Pick Content trending or most shared articles and easily add them to post. - There is an add on new influencer tool and analytics reporting - Multiple Workspace for client

Cons:

- Mobile app lacks robust features like on desktop. - failed to shorten links even already connected. - need wider integration with newer apps and tools: glorify, ocoya, pabbly...etc - article summarizes the need to be better. - branding for each workspace with client logo dn theme.

Tim
Tim
Circus Owner in US
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

Secret weapon in your arsenal of content

Comments: This is allowed me to generate content on a regular basis for a few of my blogs and also keeps me personally in the loop with new news and updates.

Pros:

Content Studio is super intuitive and easy to use. When I first got it I was a bit confused about the power it had, however after using it for over year it is now my go to solution for just about everything. You will love this application if you struggle with getting content daily.

Cons:

To be quite frank, I don't have things that I don't like about this. They keep rolling out new features, it's easy for me to use, I love the integrations it has... I kinda struggle to think about a negative drawback from it. :/

Joshua
Joshua
Directeur in Netherlands
Design, 2–10 Employees

Using ContentStudio is a breeze

Comments: It's helping us to work fast, efficient and creative. The planning ahead part I mentioned at the 'pros' point is a real big deal for us!

Pros:

- Ease of use and functionality. I'm happy with the softwarae because we are able to plan ahead and do so very effectively - User Interface is beautiful and intuitive

Cons:

The related topics for the branches I work for don't have other tranlations but English

Stephen
Stephen
Owner in Australia
Internet, 2–10 Employees

By Far the Best Tool for the Job

Comments: Posting not only for my own businesses social accounts but that of clients. It is a no brainer in terms of a value add or upsell to my other services.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to command such a wide array of social platforms in one place and with such a powerful yet simple interface.

Cons:

That I am still not using it to it's fullest potential.

Mark
Mark
Founder in UK
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Thumbs up for ContentStudio

Comments: Double thumbs up.

Pros:

An incredible tool to help with finding and automating curated content. Links with all the major platforms. Can create curated blog posts too. And a ton of other stuff I've not even scratched the surface with. It been developed beyond recognition since I start using it a few years ago. Each iteration it gets better and better. It's clear they listen to their users.

Cons:

Because there is so much functionality and possibility, there is a bit of a learning curve. But that's the same with any software as powerful as this.

José Gil
José Gil
Graphic Designer and Internet Marketing Consultant Specialist in Brazil
Internet, 2–10 Employees

ContentStudio: discover industry trends, compose compelling posts and share across all social media

Comments: The best app I have for researching and posting curated content.

Pros:

This app offers an excellent content from different social channels, videos and quotes filtered by trending and most shared content. And it work perfectly with with link shorteners. It has a nice interface out and this means that researching and posting is quick and easy. Also works with Google my Business now.

Cons:

Not so good content for non english languages. Not direct posting to Instagram.

Bernie
COO in UK
Investment Management, 2–10 Employees

Content Studio is a place to create, distribute, and track content in one platform.

Comments: I've tried or worked with many social media management platforms since 2008, when this became part of my work. Content Studio is one of the new wave of fierce start-up companies from the last five years that offer more value at a realistic cost. The way social media and content creation works has changed dramatically since 2015. Before then, it was either blog OR social media, and now EVERYTHING is media, and it is more complex than ever to form a connection with people and get found in organic search. Content Studio is making a considerable effort to create, distribute, and track content in one place as a viable offering. Con

Pros:

Content Studio is making a considerable effort to create, distribute, and track content in one place as a viable offering. There are many places to do this but I have found Content Studio to be bravely always making updates and progress towards a place to run your own 'media company' from. I like the way you can connect to so many social media and web platforms from one place. AND on the blog platform sort out your SEO, tag and other pre-post tasks, something that is always pain from inside WordPress! Connecting to Google My Business and Pinterest is a big deal too, not every social media platform does this.

Cons:

The weakness is the blogging platform. But it is always improving and I'm hopeful this will become a powerhouse. As with any software, there is a learning curve, and I've needed to spend time working out how to use it and fit it into my workflow.

Divaldo
CEO in Portugal
Consumer Services, Self Employed

Excelent social media management software

Comments: Weekly I plan posts on social networks with different contents and when the date arrives the software does its job. Interesting the fact that I can add more people from different companies, so I can do it before publishing for clients to receive early approval. The ios and android apps are excellent.

Pros:

I like the fact that I can manage different social media accounts in a single account. Simultaneous publishing on all networks and editing the contents adapting to the requirements of each social network is excellent.

Cons:

One of the factors that after years of use that make me worried is the addition of the Portuguese language.

Austin
Chief Revenue Officer in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

ContentStudio is exceptional for content planning and posting

Comments: ContentStudio handles my social posting and social research.

Pros:

ContentStudio is extremely full featured for an affordable tool. I am able to plan out campaigns, research topics, schedule posts, and track full analytics. I love how comprehensive the tool is.

Cons:

Since the tool is so full featured, it can take a couple hours to configure to your liking. Not an issue really, but something to be aware of.

Kirby
Founder in Australia

Your one-stop shop for all things Social Media

Comments: I love my experience with CS! They're a great, innovative team who are always improving their product for their customers, whether that’s 's analytics, insights, or different scheduling options.

Pros:

I love the endless choices you can make when either scheduling or curating content, whether you want it to show slightly different on several platforms or post evergreen content. ContentStudio is nothing to be taken lightly!

Cons:

So far, I don't like the lack of Instagram scheduling. Other than that, it's all pretty solid and a great tool for Digital Marketers.

Mark Anthony
Mark Anthony
Online Marketing and SEO Strategy Consultant in Canada

Complete Social Media and Content Partner

Comments: For our team it's all about being seamless and having the ability to publish from one tool. We love that we can discover new content as well as influencers in one go. Publish and plan with a full set of analytics to give us metrics that are usable and addressable. The social inbox feature is not something to scoff at. Allowing you to manage all conversations, from all platforms in one inbox makes our support process streamlined and with quicker response times. The main point for us is now we don't have to open and use multiple tools.

Pros:

ContentStudio is a versatile tool that will handle all of your social media marketing. With the ability to discover, curate, plan and post, this tool becomes a real swiss army knife. It enables our team to get posts up quickly and consistently. The calendar gives a bird's eye view and makes an ideal content calendar. It provides easy integration with my WP Blogs and even allows us to also access our Shopify pages. The Internet runs on content and ContentStudio has this part of its arsenal really locked down providing us with the most popular, trending content. With its evergreen publishing and rss features this allows us to set, schedule and maintain with ease.

Cons:

These two issues that I see as an issue are really no fault of the company itself. The link shorteners need more integrations. Considering that they also have their own link shortener, I can understand why it is limited. The inability to post directly to Instagram without the need for a pass-through with be beneficial.

Allison
business owner in Australia
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Ease of use

Comments: It is great to have all my client's social media channels in one place, save so much time.

Pros:

Being able to add all my client's social media channels to quickly make posts, edit & get approval

Cons:

getting a notification for each comment made by the client in the approval process. Would be nice to get batch emails

Marketing Manager in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Blown Away - There is nothing like it

Pros:

Concerning Version 2.0, There was nothing so far that I don't like about ContentStudio. The ui is modern, functional and intuitive. It has robust features without cluttery navigation. ContentStudio is a solution for many different challenges that I was facing, eg. the coordination of the different social media channels, the discovering relevant content, for curation and inspiration, formatting the content once found and working with different teammates. Another bonus is the degree of training and "how-to's" about using the products that they provide.

Cons:

Lack of JotUrl support is a big deal for me, and nearly a deal killer. They have said that they intend support JotURl soon, so that will make ContentStudio a perfect option.

Aditya
Aditya
Managing Partner in India
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Indispensable Social Media Marketing Suite

Comments: Have been mostly satisfied with content studio. Is very helpful for content curation for blogs and running automated campaigns. Has the scope for growing into a great social media software.

Pros:

Almost the perfect Social Media Marketing Suite. I had bought it primarily for its excellent content discovery feature as I had other options for automated social media posting. But the way this application has evolved over the past year is amazing. Now they have added the Analytics and Influencer modules with other tools like insights and social inbox which makes the software a must have if you are into social media marketing. The Content discovery tool is awesome and I have relied completely on this tool for all my content curation needs across a variety of niches for my blogs and websites. It has never dissappointed.

Cons:

It needs to develop some advanced features like to be able to auto-tag posts with UTM parameters, a better way of evergreen posting etc. Then it could be the swiss army knife of Social media marketing.

Leah
Leah
Founder in US
Alternative Medicine, 2–10 Employees

ContentStudio is absolutely worth it!

Comments: My engagement has gone up. It's easy to fine relevant, interesting content to share. The evergreen posting and ability to repeat posts is extremely helpful. The way ContentStudio organizes everything on the dashboard makes it very easy to keep tabs on what's been shared and what's left to share. I really love the software!

Pros:

I have been more than satisfied with ContentStudio in general. It has made sharing on social media and most importantly, having the right content to share on social media, so easy! I get really great engagement from the posts that my VA and I share from ContentStudio's discovery tabs and now having the mobile app allows me to share quick updates and last minute things to my SM followers as well. And just today, I had a really great experience with customer service/support! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was so helpful and ready to jump on a call with me in an instant to figure out my issue. It actually took a minute for us to connect because of time differences, but he was always kind and patient about finding a time and today we finally did - he solved my issue within minutes!

Cons:

I really can't think of any cons. It really has made everything so much easier.

Jason
Jason
Data Management Specialist in France

Excellent content curation software at a fraction of the price of Buzzsumo!

Pros:

Content Studio is an excellent content curation software which costs a fraction of the price of rivals such as Buzzsumo! Find trending topics in your niche, use RSS feeds for your favourite sites, link all types of social media accounts to curate engaging content for your tribe and establish yourself as an authority in your niche. There is even the option to do much of this with full automation if you like which could be incredibly powerful once you have managed to narrow down on highly focused keywords for your content. There are numerous automation "recipes" to help you to determine the most appropriate style of automation to use to ensure it is as effective as it can be. Support has been very responsive thus far and are open to suggestions which is good! In all honesty, I can probably ditch Buzzsumo and Buffer and just switch all my content curation to Content Studio in the future as it does it all under one roof. All in all, a great platform to use for all your content curation and scheduling needs.

Cons:

There's not a lot to not like if that makes sense! The UI is modern and clean, but it can be a bit slow and unresponsive at times, but this may be because they have just had a spike of new users joining through an AppSumo deal. Sometimes the articles it pulls in are not that relevant (but to be fair, that is the case for all these curation softwares) but you can exclude keywords to make the logic better. I have had issues using RSS feeds where I can only add a couple and then any attempt to add more results in an error saying that "this feed already exists," which obviously it doesn't. However, I have just got off a call with their support who says that this will be investigated and fixed soonest. I wish there was a way to unshorten links on the fly, similar to Buffer, but there isn't. So, only a few minor niggles.

Chamath
Chamath
Chief Technology Officer in Sri Lanka
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Best of all social media management application

Comments: In conclusion, our experience from the Contentstudio was good, no, even better. The content studio is
not that complex or hard to use. It saves you more time. More than enough.

Pros:

This is a working process of taking the guesswork of a freelancer. This is amazing. We used it in a little different way than many people do. If you are a writer, then use the given content to spot trends. And this is also an excellent tool for writing, editing, and distributing your own content. We recommend this to you! The pros and cons of this freelancer are very different than those of similar content. Some people have to have a point to understand where the pitch ideas are. You can discover the post from the massive list of the given sources. Can post in many multiple social networking and networking sites at a period each. Next, rescheduling is some other feature. You even have another excellent useful feature called the Automation. Many agencies with the digital feature need this application since it is saving a tremendous amount of time and also give extra quality for the services. It is even easy to manage all your entire content marketing tools. And from just one place. It also lets you create your own boolean searches. It is with the use of broad keys.

Cons:

The cons in the process are sometimes the process of application is a little slow. Even sometimes, insights and analytics are not in availability. Still, we think you were working on the same process. Many people do not find many cons, but there are some other cons. Those cons are for people with less knowledge of English. There is no direct posting to Instagram. Some people even find themselves missing the ability to use curated headlines in automation camps. At present, it is only showing that you are only getting the custom headlines that you design.

Executive Office, 2–10 Employees

Social media marketing how I want it to be done

Comments: Highly recommended if you want to have a well planned social media strategy that includes both your own content and other content that is relevant for your target audience.

Pros:

I've used dozens of social media tools over the years, but all of them have quirks that make them slightly less than user friendly. Some of them seem pretty good on the surface, but then are lacking in key areas. I am pleased to say that when I found Content Studio I found my social media marketing tool of choice. Content Studio makes it so easy to find and post relevant content. Everything you need is just a click away such as keyword specific research, scheduling, editing posts, etc. But there is lots more to Content Studio that you only discover as you start to use it proactively, and it is all of those bells and whistles that make this such a highly useable tool.

Cons:

There are a few features that I would like to see improved such as the Campaign feature, but I understand that is already in the works. Other than that, this is a superb tool that just keeps getting better and better.

Bikram K.
Bikram K.
Properitor in India
Events Services, 2–10 Employees

One of best social media marketing tools

Comments: I am using ContentStudio since 2017. In these years I saw many social media management platform come, but nothing has been as easy to use and versatile as this one is, so I am still using it for my website.

Pros:

Nice overall social media content management tool. It helps with planning, scheduling, and publishing content pieces. One can also select or create hashtags for the posts, but its hashtag facility is not very fancy. yet it does the job, to an extent. It also helps you monitor your inbox across various channels. It allows you to customize the posts to meet the content requirements of various social media channels.

Cons:

Instagram and Pinterest posts have been a problem for quite some time. Of which they have addressed the Instagram issue. I hope they address Pinterest One too. I wish the UI has been a little faster, and integration with Google Analytics would have been great to monitor social share from the website. It should have hashtag tools to find and analyze important hashtags. The basic influencer searching feature should be there in all plan, and not sold as an add-on.

Bintu Laraba
Bintu Laraba
Engineering Intern in Nigeria
Construction, 501–1,000 Employees

Manage Social Account With Ease

Comments: It's been a nice experience using it, we've been able to increase content reach and engage more audience.

Pros:

Managing social media can be challenging when the right tools aren't implemented. I remember how I was always online tracking the latest news, writing posts and getting tired when I started using social media then. But with ContentStudio, I can easily schedule my post and also recycle them when I want. I can easily track mentions, engage with relevant topics in my field and also increase my awareness. I also track analytics to know how well my content is performing. To manage your social media accounts better and curate quality content easily, ContentStudio is the right software to look out for.

Cons:

I haven't noticed anything discouraging about this software. It makes content management a lot easier for me.

Ozioma
Chief Strategy Officer in US
Executive Office, 2–10 Employees

An essential resource for Business Intelligence

Comments: Overall, I am really enjoying the platform and look forward to it growing and helping me grow.

Pros:

For many years, my role was head of Cultural Strategy, Insights and Innovation in the world of advertising. Having cultural intelligence was key. Once I launched my own business, I needed tools that could provide me with a level of depth and rigor so that I could see trends as they emerge. I believe that ContentStudio is a more than capable tool for this task. Also as a thoughtleader, I am always in need of being able to author and dissseminate content with ease. Contentstudio allows me to sync my medium and blog as well as all of my social media platforms so that I can share with ease. What I appreciate about Contentstudio is the ability we have to customize the tool for your own needs, as well as use what has been laid out for you. I was even able to gather all of my top trends sites into one feed and that has helped me stay up to date in areas that matter most for my business and the business of my clients.

Cons:

The one are that I sense needs work is the automatic feeds. The are not always so updated. However, this can be solved by creating your own feeds which seem to be more fresh. Some of the more advanced features could cost you a bit more, so factor this in at the very start.