iHASCO Reviews

by iHASCO

• Overall
    4.6/5

About iHASCO

iHASCO is a market-leading provider of Health & Safety and HR Compliance eLearning which includes a library of more than 100 courses!

Learn more about iHASCO

Bryan L.
HSQE Manager
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2018

"Easy to learn software, allows you to learn at your own pace, great for a busy office !"

Comments: I've been able to undertake DSE learning at my own pace, in the way I've preferred.

Pros: Being able to stop and start learning when time permits. Also the ability to run sessions over and over.

Cons: Can't ask anyone any questions to clarify or explain in greater detail as is possible in a face to face training environment.

• Reviewed on 18/06/2018
Kristian H.
Delivery, Liaison and Development Manager to Jaguar Land Rover
Management Consulting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/06/2018

"Very valuable experience, really puts things into perspective, certainly learned something new"

Comments: Really just a broader awareness of potential mental health issues. Many things are taken for granted at work or can be overlooked because of the challenges of work commitment when really they should be glaringly obvious in front of you. This software serves to remind us that we are all human and as such, are vulnerable to stress, anxiety, depression when subjected to unrealistic targets and objectives for lengthy periods of time. . It suggest that working just outside our comfort zone is essentially a good thing, something for the most part I would concur with but for how long though? Can you be comfortable in working out of your comfort zone? a slight paradox but surely there must be a limit to how long you can sustain that way of work life. An hour well worth spending though as there is always something new to learn when undertaking the kind of training.

Pros: It is very clear and easy to listen to. It makes you think of how you engage with colleagues who display some of the symptoms discussed which previously may not have been identified as mental health issues, it clearly identifies your role s a manager when dealing with potential sufferers. Most importantly, I doubt that very few people undertaking this training will not have seen some characteristic in their own well being which they haven't previously identified. I will certainly look at myself in the mirror more often and make sure that I am fully on the ball with mental health awareness and well being.

Cons: There was little not to like. like most training exercises and programmes, areas are covered which most people already have an understanding of but for me, this serves to refresh the memory before embarking on training in areas that I am unaccustomed and have limited experience with. I think the value for money rating is not necessarily valid for general users like myself, I have no idea what the programme costs so not really qualified to make comment. That aside it was well worth an hour of my time.

by iHasco on 07/06/2018

Thanks for the in depth review Kristian!

• Reviewed on 04/06/2018
Anouska I.
Head of Admin
Primary/Secondary Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/01/2020

"1st time user"

Comments: Average

Pros: Seemed professional and very slick, to start with.

Cons: but Con's the pages froze, so hand to revert back to previous page to then move forward extended the length to complete a course by 110%
Disappointed.

by iHASCO on 13/01/2020

Hi Anouska,

I was really sorry to see this was your experience of using our training. We do appreciate all feedback as it helps us improve our product and overall user experience.

I will ask our technical support team to look into this further.

If there is anything else I can do to help please do feel free to come back to me.

Head of Support

• Reviewed on 10/01/2020
Gareth D.
Teaching Assistant
Primary/Secondary Education, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2019

"Fire Awareness "

Comments: Yes. Very informative.

Pros: Easy to use. Educational. The test wasn't too hard.

Cons: None. Thought it might be a grind, but it wasn't.

by iHASCO on 16/12/2019

Thank you for your lovely feedback Gareth.

• Reviewed on 08/12/2019
Senior Copywriter
Marketing & Advertising, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/09/2018

"iHasco eLearning Review"

Pros: Nothing really. I suppose it's a blessing that you can hide the tab when you see how unhelpful this particular content is. I also like the goals of the people who made it - it is genuinely a very good aspiration to look after your staff's mental health, it's just terribly executed.

Cons: It seems all wrong for something purporting to help people deal with mental health issues. I'm sure the aim is good - remove the stigma around mental health etc, but it's all phrased as if you can just change your approach and be happy, not depressed. Telling people to replace negative thoughts with positive ones isn't massively helpful, for example. Also, I know it's a feature of the software, but I couldn't help imagining people with mental health problems thinking, 'OK, I'm being made to watch these videos - I'll actually turn the sound up and watch them all the way through' and then feeling even more hopeless afterwards.

by iHasco on 24/10/2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your honest review after looking at our Mental Health Awareness Training.
The course has been designed to talk about mental health openly and to remind people that there are many small, daily tools that you can use to improve it, but not every option will work for all. We wanted to offer a range of insights and options for people who sit at all different places on the spectrum - including those that are maintaining good mental health and those that want some new things to try. We also offer awareness of - and signposting for - people that are struggling with poor mental health or mental illnesses.
We hope this course helps to highlight the importance of looking after yourself, and how your organisation can look after you.
Please do feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else I can help with or with any ideas that you feel could improve the course content and delivery. All feedback is greatly appreciated.

• Reviewed on 16/09/2018
Julie B.
Health & Safety Manager
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/12/2019

"Accident Reporting"

Comments: I am responsible for iHasco being part of our e-learning health and safety training.

Pros: Very clear and easy to follow guidance. Interactive, engaging and accurate.

Cons: On the video section it can be long; I prefer the transcript so that you can move swiftly through the course.

by iHASCO on 04/12/2019

Thank you for your lovely feedback Julie. It's great to see you have found our training clear, easy to follow and engaging.

• Reviewed on 02/12/2019
Colin B.
sales director
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2019

"Clear and concise"

Comments: Good clear and concise approach to training

Pros: Good mixture of Visual audio and reading

Cons: A few more situation acted role plays would be useful considering very few people will face an issue until they face an issue.

• Reviewed on 18/11/2019
Kathryn M.
catering
Food & Beverages, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2019

"vulnerable adults"

Comments: Over all I found it informative and helpful and easy to learn in my own time

Pros: Information was easy to understand and the fact that there was a few short questions before test helped in the process of the test.

Cons: People should no how much its going to be at the start I still don't no!!!

• Reviewed on 10/11/2019
Marilyn W.
Assistant Administrator
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2019

"Risk Assessment"

Comments: This was mandatory training as part of a 'new staff induction' process provided from my employer, however the course was interesting and the knowledge gained important information to learn.

Pros: Simple to use and easy to understand programme. A well constructed format that takes the learner through the course at a pace that although systematical is flexible and convenient, so you can work at a pace that suits you.

Cons: The login in process which was slightly longer than needed.

• Reviewed on 29/10/2019
Susan W.
traffic signals design engineer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2019

"Liked this course but my Sector Assessor (ASLEC) is saying that they don't recognise your course."

Comments: Very good. However, I am in dispute with my Accreditation board (ASLEC) as to whether they recognise this course as suitable for their Manual Handling unit as part of my Sector 8 training. This is disappointing and is the reason why I can not not say that I would recommend you at this time. I can provide contact details for ASLEC if you would like to discuss this with them.

Pros: Very easy to use. Slides are interesting and help to keep you focused.

Cons: Volume not very good at some points - had to use subtitles.

• Reviewed on 06/12/2019
Kay M.
HR & Quality Manager
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2018

"A fantastic resource"

Comments: Overall experience has been fantastic; we have expanded our use of iHasco year on year because of the quality of training content, ease of access and value for money.
This is a fantastic CPD resource and we can be confident that we are staying abreast of new legislation as iHasco are continually expanding and updating their delivery. Training 100 staff in GDPR Awareness in a convential classroom session would have meant closing down our core business for several days - with iHasco, we were able to meet all our requirements with no interruptions and comments from staff tell us that this style of delivery makes them feel far less pressured.
Finally, our advisor (CS - you know who you are!) is absolutely wonderful; never a 'hard sell', just helpful and informative about what will work for our business.

Pros: Easy to use, easy to manage
Staff love being able to pick up training at their convenience and enjoy the interactivity
Being able to assign specific courses to specific people or roles rather than a blanket approach
Extremely cost effective
Range of management settings is impressive (e.g. preventing users from 'skipping' through sections!)

Cons: Only problem experienced is not being able to amend emails in user profiles, but this is easily fixed by a quick call to the iHasco team, who are always ready to help

• Reviewed on 16/10/2018
Benjamin A.
Architectural Technician
Architecture & Planning, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/05/2019

"Clear, concise, thorough and enabling - efficient and effective."

Comments: This is a very efficient and effective method of training that is suited to all roles and levels of employment.

Pros: Everything about the training was very clear and concise, as well as being very thorough in the necessary information presented. The presentation was also interesting (and at times humorous and amusing), keeping the user's attention throughout. This excellent presentation was further enhanced by the ability to review the information easily and as often as necessary to feel confident of knowing the information. When completing the test, if an incorrect answer was identified, there was the option to exit the test and review the content again to be able to answer the question correctly next time. This process meant that key points were repeated until the user was certain of the correct answer, making if very effective training. In addition, while it was not necessary to complete the training, additional information was provided should the user wish to investigate matters further.

Cons: I have nothing negative to note regarding the training package. The only suggestion I would give is that the summaries and additional information be provided as a complete downloadable package for following review if necessary.

by iHASCO on 04/06/2019

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback Benjamin!

• Reviewed on 31/05/2019
Annette P.
Secretary/Adminstrator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/09/2018

"video/picture frames help put the detail into perspective"

Comments: The Account Manager has been very helpful and clearly explained how I could access the various administrator functions, which allows me to view progress, print off reports, email staff and add training to specific staff. The option for the administrator to try out a course before purchase is very helpful as it allows us to assess if it is suitable for staff.

Pros: I was very impressed with this software. The videos helped explain the theory. It was very clear and easy to understand. The instructor spoke slowly and clearly. Links to further information are very useful. Easy to sign on and return to training, or redo the training or sections of it are beneficial.

Cons: To be honest I can't really fault it. I have used iHasco now for a few years and they have improved the user experience. The only problem we have experienced is sound, but after investigation it turned out that it wasn't the iHasco software, but our end, so we just needed to purchase headphones for some computers.

• Reviewed on 19/09/2018
Ashleigh C.
Fleet Manager
Plastics, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2019

"Great Training Suite"

Comments: The entire process from ordering to implementation was very well coordinated with iHASCO. Their staff are extremely helpful, patient and knowledgeable of their training suite. Special mention to my account manager - who not only really took the time to explain all the functions and provide the exact assistance I was looking for but also came across in a professional manner and making the whole training process a real positive experience. They really are a top team who look after their clients and the cost for the course was very reasonable and I have no doubts that we will be using them again for further training courses. Thank you iHASCO!

Pros: The ease of use to set up for the business was a great advantage to using the third-party software. Clear and concise menu layout - a very uncluttered dashboard and the suits me just fine.

Cons: If I had to be picky I would say that adding users without an email address took some hunting around the software but in all fairness to iHASCO, my account manager was quick to help me and now it is second nature to me to add an employee through the system.

• Reviewed on 20/08/2019
Susan W.
library assistant
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2018

"Interesting subject."

Pros: the presentation was interesting and engaging. The graphics were very effective and clear.
The written information was also clear and concise.

Cons: I made some notes whilst taking the course but worry that I could easily forget the course info.
I am concerned that we are moving to online courses at the expense of classroom led courses, which offer something more tangible. In particular, this course refers to types of fire extinguishers etc. It would perhaps be useful to see such instruments in the flesh (though not to have to activate them!) to gain more understanding of their function and category.

• Reviewed on 09/07/2018
Sue W.
Head of Projects
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2019

"H&S Training made painless"

Comments: Excellent. We can now train our whole work force in health and safety in a flexible and cost effective manner.

Pros: High quality visual aids to accompany the narrative

Cons: Reporting tool at the back end could be easier to use. I need to produce a report showing who has completed which courses and cannot do this in a single report. I have to download info. for each course individually and then combine it on a single spreadsheet, which is time consuming.

by iHASCO on 22/05/2019

Hi Sue,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback!

I'm also pleased to be able to you know there is a consolidated training report you are able to produce which will give you everything you need in one report. Either myself or your account manager Sue Webb would be more than happy to talk you through how to do this.

If there is anything else I can help with please let me know.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2019
Shirley T.
Scheme Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2018

"iHasco GDPR Training"

Comments: IHasco training clears your understanding of issues and gives guidelines to apply at work. Very beneficial.

Pros: Easy to manouver around each page. You are welcome to review and return to previous pages which is good.

Cons: Only problem is that I got 85% and I could not take the test again! Frustrating as I know where I went wrong and know I could have done better.

• Reviewed on 17/10/2018
Dan E.
Maintenance Assistant
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/01/2019

"very accessable"

Comments: I always find the iHasco courses engaging and interesting especially when compared to other training slides where it feels like they go on forever.

Pros: It helps having clear and good quality audio and visual slides rather than having to read pages and pages of info instead.

Cons: Can't think of any cons really. Good course all round.

by iHasco on 04/01/2019

Hi Dan

Thank you for the lovely feedback!v Really pleased to see you find our training engaging and interesting.

Please do feel free to contact me if there is anything else I can help with.

• Reviewed on 03/01/2019
James C.
HR Director
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2018

"Great service, Rep and the whole team very supportive "

Pros: It's easy to use, relevant to the role and excellent content. The video content is great with no wooden actors.

Cons: Would like to be able to see learners complete this through an app. This would benefit is as we have remote workers

by iHasco on 18/06/2018

Hi James, thanks for taking the time to write a review. With regards to remote workers, our training suite is fully compatible with mobile browsers so they should be able to access and complete their training using Android or iOS devices. :)

• Reviewed on 14/06/2018
Paul W.
Engineer
Industrial Automation, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2019

"Simple Basic training meets requirements"

Pros: Simplicity in explaining all the Basic concepts.

Cons: No Subtitles in Videos. For people who are Hard of hearing like me this is a Major drawback as it means I have to bring Headphones into work in order to complete the training. This also means there is a potential for bad communication when a word is not spoken clearly.

by iHasco on 14/01/2019

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your feedback after completing our training.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review after completing our online training.

We do have a transcript feature that can be enabled on all of our courses which will give you the entire course script running below the corresponding video slide. This link will explain how they can be enabled...

If there is anything else I can help with at all please do feel free to come back to me.

• Reviewed on 11/01/2019
Mohan R.
Industrial Automation, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2019

"Certificate "

Comments: Probably yes, but No due to scores showed on certificate.

Pros: Feels lively training attended as nicely presented over slides and transcripts.

Cons: Scoring percentage showed on certificate which is extremely bad idea. It should be just Pass and or Fail. Customers takes wrongly and underestimates looking into scores.

by iHASCO on 16/05/2019

Hi Mohan,

Thank you for your feedback after completing our E-Learning.

I was pleased to see you found it nicely presented and easy to use.

I am pleased to also be able to say we do offer the ability to remove the percentage score from certificates. This is an additional feature that your training administrator has the option to enable via their management suite.

Please do feel free to come back to me if there is anything else I can help with.

[email protected]

• Reviewed on 15/05/2019
Mel H.
Owner, Manager
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2018

"Easy to use and clear to understand"

Pros: easy to access, easy to use, clear and easy to understand

Cons: I did want to do the test again as I made 2 silly mistakes, but even though the sections all had a tick next to them, I had to go through the whole course again before I could do the test. I am sure I used to be able to just re-do the test in the past, and this is the impression that it gives on the screen information.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2018
Amanda B.
Finance Controller
Environmental Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2019

"Fire Warden - AB"

Comments: We can invite a number of staff to undergo training that would normally need time and money in organising the relevant external trainers and making sure staff are available at a time to suit all.
This way is much easier and convenient and allows us to 'train' more people.

Pros: This was so easy to watch and listen - because of the ease and you going at your own pace you can stop and make as many notes or repeat if you prefer

Cons: You can get distracted with it being at your own pace - stop and start - its an important topic and you should concentrate on its completion as soon as possible

• Reviewed on 08/06/2019
David W.
H&S Advisor
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2019

"risk assessment"

Pros: all information was within the presentation
clear
ease of use

Cons: same format for all presentations ...main speak and dressed in black and limited hand movements obviously a conscious effort to limit distraction from the subject matter ...when completing a number of course the format i feel needs more interaction from the user.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2019
Tom C.
School Technician
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/10/2018

"Decent if overlong and somewhat patronising"

Pros: Normal excellent IHasco presentation. Bitesize segments enable easy replayability as I am in a busy office and cannot guarantee complete immersion in training materials.

Cons: Should have been broken down into two or more smaller overall units. Huge reliance on memorizing statistics. Patronising tone when providing advice to reduce environmental impact.

• Reviewed on 01/10/2018