Proofpoint Email Protection Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall

About Proofpoint Email Protection

Email security management solution that helps detect & block threats through various tools like firewalls, SCSS & more.

Learn more about Proofpoint Email Protection

Eli P.
Centralized Services Manager in US

Good Email Protection but not Best for Archiving

4 2 years ago

Comments: Proofpoint allows us to protect our clients from email based threats without a large learning curve. There a some minor issues here and there, but as email protection only, it is a good product.

Pros:

It effectively protects our company from email based attacks. Email protection and filtering is easy to use. Most end users are able to complete basic tasks without issue.

Cons:

There is a longer delay then expected when the product scans email attachment. Delivery of emails with small PDF attachments can be delayed up to 10 minutes sometimes. The product is not the best for email archiving. There is no search function for searching the body of emails, leading to customer frustration when trying to find specific words in emails.

Carrie H.
Carrie H.
Strategic Planning Consultant in US
Civil Engineering, 10,000+ Employees

A robust filter for potential threatening emails

4 3 years ago

Comments: Proofpoint filters through my emails at all times to make sure I am receiving emails that are priority emails, and hides away irrelevant emails that can be marked as promotional or spam and puts them into quarantine. At a certain point in the day, I get an email notifying me which emails were filtered out, so I can allow them to release the emails or mark something as not spam.

Pros:

Proofpoint filters through my emails and catches emails that are not marked as spam or junk, but are irrelevant from my daily functioning needs. It is an email filter that takes email protection one step further.

Cons:

Sometimes it filters out emails that are not spam, and I have to wait until Proofpoint informs me that it has emails in quarantine to be able to access those emails.

Web Customer Experience in US
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees

It protects your email, and here's the proof

4 3 years ago

Comments: The company uses it for an added layer if protection against unknown and unwanted emails

Pros:

Seamless integration for our servers. One and done

Cons:

It's not a perfect system, but there's really no such thing

Beau K.
Beau K.
Graduate Assistant to the Dean of the Woodbury School of Business in US
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Best Email Protection In World

5 2 years ago

Comments: I could not be happier with our decision to protect our company. Cyber security isn't something we have to worry about anymore.

Pros:

What I like most about this product is that I have not had any security concerns since using it. We have not had any hacks and spam emails are actually down which helps us focus on the important emails.

Cons:

What I like least is that although we have not gotten hacked, we don't necessarily know what we are getting. We weren't getting hacked before, so it is an ambiguous process where we don't exactly know what they're doing for us.

Technical Security Officer in Netherlands
Fund-Raising, 501-1,000 Employees

Very good for email protection, though bit pricey

5 2 years ago

Comments: After setup with the help of professional services, we only occasionally tuned the software ourselves now. We are a multi-entity organization and Proofpoint supports having "suborgs" for this.

Pros:

From the start Proofpoint Email Protection has done a great job protecting our users from all email threats. It has done a better job then our previous software. The support is good and fairly quick. I also did an Instructor Led Training Course and the trainer was very good. Online training options are also available as part of the Proofpoint Level Up site.

Cons:

There are some minor issues: the GUI is a bit dated (but very functional). From what I understand a major rework is being planned but no date yet. Also the False Positive/Negative reporting can be more streamlined.

Brian K.
Sr Program Manager in US
Automotive, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Robust, Effective Tool

5 4 months ago

Comments: It is a great combination of being end user friendly and easy to administer

Pros:

It is highly effective against blocking malicious attacks via email

Cons:

I wish there was slightly more granular content filtering policies

Francisco javier R.
Francisco javier R.
Subgerente de Soporte Mecánico in Chile
Industrial Automation, 201-500 Employees

Good filter, not sure 'bout the digest report

4 2 years ago

Comments: We keep using proofpoint to keep our mail inbox clean and safe

Pros:

Proofpoint keeps my inbox clean, that's certain and you can also create a rule to get rid of those annoyng providers and many other features. It's customizable so you can manage what you consider spam.

Cons:

Once a rule was automatically created an all the comunication with one of our customer's domain was rejected, thus we almost had a sever incident with them but we managed to notice the problem and solve it on time

Seth K.
Owner in US

Some glaring holes in primary faetures

4 3 years ago

Comments: So far we are on the fence if we will continue using this product across our many users. The security shortcoming could have dire consequences along with liability concerns.

Pros:

On the basic level it does what it is supposed to which is filter email threats and utilize a portal for secure, encrypted email processing.

Cons:

The encryption module has a lot to be desired. The largest glaring hole we found is when sending an encrypted email via the Outlook plugin, any subsequent reply to the conversation will go out unencrypted unless the original sender remembers to hit the "Send Securely" button on every single reply. If this is forgotten once, then the entire conversation is sent out in the open which breaks all levels of security & compliance. When a user utilizes the subject trigger, this is not an issue, however users cannot be expected to remember these small nuances & shortcomings (plus most want to use the simple "Send Securely" button). If you are going to create a plugin, make sure it covers ALL bases. Possibly have the plugin insert it's own subject in order to trigger conversation replies.

Nate W.
Developer in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Proofpoint Email Protection is a must have

4 2 years ago

Comments: Proofpoint Email Protection was my recommended front line of defense for email delivery.

Pros:

One of my favorite features of Proofpoint Email Protection is TAP. This feature really goes the distance with protecting from malicious outside emails.

Cons:

Proofpoint Email Protection can sometimes be hard to setup without a consultant. Especially with email message routing.

Tilmon H.
Tilmon H.
Vice President in US
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees

Email protection in the cloud

4 3 years ago

Pros:

This solution has made a great benefit for us to protect and encrypt emails to and from our domain while using a cloud based service

Cons:

AD configuration was difficult as well as allowing internal group email flow to continue

Danika T.
Event Specialist in US
Events Services, Self Employed

Is this necessary?

5 5 months ago

Comments: It was fine if that was the only option but other less obvious to the user solutions would be my preference

Pros:

Even though it was extra steps to get what I needed to done, it was straightforward after you had used it a while.

Cons:

It seemed like there were a too many extra steps to be able to complete easy daily tasks like checking an email.

Jamison M.
President in US

Excellent software for reducing fraud, phishing, and spam emails

5 2 years ago

Comments: Love it, you should absolutely deploy this with your enterprise email platform

Pros:

I've deployed this for a couple organizations and noticed immediate results. Phishing and other scam emails have all but stopped. Spam, spam is tough, what is a subscription and what is unsolicited... Proofpoint does a pretty good job separating out approved and unapproved emails.

Cons:

Subscription emails that I DO want to received are caught in spam. This isn't that big a deal because I'm able to approve these to be delivered, but it can be difficult and frustrating sometimes.

Bob P.
Tier 4 in US

Worst Support and Terrible SPAM Filtering

1 3 years ago

Comments: Not pleasant, spent more time configuring the filter than should have.

Pros:

The easy of migrating off of it to other functional Email protection solutions

Cons:

The support takes forever to reach by phone and email. The Techs don't use common sense takes hours to get results. Most of the time you email support you get a canned response.

Leo L.
Security Engineer in Malaysia

Very advanced ESG Solution

5 4 days ago New

Pros:

Not just a simple ESG solution. Proofpoint also provides Targeted Attack Protection which protects those very-attacked-person like CEO, management persons. Proofpoint also provides training to educate the end-users on email awareness. Not hard or complicated to use, the email filtering and threat protection works very well. We are able to track the filtered emails and caught threat very easily.

Cons:

Price is quite top notch but you get what you pay.

Customer Service in US
Automotive, 501-1,000 Employees

Some features don't work

3 3 years ago

Pros:

I like that it filters out certain emails that may be of concern and I can look at them on a one on one basis.

Cons:

It only ever lets me "release" emails. When I mark them as spam or try to delete directly in the Proofpoint program it never actually does anything.

Jersson G.
IT Manager in US
Photography, 11-50 Employees

It gets the job done!

4 2 years ago

Comments: Proofpoint does a great job of detecting spam and other malicious emails.

Pros:

Proofpoint does a great job of filtering spam and malicious emails. It was easy to set up and it keeps our users safe. If our mail server goes down, we know we can count on Proofpoint to hold our messages until it comes back online.

Cons:

The GUI isn't very user friendly, but I recently previewed version 6.0 (beta) and it looks very promising. Having said that, once you get used to the Proofpoint terminology and the overall navigation, you make things work :-)

IT Director in US

Proofpoint - get your company email vulnerabilities under control

4 3 years ago

Comments: Great cloud based email protection.

Pros:

Easy to us, easy to integrate with your existing email servers, great assistance in setup, nice reporting features.

Cons:

There is an issue with accounts that are not allowed sign-in when integrating with active directory.

Ryan M.
Benefits Consultant in US
Human Resources, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great email protection

4 2 years ago

Comments: This helps protects our sensitive data. The user interface is simple to use.

Pros:

I like most that this protects all of your emails. The user experience is very good. The message is clear and easy to read.

Cons:

What is the most frustrating about this software is that once you view a message, you cannot go back to see the general inbox. You have to find the message you want and reopen the program.

Matt K.
Matt K.
CEO in US

Peace of Mind with ProofPoint Essentials

5 5 months ago

Comments: My overall experience is very good. The software simply does what it promises to do very well. We use it for email protection.

Pros:

ProofPoint Essentials provides a complete line of email protection tools, such as simple spam protection, phishing protection, URL and attachment sandboxing, encryption, emergency inbox and archival. It is extremely effective and very little malicious email gets through. The daily digest reassures end users that they are not missing important emails.

Cons:

The setup is a bit complex and requires at least one hour per installation, with MX record changes, transport rules, and setting up the profile. The provided PowerShell scripts for Office 365 help, but it still takes longer than I would like.

IT EXECUTIVE in Oman
Wholesale, 201-500 Employees

PROOFPOINT , BETTER WAY TO PROTECT YOUR FORM FROM SPAMS AND PHISHING.

4 2 years ago

Comments: Ido like the power of the software to protect the endpoints from spam mails and phishing attack, but i recommend the UI to be little more user friendly.

Pros:

Much better in terms of Spam detection and also link protection , It will scan any links in our incoming mail and check whether it's genuine. Earlier we were using Trend micro email security and i find proof point much better in terms of spam detection and protecting the endpoints form clicking on unwanted links in the mails. Since its a cloud product the loading time of the interface may take some time , at times i find the UI very run responsive but that will not be a issue as it will be temporary for some minutes

Cons:

I can't say it as a demerit but what i dislike the most with proof point is that for quarantined mails bulk delete option is shown and sometimes some bulk mails getting listed in the quarantined folder needs to be deleted one by one. like if am getting multiple spam mails from a single mail id i should be given the option to deleted the same . But for our convenience they have given an option to hide those types.

IT Security Manager in US
Automotive, 501-1,000 Employees

Goverment Purchase government problems

3 last year

Comments: A lot of flash not a lot of flare.

Pros:

the product itself is an awesome tool when you are a JR Analyst working small individuals

Cons:

The capacity for growth within the software leaves something to be desired.

BI Analyst/IT Administrator in US
Industrial Automation, 201-500 Employees

Proofpoint Email Filter

4 3 years ago

Comments: It is doing its job and filtering off what it is supposed to. I haven't had any issues with it and is working great.

Pros:

Proofpoint lets you finely tune your email filter so that you can figure out what will get Quarantined. It has prevented a lot of SPAM and Viruses from getting through.

Cons:

I'm not the biggest fan of the User Interface layout.

Tim Z.
Tim Z.
Security Engineer in US
Utilities, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Best mail protection

5 12 months ago

Comments: We have Proofpoint email protection, TRAP, TAP, and PSAT. They do a great job. We can pull emails from use with little effort and false positives are almost not a issue for us.

Pros:

I love how well it works and the information/reporting I can get from it.

Cons:

All the different sites I have to check. I wish all these products were in one site. Then it would save time.

Nate W.
Software Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Proofpoint

5 3 years ago

Pros:

This is one of the best email firewalls you can find.

Cons:

This product can be complex in setup and maintaining.

Akram S.
Systems Engineer in US
Food & Beverages, 201-500 Employees

We rely on ProofPoint Protection

5 4 months ago

Pros:

Multiple modules from a centralized location. We rely on PPF for our org's email protection including TAP/TRAP/ spoofing and spam protection.

Cons:

Unresponsiveness of technical support: we had experiences where the technical support is not as responsive as we would expect. When opening P1 tickets from the business's standpoint, PP's support would request to reduce the priority .