ADP Comprehensive Services Review

Nicholas L.
HR Analyst
Venture Capital & Private Equity, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It has been helpful to provide metrics for senior management regarding HR analytics, self service for our employees for a bunch of personal information, allow for I-9 management through E-verify, great custom reporting to be able to pull for our teams within our organization, and allow for online performance management for our employee population.

Pros: There are plenty of great options such as faster customer service- being able to talk to a representative very quickly, super helpful with setup such as for open enrollment in setting up all the new plans and rates, setup with API's to vendors, help with total management, addition of HR analytics and dashboard for management and HR to make metrics that are very useful, help with custom reporting and very easy for employees being able to make changes such as their direct deposit, tax information , life events and benefit enrollment. It is also great to have the E-verify file feed built into ADP so we can send it directly to them.

Cons: The on boarding for ADP is not great and does not allow for a true on boarding system as we cannot electronically sign for any documents and cannot transfer all data from our ATS. Sometimes, we have experienced a longer wait time for customer service and it makes it difficult to talk with someone but have had a good overall experience. The total management is not a true capture for management of leave as we do not have any ADP time sheets so it makes it impossible to track based on time sheets since we use Unanet.

by ADP Comprehensive Services on 09/01/2019

Hi Nicholas, thank you for taking the time to provide a review of ADP Comprehensive Services. We appreciate your business and loyalty to ADP!

The perfect addition to our HR team

Reviewed on 23/01/2019
Dana H.
HR Specialist
Retail, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We are a growing business that used to do all payroll and HR management in house. As we began to grow, it became obvious that our old ways were not going to cut it in terms of volume of new hires and a forever lengthening payroll list. Adding ADP to our company has really streamlined how we handle every area of payroll and HR, that we are saving time and adding value to our outdated processes.

Pros: What I like most about ADP Comprehensive Services is the ease of use. After completing a few training classes for the service, I felt very competent in using the software, and very confident that I could continue to gain more knowledge as time went on. ADP does an excellent job of providing you witht he tools needed to get your company up and running fast with their software.

Cons: What I like the least about ADP Comprehensive Services is that certain modules work better with different browsers, and that can be very frustrating. Having to switch back and forth between chrome and IE to get the best experience from one situation to the next is not ideal.

by ADP Comprehensive Services on 24/01/2019

Hi Dana, thank you for providing a review of ADP Comprehensive Services. We're so happy that your payroll and HR areas have been streamlined, saving time and adding value!

Great product for the right type of customer

Reviewed on 16/05/2019
HRIS Analyst
Chemicals, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: There are a lot of modules that are bundled within the system that we find useful.

Cons: There are very limited options for customization.

by ADP Comprehensive Services on 17/05/2019

Thank you so much for the review! We appreciate your business and will continue to deliver market-leading features and functionality to our clients. Have a great day!

The system is a good but there are quirks and not even your staff knows how to resolve at time

Donna S.
Human Resources Director
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: All files are now uploaded electronically, appraisals are done online and is now paperless. They have great features if only the implementation and training were better. They provide you with videos that are completely outdated.

Pros: Different features, good variety. It has tons of functions, if only the implementation team was adequate. I have worked on several implementations and the whole process is a mess.

Cons: The training is not very good. I used Administaff several years ago and their implementation & training rocked

by ADP Comprehensive Services on 20/07/2018

Hi Donna, thank you for providing a review of ADP Comprehensive Services. We appreciate your business and loyalty to APP! I would love to connect with you more about our customer support. Please reach out to: [email protected]

ADP Comprehensive Services- Review

Reviewed on 19/09/2019
Angelica M.
VP/Director of Human Resources
Banking, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I can be a one person HR department. Also, I can create reports that third parties are requesting in a matter of minutes since all the information is in one system.

Pros: That it entails all HR aspects. Love that everything you need to know is a click or two away.

Cons: The implementation falls short of the expectations. No true guidance is given. It is up to the implementer to make the decision, but what if we don't know how we want to set up the feature.

by ADP Comprehensive Services on 20/09/2019

Hi Angelica,
Thank you so much for the review! We appreciate your business!

Loyal ADP customer

Reviewed on 30/01/2019
Samuel R.
Director of Human Resources
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Over the years i have been assigned a number of Relationship Managers (RM) to work with our organization. Each RM has been a pleasure to work with. The RM's have helped with developing our employee satisfactions surveys.

Pros: The software has many features helpful for Human Resources. along with the software you get great technical support and excellent customer service.

Cons: So far, i can't think of any con's. However, i have recommended that ADP offer more hands-on live training li sessions. I enjoy classroom training that compliments my learning preference ad style.

by ADP Comprehensive Services on 01/02/2019

Hi Samuel, thank you for providing a review of ADP Comprehensive Services. We're proud of our service and support!

ADP WFN is good but you'll regret adding comprehensive services...

Reviewed on 11/05/2019
Payroll Specialist
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I refuse to work for any company that uses comprehensive services.

Pros: Absolutely nothing, it's extremely expensive and adds nothing to a company unless they don't want to pay for a in-house payroll specialist. However, an in-house payroll specialist with prior ADP experience will have more control without comprehensive services which should lead to less errors with thorough audits.

Cons: I used ADP Comprehensive services tied in with ADP Workforce for approximately six
weeks . Week 2 I wanted to pull out my hair in frustration.
My prior company had ADP WFN where I had full control. My new company had comprehensive + WFN. My top three aggravations were: #1 losing the ability to cut manual checks (i.e. QuikCalc 1min-30 sec task w/o CS). The team would be responsible for this & if we were lucky we received the calculations before the end of the day. #2 losing the ability to preview & submit payroll. (Another 2-10 min process) The team sent us custom Excel files to enter retro pay, pto, missed hours etc. Once complete we sent it to them to create a batch. Hrs later they'd send preview reports for verifying. Each code required 1-2 correction plus waiting hours for updated reports. Our bi-weekly submission date was Wed but they submitted on Thu cutting it extremely close to the wire & leaving no room for a final look over. #3 our team was no more knowledgeable than the CSR's answering phones. For several weeks we requested a shift differential added to certain communities, they struggled to figure it out & we had to cut checks for shorted employees. However, the 4th pay period attempted they got the rate correct but that's the only rate employees were paid.

by ADP Comprehensive Services on 16/05/2019

We apologize for the experience you encountered and understand how frustrating the situation must have been. ADP let you down, which is something we never aspire to do. For that, we are also sorry. We have taken measures to immediately address the issues you have raised, including reducing the number of payroll previews for agile and accurate pay processing. We have also made investments in automated payroll processing to streamline the auditing and validation process, and enhance the client experience further. If there is anything else we can do, please let us know.

NOT to be Trusted

Reviewed on 18/01/2019
Mathew B.
Quality Assurance Supervisor
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Take my advice, outsourcing is NOT always teh answer. Things make look golden on paper and in "demo mode", but live on the floor during peak buisness hours, you do not have time to 'troubleshoot' a ADP ticket for teh 1,000th time.

Pros: All-in-one service solution for popular HR administrative services, payroll, and talent recruiting.

Cons: Entry level staff CONSTANTLY has an issue clocking into the system, which requires their Supervisor to manually adjust each punch. On average with my last employer, I was correcting 80 missed or incorrect punches per two week period for 9 employees. HR FMLA processing is, from my experience, a horrendous and borderline illegal mishandling of information. Very easy to 'file" for FMLA, but after that initial phone call, no one knows what's going on. The frontline staff answering the phone tries their best to interpret the information to provide updates, but the "back office" is elusive and does not speak with customers or offer assistance to frontline staff that is trying to explain status information for leave cases. I had to eventually start recording my calls to ensure my internal HR department had a record of the horrible service my previous employe is probably paying close to a 1M per year.

by ADP Comprehensive Services on 21/01/2019

Hi Matt, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with ADP. I would be happy to connect with you an ADP representative who can meet with you to improve the experience. Please contact me at [email protected]

Great HRIS

Reviewed on 08/07/2019
Yolande L.
Human Resources Manager
Defense & Space, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall - things have improved going from no HRIS to a comprehensive HRIS.

Pros: The reporting option; the ease of use for most processes; the many add-on's that make life a bit easier

Cons: The ATS is not a true ATS and extremely cumbersome to use. The training add-on - it was not rolled out well at all; the lack of documentation. If you want to know anything, you must contact someone to assist you without any documentation.

by ADP Comprehensive Services on 15/07/2019

Hi Yolande,
Thank you for kind comments! We appreciate your business and hope you have a great day!

A-Z Comprehensive Services

Reviewed on 11/03/2019
Laurie K.
Vice-President Human Resources
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Its all about Strong, Long Lasting Relationship Building Through Mutual Respect and Gratitude.

Pros: Full integration of HR Disciplines into one HRIS platform as a consistent, efficient, national communication tool!

Cons: Still many opportunities exist to Share and Document Best Practices of modules, reports and learning how other clients have customized or developed paperless efficiencies.

by ADP Comprehensive Services on 14/03/2019

Hi Laurie, thank for being such a valued client of ADP Comprehensive Services! We appreciate your review and look forward to continuing to serve you.

ADP provides the best customer support The reps are always calm, accommodating and friendly.

Karen P.
Accountant
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: HR benefits, payroll and reporting.

Pros: Ease of navigation and use of ADP for obtaining data on employees. I like the help option to look up information.

Cons: Getting timed out after short periods of log in time and pulling reports are not easy. I struggle with creating and pulling reports.

by ADP Comprehensive Services on 20/07/2018

Hi Karen, thank you for taking the time to provide a review of ADP Comprehensive Services. We appreciate your business and loyalty to ADP! Please reach out to me directly at [email protected] and I can assist you with creating and pulling reports. Thanks!

Great Access for All Employees

Reviewed on 11/12/2018
Staff Accountant
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: ADP works great for offices of any size. I've used it for years love the capability it has to access your pay-stubs and 401k information without having to contact HR for help. You can also check your weekly earnings and audit your work without any hassle.

Cons: It takes a little getting used to on your first couple of uses, but you get the hang of the features quickly.

by ADP Comprehensive Services on 09/01/2019

Hi, thank you for providing a review of ADP Comprehensive Services. We appreciate your business and loyalty to APP!

Automating your HR department

Reviewed on 23/01/2019
AVP Human Resources
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: When you can see your HR team and the ADP all working together, its amazing!

Pros: The software allows for support when you need it and still lets you remain in control, pull the reports you need for your business and proceed with the facets you need.

Cons: The change from a lower version to a more robust version can be challenging with this software. It's important to stay ahead of that curve.

by ADP Comprehensive Services on 24/01/2019

Hi, thank you for providing a review of ADP Comprehensive Services. We love hearing about your experience!

Life Made Simpler

Reviewed on 10/04/2019
Jessica S.
HR Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: So glad we switched. Very happy with the service and benefit we are receiving from using ADP Comp Services!

Pros: Has made our payroll and benefits adminsitration significantly more efficient. Takes a lot of the heache out of having to do complex things in payroll.

Cons: Sales tends to overpromise on some of the functionality. It's a little more complex when you ahve more than one company residing in the same platform.

by ADP Comprehensive Services on 11/04/2019

Hi Jessica, thank you for writing a review. We appreciate your business. Have a great day!

ADP Review

Reviewed on 22/01/2019
Karen C.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We are able to streamline the payroll, benefits, and HRIS system.

Pros: There are a lot of features. I like having the employees be able to update their own personnel files instead of entering them myself.

Cons: Too many updates and revisions. I don't know how to do half the things in the portal because it keeps changing without real training. It's a trial by clicking environment.

by ADP Comprehensive Services on 24/01/2019

Hi Karen, thank you for providing a review of ADP Comprehensive Services. We appreciate your business and loyalty to APP!

ADP Comprehensive Services

Reviewed on 11/10/2018
Roadside Assistance Supervisor
Consumer Services, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This product saved time, money and made managing day to day job responsibilities easier.

Pros: The ease of use and its ability to integrate into other systems.

Cons: Administrator use/ access can be difficult at times

by ADP Comprehensive Services on 09/01/2019

Hi Karen, thank you for taking the time to provide a review of ADP Comprehensive Services. We appreciate your business and loyalty to ADP! I would love to connect with you more about administrator use and access. Please reach out to: [email protected]

ADP Comprehensive

Reviewed on 22/04/2019
HR/Payroll
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: With the addition of adding ADP we were able to stream line many of our process.

Pros: The product is fantastic. Has many features which are very helpful for payroll and human resources.
Since adding ADP Workforcenow it has streamlined our process.
They do an excellent job of providing you the tools needed.

Cons: As of right now I can't think of any con's.

by ADP Comprehensive Services on 26/04/2019

Thank you so much for the review! Have a great day!

Reliable and User-Friendly

Reviewed on 04/04/2019
Alexandra S.
HR Payroll Manager
Construction, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall the product is amazing and Reliable! It has made managing Payroll and Hr a breeze.

Pros: Easy to use and reliable. Plus the customer service group is amazing!

Cons: Occasional system glitches but the service team is always quick to assist.

by ADP Comprehensive Services on 08/04/2019

Hi Alexandra,
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review! We are happy you enjoy the service experience so much. That's what we pride ourselves on.
Have a great day!

Much improved the process of payroll

Kathy H.
Financial manager
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Ability to input and update payroll. ADP automatically connects with my health insurance carrier, so that it updates my new enrollments and terminations.

Pros: Ease of updating records. New hire and termination wizard takes you through each step of the process.

Cons: Unable to do my own quick calc for terminations. In Texas I have a deadline for the final check and I have to wait to hear back from my payroll processor or call in to get the information.

by ADP Comprehensive Services on 20/07/2018

Hi Kathy, thank you for taking the time provide a review for ADP Comprehensive Services. We appreciate your business and loyalty to ADP!

Product Review

Reviewed on 19/09/2019
Seth P.
Director of Administration
Facilities Services, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This is a constant source of advice and problem solving.

Pros: We appreciate the thorough nature of all the available features

Cons: You need a lot of dedicated time to use all the features

by ADP Comprehensive Services on 20/09/2019

Hi Seth,
Thank you so much for the review. Have a great day!

ADP GL and overall services are lacking

Reviewed on 18/05/2019
Payroll Accountant
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall I am not very happy with this program. It seems to cause more problems than it helps.

Pros: I do like some of the ease of use to access employees pay history, and that they offer summarized versions of some of the lengthier payroll reports if you're only looking for totals.

Cons: I don't like the frequent errors in employee paychecks, and the length of time it takes to get answers when seeking to resolve issues. Our company is terminating it's relationship with ADP due to said issues and more. Often we are stuck waiting for reports beyond the promised date, and this is problematic for processing regular weekly and bi-weekly payrolls. There are often so many adjustment files run that it becomes very hard to keep up with when added to the responsibility of processing regular payrolls. The adjustments wouldn't be a problem if they were timely, but sometimes adjustments are run up to a year after the fact, and all the transactions have already posted or been corrected through other means. If we run the adjustment reports, we run the risk of throwing off several accounts.

Great Review

Reviewed on 30/01/2019
Guadlupe S.
HR Director
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The system is very user friendly. We have created the system for our company from scratch and it has been very easy.

Cons: At this time we have not had any major challenges. When the is a challenge we call the 800 number and the assistance is really quick and helpful.

by ADP Comprehensive Services on 05/02/2019

Hi Guadlupe, thank you so much for the review. We appreciate your business!

Much Improvement from ADP

Reviewed on 03/12/2019
Shandus V.
Human Resources Generalist
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, a vast improvement from what we had before. ADP often gets a bad rap, but I think they are making so great improvements. I am no longer at that company where I used ADP comprehensive services, but I was a key player in the implementation of it and was a super admin.

Pros: The variety of features. We went from a much less robust version of ADP (ResourceNow) to Comprehensive Services and have been surprised by how much we like it. It is definitely comprehensive, providing Payroll, Onboarding (we moved from fully manual to all electronic processes), benefits integration, performance management (again, we moved from manual process to electronic with workflows) and robust reporting capabilities. All of this was for just slightly more cost than what we had before with ResourceNow. The user interface is really good, and as an administrator, it was relatively intuitive to figure out.

Cons: There are some minor areas where I wish there was most custom-ability. I also wish it didn't limit our benefits feed option to only 3 carriers.

by ADP Comprehensive Services on 04/12/2019

Hi Shandus,
Thank you so much for the review!
We are so happy to hear about your smooth transition to ADP Comprehensive Services! We're glad your team is no longer having to do everything manually :)
Have a great day!

All in one package

Reviewed on 23/09/2019
Renata O.
Director of Human Resources
Automotive, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Exceptional!

Pros: I can access lots of different processes for employees; pay, timecards, PTO, benefits...

Cons: I would like to see availability for more hands on training.

by ADP Comprehensive Services on 26/09/2019

Hi Renata, thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of ADP Comprehensive Services. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you and your employees!

Very Communicative to Users

Reviewed on 03/10/2018
Kenric D.
Healthcare Recruiter
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: ADP is very good about communicating system updates to users as they are about to be implemented. Another great feature is the LifeMart section which provides coupons and discount rates for different services (travel, groceries, etc.).

Cons: The comprehensive services system certainly is not cheap.

by ADP Comprehensive Services on 09/01/2019

Hi Kenric, thank you for taking the time to provide a review of ADP Comprehensive Services. We appreciate your business and loyalty to ADP! It's great to know that you like the LifeMart feature of the solution!