Good, If Your Client Can Get In

Reviewed on 21/08/2019
Morgan H.
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Join.Me has a good scheduling system that sends automated invites if you input the emails. It also provides numbers for different time zones, which is nice when working with clients across the country. You can customize your background and photo which is nice as well! You don't need to worry about clients coming into a meeting that they shouldn't (for example if you're running behind and the next client tries logging in) - you can lock meetings and they have to knock to join and you must approve it. Once you're in, you can click around when mouse control is granted. This product is better for meetings with a large group and a presenter, rather than remote access.

Cons: My customers have an awful time getting connected with Join.Me. Most of them work with computers daily and while they may not be the most tech savvy, they are intelligent. The online meeting versus downloading the app seems to be an issue. I often have to advise they close out of everything and start over. If you simply want to show your screen, it is fairly simple. If you need control of another computer, this product lacks a lot of functionality, especially compared to TeamViewer. The pricing of this software feels high for what you get.

Easy to use conference and screen share software

Reviewed on 09/05/2019
Freelance Web & Graphic Designer
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I am able to assist others remotely to understand how to work with different softwares by conducting a join.me meeting and sharing screens. This allows me to provide more focused help that is relevant to what they need and they can see what i'm doing and better understand how to do things on their own.

Pros: Join.me has allowed me to easily host a screen share for collaborating with other people on different projects. Sometimes you don't want to have to install and ton of software or set people up in order to just do a simple screen share. Join.me allows me to easily share and collaborate in a way that is easy for the people i am working with regardless of their tech expertise level. I like how they have both a online version and a version you can install if desired to your personal computer. And i love how they offer a free version for those of us that don't need to do it all the time and who have basic needs.

Cons: I have not ran into anything that i didn't particularly like. It has worked flawlessly for what i need it for. It could be that if you have some advanced needs, that it would be good to research to see if these are possible. But for conducting a meeting where you'd like to do more than just talk and need to share a screen to keep people on the same page, this works great.

The easiest and best video conferencing tool for screen share.

Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Heath H.
Account Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I first heard of Join.me via a work colleague, I used to use Hangouts but now use Join.me almost exclusively. The only time I don't use Join.me is if a client or person I'm calling prefers another tool.

Pros: Very quick and easy to set up, even our clients who are not tech-savvy can easily log in and set up a screen share the very first time they use it. Join.me makes it very simple to swap between which party is presenting and also to add in different emails/phone numbers through-out the call.

Cons: I did find that it can lag a little bit when loading screens when you compare it to Google Hangouts or other similar tools, but it's a small price to pay when you consider the benefits of join.me. If you have a fast internet connection it should be completely fine, the lag is usually evident only if using hotspot with a mobile phone.

Not all who us this platform are from the business sector.

Reviewed on 30/07/2018
Craig S.
Design, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: 80% of our clients have never experenced this type of online interaction. We introduce a "baby-step" version for their first time with us through a entry portol email. If you want to see what they are seeing here's our company's website. "CandLDesigns.com". Scroll down just a little and click on movie. We pioneered this for the average Joe, and it's talked about constantly in reviews of us. (all 5-star). Thanks, and I hope to see these easly changed "Con's," soon.

Pros: It's exciting for our client to come into the 22nd century! Most our client's have never done this. But through Join.Me's virtual platform our client spend money and up without ever meeting anyone from our company face to face.

Cons: 1 – Your ad’s.
I pay for your yearly service, not the free version.
I do not like when you advertise your services to my client as the meeting ends. It cheapens my company’s importance to a client.
2 – Voice over computer.
This have always been an issue and continues to be. From Safari, Firefox, etc.
When my client tries to download app, the download goes onto their screen. They are on my screen and can’t find download. (read to understand in “Overall”).
3- Having to explain how to get rid of name bubbles and enlarge screen. You should have immediate that offers this function. Example, “would you like to display name bubbles, YES -or-NO”. Would you like you screen enlarged, NO-or-YES”. (if YES= option of 50%, 75%,100%)

SO GOOOOOOD

Reviewed on 07/11/2019
Richard M.
IT Support Specialist
Printing, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It has revolutionized our ability for remote desktop support and our entire team uses it all day every day to help others with their computer issues. HIGHLY recommend.

Pros: I will always, always recommend anything by LogMeIn. I've been so impressed by this company. JoinMe and LogMeIn Central are AMAZING and by far the best software for remote desktop support and helping people with their computer issues. A little pricey, but faaaar beyond their competitors so they're worth it!

Cons: The price. It's worth it, but I still wish it was cheaper. If it was I'd have a private account for myself just to help friends and family with their computer issues.

Easy to use

Reviewed on 01/11/2019
Sheila Z.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Design, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: You can customize the meeting ID and brand the meeting's background. I'm a sole practitioner so I don't need fancy integrations, but I know that the platform can be integrated with other programs. For people who conduct webinars, do presentations or meet across time zones, Join.me offers a great solution to having to travel. I've never had a problem with connections or glitches.

Pros: Join.me is easy to use and has a user friendly interface. You just provide your meeting guest with the meeting ID.They visit the Join.me website, plug that into the "join a meeting" window, and voila...you're in a virtual meeting together. From there, you can share your screen, record the meeting, and take control of the other person's computer (with their permission, of course!)

Cons: The Lite version doesn't allow you to stream web videos or record meetings, but for the price...I wouldn't complain too much.

The easy and fun way to team up

Reviewed on 13/11/2019
Technical Writer
Financial Services, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have built team work despite being far from each other, video conferencing, audio calling and screensharing has brought us together on the table to discuss things that matter and help each other to move forward. Due to monitoring by the administrator, everyone knows that when using join.me it means business.

Pros: Setting up of join.me did not take us too much of energy or resources. We chose a business package that suits our organization and accommodates it as it grows. Rolling out to fellow employees was even very easy, just loading a contacts file into join.me registered everyone and people now use their company credentials to log in into join.me. After that everyone simply created their own link as part of customization and it was all. No training was required because join.me is very easy to use. Of all video conferencing and screen sharing applications the cheapest and easiest, but delivering what it promises is join.me.

Cons: Join.me can be worked on in terms of user interface and audio quality of international VoIP calls.

Join.Me for the Independent Contractor

Reviewed on 27/07/2018
Nancy O.
Self Employed Contractor
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, it is a decent program for the investment level, but if the price goes up again this year, I will absolutely switch to another program. It has nearly doubled in price since I first started with them a few years ago. At this time, I would recommend it to other contractors and small businesses, based on current pricing, value for the dollar and ease of use.

Pros: I love being able to create webinars and allow my clients to take control of my screen or they can share their own. I am easily able to get through information by sharing my screen and data with them. It is one of the most convenient & easiest to use resources available to me to stay connected with my clients no matter where they are located.

Cons: 1. Audio issues - if a client wants to call in via their computer, the audio is normally very poor and often they must call in on the phone line instead, because the computer audio tends to have issues like reverberations/echo/feedback.
2. Audio issues - not all parties can hear everyone clearly. I can typically hear everyone just fine, but sometimes 2 callers will not be able to hear each other loud & clear.
3. Google Calendar - I often have to disable and re-enable it to have it show up in my calendar

A solid basic Conf and Screen sharing tool.

Reviewed on 19/03/2019
Jeff S.
Desktop Engineer
Information Technology & Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: For smaller companies that would like a single tool, and understand you-get-what-you-pay-for, I would recommend this for use as video conference and even as a training and support tool. The Conferencing is overall quite good. For IT you can take advantage of the remote screen share over the web to work with remote users. Honestly I like this product as a backup conference and screen sharing more than as my primary go-to. This is because we have another product for Conference and another for remote support where we can fully remote control someones workstation.
In my case I have used this multiple times in support cases where a remote user only can get internet and cant even fire VPN to connect in. So I cant use our primary tools, but we could use join.me.

Pros: This product is easy to use and intuitive enough that inexperienced users can pickup quickly or be coached to connect and it.
It has solid basic control and features to get its job done.
You can share screens and its useful for training and basic support
We do not use this ourselves but it can be used with up to a very large pool of 250 users.

Cons: 1) Screen sharing is limited, especially when compared to other products.
2) Even though it is web-based you still need to DL a local client.
3) As other reviews have stated, it does seem to lag during times when your switching control over the desktop screen shared.
However in testing, this is a limitation of nearly all Conferencing apps I have tried and researched. They tend to run only as well as the wost connection. So while this is actually not directly a fault of this app, it can be seen as a "Con" for those seeking movie-like video conferencing.

Great Online Meeting Software

Reviewed on 24/09/2018
Owner / Operator
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I started using Join.me as a simple meeting system for working with remote staff. Quickly I fell in love with and started using it frequently in my daily meetings. I now use it to also train staff for using software and have even started using it to troubleshoot their computers remotely using the ability to control their mouse and keyboard once they have approved it. The software and service are rock solid, although they do depend on Internet connections. That said, I have only had an issue once over years of using their system. I cannot recommend them enough to other users.

Pros: - Excellent quality for screens (relies on Internet connection)
- Allows for presenters to be switched
- Meetings can be locked or open to the public easily
- Offers vanity URLS to simplify joining meetings
- Record online meetings
- In-line chat, control users in meetings (mute, kick-out etc)
- Allows meeting presenter to control other user's computers if they allow it

Cons: - Requires that the full software be installed prior to use if you are trying to control another user's computer (does not take long, but can be difficult for less technical users)
- If Internet is unsteady the software becomes unusable

Simple and Effective Presentations

Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Jordan G.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Join Me makes it extremely easy to perform impromptu training sessions and provide support by quickly sharing screens.

Pros: I've used join.me for over 5 years and really enjoy how easy it is to start an online meeting. It is very simple to either send a participant a link, or tell them to visit join.me and enter in a code. I love that I can have a pre-defined code and not have to use a set of numbers.

Cons: join.me make is very easy to start a meeting and passing presenter control to a participant, however in order for the participant to share their screen they need to download the app. This is confusing to my non technical audience. I'd like the ability for participant to share their screens either without having to download the app, or require the app to join the meeting. Additionally, users have been confused when they visit join.me, sometimes it asks them to create an account.

JoinMe, the ideal solution to manage online meetings and video conferences.

Reviewed on 19/10/2019
Amanda V.
Consumer Goods, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Join Me, is a tool that provides a lot of benefits to its users, stressing that it is an ideal communication tool to manage online meetings and video conferences in high definition. In addition, Join Me is a totally free application, which makes it quite attractive, due to the great profitability it gives to those who wish to use such a wonderful tool. Join Me offers the possibility to chat and perform file transfers, as well as pause the video conferences and resume them at any time you want.

Pros: What I like most about Join Me, is that users can hold online meetings and video conferences in real time, achieving totally effective communication thanks to the excellent audio and video quality it offers. Join Me also provides a convenient and intuitive interface, which allows it to be used as simple, fast and totally safe.

Cons: The only thing I don't like about Join Me is that on certain occasions, when there are many online participants simultaneously, video conferencing tends to get slow, their audio and video quality decreases by significantly interrupting communication between the Users. Similarly, Join Me does not have audio support.

Joinme is an excellent service which I recommend to all users

Reviewed on 22/11/2019
Orville m. G.
Marketing
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Join.me is Perfect in every aspect, and the free version is something that any company should try to see the benefits of this software for worldwide communication without headaches. and there are no confusing communications as in similar software with join.me you can have the ability to meet with audio and video with such a good and clear quality is a great advantage

Pros: I am fascinated with join.me since it has many advantages such as the ability to include a group of people in a call, join.me makes the process easy and direct for everyone, now I receive international calls without problems, I am really satisfied with join.me because it has the best simple conference tools in linia to handle meetings. It is easy and simple to use

Cons: Join.me is an excellent service, however, there is something that bothers me and something that I would like you to consider improving, and there is a time when saved recording functions have problems in voice quality, of course, it is something that you notice the weather, it could be that they already solved it, and also that I would like the monthly plan to be a little more like a month, although it works well and is a great offer. But it is not worth it for those who do not use recording or other premium features.

Finally online meetings done the way you expect them to be

Reviewed on 24/11/2018
Janosch F.
Human Resources Consultant
Internet, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Finally there it is. A Solution for online conferences, meetings, trainings you name it that does neither require you to install something which often you just can't) neither is a hassle to set up or join. For me this is the first time I have used a technical solution to do online training with parties outside of our company (that is to say which do not use our internal system) that worked just great. join.me is easy to use, technically solid and simple to use in a way that does get anyone (even the it adverse people) on board.

Pros: This simply works splendidly easy. We were invited to online training sessions via join.me and when I understood that I would have to spend many hours being remotely trained via a screensharing tool I my mood went sour as I remembered occasions of technical difficulties with the products I had known before using join.me. I was absolutely positively surprised. I found the join me invitation in my calendar invitation, clicked it an it worked like a charm. I just typed in my name and was connected to the training agent and my colleague as well. in parts it worked so well (no delay between image and audio transmission) that I sometimes almost forgot that this was an online session. In the beginning we used our phones for Audio but quickly switched to the integrated audio auf join.me after trying it out and finding it just simply amazing. In case I would have to point out one thing which I liked the most I'd say it was the smooth, easy and straight forward way of using it. This simply is a tool which does a dedicated job and does it focused, remains simple to use and worked for us like a charm.

Cons: Switching from phone to integrated audio was a small roadbumb in the overall fantastic user experience. We had to fiddle around a bit and other web applications I had used for playing back sound before the meeting started (actually listening to music via youtubemusic) seemed to interfere (mac osx 10.14.1) while open in another tab. After finding this out and closing all tabs that might mingle with the audio everything went fine.

Good Video Conferencing Tool, But Not The Best

Reviewed on 14/01/2019
Amber C.
Inbound Marketing Strategist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, join.me will help you set up meetings and screenshares with clients pretty easily. Since we've just needed an easy Google Calendar integration that will provide a conference number and easy screen share abilities, we've just all switched to using Google Hangouts and have had much more success using their tools.

Pros: Join.me does make it easy to schedule conference calls with my own custom URL and phone conference ID. We currently use the paid version at our office, and thought it was a good introduction into video conferencing.

Cons: My biggest complaint was that the transition for screen sharing was always rough. I would have clients that would start in a web browser, try to share their screen, download the app, need to enter in new information and then we could finally get to the screenshare. This process would take a long time (likely due to download time, which isn't the software's fault) and would break up the flow of the call. Having join.me advertise to our clients was something we didn't like either, plus we did have a few connection issues.

Great for screen to screen training!

Reviewed on 17/01/2019
Cx Specialist
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: it was an extremely helpful tool that saved me a lot of time training my new hires, instead of needing them to come in person to my office and having them sit right next to me going over things was tough because i had cramp space, after using join.me i can schedule multi people throughout the day have all my docs ready and programs opened and just review it with them- my employees also really liked this because they were able to train at the comfort of their own home, especially mostly they're in field. so orientation and training was crucial cause after that they don't work in office, so being able to utilize our software was important and they learn all that during the join.me session i'd schedule with them. haven't failed me once :)

Pros: I really liked the function of the screen to screen sharing option along with mouse control no limited to only one of us. both parties in the chat can use it. this made my life so much easier when i was training my new employees for orientation and training regarding softwares we use or reviewing documents and forms together. a lot of my employees were more of a visual so handing them a manual didn't cut it for them as to when i can speak and show them what i'm talking about over a screen to screen conference call & if we don't have a mic on our computer there's also the chat option so made it helpful, or we just call over the phone as we review over the computer.

Cons: it was a bit harder to install for my older employees since they weren't as tech savy, they always had a problem sharing their screen on their side of the computer, i think it was an installation or start up program. i kept running into this issue.

Good but not great

Reviewed on 25/09/2019
Tim E.
Account Executive
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: it's been an effective tool for us, but our prospects are often frustrated with how difficult it can be to join the call. There seem to be some performance issues 1-3 times a month as well.

Pros: I like the overall ease of use, quality of screen share is almost always great. I like that it easily integrates with google calendar for meetings.

Cons: call quality is often horrible. (yes, we checked our internet connection) Users also have a hard time joining the call with a link or code.

Great Internet Calling, Conferencing and Screen-Sharing Program

Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Keyana K.
Internal Operations Assistant
Internet, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've had a great experience with Join.Me overall. I love how easy it is to set up calls.

Pros: My company uses Join.Me frequently , whether it's our sales team reaching out to clients or a remote session between myself and an off-site controller. It's a very fast and reliable program that's easy to use in the office or while travelling, as Join.me has the capabilities to initiate meetings from your smartphone, tablet, or laptop. Join.Me allows you to record and document conferences, then share them to people with busier schedules and were unable to make it. The pricing structure is great, no matter your budget, especially considering the amount of features you get: screen-sharing, file transfer, standalone audio, mobile apps, internet talking, multiple meeting participants, and good cloud storage sizes, to name a few. (Storage size and the number of meeting participants will vary according to your specific price plan.) Join.Me's customer service is very reliable and top-notch. I'm confident that my company will never be out of the loop or out of touch with clients, both domestic and international.

Cons: My company uses the Pro level of Join.Me, and while it's decent, sometimes, I do wish we got a little more than 5 GB of storage...just for peace of mind.

Simple, easy to use conferencing software.

Reviewed on 09/04/2019
Michael S.
Client Success/Salesforce Admin
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Even though Hangouts conferencing is free, most of our users prefer join.me because of how simple it is to use.

Pros: Of all the popular conferencing software available such as GoToMeeting, Bluejeans from Adobe, and Zoom, in my experience, join.me is the easiest to use. The interface is simple and easy to navigate, especially when you're screen sharing and giving presenter roles to another user is . We use the Pro edition which allows you to invite 50 participants and 10 webcam streams, but I've never had more than 10 callers on a line. I've never had any complaints over voice quality. I also like how you're able to personalize and rename your conference room, e.g. join.me/yourname. This makes it easy when trying to coordinate large calls.

Cons: Although this is reasonably priced, there are free conferencing tools available like Google Hangouts which allow you to invite up to 150 participants and up to 25 video calls.

Great Value

Reviewed on 27/09/2019
Andy K.
Digital Marketing Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I really like Join.me. It's a very easy software to understand and use regularly and the personalization pieces add a lot of fun to it.

Pros: Join.me is such an easy-to-use tool. Setting up meetings, sharing screens and passing presenter roles, recording calls is all great. On top of that, I really enjoy the personalization of having a custom avatar, background and even personalizing the hold music. It makes boring meetings kind of fun.

Cons: It's sometimes a challenge to pass the presenter role to other users because they have to have the software downloaded for that, but not just to enter the meeting. Other virtual meeting software requires you download the software to even enter the meeting - Join.me does not (which is a positive, for sure) but that makes passing the screen share more challenging and time consuming.

Simple screen sharing software that just works!

Reviewed on 11/04/2019
Vincent Y.
Web Designer & Education Consultant
Education Management, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: As a software salesperson, I use join.me on a daily basis to allow multiple people to see my screen as I perform product demonstrations. It's easy to use, and I can set up a screen share in a matter of seconds which cuts down on the prep time needed for demonstrations and lightens my workload. Overall, a great piece of software.

Pros: The best thing about join.me is that it's simple. Not only is it very easy to install and setup, but it is also very easy for users to join a screen share on any device with just a link. Even the most non-tech savvy people will be able to figure it out.

Cons: It can get a little pricey on a subscription. Also, every time after I finish a screen share session, join.me asks if I have 5 seconds to upgrade to a new version. That's fine, but why does it do that EVERY single time? I suspect that even when I do click upgrade and it restarts the program, the updates are not going through properly. It's difficult to believe that there would be an update multiple times a day, every day of the week. If that really is the case, their development team must be on top of things!

Join Me has been great for collaborating on our development projects with remote teams.

Reviewed on 19/11/2017
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The greatest benefit we get from this software is the feeling that our team is not separated by location. We can easily get everyone together and hear / see everyone on the project. Most of all, we can go back and reference old recordings when needed.

Pros: We love that we can pull together people from many locations and do design reviews and development demonstrations, as well as record the sessions for future use. Video recordings are generated quickly and easy to share. Audio and video quality are very good.

Cons: The login process can be complicated and take several attempts due to the captcha tech in place. Also, sometimes audio quality can have too many digital dropouts when too many people are on the call. This is rare, but it does happen. Guest users have to download the app before they can share their screens which can be a meeting disruption and complicated for that user.

I used this software to remotely connect to internal and external customers machines to assist them

Reviewed on 27/06/2018
Justin N.
Service Technician
Computer Hardware, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It makes troubleshooting customers problems a whole lot easier than telling them what to do. With join.me I can have them share their screen with me and I can take over the mouse and fix the issue. It also makes group presentations easy and seamless with my service team.

Pros: It's a great app that offers users a free version without many restrictions. Ease of use and quick connectivity between users. Sharing your screen is very easy and works well when presenting to large crowds either in front of them or remotely. It's very easy to schedule meetings. The quality on the phone app is amazing! It's seamless when taking control of another users machine to troubleshoot problems.

Cons: It can be a little pricey for a small business or a start up company. For less skilled users the interface can be hard to use at first. Video can be choppy when using your mobile device or if your internet connect isn't very fast. Some average computer users complain that it's a little difficult to join meetings for the first time.

Perfect for one-off demos

Reviewed on 15/11/2018
Caleb B.
Director of Marketing
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We use join.me to accomplish a simple but powerful task: One on one demos. This has been our greatest asset in driving and closing new sales. It's been reliable and never dropped a meeting or been broken. Plus it's a lightweight app; you don't need to manage heavy settings or go through lengthy setups.

Pros: The best feature of join.me is the easy setup and quick meeting initiation. You open the app, pick a screen to share, and copy the generated link/email it to your client. We have used this throughout our office to conduct one on one live demos with our prospective customers and it's worked great. I love that my prospects can simply click a short url and join the meeting--no software to download or finagle.

Cons: If you need multiple people in on the meeting, this isn't the best software. It's challenging to juggle multiple people, and you can't hand off presentation easily or interact via chat. This is definitely not a good choice for webinars; there aren't great controls to mute/chat/interact with others.

Join.Me Experience from start to finish

Reviewed on 27/07/2018
Thomas M.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My team at my firm was using their own individual services to present and we have since switched to ALL use Join.me since it is so easy.

Pros: I love the Join.Me application. I have used others in the past: Zoom, GoToMeeting, etc. I found Join.Me to the easiest to use from a manager/presenter stand point. I love that I can schedule meetings in the future from the site which will remind me on my phone. I also added the Join.Me extension in Google Chrome so it will interact with my GMAIL Calendar. The recording feature is a BIG time saver and has limited my liability with clients because everything is recorded. It has saved me several times.

Cons: I wish it had a way to transcribe the audio conversation like GoTo Meeting has. I have had some issues every so often with the audio being a little choppy