About Join.Me

Ridiculously simple screen sharing tool for meetings on the fly. Get everybody on the same page, when they're not in the same room!

Learn more about Join.Me

Pros:

I like the fact that for once this company offers pricing and billing in Canadian dollars. The integration into the Google calendar is very useful for meeting invites.

Join.Me ratings

4.4
4.2
4.2
4.3

8.0/10

Join.Me has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars based on 1,415 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Join.Me before?

Filter reviews (1,415)

Pedro G.
Pedro G.
Project Engineer in Spain
Civil Engineering, 10,000+ Employees

join.me is the real-deal and mastermind solution to great online meeting.

5 2 months ago New

Comments: Enables ease to make high quality voice and video calls.
Ease to send instant messages.

Pros:

It's simple to download,install and get started with join.me.I like how I can schedule and join simple online meeting sessions with join.me.This tool offers instant screen sharing capability.

Cons:

Meeting drop-offs is one thing that I don't like and this is as a result of internet connectivity issues.

Enterprise Partnerships in US

Join.Me for Sales

5 last month New

Pros:

I used join.me at my former company. We used it for video conferencing with external clients. It was very good quality for video calls and screen sharing. I like that it had a browser-based version for attendees so that they didn't have to download anything to attend.

Cons:

No major cons. This was comparable to other conferencing platforms I've used but simpler to deploy in many cases

Joel S.
Accounting, 11-50 Employees

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

3 last year

Comments: It's been okay, but their billing practices have continuously been offensive and unprofessional. Last year they charged me for annual service without forewarning. I didn't need that many licenses anymore. Even though I contacted them on the day I was notified of the charge, they refused a refund! I ended up having to do a chargeback for the licenses I did not want. That's obnoxious. They refused to assist me with a refund even when I pointed out no warning was given of impending charges. This year, my card expired. They sent me a warning after the billing that I was going to be sent to collections. That was the first I heard from them about this issue. Talk about offensive! Then when I tried to pay, I was taken to a broken link from their email. The email address they told me to contact in their letter was no longer working, and when I logged in to pay, I was told I didn't have proper access. 3 strikes in just 10 minutes. I'm thinking my company can do without Join.me/logmein.

Pros:

It used to work well before other, better software came along. Now it's useful occasionally.

Cons:

Clients had a difficult time getting into meetings. It was difficult to talk them through joining. Sometimes a username/password or registration was required, other times, not. Also, it asked for email addresses of attendees which I didn't like. They don't have a right to ask for my client's email, so I always found that kind of offensive. Since there was no tutorial showing what a client sees when they tried to join a meeting, there were times where the client would run into trouble and we weren't able to help, so we had to give up on using them for certain meetings.

Courtney W.
E Commerce Product Coordinator in US
Design, 11-50 Employees

Video Conference Made Easy!

5 2 months ago

Comments: We were having trouble finding the most efficient and effective way for our team to connect and host meetings with clients. Join.Me has solved all of those problems.

Pros:

This platform is so simple to use, train on and connect with. Our team has never run into issues with it and are able to use it even with clients and customers who are not as "tech savvy" as some. In the world of virtual meetings and remote work, Join.Me is a game changer.

Cons:

We had some issues integrating initially, but the customer service team was able to step in and help quickly.

Sumeet S.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

Join.Me

5 2 months ago New

Comments: I find the experience to be easy and simple. It gets the job done. Anyone using Join.Me is using it to connect with someone remotely to share their computer with and Join.Me makes it simple and easy to achieve that goal. It gets straight to the point and you don't need to jump through different channels or options to achieve it.

Pros:

Love how quickly and easily you can share/provide remote access. The code provided for both parties to connect provides security and assurance.

Cons:

I actually do not have any negatives to dislikes about the program.

Samarah S.
Project Manager in US

Affordable, but lacking

3 2 years ago

Comments: I used it for several years, but it simply didn't meet my company's needs any longer. We needed something more reliable that wouldn't cut out.

Pros:

I enjoyed the login screen and the ability to stay logged in. I also enjoyed having a regular meeting invite that I could duplicate and use. You do not have to have join.me downloaded in order to join a meeting which is SO nice.

Cons:

The sound quality is not the greatest with join.me. It also requires you to have join.me downloaded if you want to present your screen.

Shashank M.
Shashank M.
RAN Engineer in India
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

A Simple and Exceedingly Exceptional Online Meeting tool

5 2 months ago New

Pros:

Join.me is an unbelievable online video meeting tool. It is smooth and effortless when it comes to join a video meeting. My teammates can meet with each other as I can simply organize a meeting using Join.me.

Cons:

The one and only dislike of Join.me is the substandard mobile application that is very complicated to use. New teammates face exceedingly high amount of challenges while using the mobile application.

Account Manager in India
Staffing & Recruiting, 51-200 Employees

Join. Me

4 2 months ago New

Comments: I use it mainly in Team meeting where either i have to get connected with 115-100 people, which depend on the situation but it works good.

Pros:

The best part i liked is that it works without any installation, Simply send a url and another user can get to access from his active browser.

Cons:

Sometimes connections are slow and because of it connection drops too.

Mark D.
Account Supervisor in US

Join.Me is solid, but there are better options available

4 2 months ago New

Pros:

Overall I like Join.Me, the interface and ease of use come to mind.

Cons:

Microsoft Teams and Skype just do it better than Join.Me. They are more user friendly, easier to use and manage, and more reliable.

Karthikeyan P.
Technology lead in US
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Easy to use meeting tool

4 last month New

Pros:

Customer friendly able to share screen can be used among multiple participants

Cons:

Nothing specific to mention about this .

Griffin B.
FP&A Manager in US
Gambling & Casinos, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Join.Me has Revolutionized My Role as a Manager!

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, Join.Me has been a very positive experience for our organization! It has truly empowered me as a manager to be able to connect with and assist my team with their various technical questions and needs. It is maybe a little tricky to install, but once you get set up one time, it is a breeze to communicate with and greatly enhances your cohesion as an organization. I truly think this will change the way business is conducted forever. No more unnecessary traffic, dress clothes, and face-to-face meetings in 2020 and beyond--and luckily, the work will go on, all thanks to well-built software like Join.Me.

Pros:

Join.Me has revolutionized the way I work because it has (1) allowed me to work from home (which was always my dream!) as well as given me the opportunity to assist my coworkers with their SQL & Tableau data questions effortlessly! No more trips to and from each other's desks/offices, hoping he/she is (a) present and (b) available. Now, it's just the click of a button and we can meet to resolve work issues with ease! In fact, I can even take control over my colleagues' computers (because, let's face it--I can fix things faster when I drive, right?) Join.Me has been a breeze to use and the quality is very high. It supports multiple connected users; I've never hit the limit. We've even used it for team socials in order to continue to feel connected outside of work hours on occasion! I like that it presents each person in a circle (for group view). Other software I've used has been dizzying at times--in which the algorithms move the people's faces when they talk. This one just looks and feels natural. P.S. The ability to connect with ease is greatly enhanced by the fact that you can have your own custom link that you set--and it just goes after "Join.me" (example: join.me/johnsroom). Very simple to communicate to other parties (as opposed to having long random links to look up in email invites!) Also--the audio is strong. You can either connect with your computer (which is what I do--just make sure to use headphones to avoid an echo!) or you can use a phone.

Cons:

I would say that it can be difficult to get connected for people who do not have the app installed. You can either download the program to your computer or connect through the internet, but the latter option will not allow you to change who controls one another's computer. And since this is important to me, I always need my end users to download the app first. And sometimes, it has been difficult to find where to download that app/get it installed on the other user's machine. The other piece I miss in this software vs. in other competitors' is the ability to have a shortcut to mute/unmute as well as a "push to talk" feature. Zoom allows you to push the spacebar to temporarily unmute yourself; however, Join.Me does not feature any such shortcut. This is definitely an area I would like them to work to develop. But otherwise, the software is robust and does everything else I need it to do!

Faibrey D.
Faibrey D.
Data Analyst in US
Farming, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Conferences and meetings simplified

5 2 years ago

Comments: It covers all our remote working needs as we communicate easily as teams and discuss important developments in a simplified video or audio conferences. We have had no troubles as it is very secure and allows full control of conferences to secure data.

Pros:

This software was easy to set up in our organisation as we just uploaded a file containing company log in credentials of everyone and everyone was able to log into the software using their company credentials. In usability, it is convenient because it is available on smart phones, tablets and laptops ensuring that we link up with each other no matter where we are. Anyone can initiate a meeting in the software and invite people to join using a simple memorable link. It also allows editing the background image of the meeting to suit the agenda. We are able to link up within our organisation and also with clients as the software is flexible and easy to use. The quality of both video and audio conferences is very high and it is possible to mute everyone at once as one of its features.

Cons:

The whiteboard feature is difficult to use on smart phones to keep the team up to date on what someone is thinking. It needs further development.

Morgan H.
Office Manager in US
Accounting, 2-10 Employees

Good, If Your Client Can Get In

4 3 years ago

Pros:

Join.Me has a good scheduling system that sends automated invites if you input the emails. It also provides numbers for different time zones, which is nice when working with clients across the country. You can customize your background and photo which is nice as well! You don't need to worry about clients coming into a meeting that they shouldn't (for example if you're running behind and the next client tries logging in) - you can lock meetings and they have to knock to join and you must approve it. Once you're in, you can click around when mouse control is granted. This product is better for meetings with a large group and a presenter, rather than remote access.

Cons:

My customers have an awful time getting connected with Join.Me. Most of them work with computers daily and while they may not be the most tech savvy, they are intelligent. The online meeting versus downloading the app seems to be an issue. I often have to advise they close out of everything and start over. If you simply want to show your screen, it is fairly simple. If you need control of another computer, this product lacks a lot of functionality, especially compared to TeamViewer. The pricing of this software feels high for what you get.

Tony B.
Tony B.
Director of Interactive in US

Consistently reliable and affordable screen sharing

5 2 years ago

Comments: Join.me has had consistently great call and video quality and incredible uptime. We've had no trouble with join.me, and we've used a lot of different call/screenshare services.

Pros:

I love how simple installation is, how reliable the software is, and that I can have a consistent screen share url that can be reused again and again. It makes it easy for clients to bookmark my url and quickly hop into a call and screen share to provide live support. I also love the screen recording options for creating software demos and tutorials for my clients.

Cons:

The only thing I wish join.me had was the ability to me to set my conference room to allow attendees to join without me needing to start the conference. Occasionally I need a co-worker to run a meeting, and it's a hassle for them to have to log out of their account and login to mine just to start a meeting.

Jeff M.
CTO in US
Veterinary, 11-50 Employees

Join.me is Simple and Reliable

4 last year

Comments: It simply works for exactly what we need - so we stick with it. We've tried other software, and the ease of the UI with Join.me is what keeps us using it.

Pros:

We've been using this software for many years now to assist in screen takeovers when we need to remote in to work on an employee's computer (updates and such). Simply, Join.me makes it super simple to "install" and get running within a minute. The UI is extremely friendly and basically does exactly what we need it to do (remote takeover) without any hassle.

Cons:

Every once in awhile we have an issue where an employee has a problem installing it on a computer that already has issues. Obviously we're trying to fix the issues in the first place, so it's difficult to work with the employee over the phone to get it properly installed so you can continue on.

Freelance Web & Graphic Designer in US
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

Easy to use conference and screen share software

5 3 years ago

Comments: I am able to assist others remotely to understand how to work with different softwares by conducting a join.me meeting and sharing screens. This allows me to provide more focused help that is relevant to what they need and they can see what i'm doing and better understand how to do things on their own.

Pros:

Join.me has allowed me to easily host a screen share for collaborating with other people on different projects. Sometimes you don't want to have to install and ton of software or set people up in order to just do a simple screen share. Join.me allows me to easily share and collaborate in a way that is easy for the people i am working with regardless of their tech expertise level. I like how they have both a online version and a version you can install if desired to your personal computer. And i love how they offer a free version for those of us that don't need to do it all the time and who have basic needs.

Cons:

I have not ran into anything that i didn't particularly like. It has worked flawlessly for what i need it for. It could be that if you have some advanced needs, that it would be good to research to see if these are possible. But for conducting a meeting where you'd like to do more than just talk and need to share a screen to keep people on the same page, this works great.

Tom R.
Head of Sales in US

Not bad, not great

4 10 months ago

Comments: Our company used Join.Me for less than a year but eventually we switched to other services that worked better for us. We felt join.me had some shortcomings when compared to other similar platforms.

Pros:

Join.Me was a good tool for a while before we explored other options. It made screen sharing possible for us which was crucial to our business' success. Essentially, we would email over the Join.Me link and the customer would follow the link to ultimately be able to view our desktop screen. From there, we were able to remotely give a demonstration of our computer software. Once the customer was able to access the meeting, everything work smoothly.

Cons:

In some cases, customers were not able to open the Join.Me link to access the meeting. There were many occasions where I needed to reschedule a demonstration because the customer was unable to follow the link to access my screen share. Granted we were only using the base model (at the time it may have been a free trial) so I am sure some of the functions would improve as we used upgraded packages but ultimately when our trial came to an end we decided not to move forward with the paid version due to the issues we had experienced. At times, Join.Me would only allow a screenshare for a specific duration of time, once you surpassed that threshold the meeting would automatically close. Additionally, the trial period did not allow us to share with multiple users, it was limited to sharing with 2 people. The other concern was I was not able to use Join.Me from my Chromebook so there were some limitations there, as well.

Heath H.
Account Manager in Australia

The easiest and best video conferencing tool for screen share.

4 3 years ago

Comments: I first heard of Join.me via a work colleague, I used to use Hangouts but now use Join.me almost exclusively. The only time I don't use Join.me is if a client or person I'm calling prefers another tool.

Pros:

Very quick and easy to set up, even our clients who are not tech-savvy can easily log in and set up a screen share the very first time they use it. Join.me makes it very simple to swap between which party is presenting and also to add in different emails/phone numbers through-out the call.

Cons:

I did find that it can lag a little bit when loading screens when you compare it to Google Hangouts or other similar tools, but it's a small price to pay when you consider the benefits of join.me. If you have a fast internet connection it should be completely fine, the lag is usually evident only if using hotspot with a mobile phone.

Craig S.
Design, 2-10 Employees

Not all who us this platform are from the business sector.

4 4 years ago

Comments: 80% of our clients have never experenced this type of online interaction. We introduce a "baby-step" version for their first time with us through a entry portol email. If you want to see what they are seeing here's our company's website. "CandLDesigns.com". Scroll down just a little and click on movie. We pioneered this for the average Joe, and it's talked about constantly in reviews of us. (all 5-star). Thanks, and I hope to see these easly changed "Con's," soon.

Pros:

It's exciting for our client to come into the 22nd century! Most our client's have never done this. But through Join.Me's virtual platform our client spend money and up without ever meeting anyone from our company face to face.

Cons:

1 – Your ad’s. I pay for your yearly service, not the free version. I do not like when you advertise your services to my client as the meeting ends. It cheapens my company’s importance to a client. 2 – Voice over computer. This have always been an issue and continues to be. From Safari, Firefox, etc. When my client tries to download app, the download goes onto their screen. They are on my screen and can’t find download. (read to understand in “Overall”). 3- Having to explain how to get rid of name bubbles and enlarge screen. You should have immediate that offers this function. Example, “would you like to display name bubbles, YES -or-NO”. Would you like you screen enlarged, NO-or-YES”. (if YES= option of 50%, 75%,100%)

Richard M.
Richard M.
IT Support Specialist in US
Printing, 51-200 Employees

SO GOOOOOOD

5 3 years ago

Comments: It has revolutionized our ability for remote desktop support and our entire team uses it all day every day to help others with their computer issues. HIGHLY recommend.

Pros:

I will always, always recommend anything by LogMeIn. I've been so impressed by this company. JoinMe and LogMeIn Central are AMAZING and by far the best software for remote desktop support and helping people with their computer issues. A little pricey, but faaaar beyond their competitors so they're worth it!

Cons:

The price. It's worth it, but I still wish it was cheaper. If it was I'd have a private account for myself just to help friends and family with their computer issues.

Sheila Z.
Graphic Designer in US
Graphic Design, Self Employed

Easy to use

5 3 years ago

Comments: You can customize the meeting ID and brand the meeting's background. I'm a sole practitioner so I don't need fancy integrations, but I know that the platform can be integrated with other programs. For people who conduct webinars, do presentations or meet across time zones, Join.me offers a great solution to having to travel. I've never had a problem with connections or glitches.

Pros:

Join.me is easy to use and has a user friendly interface. You just provide your meeting guest with the meeting ID.They visit the Join.me website, plug that into the "join a meeting" window, and voila...you're in a virtual meeting together. From there, you can share your screen, record the meeting, and take control of the other person's computer (with their permission, of course!)

Cons:

The Lite version doesn't allow you to stream web videos or record meetings, but for the price...I wouldn't complain too much.

Technical Writer in South Africa
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

The easy and fun way to team up

5 3 years ago

Comments: We have built team work despite being far from each other, video conferencing, audio calling and screensharing has brought us together on the table to discuss things that matter and help each other to move forward. Due to monitoring by the administrator, everyone knows that when using join.me it means business.

Pros:

Setting up of join.me did not take us too much of energy or resources. We chose a business package that suits our organization and accommodates it as it grows. Rolling out to fellow employees was even very easy, just loading a contacts file into join.me registered everyone and people now use their company credentials to log in into join.me. After that everyone simply created their own link as part of customization and it was all. No training was required because join.me is very easy to use. Of all video conferencing and screen sharing applications the cheapest and easiest, but delivering what it promises is join.me.

Cons:

Join.me can be worked on in terms of user interface and audio quality of international VoIP calls.

Shahirah L.
Shahirah L.
Personal Banker in Malaysia
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

The good and the bad

4 7 months ago

Pros:

This product is so easy to operate, as it can be launch from any web browser and the software is optional to be install. Hosting a weekly virtual meeting or joining a conference with this software is easy to do. I just need the code from the meeting host to be able to enter the meeting room and vise versa.

Cons:

Join.Me lacks of manual guidance or video tutorial on how to using some of the feature correctly. This is very critical as not everyone is tech savvy and my client has many problem connecting to the video call and i had to guide them myself as there are no video tutorial that i can sent to them on how to operate the software.

Nancy O.
Self Employed Contractor in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Join.Me for the Independent Contractor

4 4 years ago

Comments: Overall, it is a decent program for the investment level, but if the price goes up again this year, I will absolutely switch to another program. It has nearly doubled in price since I first started with them a few years ago. At this time, I would recommend it to other contractors and small businesses, based on current pricing, value for the dollar and ease of use.

Pros:

I love being able to create webinars and allow my clients to take control of my screen or they can share their own. I am easily able to get through information by sharing my screen and data with them. It is one of the most convenient & easiest to use resources available to me to stay connected with my clients no matter where they are located.

Cons:

1. Audio issues - if a client wants to call in via their computer, the audio is normally very poor and often they must call in on the phone line instead, because the computer audio tends to have issues like reverberations/echo/feedback. 2. Audio issues - not all parties can hear everyone clearly. I can typically hear everyone just fine, but sometimes 2 callers will not be able to hear each other loud & clear. 3. Google Calendar - I often have to disable and re-enable it to have it show up in my calendar

Jeff S.
Desktop Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees

A solid basic Conf and Screen sharing tool.

4 3 years ago

Comments: For smaller companies that would like a single tool, and understand you-get-what-you-pay-for, I would recommend this for use as video conference and even as a training and support tool. The Conferencing is overall quite good. For IT you can take advantage of the remote screen share over the web to work with remote users. Honestly I like this product as a backup conference and screen sharing more than as my primary go-to. This is because we have another product for Conference and another for remote support where we can fully remote control someones workstation.
In my case I have used this multiple times in support cases where a remote user only can get internet and cant even fire VPN to connect in. So I cant use our primary tools, but we could use join.me.

Pros:

This product is easy to use and intuitive enough that inexperienced users can pickup quickly or be coached to connect and it. It has solid basic control and features to get its job done. You can share screens and its useful for training and basic support We do not use this ourselves but it can be used with up to a very large pool of 250 users.

Cons:

1) Screen sharing is limited, especially when compared to other products. 2) Even though it is web-based you still need to DL a local client. 3) As other reviews have stated, it does seem to lag during times when your switching control over the desktop screen shared. However in testing, this is a limitation of nearly all Conferencing apps I have tried and researched. They tend to run only as well as the wost connection. So while this is actually not directly a fault of this app, it can be seen as a "Con" for those seeking movie-like video conferencing.