Academy Of Mine Reviews

by Academy Of Mine

Filter by:

• Overall

About Academy Of Mine

Businesses that provide Professional Development, Training and Certification Programs.

Learn more about Academy Of Mine

Daniel N.
Assistant Professor
Medical Practice, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/01/2020

"The just-right LMS"

Comments: As a company, AoM has been really fantastic to work with during our development phase. They were understanding about how slowly the wheels turn in academia, and they genuinely wanted to help us make the right choices during our evaluation of their platform. Their customer service is extremely responsive, and their developers were very helpful when we asked to integrate a new plugin into our installation.

Pros: AoM's platform is easy to set up and use, but even more, it allowed me to get more creative with our content development than I would have been able to accomplish with a more traditional LMS. By combining a solid course player/admin panel/gradebook setup with WYSIWYG page design, H5P interactives and Wordpress frameworks, AoM provides a broad range of features and functions that will work for almost any group's eLearning needs.

Cons: AoM's integration of H5P interactive tools can be great for engaging learners, but their built-in testing tools could use some additional development. For example, the platform's built-in testing tools only support multiple choice, multiple correct, and short answer questions. Also, their assignment functions are excellent, but we could use some additional control over the ways that learners interact with the assignments.

Alternatives Considered: CANVAS and Thought Industries

Reasons for Switching to Academy Of Mine: For the price and use-case, AoM beat out all of the competitors.

• Reviewed on 06/01/2020
Shantala S.
Founder and Teacher
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 06/03/2019

"Excellent Customer Focus!"

Comments: My overall experience has been just great with AOM. I've been able to resolve some concerns I had about changes in pricing and AOM has repeatedly demonstrated excellent support.

Pros: - Everything is completely customisable. If the customisation is not possible through the administrator functions, AOM will do the coding you require.
- This means you can achieve your own look that is aligned with the rest of your company's online presence
- The user interface is very good. My e-learning platform looks like a serious offering as a result.
- You can not only offer audio, video and text, but also integrate powerpoint ppts and captivate/storyline.
- The assignment functionality is powerful and students are able to upload their assignments - text/zip files.
- The assessment functionality is also powerful - the quiz offers multiple choice and more
- You will be able to create a certification based on clear assignment/quiz criteria.
- Tracking student activity is an extremely useful function available with AOM
- Absolutely great customer service.

Cons: - It took me a while to figure it out, but that's me! Now I'm able to create courses pretty fast!

• Reviewed on 06/03/2019
Adrienne F.
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2019

"Still in the set up phase but I am thrilled!"

Comments: EXCELLENT!!!!

Pros: I have been looking for an LMS solution for quite sometime. AOM had most features I needed but not all but as we grow, they are willing to grow with us. We are working on customizations that meet our needs now and in the future and I am thrilled. Honestly, the team of people working behind the scenes and with me directly are responsive, knowledgeable, and easy to work with. My experience up until this point has been with larger companies with terrible communication, disregard for the small business, and no regard for how their product directly impacts my revenue. AOM is completely different. While we are not up and running yet, this is the part that is the hardest and I have been given an incredible level of support!!

Cons: I would like a bit more control of basic design changes in the LMS itself (color of buttons, etc.) but otherwise I am really happy.

• Reviewed on 12/06/2019
Ahtayaa L.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2020

"Highly recommned"

Comments: AOM has provided an amazing platform that my students love, thus adding huge value to my offering.

Pros: Excellent and always fast support team.
Easy to use

Cons: Inability to upload multiple files without using a zipfile.

• Reviewed on 10/03/2020
Art M.
Founder & CEO
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/12/2018

"An affordable solution for online courses"

Pros: Tech support always answering promptly, the staff willing to customize to meet my needs

Cons: Sometimes provide an over the top answer instead of a simple solution.

• Reviewed on 27/12/2018
Randy F.
Randy F.
Vice President
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2019

"Great Learning Management Software system for Post-secondary Schools without the high Cost"

Comments: Southern Technical Institute is a Post-secondary School with three campuses located in Florida. As Vice President, I highly recommend Academy of Mine for any kind of digital/online training needs. The support team is fast to respond and always seeking solutions. The software continues to evolve to meet the demands of our company. I was a bit apprehensive about signing up originally because I didn't see many post-secondary schools, however, I am so glad that I took the chance. Worth every penny and I have never looked any other LMS software since we signed up. I have been using Academy of Mine nearly 18 months and have only positive feedback to offer. Can't really think of anything negative to say. They always come through for us!!

Pros: Love that we are able to load our own custom text, class content, and quizzes very quickly and easily. Academy of Mine is very simple to manage and pretty much runs on "auto pilot" allowing our staff to handle multiple projects at once. I really like how the curriculum content is automatically included once you do your layout. It's very simple to navigate and manage the student population and student grades. I particularly like the e-commerce ability that allows our students to register, enroll and pay directly online and we still have the ability to manually enter students as needed (all very simple). I also really like that we can "package" individual courses together to offer promotional pricing and also can easily implement coupons that are very effective for increasing our revenue. The BEST feature is the Support Team! Hands down, always reliable and always responsive to our needs. I'm amazed at how they have been so accommodating to our needs and have even done customized coding to help ensure we can offer our products in a professional and efficient manner. Oh yeah, the price is awesome! I looked at many LMS companies and this was by far the best in price and also allowed our three campuses to customize as much as we needed. Most companies force you to use a specific type of LMS downloads. We have had no issues at all.

Cons: We have come across a few "cons" in regard to the needs of Post-secondary. For example, the students grades are not in an easy print format. We typically have to copy and paste in a Word document to help get them clean and on one or two pages at most. Another con is regarding the "Group or Package" of courses can be a bit different from the individual class options. We are currently working with the support team to address that minor issue. The report system is a bit simple, so we have had to come up with a few ways to help meet those needs. But overall, the "cons" are FAR smaller than the "pros"

• Reviewed on 22/01/2019
Daylin M.
Program Director
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2020

"Amazing Customer Service"

Comments: Overall, my experience with Academy of Mine has been great. If it weren't for the customer service and website implementation team or website would look nothing like it does. We have a lot of great potential for growth and I know the Academy of Mine team will be there to help with any edits or changes we require.

Pros: Academy of Mine's customer service is amazing. There is always someone there to answer your question in a very timely manner. We have utilized them to help with the implementation of our website designs and they are always making suggestions and recommendations and go above and beyond to make sure it is what the customer wants.

Cons: The software is very difficult to use at first. Once you get the hang of it, it becomes very easier. The key is to label everything on the back-end. The software does tend to take a longer than usual amount of time to load as well which becomes frustrating when making minor edits.

• Reviewed on 06/06/2020
Adam P.
Adam P.
VP Marketing, Co-Founder
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/08/2018

"Great Online Course Platform"

Comments: We looked at a lot of platforms before choosing Academy of Mine about a year ago. No platform had all of the features we needed except Academy of Mine. They are great in responding to technical requests the same day. We are very happy choosing them.

Pros: Packed with features, both for building comprehensive courses (course pages, discussion boards, certificates, uploadable and written assignments, quizzes etc.) as well as customization of the course platform and marketing/shopping cart tools. Also the team is consistently adding new features and making improvements. Built on a widely used CMS platoform so you get a huge user community, widgets, security updates etc. Although not as important to me, the ability to build your own webpage or store is a great benefit.

Cons: There is so much to the platform and although customer support is very good with AOM, having more platform education tools, wound make it quicker to fix small stuff without raising a support ticket. Especially for the vast array of marketing tools

• Reviewed on 17/08/2018
Jennifer R.
Director of Practice Management
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2019

"Academy of Mine for LMS"

Comments: When I deal with AOM, I feel like I am their only customer - and I know that I am not, but they hear me out, offer workarounds or custom work to meet my needs, and deliver timely.

Pros: We have a variety of courses and AOM allows us to organize them easily, with lessons, but also to have flexibility - as all courses and lessons are not the same, not all have quizzes, handouts, etc. The flexibility to handle different types of training is critical. The price point is extremely fair - and since the platform is scalable, I feel like this is the right product to maximize profit while controlling the cost to administer.

Cons: Some features require custom work by the developers- and while I am being asked what I like least, this is not a deal breaker because the team at AOM will make just about anything you need happen.

• Reviewed on 18/02/2019
Daniel H.
creator
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2018

"If you want customizable LMS, this is it"

Comments: Great team.

Pros: -Customization
-Great customer service
-Enables front and backend management
-Can grow into the features they offer

Cons: -Costs more than other LMS but this is expected for the advantages

• Reviewed on 11/09/2018
Dr deborah m V.
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/01/2020

"My Experience With Academy of Mine"

Comments: I carefully researched the platform to support my individualized needs to develop my e-learning course as well as to revise my website. My conclusion has been that I have no regrets selecting Academy of Mine. I am extremely pleased with the updates made to my business website because all of my services, including my e-learning course as well as my blog, are now easily accessible for users to access. I look forward to completing my marketing initiatives so that my target audience will receive the support that they require as I advance my mission to "Ignite Family Engagement In Education".

Pros: The continuous help desk and person-to-person support as it relates to setting up my unique program has been valuable. Based on my experience with Academy of Mine to date, I know that any assistance that I require will be provided in an extremely timely manner.

Cons: Because my online course is unique, I had challenges setting it up. Segments were difficult for me to navigate. Additionally, I needed assistance transferring my website credentials to this company. However, Academy of Mine helped me. In fact, they continue to provide me with as required assistance.

Brad T.
Airlines/Aviation, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2019

"Great Learning Management System"

Comments: Very easy to deal with and their support team go the extra mile to make sure everything is working correctly for you

Pros: The Ability to create courses very quickly and provide certificates upon completion of the course.

Cons: There is alot to understand as to how it is all going together, however the online tutorials are great resources to use.

• Reviewed on 27/06/2019
João R.
Student
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2020

"Academy Of Mine | Helping you Sell Your Knowledge"

Comments: I've used Academy of Mine to help out with selling online and they're been nothing but amazing to me, and the services all have their purpose and helpfulness and I couldn't ask for a better product in this category.

Pros: Academy Of Mine helps you create and sell your courses by offering management tools and website plugins to better your experience with the E-learning and E-commerce businesses, from personalization to live training making it a complete option to consider.

Cons: The price can be the main negative point here, but for what it offers (the 24/7 support and the endless tools that will help you out) the price is justified and you shouldn't be detracted by it.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2020
Patrick R.
Product Manager
Market Research, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2020

"Excellent partnership and value"

Comments: Customer service from Academy of Mine has been exceptional. The team (Valentijn in particular) has been quick to respond to our requests for customization, to scope out solutions, and to execute. The responsiveness and flexibility of the AOM team--essentially the service component--have distinguished AOM from every other LMS provider I've contacted and from the vast majority of vendors with whom I've worked.

Pros: The software itself is built on WordPress, so it offers numerous opportunities to customize the appearance and interface for various purposes. In addition, there's an option to support an unlimited number of users, which is appealing for organizations that anticipate a large user base.

Cons: Not all the menus for customization are easy to find or intuitive. In a similar vein, some features that might be standard or more advanced in other platforms are missing or basic in AOM. However, as I mention below, one of the great strengths of AOM's service is that their team will work with clients to customize and develop the product.

Alternatives Considered: LearningCart, Inquisiq, Thought Industries and TalentLMS

Reasons for Switching to Academy Of Mine: AOM's service during the sale and trial was superior to the service from other companies. That ethic of service has continued into the partnership.

• Reviewed on 24/02/2020
Steven G.
Educator
Hospitality, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2021

"Great product, company and service team!"

Comments: Overall, it has been an amazing experience! I've been using the program for 5 years now and in that time I have had very few issues. But when I have, I have received excellent service and they have been there for me to help and provide guidance. Even now, during COVID, when I was struggling, they provided help and assistance above and beyond my expectations. Just a great resource for my business.

Pros: The software is easy to use and navigate. The program was very self-explanatory and not difficult to use and when I had questions, there was always an easy way to find answers. The system was easy to work on and make changes to and allowed for updates and changes as needed with ease.

Cons: At first it took some time to learn but once we learned it, no problem. The transfer of the domain took a little time, but again, once setup it was good.

• Reviewed on 25/01/2021
Matthew T.
President/Academic Program Chair
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2018

"Try Out Academy of Mine - You Will Be Glad You Did"

Comments: For the past four years, Academy of Mine has helped us provide certification level training for firefighters and first responders. Academy of Mine offers the perfect solution for online learning, product sales, marketing, commerce, reporting, analytics, and much more. It is user-friendly for both the instructor and student. There are many custom tools to provide a great learning environment for students. With 24/7 technical support, we never have to worry about an issue. If you are thinking about how to expand your business to meet your needs, give them a try. You will be glad you did!

Pros: Academy of Mine is the perfect solution for online learning. Easy to use dashboard with customizable tools including commerce, marketing, product building, and much more. Their 24/7 technical support is amazing. Whatever you are in the market for, Academy of Mine will help you reach your goals the way you envision.

Cons: I have no complaints except that I wish I found out about them sooner.

Elise C.
Training and Development Specialist
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2019

"Great LMS for our needs"

Comments: We wanted to go with Academy of Mine for our short term and long term goals. They've exceeded expectations with our short term goals, so we're excited to see how it can help us with our future growth.

Pros: - Unlimited User Logins (regardless of user type)
- So easy for students to use
- Beautiful student experience
- Easy reporting at a glance or in depth
- So many features that we needed, like gamification, module types, and support for questions.

Cons: - Initially creating content in lessons takes time to learn. But once you learn, you can create templates to make the process easier in the future.
- I have to clear my cache somewhat frequently if I'm working on larger projects

Alternatives Considered: Northpass

Reasons for Choosing Academy Of Mine: Zunos didn't have unlimited users, there was a cost per number of seats. We were growing too fast for the budget to be sustainable for us. They were great for our smaller business needs!

• Reviewed on 03/12/2019
Registrar
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2019

"These folks understand customer service"

Comments: Turned a must-do compliance task into a revenue stream.

Pros: The platform is complete, robust, reliable. Support is quick and responsive. They actually encourage you to ask if you can't find a feature or setting. Further development seems to be ongoing so I think we're just seeing the beginning of what this platform can offer.

Cons: Honestly I'm struggling to think up a criticism here. We're really very pleased with the solution.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2019
Erik R.
Lawyer
Legal Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/01/2020

"Customer support is incredible!! Super quick. Platform is very very good!"

Comments: VERY GOOD!

Pros: I love the fact that you get help almost straight away, no matter what.
It is possible to get almost everything customized, which is super valuable!

Cons: So far I have not discovered any cons. There are some things that could be covered better in the tutorials, but no cons on the platform or the service.

Kevin J.
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2020

"The best LMS all around"

Comments: We were in a learning management system that was just broken. The provider was actually advertising other courses on the purchase pages for ours. AoM exceeded out needs and jumped on helping move us to their platform. Even when we have had questions or issues, they are quick on helping resolve them.

Pros: AoM has built a learning management system (LMS) around core components that meet our needs as a training provider. Even better as our needs have grown, Academy of Mine has grown to meet them.

Cons: As we began the system has a bunch of things that all work together to build the user experience. While that is one of the benefits as it is powerful, the learning curve was a bit substantial. This was made harder because most of the documentation is videos. My understanding is that AoM is adding text instructions as well.

• Reviewed on 05/03/2020
Akhilesh K.
Akhilesh K.
Content Developer
Higher Education, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2018

"Satisfied all my needs , even obscure ones :) !!"

Comments: My Overall experience can be summarised in the following points : 1) Support is very great and responsive .
2) Front end of site is unique and everyone can plan their own look and feel of site .
3) Hosting authoring tool content gives me scope for immense creativity in my courses.
4) Unlimited students at no extra fee does not give me any variable subscription fee headache every month .
5) I could use my own payment gateway to accept payments and money is directly transferred to my account immediately unlike many others who transfer money after 1-2 months period .
6) Initially , I had to work hard to customise the site according to my needs as compared to what was offered by other platforms .
7) But overall , once set up , its almost zero headache to maintain the LMS .

Pros: In one word , it is their flexibility and ability to customise each account according to one's needs . My own academy built on academyofmine.com has so many unique features that they custom built for me (and very patiently :) ) according to my demands . There. That's what makes them stand apart. They give you an out of the box solution to start with and then customise it according to your needs . But besides that , these are the pros that come to my mind right now : 1) The website front end is simply one of the best and I could customise it to my heart's content . The AOM builder they provide for making the sites is just top notch ! And you can use it to make a site that is different from everybody else's . You are only limited by your own creativity. 2) Besides the regular pdf , quiz etc capability , they give you an option to even upload SCORM files ( but without tracking) built on authoring tools like Articulate , Lectora , etc . This was a very distinct feature . I had gone through at least 50 LMS services ( and I am not exaggerating ) before zeroing down on AOM and there were almost none who offered ability to host SCORM files with unlimited number of students enrolled ! 3) On that note, you can have unlimited number of students enrolled without any extra fee. They also don't charge you on sales. You keep 100% of what you earn and pay just the fixed plan subscription. 4) I can go on and on but am limited by 1490 characters limit here on Capterra.

Cons: 1) Initially , I was given very few video guides to illustrate how to work with the platform . That caused problems and forced me to contact support again and again . Luckily, the support was very responsive. And I have seen that lately , they have increased the amount of these video illustrations, although I don't need it anymore. 2) Initially , it took me some time to build my LMS . Although they provided support , it was a bit daunting . But guess , a unique site at the end of it made up for it :)

Raven T.
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2019

"Great Customer Support, Wonderful use of WordPress, And still scaling to meet the client's needs"

Comments: The overall experience is pretty good. The customer support is superb and they go truly try to accommodate custom requests. It's a great product for anyone looking for a quick, all-in-one solution for delivery of online courses.

Pros: The integration of the software into WordPress where all of the maintenance tasks of managing a website such as security, plugin updates, load time, etc. are handled by the AOM team is what I like most about this software. Also, the initial templates and set-up provided by AOM allows a starting point where scaling up from that point is feasible. In other words, giving us something to get started with is something that I really appreciated.

Cons: What I like least about this software is the TinCan importing experience for the students. If you have a team a developers directly building in AOM, then the platform is a beauty. But if your developers are building on 3rd party tools and then importing into AOM, then the experience is not ideal. Also, another issue is the course management framework for courses that have sessions and that are not on-demand. The platform was built for management of on-demand courses and not necessarily for courses that need a parent course where other child courses need managed under that parent to accommodate rolling starts. However, this feature is getting added for our team because we requested it. Lastly, the limitations of customizing styling for those who do know how to go into the CSS and customize presents a little challenge. For example, to customize the course cards, it requires one to have a working knowledge of CSS.

by Academy Of Mine on 09/10/2019

Thanks so much for your candid feedback! We appreciate it.

Just one clarification: Advanced CSS is only required for more advanced styling; within the platform you do have the ability to access more versatile design options to style course cards and site pages.

If you require more advanced CSS styling, just let us know! We're happy to do that for you as a service included in your service plan.

• Reviewed on 04/10/2019
Chitra P.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2018

"After testing four softwares, AOM was the clear winner."

Comments: Using Academy of Mine has streamlined our business in several ways. Instead of using various softwares, we now use one for customer management, booking, client communication, and newsletters.

Pros: Academy of Mine's advantage over other softwares resides in its pricing structure, ease of customization, and customer service. We were in need of an LMS to create a program that would function differently than a traditional online course. To accomplish this, we needed several customizations, which AOM quickly completed. Our previous experience regarding development with other softwares had been extremely slow and very costly. On the other hand, the AOM development team is the most prompt and at the lowest cost we've experienced. They also have addressed every tech support question we've had almost immediately - even on weekends! This high level of customer service is not common in the software industry, and it certainly places Academy of Mine above the competition.

Cons: There is not much to dislike about the software. Our experience has been that if there is something we need to have changed, from visual to system modifications, the AOM addresses it...and most of the time, for free!

• Reviewed on 10/10/2018
Mike K.
Executive Director
Higher Education, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2020

"Highly customizable LMS with outstanding support"

Comments: A few years ago, we began to realize that we had outgrown our LMS. Our response was to re-invest into it with large and expensive custom builds using an independent database and robust API's. In time, however, we further realized that we were spending more and more time and money on site maintenance and builds a less time on our core competencies: that of developing and marketing our e-learning products. In searching for alternative solutions that would allow us to get back to what we wanted to, we found Academy of Mine. Thus far in our experience with them, AOM has taken the time to understand our unique needs as an e-learning provider and to build a wide array of custom solutions for us which will allow us to improve our students' experiences, decrease our repetitive operational tasks and essentially to outsource our web development and maintenance needs, allowing us to focus on our core competencies again.

Pros: - Excellent customization capacities - including of both front-end and back-end
- Outstanding support - both during the build process and post
- Affordable pricing
- Wide array of features and products included standard
- Modern interactive course player

Cons: The system can be a challenge to fully grasp at first, however, I would attribute this to the fact that they simply have a wide array of products and offerings. They do offer excellent training features and support along with these features.

• Reviewed on 14/02/2020
Pete S.
Pete S.
CEO | Founder at Sales Pro Academy
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2019

"Amazing company"

Comments: Being a customer since 2014, we've been able to develop a long term strategy with AOM and now we're in talks for doing many more projects. I highly rate them over other companies due to their approach and support.

Pros: I love that we're able to custom build our LMS platform and work closely with the aom team.

Cons: It was a steep learning curve for us at the beginning, but we're well into a long and happy partnership now and the AOM tech team are always on hand to help.

• Reviewed on 05/02/2019