15 years helping British businesses

United Kingdom Local product

BidJs Reviews

4.5 (19) Write a Review! United Kingdom Local product

About BidJs

BidJS enables online timed and webcast bidding on your own website. Simple low cost pricing and quick and easy to set up.

Learn more about BidJs

Pros:

It's very easy to use, to navigate and to make any amendments when needed for customers.

Cons:

The price of the items we are auctioning is not excessive therefore our exposure is not that large if we happen to get an email that is not good. M willing to take that risk.

BidJs ratings

4.4
4.9
4.2
4.6

8.4/10

BidJs has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 19 user reviews on Capterra.

Sort by

Have you used BidJs before?

Olivia
Olivia
Marketing Executive in UK
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11–50 Employees

Amazing product and amazing service!

Pros:

This software is so easy to use! I love the way I'm able to easily keep track of auctions that are approaching and can easily identify which auctions need more marketing attention than others. It's visual design is very user friendly.

Cons:

I integrate the software with Mailchimp, the integration was a bit bumpy at first but now works so smoothly and I couldn't be more happy with the product.

Paula
Owner in US
Investment Management, 2–10 Employees

Review

Comments: I think you have a great product and we have had great support and building it into our website. Cindy has been my point person in my marketing manager who handles all of the technical side of it and I know that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a huge help to her! If we can fix this registration process I do believe we can have a great deal of success with the auction software program. If not it will probably cause us to fall off at some point as we are struggling to have any profitability on it. We know from analytics that we are driving a tremendous amount of people to the site and that they are looking at the auction but our capacity to convert them to a registered bitter is poor.

Pros:

The back end management and options for featuring products Both visually as well as copy

Cons:

The customer registration is far too cumbersome for our customer base. Too many steps and a bit complicated for the non savvy user. All we really need is their email for billing purposes and that’s all I want them to be required to give. I’m ok with validating the email through an email sent to them but do not need mailing address, phone etc. Also, after validating, it should take them right to the auction page and they should be able to bid and be signed in already. Having to check the box and go back to that process again loses some of them and I’ve been told by many customers they just simply couldn’t get in. I also think it has to do with user name and password. So if the email is the username/password it will make it all that much more easier. The price of the items we are auctioning is not excessive therefore our exposure is not that large if we happen to get an email that is not good. I’m willing to take that risk.

Ron
Software Engineer/Developer in Canada
Fine Art, 11–50 Employees

Great Product but Lots of Room for Improvement

Comments: This system was easy to get up and running and get auctions working.
Issues with Bid Increment and autobids where it creates bids that are are off the normal bid increments must be fixed or ability to choose this type of autobid.

Pros:

Easy to Use Price is Ideal Easy Integration Has API to inter-grate into your back house Great support Looks like they are trying to improve system

Cons:

Interface is not modern or new. Lack of access to change and control user info Lack of ability to enter phone or email bids into system Autobid NEEDs to follow bid increment !! if autobid 62 dollars and next bid increment is 60 dollars it just bids 60 dollars and 2 dollars doesn't get used because can't make proper bid increment. Api needs ability to control all aspects of system (needs ability to add bids to lot ,etc) Sign up should be able to customize and easy remove fields. Sign up we find difficult for users. If you change time or settings for staggered closing - should auto adjust instead of removing lots and adding them back in.

bidlogix Response

3 years ago

Hi Ron, Thank you for taking the time to review BidJS. Its great to hear that you have found it easy to get up and running on your own website. We have a number of improvements coming to the administration interface over the next 12 months which I am sure you will approve of. As with all of our customers we will be asking for your feedback as we work on these areas. Expanding the API is part of this roadmap and our vision is eventually for all administration functions to be exposed via the API. With regards to customising the information that you are collecting for users I would highly recommend you looking into our SSO documentation. I will ask support to send this to you. I also understand that support are working with you around clarifying the autobid functionality. We will shortly be releasing v4 of BidJS which has a significant amount of UX improvements. I will ask support to share the details with you for feedback. Thanks Adam CEO - Bidlogix.

Russell
Auction Manager in UK
Internet, 11–50 Employees

Bidjs

Comments: Its been good to use and is still easy to use however nothing really seems to have changed in the years i have been using it for.

Pros:

The Visuals while running auctions is great and is very easy to use, searching for things can be easy, Dashboard is easy to use, and support is great when needed.

Cons:

Not enough reporting functionalityRemoval of bids is terrible and time consumingthe automatic cancelling of bids by the system is incorrect and shouldnt happen as it costs us as a company money when removing bids.

Pharmaceuticals, 11–50 Employees

Auction Software

Pros:

Great Customer Support and administrative controls.

Cons:

The photo Browser from a user perspective is not good, they need a better gallery to view images.

Alternatives Considered: Auction Flex and Auction Mobility Auction Software

Gabriela
Project Coordinator in UK
Machinery, 2–10 Employees

Very easy to understand how to use it

Comments: I use it every day at work and I really enjoy it.

Pros:

I like that you can read what each bottom says, specially as there are so many, so I don't have to guess what each icon means while clicking.

Cons:

My colleagues in Finance says it can be faster but I don't use the financial part of raising invoices. I only upload material for the auctions.

Roger
Group CEO in UK
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

Flexible system and fabulous support from an ambitious company

Comments: We moved from physical auctions to online auctions in just 10 days during the Covid pandemic. Bid-JS has proved to be very reliable. We have run hundreds of auctions with a total value of over £30m. The support from their team is outstanding.

Pros:

It's fast to implement (took us just a day). The support is outstanding.

Cons:

The registration and post-sale processes are somewhat manual.

DANIELA
Credit Controller in UK
Machinery, 2–10 Employees

Good software but could be improved

Comments: I usually deal with customers queries and help them with their accounts

Pros:

it's very easy to use, to navigate and to make any amendments when needed for customers

Cons:

Features like data exporting and account registration could be improved

Gülfidan
Managing Director / Founder in Türkiye
Fine Art, 2–10 Employees

Very Pozitive

Comments: We were able to find the best solution by whenever compromise (Especially by turkish translations ).

Pros:

I get what i’ve expected. Exactly what i was looking for.

Cons:

.The admin panel is stil only in English .Some missing parts to be translated in the real webpage of the user / to be improved by.

Alternatives Considered: Webtron Online Auction

Reasons for Switching to BidJs: Quick Respond Better pricing Follow up

Jordan
Jordan
Marketing Executive in UK
Machinery, 11–50 Employees

Exceeded Expectations

Pros:

The software sits seamlessly on our website as it was styled taking into consideration our brand guidelines. The team at BidJS were very helpful as were the step-by-step guides for installing.

Cons:

Nothing immediately springs to mind, any smaller issues (me needing assistance, rather than an actual problem) have been resolved quickly and efficiently by the BidJS team.

Gabriel
Marketing Manager in Germany
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

More Costumization Please

Comments: It's a good application with all the important features for our company. The functions are all
running solid and we can rely on BidJs. Some features could be handled more specific regarding our needs Including missing option for customization from our side would make it almost perfect.

Pros:

It's reliable and the design of the lot catalogue.

Cons:

Not enough customization. The interaction with BidJS and the homepage are limited. Lot descriptions missing features to interact like in wavebid.

Alternatives Considered: Wavebid

Reasons for Choosing BidJs: Support was running out.

Tom
Director in UK

Flexible Customisable Software

Comments: This product can be used by small and large organisations as is customisable and support is excellent.

Pros:

Has most features for that you would find on software that is bespoke, easy to use and most importantly the data you generate from sales is yours.

Cons:

Would be nice if the product automatically updated without need for bringing in programmers to modify website.

Gil
art consultant in France
Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

Easy to implement software

Comments: What i mostly appreciated since we decided to use the software is the support of the Bidlogix team.They always provided help and started working on the issues we encountered very quickly.Hats to the support team.

Pros:

Easy implementation.As an administrator, i find it straightforward and easy to use the software.I can set up an auction in no time.

Cons:

Some features were missing at the time we started using Bidlogix (like credit card verification).

Fine Art

I use this software everyday to host live webcast auctions for a number of top auctioneers.

Comments: Allows auctioneers t easily expand into the growing internet bidding market without the fuss and cost of developing a platform yourself.

Pros:

A fantastic white label live bidding platform thats easy to instal and skin for you r own website and comes with a fantastic support and development team.

Cons:

Honestly can't say I've found fault with it yet. It does exactly what I need it to do. Anything I'm not sure about is answered by the support team very quickly.

Jodie
Web Developer in UK
Online Media, 2–10 Employees

Great product backed up with am even better team

Comments: Great experience so far, the team are helpful with any queries and work hard at fixing and bugs found.

Pros:

It's easy to use and set up, styles are fully customisable which helps users keep familiar branding. The team really want to drive this product forward.

Cons:

Reliance on some old technologies, I know the team are working hard to rectify this and make it better but right now it's a little out of date.

Director of Ecommerce in US
Computer Hardware, 51–200 Employees

Improved our profits by reaching a broader global market

Comments: We have already sold over 7 million dollars in product so far through this platform and have widened our customer base to some new areas of the globe. This has been an excellent tool for us, and really enabled me personally to increase my productivity 10 fold over the old direct sale method.

Pros:

Great how it integrates right into our website. Once you get the hang of the work flow, auction building goes pretty quickly and smoothly.

Cons:

I little tricky to get used to the modifier selection and in navigating some features of the software.

Emma
Marketing in UK
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

BidJs Review

Comments: Great product

Pros:

White flagging users, Ease of use, great support

Cons:

It's quite rigid, we can't change too much

Patrick
Manager in Switzerland
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Leo-Management review

Comments: good sales...

Pros:

Easy to use and set up Fast access to business

Cons:

not really multilingual... and multi currency

Leslie
Leslie
jefe de tienda in Spain
Defense & Space, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Una muy buena opcion de mercado.

Comments: Mi experiencia es muy buena me guto ya que es intuitiva por otra parte es muy economica y asi puedes ir bien siempre la recomendare y en la empresa de donde trabajo yo di la opinion para adaptarla a nuestras actividades.

Pros:

Me gusta ya que estas subasta puedes programarla con un limite de tiempo es de tiempo, La opción de balanzas de medida me es muy útil ya que así puedo realizar mas de 1 o 200 subastas en cada dia es multi lenguaje por lo bien el cliente que vea una subasta va a estar bien ya que la herramienta se adapta a sus necesidades.

Cons:

Actualmente no le encuentro pegas a ael producto asi estoy muy comodo la herramienta es muy versatil por lo cual apuesta a por ella.