Piktochart Reviews

by Piktochart

Filter by:

• Overall

About Piktochart

Your all-in-one visual communication maker for designing stunning infographics, presentations, reports, and more in under 30 minutes.

Learn more about Piktochart

Amelia G.
Instructional Designer
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2021

"Usable, Dynamic, and Attractive Designs"

Comments: Often times when I need to create user guides, attractive marketing, infographics, and other collateral, I don't have the time (or know-how) to make highly professional visual designs on some very tight deadlines. As an Instructional Designer, I very appreciate the many styles, sizes, and types of designs available on Piktochart- ranging from flyers to reports and infographics to social media templates. All of the available materials are very professional, and the interface of the program has the right amount of tools that allow for customization, while not offering infinite options which could quickly become creatively overwhelming,

Pros: The benefits I most appreciate about Piktochart (and the reason I have continued to use it over and against other platforms like Canva) are the stock designs that are available. The templates can be accessed across all membership levels of the software, and they are creative, engaging, and very visually appealing in unique ways!

Cons: The pricing of these platforms always feels somewhat steep to me relative to the cost of other very sophisticated video and audio editing software. I feel I would be more likely to purchase and keep a subscription if it was about half of the monthly price! The paid levels don't feel significantly worth the value relative to the free subscription.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2021
Julio césar P.
Julio césar P.
Teacher English Foreign Language
  • Reviewed on 01/07/2018

"Fantastic and elegant software for creating interesting and beautiful presentations very easily."

Comments: Simplicity, cool features, highly convenient price. Piktochart offers users the chance of doing interesting presentations in technically no considerable amount of time invested.

Pros: First of all, piktochart most relevant advantages imply simplicity, functionality and convenience. As an English teacher, I always need to provide students with engaging explanatory materials, capable of delivering complex messages in the most simplistic and understandable way. With piktochart you are able to do this and more, at a very convenient price. The layouts ae attractive and engaging. My students love appreciating my piktochart explanations, basically made for explaining grammar or functions within the language.

Cons: Truth be told, the amount of layouts and fonts might be a little limited to say at least. However, for its final price, this issues do not interfere with its other considerable perks and pluses.

• Reviewed on 01/07/2018
Tamara A.
Tamara A.
Digital Marketing Manager
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2019

"Piktochart is one of the best software to do infographics"

Comments: Infographics are very important digital elements in social networks because it allow to display a large amount of visually attractive information in a summary way. It's one of the most requested designs by customers for their social networks and websites. Piktochart is one of the softwares I use most to make them because it has adequate and precise tools that allow me to create them in a professional and easy way.

Pros: It has predesigned templates that can be edited and customized in a simple way, adding or removing elements by drag & drop, resizing them, adding fonts, adding multimedia content, etc. It has very easy to understand tutorials and the software is very intuitive so that anyone who does not have design or programming knowledge can use it. Different types of digital visual elements can be created, such as infographic, report, banners and presentation.

Cons: There is nothing in particular that I do not like, it's quite functional even in the free version.

by Piktochart on 23/08/2019

Hi Tamara! Thanks for leaving us a positive review! So good to hear that our application has been valuable to you :) Have an amazing weekend!

• Reviewed on 21/08/2019
Zach P.
Zach P.
Communications Specialist
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2020

"Simplifying graphic design and perhaps the best tool for infographics!"

Comments: Piktochart is a handy design tool for any novice designer that wishes to step up their graphic work without having to invest a lot of time learning the complexities of Adobe programs.

Pros: Piktochart is easy to use, intuitive and has a ton of resources and templates to create visually stunning infographics that enables rookie designers to create truly beautiful designs. The best part of this software is its simplicity and the drag and drop style way of designing; this style makes learning the design process painless and easy.

Cons: In some cases, if you are looking to have graphic design work done for larger-scale projects Piktochart isn't going to be your best solution - in this case Adobe programs still reign supreme. Piktochart simply doesn't have as robust features and functionalities when compared to any Adobe design program.

by Piktochart on 09/04/2020

Hi Zach! Thank you for leaving us a positive feedback! We're glad you find Piktochart easier to use than Adobe :) If there are any functionalities you'd like to see, do reach out!

Stay safe!

• Reviewed on 07/04/2020
Pasante Asuntos Corporativos
1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2018

"Very good application to perform infographics and presentations in a very short period of time."

Pros: The best quality that this application has is the speed and simplicity of the application in letting you design any type of art you need at the moment. Having an easy access to the application through an email, being registered in the web page

Cons: I'd like if the space for Uploading images for a free user can be more than 40 Mb. It seems very less when you want to do a long one and do multiple edits. I wish they had a few more template options to pick from. I am not sure if there is a community template area I have not checked out, but that might be cool too. I'm sure it is necessary to advertise, but my office does not budget to pay for a subscription. We use the free version that includes a watermark/boilerplate for Piktochart on everything we create.

• Reviewed on 06/06/2018
Internet Marketing Specialist
  • Reviewed on 29/12/2019

"Simple to Use - Gets the Job Done"

Comments: Overall, Piktochart is a super easy platform to use to create good-looking infographics. Creation is intuitive, making it easy for first-timers to use Piktochart right away.

Pros: Piktochart is super easy to pick up and use. We've used the free version to make simple infographics to supplement some of the blogs we write for clients, and for those purposes, it certainly gets the job done. It's nice to have a selection of templates, and the fact that the options get refreshed from time to time is also nice. I appreciate having a selection of photos and clip art to choose from built into the platform. The best thing is really how easy it is to make a nice-looking infographic in very little time, even if you're new to the platform.

Cons: Since we only use the free version, we do find that we've often limited by templates. There are some on the paid version that look quite appealing! But, for our purposes, the free version suffices.

by Piktochart on 01/01/2020

Thanks for choosing Piktochart! We've made some changes last year - all templates are accessible by FREE and PRO users. Happy New Year! :)

• Reviewed on 29/12/2019
Emily P.
Curriculum Developer
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2019

"Basic infographic creation"

Pros: When I want to make an infographic, I automatically just go to Piktochart because I know they'll have the suite of graphics and suggestions for layouts that I am comfortable with. Creating blocks and sections, using different fonts, and even some pretty cool tools like importing data that can be turned into visualizations -- there's a lot to love about this tool.

Cons: Sometimes I felt like there was a big lag in saving my work or that the website couldn't handle all the things I was asking for-- it occasionally runs slow. And that's OK because I didn't use a paid version, but users expect to have near real-time updating, saving and responsiveness from the tools they use.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2019
Emily F.
Emily F.
Customer Support Rep
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2018

"Life saver!"

Pros: Seriously the best infographic creator out there. Piktochart got me through college! So easy to create really professional looking infographics - much better than trying to create one on Photoshop, in my opinion. The templates make it so easy to get a head start on a project and the text frames add such a splash of creativity. Love Piktochart!

Cons: No cons yet! Such a great, easy to use software. Also... it's web based so what's not to love?! You can access it anywhere.

• Reviewed on 24/04/2018
Optometrist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2019

"Piktochart Review"

Comments: Mainly use it to make personas and infographics, they have templates which make the job a lot easier

Pros: Simple to use when making infographics and personas, as they have many good templates and you just have to edit from there

Cons: Not easy to resize this software, so it is not as easy to make posters with it. Also when there are too many graphics it lags

by Piktochart on 11/09/2019

Hi! Thank you so much for leaving us feedback! We appreciate it. Do you mind for us to get in touch with you so we can understand more about your pain points when it comes to resizing? You can reach me at [email protected] Thanks!

• Reviewed on 08/09/2019
Research Supervisor
Government Administration, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2019

"Versatile Application"

Comments: As a researcher I use Piktochart for everything form public health infographs to recruit flyers and even on occasion incorporate their templates in my office emails. As a student I use the product primarily for presentation and visual aids. Regardless of how I applied the product I have always found it useful and received high praise for my design/info layout.

Pros: piktochart provides you with several different templates from infographic to resumes that can be printed or incorporated into online platforms. Additionally the easy of use to layout text and images makes this product ideal.

Cons: The graphic and charts feature is very limited and you cannot control just selected text with a text box (any changes effect all text in that box).

• Reviewed on 14/01/2019
General Manager
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2018

"The Best Infographics Creator"

Comments: I have used Piktochart to create infographics illustrating processes our non-profit uses to reach our clients, which are sometimes difficult to explain via other mediums.

Pros: Piktochart is absolutely the best infographics creator in my opinion. They have a decent selection of graphics and elements available for free, and their results are very professional-looking. The design of the software handles the nature of the strange size of an infographic quite well.

Cons: In the free version, there is still a limited amount of elements you can choose from, which makes it a bit difficult to achieve the results you may envision, but you still can create an image that is functional and modern.

• Reviewed on 31/12/2018
Kelsey C.
Kelsey C.
Marketing Specialist
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2019

"Piktochart"

Comments: Overall, I enjoy using Piktochart for simple and quick needs. But, I would prefer to use something else for larger projects.

Pros: I like the ease of use and low barrier of entry. If you are looking for a very simple tool to make very simple, but nice looking, charts then this is the platform for you to use. It's easy, simple, and helpful.

Cons: You get what you pay (or don't pay for). Yes, it's very easy to use and can create nice looking graphics, but the functionality is low. You can't do everything, it's formatted in a way that isn't editable, and can cause some limitations.

• Reviewed on 16/04/2019
Angela F.
classroom teacher
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2018

"I use Piktochart to create eye catching Infographic syllabi for my English courses."

Pros: I like the variety of templates as well as the ability to create my own templates for my documents. There is a wide variety of font choices, which I also appreciate. I can import my own graphics as well.

Cons: I find it difficult to align things sometimes and because I use the free version it downloads with the watermark. I don't think that is a software issue so much as a user issue, but something to be aware of.

• Reviewed on 07/05/2018
Jessica D.
Counselor
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2018

"Amazing tool"

Comments: Overall it has been amazing and well worth the money

Pros: I love how easy it is to use this software and all of the amazing templates they have. As an educator I use this to create handouts for my students, flyers for parents, and so much more.

Cons: In the beginning it can be difficult to navigate but gets easier with time.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2018
Maria B.
student
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2018

"the best software to make infographics and brochures that I have tried without paying anything."

Comments: It allowed me to create infographics and brochures for the tasks assigned to me in the university.

Pros: excellent templates, available for free and also for payment.
It is very easy to use, you learn in a very short time to use the functions of the program.
It is free for most of the things that one needs to do.
allows to easily make infographics, presentations, posters, flyers and reports.
allows download in png format and share in social networks.

Cons: It is a bit slow to load the editor and update the changes.
To use the animated icons and download the presentation, infographic or printable you must update to the "pro" payment plan.

• Reviewed on 23/06/2018
Cate M.
Director of Client Engagement
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2021

"Used Piktochart when first exploring infographics"

Comments: I was happy with Piktochart however when I started looking into other options, I found another system that offers more of what I'm looking for.

Pros: The software is simple to use and offers a great selection for the free trial. I was able to teach myself how to use the system and the end product delivered what I was looking for.

Cons: In order to have custom colour palettes, you need to pay for the upgraded version. I did this and didn't feel there were that many added bonuses.

by Piktochart on 02/02/2021

Hi Cate! Thanks for your honest review! If you need any help, we'll be happy to show you around PRO benefits. Feel free to reach out to [email protected] anytime :)

• Reviewed on 22/01/2021
Erin T.
Erin T.
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2018

"Perfect for creating infographoc for presentations or for sharing on social media"

Comments: This software helps us create detailed images that can illustrate important points specific to our industry that are not available pre made for purchase.

Pros: This program allows us to create good quality infographics for presentations and social media quickly and completely.

Cons: I dislike that the software branding appears so large at the bottom of the image as it can be distracting to viewers.

• Reviewed on 05/04/2018
Richard H.
Richard H.
Data Scientist
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/05/2018

"A superb tool for making crisp Infographics."

Pros: It's wonderfully focused, allowing you to make some very impressive infographics without a bunch of unnecessary extra features that you'd never actually use,

Cons: It could do with adding the ability to preview the finished infographic based on the file type you chose as it reorients slightly to meet file type requirements.

• Reviewed on 26/05/2018
Virginia W.
Part-time Assistant Professor
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2021

"Sorry, not legal"

Comments: Overall I'm really disappointed. I had hoped to find something I could use to increase the visual appeal of my on-line courses.

Pros: It looks great if you are able-bodied -- very appealing, visually.

Cons: There is no accessibility-checker, templates when WAVEd generate hundreds of errors, there is no way to properly add alt-text, charts and maps cannot be read by screen readers.

by Piktochart on 25/05/2021

Hi Virginia! I'm so sorry we do not yet have the feature for accessibility-checker.

• Reviewed on 19/05/2021
Stacey B.
Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2021

"Good for visuals"

Comments: I really enjoy using this for visual representations of what I'm learning. It's s great way to organize information and it would be great to use for businesses or flyers.

Pros: I have been using this program to complete activities for my grad school classes. There are so many templates to choose from or you can make your own. Lots of fun fonts and graphics and you can upload your own images as well.

Cons: I do wish that they had some templates that were just empty with text boxes but no writing. There are so many but sometimes the amount is overwhelming.

by Piktochart on 13/07/2021

Thanks, Stacey! We appreciate your positive review :)

• Reviewed on 10/07/2021
Digital Marketing Manager
Computer Hardware, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2019

"Picture (and Infographic) Perfect"

Comments: Overall a great creation tool for infographics.

Pros: I mostly use Piktochart for Infographic creation. It's very easy to use, and the interface is very user friendly.

Cons: The layout/templates might be a little limited for some, but as I am not too experienced in creating infographics/don't need anything too fancy, extra options aren't necessary to me.

• Reviewed on 09/04/2019
Gede ananda A.
Gede ananda A.
Chief Executive Officer
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/05/2021

"Infographic done quick"

Comments: As a college student, Piktochart is my best friend for making good infographics and charts for my Presentation assignment. Besides infographic, I can also make some banner graphics and posters with this which I think very good.

Pros: I can choose a wide range of templates and styles for my Infographic, with just drag and drop I can make something good-looking. It also comes with free-trial which is helping me a lot

Cons: The paid version is too pricy for the feature they offer. Layering is also a bit difficult for me, because the graphic keep overlapping each other

by Piktochart on 08/06/2021

Thanks for the positive, Gede!

Glad to hear you found your new best friend :)

• Reviewed on 31/05/2021
Morgan D.
PhD Researcher
Civil Engineering, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/02/2021

"Competing in a research design contest with Piktochart"

Comments: I used free version of Piktochart to create a creative research poster. I used a timeline "Design Component" and the "Text Frames", as well as icons and graphics , to communicate my work. It was very easy to use, but sometimes difficult to click and drag the correct features.

Pros: Piktochart is easy to use and has a great library of graphics and images. I especially liked the infographics templates and the very aesthetically appealing "Text Frame" options.

Cons: There were some difficulties with layering and click features in Piktochart. It is difficult to click on overlapping text boxes. I wish it were easier to size the overall image as well.

by Piktochart on 08/02/2021

Hi Morgan! Thank you so much for your honest review and feedback.

If you need any help at all with layering and your textboxes, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]

We'd be happy to assist you!

• Reviewed on 04/02/2021
Minh phong L.
Student
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2020

"THE BEST INFOGRAPHIC SOFTWARE"

Comments: I always used Piktochart to help me create infographics, posters, and flyers for my study and my professor was very impressed asking me which software I had used to support me in doing assignments. I recommended her to use this online software and she was very glad that Piktochart inspired her a lot in preparing outstanding reports to her manager.

Pros: Piktochart is the first infographic software that comes to my mind when I have to make graphic editing for my homework assignment. After signing up for a new account, I can access various graphic design templates such as posters, reports, presentations, and many more. Using this online software, I do not have to be a professional graphic designer. Piktochart offers everyone the opportunity to produce creative products easily and effectively. The software has many awesome and creative features including shapes, icons, and illustrations.

Cons: Piktochart currently continues to be my first choice for making graphic products. Honestly, the software has nothing that makes you want to switch to other products because its features are very user-friendly and everyone can comfortably design their work without too much difficulty or possessing a graphic design background. However, Piktochart only allows you to save a maximum of five visuals created and I usually depend on the software creating a large number of posters for my study. In order to save over five visuals created, I have to upgrade my status to PRO.

by Piktochart on 05/08/2020

Hi Minh Phong! So happy to hear that Piktochart has been valuable to you. All the best as you continue to use Piktochart for your studies!

• Reviewed on 02/08/2020
Zach M.
AVP Philanthropy
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2019

"Piktochart has revolutionized our marketing"

Comments: While we run into formatting issues from time to time we couldn't be more pleased with the quality of product Piktochart produces.

Pros: We are thrilled that Piktochart provides so many modifiable templates for presentations and posters. It allows us to reduce the time in creating individual layouts for different projects.

Cons: Our biggest drawbacks center around photos. It would be nice to be able to upload a photo bigger than 2.0MB. Also, it would be nice if we could make picture frames that fit the page exactly.

by Piktochart on 01/10/2019

Hi Zach! This really made our day in Piktochart! Thank you for your kind words :)

I've passed your feedback to the team. When you say "picture frames that fit the page exactly", are you referring to picture frames that auto-fit to the size of the block? Hope to understand your needs a bit more! Feel free to email me. Thanks!

• Reviewed on 27/09/2019