15 years helping British businesses

United Kingdom Local product

VNC Connect Reviews

4.5 (145) Write a Review! United Kingdom Local product

About VNC Connect

VNC Connect is the secure remote access and support solution, trusted by leading organizations worldwide.

Learn more about VNC Connect

Pros:

It's easy to use for remote help with my business associates anywhere in the world.

Cons:

There is no options just to buy remote access licence permanently which i find anoying.

VNC Connect ratings

4.5
4.2
4.4
4.4

8.3/10

VNC Connect has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 145 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used VNC Connect before?

Rodrigo
Rodrigo
Owner/Developer in Brazil
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Great tool for intranet

Comments: We stopped actively using Real VNC for years, due to cloud limitations, but about 1-2 year ago we started using it again from the Raspberry PI and some Virtual Mac OS services. For use on the intranet it remains as good as ever: you access the remote computer, manipulate data, screens and functions, quick and easy, which makes it unnecessary to have a monitor connected to the development boards. I currently use TeamViewer, but since I found RealVNC's cloud plans I am seriously considering switching to RealVNC cloud for the next renewal, next year.

Pros:

The diversity of VNC servers, the fact that it comes integrated in equipment or operating systems, for example Raspberry PI OS. The fact that you can do many things virtually without spending, or spending zero, depending on what you want to do. The fact that you have a serious business-level tool for when you need it. This brings flexibility in use.

Cons:

In general, VNC is not transparent to the firewall, requiring port release and NAT route configuration. In Real VNC you have the option of a cloud plan, which circumvents this limitation, but it is still a little expensive for a micro company with eventual use.

Graham
Analyst in Canada
Government Administration, 201–500 Employees

VNC Connect - Gets you connected to the people that need connecting!

Comments: Fantastic! from sales, to implementation to support, excellent experience!

Pros:

Easy of use, footprint of program, permission tool to control access. Support is out of this world!

Cons:

Cost has increased considerably over the last few years.

Julian
Julian
Senior System Engineer in Italy
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Neither good or bad. Just superseeded by competitors.

Comments: I didn't use the latest versions as I switched to one of its competitors long time ago, but from time to time I try to see what comes up. Although one thing I definitely miss is the possibility to connect to your workstation ( or other workstations )wherever you are, without the need to customize your firewall or block/unlock some stuff around. This is definitely something this software would need to improve.

Pros:

If you need a software to remotely control your workstation or servers, this fullfil the purpose quite fine. If you use it internally in a corporation and you do not have any firewall rule that blocks you, this works quite immediately.

Cons:

This software lacks the possibility to have an account where you tie all your workstations you want to access. Say you use it in a family and you want to connect to your parents PC, or your brother and sister's one. Well, this makes it complicated as you would need to store this somewhere else. This could be definitely something to be improved.

Michelangelo
Michelangelo
Freelance in Italy
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

It works well but is not suitable for those who are not a PC genius

Comments: A software created on business needs without looking, even by mistake, at the UI or UX, at the precautions to make this software understandable, as everyone else has done: from Teamviewer to Ultraviewer to Anydesk. Removed this works really well.

Pros:

Once set it is a bomb, it allows you to connect to your PC in a moment and for free from dozens of different devices. In terms of functionality we are talking about a software very similar to the competitor Teamviewer. Really great experience once every detail is set.

Cons:

Are you not a PC genius? This program is evil. It is true that once set it is fine but you must, in fact, first set it. You must first understand that they are two different software, one for the "input" signal and one for "output", that the PC has a password that is not the same as the account and is not that of the PC, that often the software goes into logout and does not work. It is a nightmare objectively. You open it with the fear that it won't work.

Mudssar
Mudssar
Asst.Manager Porecurement in Pakistan
Consumer Electronics, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Remote access for PCs Via VNC

Comments: Remotely access for PCs do save travelling and incoporate work from home, it saves costs as well for travelling and office expenditures.
We set a sperate system to boot a PC via mobile, it was not pre builtin in it.
it is good for IT users to support whereas we also used for our outdoor job peopls aswell from home support to avoid data sharing and other security matters.
Finally it is meeting our expectation with some our additional work.

Pros:

VNC connects other computers to perform a task remotely, they can be connected on lan via a local server and also can be configured on internet using VNC's server, So viewer and service both are seprate. Access between computers can be made with and with out passwors, so its a completely secured to prevent unauthorized access, using OS login crednetials security feature is also optional and secured. File sharing,chatting, key stroke notification sounds good. On viewer multi users can be accessed,moniotered and also can be worked on them accordingly.

Cons:

High internet speed is required for smooothly work, as now a days dual security check is used in most softwares so it is not available in VNC. In viewer devices shoud be saved by MAC or IP to access, which is currently not available in VNC, Configuration for boot over LAN is not available in VNC.

Isael Alexander
Isael Alexander
Network and communications analyst in Dominican Republic
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best tool for any remote connection

Comments: This product helped us to provide remote support to the teams in different branches, as well as making it easier for us to have to move since it allows us full control of the devices, ensuring security while maintaining the connection.

Pros:

What I like the most about this software is how easy it is to use, as well as the security that it offers us once we establish a connection. Another part that I really like about this product is the large number of multiple connections that it allows me to make, ensuring thus a better performance when giving remote support

Cons:

What I liked least about this product is that it doesn't give me the option of a chat window to interact with people, but apart from this I consider it one of the most stable and complete on the market.

Austin
Austin
Software Analyst in Argentina
Pharmaceuticals, 51–200 Employees

VNC Connect, your remote desktop key

Comments: I've solved every remote access to my computer with VNC, having lists of computers that I can one-click enter and solve every issue while still working on my main computer is a bliss. Enjoyed a lot the integration process.

Pros:

I think the most helpful thing about VNC Connect is the simplicity of configuration, having access to a PC in minutes is an insanely good experience.

Cons:

I think the VNC Connect team can improve a lot adding features like Drag & drop support extended, or a tutorial for all the keyboard shortcuts, sometimes you're using them without even knowing and an introduction to that could be really helpful.

Josh
Josh
Owner in US
Design, Self Employed

Great product for working from home during the pandemic!

Comments: I needed to work from home for a while during the pandemic and this was an awesome way to do that!

Pros:

One of the best things is that I can see both screens and work from them just like working at my desk at work. I also love how it will quickly reconnect on startup. I have used this to work remotely and have had no problems. Really no slow downs I can work like I am on the computer.

Cons:

The only pain is that I must leave my work computers on at all times to make sure they will connect. There may be something to remotely turn on my computer but nothing with VNC connect.

Mohamed
telecommunication engineer in Libya
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

VNC remote access

Comments: with VNC no need to carry with you your computer if you want to access for support some one or solving technical issue with your work you just access from another pc or your phone its easy and useful just make sure your server is ON and accessed to internet

Pros:

it can be used from pc or mobile easy to use not complexaccess is fast and better than others

Cons:

there is no version for android TV not supported by OTP

nguessan valery
nguessan valery
Property Seller in Côte d’Ivoire
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

An effective tool for remote control

Comments: I've been using the free version for a long time. I've connected my 2 mobile phones, my office PC and my home PC to it. Once the account has been created, it's very easy to take control of my devices remotely. The connection is secure and the features are very useful. On top of that, I have full access to my computer, seamlessly. It's a very useful tool

Pros:

It's a tool that's fairly easy to use and has lots of interesting features. I've been using the free version for a long time, which allows me to connect 5 devices. Even though it has fewer options than the paid version, it's more than enough for home use. What I like most about it is that it's available on all devices, Mac computers, Windows, Android or iPhone mobiles, and so on. Control is simple and secure. The display of the remote device is fluid and fast and you have total control. I also like the fact that you can chat and transfer files. It's a powerful tool for remote control

Cons:

If you don't have an account, you will be redirected to the Realvnc platform to create one. We should think about allowing you to create an account directly from the app

Christopher
Application Analyst in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Real time troubleshooting gets real results

Comments: VNC Connect has helped us overcome the hurdles we've encountered as more and more people have been remoting from home, more or less blowing up the consistency we strove so hard to achieve within the office with standardized equipment that were all maintained with our one easy-to-deploy image. With VNC, we've been able to better assist with the wide variety of devices people are connecting with from home and have re-achieved some semblance of consistency for our all our users. In addition, our end users have been incredibly greatfull for all the real time assistance we're able to provide.

Pros:

I like the ability to join any device, not just a sessions since our agency uses a virtualized desktop resource and many of the problems people report are coming the configuration on the device and not from within their virutalized session.

Cons:

Connecting to an end user that is less than tech-savvy can be a bit difficult, especially when they aren't in their expected OS environment. I'm not sure if that's really a fair critique to levy at the program because as soon as you've got the person's IP connecting is totally simple, but it's the only thing I could consider a "con"

Furniture, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Remote Access Made "Extra Simple"

Comments: I Use it every day, i can remote access every machine on shop floor/production for technical support very easily. My advice is, just try it, you will be surprised with all it can offer.

Pros:

This is a perfect powerful tool for instantly remote access, in the company i work we use a lot of Thin Clients in shop floor and the most easy way to remote control them is using VNC. Every time that some colleague calls for support I just need a few clicks and Voilá. Other than this, it is cross platform, so if you have linux machines, windows machines, raspberry pi, mac OS with VNC you got it covered.

Cons:

There is pretty much nothing to say about VNC cons, it is extra light, extra easy to use, simple to set up, i got nothing bad to say about it.

Zandre
Tier 2 Network Support Engineer in South Africa
Telecommunications, 51–200 Employees

VNC Remote Access

Comments: At my company we use VNC to remotely connect to a server which runs our monitoring in our network operations center. Easy and quick to use and very important with regards to active NMS tracking.

Pros:

VNC is generally quick when launching and remote connectivity is set up nearly immediately after launching the app. Pending on your current local and remote internet connection.

Cons:

When connecting to a remote server and you have multiple monitors/screens connecting to it, scaling and sizing can be sometime difficult. Especially when multiple Chrome browsers need to be used.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201–500 Employees

Great tool to remote desktop computers.

Comments: I use VNC connect to access Raspberry pi computers in my IoT devices. Very easy, It only requires an active internet connection. When the computer starts, if the internet is available server automatically connects otherwise waits for an active connection. We can manage our devices from our profile. We can assign acces rights to other users too. Support cross platforms.

Pros:

It just needs an active internet connection to remote desktop the device. Just need to run the server on the device that needs to control. If the device should be accessed over internet user have to log in to their own profile. Otherwise, under the same network, direct access to the IP is provided. From the profile, we can share our devices with others with limited access to the devices. With free accout, we can manage only a limited number of devices.

Cons:

Problems can occur when trying to connect using a local server, But referring documentation and discussion forums can solve the problem. If disconnects auto connects to the network. Overall easy to use.

Sergio R
Sergio R
CEO in Brazil
Online Media, Self Employed

Nice to have

Comments: Remote Technical support

Pros:

Multiple screen sharing feature works fine.

Cons:

Remote desktop sharing is slow and freezes sometimes.

Akshika
Akshika
iOS Developer in India
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Remote connections that are easy, competent, and quick have simplified an excellent experience

Pros:

We were amazed, coming from rival software, at how fast we were able to set up both admin accounts and permissions, as well as the server software on host computers. If you've never used a remote access tool before, this one is simple to set up and learn the components and communications of remote access. It also serves as a smart card authentication. It also works with both Apple iOS and Android.

Cons:

The only thing I'd want to add is that if we don't operate it via mobile, it's OK; at the very least, provide one application to mobile so that we can monitor the machine if someone is working on it. Any direct access option introduces whatever is on your distant computer into the environment, posing the danger of cross-contamination. I'd like to be able to change monitor displays with a single key push.

Ben
Creative Director in UK
Design, Self Employed

Great Software for instant access

Pros:

I'm able to access and control the device I want when I need to from any device anywhere at any time.

Cons:

I don't have anything negative to say just yet

Fernando Ulises
IT enginner in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

daily used to conect with a Pc located on different area on my work for a simple detail avoid time .

Comments: to help o real time to a users, also avoid to walk to the station and the program can be used with 1 o more windows at same time ..

Pros:

its easy to set up, and the history of made conections appear listed below making more easy work with it ..

Cons:

i dont have some bad found on it yet, i think is a perfect tool on local areas network to make some help to an user ..

Brenten
Project Manager in US
Industrial Automation, Self Employed

Dependable and Powerful

Pros:

I have used this software for 5 plus years to remote into windows based manufacturing equipment to help resolve issues. It has always worked and never left has left me needing more.

Cons:

The software can be somewhat expensive for a small company requiring enterprise features

Tammy
IT in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Just What I Needed!

Comments: I am able to share billing info and control a desktop to print even if the user is not at their computer. It saves so much time!

Pros:

I can access any computer in my network as needed, for files etc.

Cons:

Password protection sometimes slows me down a bit trying to remember.

Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Real VNC is a rock solid VNC tool

Pros:

Real VNC is easy to setup and configure for doing secure VNC connections. This program is updated often so you know it is staying secure.

Cons:

I don't really have any complaints about this program. It works as intended.

Anil
Marketing Executive in Türkiye
Marketing & Advertising, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Remote Control with VNC Connect

Comments: I used VNC Connect over 6 months and I satisfied while I was using. If they optimize and develop the tool, it might be better for the users.

Pros:

VNC Connect helps you connect computers, share your screen or file transferring. It is easy to use the tool but there are thing that should be developed.

Cons:

VNC Connect has important features but they should develop the tool about more features.

weston
Ceo in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Works

Comments: It makes it easy to check in on employees to make sure they are working

Pros:

It’s easy to dial in on computer ips on your network

Cons:

You have to know the ip of a computer in order to login other then a computer name on a network

Matthew
Support and Operations in UK
Government Administration, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easy remote desktop support software

Comments: Overall it's simple and does the job. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for simple remote connection to their network.

Pros:

VNC is very simple and yet very effective. It feels very streamline and functions exactly as you want remote software to function. The ability to save sessions is also a nice feature and it works well across our network.

Cons:

Though it's excellent in most ways and incredibly simple to use, this an mean it lacks any other features that might be have been nice. Though extra features are not required really.

Food & Beverages, 501–1,000 Employees

Great and easy connections!

Pros:

This software works great, we use it daily and monitor or pack lines with it and are able to ensure production is running smoothly

Cons:

There are times when the screen gets zoomed in or too out during connection that is mostly done in part of the screen size resolution.