• Overall

About OptiSigns

$10/mo. Turn any TV into a digital sign. Manage remotely. Supports images, videos, playlists, Google Slides, Weather, Instagram, etc.

Learn more about OptiSigns

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used OptiSigns before?

Cameron W.
Cameron W.
Digital Marketing Specialist in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees

Inexpensive Option; easy to use.

5 2 years ago

Comments: We are using OptiSigns for internal signage and announcements within our 70 person office staff. This will hopefully allow us to better display company achievements and news.

Pros:

This software does exactly what I would hope it'd do.

Cons:

It is a very functional software on PC's, however, I do wish there was better ROKU support. This would eliminate the need for an additional PC and a lot less work would be necessary.

Alternatives Considered: NoviSign

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns: too expensive!

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns: Price point was the ultimate determining factor.

John L.
OWNER in US
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees

Hometown Pub and Grub

5 6 days ago New

Comments: So far, my experience has been great with the system and customer service.

Pros:

What I like the most is the ease to set up a playlist with my own photos. The templets they have are very professional looking and easy to change the wordage and pricing. The downloading of the software was very simple, it took me about 20 minutes to set up 2 tv's

Cons:

Learning to work with the dashboard could be a little bit better, but I'm sure in time I will have it down.

Edward S.
Marketing Director in Canada
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1,000 Employees

Easy Setup

3 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Reasonable. I received what was expected.

Pros:

We were considering options for self-driven publishing and found OptiSign to have the right mix of affordability and flexibility.

Cons:

I would welcome the ability to "lock" certain fields from editing in order to ensure brand consistency without dedicated marketing personnel on the Admin side.

Alternatives Considered: XOGO Decision Signage

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns: Usability

Derek G.
IT Specialist in US
Business Supplies & Equipment, 51-200 Employees

Simple & Cost Effective - A Disruptor

5 4 months ago

Comments: We found OptiSigns after we found initial software we planned to roll out was missing a critical feature. We had already evaluated a few other signage solutions but stumbled on Opti and decided to try it. I was left impressed with the simplicity, features, and competitive pricing compared to the other solutions we tested. Also it works with Fire TV's and android TVs so you are not forced to purchase additional equipment if you have a compatible TV already.

Pros:

Really enjoy this digital signage solution so far. Competitively priced compared to peers and does not lack in features. Was super simple to set up and start creating screens and playlists. We plan to roll this out among our locations after finishing the testing period.

Cons:

If there's too many elements on one screen, the screen can lag a bit. I'm sure this also depends on device being used. This was not a big concern as it took a lot of elements on a single slide before it became sluggish.

Alternatives Considered: Mango Signs, ScreenCloud, TelemetryTV and Yodeck

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns: Important feature was found to be missing (was slated to be implemented but had not been yet).

Switched From: Yodeck

Francis D.
designer in Canada
Broadcast Media, 2-10 Employees

This is my point of view....after testing many others solutions

5 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Easy depoyment easy of use. Big versatility with template and alot of them available that help to be up and running fast.

Cons:

Only thing i think it's a cons is not about the software but more about the Roku Company that not make sure we could use all the option available from Opt-Signs like app, facebook or other like weather. They dont simply not work on the built in channel but only from external player. But for the Trial before to subscribe i was really happy about the fact the system was running the same minute that we registrer the screen.

Alternatives Considered: Yodeck

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns: They were built in the Roku Channel...so it was easy to make the switch as long we could have internet connection to the screen.

Switched From: Mango Signs

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns: Because it was like i said built in the set of (5) TVs we buy and implement at low cost at the store.

Ibrahim A.
CEO in Norway
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Definitely the best option for Digital Signage

5 last month New

Comments: less administration and more functionality

Pros:

has looked into a variety of Digital Signage options. And OptiSigns is without a doubt the greatest I've come across thus far. They have a lot of modules and features. It's simple to use, and they provide a lot of templates that you may use or customize.

Cons:

- I wish it have data stored in Europe country. In terms of data retention and GDPR - Don't support Sharepoint connector yet.

Alternatives Considered: Yodeck

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns: They don't offer any modules or got enough functionality to Digital Signage usage

Switched From: piSignage

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns: price, more modules and very good asset editor

Chris W.
Computer Hardware, 11-50 Employees

So far so good

5 last month New

Comments: having numbers and schedules easily displayed on a tv screen, saving paper and time.

Pros:

Pricing. right on point where these services should be. Ease of use with the admin panel.

Cons:

No zoom in feature with using the website app.

Alternatives Considered: ScreenCloud and NoviSign

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns: Raised the price to an amount that is well beyond its work. Removed the free features for those who refuse to pay their crazy amount. Constant app crashes

Switched From: TelemetryTV

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns: value, features.

Ross K.
IT Manager in US
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees

Best option out there

5 2 months ago New

Comments: I'm absolutely LOVING OptiSigns!

Pros:

When you add slides to the slideshow, they appear without any issue. You can use images, music, videos, and even PowerPoint presentations. Create something in PowerPoint and use that exact file without having to change or recreate anything.

Cons:

I think the dashboard/playlist layout could be a bit more intuitive but it didn't take me long at all to figure it out.

Alternatives Considered: Rise Vision

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns: I can use my existing setup instead of having to purchase a specific piece of equipment to make it work and I don't have to add my credit card for the free trial. Also, the editor is top-notch!

Ryan R.
Ryan R.
Wizard in US

Easy, Simple, and Clean.

4 2 months ago New

Comments: We were looking for signage for the office foyer and break room. In one day we had them both up including installing the tvs.

Pros:

The ease of setting up a playlist and pushing it out. Each tv is able to have its own tv.

Cons:

Roku app is not supported. The app is available and works but crashes all the time. We loaded Firestick and it worked like a champ.

Caspar V.
IT Admin in Netherlands
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees

Great hospitality upgrade in our restaurant!

5 11 months ago

Comments: Our goal was to do an upgrade from our regular TV and USB stick setup, which was a pain to manage and therefore very static. We have started a 30-day trial, which is great because of a lack of pressure. Spare time is very limited in the restaurant business. So this gave us plenty of time to evaluate and test out its features. Not requiring a credit card is also nice. Furthermore, the restaurant business is always clamoured for budget. Especially in these Covid-times. Giving us the opportunity to go forward with cheap hardware and software investments (most of the parts were already in place) and delivering a works-just-fine experience is a pleasant surprise. Going forward gave us (all of the personnel) great ideas to pursue with our new found digital signage solution.

Pros:

Most prominent features for us are the smooth integrations with the Socials. Instagram and Facebook (business) feeds were a breeze to setup. As well as our Google and FB reviews. This is just great to see for our customers (feedback) as well as our personnel (pride of work). Note: Some other offerings failed totally at or did not support this at all. Any media type (pictures and video) we have thrown at it so far works just right out of the box. Whether in landscape or portrait mode. And being able to fling together a picture with captions, icons and stickers at a moment’s notice is great! The flow from recording on your phone to showing on screen takes 15 minutes. It just works stable and like a charm on our 'low-end' hardware, like our Mi TV Sticks (Android TV). Haven't seen any crashes yet. And rest assured that the app will recover and update itself in case of any issues. Very good set-and-forget setup.

Cons:

Having just trialed OptiSigns for a couple of weeks now we have not come across any issues of mention yet. Surely it may lack some super detailed or niche feature sets, customization options or device management others may offer, but the pricing per screen completely makes up for that. The management system may be a bit overwhelming for our employees to self-manage. So management of assets may remain with me, the IT admin, such is life. Although this may be overcome with giving them e.g. access to a Google Slides presentation and incorporate that. And of course, the social and other feeds update themselves automatically. If OptiSigns ever would offer an easy fool-proof phone/tablet-to-screen (iOS and Android) content-creation phone app to manage assets this would be a killer solution!

Alternatives Considered: Look, ScreenCloud and TelemetryTV

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns: The price-performance comparison is favorable for OptiSigns. It did everything we required and more at a reasonable price per screen. It just works great on low-end hardware. Which is fantastic if your organisation is working on a tight budget. Going from static images to using social feeds and videos is already a huge step forward for us. Having other options available to us in the future (better hardware and further apps to explore) only adds to our excitement to build on this.

John L.
Executive Director in US
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees

Excellent Solution

5 2 years ago

Comments: We have implented OptiSigns to power about 30 digital displays in our multi-disciplinary performing arts venue which is visited by approximately 150,000 guests annually. These displays are used for wayfinding, concessions/bar menus, box office signage, marketing assets, and even projection. Our team of staff has been thrilled with OptiSigns and its ease of use vs. our previous system. In particular, the Notice Board app is incredibly useful for quick and professional deployment of content including messages like "OPAC welcomes Mr. John Doe" for day time meetings with donors. Our previous software for digital signage had only the most basic of notice board functionality.

Pros:

OptiSigns is HALF the cost of our previous software per screen/per month. As a non-profit, we work hard to use cost-effective solutions. The feature set of OptiSigns is far greater than our previous system and after reviewing our options, it appears much more powerful than other solutions. The deployment using Amazon Fire Sticks is absurdly easy. The affordability and availability of Fire Sticks also makes it super quick and easy to add additional screens. OptiSigns does not charge for additional users. This is super helpful for a non-profit as we can empower our part-time staff to update our digital signage as needed. Other software options can charge up to $15 per user per month in addition to the per screen charge! The folder management tool is awesome! It is very easy for each one of our departments to organize assets and keep things clean.

Cons:

This is really more of a wishlist rather than cons Presets - We would love the ability to have mass presets that could be deployed quickly. For example, a preset would deploy different "Post-show" content to all screens for display as audiences leave. Likewise, "intermission" specific content could be deployed to different screens. Chromebox - I would like to see better integration for Chromebox devices in kiosk mode.

Chris W.
Technical Director in US
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees

Amazing Customer Service

5 6 months ago

Comments: After researching and comparing several services, we reached out to our top three based on price and functionality. OptiSigns was the most reasonably priced and had the most pleasant and knowledgeable customer service representatives. During our trial, we tested several pieces of equipment. They were always responsive and positive with all the different configurations we tried. With the other companies we researched, we were immediately bombarded with sales pitches. As a non-profit, we are on a tight budget. The Optisigns app with the three zones feature does everything we needed it to do and more. Our displays look amazing. It's so nice to have something other than just a slide-show. We're able to incorporate slide-shows, critical information, and a weather-scroll. We love it!

Pros:

The software can be used via FireStick App, Web-based, or computer app-based. The price for our application was also a great reason. The top-shelf customer service was what made us stick with them through our trial and ultimately pay for the service. Also, during the trial, we were able to take advantage of the full software features.

Cons:

The software is great but there is a slight learning curve to know the lingo and assigning what needs to go where. After that, it's smooth sailing.

OptiSigns Inc. Response

5 months ago

Hi Chris, Thanks so much for your review. Great to hear that you're enjoying it. We appreciate the feedback on the Customer Service. If you ever need any support, just send an email to [email protected] Paul L

Julie H.
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees

Look no further

5 last year

Comments: Love the product thus far

Pros:

I have TouchBistro and their digital menu did not work at all. I have searched and searched tried multiple trials and this was by far user user friendly and easy to use even if you are not tech savvy. I can add my continuous updates to the menu as we have to keep adjusting due to food costs and the shortages. It loads in seconds beautifully. I even mark out what items we sell out of. Don’t waste your time looking around!

Cons:

The symbols are a little lacking and could not change the color on the ones I wanted to use from the template. Also I could not find the font though it was used in the template. I hope as I learn how to upload and edit I think it won’t matter. I also wish I could set the font size with a number not a slider bar it’s to hard to get it exact but I managed to make it close.

Alternatives Considered: Kitcast

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns: The digital menu only allows five categories and limited items in those categories. They told me their system was more for a food truck. So then why do you sell me a $20 a month product that doesn’t work for a restaurant when your system is for restaurants.

Switched From: TouchBistro

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns: Price and ease of use

Michael L.
HOA Board Member in Mexico
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

Las Gaviotas, Puerto Penasco Mexico - Using OptiSigns

5 8 months ago

Comments: Here at Las Gaviotas we are able to touch many business uses. Displaying Rules, check in procedures, Instructions for each shift of guards that come on duty. I am literally checking each Application and finding how I can make use of it in our organization. i will come back and write a more detailed review in a couple months as we have started out with 4 Screens and I see this growing Wildly. We are a 46 Unit Condominium complex right on the Sea of Cortez. We have all of our Condo connected with Fiber Internet. I can imagine Every condo with a Smart Screen that is used to display important information. Now, as I build that out I will be pestering OptiSigns for a Condo Owner Subscription price :) as when you can communicate with your Owners and Guests, you can enhance their Experience and Safety.

Pros:

1st we are a non profit and we are using OptiSigns and the many Applications for displays around our facility. We have Guard Shacks where OptiSigns allows us to display many things on a single Monitor. We have or main office where renters check in and Owners go to check on Services. We are able to display many different Applications/Web pages in one place, in a Playlist and Scheduled. We are new and each Application in the inventory has a number of capabilities. Lots of learning going on and I must complement OptiSigns Support for answering every question. They even remote fixed one application that I was struggling with. Once they made the settings changes, I saw exactly what I was not understanding. They have help for each application and even in the short time we have deployed OptiSigns, I have seen new Application be rolled out.

Cons:

I have not found any Cons when it come to OptiSigns, My only difficulty has been to stay focused and plan what i want to do as it is soooo tempting just to connect and get on with things.

Roger B.
Director of IT in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Pleasantly surprised! Features and capabilities for novices, experts and everyone in-between!

5 7 months ago

Comments: So far, great! Scheduling has become my "go to" for digital signage.

Pros:

Scheduling was not even on my radar until I tried OptiSigns. I created a couple of schedules "just playing around" and it opened my eyes to a whole new approach to delivering content. With this tool set, I can set the week in advance and tweak the schedules as changes arise. Very nice!

Cons:

I am still looking for ways to provide a seamless update of the data being displayed for my non-techie users. I have some playlists that need to change multiple times throughout the day, based on situations and circumstances that are outside of our control. I need to make this as simple and easy as possible as I cannot afford for my users to have to spend a ton of time making changes to content. They are not graphic designers and shouldn't have to be.

Alternatives Considered: Xibo, Mango Signs, ScreenHub, Rise Vision, Screenly and info-beamer

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns: That solution required a PC to be connected to be the "sign presenter". The studio to create the displays has a steep learning curve.

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns: Pricing model more agreeable. Product seems friendlier to setup and use. Did not need to purchase additional computers/hardware for all of my monitors. App is able to make the boot process of the signs very simple and seamless.

Bart B.
Bart B.
CEO in US
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees

Great value, especially for the price.

5 7 months ago

Comments: We started using Optisigns as a test un on a new digital display in our dining room. We liked both the price and the ease of use, as well as the quality of the display images so much that we have switched our digital menu displays (3) from our old digital display service to Optisigns.

Pros:

Optisigns is easy to setup and implement. Sharing media and content is made very easy with the management dashboard. The quality of the display image is great and everything works smoothly and seamlessly.

Cons:

The only, and I mean ONLY thing that I find is laking with Optisigns is digital menu application that makes it easy to update prices for menu items. Unfortunately as it is the menu has to be designed in an external application (like Photoshop) and converted to an image file and then uploaded as media. So, to change a price on one (or many) items requires a lot of work, but could be made much easier by using a menu app like one's available in other digital menu systems.

Jeff G.
Optometrist - owner in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

Exceptional Value

5 2 years ago

Comments: We have two screens in our office and want to have a good mix of organic content (that we create) and other content we pull from our social sites, weather feeds and news channels.

Pros:

The whole platform is priced really well for a small business. It was easy to set up the hardware player, I used the Amazon Fire stick they have very good instructions on the OptSigns website as to how to configure it properly. Uploading assets and creating the playlist was also super easy.

Cons:

Nothing that I can think of - the whole UX has been great to date.

Alternatives Considered: ScreenCloud

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns: Screenly was getting more and more expensive and you could not download your assets once they were uploaded to their cloud servers - which was a huge downside because we had over 200 assets that we had created over the years and I could not retrieve them.

Switched From: Screenly

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns: Better pricing structure.

Dimitri F.
Digital Media Manager in US

Extremely easy to use.

5 last year

Comments: So far the overall experience has been great. I will have more on this as I start to add in more screens and different content.

Pros:

The software is very easy to use when setting up playlist. Linking up to screens only takes seconds. I have been testing most of the features on a local chiropractors office screen through his firestick. Only took minutes to set up and push content live onto his screen from my phone. I do most of my content creation on the desktop with Adobe software. Once I upload the custom content from my desktop to the Optisigns cloud. I am able to simply control everything else on my phone when needed. This is nice for when I am remote from the office.

Cons:

The mobile version of the website is sometimes tricky. Works better in vertical mode. When in widescreen mode most of the dashboard is cut off and innaccable even with scrolling. Maybe an app designed specifically for mobile would improve the ease of use via mobile.

Alternatives Considered: Mango

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns: I am experimenting with a few other alternative products. Have not picked a favorite yet although Optisigns has been the most used on currently.

Mark M.
Teacher in Ireland
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 Employees

Great value for money, very easy to use

5 4 months ago

Comments: Our staff now have access to the most up to date information at a glance.

Pros:

I really liked how simple optisigns was to set up. The templates that were provided were easily customisable and the integration of google calendar was the main reason I started to use optisigns.

Cons:

I would like to see more consistency around syncing. Deleting an event on my google calendar does not sync to the optisign app. It will delete once a new event is created on the calendar.

Alternatives Considered: ScreenCloud and Yodeck

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns: Optisigns is much easier to use and integrated better with the systems we already use.

Switched From: Play Digital Signage

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns: Optisigns is a better fit for our organisation and was within our budget.

Logan B.
IT & ERP System Technician in Canada
Food Production, 51-200 Employees

Simple

5 8 months ago

Comments: The interface is simple, clean, and effective. Playlists and schedules are easy to manage. This is a top-notch product for anyone with digital signage needs.

Pros:

OptiSigns has the most simple yet effective interface out of any other digital signage option I've looked at. Everything is easy to manage.

Cons:

The limitations of using a Roku TV were disappointing, although I'm not sure if it's possible to fix. The ability to expand the assets section in Playlists would be helpful, or have a browser.

Alternatives Considered: Yodeck

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns: This was much easier to use, and I was able to use it with a Roku TV. Although the Roku TV doesn't support web apps, this was a great way to test the product.

Switched From: Yodeck

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns: It worked with the Roku TV and was much easier to use. We will need to purchase an Amazon Fire TV Stick to really start utilizing this, however, it is still cheaper and easier to maintain than the Raspberry Pis that most platforms require.

Jessica S.
Development Coordinator in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

BEST VALUE, QUALITY & SUPPORT

5 10 months ago

Comments: OUTSTANDING. Great support, wonderful opportunities to capture more individuals' attention.

Pros:

I have no idea why anyone would use any other digital signage company. Seriously. I got hands on support all the way through before I even PURCHASED. They addressed every question within the same day. The application to create content is FREE-- I don't have to pay for the templates or any features. There's no hardware necessary unlike most other companies out there. If I could rate it ten stars I would. I love love love OptiSigns and I am so glad we chose them over the other companies we were looking at!

Cons:

There is nothing bad I could say about this product, everything has gone so smoothly, from set up to content development.

Alternatives Considered: BroadSign, truDigital Signage and Spectrio

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns: This was so clunky and hardware was expensive to purchase, you had to pay for the software and content development and every so often you have to update the hardware but unplugging it and getting it to a computer-- our tvs are hung about 10ft high, so there's no way I wanted to deal with that!

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns: price. features. support. software/content creation capabilities. ease of use. you name it. I have no idea why anything else still exists.

Jeffrey S.
Managing Member in US
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees

Inexpensive and feature packed Digital Signage, Hooray!

5 last year

Pros:

We've been using this software at our restaurants for the past few years, and compared to other hardware/software solutions, Optisigns has really created a well thought out system to address all of our needs - and we have specific criteria that not many other companies met. For those times we needed help with the set up or maintenance, customer service was always accessible and found solutions to our many questions. Compatibility with other software and SAAS vendors had made a huge impact for us.

Cons:

We are very happy with Optisigns and can't think of anything negative at this point.

Camryn B.
Accounting Manager in US
Civil Engineering, 11-50 Employees

Awesome, especially for displaying Outlook Calendar

5 last year

Comments: The experience has been great so far!

Pros:

We were specifically looking for a solution to display the Outlook calendar for our conference rooms, and OptiSigns was by far the most user-friendly and most capable of the functionality and look we desired.

Cons:

I'm only on my first week of use, so any troubles I've had have all been training related.

Alternatives Considered: ScreenCloud and Mango Signs

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns: For the Outlook Calendar

Switched From: Mango Signs

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns: The ability to create a custom screen with the Outlook calendar, as well as our graphics.

Mark P.
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

My Opinion

4 2 years ago

Comments: Customer support is seriously lacking for a paid service. I was promised a discount with my ongoing commitment with instructions on how to apply for it via email. I followed everything they asked and got NO response and was billed full price. I asked why the discount was not applied and got no response so I canceled the service and then I got a response why I was canceling and what they could do better going forward. I simply replied "honor your agreements" I didn't receive any apologize or any attempt to fix the situation or retain me as a customer. They quite clearly left an impression of "we don't care" whit me. I have since found a better service with another provider.

Pros:

Easy for users that are new to digital signage. Has all the basic elements you might need but lacks for advanced features. If you require prompt customer support for your project, you will not find it here.

Cons:

no online support. very basic, small set of modules that are not customizable. No cancellation option, had to go through web form and email that took several days.

OptiSigns Inc. Response

2 years ago

Hi Mark, Thank you for the feedback. Any customer can cancel service anytime by reducing subscription to Zero. As for discount, we looked at the communication records for your account in our system, we did responded and applied give you refund for the discount within 24h of your request. If you have further concerns please feel free to reach out to us again.

Océane J.
Dirigeante in France
Broadcast Media, Self Employed

A very good display solution

4 2 months ago New

Comments: I have only recently been using this software in the free version, but I have already discovered a list of quite incredible possibilities in terms of advertisement distribution ... some of which have never been seen on any other software to date ...

Pros:

I have used many display software for many years, and by chance I discovered OptiSign which exceeds most of them ... I particularly appreciate the number of applications and the ultra-comprehensive functions. I am inexperienced with this software because I am in a trial period, but I have a great habit of using display software and I must say that I am quite impressed with all these possibilities.

Cons:

I haven't yet discovered any downside, nor have I been able to look at all of them yet, but I haven't seen a single malfunction