Filter by:

• Overall

About eBASE

eBASE provides education institutions, municipalities, and corporations with a robust, easy-to-use facility management software suite.

Learn more about eBASE

Jamie G.
EHS Advisor in Canada

Best Facilities Management Software

5 10 months ago

Comments: I have had the opportunity to use other health and safety management software over my 25+ year career in the health and safety profession and eBase is by far the most customizable and user friendly software on the market. Changes to templates can be made easily in-house, without additional service fees or or long delays. Finally, the customer services team provides direct person-to-person assistance in a timely manner and have been a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend eBase.

Pros:

I use eBase for our health and safety management system. The system has various module including logs, workplace inspections, work orders, document library and a forms module to create customizable forms, such as, hazard/incident reporting and investigation reports. The best part about eBase is that the modules are customizable to suit our needs, and we can make changes to the template on the go, with no need to submit a ticket and wait months for changes. The software allows us to schedule logs, inspections, etc. automatically, and has feature to remind end user of overdue items. Similarly, we customized our incident reporting system to alert the supervisor in real-time when an incident report is submitted. Each module also has a reports components that allow us to create customized reports for tracking, reporting and trends analysis, as well as the option to export to Microsoft Excel. We were easily able to integrate our HRIS system through Active Directory into eBase for employee and supervisor demographics for hazard/incident reporting.

Cons:

As will all software, there are some features that do not work exactly how I want them to or I would like to have. That said, the eBase development team is very open to receive suggestions for continually improving the software, and some of the changes we have requested have been implemented.

Deb N.
Facility Services Secretary in Canada
Facilities Services, 201-500 Employees

TLDSB Facility Services Review

4 10 months ago

Comments: Our overall experience with erase has been exceptional. It is like one stop shopping, everything is at my fingertips.

Pros:

The ease of use is what I like most about the software and that it covers several areas of my position so there is no need to learn multiple software packages.

Cons:

I am currently using several of the modules and there is nothing negative that I can say about the product.

Margaret C.
Rental Clerk/Accounting Clerk 3 - Payroll in Canada

User Friendly - eBase

5 10 months ago

Comments: overall, we have been very please with eBase, however, with COVID 19 protocols, there has not been the bulk bookings that would test this program better. We have only done a very small fraction of our normal bookings, the majority being internal bookings.

Pros:

Easy tracking of accounts receivable, web-based, user friendly for general public.

Cons:

How it prints out every single day on the permit, rather than a range of dates/times.

Marc P.
Manager of Plant Services in Canada

eBASE Review

5 10 months ago

Comments: Excellent service

Pros:

The ease of operating and the additional modules that tie into each other, the capabilities of using active directories and merging outside training to a central location

Cons:

Would like to see a more advance project management module similar to Procore

Hannah J.
Facility Services Systems Control Clerk in Canada

Great for School Boards

4 10 months ago

Pros:

There are so many features on eBase and ways to customize the program to your needs and to your liking. Once you get the hang of the system it is easy and efficient to use.

Cons:

Some of the features are not user friendly for some of our staff who are not great with technology and require further training and instruction.

James M.
Facilities Admin in Canada

My Notes

4 10 months ago

Comments: customer service support has been exceptional

Pros:

Health and Safety Inspections module is very compartmentalized - users find it difficult to manage the flow of data

Cons:

Sometimes lack of customization for our purposes

Karen T.
Plant Admin. in Canada

EbAse review

5 10 months ago

Comments: eBase has been a great addition to our board. We get a lot of benefit from all the modules that we are currently using.

Pros:

The eBase site is very intuitive and easy to navigate. It is user friendly for even the most non-Tech staff members.

Cons:

I sometimes find it a challenge to find the type of report that I want to run.

Ian H.
Director of Operations in Canada

eBASE review

5 10 months ago

Comments: Integrating eBASE into our operation has been incredibly positive and I would highly recommend the software for any organization that generates work orders and operates facilities.

Pros:

The software is easy to use and I appreciate how it has removed paper from our work order process. It improves accountability through the direct assignment and tracking of work orders. It has reduced work order completion times and improved tracking.

Cons:

It can be difficult for tradespeople to use the software on a phone because of the limited screen sizes on most phones. We have adapted by providing iPads to staff.

Laurie A.
Supervisor Community Use Facilities in Canada
Facilities Services, 10,000+ Employees

eBase Community Use

5 10 months ago

Comments: Excellent

Pros:

Numerous features, expandability options, eBase team is always working to customize for better service to permit users and school boards.

Cons:

always room for improvement, eBase team listens and often is able to come up with a suitable solution.

Lena L.
Division Manager of Operations and Health & Safety in Canada

Grand Erie DSB

5 10 months ago

Comments: fantastic product and company , great service

Pros:

ease of record keeping. access records form anywhere. able to do stats

Cons:

so far nothing that I have found is a con for this

Kelly O.
Manager Facilities Rentals Services in Canada
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

Very User Friendly Software

5 10 months ago

Comments: I had used eBase at my previous School Board so when moving to a larger School Board it was a necessary change to bring the rentals department to more modern efficiencies when processing permits, running reports and keeping track of financials. It is extremely user friendly and gives me all the information I need at my fingertips. The permits, statements and invoicing is more user friendly from a client perspective. It is a positive experience for both the School Board staff and the clients.

Pros:

The eBase software is user friendly to use and set up and makes processing permits a lot easier and quicker.

Cons:

Sometimes the needs of a smaller school board or rentals department is not the needs of a larger school board with a larger rentals department so sometimes some customization is required.

Kim P.
Community Use of Schools Supervisor in Canada

ebase CUOS review

5 10 months ago

Comments: have realized better accounts receivables with credit card billing as most users now utilize this method of payment - high adoption rate and convenience the adaptability of custom fields and facility attributes allows us to help guide our users decisions and permit creation becomes easier each year making the Board look good in its delivery of services

Pros:

very intuitive ease of use customer support has been extremely open to developing features we need on ongoing basis - year over year to improve functionality ; the evolution has been tremendous

Cons:

the financial reporting - Users still want capability of paying per permit as opposed to account balance but apparently in a new update this has been rectified

Connie A.
Custodial Assistant in Canada
Facilities Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great customer service & easy to use

5 10 months ago

Comments: I have used multiple modules of eBase and find all of them easy to use and I know if I have questions or concerns I questions will be answered asap.
The reports are easy to run and there are a variety pf levels and sort options to suit my needs. If I can't find what I'm looking for eBase will assist me to get the results I require.

Pros:

eBase replies within 24 hours of any email or phone message Inquiry It is very user friendly for myself and my staff

Cons:

I can't think of any? I have only used eBase in my past and current position and see no need for anything else?

Peter H.
Manager of Maintenance in Canada

LDCSB Review of Ebase

5 10 months ago

Comments: Excellent customer service and overall system.

Pros:

User friendly, the software encompasses all facets required for a large organization at a reasonable cost. We have expanded the program with a H&S component and form logic which our HR dept now administer.

Cons:

Sometimes it takes a bit long for customizations, but in the end we always receive what we asked for.

Nigel D.
Manager of Facilities Services in Canada
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

An excellent tool which keeps getting better

4 10 months ago

Comments: Great organization to deal with, quick response, and excellent customer support.

Pros:

Flexible design allowing for customized functionality and support of the organization's business processes. Great and unique features such as flags and communication workflows through work order lifecycle. Development of new features and investment into the tool is consistent, only making the software stronger and continuously improving the user experience. Webtool which doesn't require investment and maintenance of local servers.

Cons:

Planning and scheduling tools could be stronger.

Mark J.
System Support Specialist in Canada

eBase

5 10 months ago

Comments: The speed that we can react to a potential user problem.

Pros:

The ease of use and the integration into our system

Cons:

Not much. It sometimes takes a bit to figure out where you are or should be in making changes to User accounts.

Lori M.
Community Use of Schools Liaison in Canada

Community USe Module

5 10 months ago

Comments: Clients can easily book requests, and I see them in a time sensitive way. (immediate)

Pros:

Ease of use, eBASE support, dependability and time sensitive accuracy.

Cons:

Accounting can sometimes be a challenge, when manual changes are required.

Shane H.
Assistant Manager, H&S in Canada

eBase Review

4 10 months ago

Comments: Overall I am very satisfied with the eBase system.

Pros:

Easy to access data quickly, for trends, how it ties in with our work order system.

Cons:

Which there were more available programs like confined space entry, that ties in to our work order system.

Chantal V.
Administrative Assistant in Canada
Facilities Services, 501-1,000 Employees

Community Use of Schools

3 10 months ago

Pros:

Easy to use for myself and the public users for Community Use of Schools module.

Cons:

Specific reports are hard to locate. It would be great if there was an option to enter in the specific information required and generate a report.

Donna S.
HR Coordinator - Occupational Health and Safety in Canada
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees

HR Coordinator - Occupational Health and Safety

4 10 months ago

Comments: My personal experience with eBASE is a very positive one. The software allows me easy access to our facilities history on site inspections and work orders. The company support technicians are absolutely awesome and I have had very good response time when asking questions or trying to resolve a minor problem. I am very comfortable working with the product and I have found it to be very reliable.

Pros:

The software works well for us as it links our safety inspections to our work order system which is very valuable. I like that it has the ability to be customized in areas to suit a client. I also like the ability to upload forms, photos, input comments and it tracks history in a very obvious and easy to find way.

Cons:

The thing I like the least about the software is the struggle users have when they are not familiar with computer systems. The most frequent complaint is the user does not find it intuitive. It would be good if the system had more short cuts. I also find limitations on the types of reports the system can generate.

Jeff D.
Manager, Maintenance & Operations in Canada
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

eBase Ridley Maintenance review

5 10 months ago

Comments: Our experience with eBase is very positive. We rely heavily on the software to be available on a daily basis to direct and assist with the custodial, maintenance and capital work needs on campus.

Pros:

The software is easy on the eye. The web page never looks cluttered or busy. The information is presented in a format that flows logically.

Cons:

Could use more tutorials for configuration steps to creating assets, schedules and inspections.

Mark K.
facility manager in Canada
Facilities Services, 201-500 Employees

Well worth the investment

5 10 months ago

Comments: We use them for daily site logs, health and safety inspections and equipment maintenance with the work order system.

Pros:

Ebase has been a great product to use and grow with our school Board, We have slowly added components on as required and increased our users from office staff to on site staff as well as custodial staff. Customer support has been exceptional with responses and questions and have been able to tailor to our needs. Very user friendly.

Cons:

The only con was getting our 500 staff trained on this program as we switched from a completely different type of program for our work order system. Ebase helped with multiple training sessions as needed and willing to set up virtual sessions to be able involve all parties.

Lynda L.
Rental clerk in Canada
Facilities Services, 501-1,000 Employees

My experience with the Ebase system

5 10 months ago

Comments: Ebase company is very helpful. They have been able to assist me quickly with any issues I may encounter and there have not been many. It is mostly from the accounting side and they do advise on what I am able to accomplish on my end. Very friendly company who listened to what your company needs and is able to address and produce what we are looking for. We have expanded use from our rental department to our maintenance and operations departments with positive results.

Pros:

Easy to use. Able to help reduce time in processing permits, keeping renter information up to date, and producing reports. Also have received feedback from renters saying they like the ease in which they can request a booking.

Cons:

When booking monthly I still cannot get the proper dates to come up for each month. EG. 2nd Tuesday of the month. I have to manually change for each month.

Carolee M.
Facilities Systems Supervisor in Canada

Helpful Tips

5 10 months ago

Comments: Water flushing reporting - fully meets MOE expectations.

Pros:

Modules are very easy to use for new users. The layers of Config are easy to understand. CSR provide excellent, timely service with very detailed explanations.

Cons:

- I think biweekly log with work order schedule, doesn't have option to match, therefore creating a manual log is the only option - More filtering with logs module, would be helpful

Hugh C.
Facilities Administrator in Canada
Facilities Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Solutions you need, when you need them...

4 10 months ago

Comments: Great product and great people.

Pros:

Starting over 10 years ago, eBase was our organization's first Facilities Management Software implementation. eBase provided the custom functionality we needed as we developed and brought out facilities organization into the future. As an organization that operates and maintains a significant number of assets with limited resources, the solutions provided by eBase met our needs without being overwhelming. We are still in control of how we want to operate and eBase is able to configure the software to function the way we need it. The implementation and support team at eBase is very easy to work with and helps us learn from other customers' successes as we make continuous improvements and expand on what the product has to offer.

Cons:

Currently, I have no outstanding issues that eBase has not addressed.