• Overall
    4.8 /5

About Nifty

Nifty is a new-wave project management tool that reduces project cycles and improves team productivity with all-in-one collaboration.

Learn more about Nifty

Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2020

"Better than most out of the gate"

Pros: This is the easiest-on-the-eyes, most intuitive PM platform we've tried or used (especially compared to Asana and Notion). Document storage, creation, and management is a breeze. Uploading large numbers of files is lightning fast, and document navigation is super easy. Task management has deep capacity. Onboarding has been a snap compared to other platforms. Devs have built in heavy emphasis on real-time communication and collaboration. Support is super responsive. They have a very active development schedule. Nifty will replace Asana, Slack, and Dropbox Paper for us.

Cons: There is no native print function anywhere. All uploaded files and files created in Nifty have to be downloaded in order to print. This presents companies with an added security issue. In the Files section, pdfs are uploaded as images, so even if you download to print, you just have a png. The Share function for Files only shares to people on your team or onboarded guests. All kinds of system notifications show up in the Discussion streams and there's no way to delete them. The functionality of the Discussions widget is less than the functionality when you click through and expand the Discussions to a full window. So, for instance, you cannot pin a discussion from the widget. This is the least intuitive thing about the app.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2020
Kianja J.
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2020

"An Amazing Space To Collaborate With Your Team"

Comments: This is an amazing piece of software. I not only use this for my business, but also to manage school work for my children as we have to conduct school from home during the pandemic.

Pros: I found the Gantt project management style really helpful and intuitive. I love the fact that I can assign tasks to team members, have chats in real time and can conduct video calls via zoom within the software. Kaban view is extremely helpful as we move through projects.

Cons: I would love to use this as an all in one client portal for my accounting business, but this software doesn't have invoicing capabilities.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2020
Jc V.
founder
  • Reviewed on 04/03/2021

"Best project management app I've used to date"

Comments: Exceptional customer service & customer experience

Pros: Very easy to use and amazing UI. Impressed with the software right out of the box and it just keeps getting better the more I use it. Customer for life.

Cons: Didn't find this sooner and was using other products like Trello/Basecamp/Keepsolid Goals

• Reviewed on 04/03/2021
Christopher J.
Product Development Manager & Integrations Specialist
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2020

"The Best SAAS Tool You've Never Used"

Comments: We are a software development startup that overlaps slightly with an existing successful business. It's been very difficult for us to coordinate projects and communication across the team, and as we bring on new team members, this was becoming more of an issue. Nifty has allowed us to organize our projects/tasks/communications, while providing an approachable interface for even new users. It's awesome. My days are literally better because of Nifty.

Pros: Everything. It's the best UI/UX I've ever seen. Using the tool is super intuitive, and then you find there are even more powerful functions just underneath the surface. Makes it both approachable, easily adoptable, while at the same time being able to scale to meet the new challenges/complexities of your business as it grows. This is the absolute best tool you have never used. Yes it's the best project management tool, but in terms of app design, feature set, quality, interface, customer support and beyond, Nifty is also the best SAAS tool that exists in any niche.

Cons: There is literally nothing I dislike. I found one problem, where I was unable to paste content with bullet points into a Nifty Doc. I reported it, and they already had it as an upcoming fix for their next update. Less than 48 hours later it was fixed. Not only was it fixed, but their support team followed up with me to let me know. Just first class in every single way.

• Reviewed on 06/10/2020
Sherilyn C.
Editor
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2019

"Highly recommended for home-based businesses!"

Comments: Home business owners should consider Nifty for their project management operations.

Pros: It is easy to use and makes communication smoother among team members.

Cons: I found nothing to be unsatisfactory about the software.

• Reviewed on 30/10/2019
Jay M.
  • Reviewed on 13/05/2021

"Outstanding UI but steep learning curve."

Pros: This is a really pretty software. It just looks so cool that you want to be in it all the time. It's the most beautiful online tool I've used and sets the standard.

Cons: I've taken project management classes in college. But implementing this tool was a little much for me. There's a lot to take in, and that's really great for most people I guess, but for simplicity and speed of implementation, it suffered for me in that area.

• Reviewed on 13/05/2021
COO
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2019

"Great Program!"

Pros: Easy to use, very user friendly for my people who are bad at computers.

Cons: I loved this software and love how they are really on top of what it needs to do.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2019
Mobile Developer
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2019

"Good Software"

Pros: Easy to use, pleasant user experience. It can be used immediately.

Cons: I would like to have a desktop app for it

by Nifty Technologies on 25/02/2019

Hi there,

Thank you for being a Nifty customer, we appreciate your excellent feedback. Just to clarify, our desktop apps are available for both the Mac & Windows OS and can be downloaded here: https://niftypm.com/apps

Sincerely,
Team Nifty

• Reviewed on 08/02/2019
Jodi L.
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2020

"Really Easy to Use, Great Structure and Organization"

Comments: I have found it imported great from Trello. It is really easy to keep organized and to manage tasks with dependencies.

Pros: Easy to use, great organization abilities, easy to manage several brands

Cons: I would like more templates that is the only con I have found so far.

• Reviewed on 25/06/2020
Nuno P.
Founder CEO
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Perfect for client comunication"

Pros: Every new client, after payment and contract will automatically get the login details (with Zapier integration) and an email to ask them to download the app. Nifty is the main comunication channel for clients, practical to use, fast, simple. Besides , we can also share docs and manage projects with team.

Cons: I would like to see more colour customization

• Reviewed on 24/06/2020
David C.
Freelance Web Developer
Information Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2020

"Best PM software i've found"

Comments: I've been trialling various different PM systems for quite a while now and none of them have done everything I need in a simple way....until now!
Nifty is a pleasure to use, not overcomplicated by features that I wouldn't use.

Pros: NiftyPM is very easy to use, even if you're not familiar with Project Management software. It's interface is very intuitive and a pleasure to use

Cons: I've not yet found anything to dislike about the software - There are a few features that I would like to see added though such as CName integration for white labelling.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2020
Anton C.
Intern
Animation, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2019

"Used on trial, trying to convince my boss to get it for the buisness."

Comments: Nifty has been a great tool amongst many others my boss has tried to implement to improve productivity.

Pros: With the roadmap covering the overall progress of the tasks and collaborations, it's easy to keep track of a project as a whole. it works well without being too excessive on features. The interface is wonderful and elegant and ultimately for how useful it is, it's well priced.

Cons: The ability to draft a task for review by customers would be greatly appreciated.

• Reviewed on 05/03/2019
Christina M.
Business Analyst
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/06/2021

"The name is very appropriate"

Pros: I like that I can use it both on my computer and my phone . You can follow different projects at the same time and also the progress of different individuals . The ability to send files to other people in real-time is also very useful .

Cons: You can't edit time logs . The interface is fairly unintuitive and makes maneuvering Nifty complicated at the beginning .

• Reviewed on 05/06/2021
Bailey P.
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2021

"A project management suite that has everything we need"

Comments: Nifty has been our core project and task management system for a while, and is super helpful for inviting other team members and customers to collaborate.

Pros: Nifty does everything we'd want it to, with excellent features for task and project management. Nifty is great at organising everything into projects and timeframes.

Cons: There are some features that are not available in Nifty that are available in competing products, however Nifty do release regular updates.

• Reviewed on 25/02/2021
Micah F.
Front End Engineer
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2019

"Best PM tool I've used yet"

Comments: Overall I am incredibly happy. Can't wait for them to explode.

Pros: I liked the ease of you, the gant charts made everything super helpful to plan. It works - which although all PM tools are supposed to, this one I felt made things clear and organized enough that our team used it and benefited from it.

Cons: I just wish it was more ubiquitous, had more integrations, and that I had it years ago!!! Early product but it's going to be great!

• Reviewed on 15/08/2019
Phil W.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2020

"Finally, an easy productivity tool!"

Comments: I have moved from using Meistertask, notes, to-do-list, etc to just nifty. It's really convenient!

Pros: The user experience was by far the best thing about Nifty. I was able to set up really quickly and start mapping out all the tasks that needed to be done.

Cons: There isn't really much I don't like about Nifty. They did release a new app though which I have been using, they are always updating so that is annoying, but in reality its a good thing.

Gerard B.
Production Director
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2020

"Finally I decided to move from monthly payment Asana to Nifty"

Comments: Getting complete solutions for pm is a complex waiting game but not anymore. This has almost the all in one solutions to manage teams and projects

Pros: So I use Asana for more than 1 year until last week i try Nifty, check all the features and decided to stop my monthly subscription and move to Nifty. I have small team, 1 code is enough for me but, think of my big plan in the future, i will get more extra codes. Good luck for you guys,
and please keep update the future :)
Stay Safe!

Cons: mobile app needs some improvement but I mainly use it on desktop anyway

• Reviewed on 27/06/2020
Belen C.
Program Manager
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2020

"The tool that helped manage 11 projects at the time"

Comments: We're a design studio working with startups and corporates to improve their user experiences and visual interfaces, as well as service design. We manage several projects per month and Nifty helped me as the unique Program Manager at the studio, to manage all the projects we have, being very accurate with their milestones, tasks and deadlines.

Pros: I love the milestones + tasks features, it gives me the possibility to map very clearly on time how we're doing on each project we have.

Cons: The learning curve might be challenging for certain roles that might benefit from it, it needs more help during the onboarding.

• Reviewed on 14/01/2020
Mike S.
Managing Member
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2020

"Speedy, flexible task and project management software"

Comments: Very good. We found a reproducible issue and reported it, and it was fixed very quickly.

Pros: We have tried many task and project management systems over thee last few years. While some have been great in certain aspects, they would each fall short in some specific way that made it less-than-ideal. Thus far, NiftyPM has been a joy to use. Much of that is because of one simple feature... SPEED. NiftyPM does not get in my way when I am creating tasks, moving them around, assigning them to others, etc. Nifty does pretty much everything that I wanted it to do, and the (very) few things it doesn't are on the road map, so I am pretty happy with it. The dark mode interface design is also very well thought out.

Cons: Because there is a large amount of data involved, the interface can be a bit overwhelming. However, it is very well-designed, so once you get used to it, the software becomes much easier to navigate. There are a few small things I would like to be added/implemented. For example, the ability to easily see the date/time when a task was created, along with date/time stamps of when it moved from one status to another.

• Reviewed on 15/09/2020
Gabriel T.
Product Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/06/2020

"Great little find in a sea of many project management tools"

Comments: It's been great. As I mentioned, I have used so many management tools and I am happy to have stumbled on this little treasure of a management tool with so much ease in mind yet so much robust tools if I want to grow my project and team, Nifty looks to scale pretty well.

Pros: Hello, I am product designer (PD) working on a side app project with a friend. As a PD I have worked with so many different types of Project Management Tools, and found Nifty to be very easy to use right out of the box so to speak and the overall dashboard and UI are more intuitive than other management tools I have used.

Cons: I am just starting out with Nifty so at the moment I am enjoying the app and haven't found anything to be a headache or anything. If maybe a suggestion. Be awesome to have some sort of Figma Plugin where I can manage a design tasks in Figma. Just a random thought.

• Reviewed on 15/06/2020
Tracey R.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2019

"Great team collaboration tool with solid solutions for client management"

Comments: Great team behind the platform. Super helpful. A fantastic alternative to other collaboration tools out there!

Pros: With Nifty, we are able to manage and connect our project team members in one creative workspace. This tool has helped us to improve our collaboration processes at both the team and client levels. Nifty has enabled us to move forward faster with more clarity, helping us meet deadlines with ease. An awesome feature is Nifty documents and files, which serve as a central hub of our content and document collaboration. There are many useful and practical features that are designed to make us more effective and efficient with managing our projects. We also like the fact that we can set milestones and the overview section is fantastic for tracking each project, its progress, and time frames. Another pro is the ability to import projects/ documents etc. from other apps, such as Trello and Asana.

Cons: We can't say we don't like anything in particular about Nifty! Perhaps the onboarding process could be improved slightly to give more in-app information (the platform uses tooltips) on navigating the software and how to explore all its features (because there is a myriad of awesome ones to explore!). There are links to external documents, but it would enhance the UX if more navigation is provided in-app. While intuitive to use (with an awesome UI that you can customize), the onboarding experience can be maximized to ensure users can get set up faster and start being productive. But

• Reviewed on 13/11/2019
Leonardo W.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2020

"Easy to Use and Productivity Focused PM"

Pros: We tested a lot of PM's, if you do client work or any project related tasks, I think you have been there, right? Each new PM, brings a lot of new excitement and features, but, also problems :( Nifty has become our main tool for projects, it's easy to use, full of features, Google Docs are integrated and you can share files with one click! You can also track time, control workloads, integrate your calendar, subtasks and all the good stuff that you want to see on a product like this. If you need use to use and granular control at the same time, without the need of a bachelor degree in nuclear engineering, you will be happy with Nifty

Cons: I like the app, just think they could add a client portal, with login and password.

• Reviewed on 08/09/2020
Anil P.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2020

"Simplify your Project Management"

Comments: So far I am enjoying the simplicity in which I can create a project and configure it to my needs depending on the specific project requirements. I might be going overboard but I've already created 20 projects in the matter of a week while still being able to get some sleep.

Pros: I was able to onboard Nifty and get started within an hour of signing up. The workflow and design make it very easy to use for experienced Project Managers and even those just getting started with project management.

Cons: I haven't found any roadblocks as yet. Possibly deciding on how to structure your projects could be a sticking point. There is the all in one approach of putting everything in one project but it might mean having multiple administrators or making multiple projects based on function within the same portfolio. I recommend the first option for smaller projects and the second for much larger projects with multiple project administrators and users.

• Reviewed on 29/06/2020
Joshua C.
Small business owner
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2020

"Every business is a project management business"

Comments: I believe our business is going to benefit greatly from switching to Nifty

Pros: The overall ease of use is why I am even leaving a review. We were using ClickUp for our transaction management, however I found that platform to have a much higher learning curve and when I discovered Nifty I knew this was the platform to manage a transaction on.

Cons: The only con I can think of is that it is fairly new and has some bugs. HOWEVER, the Nifty team is very responsive and organized. They crush those bugs fairly quickly.

• Reviewed on 11/07/2020
Agni C.
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2020

"Very easy to use but powerful"

Comments: We are a smalla gile team so we are always looking for teh best project management tool that can help us collaborate without juggling btween 10 differnt tools.
Nifty servers the pupose of making it possible to bring everyone of our team ona single page specially when we are remote.

Pros: This is what our team liked about it
1. Easy leaning curve
2. Chat feature within the system.
3. Google drive files can open in the same interface , our content team could join the same group
4. The design is great.
5. Support is fast and helpful(I had asked whether the sidebar could be collapsed and teh reply came quick on intercom)
6.integration with Github.
7. The feature to lock certain tasks to ceratin task completion.
8. The mobile app is really nice , I was able to use the chat while travelling.

Cons: These are few of things we didnt like
1. No integartion with Gitlab yet.
2. The zoom call feature is pretty useless ebcasue it is nto native yet basically you just geta link to join . Initially I found it buggy.
3. The templates should have preview option , also I would liek to have templates around OKR's
4. Chat within the Projects is sometimes confusing , also discussion on any pertitcualr task .. If a log is provided for teh same it would be easier to follow..
5. If we can access Gdrive files directly from nifty it woudl be nice.