• Overall
    4.8 /5

About Nifty

Nifty is a remote collaboration hub that helps you manage projects, tasks, and communications all in one place.

Learn more about Nifty

Alberto O.
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2020

"After Trying a Few PM Tools; This One Stuck"

Comments: Nifty has been an awesome PM tool for the price point. When compared to other cloud based PM tools such as basecamp, asana, and others this one is the way to go and the many things they have been improving on.

Pros: Nifty makes Project Management so simple for our team. It provides multiple views either Kanban, List, or others to properly manage a team. Also, the learning curve is very small compared to other robust PM software. The collaborative ability within projects and tasks with Google integration (doc, sheets, etc) is a game-changer. I really like the ease of seeing everything going on and the easy manner in which moving tasks are. The UX and ease of use for this software is top of the line. Especially in dark mode.

Cons: The cloud-based software can be slow sometimes but definitely nothing to go crazy fussing about. Either way, I believe the Nifty team is working hard to improve it. Also, it would be great to have a CSV upload of tasks/projects.

• Reviewed on 29/08/2020
Santiago V.
Tech Manager
Banking, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2018

"Daily tracking of UX/VD team."

Pros: - Simplicity
- Easy to use
- Clean UI
- Milestones make the difference.

Cons: - Adding some Color tags would help to identify risks or progress
- The ability to link somehow to google docs, slides, etc. (we all work on google emails and drive)
- Milestones can be improved with a deep sense of status and progress colours.

by Nifty Technologies on 27/11/2018

Hi Santiago!

Thanks so much for your review.

We're definitely looking to implement color tags down the road. Thanks for the input!

I noticed you put a "0" for Customer Support -- have you found our help center and customer support underwhelming?

Similarly, do you feel Nifty is poor value for money as your review indicates?

• Reviewed on 20/11/2018
Tayshiro K.
Marketing Director
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Simple enough and complex enough"

Comments: Nifty helped me to view my projects as projects needs to be, but also is a run and gun tool. You can just open and start populating it as a trello board.

Pros: You can open and start managing your projects. Their support is fast and attentive. Google Docs/Sheets integration in incredible. It’s simple and quality-oriented. Not too many bells and whistles.

Cons: It’s not perfect yet. Since I started using it in January, the tool got more robust, but it still lacks some features as some ordering and filtering, but their support is already aware of it so I believe these won’t be a issue in a couple of months anymore!

Joshua L.
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2020

"The absolute best project management software you will ever use"

Pros: There are so many pros, I'm not sure where to begin. The experience of the tool so far gives me the vibe that the tool is very mature, but the team is very adaptive and open to new ideas without compromising on their vision. Qualities I can definitely stand behind. So anyway, back to the pros: - Beautiful and FAST interface: When staring at something all day, you want something great to look at.
- Fool proof UX: Everything is so easy to use and intuitive.
- Milestones Swimlane View: Changed my life and way of doing things
- Dark Mode: A must have for me
- iOS App: Makes my life a ton easier
- Zoom Integration: I wonder why so many other PM tools didn't think of this
- Recurring Task, dependencies, and the list goes on so I won't bore you.
If I could only praise one thing, I would give mad props to the Nifty team. They have rolled out multiple updates in the span of a month, and have been extremely involved with their community. Every issue I encountered was fixed, and every question I asked was promptly replied.

Cons: There's only 1 con so far that I encountered. The ability to export to other PM tools. Sometimes we get clients who specifically want to manage their project on Trello or Asana. It would be great if we could export our pre-existing task templates and milestones across for such use cases. It's easy to port in, but not easy (for not) to export out. However, I understand they are already working on this, so we'll just have to wait.

Heather C.
Founder, CEO
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2020

"The system I needed..."

Comments: I'm impressed with what they offer at the price, and the responsiveness of their team. More, I am thrilled with how Nifty handles guests, and allows me to connect with my customer and collaborators around the globe, without having to buy a bunch more seats.

Pros: Nifty is easy to use. The way that it is set up with tasks, files, docs and discussion is brilliant. My team took to it like ducks to water, and new team members find their way quickly. It even allows me to simply a project for a new team member, to introduce them to complexities as they go.

Cons: Nifty is great, and they are working hard. They are not yet what I'd consider mature. Their built-in docs leave a lot to be desired. Their milestone templating doesn't exist, and copying tasks doesn't work as well as it could, sadly.

• Reviewed on 29/09/2020
Kaushal S.
Founder & CEO
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2020

"Awesome Project Managment Tool"

Comments: Biggest problem we faced was streamlining discussion with clients, stake holders and staff. Using discussion module we have been added to reduce the exchange of emails between clients and our company. Tasks / Milestones Templates have made us to create a particular project easily and quickly

Pros: Nifty is one of the best project management tool we have used till date. Onboarding Clients as Guests
Onboarding clients on Nifty portal is pretty straight forward. With simple few clicks we can add our clients as guests on their respective projects. They can add their tasks and check the overall progress of their project.
Tasks Module & Milestones
It's easy to create tasks in nifty and at the same time attach a particular task list to a Milestone. We can assign each tasks and its sub tasks to a particular member and create a task dependency , milestone dependency
Discussion
This is by far - my most favorite module of Nifty. This allows my team to have discussion with clients. Clients can attach their files , comments , leave message about project etc.
Docs & Files
Docs & Files section helps us to keep all relevant project details in one place.
Mobile APP
Nifty has a mobile app. It's so user friendly. Using the app , our clients, users can leave their comments attach files on the go.

Cons: It doesn't offer white label project portal. For few agencies, this might be a deal breaker. Also it doesn't have an Invoice / Payment module built in.

Vitali K.
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Great PM tool for project manager"

Comments: We use every day with my team to work on clients' projects. A very convenient and intuitive solution - used to in a couple of days

Pros: Great project management app - very clean and easy to use interface. Installed and configured in one day.
Cool features and features: built-in time tracking, a very convenient hup with files and documents for the project

Cons: Not enough integration especially webhooks and open API. In development - promised before the end of the year to do

Timur B.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"Nice and easy PM tool that is actually enjoyable to use"

Pros: Onboarding process is very quick. Just watch a quick tutorial to understand main features and you are good to go. What we like the most is the simplicity of creating and working on the project. You choose which parts you need and disable the ones that you don't. For example, if you have a simple project without the need for Milestones, time tracking etc, you just remove them from your view in one click so that your screen looks nice and tidy. Also, we love the integration with Google docs. Very well done and lets you collaborate on certain documents even without inviting to Nifty. Also, the communication with your teammates made really easy with the ability to tag and comment on every element including files in subtasks.
We used several PM tools in the past and almost lost hope to find the one that our small team would be willing to use. Fortunately, we gave Nifty a try and couldn't be happier.

Cons: Not really. The only thing that could come in handy would be the ability to create the task by sending an email.

• Reviewed on 17/02/2021
Enrico P.
Publishing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2020

"A very good tool, better than the competitors"

Comments: Till now I'm very happy about this software, I'm migrating from Freedcamp and I'm missing some of its features but enjoying other that nifty has. I hope that they will improve a lot with their roadmap

Pros: Nifty is great to manage my team and attribute tasks to every one. I use it with "guests": collaborators who just have to do something simple but I want to monitorize with Nifty

Cons: They should add some very simple tools, filters or button to make easier the navigation and the user experience.
I mean a button to go back at task screen from settings
A "order by" button in milestones and tasks
etc.

• Reviewed on 29/06/2020
David S.
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2019

"Great Tool! Gets me home an hour earlier!"

Comments: I've tried every tool and this was best

Pros: The ease of use is fantastic had my employees using Nifty instantly!

Cons: Could use more integrations for my industry

• Reviewed on 12/09/2019
Ivan C.
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2020

"Nifty powerful pm"

Pros: Simple to learn and powerful to use. Milestone, recurring tasks, task dependency.
Fast changing from one screen to another.
Dark mode. I love this.
Very powerful team functions

Cons: Team members number is low ( 3 with 1 code one of which is the owner)
I would like to see more integrations.

• Reviewed on 27/06/2020
Loan Consultant
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees

"Best PM Ever"

Pros: Enabled me to keep track of leads, active tasks expired tasks and view everything from a birds eye. Additionally the UI/UX is stellar.

Cons: Needed more integrations for my line of work.

Jesus V.
Publishing, Self Employed

"Awesome PM tool"

Comments: Awesome tool that allows you and your team save time and money by organizing your projects in a logical manner.

Pros: Offers awesome UI and UX, easy to use software

Cons: Not many native integrations with other softwares

Koen V.
Vegan Health Coach
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2021

"Making taskmanagement a breeze"

Comments: I have a pleasant experience with working with Nifty. It's easy to use for someone who doesn't have a lot of tech skills. It keeps my tasks and files organized and does what it needs to.

Pros: What I really like about Nifty is that it has become a one-stop place for everything task related. I can track my own progress, create different tasks and even add files. It's easy to use and to start working with.

Cons: I have worked with other project management and task management tools that have a bit more oversight in terms of what is a focus right now and different levels of priority. So it's not so ideal for teamwork.

• Reviewed on 10/02/2021
Arnaud S.
Engineering lead
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2019

"Everything in one place"

Pros: I kept looking for software which is more powerful than a trellis board, but doesn’t take a full time trained professional to manage (looking at you Jira!) Nifty fits that perfectly. It’s made a world of a difference to coordination in the team, makes it super easy to build estimated project dependencies and timelines, and most importantly is easy enough to use that you keep those estimates up to date!

Cons: Nifty is still early! There are some bugs and slowness, but the team has really impressed me with how fast they are to respond to feedback by shipping fixes or updates.

• Reviewed on 10/02/2019
Raji S.
Project Leader
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2019

"Nifty Review - Students Group"

Comments: All in all everything is structured and in place. Thus there is no distraction like switching from tool to tool like we used to before.

Pros: The All-in-One structure of this software! It was really difficult to have an overview over every tool we used to before e.g. slack, trello, asana, drive etc.
Another point is the milestone overview feature as gantt diagram.

Cons: Sometimes the Google Documents and Sheets is not function properly.

• Reviewed on 17/04/2019
Matt H.
Owner/OPerator
Photography, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/07/2020

"Tried many PMs, love this one."

Pros: Simplicity. Great UI. Free clients. Excellent iOS App.

Cons: not much at all. I have used it for a few weeks now and have not identified something I want to improve yet.

• Reviewed on 02/07/2020
Brandon L.
CPO
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2018

"Loving the experience so far, bravo 👏🏾"

Comments: So far my experience has been great, I’ve already recommended it to 3 people. Would be cool if there was a affiliate program. Highly responsive support team and constantly improving the product. The UX is better than anything I’ve used so far. Loving the direction the team is going and feel grateful to be with them early in their journey. I think it’s only going to get better.

Pros: Gif functionality, how everything functions on the same interface and the general UX.

Cons: Loadtimes and docs functionality can be improved.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2018
Paola V.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2020

"Great project management platform"

Pros: - Unlimited guests and collaborators
- Kanban view and calendar
- Time tracking

Cons: A bit of a learning curve but I got used to it quickly

• Reviewed on 25/06/2020
Alexandre P.
Professor
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

"Very nice PM!"

Pros: Easy to use, Grantt, Tasks, Files, and Communications with team and clients.

Cons: Project File area could have a folder organization.

Greg F.
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2019

"Necessary entrant into a competitive market"

Pros: very thoughtfully laid out
easy onboarding
shows that creator really understands the difficulties of team collaboration and what it means to provide a real workspace

Cons: so far nothing. it really delivers on everything its promising

Jc V.
founder
  • Reviewed on 04/03/2021

"Best project management app I've used to date"

Comments: Exceptional customer service & customer experience

Pros: Very easy to use and amazing UI. Impressed with the software right out of the box and it just keeps getting better the more I use it. Customer for life.

Cons: Didn't find this sooner and was using other products like Trello/Basecamp/Keepsolid Goals

• Reviewed on 04/03/2021
Mheljon P.
Co-Partner
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2020

"Congratulations! You Found The Best PM Software Available!"

Comments: I had the pleasure of talking with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! Not only is the software itself extremely value-based, but the customer support that is included also goes beyond expectations. I am happy to support his company, and recommend you do the same!

Pros: Luckily, my team and I were able to find Nifty right before we committed to a competitor which would have increased our overhead substantially. Compared to the 3,000 Dollar Annual Fee + the 7,000 Dollar overhead, it was really a tough pill for us to swallow. Before we bit the bullet, Nifty found it's way to me and let me tell you as a Project Manager and Operations Officer, Nifty lives up to its name. I could go on about the features, but the best part of the software is its multitude of integrations. Softwares like Trello, Basecamp, and Zoom are already integrated. This isn't a PM software your team will just refer to once a day, it's a platform from which your team can not only communicate, but work together and collaborate to complete projects, tasks, and goals.

Cons: The only problem with project management is getting a team to utilize new PM Software. Luckily, the support team is there to make sure your company's transition is as smooth as possible.

• Reviewed on 23/06/2020
James L.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2020

"Stands out as a very nice alternative to better known project management and collaboration apps"

Comments: Very good on boarding email series and live chat support is very responsive.

Pros: These guys have built a very well thought-out app in terms of functionality and they have done it in a way that includes a beautiful UI/UX which is not the case with many better known solutions. Things I love so far: * High level of control with project management but simple interface
* Project management alongside team/project chat, create google docs NATIVELY within Nifty, file storage/sharing, shared calendars
* Ability to share some parts and hide other parts of a project with collaborators
* Seems to be designed in a way that makes it a great tool for both technical teams & product/corporate teams
* Comes with native Mac App, Android App, iPhone App

Cons: Would be nice to see more native integrations rather than relying too heavily on Zapier which is pricey.

• Reviewed on 06/06/2020
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2020

"Better than most out of the gate"

Pros: This is the easiest-on-the-eyes, most intuitive PM platform we've tried or used (especially compared to Asana and Notion). Document storage, creation, and management is a breeze. Uploading large numbers of files is lightning fast, and document navigation is super easy. Task management has deep capacity. Onboarding has been a snap compared to other platforms. Devs have built in heavy emphasis on real-time communication and collaboration. Support is super responsive. They have a very active development schedule. Nifty will replace Asana, Slack, and Dropbox Paper for us.

Cons: There is no native print function anywhere. All uploaded files and files created in Nifty have to be downloaded in order to print. This presents companies with an added security issue. In the Files section, pdfs are uploaded as images, so even if you download to print, you just have a png. The Share function for Files only shares to people on your team or onboarded guests. All kinds of system notifications show up in the Discussion streams and there's no way to delete them. The functionality of the Discussions widget is less than the functionality when you click through and expand the Discussions to a full window. So, for instance, you cannot pin a discussion from the widget. This is the least intuitive thing about the app.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2020