Filter by:

• Overall

About Rippling

Rippling makes it easy to manage your Payroll, Benefits, HR, and IT -- all in one, modern platform.

Learn more about Rippling

Showing 1,001 reviews

Derrick M.
Derrick M.
Director, Team Development & People
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2020

"Rippling is fantastic! Best software product I’ve used in years"

Comments: Fantastic. Everything from the implementation to our daily use, this has been one of the best product purchases I’ve ever made. Plus, my boss ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
) absolutely loves Rippling and has even talked about it at our board meeting! Good stuff all around and I have recommended it to at least a dozen colleagues in my local market.

Pros: The automations, integrations, and ease of use are second to none. Important tasks (i.e. onboarding a new employee) used to take me an hour and a half to complete with our prior vendor (due to disconnected workflows, confusing product layout, etc) and it now takes me less than 10 min with Rippling. Transformational.

Cons: The only con i can point to is not being able to just call into a customer support number for important issues (to speak to a live person), but the support email is monitored regularly, so it definitely makes up for any negatives. They also recently instituted a Pod system to support issues and it has been a great experience. It also appears they have recently hired account managers, which tells me they continue to scale the organization and add the appropriate team members for additional support. Good stuff all around.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2020
Misty marie W.
Misty marie W.
Human Resources Manager
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/02/2021

"Rippling Is a Life Saver"

Comments: Everything about Rippling has exceeded our expectations. From the software, to the people we deal with, moving to Rippling has proven to be one of the best choices we've made as a company. We also appreciate that they are always moving forward with additions and improvements. This company is truly innovative and the best option out there today!

Pros: I liked how easy it was to get setup, get all of our employees into the system and using it regularly, and how easy it is to manage most of our HR data.

Cons: The PTO app could use some work, but the support team is working on improvements. It works well but some of our employees are a bit confused by the app sometimes.

• Reviewed on 04/02/2021
Anh P.
RevOps Manager
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2021

"Easy way to organize and understand HR-related shenanigans"

Pros: Ease of use: HR-related tasks usually contain a lot of lingos but Rippling helps me break down the tasks effectively

Cons: Nothing from an user point of view (not admin)

• Reviewed on 19/06/2021
Caitlyn M.
Senior Accountant
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/07/2021

"Easy to Use Platform"

Pros: Very straight forward and easy to use. Love being able to see all the tasks that I need to complete. Set up has been smooth sailing, and Rippling did most of the heavy lifting for pulling historical data.

Cons: I have not seen any issues yet. We are will in the implementation phase.

• Reviewed on 02/07/2021
Alysha T.
Head of People Operations
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2020

"I am excited to implement Rippling !"

Comments: From the demo through implementation, our Rippling experience has been top notch so far. The team is very responsive and the system is extremely user friendly and customizable. I would highly recommend this to small HR teams looking to streamline processes.

Pros: Rippling has been a great solution for us as a small company without an IT department. We are able to streamline our on-boarding and off-boarding processes, making it easy to order equipment and remotely update software on our employees' computers. Our employees love the easy app based user interface, making it easy to download paystubs, update personal information, enroll in benefits, and submit FSA receipts all in one platform!

Cons: The only con I have run into so far is the lack of phone support for administrators. With that being said, the team has been very responsive via email!

• Reviewed on 08/12/2020
Ryan D.
Chief Product Officer
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2020

"Unique vision, powerful platform, excellent service"

Comments: We were looking for a one stop shop to manage employee lifecycle (onboarding, management, offboarding) without having to have dedicated IT resources or disrupt our valuable engineers to carry out basic tasks like account provisioning and laptop configuration. While most HR platforms handle the basics of payroll and benefits, Rippling was unique in its approach to solving the IT side of the equation without having to build custom workflows or write a whole lot of scripts. Overall, Rippling delivers on their vision and is backed by a great team of onboarding and success managers to ensure that everything runs smoothly and our employees are taken care of.

Pros: Rippling was intuitive and easy to get up and running. Setup was self guided with helpful information to ensure that we maintain compliance with federal and state regulations. The initial load of employee data took little to no time and other than a couple of employees who struggled to upload their photos, I didn't have to assist anyone in setting up their profile, completing necessary documents, or setting up their bank account for payroll. Similar to onboarding employees for payroll, the benefits onboarding experience was straightforward, enabling us to rollout medical, dental, vision, and 401K all in one shot. From here, it's time to get the IT side of the house in order, and we're excited to have an integrated experience that not only handles traditional HR onboarding, but also ensure that new employees arrive on day one ready to work, with a laptop and all their necessary software and SaaS accounts provisioned.

Cons: The overall application navigation was a little clumsy when we were first onboarded, lacking a breadcrumb menu experience that meant you had to return to the home screen to move between areas of the platform. That said, Rippling was highly responsive to feedback, and over the subsequent weeks rolled out revisions to their overall user experience that represent a significant improvement in moving between various areas of the platform. Outside of that, there are a couple of areas I'd like to see improved. The first is to provide support for basic time entry, enabling contractors or hourly workers to log their time. This doesn't need to be fancy as there are dedicated offerings for companies that require advanced capabilities, but something as simple as hours per day would suffice. On top of that, it would be nice to provide a payroll calendar that is accessible to employees. Right now I can access the calendar as an admin, but perhaps make that available to everyone in the company.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2020
Mike S.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2019

"I Replaced 9 Separate Web Services with ONLY Rippling"

Pros: Does everything you need... really... Onboarding, Background Checks, Employment/Education Verification, Payroll, PTO, Single Sign-On, Hardware Management, 401(k) through Guideline, Health Insurance, Dental/Vision/LTD/Life Insurance, on and on and on. Service is immediate... while other companies fail at email only service, Rippling nails it... in like 3 minutes usually... way faster and more precise than a phone call. Sometimes the founder even takes care of my requests... no really... the founder. Employees never ask me to train them anymore, it's so slick and easy to use. Really happy.

Cons: The only con is that I can't change an employee's username to their work email... it's always their personal email that they set input when they sign their offer letter... but the more I think about it it doesn't really matter.

• Reviewed on 20/08/2019
Barbara P.
VP Operational Support
Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Love Rippling!"

Comments: We have integrated many of our systems together and continue to work with Rippling to get them all integrated. Rippling is a great long-term partner. They are very responsive and work hard to eliminate all barriers and get the "wish list" items implemented. The Support folks at Rippling are amazing to work with and are very timely and detailed with their responses.

Pros: This IT based payroll system is amazing! We are now paying our folks weekly - our restaurant team members LOVE this! The folks at Rippling want to integrate with as many groups as possible and don't nickel and dime you about the integration. They learn how to integrate, set a time table to make it happen and keep you posted on the progress along the way. The reporting in Rippling is amazing!

Cons: There are a few things that are missing; they don't have a true rehire process (you can rehire folks, easily, but it creates a second/third profile for the person - this leads to other potential issues/concerns), they do not have a mechanism for logging folks on "leave of absence".

• Reviewed on 12/02/2021
Controller
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2020

"So far So good"

Comments: Overall, this is the easiest payroll system I have ever used. I especially enjoyed the ease of set up.

Pros: After a year of using this product I am very happy with how easy it is to use and process payroll. I love the integration with Quickbooks Online and how it automatically books the journal entries after the payroll is completed.

Cons: The navigation on the payroll page annoys me because of how you have to expand the page every time you want to see past payrolls. You cannot keep the page expanded.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2020
Varoon K.
Varoon K.
Senior HR Associae
  • Reviewed on 28/04/2020

"Rippling - Maximum Benefits, Minimum Interference"

Comments: It has made my life as the Lead HR for our organization easier.

Pros: Having worked with Rippling from optimizing it for our business, to incrementally implementing Rippling towards integration with our other applications. The process has been one that is easy and straightforward. Processes such as Employee Onboarding, PTO management, Documentation etc. handled using different applications are all now housed under one umbrella. Everything is just a click away. Rippling has been instrumental in the seamless increase of our team size, we stared at 15 members across two geographies in March 2019, to 80 people now in April 2020.

Cons: Integrating apps that arent in the marketplace isnt as easy as it could be. But it has become more efficient in recent months. We are seeing Rippling evolve over the year and a half I have used it. To be perfectly honest, I started as a detractor. But now, I would definitely recommend Rippling to any Business Practitioner looking to run a successful business.

• Reviewed on 28/04/2020
Anuraag T.
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/12/2019

"Best Payroll Choice"

Comments: Fantastic!

Pros: - Combines IT with HR to help our employees get onboarded
- Great document management tools
- Quick Support
- Easy to use interface

Cons: - The rigid process for a few apps doesn't leave room for customization
- Site can be buggy at times, but nothing concerning
- Would be nice if they bundled pricing again, it can get expensive with all of the bells and whistles per employee

• Reviewed on 27/12/2019
Angela j J.
Office & Human Resource Manager
Utilities, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/04/2021

"Looking for something that needs a lot of customization?"

Comments: GREAT!

Pros: then this is the payroll service for you!
Everything about rippling is customizable. EVERYTHING.
use friendly. Easy. Efficient - it's work to get it up and going, but its NOT hard or difficult - totally worth it.

Cons: 1. I would like to be able to create "folders" where you can separate different documents/files with in the employees "document" section of their profile. - so not everything is clustered together.
2. Less steps for an EE to change their time forward and backward - it's kind of a pain in the A** and for people who aren't tech savvy - they just don't get it.
3. the app version on rippling is wayyy more glitchy than the web - it boots us out all the time.
4. Web based version should be made to scale down to tablet and phone screen size.

• Reviewed on 08/04/2021
Riishiraj P.
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2020

"Great product backed by prompt service"

Comments: So far I have been using it for little less than a year. We had one hiccup with earlier than usual funds withdrawal, but once I emailed them they fixed everything very quickly. I am very satisfied using this app.

Pros: The software UI is modern, well designed and intuitive. On boarding can be a little difficult if you are not familiar with all the tax and other details, but there is help. The apps are good and integration with bank and Gsuite works well. There are many features and services and they go out of their way to help and explain. I hope they can scale up, as we are less than 10 employees. have not yet used the insurance services so can't review that. Overall I really like using them.

Cons: On boarding can be complicated with various codes and acronyms. Some training materials or links to useful info could be very useful.

• Reviewed on 19/06/2020
Lee Z.
Lee Z.
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2020

"Reporting as fraud - zero customer support"

Comments: Rippling took $1000 from me for a 5-person package. When I realized it didn't perform the way they said it would, I asked for a refund. To be specific, they assured me that I could use Rippling in the same way that I use DocuSign. When I tried to upload contracts to send them for signature, the platform wouldn't allow that function. I was going to have to completely re-enter a 15-page contract manually in their online 'editing' box before I could send the document for signature. This wasn't what I was told during my original walk-through, so I requested a refund as that was my main need.
When I requested my refund, I received no reply- the person that sold me the package ghosted me, Rippling kept my money and canceled my account. There is no other way to contact their team other than email, and I sent several emails over months before giving up. Going to have to issue a statement about fraud to my bank to try and reverse the charge now.

Pros: Nothing. Never got to actually use it because they de-activated my account and kept my money.

Cons: Their "portal" for documents to be e-signed is like a bad version of google docs- without the ability to import. You literally cannot import a pre-made document. You can paste the content and reformat it- so good luck with anyone transferring from another platform, anyone with pre-existing documents, basically anyone that wants to edit a document outside of their terrible text editor.

• Reviewed on 26/02/2020
Chris M.
Chris M.
Chief Operating Officer
Consumer Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2019

"Forget ADP, Paychex or Ceridian"

Comments: With Rippling, we spend so much less time fixing problems than we used to with the big payroll providers. The system natively and easily integrates with G Suite, Expensify, health insurance, worker's comp, and a variety of other services. This allows us to focus on building the business rather than payroll and HR.

Pros: This is, by far, the easiest and most intuitive payroll and HR software that I've used. Doing the initial setup took a mere 3 hours compared to literally months of setup time for ADP Workforce Now or Ceridian Dayforce HCM. Rippling does what they say they're going to do and they seem to do it very well. Direct deposits have been making it successfully into accounts so far!!!

Cons: I'm not a big fan of team-based email support, but that's pretty much the only option they provide. While I don't feel they're leading me astray, I also don't feel like they intimately know the needs of my company. I'm also a little concerned about the longevity of a company that is probably running off of venture capital, but it is a risk I am very willing to take to not have the frustration of one of the big payroll companies, who have software that is difficult to use and often screwed up payroll runs.

• Reviewed on 05/11/2019
Stuart S.
Sr. Director Customer Care
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/01/2020

"Great all in one company admin portal"

Comments: As stated previously. The all in one location of all my company and employment information is great.

Pros: It has everything in one place. All my personal information/benefits/payroll, etc. On top of that it has a very easy company directory that is actionable for texts and phone calls. The software is also very simple to operate, very clean interface with simple to understand language and icons.

Cons: I have not found any items I have not enjoyed using so far.

• Reviewed on 03/01/2020
Rachel P.
Operations Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2021

"Rippling - many features, many issues"

Comments: as the company grows, rippling promises a scalable way to keep track of HR-related items - some have been realized and some have not. As a partial administrator and user of the system it can be frustrating to deal with employee complaints as to the complexity of certain tasks, ie time off requests, that are not as simple as they should be.

Pros: Water Cooler function gives our multi-site company a way to communicate effectively during a time when we can't get together in person Payroll information is timely and easy to access

Cons: The time off features are not easy to use, nor are they intuitive. When employees do not work a full 40 hours per week or work > 8 hours per day, they have to finesse the system to request appropriate amounts of time off during a week - this leads to inaccurate calendar representation of who is out at any particular time.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2021
Kacey S.
HR Manager
Utilities, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2020

"Great Payroll Company"

Pros: It is really user friendly and great customer service support.

Cons: That you can't go back to the previous screen. You have to go to the home page and re-run the report each time.

• Reviewed on 10/09/2020
Caroline H.
HR Manager
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2019

"Buyer Beware! Empty promises and no support"

Comments: It has been terrible. Our implementation manager was pretty good but since then the support team is non-responsive (most requests take 48 hours to hear back) and the help center on the site is terrible. There are additional features you can turn on like custom fields but there is no training on how to do this and unless you know what you are looking for, you would never know where to find it.

Pros: Leaving Paychex we were really excited at the prospect of being able to have payroll, HR and benefits all in one place. In all of the demos we did, Rippling seemed slick and we loved all of the "add-on" possibilities.

Cons: We knew changing payroll companies would be a challenge but it really has been one problem after another! We have a mixture of 1099 and W2 employees which they told us they could do but it has been a payroll nightmare! All of the "add-ons" that we saw in the demo are not native to Rippling, they are partners that you can subscribe to and feed into Rippling. They typically only sync names.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2019
Brian O.
VP of Finance
Consumer Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2020

"Great System!!!"

Comments: I have used Rippling with two separate companies at this point. Managing small businesses with a system as simple and nibble as Rippling has been an incredible asset. This is not the system for people that are staring down WorkDay with an HRIS team in house. Rather this is the cost effective way of those small to medium sized companies to get something that is enterprise worthy that can grow with you.

Pros: - Ease of use
- Implementation can be done in a day
- Really nibble
- Quite a long list of 3rd party apps that play very well with the system

Cons: - Lacks some flexibility that larger enterprise solutions have (not for huge companies yet)

• Reviewed on 18/05/2020
Hasan H.
Firearm Instructor
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2020

"A 10 out of 10 Review for Rippling"

Comments: My overall experience with Rippling is 10 out of 10. Rippling makes employee-employer, contractor, and global schedule management a breeze.

Pros: Rippling was straightforward to get happily involved with their software solutions as a user. I also find it easy to use to sign off on all my contract/work-related paperwork. Lastly, I love seeing rippling emails whenever I get paid and payroll items are a breeze.

Cons: I don't necessarily have anything I least like about this software.

• Reviewed on 22/04/2020
Eric N.
Operations Engineer
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2020

"Rippling is recommended!"

Comments: Very satisfied.

Pros: Rippling is very easy to use and the dashboard is great!

Cons: No real drawbacks, dashboard has everything we need.

• Reviewed on 11/12/2020
Mario a. A.
Mario a. A.
Financial Analyst Sr.
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2021

"Rippling in my day by day"

Pros: I like that is easy to interect with all the features I need.
looking for someone or updating administrative information could be nonsense sometimes, because you could spend there yuor wholeday and Rippling gives it to you instantly.

Cons: Sometimes I cannot see bank account details where I would like to see them, but I think its better to download a report of that sensitive information. because its safer.

• Reviewed on 06/04/2021
Jerry J.
Industrial Automation, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2021

"Support is weak, software is nice, policies are crazy"

Comments: If everything works as it should, the system is nice although a little quirky at times. Features and capabilities would warrant the above-average pricing if it were not for the nightmare that follows glitches. Reaching support is a role of the dice. Support hours are mediocre. Payroll advice is often contrary to government regulations so beware and check with a professional before letting Rippling support reverse an employee's payroll. And they essentially shut down your account whenever a problem with your bank arises, even if it is Rippling's fault.

Pros: The concept of Rippling is great. If they could deliver on what they claim, the system would be second to none.

Cons: Hidden fees are a problem. Timely government filings are a huge problem. And heaven forbid their system ever fail on a transaction. Each failure will cost the company big even if it is Rippling's fault.

• Reviewed on 23/06/2021
Lyda N.
General Manager
Restaurants, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2021

"Rippling user"

Comments: Customer service is good and issues are fixed quickly.

Pros: Payroll, hiring, and over all employee time management is super easy and convenient.

Cons: We have had a few issues with when we needed something updated it affected the whole system.

• Reviewed on 15/09/2021