• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.1 /5

About IDrive

Versatile solution that offers backup for multiple devices, including servers and mobile devices, through one account.

Learn more about IDrive

Showing 25 reviews of 75

Finance Officer
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2019

"Great Security"

Comments: We easily set it up and all was well when I would look back and see where it had backed up. However, something took place where it was not backing up and I did not realize. Don't know why it stopped working but I contacted the staff and they corrected the "bug" or whatever without my having to stay on line while they fixed it. I got a notice that it had been corrected the next morning. When I talked to them they were very nice (although not very clear English, which seems to always be true no matter what software company I am dealing with) but he did know what to do and did it without me having to wait on line. That was nice.

Pros: This system backs up quite well and on schedule. Less expensive than previous software backup systems.

Cons: It would be nice if I had been aware the software was not working correctly by getting some notification. For some reason the backup was showing being done but it was not saving the work correctly at one point. I don't know if they even knew there was a problem on their end until I contacted them. It was corrected but I do not know what caused it.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2019
Aris J.
Managing Director
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2018

"Powerful tool for any size business"

Comments: Having our own encryption key.

Pros: Idrive is an amazing tool - powerful with lots of functionality. We liked how easy it was to set up and run a back up. Key decision for us having our own private encryption key. It has several backup options to choose from.

Cons: Although it is not a major issue for us, it would be nice if it had the option of unlimited space. Sometimes we might need files that are older than 10 versions. However , the benefits outweigh this function.

• Reviewed on 08/02/2018
Executive Vice President
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2019

"Easy to setup and use"

Comments: There's nothing like automated backup, so this is one of many good choices that accomplish this, hands-off once you set it up properly. Just make sure to test and verify your backups to make sure everything is working properly.

Pros: Has an extensive set of options and features, such as incremental and compressed backups, file versioning and the handling of multiple devices.

Cons: It does not have unlimited online storage, so you need to pick your plan for now and then spend more as your space needs grow. Downloading can be a bit slow.

• Reviewed on 27/09/2019
Lee T.
District Manager
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2018

"Nice cloud backup software"

Comments: Peace of mind knowing my files are backed up and are secure.

Pros: Very easy to use. The initial setup doesn't take much time and after the first backup runs, the others take little time. Love the ability to have instant backups on changed files instead of waiting for the nightly backup to run.

Cons: I don't like the fact that even though you delete files from your computer it still saves them in the cloud which takes away from your storage space.

• Reviewed on 12/07/2018
Administrative Director
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2019

"Fantastic Back Up Software"

Comments: Fabulous!

Pros: I love the ease of use and retrieval of files and folders.

Cons: I cannot think of anything that I don't like about this software.

• Reviewed on 31/01/2019
Brian B.
Founder & President
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2018

"Essential cloud backup tool across unlimited devices"

Comments: The phone app will backup photos, videos, SMS, and contacts to iDrive account.

Pros: iDrive is extremely easy to use and performs backups for as many devices as desired. This is a key feature compared to other products that limit you to 5 devices. They also allow backups from external devices which other cloud backup companies prohibit.

Cons: There are newer versions of this software released to keep updating to the newest version weekly.
However, this does offer an extra level of security to the end user.

• Reviewed on 18/03/2018
Pierluigi M.
IT Consultant
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2019

"Best Online Backup service ever."

Comments: By night, my QNAP NAS makes a backup on IDrive. An additional level of safety for my data.

Pros: For a small price, I got a lot of space.
I've interfaced IDrive with my QNAP NAS and I feel safe.

Cons: I can't delete automatically EMPTY folders.

• Reviewed on 09/05/2019
Katherine F.
Gerente de Research & Sales
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2018

"Excellent software for backup and backup"

Pros: It is a tool that has allowed me to create backup copies in a very simple way, I have tried several software of this style and IDrive has worked perfectly for me. It is very useful the function of automatic backup, I really recommend it

Cons: Like any tool, it is expensive and its interface is a little outdated, although it is very easy to use, it is not visually attractive, of rest excellent functions

• Reviewed on 25/04/2018
Miranda K.
Director of Communications
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/03/2020

"Need a remote backup solution for all your devices? iDrive is the answer."

Comments: Overall, I am pleased with this move. We had to find a new backup solution in a hurry after firing our old tech support outsource team, and this was an unbeatable offer.

Pros: Simple setup, fast syncing, and storage capacity that can't be beat. We are currently getting a fantastic deal on unlimited device backups with a huge storage capacity under the iDrive 5TB personal plan. Customer support was fantastic and explained the options we would have under each plan.

Cons: There is a big difference in storage for the 1x user plan and the team-style plans - if only one person or department will manage your backups, the 1x user plan is a steal. If you need to maintain privacy and role tracking, you will pay more, but it's still a great value.

• Reviewed on 24/03/2020
Christopher M.
Assistant accountant
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2020

"My back up software for mobile"

Comments: This idrive is user friendly and i recommend it to my colleagues

Pros: It is easily to back up files from mobile and you can access the idrive application. All you need is set up the the time of back up either daily. Monthly

Cons: The idrive can back up two or more devices. Files cannot be merge to each one so you must not put the same content in the other device to avoid double uploads

• Reviewed on 12/07/2020
Alvaro M.
Analista de Sistemas
Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2018

"Idrive is a very good tool to back up your information, I liked its operation, speed, really it is a"

Comments: Being able to back up sensitive company information

Pros: I really like its ease of use, the speed of your server to upload the files and the simplicity of the interface

Cons: Honestly I like everything, maybe they can improve some aspects, with respect to the graphical interface and the management, but in general terms, it's fine like this

• Reviewed on 16/03/2018
Lance C.
National Sales Manager
Computer Hardware, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2019

"Idrive"

Pros: IDrive Express for bulk uploads Easy Set up Full Disc image backups Easy to back up my MAC and a good value for the money.

Cons: Unlimited storage is not included, only keeps 10 past versions of files.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2019
Camillo D.
Country Manager
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2018

"Only another backup solution"

Pros: I use the backup mobile aplication and it works as it should be, hard to say what a like most for a backup solution, or works or not...

Cons: Poor interface and not well design, they need a update for the app and windows interface. Sometimes the upload time is slow.

• Reviewed on 19/01/2018
Dustin Y.
Self
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2020

"Great Backup Tool!"

Comments: I have not had any issues with the software and I used it for free for a year and I decided to purchase it because its a lot cheaper than most other backups and with more storage. I love having this and its very easy to access from anywhere.

Pros: What I like the most about iDrive is that you can set a backup schedule and it runs without interrupting. My computers back up at around 8pm on a daily basis so I know all of my important files are always safe. I can set many devices and computers to backup as separate backups so nothing gets replaced on accident.

Cons: Sometimes its kind of hard and slow to restore files if you have reformatted or need to restore, but overall its not bad.

• Reviewed on 29/09/2020
Director of Training and Service Excellence
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2018

"Utilize this for the 3rd Leg of a robust home back-up solution"

Comments: It backs up my computers

Pros: Pretty much set and forget it. Completes back-ups daily for my 2 Mac Computers and Ipad. Daily reporting and alerts is a good thing!

Cons: Wish that it had an unlimited back-up plan.
Currently no two-factor authentication.
Slower...wish it had multi threaded back up.

• Reviewed on 07/02/2018
Ruben R.
IT Desktop Admin
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2018

"IDrive makes it easy to store all of my files and documents online with an easy-to-use interface."

Pros: IDrive's user interface is clean and easy to navigate, making all processes associated with using it very easy.

Cons: There really aren't any cons I have. I've suggested using IDrive to several people for it's ease of use.

• Reviewed on 07/05/2018
Summer Intern
Semiconductors
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2018

"Solid backup tool for basic use"

Pros: Very easy to set up initially. Good amount of settings for scheduling and other more advanced tools that I haven't made full use of. 5GB of free storage is good for small applications. Fairly lightweight - doesn't hog system resources

Cons: Constant message asking to upgrade storage size on startup - a little annoying but easy to dismiss. Can be a bit fiddly to do anything more complex than simple folder backups. The tool is comprehensive but sometimes it is not obvious how to do things with it.

• Reviewed on 13/07/2018
Tony B.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2018

"Cloud Storage for an affordable budget."

Comments: I have solved the need for cloud storage and backup. The features offered are endless.

Pros: With cloud storage pricing increasing, IDrive offers a great solution for those looking to switch over to their platform. They offer awesome deals for users that are first time users.

Cons: There are no cons that I believe would steer anyone away from an awesome solution.

• Reviewed on 07/12/2018
Founder, CEO
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2018

"Good option"

Pros: Set it and forget it aspect is great, although not unique to iDrive.

Cons: I continue to get "backup failed" emails, apparently when the program can't access particular files, but it has been difficult to locate the problem files/directories to exclude them from backup and/or determine if they are critical backup items. That said, it appears that most of what I need backed up is working properly.

• Reviewed on 03/08/2018
Juan ignacio C.
Analista de recursos humanos
Consumer Goods, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2018

"IDrive is the best tool to create backups in the cloud"

Comments: With IDrive I have been able to safeguard files that are essential both for my work and for my daily life. It is comfortable to know that your information is stored in a cloud through a backup copy. I recommend it without hesitation

Pros: The configuration is very simple so any user can do it without problem. I really like the option that offers backup copies of the photos I have on my social networks. It has a very good free version. You can work on both Android and Mac

Cons: You must improve the customer service online. The times that I have had the need to go to them have not fulfilled my expectations to clarify the doubts

• Reviewed on 15/10/2018
Technical Consultant
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2018

"Automatically backup our critical documents - restore when needed"

Comments: It backups up files and provides methods so that the admin team can monitor that backups are taking place.

Pros: You configure it to backup and it automatically does it. The interface is simple enough. Setting the back times and schedules is easy. The web interface to allow you to check what is backed up is really useful.

Cons: Adding exceptions feels really tedious, if you want to backup one folder in a folder where there are other folders there isn't a simple way to select/deselect all you have to check each box one by one.
Opening the software can be slow due to the way it builds it index.

• Reviewed on 04/04/2018
Founder and President
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2019

"Great Solution For Cloud Storage"

Pros: Automated scheduled back-up protects all of our data. Could not be more pleased. Good amount of storage at a reasonable cost. Easy to use, easy to retrieve files!

Cons: There's not anything we have disliked about this software. We have been pleased with it overall. Perhaps the ability to sync to iPhone and/or iPad would be helpful to add in our mobile devices.

• Reviewed on 16/07/2019
Freelance
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2020

"IDrive"

Comments: I used Backblaze, but ended up adding on IDrive at the time because I needed a software that I could upload to and also delete the files from my computer, knowing that they would be safe. IDrive was having a deal at the time and seemed to be pretty secure, so I decided to try it out. I will likely be renewing at the end of the year.

Pros: I once opened IDrive, thinking it had been a long time since I backed up my files, only to realize that IDrive had been backing up my files for me everyday.

Cons: The online interface looks a little outdated and can be slightly difficult to maneuver. The app, too. But for the most part, it has done what I wanted it to.

• Reviewed on 09/05/2020
Felipe S.
Architect General Manager
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2019

"Needs improvement"

Comments: Software was a problem, incremental backup it’s a big problem, it makes backups of every file but leaves all the deleted files and versions on the online file. So a 256 GB SSD drive becomes a 700GB file on the online backup! There’s a clean up system in the app but it doesn’work not even with customer support. So I ended paying for extra space I didn’t need!

Pros: Good price for GB, multiple computer backup in one account

Cons: Complicated software and desktop app. Really needs to be updated, and make it friendly for everyday users. Tou don’t get install and forget(until you need it software)

• Reviewed on 22/02/2019
Stephen S.
Principal Attorney
Law Practice
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2018

"Great and Affordable Automated Backup Solution"

Comments: iDrive keeps my files backed up securely in the event of local data loss for a very affordable price

Pros: iDrive is a very affordable and easy way to backup the contents of your computer, Facebook account, mobile device, and Instagram account. It offers a generous amount of storage for an affordable price and runs quietly in the background.

Cons: iDrive does not offer a full disk image backup as of the writing of this review. However, it looks like that feature will soon be available. Nonetheless, it is a great all-in-one backup solution.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2018