Brokermint Reviews

by Brokermint

Filter by:

• Overall

About Brokermint

Complete back office system. Transaction management, commission automation, accounting, agent management, reporting and analytics.

Learn more about Brokermint

Controller
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2019

"Best Features for the Price, Great Customer Service"

Comments: To get a better product, you'd have to spend more money. We found workarounds for any issues we were having, and the cost savings is worth it for that. I think this product would work very well for a brokerage with fewer agents, but we had 100+, so the workarounds were a little time consuming. Overall, as an admin, I like it.

Pros: Brokermint mostly works just how you'd expect, which makes it easy for agents to pick up and start using with little training. Customer service is top of the line. My chats were always answered within a couple minutes. Anything requiring a phone call was easily scheduled within a reasonable time. In an emergency, I could always get help right away. As an admin, I could add an accounting checklist to each transaction, separate from the agent checklist, and I'd use that to upload a copy of the escrow deposit, bank transfer of escrow to commission, and commission payments. The agent could see these and know when they were paid.

Cons: It has a few quirks. One problem for agents is that you can't save a draft of an e-sign document, then come back and finish it later. It's all or nothing. The biggest for admin is that, if an agent has multiple active transactions and is going to cap mid-transaction on the next closing, commissions don't automatically update to reduce the company split on this closing, and they don't automatically zero the company split on the other active transactions. You have to re-apply the commission plan to them, which causes them to recalculate and recognize that the agent is capping.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2019
Kevin J.
Kevin J.
CEO + Managing Broker
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2019

"Clunky User Interface with a Tremendous Learning Curve"

Comments: The team is open to feedback as long as it is positive. If you appear less than 100% positive in the support forums or share your frustrations in a constructive manner, the admins will disable your ability to post or comment on threads. This demonstrates a company with a dysfunctional culture and one that does not align with the values of our organization. If they would listen to the constructive feedback, BrokerMint could truly be something special (I truly believe that). Unfortunately, they are slow to respond to simple things and their actions are alienating customers.

Pros: It has the potential to be an amazing platform as it has all the right elements.

Cons: While it has all the right elements, the user interface is clunky, not intuitive and the result is a tremendous learning curve even for the most tech-savvy real estate professional. A great example of their unusual UI is that all transactions have to either be "pending" or a "listing." If you are preparing an offer to submit to a listing agent, it has to go into the system as a "pending" file, even though it is not. This skews your analytics since you will show a closed/lost rate that is artificially inflated. But wait, there is more. Need to prepare a referral agreement!? Yup, you guessed it -- pending transaction! That is just one of the issues I have with BrokerMint that has lead me to pull the plug at the end of our first contract.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2019
Controller

"120+ Agent Company"

Comments: Overall, I'm happy with Brokermint. Their competition kept telling us it's for very small brokerages, but we haven't had any issues with 120 to 130 agents, and I don't see why it couldn't handle more. If you take the time to set everything up correctly before letting agents use it, they will love it.

Pros: It's very easy to use after getting it set up correctly. We have over 120 agents, and I don't spend a lot of time answering questions. If an agent comes to me with a Brokermint problem, it's usually because I got one of their settings or permissions wrong, and that's on me. I can create reports with a simple drag and drop menu of fields. I can create new fields and incorporate them into reports. Everything can be exported to CSV / Excel. Customer support has always been immediate, whether by phone, email, chat, or screen sharing.

Cons: Nothing major. It would be nice to have triggers that cause events. For example, if no one switches a transaction to closed, we aren't prompted to pay commissions. It would be great if we could be prompted to pay as soon as the broker approves the final required document in the checklist. As it is, we assign the brokers responsibility of switching transactions to closed after approving the final docs. This is to prevent the agent from having to revisit the transaction after submitting everything and getting it approved, just to switch it to closed. There are a few other things that I wish could be automatically triggered. Most of the cons I have would be a matter of convenience.

Jennifer B.
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2019

"Brokermint Review"

Comments: My overall experience has been great. When I reach out for help, someone is always there to assist me with whatever I'm working on. They are very responsive which is hard to find.

Pros: I like the ability of being able to send a document to a client within the software without having to open up another program to send the document for signatures. I also like that on the dashboard you can see how much your have sold for a given year. It keep me motivated to hitting my goal.

Cons: It was a little confusing at first but every time I go into Brokermint I learn something new.

• Reviewed on 06/08/2019
Bob J.
Broker/Owner
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2019

"Well Thought Out Product"

Comments: Go live process was slow and fragmeneted. Customer support is off shored somewhere in Russia or Ukraine and there is no ability to call anyone.

Pros: Add custom fields, dynamic checklists, UI, pipeline view

Cons: No ability to share disclosure packages with a link and no form automation. Skyslope has both of these features. Also no mobile app.

by Brokermint on 25/06/2019

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your feedback!

Your Support rep has sent you a link for training options. Please book at your earliest convenience, or feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]

Hagen R.

"Almost perfect"

Comments: Brokermint help organize transactions in an easy to use manor unlike their competitors.

Pros: Customizable to your needs. You can create your own checklists, esign, etc. Customer service is phenomenal about listening to users and implementing new changes to help benefit end user.

Cons: Mobile/App the mobile version is lacking behind with the rest of the industry. Being able to quickly access full BM on the go would be huge, but the mobile version simply doesn’t cut it.

Sondra H.
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2018

"Amazing product, Keeps everything organized!"

Comments: Being able to break down all the files needed into templated, and then having things uploaded into their respective places-VISUALLY I can see what is needed, what is there and check each transaction quickly and efficiently.

Pros: I love the ease with which I can upload docs from anywhere! The assigning and splicing are so very simple, it is literally my fault if something is wrong.

Cons: The issue with Microsoft Edge causing lag times is a pain, but Edge is causing issues with everyone, so I really cant blame Brokermint --I just wish there was some kind of 'if this takes more than X amount of time...' warning. I also wish that IF there is a lag/refresh situation, that Brokermint would REMEMBER what had been typed instead of my having to do the input again.

Jennifer H.
Owner/Broker

"Easy and Powerful"

Comments: I feel that they have grown with me. I was just getting started in my brokerage and chose BM for my back office system. Along the way, I have enjoyed seeing the new features, the small fixes that make a huge difference, and the support staff has always been easy to get in touch with and super friendly. I highly recommend BM to agents and brokers.

Pros: I love the offer portal for my listings, the activity list to check that you send all of the documents to the correct people. I love the templates and the new feature to add more documents onto one electronic signature request.

Cons: I don't like that when you email someone a document or an update, you can not really get a response or an attachment if they sent it to you through the Brokermint email.

• Reviewed on 25/01/2018

"Excellent features, a very good option for many real estate teams or brokerages, but not perfect."

Comments: The ability to store and organize files, to easily access data and run reports, and the ability to create checklists to stay on top of files.

Pros: I love the ability to easily create checklists and assign them to various people. It's easy to upload documents and run reports, too.

Cons: It is not easily integrated with other major software companies, such as dotloop. This makes it difficult to communicate with other teams or offices, especially to share documents. We are a team within a real estate office. Our office uses dotloop, but our team prefers Brokermint. The problem we face is that it is impossible to share data between the platforms, so I have to duplicate the work in order to use our team preference and also send files via dotloop with the office staff. I wish Brokermint allowed actual documents (not just links) to be emailed out. If they could enable that feature, then I would be able to email documents directly into dotloop, which would make Brokermint a much better product overall!

• Reviewed on 25/01/2018
Jessica T.
Brokerage Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2019

"Broker Mint"

Comments: I wish we had a bit more assistance from our BM team setting up the product. I have never seen the set-up check list. Have yet to have our sliding commission plans entered for us though we have requested. I think our account rep is a bit busy. We've had a no show for one call - but the calls are booked in 30 min increments. I have found calls take a bit longer. maybe offer large blocks of time? as needed? Not feeling the love currently.

Pros: Love the interface. Visually appealing. Functions are simple. Like that we can create/build out fields as needed. Document storage is great of team sharing. E-signature is awesome.

Cons: Wish it were a bit easier to cater some of the backend (hard coded) fields to fit the language of commercial real estate. Would love to have invoicing functionality within the system - but i do realize it integrates with Quickbooks - just have to convince our accounting dept of the value of connecting the products

• Reviewed on 19/06/2019
Jessie S.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2019

"Brokermint Review"

Comments: Overall, Brokermint has been a positive addition to our company.

Pros: It has transformed the way we organize ourselves within the brokerage and has provided the admin team a fast, easy process to review documents. I also like that it connects to Quickbooks. It's given us the ability to better streamline payment to our agents.

Cons: The commissions tab is limited and there are a few features that could be tweaked slightly for a great benefit to users. For example, I'd like to be able to set more specific notification settings. Sometimes it seems like the support team doesn't truly understand Real Estate.

• Reviewed on 26/06/2019
Linda L.
Owner / Realtor
  • Reviewed on 09/06/2019

"You asked, I answered"

Comments: It's a good program. We like it (except for the above problems).

Pros: There's a lot we like. ((what I don't like is to have to answer questions that I don't want to - with a minimum of 44 characters))

Cons: The inefficiency when going through your calendar of tasks between the task and the email template.
Blacked out screen if I use the back button instead of your green back button on my computer.
The inability to change the titles along the left side of the screen.

• Reviewed on 09/06/2019
Julia M.
REALTOR®
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2019

"Ease of use"

Pros: I've been using Brokermint for 3+ years since joining a new real estate firm. I was not involved in the set up of the system for our needs, however as a user I find it easy to understand, learn new features and stay organized. I would recommend this to anyone wanting a system to stay organized with transaction management.

Cons: No cons at this point in time. Unsure of cost as a user, so I cannot comment on that.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2019

"BrokerMint Review"

Comments: It has been a pleasant experience. We haven't encountered any problems that the support team hasn't been able to quickly solve for us.

Pros: The customization. I like being able to create custom checklists and tasks for our company and rename document placeholders. I also like to ease of splitting and combining documents within the software.

Cons: The "Checklists" and "Documents" sections seem redundant and I wish they were combined in one spot.

Phillip B.
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2019

"New User"

Comments: I use it to input new contracts and to close deals.

Pros: It's easy to use. I didn't go through any of the training and figured it out instantly. Very user friendly workflow.

Cons: The buildout, which is the fault of my company. Too many redundancies. They created forms for us to use and then constantly ask for additional information. Example: i constantly get emails asking for fax numbers or email addresses. I complete their company forms to the letter and follow Broker Mint's workflow, then why are they asking me for additional information? They should request that in the forms or workflow.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2019
Marilyn V.
Business Manager
  • Reviewed on 23/01/2018

"BROKERMINT IS SUPER EASY TO NAVAGAITE"

Comments: Basically serves all off our system needs for processing real estate transactions reports archives

Pros: Super easy to use. Perfect for our brokerage. I like all the reports I can run I like how easy i.can drop documents into place. Easy to check paperwork and track. Great for warehousing our infomation.

Cons: I wish they would make it slicker looking in terms of the main menu. That pipeline is kinda of unsophisticated looking.

• Reviewed on 23/01/2018
Charles P.
Charles P.
Marketing Specialist
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2018

"The Ideal Software for Real Estate"

Comments: Brokermint has allowed our business to grow in ways we previously did not think possible. Transactions are expedited and everyone is on the same page at all times. I highly recommend it to any business attempting to streamline their workflow.

Pros: The ease of functionality for keeping track of every step of the purchase process, both pre- and post-transaction, maintains workflow in a busy office environment, virtually capable of running your entire business logistically.

Cons: To be honest, this software is fully sufficient for our business needs and does not need any improvements at this time.

Malinda H.
Malinda H.
Transaction Coordinator

"Brokermint"

Pros: It is user friendly and for the most part customizeable

Cons: There are still a lot of bugs that require the help of customer support which is a bit inconvenient when in the middle of processing a transaction.

David adam K.
David adam K.
Broker/ Owner
  • Reviewed on 27/12/2018

"Great program for the cost!"

Pros: Brokermint allows us to stay compliant and that is critical for any brokerage. It also allows us to stay very organized with our agents. We are at 100 agents now and without Brokermint it would be a nightmare to keep it all together.

Cons: I wish it had the capability to help with accounting. Like charging agents for services - monthly charges, fees, etc. And allow us to know if our agents have balances with us when we create a CDA. Basically, accounting in the same software would make this a total win.

COO
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2019

"I built my brokerage on this software."

Comments: I was able to free up 4 hours of audit time every day. This software has made the biggest difference in our company​ growth.

Pros: Brokermint has been extremely easy to use and train agents on. We needed software that could be easily​ learned by 30 or 60 year-old agents. They fit the bill.

Cons: Growth is slow. New features are amazing, but I​ wish they happened faster.

Katie R.
office manger
Research, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2019

"Great program"

Pros: I like the ease of use and navigation of Brokermint. Great value.

Cons: I don't like how you can open a "pop-up" window to add information but if you click anywhere off of it, the window will close-losing all the typed info, it should only close with a cancel or enter button. I would also like to add checklists for hiring new agents in a separate library? or some place to track all of their paperwork. I have been looking into other programs for this.

• Reviewed on 06/06/2019
Rana L.
Transaction Coordinator
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/12/2018

"Very User Friendly & Fine Tuning"

Comments: I have had zero issues, just wishing for a little fine tuning.

Pros: I love that I can just drop everything into the "Unsorted" folder and organize from there.

Cons: What I would like to see is that when a document is deleted from a placeholder, it goes into the "Unsorted" folder vs. being deleted completely.

Susan M.
Broker / Owner
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2019

"Brokermint Meets Most of Our Needs"

Comments: Overall Brokermint is the best product for our business needs. Would still love more features but they do continue to improve their product. They are also quick to respond to our needs.

Pros: I like how most of the features are easy to use for most of my agents.

Cons: I dislike the prices being raised as features are added.

Sandy W.

"Tools"

Comments: I sign in every day to see what else I need to complete for my ongoing transactions.
I have not had any issues and my experience is nothing but positive.

Pros: I use Brokermint everyday. Keeps me so on top of my daily tasks and I highly recommend it.
I find it a valuable tool . Love it..

Cons: Nothing major.
Just frustrating when I have things that should be deleted because they are not applicable to the deal and I have to wait and get an administrator to delete for me.

Emily B.
Transaction Coordinator/Director of Operations

"Brokermint Review-Admin use"

Comments: Overall experience has been great so far, the reporting and tracking of tasks and documents/activity is so valuable to our business model and for all users to be kept in the loop on status of their transaction. This has been a great way for me to communicate with our agents, clients, and outside parties to the transaction to ensure that we stay on track.

Pros: The reporting is very easy and having the ability to create and edit task lists and track all activity on our transactions is invaluable. I appreciate having the ability to email users documents and information through the system easily.

Cons: I would like to be able to reply to the email responses I receive via Brokermint as well as receive notifications for all email responses, not just ones sent containing documents.
For reporting/navigation, I would like to be able to easily go back to my sorted transactions or reports as opposed to going back and having to resort everything. (This could just be a lack of knowledge on my part as the user)