15 years helping British businesses

PayPal Zettle Reviews

4.6 (2,264) Write a Review!

About PayPal Zettle

Accept card and contactless payments in person with our selection of chip, tap, and swipe readers and accessories.

Learn more about PayPal Zettle

Pros:

Lots of great features and integrates well with website or even email links etc. I can create sales buttons for my site or links for payment within seconds.

Cons:

There was no major features of this software that I disliked.

PayPal Zettle ratings

4.6
4.3
4.5
4.5

8.7/10

PayPal Zettle has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 2,264 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used PayPal Zettle before?

Filter reviews (2,264)

Angela
Angela
Retail, Self Employed

Zettle Was a Godsend

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I no longer use Zettle but when I did it was everything it claims to be! It did everything from in store payments to online payments even On The Go payments! highly Recommend!

Cons:

the price change was not a deal breaker but did factor into my change of POS Systems.

Kelly
Sales associate in US
Retail, Self Employed

Easier payments for all

4.0 last month New

Comments: I plan to keep using it for my sales and will recommend it to others who are doing similar sales

Pros:

Capability to print receipts. Most do not care for receipts anymore but there are handful who do (older generation). Minimal processing fee

Cons:

No concerns with use, my personal sales have started to increase so decided to give this a try and so far working well.

Abigail
Abigail
Physician - CEO in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Not a good platform for health care providers

Comments: Terrrible. Do it their way or get lost. If you use Health Savings Account Cards as part of your practice, then this is NOT the company for you. They lock down my account every few weeks. I am a licensed primary care physician in the State of Oregon. They lock down my account regularly due to the clinic accepting Health Savings Account Cards (as do all doctors) which usually only have magnetic strips, not chips. Zettle readers are unable to process magnetic strips and can only ready chips. Magnetic strips require manual entry into Zettle. This locks down our account as Paypal assumes fraud. No matter how many times I call, send them copies of my medical and DEA license, and explain that I am a doctor and this is part of my practice - they continue every few weeks to lock up my money and threaten to further impede my business unless I clear up this presumed "fraudulent" activity. Their workaround is that I should log into Paypal manually every time a patient uses an HSA account and enter it into their online site. Since we use Zettle for inventory management including the inventory of controlled substances like testosterone pellets and RX injectables which is required by the DEA, that would NEVER work. Secondly, it is extra work for my front desk staff that is already hard-pressed to keep up with their workload and has people waiting to check in and out of the clinic. If you are in health care - stay away. This is NOT the company for you

Pros:

I can't say that I really liked anything about Paypal. It is a pretty standard POS system but with the inability to track customers.

Cons:

No ability to scan HSA cards which locks down your account for presumed "fraudulent" activity as these must be entered manually into Zettle especially if you are using Zettle to manage inventory. Their solution is to enter them into the Paypal screen online manually. This is rather hard when we use Zettle to manage inventory and track P&L on products. My staff is hard-pressed at the front desk to keep up as is and logging into their site every time we need to use an HSA is ludicrous and will completely ruin our inventory and P&L data. It happens every few weeks and then they ask you to "prove" your legitimacy as a business all over again. The fact that you sent them your DEA and medical license 30 days ago is seemingly lost on their staff. You are a pariah! They don't look at the notes and just cut you off all over again. Stay away from this company!!Also, no ability to tie sales to patients which is frustrating.

Ricky
Hairstylist in US
Cosmetics, Self Employed

Zettle is ok but not for PayPal working capital!

Comments: The zettle POS is ok. The first one stopped working after a week so I had to wait for a replacement. As far as PayPal goes, the credit card processing and deposits are quick and easy and you have a lot of options. However, overall, I have to give them a zero because of the bait and switch.

Pros:

Ease of use and deposit speed. The handheld payment terminal connects to my phone via Bluetooth. I just opene the zettle app on my phone, put in the items or charges and the customer uses a small keypad to pay using tap or chip (it doesn't have a magstrip reader tho).

Cons:

We do not like the fact that we feel like it was a bait and switch when it comes to the PayPal-iZettle and PayPal's working capital loans. As told to, we used the platform over one year and met the income amount by almost double but could not get the working capital loan. For two years now PayPal has been giving a run-around about this issue saying PayPal doesn't recognize the zettle pos sales as a sale it can deduct payment from but they are working hard to have a fix very soon. As of today, after many calls, the still have not fixed the issue so I feel I was lured in by promise of a working capital loan if I met certain requirements, then I did everything right and boom, bait and switch, no loan for zettle users.

RUKSANA
Home service center in India
Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2–10 Employees

Home service center

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: PayPal Zettle offers a streamlined and user-friendly platform for small businesses to accept payments. Its intuitive interface and range of features make it a convenient option for merchants. Additionally, its integration with PayPal provides added flexibility and security. Overall, it's a solid choice for businesses looking for a reliable point-of-sale solution.

Pros:

What I like most about PayPal Zettle is its seamless integration with PayPal, offering a comprehensive ecosystem for managing payments both online and offline. The user-friendly interface, quick setup, and the ability to accept a wide range of payment methods enhance the overall experience for both businesses and customers. Additionally, the detailed analytics and reporting features provide valuable insights into sales performance, which is crucial for making informed business decisions.

Cons:

One common complaint about PayPal Zettle is its fee structure, which some users find a bit steep compared to other payment processors.

Salah
Gérant in France
Publishing, 2–10 Employees

PayPal Zettle, a complete payment solution

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: PayPal Zettle is an intuitive payment solution, ideal for small and medium-sized businesses thanks to its comprehensive functionality and integration with PayPal. Overall, it's a reliable tool for sales management.

Pros:

I've been using PayPal Zettle for over two years now, and I've particularly appreciated its comprehensive features for payment and sales management, which are very accessible and uncomplicated. What's more, the transparent pricing and efficient customer support add to its value for small and medium-sized businesses.

Cons:

I find that transaction fees are relatively high, which can weigh on small businesses, as well as some customization limitations for advanced features.

Marcos
Shop foreman in US
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

Streamlining sales and inventory even while you're awake

5.0 last month New

Comments: When we install the people zero it was free. As we get a long way you realize that there's more product and software to update and so forward. We begin to buy these many different softwares to keep up with our inventory or management. Everything money they kept us experience has been easy. Fast learning and it keeps you on track

Pros:

They keep track of all the products inside your store and outside the store doesn't matter what anybody says. All you have to do is look at the data and honesty is kept within you and your boys and you make money

Cons:

Can't believe it's so free. Hopefully it's still doing great years from now. Are they improve? I know there's more room for improvement as far as I know. Love it!

Gourab
Helping people in India
Animation, Self Employed

This platform is a very great and helpful for any people whatever they are staying in any country

5.0 last month New

Comments: This platform is really good and tha customer support with survice is to good

Pros:

Withdrawal processing and no conversion fee

Cons:

Processing timing is very great full for me atleast

Nathalie
Licensed Insurance Agent in US
Insurance, 10,000+ Employees

Processing Payments In Person Is A Breeze With Paypal Zettle

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My overall experience with PayPal Zettle is wonderful. The setup was easy.

Pros:

I love that it not only takes credit and debit card payments, but it also prints out receipts!

Cons:

I can't think of anything I don't like about Paypal Zettle. It works great.

MD
PayPal Zettle in Saudi Arabia
Alternative Medicine, Self Employed

This is a best site

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

To me this is the absolute best and safest way toperform any sales or person-to-person financialtransactions! There is also a "PayPal in 4"opportunity that allows you to make a purchasetoday and pay it off within 4 installments, with nointerest. This can be helpful if payday is maybe aweek or two away. The money would be withdrawnfrom a debit or credit card, or linked financialaccount. Reputable sellers allow PayPal, and indoing so fills out shipping destinations. Never hadany problem.

Cons:

The variety of fees depending on transaction types can be confusing and make it difficult to predict overall costs accurately.

Jennifer
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Great for POS

Pros:

I like that it’s easy to use and has excellent reports

Cons:

The only thing that I wish PayPal here would do is work with a PC computer

Frank
Business Mgr. in US
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

Very Helpful to a Small Business

Comments: We run an online auction and have 50 people a week coming to pick up their items. Some can pay with cash but in this day and age offering another option is critical. We do not accept checks but PayPal is a great tool for our customers.

Pros:

The ability to receive funds without the worry of waiting for them to clear or become NSF. I receive an instant notification when funds are received from a customer.

Cons:

The fees to receive funds should be a tad bit lower. I understand there is no subscription for the product I am using so there does need to be some type of revenue for the app, but as a small business these funds can quickly eat into our profit margin.

Mary
President/Owner in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

PayPal Here is a One Stop Payment Center

Comments: Witn the Paypal here app, I have found that people are more likely to buy items if I offer Paypal here. People seem to trust the app because they know the name. It also makes my bookkeeping easier since so many of my online payments already go through Paypal.

Pros:

I have to admit that when I first heard of the app, I was a little skeptical. Ok, maybe more like scared. I have been using Paypal for Payments since it first came on line and it's one thing to have someone use Paypal with an online purchase, get paid and ship your package and another to have someone use an app to pay and walk off with their purchase. All sorts of things went through my mind. Mostly, what if there's a glitch and I can't get my money. Well, this is one easy app to use and, at least from my experience, seems like something customers want. It makes paying much easier, adds it to my Paypal account and, at least with me, eliminates any need for a regular merchant account. My experience has also shown that the money goes right into my account and if there is a question about a charge that shows up on a customer's statement(usually it's someone who doesn't know that the name of my company.I use Paypal here at a lot of vintage and artists markets), Paypal quickly fixes the problem. I love the product and, like Paypal itself, has served me well over the years. I have looked at other payment options, but, at this point, I'm staying with Paypal here!

Cons:

There really isn't anything I dislike about this product. It is extremely easy to use. I can't think of anything that I would change. I even like the shape of the scanner.

Ofori
Good health in Ghana
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Revolutionizing Payment Processing: A Game-Changing Review of PayPal Zettle

Comments: PayPal Zettle is often praised for its user-friendly interface, versatility, and mobility. Users appreciate the ease of setting up their accounts, managing inventory, and processing payments through the intuitive app. The ability to accept payments anywhere, whether it's in-store or on the go, is highly valued by small businesses and mobile vendors.The integration capabilities of PayPal Zettle are also frequently mentioned as a positive aspect. Users find it convenient to sync their PayPal Zettle services with other PayPal offerings, enabling seamless access to transaction data, sales reports, and real-time analytics. This integration empowers businesses to make informed decisions and track their performance effectively.Affordability and transparent pricing are other aspects that users appreciate about PayPal Zettle. The competitive pricing structure, particularly suited for small businesses and startups, is considered a valuable feature.Customer support is generally regarded as responsive and helpful, with users reporting prompt assistance and guidance in resolving any issues or inquiries.While there are areas for improvement, such as occasional connectivity issues, limited payment options, inventory management limitations, and occasional delays in transaction processing, these concerns are not prevalent across all user experiences.

Pros:

User-friendly Interface: Many users appreciate the intuitive and easy-to-navigate interface of PayPal Zettle. The app provides a seamless experience, allowing users to quickly set up their account, manage inventory, and process payments.Versatility and Mobility: PayPal Zettle offers flexibility by enabling businesses to accept payments anywhere, whether it's in-store or on the go. Its portable card reader and smartphone compatibility make it convenient for small businesses and mobile vendors.Integration and Analytics: The integration capabilities of PayPal Zettle are highly regarded. Users appreciate the seamless syncing with other PayPal services and the ability to access transaction data, sales reports, and analytics in real-time. This feature empowers businesses to make informed decisions and track their performance.Competitive Pricing: PayPal Zettle offers transparent and competitive pricing structures for its services. Users appreciate the affordability and value for money, especially for small businesses and startups.

Cons:

Limited Payment Options: While PayPal Zettle offers various payment methods, including card payments, there have been requests for additional options such as support for alternative payment systems or digital wallets.

Fabian
Civil Engineer in Ecuador
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Get rid of ties and tortuous banking procedures, just use PayPal Zettle

Comments: The experience with PayPal Zettle SoftWare has been satisfactory, we have increased our sales and expanded our field of action, time, economic and human resources have been optimized, it has been a magnificent investment since with it many inconveniences that we had with it have been solved. the recession caused by the Covid19 pandemic, with this tool we have fulfilled our sales program without any problem.

Pros:

It is worth the investment of this tool, it is an easy-to-use system, it allows you to have an inventory control with photographic history or barcode or as you best decide, in addition to having your income secure without counting on the cumbersome methods of the traditional financial systems to carry out your transactions, saving time and money, you can customize the processes in an orderly manner at the time of billing, the most important thing is that you have control all the time in each process, you have the support and technical backing of the service of attention to the client of the creators of this important SoftWare, that take care of all the needs and doubts of their clients. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.

Cons:

If we start to analyze this system in relation to others with similar characteristics and functionality, the PayPal Zettle SoftWare has certain things that do not even reach the point of disqualification, the inconveniences that arise are solved with a brief chat with the customer service and it is solved immediately, it is what we have verified in our company.

Elizabeth
Retail, 11–50 Employees

A Fantastic Way To Start!

Comments: Overall, this was a great POS for our company to start with at mobile markets. It was simple and straightforward and I found the customer support to be great! If you need/want a simple POS to get you started, give it a try!

Pros:

This was an easy way to get started with a POS. It was free and simple to setup. I found it very simple to change the products around, as well as prices. The app is simple to install across different devices and platforms and it works just as well on my android as it does on my staff's iPhone. Adding products to the shopping cart and checking out is a breeze. Also, it is simple to change tax rates within the app. This was helpful for mobile events that we needed to change the tax rate temporarily. It also worked well for multiple people to use at different events. Finally, the company was awesome at sending more swipers to get us setup. We realized that we needed 5 people to be able to ring up product across multiple events at a given time and paypal was quick to send us more swipers and get us up and running!

Cons:

There isn't much style to the app. This doesn't really matter, but once our company was established and we started using a different POS in our store, this was only used as a backup and my staff actually complained that there weren't pictures of the products.

Harley
Construction, 2–10 Employees

My "Go To" Billing System

Comments: Makes record keeping and accounting a breeze for a small business.

Pros:

Extremely user friendly. I use it exclusively for my companies billing as I provide service work and when paid through PayPal it automatically shows invoices marked paid. Recent loan program is also utilized and easy to use. Just set the percentage of money you want to have credited to loan and it is seamless. Never have to schedule a payment

Cons:

It would be nice if cost were to be lowered for extensive usage as percentage can add up quickly, it seems the cost should be capped or percentage lowered the more utilized

Maikel
Manager in Canada
Automotive, Self Employed

Safe but costy

Comments: Since I have started Papal, I always had great experience, its safe, reliable and secure: The 3 words when you deal with clients and money. customer service is understanding and reliable. PayPal offers more ways to connect with them than the traditional banks. Also, the fact that you get a code for each "situation" you have it facilites the exchange of information. With PayPal you can general many kind of reports, something that normal bank account dont all have.

Pros:

At the time of Covid, we are always looking for new ways to keep transactions cashless. This new feature with Paypal gives me, as a seller, a new way to get paid. It is great to have this add on for my business because many clients rely on Paypal for their purchases/sells. Not Paypal is becoming more centralised for all my sells. Also clients appreciate it because they have all their favorite methods of payment under same same application. It replaces the old fashion "apple wallet or google pay"

Cons:

The cost of this feature is expensive to the seller. If we compare it to other debit/credit cards terminal on the market, it costs more.

We use this exclusively for credit card payments in our bakery

Comments: I am able to take payments anywhere as I can run them through my cell phone, and I don't have to pay an outrageous monthly payment for the "privilege" of using a dedicated credit card processing system. PLUS the money appears in my account immediately so I can use it right away if I need to.

Pros:

I have been a Paypal user for 14 years and trust them. I like that the PayPal Here app allows me to take payments on my cell phone (or other mobile device) anywhere. I use this to accept credit card payments at my bakery and also for my other businesses as well. Unlike other mobile payment apps, the money appears in my account immediately (thanks, Paypal!) so I can use it that day to purchase supplies or whatever I need. And I'm not spending an arm and a leg each month for a credit card processing system.

Cons:

The pros so greatly outweigh any possible cons that I can't really think of any. I suppose it is a bit of an annoyance to pay extra to key in a credit card that won't swipe correctly, but really it's just a petty annoyance, not really a con.

Silvanus
Silvanus
Distributor Management System Administrator in Nigeria
Dairy, 501–1,000 Employees

PAY & RECEIVE MONEY ROUND THE WORLD

Comments: on a general note, PayPal is proven to worth the trust given so far.
Absolutely no regret has been recorded and i will recommend PayPal over and and over many other online money channeling merchants.
you can trust my word for it

Pros:

Using PayPal has given a whole lot of advantages to remote job people to receive money easily for their services anytime Receiving money via PayPal does not have any unnecessary hidden charges or exorbitant tax payable compared to many similar online merchants

Cons:

The restrictions placed on some developing countries need to be reconsidered as it happens that these people constitute a huge population of user that PayPal could take advantage of The Verification processes of Business entities registering for a business account with PayPal need to be more detailed so as to safeguard users money and dealings

Eric
Freelance Accountant in Ghana
Accounting, Self Employed

PayPal Zettle: An Efficient Point of Sale (POS) System and Payment Platform for Businesses

Comments: The framework is very simple, it has a simple plan and its functions include a system where you can see the payment history, sends receipt of every transaction and can likewise configure the POS framework, without any hindrance. However, I think they should add more features to better integrate with various online accounts. The framework is very simple, it has a simple plan and its functions include a system where you can see the payment history, sends receipt of every transaction and can likewise configure the POS framework, without any hindrance. However, I think they should add more features to better integrate with various online accounts.

Pros:

This product is super easy to use. Indeed, even those with little information on it can utilize it easily. This product is super easy to use. Indeed, even those with little information on it can utilize it easily. It integrates with your PayPal account and the vast majority of customers know about it. The system permits you to build a product library where you can import a product list from a spreadsheet, group the products by category, descriptions, etc. New products can be added, as well. Inventory can be managed from the system and you'll be notified when it is time to restock the products.

Cons:

The system requires an account with PayPal which incorporates their terms and handling charges. For security, the system logs out regularly, which causes some frustration (only sometimes) on a portion of clients. While it is easy to use, it requires some training for individuals that have never used it before to transactions are processed accurately. It normally takes a few uses before newer users feel comfortable using it with certainty.

Cheikh
SEO in Senegal
Internet, 11–50 Employees

my opinion on paypal

Comments: Paypal is the best way to pay

Pros:

With Paypal, you can pay on many websites, send and receive money almost anywhere in the world, create invoices and also link your visa card to facilitate transactions.

Cons:

The only drawback I find with Paypal is the fact that it doesn't exist in certain African countries like Togo for example, but apart from that everything's fine.

Epiphanie
independant in Côte d’Ivoire
Utilities, Self Employed

PAYPAL ZETTLE revise

Comments: Excellent! I have been a customer for over 1 years without any worries, as a saleswoman and buyer. I think the customer service is excellent and we talk to resourceful people who listen and express themselves well.

Pros:

An online payment usually offers different options: credit card, debit card, bank transfer (which slows down the process because it is necessary to check the arrival of the money), and Paypal Zettle . In the latter case, this option makes it possible to secure the user since he does not have to give his data as in credit cards, but Paypal Zettle is rather associated with a bank account and thus offers a certain confidentiality when it comes to performing this transaction efficiently.

Cons:

It is a platform that asks for commissions on certain transactions. Paypal Zettle charges a commission to the seller for the use of Paypal Zettle as a payment platform if it has a type of business and the sale is related to it. But he does not bill when a payment is made to an individual or to a company that has already set its price before the product purchased. There are personal and business account options that will be used in case you wish to associate a specific company as a payment option.

Mohamed
Mohamed
graphic designer in Saudi Arabia
Design, 1,001–5,000 Employees

PayPal Zettle is great for everyone

Comments: just loved it.

Pros:

1- The payment solution is compatible with most vendors.2- carry out online transactions without having to communicate my bank details.3- Paypal can take control of the dispute and try to find a solution. It's a principle of trust that I really like.in general, It's easy to use and perfect for in-person selling.

Cons:

Nothing. just one thing is PayPal security takes too long to accept new payments from a new PayPal account and that is waste of time.

Malick
Free Lance in Senegal
Computer Software, Self Employed

A very complete and useful product for its use in the business

Comments: For the use of this product it has helped me a lot in my business, and very practical for its use on the national and international market. I highly recommend

Pros:

Paypal Zettle is a very high quality instrument with multiple advantages that allows its multiple users around the world. As a user in the first place it makes it easy for me to use for all my transactions in my daily life. I highly recommend its use to others without hesitation.

Cons:

The price is still quite high compared to its direct competitor, which is 100 percent free. I think it's a pity that the best tutorials I found are those made by users on YouTube for example, and not directly by the company. I discovered several features by searching for hours on the internet when they could have been detailed in the tutorials.