15 years helping British businesses

About Google Cloud

Cloud-based service that allows you to create anything from simple websites to complex applications for businesses of all sizes.

Learn more about Google Cloud

Pros:

The integration with other Google products is particularly impressive and makes it easy to set up.

Cons:

In case you have low Internet speed at your workplace, you will surely struggle with this platform.

Google Cloud ratings

4.4
4.3
4.6
4.4

8.7/10

Google Cloud has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 1,834 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Google Cloud before?

Filter reviews (1,834)

Zack
Zack
Project Manager in Canada
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

The useful extra storage

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

The ability to upgrade for more storage.

Cons:

Has issue with technical difficulties in verification of I am a human not a robot.

Oil & Energy, 51–200 Employees

Most secure drive

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: The ease of use of this platform makes it the best choice for me. It supports many data formats. For upgrades it does not require downtime. Customer support is quite good.

Pros:

It stands out for its ease of use, with intuitive configuration and management. Really easy to use. Customer service is fast and efficient. I use it on a daily basis for office and personal work. The feature set is extensive and comprises much more than a database, with seamless integration into existing workflows. Its simplicity ensures smooth business continuity. Google Backup & DR is a very good decision and investment. Set it and forget it, knowing that your data is safe.

Cons:

Limited free storage can be quickly depleted with large photos and files, forcing you to pay for more storage. I still find it invaluable.

Martin
Martin
Freelancer in Czechia
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Complex cloud management tool

3.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Not very intuitive but features rich tool for cloud management.

Pros:

Contains lots of features for cloud management. Lots of support functionalities like spend overview, cloud monitoring, SDK libraries, CLI applications. Allows to deploy docker images for production environment.

Cons:

Very complex tool. Like other Google applications it isn't very user friendly and can be really hard to set up / configure anything. You need to read docs carefully to do nearly anything.

Ryan
Developer in Indonesia
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Best Cloud Service to Get Started

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Compared to other major cloud services, Google Cloud might be the best place to get started with cloud services. The console is very user friendly which makes it easier for new users to utilize the cloud. It is also great for expert cloud users since it has a lot of services that is similar to other cloud services.

Cons:

The customer support (especially the quota increase process) wasn't very enjoyable but I did get help in the end. The process was just more tedious and long.

Construction, 501–1,000 Employees

My Opinion

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Awesome but need to give free service for students for training purposes without bank card details.

Pros:

GCP are my preferred platform because of its scalability, global Infrastructure, cutting-edge technology, integration with Google services and security.

Cons:

Cost for students, complexity and training.

Leslie
CEO in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Everyone needs at least one Cloud

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Excellent in every way. It always offers peace of mind to know that what ever is in "the cloud" is secure and I never have to think about it.

Pros:

Everything. There is nothing to dislike about Cloud, unless you fill it up. But there is an easy cure, just get more storage!

Cons:

There are no cons for me. At All!!!!! I was not familiar with what the Google Cloud was or what it did. But as I became familiar with it and what it was capable of I wished I had been able to use it way before I did.

Sabrina
Systems Developer in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

The Dependable Cloud Solution for Secure Storage

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Google Cloud has absolute confidence in matters storage, convenient accessibility and information monitoring.

Pros:

Google Cloud has a defined and accessible cloud space. The development of accessibility structures gives the software quality performance.

Cons:

Google Cloud has exceeded our storage desires without discouragement or challenges.

Destiny
RFSW in US
Human Resources, 51–200 Employees

Store Important Documents

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Secure tool. Does cost to enhance and increase storage. Assistance is also readily and easily available.

Pros:

I love Gmail so Google Cloud is easy to use with my Gmail. There is a LOT that Google Cloud has to offer so it can be intimidating at first trying to navigate and get a hang of the system. It is relatively inexpensive to pay to increase storage/services. Help is also easy to access if needed. The system is also great at protecting data. Very secure tool.

Cons:

Although it is inexpensive to expand Google Cloud it does cost monthly fees to enhance its full potential. Storage fees can add up though depending on how much you are attempting to store. It can also be intimating when first opened and can take some getting used to.

Iyer
Iyer
National Sales Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Google Cloud - The Fort Knox of Cloud Storage

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: By far this product satisfies our needs perfectly, it does what it says it does, and better than anyone else.

Pros:

the sheer amount of space Google can handle as well as the safety of mind in trusting their security protocols, and the cost is feasible if not industry leading.

Cons:

It can be a lengthly process to upload large amounts of files, that would be the only complaint I could list.

Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Making the switch to the Cloud

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Amazing. Has changed the way we do business.

Pros:

Easily access and share documents and records across job functions.

Cons:

There isn't anything I don't like about the product.

Patrick
Photo Editor in US
Design, 2–10 Employees

Speed Up You're Website!

Comments: I do website design and work with a lot of images and videos on customer sites so having a platform i can utilize to my the site more responsive is something my clients love as well as the visitors. lets face it, when you go to a site and it lagging you usually end up leaving and looking somewhere else and your client looses money. Having Google Cloud keeps people connected.

Pros:

Website speed is crucial of business as well as personal. With Google cloud you don't have to store those large files, video files and images all on your site which slows it down a lot. You can easily add it to google cloud and just copy and paste the links into your website so the load time of your site is improved up to about 80%.

Cons:

Google cloud offers a free version but you are limited to the amount of data and bandwidth and if you need a lot more space and bandwidth you could easy be paying well over $100 a month.

Cengiz Barkın
Game Developer in Bahamas
Computer Games, 11–50 Employees

Google Cloud: An Unforgettable Experience

Comments: Overall, my experience with Google Cloud was excellent. The setup process was streamlined and the customer service was top-notch. My data was secure and I was able to manage my cloud environment without any issues.

Pros:

Google Cloud provided an intuitive, user-friendly experience that made setting up and managing my cloud environment a breeze. The support team was knowledgeable and always available to help answer questions. The cloud platform was reliable and provided a secure environment for my data.

Cons:

Google Cloud is not the most cost-effective option, as there are cheaper alternatives available. There were also some issues with the user interface being a bit clunky at times.

Zuhairah
Zuhairah
Marketing Communications Specialist in Malaysia
Internet, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Manage multiple clud storage form one platform

Pros:

I'm delighted to use Google Cloud at work to create my documentation most quickly and straightforwardly possible. This process doesn't depend on my Computers operating framework, so I can be assured that this information will be saved and not lost. It's straightforward and accessible to anybody. I believe it is ideal for group planning or business-related tasks. I also love the fact that anybody may make changes to the archive.

Cons:

What I dislike the most about this software is that report are regularly lost by accident. Searching for some of my records may be incredibly difficult. It is usually challenging to use initially to persuade others to do so. I believe it took some time for me to become indeed known.

Kamal
Technical Support in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Cloud computing made easy

Comments: It's the best cloud computing platform I've used.

Pros:

The GCP has made the deployment of development practices easy. Creating and Launching virtual instances is very fast. You are billed only when instances are running. The free trial credit makes it superb and standout among others.

Cons:

The only disadvantage is that it assigns a USA IP address for every instance created. Even if the location of the instance is India, London, South Africa, you'll be given a USA IP.

Jay
Jay
Institute Director in US
Museums & Institutions, Self Employed

Cloud-Scale access to Google Apps, Storage, VMs, Renders, and Compute Engines

Comments: I've just started with Google Cloud Platform, bug they've been very generous in offering free small samples, trial offerings, and at that, the technology itself is inspiring, from the literature provided, and based on the descriptions. Essentially, a developer could scale an enterprise or computing task, or app at full Google thrust, at scale of course; yet it's not at all a paltry offering; significant and invaluable [previously] development tasks of an ad hoc nature are now, very simply put: offerings of tasty tidbits of modern day tech and lifestyle to-do; the results are visible, within a dedicated focused development session; connecting with the literature of the Google Cloud Platform app and the offerings therein will engender a deeper appreciation for how far Google's surfave-level apps have come, with the advent of Cloud computing and processing power, built on Google's rich foundation in logistics to carry out these tasks for the consumer, prosumer, developer, startup, and beyond.

Pros:

This software platform is much more than one single concept of software: it's the starting point for accessing all of Google's Cloud Computing services as well as the background APIs that operate at code and scripting level inside of shells and IDEs. Ostensibly, any common computer task, client, service, object, or node can be made in to a Google Cloud Platform instance, from virtual disks and machines, to process rendering, to gaining custom access to nuanced aspects of the individual Google Apps which are offered as the common App Store offering for everyone; yet as for full functionality, API access is necessary. In addition, there are very notable, special, cutting edge technologies that truly transform the concept of user interface and user experience in the context of all things Google: some of the language and visualization Cloud Platform offerings are very exciting, a heralding of a new age in computing, marketing, and IoTs to come.

Cons:

It's a vast expanse of software development to wrap one's focus about. That being said, a developer would be lucky to get some hands-on, real-world context of what the Google Cloud Platform Apps and APIs are fully capable of. There's not a whole lot to dislike; Google Developers on every Google product offering constantly update their literature and sites, co make sure that the content is presented well and that users have the means to learn by doing; going forth with the flow of context in development that pops up, from moment to moment; I suppose it [could] be more fluid, but then again, I am a common consumer developer and this is a beautiful array of modern computing leverage at my fingertips, potentially. I just have to learn to use it.

Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

Execute your workloads in fast, easy to use and quick deployment with Google Cloud Platform

Comments: Overall, GCP has provided a positive ROI to our organization leaving remarkable impressions, both from product and product service perspective. Therefore, I would highly recommend this platform for running your workloads in the cloud. Also, free trials are available with a bunch of credits which can help newbies to test and try out stuff before bringing production environment, on this platform.

Pros:

1. One of the best User Interface available for cloud services in Industry. 2. Evolving and always enhancing feature-set which can not be ignored. Anything that can be service-based and can be provided as a managed service, you will find it in Google Cloud Platform. 3. Below are some of the best and most reliable services you will be getting along with this platform: - Google Kubernetes Engine: is one of the best managed K8s engine. The availability of this tool is fabulous and configuring setting up clusters is done in minutes. Also, the performance of this service is amazing, be it in any region, across the globe. - Google Cloud Storage: Can be used for any sort of files, any format of any size is accepted. It is by far one of the best places to store your cloud workloads data and files. - Google Pub/ Sub: is basically publication/ subscription service, which is also fully managed. Provides blazing fast speed in delivering and receiving messages across this service.

Cons:

1. Free trial is a little low on duration. At the moment, the free trial provides 3 months of access, however, I personally feel this is a little less time for an organization to test out their workloads and decide on GO/NO GO decisions. 2. Cache's shall be better managed. At the moment, a very constant and high-speed internet is required so as to manage this platform. If caches can be managed and better utilized, platform laggy-ness due to fluctuating internet bandwidth can be reduced, which would largely impact the user experience.

Sharmin
HR in Bangladesh
Food Production, 2–10 Employees

A comprehensive review

Comments: Overall, my experience with Google Cloud has been very positive. As someone who is happy with using Google Cloud, I appreciate the scalability, security, reliability, cost-effectiveness, and integration of the platform. While there may be a learning curve and some complexity involved, I believe that the benefits of using Google Cloud make it a worthwhile investment for businesses looking for a robust cloud computing solution.

Pros:

Scalability: Google Cloud allows for scalability, which means you can easily expand your infrastructure as your business grows.Security: Google Cloud has built-in security measures, including encryption and identity management, to keep your data safe.Reliability: Google Cloud offers high availability and reliability, with a guaranteed uptime of 99.95%.Cost-effectiveness: Google Cloud offers competitive pricing, with pay-as-you-go options that allow you to only pay for what you use.Integration: Google Cloud integrates seamlessly with other Google services, including Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Sheets.

Cons:

Steep Learning Curve: Google Cloud has a steep learning curve, and it can take some time to get used to the platform and its various features.Complexity: Google Cloud is a complex platform that may require additional resources, such as training or additional personnel, to fully utilize.Support: Google Cloud support can be limited, and it may take some time to get assistance when needed.

Hillary
Administrative Assistant in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

The Google Cloud is Peace of Mind

Comments: Overall, I have had only good experiences with the cloud. I haven't noticed any glitches, crashes or problems with hackers. I feel that my data, workload and memories are all safe and secure and I feel that I have control over what happens to them. I would never switch to a different product - I love the cloud!

Pros:

I really value the ease of use, peace of mind and organizational aspects of the cloud. First of all, it is incredibly easy to use and easy to teach others how to use. I have several volunteers that I work with and it isn't difficult for me to explain to them how to use the cloud. It saves me time that the product itself is accessible and understandable for people of all ages and skill level. Secondly, it provides peace of mind. When we store things on the cloud - whether they are documents, financial records, pictures, etc. we know they will always be there. We can access them from one device to another and if a device is broken or destroyed, we don't have to worry that everything on it was also destroyed. Lastly, I love how organized I can be with the cloud. Not only is it a simple design, but it's so customizable - I can organize things how I want within the cloud to make them easy to find later.

Cons:

The only downfall to this product, which is hardly a downfall, is that the options for organization are sometimes overwhelming. I am glad to have so many options for organizing the cloud, but sometimes it's easy to forget about certain tools because there are so many. Other than that, I have no complaints!

Jordan
Jordan
Marketing Analytics Specialist in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Affordable Cloud Service For Marketing Analytics

Comments: Nothing but positive. I come more from an analytics background, but it's always easy for me to do the work of a data engineer in the platform.

Pros:

Like all cloud software, I love how easy it is to import data and incorporate it into my work-flow for spinning up marketing dashboards. I specifically like Google Cloud Platform for its multiple integrations into Google Data Studio and other platforms, such as Datorama.

Cons:

Like most Google products, I wish it was easier to integrate into third-party (non-Google) products.

Computer Games, 51–200 Employees

In The Driver's Seat With GCP

Comments: Being an ever-expanding firm, we design mobile apps for both small businesses and for our own PC video games. We always employ various Google Cloud solutions such as Google Drive and Firestore. We use Google Cloud Console to keep track of all of our cloud services from a single interface. We also use it to increase and decrease the number of servers as needed to meet the demands of our various applications and large-scale games.

Pros:

One of the most modern cloud service providers provides a cloud console that makes it simple for users to interact with a wide variety of cloud-based services. Navigating the menu is easy because each service is broken down into a number of distinct categories. There is a cloud shell capability that allows you to use a command line interface to interact with the cloud as well. There is no need for everyone to travel to the company to participate in the development of our video game projects because we can publish and manage them online. It's a cinch to set up.

Cons:

Everything appears to be in fine working order. You can manage, administer, and monitor cloud resources without experiencing any delays by utilizing the GUI. It appears to me that there is significant room for improvement in the user interface in order to provide a more engaging user experience.

Athina
Product Manager in Greece
Consumer Goods, 10,000+ Employees

Great for big global corporations

Pros:

I really like that Google Cloud gives to me and my team a full suite of services for data management, from storage to reporting and analytics. The platform is cost competitive in comparison to other similar resources, and allows us to manage our very complex data efficiently. There are frequent updates and new features, ensuring that we always have access to the latest technology while maintaining a high level of security, automated backups and data storage.

Cons:

Customer support is the biggest issue for us since any time we were in need, responses were so slow! Even on very urgent matters, things were not expedited enough.

Franco
Software Developer in Chile
Program Development, 11–50 Employees

my experience

Pros:

rewarding the experience of how simple and fast it is to operate different services

Cons:

the price in my opinion is quite enough

Mohamed
Mohamed
Software developer in Egypt
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

It helps

Comments: Some services are great while some featuers needs more upgrades

Pros:

It is very easy to deploy / Manage certain services through GCP Console.

Cons:

The support needs some time to get into and reply before they start fixing things up, you need to take regular backups and keep up your service maintenance in scheduled bases to keep your data and software up & running.

Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Google cloud is a winner for me

Comments: Overall, it solves my business's problems of having our infrastructure managed in a cloud platform well.

Pros:

Integrating with google cloud is very straightforward and it's fantastically easy to use compared to competitors such as AWS. The capabilities are comparable with the biggest players in the space but google cloud is much easier to use.

Cons:

Something to be wary of is pricing as it can ramp up quickly depending on which services you utilize. The customer support is also not quite where it should be for a company of this size.

Efezino
Efezino
Software Developer in Nigeria
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

Security-centric

Comments: Google Cloud Platform offers a strong and secure cloud infrastructure with a wide range of services and integrations. However, its pricing and user interface may not be suitable for everyone.

Pros:

One of the pros of Google Cloud Platform is its strong focus on security. It offers several security features, such as identity and access management, encryption, and network security. Additionally, its global network of data centers and edge locations provide fast and reliable performance.Another pro is its wide range of services and integrations with other Google products. This allows users to easily integrate their existing Google tools and technologies with their cloud infrastructure.

Cons:

Some users may find the pricing of Google Cloud Platform to be a con. It can be complex and difficult to understand, making it challenging to accurately predict and manage costs. Additionally, some users may find the user interface to be overwhelming and not as user-friendly as other cloud platforms.