Grammarly Business Reviews

• Overall
    4.7/5
    4.8/5

About Grammarly Business

Grammarly's real-time writing suggestions help improve word choice, refine tone, make sentences clearer, and fix grammatical errors.

Learn more about Grammarly Business

Showing 2,603 reviews

A.l. M.
Cofounder
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2019

"Improved My Writing!"

Comments: I have improved my writing by using Grammarly and I have been able to produce higher quality content.

Pros: Grammarly catches nearly all my editing issues and explains why they are issues. This allows me to both fix my mistakes and learn from them.

Cons: The one thing that bugs me is that Grammarly doesn't save info. For example, if I dismiss or choose to "ignore" an editing suggestion and then I reopen the document later, it will be there again.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2019
Nicole M.
Writer
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2020

"A Writer's Friend"

Comments: Grammarly was my first "advanced" spelling and grammar checker, and I checked out the Windows app and Chrome plugin. The latter is what I would use the most. I started with the free version initially but thought that it wasn't useful because it was my stylistic choices and not spelling that needed the occasional boost. I used the paid version for two years and it was absolutely helpful to check writing, both as I wrote and then for a final check. The suggestions helped me remove passive voice especially, and I could ignore suggestions that were less useful (for instance, if I was typing something more casual). I have yet to find a site where Grammarly doesn't work, which isn't the case for other tools, and I appreciate not having word limits. I don't have a need for the plagiarism checker; although, a quick scan shows that it will flag passages that are similar to others because of commonly used phrases. Human discretion is advised.

Pros: Grammarly locates errors such as double or misused words and improper punctuation that browser or word processor spellchecker would miss. The advanced suggestions for style can help improve writing.

Cons: When viewing Grammarly full-screen via the Chrome plugin, it would sometimes struggle to display text or suggestions in the correct place. It lost its place frequently enough for this to be frustrating but not so much that I could guarantee it would be an issue. If you want to use Grammarly with WordPress, you need to replace Gutenberg, but this is not a fault of Grammarly.

• Reviewed on 21/03/2020
Nicole P.
Marketing Assistant
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2020

"Grammarly Business: Who Doesn't Need a Grammar Coach Editing Their Documents?"

Comments: Since we have begun using Grammarly Business, everything we do looks better, sounds better, and we can trust that there will be no mistakes that get by us and onto the web. Definitely making our company more polished, more professional, and more precise.

Pros: We have all done it. Worked away for hours on a document or article for work and have read it re-read it looking for typos and making sure the grammar is correct before hitting send, and it looks perfect. So off it goes, and once you've hit that button, then you see it, hidden in the middle of your document you see teh instead of the. Or a sentence that runs on forever. But how is that possible? You literally just spent an hour overlooking your work and it looked perfect. It's possible because no matter how hard we try we are only human, and we make mistakes. Grammarly Business is like having a grammar teacher built right into your computer. Misspell a word? It highlights it in red and automatically changes it for you. Use a verb incorrectly? Once again, it's there to let you know, highlights your mistake, and when you click on it it gives you suggestions to correct that mistake. Make sure that every document, newsletter, and blog that you write is picture perfect.

Cons: Being in the marketing business, it's our job to make sure that our clients are presented in the best way possible. And writing an article to post on social media that is filled with typos and grammatical errors is definitely not something we want to do. So having the power Grammarly Business to make sure all of our work is flawless, is undoubtedly a pro and not a con.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2020
Signe J.
Editor
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2019

"Basic Functionality"

Comments: As long as you don't expect miracles and intend to use the software only as a last line of defense, Grammarly Business is a good choice. But, if you plan to use it in place of an editor, you will be disappointed.

Pros: Grammarly Business catches more errors than the spell/grammar checkers that are built into leading word processing software. It discovers a lot of errors that easily slip past the human eye, such as "though" vs "through." The interface is also easy to use.

Cons: Users need to have a strong foundational understanding of grammar, usage, and sentence flow in order to evaluate Grammarly Business suggestions. While it does find a lot of errors that would otherwise go undetected, it also makes a lot of suggestions that are either outright wrong or that weaken the sentence. It's great as a "final step" to double-check your work, but blindly accepting all suggestions will produce poor results.

• Reviewed on 25/07/2019
Tayyab S.
Administrator
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2020

"Advanced writing tool for your entire team"

Comments: I am using this tool regularly and i found it helpful for my business to manage a lot of content. Grammarly Business help me and my team to learn professional writing skills. In the starting of my blogging career, I used a free version but the efficiency of this tool force me to use Grammarly Business.

Pros: Grammarly helps me in real-time writing feedback and can easily integrate with existing platforms efficiently. It has a proper and robust admin controls to manage the entire performance of articles. The tool can allow you to monitor team usage statistics, email support, and advanced security features. I helped me everwhere even writing the review on Capterra.

Cons: Grammarly provide the opportunity to manage grammar mistakes and spell checks but not gives 100% results everytime. One of the biggest cons of this tool is no offline availability. You need to be online for using Grammarly and it is also little bit expensive.

• Reviewed on 18/07/2020
Alberto nahum G.
Associate Professor
Writing & Editing, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2019

"Great app for non-native English speakers"

Comments: I use it every day, 24/7, because I send emails to English colleagues, I draft in English and, even, I access to English websites where Grammarly polishes my language. I still need final proofreading for the final draft of my articles, but overall, it is a great tool for anyone working with words, as I do.

Pros: -I can use it in several media: laptop, computer, phone...
-It can be always on, so it automatically corrects your English like it has done now to this sentence.
-It gets a lot of minor grammar and spelling mistakes.

Cons: -Sometimes, it gets some words wrong.
-Needs to improve a little bit some features, such as synonyms or ways to get an alternative to passive voice (this last one is tricky, I know).

• Reviewed on 18/07/2019
Josafat B.
Marketing Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2019

"Businesses are always written correctly"

Comments: It is a tool that helps you improve your vocabulary and makes you not wrong when writing.

Pros: This tool has helped me a lot to be more efficient and to be clearer when writing my emails, reviewing and correcting my projects, using more sophisticated words and making them presentable to create a better impact with the client.

Cons: Sometimes the tool appears many times when you are writing and does not let you concentrate to continue writing your ideas.

• Reviewed on 20/09/2019
Joselyn A.
Healthcare Account Executive
Staffing & Recruiting, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2020

"Grammarly Business Honest Review"

Comments: The main advantage I have with Grammarly is that it makes my writing easy, it is like having an assistant by my side that indicates the correct way to write, not only indicates grammatical and punctuation errors, but also suggests an appropriate style to write, showing me how to structure what I write. It is impossible to write 100% perfect and more without software dedicated to grammar, so I recommend Grammarly to people who work with documents frequently since Grammarly is of great help to avoid making grammatical errors.

Pros: Due to my work I have to be writing all the time, emails, letters, memos, among others, and let's be honest, nobody writes perfectly and much less do we have time to take care of the writing style and its due punctuation, that's why we use Grammarly In my HR department frequently, there are three features that I could highlight from Grammarly: the first is the MS office Plugin, it integrates with MS Word, from my point of view it is the best way to use Grammarly, the second tool that I like the most is his Style Guide, is a real-time assistant that reviews the writing style depending on the type of document I write, it suggests the appropriate way to do it. Lastly, real-time grammar checker is very helpful since it shows you the grammar errors and advanced grammar rules; you usually would not perceive just having MS Word.

Cons: Something I don't like is that the Microsoft office plugin sometimes has synchronization issue and I have to reinstall it to work, this has happened to me in several versions of Grammarly.

• Reviewed on 26/07/2020
Janna A.
Marketing
Construction, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2020

"Grammarly is a must have for professionals"

Pros: I work in construction and our field employees are expected to communicate via email, sometimes with high-stakes clientele. We need them to look professional and polished without having to spend extra time proofreading their emails. Grammarly is the perfect solution--they type--Grammarly edits and suggests and it takes an additional 5-10 seconds to save you from some very embarrassing (and unfortunately common) mistakes. Another great feature is the "tone detector." Some of our well-meaning employees don't always use the right tone in emails. Grammarly identifies the tone and you can make adjustments to be less 'forceful.' I'm actually using it right now. :)

Cons: For some employees it was hard to get used to as the "green circle" automatically pops up (sometimes blocking text from view) as it checks your writing. After awhile they don't pay too much attention and realize the value.

• Reviewed on 28/07/2020
Pedro P.
Direct Response Copywriter & Campaign Strategist
  • Reviewed on 06/09/2020

"I am now a native English writer"

Comments: Grammarly works as my copy reviewer.
I typically write my copy outside Grammarly but after I am comfortable with what I have, I always copy and paste it to Grammarly and see what tweaks Grammarly promotes.
Their last update really improved the experience.
It's not just a software to correct missed or misspelled words.
It's a lot more than that.
The recent update made it a lot more than that.
I love the tweaks it promotes to make the sentences easier to read.
I also like the Chrome plugin because wherever I write, it helps me get my grammar spot on.

Pros: As a non-English who spends most of my time writing in English, Grammarly is my best English Grammar Geek friend.
I still write my copy in a plain TextFile document but I then copy and past it to Grammarly...
And it's like send it to your English teacher and get it immediately reviewed.
It's a great way to assure the copy works and it goes without any error.
My clients loved it...
Although they probably ignore it exists.

Cons: There is no clear "dislike" about Grammarly.
Probably the pricing.
But I respect that as the quality is really great.
I would probably like to have an easier way to change from UK to American dictionary.

• Reviewed on 06/09/2020
SEO specialist
E-Learning, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/06/2020

"Writing made TOO EASY"

Comments: This is probably one of the most powerful contemporary tools for business and daily usage. Despite that, it should be noted that privacy can't be really guaranteed. Even if it's stated on their documents/website. I know many companies that don't take risk of having their confidential information leaked. But it really depends on what kind of company yours is. Having an SME with no sensitive data in particular (at least of a person who's using the tool) shouldn't cause harm. Lastly, it all falls down to your companies risk management policies. Some wouldn't mind using the tool, some would make an in-depth analysis and some wouldn't take the risk. But for personal use - I can't imagine living with out it.

Pros: - I really love how easy it is to make grammatically correct sentences with Grammarly! (Spoiler alert, even now the browser extension is making me look smart!)
- It also has a browser extension that helps you type correctly anywhere on the web.
- The plagiarism function is really helpful, especially when you need to evaluate some articles.
- Sometimes the tone detector is helpful when you're writing an article as it shows how AI understands the tone of your text. When working with SEO, this comes in handy when you want to make sure that you're staying align with your text.
- Especially useful when writing emails.
- Probably a must for not foreign English speakers.

Cons: - The main and the biggest concern about the software is its data security. Everything that is being written is scanned and evaluated to make edit suggestions. At the company where I used this tool, we eventually stopped to do so when our IT team declared privacy issues with Grammarly. Now, I'm not an expert on this, but according to them, the Grammarly Chrome extension is always running, when you open up Google Docs for example. If there's a piece of confidential information on it - it will be seen by the tool (even when the option to "make a suggestion for docs" is on). This fear was enough for us to stop using it.

• Reviewed on 30/06/2020
Eszter D.
Marketing Manager
Automotive, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2020

"Extremly helpful in business - you need to have Grammarly"

Comments: I have been using Grammarly for over 2 years and it saved me several times from making embarrassing grammar mistakes in my business emails. By using it, I am more confident in my business communications and I am saving a lot of time by not needing to spell check my writing. Overall it helped me improve my writing and English language skills since it is not my native language. Grammarly is perfect for business and school too, I can only recommend it, plus it's free and super easy to install!

Pros: I originally downloaded Grammarly because English is my second language and it seemed like a great tool to help me with my business emails - after using it for over 2 years, I can share, it is much more than that! The most important thing I like about Grammarly is that it's super easy to use and it seamlessly fits into your writing routine. Just download the extension (they offer it for Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Explorer) and it automatically underlines every grammar mistake in your writing and suggests the right spelling. You do not even have to create an account if you do not want to. I am using the free plan but they offer premium and business as well. The internet browser is not the only place where Grammarly can help you! You can integrate it with MS Word, Google Docs too! You can easily disable Grammarly on any website if you need to. It corrects your grammar, spelling, and punctuation and it also suggests for you to review your sentence if it's too complicated. It helps you to get on the next level of your language skills by suggesting synonyms to use in the text. With Grammarly's suggestions, you can improve your tone and politeness, it also detects the formality level of your writing, which is extremely useful for me in any business communication. They also offer some solutions specifically for brands and teams!

Cons: When Grammarly is active, it has a little green circle in the lower right corner of the typing area, and sometimes that green icon gets in the way to see the full text or if you need to click there.

• Reviewed on 08/06/2020
Francisco F.
Transaltor & Engineer
Translation & Localization, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2020

"Do not mistakes when you are writing in the English Language...use Grammarly."

Comments: In a general manner, it helps me every day, when I need to write e-mails to all companies I use to work for, once that I am sending proposals to get translations jobs all the time. I have no complaints about it and I thank for existing a free version of it. Note: If possible, I would like very much if it could exist using my language, so it can be used and applied in public and private schools here in Brazil. This would cause a great development in Brazilian education being applied in all schools since Brazil still has a large number of people, both young and older, whose access to schools is very difficult due to the dimensions of my country. But I know that at least one or two mistakes exist in my test because I do nor use the premium version of Grammarly, so I challenge you to find these mistakes if they exist. Thank you for the opportunity and have a nice weekend.

Pros: I use Grammarly, and it has helped me a lot to improve my writings in English since I send and receive a lot of correspondence in this language, in addition to also working with translations, a profession that I exercise since 2012. It is very easy to work with and I had done this for over two years, and I have greatly improved my writing in the English language. The only problem it has is that it manifests itself even when I am writing in my native language, Brazilian Portuguese, and it is evident that there it stays a little lost without knowing what to do. So, I have to put it to sleep even when I open my Facebook page.

Cons: I can not say that is something missing because it is perfect for me. There is a free version and a more complete version, but I only use the first one because I don't have so many problems and I don't need to pay for the improved version, because some small mistakes when writing in a language other than our native are always forgiven.

• Reviewed on 09/05/2020
Health administration(Prosthetics & Orthotics)
Government Relations, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2020

"Win the life with Grammarly Business"

Comments: My overall experience with the Grammarly business is important If there is a person who uses the internet or computers every one must be installed and work with this software. because nowadays it is difficult to do my studies without this software properly. Just go and enjoy this friendly and amazing software my friends.

Pros: Ok my, all dearest friends, This is the happy time for all of my friends, Thanks for reading me, It is not a wasted time for you ever my friends, I am going to talk about the one of greatest software now. This is really true, true, true my friends. The software name is Grammarly business.
What is that??? Actually this is the software that corrects the grammar and spelling on your whatever documents. I ll explained furthermore my friends, As a higher education student, I need to write more research articles as well as submitting reports to the university and so on. Then what should I did my friends ., I download this and installed it to my google chrome extension. You know my friends, The any documents it will do Grammarly and selling corrections Automatically by this Grammarly business software,
I think you have some knowledge about this amazing software so far. Actually I'm using the free version, I need to tell this is all so much enough for me to do my study matters in my university. But if your business or company is beware of the more accuracy about the grammar and spelling, then you can go for the premier version, my friends. but we have to select the plan. but it is not much value, my friends if you like you can try that one also for critical correction of grammar.I know all of my friends within the withing next two years this Grammarly software will be the most one of the software in the world. this is my suggestion my friends.

Cons: There are least points also. What are they, my friends?? Most of the peoples don't know about this software, this is the No 1 problem, then the company should have a good promoting campaign. Then nowadays there starting that one. it is really happy. Because all benefits going to the peoples. Rather than It is no problems.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2020
Munira G.
Freelance Content Writer
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2019

"Makes my Life Easier and My Content Precise!"

Comments: Grammarly is a great tool for grammar and language correction available in the market today. It makes your language precise and accurate. It not just corrects your grammar but also suggest smart alternatives for the words used in the text. Perfect for email editing and content correction.

Pros: Grammarly is certainly the God of all grammar correction apps and tools available in the market today. It checks grammar and suggest relevant and better alternatives for word selection to make your language precise and more beautiful. As a content creator, grammarly has become a part of my daily routine. I feel paralysed without grammarly. Grammarly extension can be added to chrome which makes it extensible to most of the platforms and editors. whether it is writing emails to clients or creating content for the website, grammarly will always have your back. It supports browsers like chrome, mozilla and platforms like google docs and other editors. Thus, it makes my life so much better because only God can master and perfect the english language with all its intricacies. Now you can also send your work to grammarly proof-readers to fool-proof your work.

Cons: Well there aren't many cons about grammarly. However, I have noticed the slight problems which are:
1. At times it suggest incorrect or irrelevant alternatives for prepositions or words used.
2. When a keyword is repeated in the text, grammarly keeps suggesting the replacement of it which is not required.
3. It doesn't work with Microsoft Office Word.
4. For full features you have to upgrade to premium version which isn't cheap but worth it.

• Reviewed on 19/12/2019
Scott F.
Director of IT
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2019

"Drastically Improves Your Writing"

Comments: I consider myself a good speller, and I do fairly well with grammar as well, despite the fact that I can't stand the English language (even though I am 100% American) and all of its intricasies. Even an English major can't keep up with English, nor get everything right - I know. Grammarly has literally changed everything, especially for someone like myself who prefers to always write things as concisely and clearly as possible to avoid misunderstandings. Grammarly checks every single thing that comes from my keyboard, and makes sure I don't come off looking like a fool. More than that, the app is always looking for more concise ways to say things, which is always a plus for me. I can't say enough good things about this program, although I wish they would get real about their pricing!

Pros: Grammarly Business has improved my entire teams ability to communicate, and so much more. The "business" part just groups multiple users as a team for organization and billing, so the product itself is the real diamond. Even the best writer or English major could benefit from Grammarly, and it doesn't just fix grammar issues! I really love how grammarly checks pretty much everything about what you are writing, from spelling, to sentence structure, grammar and more. My favorite feature is probably its ability to suggest different ways of saying the same thing, most of the time in a shorter form AND more clearly. Also, it integrates with everything you would normally type into, from Office to your web browser, email, they even have a keyboard for your phones!

Cons: My biggest, and really my only, con about this software is its price. The free version is nice and good for some, but to get the good stuff you HAVE to go premium, which isn't cheap.

• Reviewed on 04/08/2019
Dishant S.
crowd sourcing
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2019

"Improved my writings"

Comments: I write many articles on technology. Being a non-native English speaker, I found it sometimes confusing to write some English phrases. Grammarly had helped a lot in this area. It corrects me every time whenever I commit any mistake while writing. By using Grammarly, I have created many great piece of content which are appreciated by a lot of people including the clients.

Pros: I love Grammarly. The best thing about Grammarly is that it can easily find any mistakes in your writing related to Grammar, tense, etc. It is undoubtedly the best and the most reliable writing assistant available in the market. Writing an error-free and impactful English content is very important if you're writing a business content. Generating perfect material for your potential customers is essential. The plagiarism detector of the Grammarly is very powerful and can detect plagiarism very successfully than other free or paid plagiarism detectors in the market. Grammarly can even suggest a word or combination of words make your writing more compelling and impactful. You can easily install the Grammarly plugin in your browser and use it while writing anything in your browser. It is compatible with most of the browsers like chrome, Mozilla, etc. You can download the Grammarly app in your PC also and use it to write in other apps. It is available to download as a plugin in MS office. You can configure it with the MS office and make it stronger and impactful to generate quality content. You can even save your piece of writings in the Grammarly and directly edit there without the use of any app.

Cons: Sometimes, Grammarly also suggests edits were wrong actually. I have experienced many times that my original text is correct and the edits recommended by the Grammarly makes no sense. Furthermore, I would like to suggest that people improve your algo to detecting the mistakes related to punctuations.

• Reviewed on 14/04/2019
Managing Director and Founder
Graphic Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2019

"How have I gone so long without using this?"

Comments: As mentioned, I have no intentions of not using this and recommend you try it, today!

Pros: Even the best writers need editors and Grammarly is your Editor. Whether I'm writing a letter/email, blog post, web text, or other types of writing... Grammarly finds things I never knew were wrong. It catches every misspelled word, and makes sure everything I write is properly punctuated. It will even pickup on whether or not the voice is too passive or the wrong tense. You have the ability to set "goal preferences" for each new doc you create (within the Grammarly interface) based on formality, tone, audience, etc. and the corrections and recommendations. These include synonym options and removal of unnecessary words. There is a desktop app if you want to work locally, the web interface whoch stores the same documents as the desktop app, browser extensions to hel[p if writing web content, and (just discovered) a mobile app/keyboard to edit writing on your devices [where most typos and errors tend to happen]. In the 2 days I've been using the phone add-on keyboard, I've already caught a bunch typos in texts and emails. Love that it finds an overused a word and offers suggested synonyms - without having to leave and look it up! I knew about it for so long and can't believe I put off trying it for so long. I started with hte free version and within a day, paid to upgrade. Totally worth it. I would not publish anything on my site, send detailed emails, or even publish social media text without running it through Grammarly, now.

Cons: Shocking to discover that while there is so many positive add-ons and features, the add-on feature for Microsoft Word (and it's better than the built-in Word spell/grammar checker), is not compatible or made for Macs. Whuuut? Hopefully this will change but I was excited to add it & only let down to discover I couldn't. The suggestions for things like "this is a passive voice" are helpful so I know I need to change it but it's not as intuitive nor offers suggested alternatives for those 2-3 word phrases so I either skip them or try and look it up somewhere else. It's not a CON but should be noted: this is not meant for use in SEO writing. It's a spelling/grammar/punctuation/etc editor.

• Reviewed on 03/04/2019
Russell s P.
Teacher, Consultant
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2019

"A lot to like about Grammarly!"

Comments: Very pleased with my experiences with Grammarly - it improves my writing skills and helps me create email and documents that are correctly written.

Pros: There's a lot of reasons to like Grammarly, and integrate it into your daily life. Here's the reasons I love it:
- It operates quickly and quietly on your device. There's no difficulty in setting it up and beginning to use it. It just hums along quietly in the background, offering accurate suggestions and feedback.
- Of the tools I've used, Grammarly seems to be the most reliable and accurate. Very seldom do I dislike the recommendations it makes. It also has the ability to catch errors that other, similar platforms just don't seem to catch.
- It works across multiple platforms - even in your Chrome browser. They've also improved their connection/compatibility with G Suite tools, in general, which is great to see.
- You have the ability to customize and add words that you commonly use, but are not widely recognized.
- Somehow it has the ability to notice correctly spelled words that are placed in the wrong setting. This is an impressive feature.
- I also love that they've created an extension that can be used with your Chrome browser. It's free and limited in ability, but sufficient for what I need.

Cons: While Grammarly is a phenomenal addition that I highly recommend, here are some observations and concerns:
- It's honestly expensive. The premium version comes at a fee, so I recently just downgraded to use the free version. The features aren't quite as robust in the free version, but it works for what I need.
- To my knowledge, Grammarly does not offer much with regards to mobile support (yet). It would be a great addition, as a lot of work-related emailing is conducted via a cell phone.
- Grammarly doesn't "play well" with certain platforms. It can be glitchy, for example, with platforms like Blackboard, which is commonly used by colleges (undergraduate and graduate). I'm not sure if this is a Grammarly issue or Blackboard issue, but it would be nice to see this resolved.

• Reviewed on 29/01/2019
Kamila G.
Founder & CEO Āæ Business Coach | Marketing Strategist | Online Training for Coaches & Experts
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2019

"Makes you sound smarter"

Comments: I like it overall, it helps me write better, and makes me not feel like I have to proofread a lot which I don't do a lot of anyway (I'm a creator vs editor, leave me alone, haha). This way at least I don't make as many grammatical or spelling mistakes when I write. I do have to turn it off sometimes because sometimes it gets annoying with their bugs.

Pros: It's a simple chrome extension that I love using whenever I write marketing materials. I have it on when I write on my landing pages, emails, social media posts and more. The great thing about this extension is that sometimes I misspell things (it happens) and it shows me when I do. It also shows me if I mistype something or write something in a grammatically incorrect way. I mean, it's not perfect so it's not like it's a human reading the text and telling you you're writing something totally wrong - but it helps with spelling and simple grammar. It makes life easier by making you sound better, so you get less annoying people on social media telling you to proofread. Who's got time to proofread when I have so much content to create? šŸ˜‚

Cons: It doesn't always work. For example, on this site. I made some little mistakes while writing this review, and the incorrectly written word did get underlined... however when I clicked to get it corrected according to the suggestion by the extension, it did not end up correcting it. So it corrects it for a second and then it reverts back. So that's clearly a bug or something. It does the same thing when I use it in ActiveCampaign - sometimes it messes up the formatting bc of the plugin. Also in some places, where I write copy directly onto a landing page builder like Clickfunnels, if I do not correct or ignore the red underlines on words that were "incorrectly" written (sometimes it corrects words that are correct... at least correct for me) if I leave them, the page saves WITH the red underlines, so then people see those underlines when they are viewing the landing page regardless of whether they have the plugin or not (from what I've heard from people). So, still some bugs clearly.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2019
Thien H.
Student
  • Reviewed on 24/08/2018

"Essential tool for non-native English speakers, but still needs a lot of improvements"

Pros: It can catch most of the grammatic and spelling errors. I particularly like the fact that this service works across multiple environments: desktop, web application, and browser extensions. My language activity can be passively monitored in daily life without the need of actual working, so I have a lot of chances to improve my English writing skill. Plus, Grammarly occasionally send statistics of your language performance in comparison to other users so that you can see what is your weaknesses and strengths. Grammarly has suggested a great deal of academic words to replace informal words in my reports, I highly evaluate the software's language intelligence. I have also used the Grammarly editor. The interface is very minimal, very zen, distraction-free, I really like that!

Cons: Although the software is really smart when it points out my faults, sometimes I do not advocate its overuse of simplicity. Grammarly always tries to break my sentence into smaller statements. If you write blogs or novels, that may be necessary. However, that does not hold true in any case. Technical documents require run-on sentences to fully describe a concept or a term. Breaking sentences simply makes the description very disruptive, but Grammarly keeps telling me to simplify! That's really frustrating. Grammarly also lacks of integration with other apps. Grammarly is developed to be a language checker, so investment in the editor can be minimal. But the fact that I cannot use Grammarly with Microsoft Word or LibreOffice is super inconvenient. This missing service, if released, will be a huge step for Grammarly. Right now it only supports English. I expect to see more languages to come, so the cost of a Grammarly membership is actually worth it. Lastly, using Grammarly in daily tasks like writing a Facebook status might be a good idea to learn English, but it raises some privacy concerns about the data Grammarly might be able to collect.

• Reviewed on 24/08/2018
Ross H.
Marketing Director
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2019

"Donā€™t send another carelessly worded document again."

Comments: The product is extremely easy to use. Errors and suggestions are easy to see and adjust. This product has significantly changed the way my teamā€™s emails read. My boss is an intelligent man but is not the most tech savvy. He constantly has typos and always fails to see them. Grammarly makes those mistakes very obvious and lets him just click it to fix it. This product will definitely help you look more professional and far less careless. No one wants a typo in their emails or reports for all to see. Grammarly helps to prevent that.

Pros: Grammarly is probably the most useful tool Iā€™ve ever found. I pride myself on my grammar ability, but when typing quickly I find that I just get careless or that the mass of words I just wrote merges together and some typos or bad grammar just get overlooked. Itā€™s going to happen. Grammarly almost entirely ensures that it doesnā€™t happen again. Itā€™s not perfect because it doesnā€™t always understand what I mean in certain circumstances. However, the most common mistakes I see from coworkers is not actual wrong grammar but just careless typos. This software works better at eliminating those errors more than any other software Iā€™ve used. The bonus of purchasing this product is that it will also integrate into Word. Grammarly is basically like having an English teacher helping you write in the best and most clear way possible.

Cons: Needs Mac integration! Mac users unfortunately do not get to experience all of the features that Windows users get. Grammarly is good but not perfect. Make sure the change it suggests is what you actually need. You might be typing something that appears wrong but in fact is what is meant. Do not just click change on everything without verifying itā€™s what you meant

• Reviewed on 06/12/2019
Osamah A.
Student
Computer & Network Security, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/09/2019

"No more typos, No more grammar mistakes!"

Comments: I write articles every other day, I used to make tons of typos and grammar mistakes without even realizing it, but now with Grammarly, everything has changed, it is just like if I had a companion who makes sure that everything is fine, someone who follows me and take care of me... that is how I feel about Grammarly!

Pros: This software is a blessing to me. since I love to write a lot and often I write quickly, I don't notice the small typos or grammar mistakes that I may be making, so I always need to review my writings to make sure everything is fine and that process consumes a lot of my time. but thanks to Grammarly I no longer need to do that! it will do all the job for me, from reviewing your writings and making sure it is error-free to even suggesting new vocabulary and better organization to your article. I am obsessed with Grammarly, all you have to do is to install a small extension on your browser, start writing and leave the rest to Grammarly! it will make sure that your spelling is correct, you are using proper grammar and will make sure that your work is in good shape. Also after you are done writing, it will rate your article considering the vocabulary you used and how hard it is to read your text.

Cons: I love it, nothing to dislike about Grammarly! however, the free trial version does not have all of the features that I mentioned above, it lacks some advanced grammar corrections and text organizing. but if you purchased the premium membership it will work amazingly great.

• Reviewed on 04/09/2019
Marshall G.
Marketer
Internet, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2019

"The Best Software I Have Ever Installed In my Computer By Far!"

Comments: The emails I send everyday sound more professional now. It is very easy to use. It makes my writing sound like I'm an expert in English. English is not my first language because I am African but with Grammarly, you wouldn't know that.

Pros: Well the first thing that I fell in love with, was the fact that I didn't need to click on anything to make it work. It just started working as soon as I needed to write something. As an internet marketer, I write a lot of emails every single day. When I write these emails I used to always worry about my spelling, and Grammarly got me covered with that, but Grammarly also tells me when my grammar is incorrect. Before I used Grammarly, spelling was the only issue I thought I had until I installed it, then I went back to some of the emails I wrote in the past. I was shocked when I realized how bad my grammar was. Now when I write my emails I write them with confidence knowing that if my grammar or spelling is incorrect, Grammarly instantly tells me. Grammarly underlines all the parts of the sentence that are spelled incorrectly and does the same thing when your grammar is wrong. And when that happens, all I need to do is hover over the underlined parts of the sentence and Grammarly shows me how it's supposed to be and I just click and my sentence gets fixed. I love it

Cons: I don't have anything bad to say about Grammarly. I would be lying if I did. I would be shocked if anybody had something bad to say about Grammarly.

• Reviewed on 23/11/2019
Nina D.
E-Learning, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/09/2019

"No More Mistakes"

Comments: What I love about our experience with Grammarly Business is that everyone is crafting more meaningful emails that solve problems the first time around. Many times, there are so many emails back and forth that you lose the original prompt of what you were trying to say. With Grammarly, I've noticed a decrease in unnecessary emails and internal communication has improved greatly. Gone are the days where you can't understand one person's email and have to chase them around the office to get some clarity. Our internal and external communications have greatly improved, allowing us to have a more efficient work day and more streamlined execution of tasks.

Pros: What I really love about this software is how easily it integrates with applications that we use throughout our company. It saves so much time because we don't have to bother each other anymore to make sure what we're saying sounds grammatically correct (which used to happen A LOT). Our sales team finds it especially useful, since they are always on the move and often can let things slip in emails (punctuation, additional words they need, etc.) and because they are always using different platforms to reach out to leads, it's a no brainer to use Grammarly to catch mistakes. We've eliminated a lot of back and forth emails with our clients because we're able to get things right the first time around, saving us time and gaining trust from our clients. I know sometimes I specifically tend to be overly wordy or verbose in emails and overuse some punctuation, so Grammarly truly keeps me in check when I talk to my team and my outside clients. I love how deep Grammarly goes with helping understand word choice and making emails easy to read, because then it doesn't sound jumbled and confusing.

Cons: Sometimes there is a glitch or often the suggestions don't vary too often. It can feel like we are saying the same thing too many times and we're not changing it up at all. However, that isn't a huge deterrent and we're still able to write clear, concise emails!

• Reviewed on 16/09/2019