Grammarly Business Reviews

• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.8 /5
    4.5 /5

About Grammarly Business

Grammarly's real-time writing suggestions help improve word choice, refine tone, make sentences clearer, and fix grammatical errors.

Learn more about Grammarly Business

Showing 25 reviews of 2,793

Jessica e.m. A.
Marketing Account Manager
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2020

"A "Nice To Have" Business Addition"

Comments: Since my workplace already subscribed to Grammerly Business and it was an automatic add-on to my email suite, it's been an amazing addition to double-check and support my professional communications. If I was a copy-writer or content specialist, I could also see this as being an integral tool for quality assurance on other online platforms (social media, web building, etc.). Otherwise, I'm not sure that I would personally spend the $25+/month to have an advanced "spell checker" for me emails. I think this is the perfect tool for external marketing/messaging, legal/financial communications, or other high-stakes communications businesses that need to ensure that they dot every "i" and cross every "t".

Pros: -Always on and always checking: often catches the small things that my online platforms don't catch (such as grammar, punctuation, etc.)
-It's suggested swaps sometimes indicate something about grammar that I didn't know, so a nice learning function as well thru use
-New "Tone Detector" is a good reminder to stay "professional" when needed and "lighten up" a bit when it's not required

Cons: -At $25+ per person, per month, it seems pricey for the somewhat minimal benefit it provides
-It is not full proof: I have definitely caught it making an obvious mistake in somewhat complex context situations
-Does not integrate on every platform, so there are times where I would like to rely on Grammarly to double-check my work, but it does not function on that particular site

• Reviewed on 07/10/2020
Josafat B.
Marketing Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2019

"Businesses are always written correctly"

Comments: It is a tool that helps you improve your vocabulary and makes you not wrong when writing.

Pros: This tool has helped me a lot to be more efficient and to be clearer when writing my emails, reviewing and correcting my projects, using more sophisticated words and making them presentable to create a better impact with the client.

Cons: Sometimes the tool appears many times when you are writing and does not let you concentrate to continue writing your ideas.

• Reviewed on 20/09/2019
Jennifer R.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2021

"Grammarly makes me look smarticle!"

Comments: I am using Grammarly to type this review! I type in all my words, then click the little icon to find errors; it also offers suggestions to make my words clearer. I use Grammarly every day in Outlook (that service alone is worth every penny!). I use it several times a week in Word or online with the Chrome app. It even catches errors as I type in forms. I format documents, and often as a free service, I do a quick check for errors for my clients. Grammarly makes me look like a professional editor. I highly recommend it to anyone in the writing industry or who has a history of dumb mistakes while writing emails.

Pros: Using Grammarly is so very easy. It integrates seamlessly in Word. The Chrome app is handy - the ability to create and check a new document for grammatical errors can be done in a few seconds. Best of all is the Outlook integration. I can't count how many times Grammarly has saved me from looking stupid from dumb typos. Even the feedback is fun - if your text is without errors, it gives you a little pat on the back message.

Cons: Grammarly is a little on the expensive side, but it's worth every penny for me. If you only need the basic grammar and spelling checks, stick with the spell check options already included in your software (e.g., Word).

• Reviewed on 19/01/2021
Eszter D.
Marketing Manager
Automotive, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2020

"Extremly helpful in business - you need to have Grammarly"

Comments: I have been using Grammarly for over 2 years and it saved me several times from making embarrassing grammar mistakes in my business emails. By using it, I am more confident in my business communications and I am saving a lot of time by not needing to spell check my writing. Overall it helped me improve my writing and English language skills since it is not my native language. Grammarly is perfect for business and school too, I can only recommend it, plus it's free and super easy to install!

Pros: I originally downloaded Grammarly because English is my second language and it seemed like a great tool to help me with my business emails - after using it for over 2 years, I can share, it is much more than that! The most important thing I like about Grammarly is that it's super easy to use and it seamlessly fits into your writing routine. Just download the extension (they offer it for Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Explorer) and it automatically underlines every grammar mistake in your writing and suggests the right spelling. You do not even have to create an account if you do not want to. I am using the free plan but they offer premium and business as well. The internet browser is not the only place where Grammarly can help you! You can integrate it with MS Word, Google Docs too! You can easily disable Grammarly on any website if you need to. It corrects your grammar, spelling, and punctuation and it also suggests for you to review your sentence if it's too complicated. It helps you to get on the next level of your language skills by suggesting synonyms to use in the text. With Grammarly's suggestions, you can improve your tone and politeness, it also detects the formality level of your writing, which is extremely useful for me in any business communication. They also offer some solutions specifically for brands and teams!

Cons: When Grammarly is active, it has a little green circle in the lower right corner of the typing area, and sometimes that green icon gets in the way to see the full text or if you need to click there.

• Reviewed on 08/06/2020
Francisco F.
Transaltor & Engineer
Translation & Localization, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2020

"Do not mistakes when you are writing in the English Language...use Grammarly."

Comments: In a general manner, it helps me every day, when I need to write e-mails to all companies I use to work for, once that I am sending proposals to get translations jobs all the time. I have no complaints about it and I thank for existing a free version of it. Note: If possible, I would like very much if it could exist using my language, so it can be used and applied in public and private schools here in Brazil. This would cause a great development in Brazilian education being applied in all schools since Brazil still has a large number of people, both young and older, whose access to schools is very difficult due to the dimensions of my country. But I know that at least one or two mistakes exist in my test because I do nor use the premium version of Grammarly, so I challenge you to find these mistakes if they exist. Thank you for the opportunity and have a nice weekend.

Pros: I use Grammarly, and it has helped me a lot to improve my writings in English since I send and receive a lot of correspondence in this language, in addition to also working with translations, a profession that I exercise since 2012. It is very easy to work with and I had done this for over two years, and I have greatly improved my writing in the English language. The only problem it has is that it manifests itself even when I am writing in my native language, Brazilian Portuguese, and it is evident that there it stays a little lost without knowing what to do. So, I have to put it to sleep even when I open my Facebook page.

Cons: I can not say that is something missing because it is perfect for me. There is a free version and a more complete version, but I only use the first one because I don't have so many problems and I don't need to pay for the improved version, because some small mistakes when writing in a language other than our native are always forgiven.

• Reviewed on 09/05/2020
Nicole M.
Writer
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2020

"A Writer's Friend"

Comments: Grammarly was my first "advanced" spelling and grammar checker, and I checked out the Windows app and Chrome plugin. The latter is what I would use the most. I started with the free version initially but thought that it wasn't useful because it was my stylistic choices and not spelling that needed the occasional boost. I used the paid version for two years and it was absolutely helpful to check writing, both as I wrote and then for a final check. The suggestions helped me remove passive voice especially, and I could ignore suggestions that were less useful (for instance, if I was typing something more casual). I have yet to find a site where Grammarly doesn't work, which isn't the case for other tools, and I appreciate not having word limits. I don't have a need for the plagiarism checker; although, a quick scan shows that it will flag passages that are similar to others because of commonly used phrases. Human discretion is advised.

Pros: Grammarly locates errors such as double or misused words and improper punctuation that browser or word processor spellchecker would miss. The advanced suggestions for style can help improve writing.

Cons: When viewing Grammarly full-screen via the Chrome plugin, it would sometimes struggle to display text or suggestions in the correct place. It lost its place frequently enough for this to be frustrating but not so much that I could guarantee it would be an issue. If you want to use Grammarly with WordPress, you need to replace Gutenberg, but this is not a fault of Grammarly.

• Reviewed on 21/03/2020
Kamila G.
Founder & CEO ┬┐ Business Coach | Marketing Strategist | Online Training for Coaches & Experts
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2019

"Makes you sound smarter"

Comments: I like it overall, it helps me write better, and makes me not feel like I have to proofread a lot which I don't do a lot of anyway (I'm a creator vs editor, leave me alone, haha). This way at least I don't make as many grammatical or spelling mistakes when I write. I do have to turn it off sometimes because sometimes it gets annoying with their bugs.

Pros: It's a simple chrome extension that I love using whenever I write marketing materials. I have it on when I write on my landing pages, emails, social media posts and more. The great thing about this extension is that sometimes I misspell things (it happens) and it shows me when I do. It also shows me if I mistype something or write something in a grammatically incorrect way. I mean, it's not perfect so it's not like it's a human reading the text and telling you you're writing something totally wrong - but it helps with spelling and simple grammar. It makes life easier by making you sound better, so you get less annoying people on social media telling you to proofread. Who's got time to proofread when I have so much content to create? ­čśé

Cons: It doesn't always work. For example, on this site. I made some little mistakes while writing this review, and the incorrectly written word did get underlined... however when I clicked to get it corrected according to the suggestion by the extension, it did not end up correcting it. So it corrects it for a second and then it reverts back. So that's clearly a bug or something. It does the same thing when I use it in ActiveCampaign - sometimes it messes up the formatting bc of the plugin. Also in some places, where I write copy directly onto a landing page builder like Clickfunnels, if I do not correct or ignore the red underlines on words that were "incorrectly" written (sometimes it corrects words that are correct... at least correct for me) if I leave them, the page saves WITH the red underlines, so then people see those underlines when they are viewing the landing page regardless of whether they have the plugin or not (from what I've heard from people). So, still some bugs clearly.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2019
Thien H.
Student
  • Reviewed on 24/08/2018

"Essential tool for non-native English speakers, but still needs a lot of improvements"

Pros: It can catch most of the grammatic and spelling errors. I particularly like the fact that this service works across multiple environments: desktop, web application, and browser extensions. My language activity can be passively monitored in daily life without the need of actual working, so I have a lot of chances to improve my English writing skill. Plus, Grammarly occasionally send statistics of your language performance in comparison to other users so that you can see what is your weaknesses and strengths. Grammarly has suggested a great deal of academic words to replace informal words in my reports, I highly evaluate the software's language intelligence. I have also used the Grammarly editor. The interface is very minimal, very zen, distraction-free, I really like that!

Cons: Although the software is really smart when it points out my faults, sometimes I do not advocate its overuse of simplicity. Grammarly always tries to break my sentence into smaller statements. If you write blogs or novels, that may be necessary. However, that does not hold true in any case. Technical documents require run-on sentences to fully describe a concept or a term. Breaking sentences simply makes the description very disruptive, but Grammarly keeps telling me to simplify! That's really frustrating. Grammarly also lacks of integration with other apps. Grammarly is developed to be a language checker, so investment in the editor can be minimal. But the fact that I cannot use Grammarly with Microsoft Word or LibreOffice is super inconvenient. This missing service, if released, will be a huge step for Grammarly. Right now it only supports English. I expect to see more languages to come, so the cost of a Grammarly membership is actually worth it. Lastly, using Grammarly in daily tasks like writing a Facebook status might be a good idea to learn English, but it raises some privacy concerns about the data Grammarly might be able to collect.

• Reviewed on 24/08/2018
Joselyn A.
Healthcare Account Executive
Staffing & Recruiting, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2020

"Grammarly Business Honest Review"

Comments: The main advantage I have with Grammarly is that it makes my writing easy, it is like having an assistant by my side that indicates the correct way to write, not only indicates grammatical and punctuation errors, but also suggests an appropriate style to write, showing me how to structure what I write. It is impossible to write 100% perfect and more without software dedicated to grammar, so I recommend Grammarly to people who work with documents frequently since Grammarly is of great help to avoid making grammatical errors.

Pros: Due to my work I have to be writing all the time, emails, letters, memos, among others, and let's be honest, nobody writes perfectly and much less do we have time to take care of the writing style and its due punctuation, that's why we use Grammarly In my HR department frequently, there are three features that I could highlight from Grammarly: the first is the MS office Plugin, it integrates with MS Word, from my point of view it is the best way to use Grammarly, the second tool that I like the most is his Style Guide, is a real-time assistant that reviews the writing style depending on the type of document I write, it suggests the appropriate way to do it. Lastly, real-time grammar checker is very helpful since it shows you the grammar errors and advanced grammar rules; you usually would not perceive just having MS Word.

Cons: Something I don't like is that the Microsoft office plugin sometimes has synchronization issue and I have to reinstall it to work, this has happened to me in several versions of Grammarly.

• Reviewed on 26/07/2020
manager
Market Research, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/12/2018

"Great Product Poor Customer Service"

Comments: The experiance over all with Grammerly has been ideal when it comes to making sure everything is well read and makes sense. When it comes to grammer and Customer service although they could do better themselves.

Pros: The Ability to be able to have your work checked as you go is amazing. Not everyone will be able to catch every mistake right away or even after proof reading their work several times but with Grammerly it catches it for you. It also catches to see if there are any pieces of someones work that have been taken from other articles, books, news letters ect which helps when writing a presentation or column of your own. All work is saved so you never have to save it to your desk top or lap top.
The software can be added as an extention to your device to check all work you do for spell check as well.

Cons: The price is a bit much for the little features that they do have, although they do offer free trials there is not much you can do with the free trial.
And when you do pay your monthly subscribstion even with in your business each employee can only use the software/program for a certain number of documents each month before your are no longer able to use Grammerly to check your documents, writting or work.
The customer service department can not be reached by phone at all, you would only be able to reach them via email. When visiting the website there is no Customer service phone number or fax number only an email address.

• Reviewed on 26/12/2018
Yunusa O.
Field Coordinator
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/09/2019

"One of the Best Writing Proofreader"

Comments: I can't do without using Grammarly in my writing business. It has saved me tons of stress and money in actually getting a person to make manual proofreading. It eases my work greatly and I will recommend it to anyone that ever needs it

Pros: Grammarly is by far the best writing aid I have ever used. The best thing about the software (Grammarly) is that it can easily spot grammatical errors or mistakes and gives you the correct tense or suggestions. You can easily correct or proofread a thousand-word article in a minute. It is the most reliable proof-reading tool for research paper works or articles I have ever used. Another major feature is that it offers you options to select the language you want to make your corrections and the type and the type of paper or article you want to correct to give it originality.
Grammarly is also available in various platforms. You can download the extension plugin for browsers and use it live while working online and also offline.

Cons: While Grammarly is undoubtedly very good in making suggestions. Some of the edits or suggestions may also be very wrong. For example, in the case of using an actual name that isn't in English (maybe the name of a person, or a company name) and the context in which is being used. Grammarly may give wrong highlights of such instance, So it's left for the users to do manual edit and update them into Grammarly as actual valid words or statements.

• Reviewed on 19/09/2019
Marketing Assistant
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2020

"Correct Grammar with Ease"

Comments: Grammarly has saved a lot of time when drafting content because it highlights errors as you're typing. This makes proofreading a breeze. Yes, you still need to proofread because Grammarly is not a mind reader and you need to ensure its suggestions align with your intent. For the most part, I find that I have very little to no edits after I have composed something because the corrections were made along the way.

Pros: Grammarly is a wonderful software for those who struggle with word choice, word placement, and whose first language is not English. Even if you do not consider yourself to be one who struggles, it's a great tool to have at your disposal to double-check any errors you might have missed. It's also awesome that you are not required to compose your writing within Grammarly. The software has an extension that allows it to check your grammar in just about any if not all other programs in which you will be drafting content. It's simply an extremely handy tool if you type at all.

Cons: Grammarly is free to use but not all features are free for use. The software does have paid features that provide deeper review and recommendations for your writing. The features are definitely valuable, and the user will need to determine if payment is a necessary feature for their writing projects.

• Reviewed on 12/03/2020
Shikha V.
HR Manager
Staffing & Recruiting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2019

"Grammarly- Smart, accurate and proficient assistance to your writings"

Comments: The overall experience has been good so far but I would like to see upgrades to the current version we have. They could work on their pricing techniques to provide more features in their current packages.

Pros: Grammarly is the best-known online grammar-checking tool, which facilitates and enhance the business communication and thus enables you to sound more professional in your emails.
This is an extremely easy to use application and works well on all browsers including Chrome, Firefox and Safari. It allows the customization of text and lets you select American/British English. This feature helps when you want to direct your message to a specific audience.
It provides a proofreading to your writing on your behalf and it would point out the smallest mistake in your text-grammar, punctuation and spelling mistakes. Simultaneously, it would improve your vocabulary by suggesting words that you would not use very often and make you customary to those words.
After using the free version of this application myself, I found the application to be amazing and I suggested having this application for our recruiters. We use this application on daily basis now and it has enhanced the email transactions between our recruiters and potential candidates.

Cons: The entire product is good but it is little expensive. They do have free trials but they have blocked many features on free trials so it almost work like spelling checker only. The customer support team is responsive only over emails. You have to wait for a long time before you can reach out to a human voice and sometimes the waiting period is so long that you might just give up on it.

• Reviewed on 30/04/2019
Jordan D.
Marketing Analytics Specialist
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2019

"Just Shut Up and Give Them Your Money...Great Grammar Check For Business"

Comments: Nothing short of a life-saver. When you wear several different hats, you need a tool like this to automate some of the mundane things in life.

Pros: At this very moment, I'm using Grammarly to write this review- a positive one at that. Why do you ask? It helps assist in correcting any spelling or punctuation issues that I have along the way. During the workday, it comes in handy as idiot insurance. Before sending out a company-wide email or dealing with a high-steaks client, it makes all the difference from fixing mistakes in real-time or spending hours proof-checking millions of times. Let's be honest, it won't do everything for you, but it's a great way of preventing common spelling errors along the way.

Cons: Price-point. I do believe that it is worth the price for all the features that you get though.

• Reviewed on 04/08/2019
Maryann A.
Freelancer
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2019

"Grammar correction"

Comments: Grammaly Business has been a useful tool for getting my work done without worrying about plagiarism, bad sentence structure and spellings. Grammarly Business has helped me in delivering my projects as a professional. I would strongly recommend Grammarly Business to all professionals because it's worth having.

Pros: Grammarly Business is a software that can be added to your browser extension to help correct errors in your write ups. As a freelance writer I have used various grammar correction tools online that offer various services and Grammarly Business has stood .
As a newbie was was searching for a correction tool that would help with my sentence structure, punctuations and grammar. I needed a tool that would carry out these functions with little or no fees. With Grammarly Business I was able to upload or copy my articles and then paste them on the website for corrections. The free trial enabled me to view the correct spellings of some words, I was able to change my sentence structure because they were in passive sentences. I was also able to correct redundant words and also words that were repeated extensively.

Cons: The Grammarly Business was able to perform reasonable services even on free trial but I needed to upgrade in order to view all the words that needs to be corrected. The premium service also enables you to proofread your work. Now as a newbie with little or no money to spare for premium, I had to only depend on the free trial service which was limited. But if you have enough to spare for quality work, the Grammarly Business is an excellent tool that helps with proofreading, sentence structure, grammar, spellings and also check for plagiarism.

• Reviewed on 08/08/2019
Head of Project Management
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2019

"Better Than Built in Spell Checkers"

Comments: I would definitely recommend the tool to others and I do more often than not. I don't need to worry any more about making mistakes in my emails, tasks or documents as Grammarly would easily take care of them. I would be happier if there were more features for the free version but I also understand why there aren't. Everyone should have it.

Pros: I mainly use Grammarly integrated with my internet browser, and it is a great tool for spell checking. In my day to day work I write many emails, tasks and different documents, often I am in a hurry and made grammar and spelling mistakes, having a tool like Grammarly to do fast checks for me and show me my mistakes is a real time saver. It is efficient and really easy to use.

Cons: I only use the free version, as the paid one is pretty expensive for a start up to afford for all employees. The disadvantage are the limited features in the free plan, for example bad sentence structure and plagiarism detection are missing, and they are crucial for our Marketing department but we make it work without them.
Another issue that I noticed is that Grammarly sometimes, as a browser plugin, interferes with some websites and makes them very buggy, for example the page is jumping constantly and refreshing all the time. When I disable the plugin and they work just fine. Haven't found out yet why this is happening.

• Reviewed on 11/01/2019
Agent Marketing Lead
Insurance, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2019

"Great Tool, Easy to Use, Saves Time"

Comments: Overall, Grammarly is a great tool that I rely on heavily to keep my writing accurate. It also helps me learn along the way and see how my writing compares with others.

Pros: ÔÇó Easy to correct mistakes.
ÔÇó One-click will correct a misspelled word or grammatical error.
ÔÇó Fun features like emojis that show what the tone of your writing is conveying.
ÔÇó Clearly highlights where the mistakes are with red underlines so you can go through your writing and correct every error.
ÔÇó Add commonly used words that may be company jargon or not common words to a personal dictionary to avoid having to correct them every time you use them.
ÔÇó Keeps track of your writing and gives you insights on how well you are writing, and what areas you need to work on.
ÔÇó Easily disable Grammarly from a website if you do not want the suggestions to appear.

Cons: ÔÇó It can be glitchy on occasion and leave pop up windows where you are trying to type.
ÔÇó Some correction suggestions are inaccurate and if taken may make the sentence sound strange. (For example in the bullet point above, it wanted me to change my sentence to read, "...leave the pop-up windows..." It also asked me to correct pop up in this sentence to pop-up, but did not suggest it in the previous sentence.)

• Reviewed on 03/12/2019
Wendy W.
Public Relations & Communications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2020

"Grammarly Business Helps My Business Make a Good First Impression"

Comments: I love that I'm able to provide this tool via one account for The Weekend Gourmet and share with my staff. Whether we're writing a report in MSWord, sending an e-mail via Gmail, writing a client presentation with PowerPoint, or sending a text message on our phones on the go? Grammarly Business is there to make sure they're all polished! Suggestions pop up to fix grammar, spelling, punctuation errors...and ways to get our point across clearly. I have nearly two decades of experience as an Editor...and Grammarly Business still helps me find ways to say things better. The end result? I look better, my staff looks better, and The Weekend Gourmet looks better. It's a competitive market...and sometimes a client decision is made on who to partner with based on intangibles like attention to detail!

Pros: I love that Grammarly Business is a total solution: it ensures that our reports/e-mails/presentations, etc. are correct for grammar, spelling, and punctuation. However, it also ensures that our written materials are clear and easy to understand. The old adage that you only have once to make a first impression is very true! With Grammarly Business, I'm able to be confident that any written materials me or my staff creates are clean and clear. Anything that we send to current or potential new clients is 100% clean, which give me confidence we're putting our best foot forward!

Cons: Nothing, really...it's great application that runs in the background.

• Reviewed on 20/03/2020
Shayne H.
Director of Sales
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2019

"Certainly better than any other grammar correction tool I've used"

Comments: I am happy that Grammarly exists! The fact that it pops up everywhere I compose content is amazing! Lastly, it has rendered me more confident about my content.

Pros: 1) Highly Accurate: Grammarly can find the most insignificant errors in your content including comma placements, double spaces, etc. 2) Suggestions: Often, when you have a lot of composed content, you can scroll through the entire document and fix what is incorrect with just a click. 3) Justification: In case you find yourself confused about a certain error, Grammarly will provide you with a brief explanation for its suggestions. 4) Versatility and Compatibility: Grammarly is compatible with Chrome, Safari and Firefox. It even works on other applications like MS Word, etc.

Cons: There's not much that I can say against this tool. However, if you're going to use it, I suggest you go in for the paid version. Here's why:- 1) Aggressive Advertising: When using the free version of this tool, it constantly reminds you of the features you're missing out on because you don't have the premium version. This can get annoying. That isn't the only problem. Grammarly does a great job with fixing basic errors in the free version, but it constantly tells you that there's something else wrong with your content that can be fixed with the premium version.

• Reviewed on 22/02/2019
Nick A.
District Staff Development Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2018

"More Than Just Spellcheck"

Comments: The ability to check my spelling and grammar whenever and wherever I am online. It is also a huge benefit and learning tool for students to gauge where they are and what they need to work on. Grammar is usually difficult to teach and not very exciting, this is more personalized and often takes the stink out on it. Plus it monitors the students when they are away from class.

Pros: The teaching and learning aspect. Instead of just verifying your spelling and offering you the correct spelling, Grammarly analyzes your sentence structure and provides the correct spelling as well as grammar and then shows you why what you wrote is wrong and HOW to fix it. Plus, this tracks what you are typing everywhere: email, computer programs, online. No other program I have used can do this. I also love the email summarizes you get at the end of the week that give you an overview of your writing as a whole, from mistakes to vocab usage. Best program out there IMO.

Cons: Sometimes the grammar checker gets in the way. However, you can turn the feature off, so this isn't too concerning. Obviously, to get the most out of this program you need to pay for it. I wish it could check grammar and spelling in Google Docs.

• Reviewed on 10/03/2018
Hilary C.
customer service officer
Banking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/08/2019

"will all need a helper with our English, why not grammarly"

Comments: I hate proof reading, when there is no one to do it for me, l know grammarly will. And l know my presentations will always be awesome because of this software. I like it. Mistakes in writing will always be there, this software is there for you to minimize those. Especially general spelling and tenses mistakes.

Pros: signing up is totally free
it works with almost all my writing platforms and social media.
there is a tutorial of how to use the application, you do not spend hours wondering how to use the software
it always gives me alternative words, which we all always run out of.
it stores up all the files that l previously worked on, so that's a pro for me for, sometimes l loose my files, but l know when l sign in on grammarly it will have all the records.
grammarly always advances its features and functionalities, l can sign in with it on chrome and on my windows machine as well as on Microsoft office
options for premiums are there too.
All the writers are recommended to use grammarly, its just the best.
its fast in detection of errors and in giving its suggestions.
the option to adjust your writing to select tone, audience and formality helps out to distinguish my report writing language, informal, and articles writing from my blog.

Cons: grammarly is not that great at correcting my punctuation for example these signs, " " it does not really pick up said words and cover them in those marks. This is only detected by a premium grammarly.
as always, you cannot use grammarly offline, you need the internet.

Advancement Admin
Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2020

"Life is beautiful with Grammarly Business!"

Comments: We use it daily for a whole host of features. I appreciate that it now integrates so well with Word and Google Education Suite products. The weekly email is constructive with most missed items. We love comparing our badges and how many words we've had checked. I depend on this product for assistance with Grant writing proposals, personal correspondence, donor communications, and more. Helpful in all aspects of our teamwork as it boosts confidence in ensuring our work reads as professional and polished. (okay, I have it on now, and it's highlighting 'reads' in the last sentence as an error. The great thing is I can override this, add it to my personal dictionary or click on it to get more insight).

Pros: What is not to like??? Grammarly continues to offer more services and can now help with tone and overall feel of writing. This is very helpful when switching writing styles from scholarly articles to business writing. Also, they understand the oxford comma! P.s. I can use it on almost all websites and forms, including this review for Capterra.

Cons: Really have nothing to add. Some issues with renewing (credit card expired) but they were quite helpful to ensure our services continued.

• Reviewed on 17/05/2020
Sherry G.
Embedded developer
  • Reviewed on 24/08/2019

""Must have tool""

Pros: its user-friendly GUI and suggestion box for all documentation is the most lovable feature. it not only removes grammatical mistakes but also makes suggestions to make your writing readable and easy to understand. I recommend it to all people, who want to have their own personal assistant for proof-reading their text, be it browser, any software, mobile or any office suite.

Cons: sometimes, in word software, I need to initiate it manually. this feature can be improved. Otherwise, it's the best. I am using for the last 2 years, and it is fun.

• Reviewed on 24/08/2019
Clerical/Graphic Designer/Website Admin
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2020

"Grammarly is one software I ACTUALLY recommend"

Comments: Grammarly is fantastic. It has helped me create more professional looking and sounding documents, emails, etc. It's awesome! I wish I would've had it all throughout high school and college!

Pros: Many review sites ask: Would you recommend this software/product? And many of us lie and say we would, but who really goes around recommending software offhand without direct solicitation? Grammarly however breaks the mold. I use it in my professional and personal life and they just keep adding features that make it better and better. Any time I hear anyone mention anything about writing, whether it is reports or emails, I drop in and suggest they give Grammarly a shot since its so easy to install. Most of my colleagues have ended up springing for the paid version because they liked the free one so much. One of my favorite newer features is the "Tone Detector" which instantly gives me feedback on how my emails and other professional correspondence sounds to others, which has helped me eliminate misunderstandings in the office and with vendors.

Cons: I haven't figured out if there's a way to save frequently used or unusual words outside of setting up a style guide. The area we live in has a lot of Native American names for places, and Grammarly loves to pester me to fix them! I can hit ignore, but I would prefer to just save the word!

• Reviewed on 30/09/2020
Ina eliza G.
Administrator
Insurance, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/08/2019

"It really makes your life and your job easier"

Comments: It saves me time and not only. In my job is very important to write without mistakes. Considering that English is my second language, mistakes are inevitably. We are making mistakes even when we speak our mother language. I look professionally. Plus, it is a way of learning : you see your mistake, you see how it is right and you learn (if you want). I highly recommend it.

Pros: I like how it gives you options regarding the words that the system thinks you might want to use. Also helping you with the grammar when you accidentally put the vwrb at the wrong time. Commas were never my strong point, so the software is really in handy when I get to them (usually I tend to use too many). I like how easy the software is to use.

Cons: The only thing would be that sometimes wants you to correct what doesn't need to be corrected. But it is a software so how should it know when something is outside its "way of thinking". I mean, they already found a solution for this : you add this word to the vocabulary. But this is nothing comparing to the benefits that it brings.