Square Appointments Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall

About Square Appointments

Square Appointments is an all-in-one scheduling POS for booking, payments, and team management.

Learn more about Square Appointments

Vesta G.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/08/2016

"Excellent saas"

Comments: This appointment system has changed the way we work and increased our revenue. And the regular updates are incredibly useful, systematically solving one issue after another. We are so happy with this service.

Pros: -have customers pre-pay for appointments
-manage multiple types of appointment and multiple employees
-fine tune cancellation periods
-charge cancellation fees
-useful analytics

Cons: -While there is a client list, which is great, it does not connect back to the charges or appointments made by that client, so it's very difficult to backtrack and figure out how a client has interacted with your company. For instance, a client calls and gives you their name and would like to cancel an appointment for a refund. The easy thing would be to find their name in the client list and see their appointment and charge, click over and cancel and refund. Right now, you'd have to click through and find their appointment by looking week-by-week. It gets even harder if someone has canceled the appointment. Then there's no way to find the payment they made, e.g. to verify that they've been refunded.

• Reviewed on 23/08/2016
Denise J.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2018

"Professional Edge"

Comments: My business is a referral based appointment only business. I have tried two other online schedule systems prior to square. Both proved to be complicated and confusing for myself and my clients causing many missed appointments by both of us. Since Square not only has my appointment calendar run like a well oil machine but I have been able to add therapists and because it’s so interactive I am able to now schedule for a massage client who would like to try a facial. Also, it is extremely easy to adjust the services to allow for monthly specials.

Pros: Easy to use both for my staff and clients. Interactive, staff can view and help manage each other’s schedule. Also, can block off time if needed.

Cons: I really haven’t found anything I don’t like with this system. Extremely pleased

• Reviewed on 15/11/2018
Jamie A.
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2020

"Great customer service and does what it needs"

Comments: Great! Honestly, except for the forms situation...it was been what I need. Customer service reps are very nice and helpful.

Pros: I like the simplicity of it, it is well organized, and it is user friendly....especially for a new business owner like me

Cons: Yes, not having a forms option. I am in the beauty industry/PMU and it is super important for me to have clients fill out forms. Having to print them out and then having them fill them out on the day of their appointment is time consuming. I wish that Square already had the options to send clients forms (and forms with images on them). And having to turn on my location settings every time I wanted to log on to the app

• Reviewed on 22/08/2020
April D.
Self employed
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2021

"Love this software"

Comments: My overall experience with this software is awesome and I wouldn’t use anything else it’s that great

Pros: I love the fact that it’s easy to use and that it’s easy for my clients to use this has help my business greatly

Cons: There is nothing I don’t like about this software because it has been great and I couldn’t live with out it

• Reviewed on 30/07/2021
Ren Z.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2016

"Promising but very limited"

Comments: Limited feature set for the price compared to cheaper more feature-rich alternatives available on the market. It's year 2016, and makers of this software still haven't implemented a simple feature like service name showing in the booked time slot when staff view the calendar. Unless you're using their iPad app their web calendar interface is horrible. Worst of all, this system is so primitive that it forces customers to enter full name, phone, and email address EVERY SINGLE TIME to book an appointment. The only reason we switched to Square Appointments in the first place was to prevent no-shows by activating "Hold Card for No-Show Protection". This feature is half-baked because there's no way to save card info for future bookings. As of November 2016 no improvements have been made to mitigate that despite their tech staff promising to fix it when we first signed up with them in May 2016. I have sent them tons of usability improving ideas but only a few were addressed. We're on the verge of canceling our account with them because our clients constantly complain about what I described above, but worst of all we've noticed major decline in booking conversions from even our current clients, let alone newcomers. It holds promise, it is just not ready for prime time.

Pros: It has a dedicated iPad app.

Cons: Customer has to fill out his name, email, phone and credit card every single time appointment is booked. That's annoying and enough to steer even the most loyal customers away.

• Reviewed on 10/11/2016
Tiri B.
Hairstylist
  • Reviewed on 06/03/2019

"Would recommend to small business owners"

Comments: I haven’t had any problems with square so far everything isn’t great but it’s good for a small business owner like myself

Pros: What I like the most is that I am able to keep track of my appointments and clients so easily. It’s a great way to keep your calendar in check!

Cons: I do not like that I cannot sync my phone calendar and the square app or even if they had a widget for the Notification Center would be great!

Toniann P.
Receponist
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2020

"Salon appointments"

Comments: It's been okay. It took some time to get used to. Some things I would change.

Pros: This program is good for salon appointments BUT, it could be better. I love how it sends out confirmations for you.

Cons: Someone who runs a salon should really help make this program better. It's decent, but so much improvement can be made.

• Reviewed on 08/09/2020
Stylist
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2019

"Love the ease and low fees!"

Comments: So easy to use with my small business. Thank you for all of the wonderful features and tracking purchases/reports.

Pros: Low fees across the board! Same fees for all credit cards, no hidden fees. Love the option to send an invoice to customers via email to pay!

Cons: Service industry- - Once the customer signs and hits accept, they cannot go back to enter a tip. Most credit card processors, have the option to add the tip after- with square customer must do it before they sign, or you cannot do it

• Reviewed on 20/03/2019
David C.
COO
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2019

"Remarkably Well Done"

Comments: We had a need: schedule 360 head shots for a client in a month and a half. How could we possibly communicate with that many people to arrange schedules? Our solution was Square Appointments. We set up the schedule, blocked out times, and were able to make exceptions. We sent the link to the app, and each individual person signed up. This was an easy to use solution for scheduling a load of services, and made this a profitable project for us!

Pros: It was easy to set up. It was easy to make modifications. It was easy for all the potential clients under the age of 70. It worked with no hiccups.

Cons: Occasionally, we had a client who could not use the software and had to call. In every case, they were using Internet Explorer (no telling what version) OR they simply said they preferred to call.

• Reviewed on 24/10/2019
Derek W.
Owner/operator
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2016

"Groom my Style!"

Comments: I have been with square for about a year in half. It has been everything and much more in value. My clients rave about how easy it is to book appointments. So excellent!!!

Pros: Easy!!!

Cons: I would like to see more of my suggestion.

• Reviewed on 04/08/2016
Paula G.
CMT & Owner
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2018

"Nice addition to Square suite of small business management tools."

Pros: Integrates well with Square payments, portability across devices, easy to use interface, ideal for companies that anticipate growth.

Cons: More expensive than other comparable online schedulers, abundance of features may be excessive for many small business owners.

• Reviewed on 12/04/2018
Stephanie G.
Spa Director
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2018

"Basic Booking"

Pros: What I like most about this software is the calendar view when appointments are scheduled. It is very easy to navigate through the mobile site when looking at your schedule. The calendar is sharp and I like how there are different tabs at the top to navigate through clients, the clients who have booked online, as well as the basic overview of booking details. There is a notes section in each clients account so you can put notes about the client or formulas/things to notate on their account.

Cons: What I did not like while testing out this booking software is that it is too basic. The schedule is pretty much all one color and I like to see a breakdown in a detailed report for each client. I want to see a chart with the information of all the clients listed. It gets confusing when you are trying to view all these tools through the Square Appointments app. I also had a few issues with customer service where it took them longer than expected to get back to me.

• Reviewed on 19/01/2018
Hair stylist
Cosmetics, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2019

"I love square appointments"

Pros: It’s free! Unlike a lot of other appointment apps

Cons: So far there is nothing I can say that i don’t like

• Reviewed on 09/08/2019
Elisa E.
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/03/2019

"Good product for starting out"

Pros: This is very simple to set up and works great if you are using square for payments.

Cons: This is limited in how you can take certain types of bookings. For example, if you have a spa that needs two rooms or technicians booked at the same time or for one service (but say 15 min with one person then 30 min with the other) this appointment software doesn't have the capability to set that up.

Andrea N.
Microblading Artist
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2019

"Love this app!"

Comments: Square Appointments have made my busy life so much easier.

Pros: Easy to use. I love that I can text and/or email appt reminders to my clients through this app. I can easily make changes. Makes
My busy life easier!

Cons: I have nothing negative to speak of with this application. Square is definitely a benefit to my business

• Reviewed on 03/10/2019
Alexandra G.
Hair Stylist
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2019

"Square"

Pros: I like how east it is to navigate. It makes everybody’s experience go a lot smoother with rarely any confusion.

Cons: The only thing I would say negatively would be there are a lot of options- which is great for someone who typically prefers a lot to choose from. The only problem with it is that typically our clients just want black and white, yes or no, a or b.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2019
Sandra P.
Corporate Systems Trainer
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2018

"Square Appointments works great!"

Pros: What I like most about Square Appointments is that it is very user friendly and once you schedule the appointments, the reminder feature is awesome!

• Reviewed on 08/03/2018
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2020

"A good tool, but not as fully featured as competitors"

Comments: It was good while I was using it, but I found a better alternative.

Pros: I really liked how easy it was to set up, and the fact that it integrates natively with Square (but why wouldn't it?)

Cons: It didn't have as many handy tools as some of the competitors, so I ended up switching to a product offering a LTD and am extremely happy.

• Reviewed on 02/04/2020
Latoya K.
Latoya K.
Accountant
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2018

"Awesome Scheduler"

Comments: Having everything streamlined in one app. Also it takes the responsibility away from accepting phone calls for appointments. We can direct everyone to the website and it syncs with our phones to alert us. It also gives us the ability to accept an appointment or not.

Pros: Being able to embed this tool into my website. The previous scheduler did not provide this convenience. It's easy to use and easy to setup and it doesn't cost our company a dime.

Cons: No dislikes thus far. Have not used the tool longer than a month.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2018
Kaes A.
surgeon
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2021

"Great as a stand alone product"

Pros: easy to start and integrate with a website, allows synching to Google calendar and to integrate with other Square products or other payment systems. can be used from mobile devices.

Cons: Doesn't integrate with medical EMRs which is unfortunate, this however is not unique to this product as most medical EMRs are very stringent on allowing third party software to integrate and share their database.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2021
Owner / Home Inspector

"Excellent scheduling software."

Pros: Ease of use, flexibility and you can pretty much make it work for most any business... almost. No real issues.

Cons: The same caveat with all other softwares is that you can not restrict only certain items to certain times.

Jamie F.
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2016

"Not for us"

Comments: Square appointments did not work for us. We have many therapist and the features did not work for our use. There was a long lag time for the application to reload once a change was made. Customer service was ok but was not able to resolve our issues.

Pros: The look of the website

Cons: Limiting for our use

• Reviewed on 15/11/2016
Spa Supervisor
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2018

"this product was easy to use for appointments and tracking"

Comments: Seems very easy for a small business to use and process!

Pros: The data is easily located and put into chart form. When scheduling appointments it is simple to do so and cancel as well.

Cons: There is not much. it would be nice if when scheduling appointments, we were able to see the amount of time that is available instead of only the time allotted for the selected service.

Youth Pastor
Sports, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2021

"Great booking for small business"

Comments: Solid experience overall. Would recommend for sure.

Pros: The functionality of Square is second to none. The customization and powerful features are what drew me to it.

Cons: Ease of use is not great with this software. Took some time to poke around articles and Google to fully understand getting the features where I needed them.

• Reviewed on 28/02/2021
Vice President
Retail
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2018

"Great for any appointment based business"

Pros: I use this feature whenever I schedule a weekend long meeting session. It works out great for my customers to be able to pay me ahead of time and me to be able to track my appointments accordingly.

Cons: It is a stand alone site and it doens't integrate with my current wix platform. I wish you could embed it inside.

• Reviewed on 07/02/2018