About ProPresenter

Industry leading media and worship lyric presentation tool built for Mac and Windows. Download the free demo today!

Learn more about ProPresenter

Pros:

ProPresenter 7 anticipates what we need, and creates powerful tools that helps us make an impact in our church and our community.

Cons:

If your graphic is too large, it doesn't always display as a thumbnail and takes an extra second or two to fire.

ProPresenter ratings

4.3
4.4
4.5
4.4

9.1/10

ProPresenter has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 1,848 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ProPresenter before?

Filter reviews (1,848)

Simon M.
Simon M.
Chief Creator in India
Media Production, 2-10 Employees

Whether you're a gathering of 6 or 60,000 people, ProPresenter scales very well!

5 4 weeks ago New

Comments: From the time we decided to take the plunge to having used it for years now, working on ProPresenter has been such a great delight. Given that most services depend on volunteers, it was becoming increasingly difficult to have the manpower required to run these different systems. Using ProPresenter to integrate into our current production rig, saves us both time and resources.

Pros:

The biggest advantage of using ProPresenter for us was the ability to have multiple outputs to multiple displays. Having the ability to add and subtract layers on the fly is another great advantage of using this great software. The ability to integrate it with our present music production software (Ableton Live) is what made it possible to automate our audio and lighting scenes. This is far ahead of what the competition offers at the moment.

Cons:

The barrier to entry is probably the price and yearly subscription. While it may not be a lot, the possibility of a very small congregation or international audiences not being able to afford it, is a likelihood.

Erik B.
Director of Young Adults and Connections in US

Next Level Presentations

5 3 weeks ago New

Comments: We use this software at our church to structure our service. What I love about this entire thing is that its relatively pretty easy to use and also to load any type of media into the presentation. The features on this program are well worth it, and enable our church to communicate visually in a professional and powerful way.

Pros:

This software can do just about anything you need it to do for small and big presentations. I love how easy it is to drag and drop whatever I need into how I want to structure our services. I enjoy how even the little things like "go to logo" are able to be displayed at the click of a button. The ability for it to link up with ccli is also amazing. Song lyrics just pop right into the program at ease.

Cons:

There are times when the program can seem rather overwhelming. I forget at times where certain things are located or which buttons do what even though I use the software quite often. I wish the layout was a bit simpler. At times certain functionalities can be a bit buggy, however its usually solved by restarting the program.

Gagan K.
Student in India
Education Management, Self Employed

Experience of Pre Presenter

3 2 months ago New

Pros:

My most favorite thing about this application is layout and representation, it's like everything we need at any time , it's already there and we can find it very easy, and the animations are quite amazing.

Cons:

The worst thing about this is it stuck too much sometimes while typing, applying forts and many other time, rest is good

Albert P.
Pastor in US

The Next Level of Presentation

4 3 weeks ago New

Comments: My overall experience has been nothing but positive. For the price point you get an amazing product that will meet most if not all of your presentation needs. The video tutorials are excellent and I have been able to get support via chat and talking to a live person as well, which is fantastic it today's world. I am still discovering new capabilities and how to implement them and the constant improvements and updates are well received.

Pros:

ProPresenter 7 enables our relatively small church to present professional looking graphics to our online and in house worshipers. Even though the initial learning curve is relatively steep, there are plenty of tutorials and videos available to make the learning detailed and easy. Once I learned the basics, I was astounded at the simplicity and complexity of the program. You can do basic presentation with ease and quickly master more complicated ways of utilizing the capabilities of ProPresenter more fully. One of the best and most helpful features is the ability to create different themes that can be applied to text. This saves you so much time. Separating media, slides, announcements, video input etc. into different layers that can be selected or cleared gives you many different options and features in using the product. Being able to send the same text to a display in house on a full screen and at the same time as a lower third on a live stream is a very useful feature. Another great feature is that your work is immediately saved as you work on a presentation. No need to worry that you will lose your work if you forget to save. This is also not a stagnant one time buy, but a product which evolves and improves all the time with new features and the latest ideas for application.

Cons:

For whatever reason the program takes a while to load on a computer. More so than most other software programs. Even though there is an app available that can serve as a remote to control the program from a phone or tablet, as apposed to a computer, the design is poor and the functionality is limited. Propresenter recently released a plug in for stream deck, which is also available as an app, which will probably make up for the lack of a good remote. As far as I am aware of, there is no physical remote that will work well with ProPresenter.

Cornell J.
Lead Pastor in US

Great, But Pricy

4 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Proprsenter is great, but the cost is a bit concerning for me. When it is properly set up and functioning well, you will be pleased by its performance. So be sure to compare its features and nuances before you fully commit to purchasing it.

Pros:

ProPresenter is the industry standard for churches when it comes to church presentation software solutions. There are many features to learn and make use of. There are also many Bible translations to select from as well. And lastly, there are solutions for online and live presentations as well.

Cons:

Though Propresenter is the industry standard, I can be cost prohibitive for smaller churches. In addition, there is a learning curve to learning this software, especially as it pertains to conducting live broadcasts. Therefore it is critical that you (1) know what you want from this software, (2) have the necessary funds for the additional equipment that may be needed and (3) have capable individuals operating the software.

Todd R.
Elder in US
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees

Great piece of software for church use

5 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Stability. When you doing worship services for hundreds of people on-site and many more online, it must be stable so worship is not impacted.

Cons:

Templates need to be able to be exported. We keep a backup system "just in case" and moving templates to another machine is difficult at best. We have been recreating each one manually.

Nellissa S.
Designer in US
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed

ProPresenter is a MUST for growing churches!

5 2 months ago

Pros:

I've been a worship leader for over 10 years and I can tell when a church is using propresenter and when they're not. There are so many functions and options that takes the Sunday worship experience to the next level. Their integrations and ability to make changes on the fly are bar none.

Cons:

My only concern is the cost of the software and how there isn't a discounted rate for those that may have the previous version. It takes significant investment for a church to feel the need for this software.

Zontrey T.
Zontrey T.
Technical Director in US
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees

An essential software in my daily life

5 2 months ago New

Pros:

ProPresenter (ProPresenter 7 to be specific) has been one of the primary tools that I use that has grown with the work that we do in a production environment. Whenever I seem to find limitations there is something new released or demonstrated in a training.

Cons:

You are only limited by the specifications of your computer. I don't have any least likes for ProPresenter, only an old computer.

Brandon A.
Brandon A.
Creative Director in US

Great Option for Church Media Presentation

5 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

While, at first, it seems it can be relatively complex, it doesn't take long to understand how ProPresenter works. There is a lot you can do with this software—from basic presentation to more complex service production, ProPresenter handles it all.

Cons:

There are only minor things I like least about ProPresenter — mostly user preference items. I do enjoy the convenience of ProPresenter's mobile app to control the software wirelessly, but it needs improvements. I constantly face connectivity issues when I am no more than 20 feet away from the computer, even with 100+ Mbps internet speeds. The app also has responsive issues and is slightly complicated to use.

Brianna P.
Worship Director in US
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees

ProPresenter is the best of the options

5 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

I like using pro presenter because they make it easy to use. First of all, they connect to a gallery of common songs so you can upload lyrics into slide presentations, cutting out the work of finding the lyrics and entering them by hand. This also reduces errors on slides. Additionally, they have a variety of static or moving backgrounds that are engaging. Finally, it syncs to other software programs I use making integrations and work easy.

Cons:

I like everything about pro presenter. I train in our volunteers to use it and it's always easy to explain and use.

Joel S.
Media Director in US
Religious Institutions, 201-500 Employees

Great Presentation Software for Churches

5 3 months ago

Comments: We are using this for 3 church services a week as our presentation software. I would recommend it to anyone. It delivers our lyrics, graphics, and Scriptures in a professional way at a great value.

Pros:

Pro Presenter is easy to use. I can teach a volunteer to use the basic features within a few minutes of sitting down at the computer. The integration with CCLI to import songs is a feature that is a huge time saver. Formatting is a breeze with the toolbar. Editing spelling errors on the fly is quick and easy. Overall it is a great value for the purchase price. My team loves it, and we will continue to us it for many years to come. It is simple to make professional presentations quickly.

Cons:

The only area I would like to see improved is the mobile app. It is very nice to have, but is a little slow to load things on the fly.

IT Business Analyst | Project Team Lead | Business Process Improvement in US
Higher Education, Self Employed

Presents your services with ease

5 7 months ago

Comments: Without the great video tutorials, it would be a challenge to get started with this software, but that's why there are tutorials! Once you have the basics of this software, you are ready to go. There is a little training to understand how things work for anyone running the system. We transitioned from a different presentation software to this one and hands down are so happy with our choice to move to ProPresenter! The pricing is reasonable for even the smallest of facilities, the creation of libraries will save you time as you build them out and it is super easy to insert these pieces into your service "playlist".

Pros:

The layout and design to build a service is laid out nicely. The BEST part of this product is the building of libraries and how easy it is to build a service or presentation from your libraries, even quick additions while live!

Cons:

A few times while creating a playlist, we will find something added was not there when we started up the playlist later. We have still not solved this mystery but just have a note to always double-check for all presentations to be in the playlist!

Hunter R.
Media Director in US
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees

The best presentation software for churches, and everyone else.

5 last year

Comments: ProPresenter is volunteer friendly and a very easy to learn software with incredible flexibility. The features available in the Looks menu, Midi integration, and a simple presentation interface make this the perfect software for use in any presentation.

Pros:

Livestreaming from ProPresenter was an amazing feature for them to add. When we switched our livestream over to ProPresenter, we fixed issues we didn't even know we had. ProPresenter has unlimited output screens, so you can have 3, 6, 10, 50 individual output destinations, and ProPresenter can send your content to them all. The slide editor is seriously powerful. There's no need to build slides in Power Point anymore. Just train your pastor to edit their slides in ProPresenter. All will be well. ProPresenter is constantly getting bug fixes and major feature update. NDI is built-in to the software.

Cons:

Occasional bugs here and there, but I've never ran into anything show-stopping that wasn't a user error.

Mark M.
Lead Pastor in US

ProPresenter for Church A/C

5 2 years ago

Comments: We have had a great experience and love the way we can craft both our worship song slides as well as the sermon slides and anything else we want to do. It effortlessly handles any embedded video or audio and is just a workhorse program for all our your visual applications and needs.

Pros:

We made the switch to ProPresenter to have more options in our creativity, livestreaming, and general overall graphic and visual content. The options it presents the user with are limitless and great for expanding your creativity many different ways.

Cons:

It would be good if there were more 'on the fly" controls to instantly duplicate slides and do more things with special characters/text.

Patrick T.
Video Production Coordinator in US
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees

ProPresenter is the most versatile presentation software on the market

5 2 years ago

Comments: I cannot recommend ProPresenter enough to anybody who needs to present content. Over my years of working with the software, any bugs I've encountered have been patched out in future updates so I have no hesitation to recommend everyone use ProPresenter.

Pros:

I have yet to throw a task at ProPresenter that it couldn't handle. From its ease of use when editing slides, to the ability to work seamlessly with any number of video outputs, ProPresenter is simply the best presentation software you can find. I especially appreciate the "arrangments" feature which greatly increases productivity.

Cons:

My only real complaint about ProPresenter is the fact they removed support for social media integrations. In the previous version, you could include realtime images and text from Twitter and Facebook but they have since removed the feature.

Travis Y.
Sound Engineer in US
Media Production, 11-50 Employees

THE BEST Presentation Software on the market!!

5 3 years ago

Comments: Currently we use Pro Presenter as a House of Worship solution, and as a traveling presentation software; it flawlessly integrates with our mac mini and and 5 monitor system. The thing i love most about ProPresenter is that it is simple enough for a kid to use, and at the same time has complex feature for Pro users to indulge in like; iPad controls, Hi Definition video and audio options, social media integration and up-gradable external modules.

Pros:

The ease of use. ProPresenter generally just works. It is so hassle free and is so simple that i was able to teach it to seniors and children! When i allow end users to run our system i feel confident that they will be able to create, and run a flawless presentation!

Cons:

The only small gripe i have is that ProPresenter Pro License doesn't come with alot of free or embeded stock videos or images. The base price point is fair, i just wish there were more stock photos, video and sounds for the Pro license.

Sean L.
Associate Pastor in US

Robust Presentation Software that You'll Want

5 3 years ago

Comments: I and our team use ProPresenter for multiple services throughout the week as well as special events. My experience has been that ProPresenter is an exceptional and versatile software for handling any presentation needs. I use ProPresenter on a regular basis and have consistently had great experiences using it and being pleased with its capabilities.

Pros:

ProPresenter is a robust and multi-function capable presentation software that has tons of great features that can make anyone's presentation a professional experience. From its ability to handle picture, video, and even web-based material putting together a worship service, a corporate presentation, or a ceremony is easily handled with ProPresenter.

Cons:

There is a learning curve on building folders and presentation files as well as importing/linking files that you will use. There are helpful support pages that can assist with the learning process. Additionally, you have to be aware that ProPresenter literally takes over your computer's video and audio when it is running so that other processes don't interrupt your presentation.

Jeremy F.
Jeremy F.
Production Mgr in US
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees

Perfect for Church environment, and easy to train new users on

5 3 years ago

Comments: As a church, we need to enable the congregation to follow along with the songs we sing and the sermon that is preached. This allows us to display what we need, in a way that is both engaging AND distraction-free. The software is basic enough that my new volunteers can jump right in, but with enough advanced features that I can do more complicated slides. It also has many more features that we can use as we grow and need them without switching platforms.

Pros:

Most importantly: it is a stable product that outputs w/o any issue. Next is that it is easy to train new volunteers on the basic operations of the software. Both of these are important to us.

Cons:

I haven't yet got the ability to sync files to work smoothly using Google Drive; if I can ever get it to the point where I can trust it, it will allow me to remotely (from home) create and edit files when I have a few minutes to spare.

Justin N.
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Present With Excellence

5 3 years ago

Comments: ProPresenter has helped 2 churches I've been a part of. In the first church, ProPresenter helped us expand our media capabilities so we no longer had to rely on CD decks or external video players. Everything was in one place and quickly accessible. The other church upgraded to full HD-capable hardware, and ProPresenter allowed us to take full advantage of our setup.

Pros:

ProPresenter gives the church just about everything it needs to put on an excellent presentation on Sunday mornings, with lyrics, slides, announcements, countdowns...anything you need for service is at your fingertips. - First, this is a rare gem to have a one-time payment software. It's an investment, but you don't have to commit to monthly or yearly payments, which is very nice. - Lyric slides are robust giving you all the options you need to manipulate font and images. - For sermons, you can build really nice slides in propresenter, or bring in your powerpoint slides to use as well. - We really enjoy the lyric import tool syncing with songselect. So any new song that comes in we don't have to type up. Just import it and set it up as you want it to look on the slides. - There are numerous options to enhance your presentation experience such as Bibles you can load on there and plugging in your Twitter feed. - Also, media is very easy to handle. Import images and videos and pull them up easily with their "bin" system. - Last thing I want to hit on is the playlist system is very easy to use. Build your "Sunday morning playlist" by dragging and dropping in lyrics, slides, and other media.

Cons:

The only con about ProPresenter is how daunting the software can be. You are provided with tutorial videos and documentation, but with all the customizability inside, it can be easy to get lost, so you really have to watch the videos several times and go along with the software to get a feel for where everything is. The other con is only if it's on Windows machines, I've seen it crash or freeze more often on Windows than Macs.

Jason S.
Tech Director in US

Great production package

5 3 years ago

Pros:

If you have ever used powerpoint, you can use this software. It's as simple or as complex as you want it to be. Great for volunteers to walk in, and be able to simply hit a few buttons to follow along with scripts with minimal training We use ProP for weekly services and use it for both worship songs, videos and sermon notes. Great flexibility all around!

Cons:

While MANY features are implemented quickly from the suggestion forums, some just never get a response or are "ignored"

Leif O.
Campus Pastor in US

Love what ProP can do

4 3 years ago

Comments: We are a church with multiple services in multiple locations. With the sync (ProCloud) option we are able to keep things up to date everywhere which is very beneficial. Plus we do a God In The Movies series and being able to adjust clips on the fly from within the program is making life a lot easier.

Pros:

The ability to use content between multiple locations and various sizes of screen is huge for us. Very robust product that we probably only use about 1/10th of. Stable build - with only rare crashes (maybe 2 in 4 years) it is one of the most stable presentation software products I've ever used with this range of abilities.

Cons:

Lack of immediate phone support on Sundays - when things go sideways you are basically on your own other than email responses. Doesn't help much when we are dealing with immediate issues. Can be overwhelming for new staff/volunteers to utilize because it is so robust.

Rick M.
Minister of Music and Worship in US

Can't imagine NOT having ProPresenter

5 3 years ago

Comments: I had been working with Media Shout from it's beginning. Years ago, I gave ProPresenter a try and quickly made the transition to ProPresenter. At the time, there was more of a centralized, get everything you need in the same place, feel that met our needs. And being honest, using the software was not always easy. Early on, it was very clunky and awkward in certain areas and there were moments of great frustration (no different from other presentation software, though). However, the benefit always outweighed the challenges and with every update, it seemed to get closer to what we needed it to be. Now, I consider it a mainstay in our ministry and seriously can't think of working without it!

Pros:

I truly like the completeness of the software and ease of use. Through the years, it has become a crucial part of my work in that it is very easy to create a "show" from my office and have it ready for the crew in the booth to use each week. I greatly appreciate the fact that I can easily equip volunteers to interact with ProPresenter at a very basic level to advanced levels in a short amount of time. I also appreciate the fact that it just works, all the time, I don't have to worry about it causing issues for our volunteers.

Cons:

Actually, the things I like least about ProPresenter have been addressed over time via updates. Since the issues are no longer issues, there's no need to bring them up. Suffice it to say, ProPresenter has evolved into an extremely robust program that is very accessible to everyone from the beginner to the professional.

Jason H.
Worship and Arts Pastor in US
Music, 2-10 Employees

PC vrs. Mac

5 3 years ago

Comments: Overall, the program works. However, as I have found with my volunteers, I cannot trust them to do much within the program beyond the basics. I think they are capable, but the interface is not intuitive enough to trust them with it on their own.

Pros:

I like that it is relatively dependable. I like that most of my volunteers can just click the next slide to actually run the program. I also like that it talks to other programs well enough, though I don't like having to pay for extra features like midi integration etc. I believe we paid enough for the program up front.

Cons:

I have used mac pretty much my whole life. There are things that I love about it, and things that I just live with, as is the case with any operating system. However, the general consensus in the millennial worship community is that mac is the end-all for churches. And rightly so. With programs like Logic, Mainstage, Garageband, Imovie, Final Cut, etc. all under the $500 price range, it is easy to see why churches will dish out the cash for a mac when they begin shopping for high-end tech rather than sticking with free programs that can't perform as well or as reliably. The problem with Pro Presenter is that it was clearly not designed for someone who spends most of their time in "Apple World." The question is not, does PP run flawlessly on a mac, but does it feel like it should run on a mac. My answer is no. PP just feels like a program that was designed by programers, which is strange when you consider that it's primary function is to help in the realm of aesthetics. The volunteer nerds that I have running the software each week, which, I believe should represent about 80% of your clientele, do not have the ability to be trained effectively in PP because they are not working in the program enough. I can confidently say that the majority of the people actually running your program are not paid to do so, and have had little to no involvement in the design of the presentations that they control. I will continue my thoughts in the next section as I am out of space.

Brian H.
Media Coordinator in US

Happy Customer

4 3 years ago

Comments: Over all our experience has been good.
Support has been great.

Pros:

Simple to use. Communication actions. I use MIDI to unmute my soundboard channels for video clips. I also use different stage displays for different sections of the worship service. Hope to trigger some lights in the near future. Site licence option

Cons:

It seems to have some bugs. When editing a playlist it always jumps to the bottom. Or converting to lower thirds with a graphic the software will crash. Occasionally Master control on the slave computer will freeze the primary. Ipad issues with seeing the preview. Probably the biggest complaint from Pastors is they can't see the next slide on stage display when going from the end of one item to the next. Example the end of a song in stage display show next blank slide. They would like to see the next item coming. Sync shows that it is syncing regardless of it it is connected to the network drive or now. Sync seems to be a little buggy. We started to export only. Delete everything from the media bin and playlist and then import fresh on the other computers.

Tim P.
Tim P.
Worship Leader in US
Music, Self Employed

Powerful resource for multimedia worship

5 3 years ago

Comments: We were able to expedite the service preparation process incredibly with the media integration available through ProPresenter.

Pros:

I love the integration of various media types and source material platforms. The SongSelect integration is by far the most useful feature for a church that relies on SongSelect for lyrics etc. Also, the multi-user features coupled with cloud sync make team collaboration so much more efficient.

Cons:

The biggest issue we had was with releases/support for PC lagging so far behind Mac. Not investing in Mac hardware puts the church at a disadvantage with this software. I don't expect that to change, and it may not need to for the company to be successful, but it makes you ask if it's really better to support PC use if the support is inferior. Additionally, having cloud sync as an 'extra' rather than built into the payment model seems a bit backwards - but for a software that is bought for a larger one-time fee rather than monthly/annual subscription, it makes sense as bandwidth is not free for anyone.