15 years helping British businesses

About Clockify

Time tracking is simple and more intuitive with Clockify - app for tracking time, billable hours and reporting to improve productivity.

Learn more about Clockify

Pros:

Their customer support is also very good and has helped me when I've encountered issues with the software.

Cons:

We create web software for a living, and we were so confused by much of the reporting that we couldn't determine what accurate numbers would be.

Clockify ratings

4.7
4.6
4.6
4.7

9.1/10

Clockify has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 4,845 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Clockify before?

Filter reviews (4,845)

Tomás
Tomás
Senior Software Engineer in Canada
Computer Software, Self Employed

Clock for Solo-Preneurs

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I have used it for both personal and professional projects. It has been a game changer for how I relate to my focus time while working, and the amount of peace of mind this has brought me is fantastic. I don't think I will stop using it in the near future.

Pros:

I like that Clockify is there when I need it, whenever I need it, and wherever I require it to be. It has given me so much peace of mind, being able to quickly and effectively track my working hours and schedule my work and personal time during my days that I think I wouldn't know how it looks anymore without it

Cons:

I don't like the many little features that have become whole products of their own. Although I understand most of them have something in common, sometimes I feel my dashboard is overflowing with things I don't use.

Human Resources, 501–1,000 Employees

Get started in a few minutes

Comments: Overall it's good, I do think there's a different way to go, like an embedded time tracker for employee's computers, and more reliability.

Pros:

I like how it integrates with clickup to provide a seamless experience. I also like how it's reliable about 90% of the time due to its simple style.

Cons:

I did not like that when it crashes, users don't get reassurance that they're working on the issue.

2 months ago

Hi there and thank you for the feedback! If you ever experience an issue with the app or a sudden crash, feel free to reach out to support and you will always receive help on resolving the issue. Cheers!

Angel
Angel
VP of Sales in US
Professional Training & Coaching, 11–50 Employees

It needs improvement

3.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall has been good and I keep on using it, but just for the very simple functionality.

Pros:

I like the clock in and the payroll. It is easy to manage.

Cons:

I have been using the tool for quite a while now. Although the overall functionality is good, it is extremely difficult to manage groups of users, different levels of users and privileges of each, and timesheets. Nothing is evident. You have to really deep dive into the tool to be able to do it. Their workspaces are not used logically, and that requires a lot of manual work to fix them.

2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review our app. If you're experiencing issues or need help navigating and managing workspaces and members, please reach out to us at [email protected]. We'll gladly assist you! Cheers!

Jennifer
Book Coach and Editor in Australia
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed

If you do projects, this tracking software really helps cost control

Comments: It helps me, a freelancer, be organised with their time and know what to bill customers based on past projects, and where overruns occurred.

Pros:

I like that it helps to define how many hours I spent on what client project, and I can assign a dollar number for some project hours, a total time allocated,etc. I must admit I don't use these features nearly enough.

Cons:

It cannot track when you forget to turn it on. Time Rescue does this. Okay, mostly this is 'user error' but it should reset when you go to see your project times weekly.

Online Media, 11–50 Employees

Straightforward use, offers good integration

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: It provides everything I need in a time-logging tool - straightforward UI, reporting features, integration with other software I use. I'm very happy with Clockify.

Pros:

I like the simplicity, the automatically created graphs and filtering options, as well as the integration with project management tools and the G-suite.

Cons:

It's hard to find something to dislike about Clockify. If I had to mention a small con, I would say that the UI could use a refresh.

3 weeks ago

Hi there! Thank you for your feedback, Your suggestion about the UI needing a refresh have been forwarded to our Product team so they can note it down for future development. if you have any other ideas on how to improve Clockify such as specific UI improvements, please also feel free to leave your feedback in this form, we appreciate the feedback! https://clockify.me/feedback Cheers,

Paweł
Paweł
SEO Expert in Poland
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Make your work time in better control

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I can control time of my work for all customers

Cons:

Actually i'm not satisfied about Chrome extension for clockify.

2 months ago

Hi Pawel, Thank you for your review. Could you please let us know a bit more regarding your experience with our extension? Could you please reach out to our support team at [email protected]? Cheers!

Jessica
Jessica
Human Resource Manager in US
Civil Engineering, 51–200 Employees

Clockify is a great tool for overcoming time tracking hurdles.

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: We are having the most effective and convenient experience using Clockify to track time. It has given us an accurate platform for monitoring workers attendance time for easier payroll processing.

Pros:

Clockify offers clear time reports which give accurate insights about time usage. It offers the ability to track time in real time. It makes it easy to allocate and manage working shifts. Excellent clock in and out dashboard for monitoring attendance times.

Cons:

There has been no issues to give complaints about. It has been a perfect fit for our needs.

Magdalena
Consultant in UK
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Simple and effective

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Comparatively clean UI with most important functionality present. Entry can be quicker, but is still far better than many of the alternatives out there.

Pros:

I am a consultant and often need to complete timesheets at both my company and the clients’, so I want to be in and out as quick as possible. I like that clockify is simple - not many features, but the ones I need. Select date, select client, select time - done.

Cons:

I would love to see a bulk entry option - I tend to be with a single client for an extended period of time and it will save me a tonne of time not having to input each day separately. From x day to z day, 7.5hrs p/d, save, done. I should say, they do have a “duplicate” button, so that makes things a bit easier, but still can be improved.

2 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind review, Magdalena! If you'd like to see more features in the future, please feel free to fill out our feedback form, and the team will gladly look into it. https://clockify.me/feedback Cheers!

Jake
Jake
Financial Representative in US
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

An efficient tool that gives solace when tracking time.

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: The experience with Clockify has been exceptional. It has eliminated all our struggles with tracking and managing our time.

Pros:

It is easy to monitor time spent in real time. It has very accurate time reports thats shows deep insights about time expenditure. It makes it so easy for us to schedule work shifts.

Cons:

Nothing to complain about Clockify. It has been superbly perfect for our needs.

3 weeks ago

Hi Jake, Thank you for your kind feedback! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the app and finding it easy to use. Cheers!

Lorena
Lorena
Owner in US
Insurance, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use time tracking

5.0 last week New

Pros:

I like that it already has pomodoro built in. Easy to use.

Cons:

Not available on Mobile devices to my knowledge.

6 days ago

Hi Lorena, Thank you for your feedback! Clockify is also available as a mobile app, both on Android and iOS. Cheers!

Karie
Owner / Brand Messaging Coach in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Easily track and report on all your time

Comments: I track billable hours for multiple client projects, breaking down tasks to get the best sense of where I spend my time. For my flat-fee retainer clients, this allows me to see where my time is going to make sure my time is best spend and those arrangements are profitable. For my hourly-billed clients, this lets me accurately bill clients for time spent on their projects.

Pros:

So easy to use! I have it bookmarked so I can quickly start time tracking new tasks - whether that's billable time, on non-billable time. I like that I can set up specific tasks but also include notes with specific time entries.

Cons:

Being free to use, there is absolutely nothing I can complain about! I'm able to do everything I need to track and report my time.

Zeynel
Zeynel
Mechanical Engineer in Türkiye
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Self Employed

Most practical time tracker tool

Comments: I use the Clockify for tracking how I spend my time in almost every aspect of my life. I use it not only for work or studying but also for reading, watching or playing and etc. I have two different workspace in Cloccify, one is dedicated for productive activities (working, reading, writing, studying), while other is for non-productive stuff (procrastinating, social media, shows, video games). Being able to track and monitor how I spend my time encourages and motivates me to spend my time more productive.

Pros:

It is quite practical, easy to use and create workspace. Its app does not take up too much space in my phone memory. Features of adding subtask for projects, I think, one of the best feature that make difference. The way it offers reports is very powerful. Thanks to so many filtering and grouping options, you can track and monitor how you spend your time, in different aspects. You can have time report by different sorting options such like projects, tags, clients, tasks or name and etc. Beside, you can monitor 3 categories in one screen. Its dashboard section is very effective to provide an insight. So effective that it usually make redundant to resort to report section. Exporting the time report as .csv or .xls format is available. And the feature of importing .csv format makes easier to switch from another time tracker software. Auto filling feature makes it even more practical. It makes possible to create different workspace for different time-tracking purposes. Timesheet section makes easier to add previous time input. Calendar view make it possible to have powerful insight as to how you spend a week.

Cons:

I want see time report of different workspaces, in one calendar view and graphics in dashboard, but Clockify does not have this feature. There could be a multiple workspace monitoring option in dashboard and calendar section. Which makes possible to compare the time spent for different works. There could be an option for adding durations without time info. For example; adding 2 hours reading in Sunday, without bother paying attention what time it was.

Jesse
Business Owner in US
Online Media, Self Employed

Clockify is a great free tracker

Comments: I have used Clockify for close to two years and I have yet to find a time tracker that is as functional and straightforward. Other apps have more modern designs, but at the expense of usability.

Pros:

The basics of any time tracking app is, of course, tracking time. Reports are also very helpful, along with tasks for a project. Clockify is the one app I've found that is free for all those features. It's well designed and thought out. Every feature you need is within quick access and simple to find.

Cons:

The interface is as modern as some other trackers (Toggl, Harvest, etc). I occasionally look at other apps just to see if there's a better looking one. But they all either lack the features I need at the free level, or aren't as intuitive to use.

Tom
Principal Consultant in US
Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Great tool for time tracking, timesheet, and delivering professional services.

Comments: I've been using Clockify for years, starting from selection of a system for time tracking, adoption and evolution over the years. It started with the right strong points, and matured in other areas.

Pros:

Ease of use is the star feature of Clocikfy. It has the right degree of sophistication to support enterprise reporting needs, but doesn't isn't onerous on the data entry side. It is far better than "simply using spreadsheets" (which is NOT really simple due to lack of back-end integration that Clockify has). While its feature set has grown to be truly enterprise-grade, ease of use has been maintained. I've also worked with other sophisticated enterprise systems that are feature-filled but over-priced. Clockify has the optimal balance.

Cons:

There's nothing not to like. It makes the time tracking part of the job, which isn't my favorite part of the job, require no more than the minimum effort.

Simon Haoran
Simon Haoran
CEO in Hong Kong
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Best Time Tracking Software Ever

Comments: We are a full remote team working on projects for clients, so having a way to track time spent and pay out / invoice using tracked time is very crucial part of our day-to-day workflow. I really enjoy having a working software that I can track time on all of my devices and even have it integrated into other tools like Trello and our accounting software using API.

Pros:

We like the fact that just the free feature is good enough for most of our use cases, and most importantly, a full-fledged API that we can integrate our workflows into the tracker so I can track project progress with time spent, help a lot with our retrospective process and refining workflows to optimize time spent, and I can easily grab the time spent on all teammates on each project so I can use to do the payments.

Cons:

The Mac Desktop client can definitely use some love, but this is really minor issue, since we now use APIs more.

Motion Designer in UK
Animation, Self Employed

I could not live without Clockify!

Comments: Rapid timesheet creation broken down into clients > projects > tasks so I have everything I need if a client questions an invoice. Most clients don't even question my invoices anymore as they know how thorough I am with my tracking, this is all thanks to

Pros:

I love how easy it is to add time, you get really fast at doing it as you can either use 24 or/12 hour clock to input..If you do 12 hour you can just put PM/AM after the time.. My invoices and timesheets are in the same place and I've been using it for a while now so I've got really fast at adding my time. You can even label invoices as 'Unsent' - 'Sent' - 'Paid' and they're color coded so you literally never miss an unpaid invoice again. Invoice automatically adds address you've set the client up with so you never have to remember to add address to the invoice..I've scrambled around trying to find address of a business, but if you have repeat clients you'll only have to ever do this once. The time I'm saving in admin is worth every penny of the subscription!

Cons:

The invoicing feature is missing the payment details. Luckily there's a notes part which I've been using, problem is you have to remember to copy and paste your payment details every time you create a new invoice. There's been times where

Amanda
Amanda
Social Media Manager + Strategist in US

Clockify is a total MUST for time tracking & productivity

Comments: My overall experience with this platform would be that it is such a great way to be able to offer proof to support the services you are offering in such a professional way. It helps elevate your invoicing process to.

Pros:

I love the ease of the use of this, it integrates so well with other platforms like Asana, and Monday.com where you can actually start tracking your time directly from the task assigned in the project management platform I really love how it all works together to support the overall effort.

Cons:

I think the con would be the ease of editing time could be misused by the wrong person.

last year

Hi Amanda, Thank you for your review! Please note that we do offer the option to lock timesheets and also to force timer mode which would disable manual editing of hours for regular users. Cheers!

Jonathon
IT Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Clockify is a game changer!

Comments: Clockify's timekeeping and project management features have been a game-changer for me. The intuitive interface makes it easy to track and manage my time efficiently, while the project management capabilities help me stay organized and on top of my tasks. With Clockify, I've gained valuable insights into my productivity and have successfully completed projects with improved efficiency. It's a reliable tool that I highly recommend for anyone looking to boost their time management and project coordination skills.

Pros:

Ease of access and online availability. As well as project management and the ability to track several projects at once.

Cons:

the app isn't as useful as I would like. It complicates things un-necessarily.

Peter
Director in Cyprus
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Simple but powerful time tracking

Comments: I am using Clockify for my own business, since I would like to track time for my customers. The problem I ran into is only finding tailored solutions for project management tools (i.e. Jira, Pro-Tool, ...) to track time on special platform artifacts like tickets. But, I needed a generic solutions covering multiple clients, leaving me an option to enter billable hours, different rates for different clients and super easy start and stop.
From all the years I am working, the true superb attribute of an awesome time tracking app is a ultra simplistic way to start and stop tracking. No one wants to spent time on this task.
Clockify is providing me everything I would like to have in a time tracking application - this is why I love it!

Pros:

Clockify has a super slick design with a very cleaned up user interface. It allows a user to enter billable and non-billable hours. You can have multiple clients and multiple projects for each client. Each client can have a different rate you work for. You can very easily modified entries you made wrong (especially useful to make it always to quarter hours or half hour trackings). The reports are absolutely sufficient for me. it helps me also to track down problems with my time tracking (low hours, no project assigned). Just recently I found out, that there is an app (not only the browser version). This makes it even more easy to use Clockify. I am really looking forward using it for my whole company next month!

Cons:

It should have a setting to setup a default tracking (default customer, default billable, ...). Maybe even a small toggle to check "default", which will setup the time tracking with this default setup. Actually, the reporting also is confusing in the beginning, since it shows the result of all hours worked for a month, when actually I have the filter setup for a single client. Not sure if this is on purpose. The export as a file provides me the freedom I want anyways. Clockify is taking the system time for tracking. And since I use Ubuntu and Windows, they both always set my timezone wrong (I live in Cyprus). Windows sets it 2 hours behind, Ubuntu to the front. Unfortunatly, I very often switch between them. So, it would be more handy using a backend call and starting the timer, tracking a UTC timestamp. And when stopping the timer, another call stop the timer in the backend, again UTC time. Then the times wouldn't be off. I do not like it least of the software, but having a break gap option would be ace.

5 years ago

Thank you for the feedback, Peter! If you're using the browser extension, you can set a default project there. You can also set a default project's billable status in the project's settings (and in the workspace settings for all new projects). If you're having issues with filters not applying correctly, please contact us at [email protected] and we'll figure it out. As for the time zones, Clockify uses three time zones to record and display time values at the moment: Your computer¿s system time zone (when you record time) UTC (stored in the database) Time zone in User Settings (when displaying recorded time) When you record time in Clockify (eg. when you start a timer), your system time is used. Then, Clockify converts that time to UTC and sends the converted value to the server. When you later view the time in reports, the time zone from your User Settings is used.

Meghan
Software Developer in US
Computer Software, Self Employed

Straightforward Time Tracking Software -- Easy to Learn, Easier to Use

Comments: As a software developer working on small projects while putting myself through school, I have to be very careful with how I manage my time. Clockify provides me with a great solution to keep myself accountable for my waking hours. With its feature to add clients, I'm able to record the time I spend studying separately from my work hours by listing my education institution under one client and my contracts under their own respective clients. The reporting feature is insightful in breaking down my time by my desired filters (date, client, project, task, etc.). It enables me to keep my clients happy with accurate progress reports and estimated completion dates as well as help me gauge my progress in my school's curriculum. Tracking my time using Clockify has definitely kept my life on track!

Pros:

There are two features that really stand out when it comes to Clockify. The first being its compatibility across a number of devices. I can track my time via the web app or desktop app while working from my home office, then just as easily use the mobile app to record how long I've spent working on my train ride into the city, all without having to worry about issues with syncing between my devices. The second feature that I absolutely love about Clockify is how granular it allows you to be when tracking your activities. You have complete control with the ability to create clients, assign projects to those clients, and even generate tasks within each project. And when it's time to use the tracker, just pick which project you want to track from the drop-down. The projects are separated by clients with submenus for each project displaying that project's tasks. You even have the option to add further description in the 'What are you working on?' field. This level of detail is critical when it comes to recording my time for invoicing purposes. On the other hand, if you need to just record the time and fill in the details later — you can do that too!

Cons:

I notice that sometimes the software can lag when I make edits to my clients, projects, tasks, etc. This happens maybe once every two to three weeks and it never gets in the way of actually recording my time, it can just get annoying if I'm trying to do cleanup or reporting on the app when it decides to lag in saving changes.

Juliette
Student in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

A Fantastic Software with Great User Interface Design

Comments: Clockify is the most efficient software I've used to track my time, and I find the "Time Tracker" view very easy to use. I feel like some of the other views such as "Time Sheet" may be redundant, but maybe that is just because of the type of work I am doing. Overall, Clockify is fantastic and I hope the product never changes its layout.

Pros:

Clockify is hands-down the easiest software I've ever used to track my time. I've worked part time for several companies, and I've always been confused by the layout of online time management systems. Clockify is the only software where I understand where I input my time while also being able to leave detailed notes on what I was working on at the same time. The website loads seamlessly on my computer and it only takes me a few seconds to input my time, which is exactly what a great software should do.

Cons:

I always use the "Time Tracker" view when I input my time because some of the the other views seem a bit more confusing. I was particularly confused by the "Time Sheet" view at the beginning because I work on different types of tasks, and so I felt like I was unable to change the task when I used this view. However, using the "Time Tracker" view is much better because that way I can take better notes on what I was working on through various "tasks." I think the "Time Sheet" view could be simplified or even eliminated because having both "Time Sheet" and "Time Tracker" seem redundant, but perhaps it is helpful for people in other fields.

3 years ago

Hi Juliette, thank you for the review and all the nice words regarding the Clockify app. Please note that, if you are the admin of the workspace, there is an option to deactivate the timesheet page, if you are not using it. This can be found under the workspace settings. I hope this will help. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at [email protected] Best

Noelle
Biller in US
Accounting, Self Employed

Clockify for Time Tracking and Invoicing

Comments: Clockify accurately and efficiently simplified and streamlined invoicing my clients; something I don't like to do, because it is such an necessary annoyance that I don't get paid to do. I tried several other solutions. Clockify's technical support incorporates changes that improve their software for the end user. I found it to be an intuitive software that I could manage myself with little help. It is simple enough, and I use it every day.

Pros:

Clockify is a professional contribution to my consulting and billing business, because I track my time, and then invoice my clients similar to a legal practice. When I initiate tracking, Clockify stays active until I shut it off. Therefore, it allows for editing time and rounding up when invoicing my clients. I have used other time tracking software, and their invoicing or complexity left me wanting another solution for billing my time to clients.

Cons:

Clockify has a learning curve setting up different clients, projects, and tasks, and for simplicity, I had to later combine categories from what I had initially set up. Also, there was some effort required in the beginning uploading excel-sheet time entries in the correct format by organizing the data specifically, but it was worth it, since I didn't have to take the additional time to transfer raw data from one software to the other.

Tina
Digital project manager in Canada
Consumer Goods, 11–50 Employees

Perfect for freelancers!

Comments: I first started using Clockify as a way to efficiently track my contractors' time and get a clear idea of which projects they were working on. It allowed me to better manage their time and manage resources. Additionally, as a freelance consultant, I'm able to track my own time super easily with the Chrome plugin, which makes reporting and invoicing a breeze at the end of each month.

Pros:

The layout and features are intuitive and easy to use. The reporting feature is my favourite since it's dead simple to quickly generate a report of my hours (as a freelancer) and submit them to my employer, with all the relevant info captured right there. As a business owner, I heavily depend on this feature again to get a quick overview of where my employees' time is spent.

Cons:

I can't really say I dislike anything about Clockify. It does everything I need it to do, which is why I've been using it for the last few years. I've never found anything lacking, at least for my purposes.

Carmen
CEO and Director at Parto Positivo L in Vietnam
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Excellent tool for small businesses

Comments: My overall experience is excellent and it's a tool I have recommended to all business owners even at the initial stage when it's a one person business. It was a game changer for me as it allowed me to focus on profit, delegate time consuming tasks and be more efficient. Now that I have a team I can analyse our time and continue to find efficiencies as well as ensuring there is time for training and personal development which are core to our company culture.

Pros:

As a small business owner I appreciate having a tool that makes it easy to track time. This has allowed us to direct our time and efforts to the projects that were more profitable as well as making sure there was time for training and employee development. We are a team of 4 but the tool was useful even when it was just myself. Time tracking is the one thing I'd absolutely recommend to any business owner from the initial stage. It helped me direct my efforts, focus on profit, as well as delegating time consuming tasks.

Cons:

I think there is so much more I could do with it but I haven't had time to explore other functionalities. The reporting tool could be improved by being able to merge different projects or change them. Sometimes we would accidentally create different projects for the same thing and looking back it would be nice to be able to fix those kind of things.

Laura
Laura
Systems Engineer in US
Medical Devices, 10,000+ Employees

Great timer for productivity, quick and easy to set.

Comments: The fundamental issue we have been addressing is simply the inquiry, "What did you work on today?" I feel more productive since I can manage my time by doing precisely what I want, I can complete more things than before, and I know where to spend my time. Being conscious of your time is too valuable these days; being able to report our productivity has been a game changer, greatly assisting us in dissecting our duties and maybe splitting tasks depending on hours worked in various areas.

Pros:

Clockify is really quick and simple to set up; for the purposes of our business, we had all of our workers set up their productivity monitoring on Clockify in less than an hour. I like that I can write down precisely what I am doing for the day so that if there are any questions, my watch can be checked. I also like that I can make modifications myself because I am not the best at clocking in and out of breaks. It is really helpful and simple to use, and you can truly see where your time is spent.

Cons:

While customization is one of the best features of Clockify, it can also be a problem; allowing employees to add their own ratings means we have a lot of duplicates. This is not necessarily a problem, but it does make reporting more concise; for example, each employee tends to keep track of their staff meeting times in their own created category, rather than sharing one; this should have been fixed during our implementation process and could have been avoided; additionally, there is nothing to discredit that app; I use it in my web browser.