Filter by:

• Overall

About Zoho Desk

Put customer service at the heart of your company. Make agents more productive, managers more impactful and customers more empowered.

Learn more about Zoho Desk

Showing 1,674 reviews

Tacho T.
Tacho T.
Driving instructor
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2021

"Zoho desk allows me to track all incoming requests and to convert website visitors to real customers"

Comments: A good-looking dashboard and customizable reports make a significant difference from other products I used. I am a visual man and it is very important for me to have a great visualized report.

Pros: The most valuable feature for me is the ability to create different tickets for customer's requests. After delegates the ticket to the specific team I am sure the customer will be served in high quality... The custom dashboard gives me the all information I need to make better decisions and to take any action if there is any significant problem.

Cons: I would like to have an opportunity to make more customization to web forms in the same way as Zoho CRM.

• Reviewed on 01/09/2021
Umang B.
Sr Director Data and Systems
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2020

"One of the best investments for our organization"

Comments: Great - and their customer service is great as well.

Pros: We got this software after using another vendor for about two years. During that time we learned what our needs were and had Zoho Desk on our shortlist. The criteria that we used was: + Easily integrate into the Knowledge Base (KB)
+ KB easily integrates into tickets
+ Tickets can be handled by multiple departments and permissions can be restricted to those departments
+ Single Sign On (SSO) integration for customers
+ A robust API
+ ASAP(TM?) integration that we can dump onto our website, which allows us to point directly to a particular page in the KB
+ A good mobile app (I personally use it on the iPhone)
+ Customizable reporting
~ A semi-workaround to integrate with Github (via Zoho Project) We're looking forward to Guided Conversations that's in development right now
We look forward to additional releases

Cons: It can sometimes get too bloated on your browser because it has a lot of data under the hood, and search can be finicky at times - but it's quite manageable. The above would not impact me choosing this platform again.

Alternatives Considered: Jira

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Desk: It was a barebones system that came with GoToAssist - and we knew that going in. We decided to use it for a period of time before figuring out what our needs were and what was missing before making the switch - so we could make an informed decision.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Desk: We would have had to self-host and also get Confluence since we are a non-profit. Did not want to do our own management. Also - our audience may get confused with the navigation.

• Reviewed on 14/07/2020
Ercan Ç.
Program Manager
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2021

"zoho the best"

Comments: Customers liked it. They choosed the Zoho first and We choosed. We liked.

Pros: easy to use for us and our customer. we are able to follow customer ticket easily.

Cons: SLA reporting part is easy and configurable.

• Reviewed on 28/07/2021
Dilek C.
CTO
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/07/2021

"Highly Recommended Ticket Management Tool"

Comments: It's been pretty satisfying so far.

Pros: Very easy to setup customized ticket management tool. End users can be added and there is no additional effort them to see their tickets

Cons: It took time for me to find where to define End User. I don't know if I should specify this as Cons.

• Reviewed on 07/07/2021
Leonard J.
Technical Support
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/07/2018

"Easy to use, but not enough features"

Pros: Zoho Help desk is easy to use and it has a nice search feature for going through your tickets. You're able to see other employees looking at your tickets and you're able to make comments on the fly. Its very basic and you can create different ticket systems for your clients as well. I found that Zoho was the easiest help desk service I have used to date. I would also like to add that Vault is a great password feature if you use Help Desk. They work with each other very well.

Cons: There are not a lot of features with Help Desk except creating tickets. Zoho has a plethora of options and apps available, but you'll have to use these services independently of the other. You aren't combining your time spent, your deducted hours spent on a project, and you can't classify something under a particular client unless you make an entire section for that client. I find it hard to manage if you have more than 20 different clients because it sums everything together. Its easy to use if you're company is smaller.

• Reviewed on 03/07/2018
Jorn K.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2018

"As for the overall Zoho suite it easily integrates with multiple other extensions that are essential"

Comments: Makes customer management extremely easy once you get going.

Pros: Easy management and ticket assignment and that it works as an extension of other features and integrates perfectly with invoicing, CRM, etc. making the entire ZOHO Suite the preferred choice for all our ban and front end business needs. Since it can also integrate with many other programs, there is hardly any limit in how useful the overall Suite is and Zoho Desk is an essential part of that that allows us to track internal performance as well as overall customer interaction on a single platform. Training is well laid out and there are plenty of online resources to reference to get going.

Cons: There isn't that many... it takes a little getting used to, but once understood it is fairly straight forward. Ticket handling could be a little better, but the question is how to get customers to open new tickets rather than replying to old tickets, and it is not really a software issue.

• Reviewed on 27/02/2018
Director Of Ecommerce
Machinery, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2019

"Great alternative to Zendesk"

Comments: Overall the Zoho Desk platform has been a good move for us. We switched from using Zendesk and have not looked back since. There are tools in Desk that you can import your Zendesk info to aid in migration to make it almost seamless. As with any other tech platform made for larger scales of users, there are some things that are frustrating because that is not how we want to do it. But the system has enough features to be able to work around those frustrations and continue with the process.

Pros: In our organization we use several products from the Zoho suite, so the biggest pro for us was integration. Other features that were notably positive were custom domain mapping, converting tickets to articles in the knowledge base, suggested articles for agents, and of course the robust rules and macros that can be set up for the account to automate as many repetitive tasks as possible.

Cons: While most items were pretty intuitive to setup, I do feel that some of the documentation was pretty sparse and sometimes hard to find. Also having to bump up to the highest tier plan just to be able to integrate with all of the Zoho services we utilize was a bit frustrating. I could see not letting free accounts do this, but doubling the cost/agent just to fully integrate with your services that we already pay separately for was pretty disappointing.

• Reviewed on 17/01/2019
Eamonn S.
Customer UX Lead
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2021

"Mamanging customer growth and issues with Zoho Desk."

Comments: Solving customer issues and recording solutions so they can be searched and shared on the Kb if the problem occurs again.

Pros: The ticketing interface and merging of tickets

Cons: The SAML setup is not as easy to integrate as expected.

Alternatives Considered: JIRA Service Management

• Reviewed on 22/03/2021
Amr N.
Technical Support Manager
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2019

"Easy and professional"

Comments: It is a professional app which gives me almost all that I need to support our customers

Pros: It is very easy to use and setup.
It has a lot of features to set all that you need for your working process.
Workflow and supervise rules can help you with almost every automated rules you need
The developing team is offering new features that will definitely help the administrator.
Integration with a lot of helpful apps to fulfill your task in a better way ex. Telephone apps

Cons: Support is not as good as the product
Can not deactivate new theme mode once it is activated.
Sometimes Timer rules are not working

• Reviewed on 26/11/2019
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2019

"Good but support..."

Pros: I like that it is very well integrated into Zoho environment. So sometimes it can be useful to connect Zoho Forms, Zoho Projects and Zoho Desk together.
I like that you can customize a complete FAQ, receive tickets, answer them with automated messages and assign agents to tickets.
Integrating your mail and so answering to your clients directly on Zoho Desk save you time, I guarantee it !

Cons: Zoho Desk (and all Zoho tools) has 2 big problems :
1/ Support doesn't know what they say to you (2 employees can say totally the opposite)
2/ Zoho tools are not fully compatible between them...

• Reviewed on 02/04/2019
Julien C.
Collaborateur
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2017

"Very helpfull"

Comments: It did a good job replacing the mode of interaction from social channels, chats, e-mails, and phone calls in one platform. The experience in raising support request by customers is a breeze. Customers also has the option to raise tickets via their native language. The platform has support for 9 languages. It's able to simplify tasks of the help them since they can enhance their ability to track every request and address them by means of priority arrangement.

Pros: Our team of experts have evaluated Zoho Desk with a total rating of 8.8/10 after a series of scrutinizing tests. Actual customers of Zoho Desk have an average satisfaction rating with the product at 100% which reflects their opinion about this service. If you spend some time analyzing other Zoho Desk alternatives you will surely find other programs with similar or possibly better ratings.

Cons: For the past few years, we've been using SalesForce as our primary project system and case. There were plenty of things we favored and wanted to change. For instance, we're able to provide personal service agreements to clients. At the same time, a customer support system is available for assistance. When it comes to Zoho Support, there are a number of options available for ticket/case submission.

• Reviewed on 03/08/2017
Carl T.
Customer Support Manager
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2019

"Engage with clients effortlessly with Zoho Desk"

Comments: The time and effort, compared to the cost is totally worth it.

Pros: Very easy to setup, and configure. You setup information about your business, then upload your clients and contacts. You setup permissions for your teams, and our groups, along with products being support. Once configured you can easily track request from email, and phone, along with engagement on twitter and Facebook.

Cons: Support could be better. Sometime you may need to ask a question twice to get a proper response.

• Reviewed on 29/01/2019
Management Trainee - Retail
Oil & Energy, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2017

"Zoho has helped reduce time taken to resolve complaints, and also made accountability of complaint management alot easier."

Pros: • Consolidated customer, distributor database. This is aligned with their assigned Area managers. Customer hierarchy can be developed through these features.
• Mobile application available for field staff and technicians, Available for both IOS and Android.
• Workflow configuration can be developed, which allows the agent to develop a pre-determined flow for generated tickets. The workflow is flexible and adjustable.
• Ticket assignment and delay escalation available. Allows for accountability for assigned tickets. And upward forwarding of task if it breaches the stipulated time limits.
• Multiple attachments can be added to each ticket, allowing for greater description of the task assigned.

Cons: the system dose not allow customization of all forms and fields, even though it claims it is possible. secondly account users cannot be permanently deleted from the system. it only deactivates them.

• Reviewed on 27/10/2017
Janine P.
Sales & Advertising Coordinator
Automotive, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/06/2021

"Zoho Desk - great option for customer service!"

Comments: Very helpful in keeping track of our inquiries and questions from our customers.

Pros: Zoho is very easy to use and is an excellent tool for keeping track of customer service-type inquiries.

Cons: There aren't as many features I found, compared to a company like Zen Desk. For example, we were able to set up an auto response but it didn't allow us to do some of the things we would've liked for it to.

• Reviewed on 03/06/2021
Terry B.
System Administrator
Computer & Network Security, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2017

"I love this help desk suite!"

Comments: It helps 1 person IT dept have 1 central place for people to ask for help instead of getting bombarded by 200 emails.

Pros: Free, lots of features for a small company and easy for 1 person to manage small IT department. It has multiple apps for all your devices and is small enough for a small company, big enough to take on the enterprise should your company expand and need a paid for system. What is really nice, there is no setuo except for your own branding and all software is managed in the cloud!

Cons: Nothing I do not like for free, how can we complain! I do not see any cons!I do not see any cons!I do not see any cons!I do not see any cons!I do not see any cons!I do not see any cons!I do not see any cons!I do not see any cons!I do not see any cons!I do not see any cons!I do not see any cons!I do not see any cons!I do not see any cons!I do not see any cons!I do not see any cons!

• Reviewed on 08/08/2017
Chris K.
Customer Service Support Team Lead
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2017

"Great Option for Small Business"

Pros: Zoho Desk has the majority of features found in the "Big Name" apps and the price is better - and our team has found the functionality to be better as well. We switched away from Zoho to one of the other "Big Name" apps and switched back after 30 days. Zoho Desk is amazing.

Cons: Would like Zoho Desk to have better integration with Shopify. We were lured to another "Big Name" app because of the bridge that connects their 'desk' with Shopify customer records, that was a nice feature, but overall Zoho Desk won with usability and functionality.

• Reviewed on 13/10/2017
Sherry M.
VP
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2017

"Have used zoho for the past few months and it is great to see the items iIn one place"

Comments: We don't respond from the software to customers as the formats don't match our templates but it looks like that is coming on a feature list

Pros: We like the options to enter a knowledge base as we see this will help us internally and opening it to our customer base for reference. The dashboard, added perhaps a year ago is a great quick view on the overall status without having to order reports

• Reviewed on 18/11/2017
Sander P.
Service Engineer
Machinery, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2018

"Does its job greatly, automatically integrates unique numbers for each ticket."

Comments: Better overview of running issues at customers, emails that are being read by colleagues, and forgotten to set to unread are no longer an issue.

Pros: The best part about this software is that it is easily integrated into different systems, set it up with your own branding, etc. Functions of the free version are practically enough for daily use.

Cons: When you want to generate reports on deeper levels, you quickly run into issues with the free version. Luckily they offer a professional version, only disadvantage is that you have to pay per agent.

• Reviewed on 23/03/2018
Romeo R.
Managing Partner
  • Reviewed on 30/05/2017

"This app faithfully served me for years."

Comments: Customer support and for the free version is very useful and complete tool. Make's me buy a full version.

Pros: Customer support and for the free version is very useful and complete tool. Make's me buy a full version.

Cons: It does not have a minimum remote tool incorporated (like ZOHO Assist). At least if we would have Zoho Assist with a better quality and faster but for now is pretty much unusable.

• Reviewed on 30/05/2017
Human Resources Generalist
501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2018

"Even the free version is great!"

Pros: Great place for our employees to submit tickets for necessary action items. This allows us to respond to those tickets which notify via email. Also houses our documents for employees to access anywhere.

Cons: Not a whole lot of complaints, sometimes users have login issues and we are required to submit a ticket to Zoho with occasional no responses.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2018
Becky M.
Customer Care Assistant
Events Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2020

"Zoho Desk"

Comments: We have found it has improved our response times to inbound emails, and the speed at which we can reply and resolve customers' queries.

Pros: I really like the look of the software, the layout and how easy it is to use.

Cons: I can't think of anything I disliked about the software, the functionality and ease of use are a winning combination.

• Reviewed on 15/04/2020
Operations Manager
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2019

"Great option to field incoming channels"

Comments: We started using other Zoho software this year, and found ourself feeling overwhelmed with all the channels in which we receive customer requests. We are not a company that offers products that require support. We don't offer the public knowledge base features in Zoho Desk, but this was an attractive option for us to receive our customer emails, and track phone call requests. This has allowed us to ensure all customer requests are routed to the right person to handle their needs, be it dispatch, billing, or general support. Bringing all our channels into one place has really helped with the chaos.

Pros: I love the custom fields, variety of customization options available, and the automation options. Syncing with other Zoho platforms, as well as third party systems makes this a really flexible option.

Cons: Syncing initial database of customers and accounts wasn't thorough. Inability to control what notifications you receive in the notification center, leads to excessive notifications. Automation process, and customization best for intermediate software users, even better for advanced.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Mauricio A.
Business Manager
  • Reviewed on 13/04/2018

"Great product for TI departments looking any customer support software."

Comments: -Manage customer support cases on a Centralize Management Software.
-Add a better option for knowledge base and project management site.

Pros: -The free version offers all the items for SMB.
-Integration with other Zoho products.
-Always improving his interface and available options for end users.
-Integration between the knowledge base and the ticket system it's amazing.
-Customer Support it's always available to help us.

Cons: -Need experienced users to configure all the available options.
-End users get confused every update because sometimes they change all the functions available.
-The user guide isn't very useful for new users.
-Mobile app needs all the options available on the website.

• Reviewed on 13/04/2018
Co-Founder
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2019

"Zoho Desk - Maybe Great, We Will See"

Pros: I love that it has a two-way integration with ZOHO CRM

Cons: The customer support has been an issue with ZOHO products in the past. Maybe this time will be different

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot Service Hub and Freshdesk

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Desk: HubSpot Service Hub Pro was way way more expensive than ZOHO, but I have to say HubSpot's customer service and quality was out of this world GOOD! I hope ZOHO features can fill the HubSpot shaped hole in my heart.

Switched From: HubSpot Service Hub

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Desk: Price. Zoho just cannot be beat on price. I believe for the price, I can make it work for my company.

• Reviewed on 18/12/2019
Daniel B.
Sr. Lead Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2017

"My Goto for Help Desk Solution"

Pros: Solid integration with other Zoho apps, specifically the two-way sync with the CRM. We started using it as a tool for our help desk, but then started migrating our sales emails and calls thorough it to unify those communications, eliminate emails and have the ability track these interactions better.

Cons: If you don't have experience with help desks or administrating backends I can see it being difficult to setup. The enterprise edition especially has a lot of options.

• Reviewed on 04/04/2017