15 years helping British businesses

Cisco AnyConnect Reviews

About Cisco AnyConnect

VPN solution that provides businesses with remote access, policy management, threat protection, and more.

Learn more about Cisco AnyConnect

Pros:

Cons:

Have had a few instances where it was failing to connect, but this could be the fault of company network rather than the Cisco app.

Cisco AnyConnect ratings

4.6

8.6/10

Cisco AnyConnect has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 948 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Cisco AnyConnect before?

Ahmed
Ahmed
Senior Executive Network Adminstrator in Pakistan
Consumer Goods, 501–1,000 Employees

Cisco AnyConnect VPN

Comments: This software is very easy to use and the best part is as an administrator manageability is also simple, we can integrate it with AD also, further as a SSL VPN it has very very low possibilities to be blocked by ISP

Pros:

easy to use, integration with AD, users visibility on ASA, work on windows, Android and MAC also

Cons:

Troubleshooting is little tricky as DIRT logs are not very clear to troubleshoot

Ana
Ana
Security Architecture Discipline leader in Spain
Banking, 10,000+ Employees

Easy to use for remote working

Comments: The scale, ease of use, ease of introduction, ease of use for users, etc., will be discussed once with the Cisco manager and the information system manager, and the above problems and issues will be resolved. We recommend that you consider the advantages.

Pros:

You can easily create a VPN environment with a single click on your PC or smartphone. You can also easily select a server to connect to. In addition, by preparing multiple servers, even in an environment where the connection to a specific server is poor, the ability to connect to a VPN by selecting another server is also useful when using software that requires a VPN connection.

Cons:

Although a VPN connection can be made, there are cases in which the communication speed drops and video conferences are interfered with.

Omkar
Network analyst in India
Business Supplies & Equipment, 51–200 Employees

Cisco any connect-best for remote employees

5.0 last month New

Comments: Cisco any connect best used for secure connection to the office network remotely. People can easily access file and tools without being afraid of data stealing and it is also blocking unknown user traffic.

Pros:

Cisco Anyconnect is tool used for remote connection of the office over the office network to access the office application securely and blocking unknown traffic and threats.

Cons:

Iblike its brst secure connection to the office network, evry employee can connect to the office network remotely and use the office tools and application in a secure manner with the help of vpn connection .

Patryk
IT Specialist in Poland
Information Technology & Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Connecting takes too long

Pros:

Applications is small and simple. Allows user to logon before windows logon.

Cons:

It takes too long to connect. Why application does scanning after user enter credentials? Why it can't be done before to not waste user time? Also it requires all windows update to be done before connecting.

Burim
Systems Engineer in
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

The best VPN solution our Company ever had!

Comments: My experience with Cisco AnyConnect is absolutely positive. If you want a product that is extremely efficient, stable and does the job it's meant for perfectly but at the same time it is easy to deploy than Cisco AnyConnect is the product for you. I highly recommend it for any company regardless of size.

Pros:

I am in charge of deploying Cisco AnyConnect to all workstations we manage including the deployment of updates for it. Current version we use is: 4.10.07061. AnyConnect is the most stable, functional and easy to manage VPN solution we ever had the pleasure of using. Mass-deployment is easy and straightforward, and responsiveness of the app is fast and efficient even on our low-end computers.

Cons:

Cisco AnyConnect is an amazing product; it is hard to find something that I don't like about it. But if I had to nitpick, troubleshooting Cisco AnyConnect installation is not as easy as one may think. We had a case a while back when we upgraded from an older version of Cisco AnyConnect to a newer one which caused issues with authentication for some of our clients because the technology that the new version supported was not supported by our (outdated) Routers. It wasn't really Cisco's fault just thought to mention it so that others may take it into account if facing a similar situation.

Christine Rose
Operations Supervisor in US
Insurance, 501–1,000 Employees

Flawless VPN Connection

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Cisco AnyConnect allows our organization to access our client's network safely and quickly. It is a very secure software that helps us connect to company servers and applications so we can accomplish tasks remotely.

Cons:

So far, I have never experienced any issues with connecting to the server using this software.

Umang
Strategy Lead in US
Packaging & Containers, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Useful tool for VPN access

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: - Overall good useful tool for VPN and Network security

Pros:

- Easy to use and connect if you are travelling or working remotely around the globe - You can receive authentication thru your phone or email

Cons:

- Sometimes, authentication takes time (at remote places) and you will have to wait for VPN connection in a short amount of time

Loren Anne
CSR in US
Insurance, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Whatta daily beautiful life

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

This is kinda useful. I have used this in most of all the companies I've worked for. This is very efficient and easy to navigate.

Cons:

So far none, such a wonderful app. We don't often encounter an issue with this app.

jomar
Customer Service Representative in Canada
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 10,000+ Employees

User friendly VPN! Top 1 VPN on my list!

5.0 last month New

Comments: Have been using this software for more than a year and I had not issues with the software.

Pros:

Easy to use. Gives me direct and on point direction on how to connect!

Cons:

None I do not see any features that would make me like least the software

Charles Angelo
quality analyst in Philippines
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1,001–5,000 Employees

cisco review

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Amazing vpn tool. connects fast and very reliable. password management is so easy as well.

Cons:

No issues at all. It is really a very good vpn tool

Chirag
CITO in US
Insurance, 51–200 Employees

Stable VPN with Cisco AnyConnect

Comments: We love using Cisco AnyConnect. It is trouble-free. If someone has troubles, we can do logging with it and determine where the issues are. Typically the uses are with home networks' instability rather than the software itself. The one thing Cisco can improve on is their customer support, and having account reps follow up with customers routinely.

Pros:

Stability is marvelous. We started using Cisco AnyConnect 1+ years ago before the pandemic and had enough licenses to support the entire company. Our VPN was rock solid. When pandemic hit and we asked staff to work from home, every single person adjusted very well and were very pleased with the stability of their VPN connection.

Cons:

Customer support is not the best. Fortunately, the Cisco ASA hardware and Cisco AnyConnect VPN software works so well that we didn't have to call customer support much at all. When we did call, we got limited information that required us to research more and then call support with our findings.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

The VPN you need (if you need VPN)

Comments: Any frustrations I've ever had with AnyConnect have been due to user error - nothing about the software itself. It's a minimal pop-up window that helps me log in and make a secure connection to get my work files. After using it for a while, it becomes habit just like anything else. I don't know what it's like as an administrator, but as a user I'm fully satisfied.

Pros:

I don't fully understand the intricacies of VPN, but I trust our organization's IT team since they say we need it. VPN lets me get the files I need from our organization's server when I'm at home, and I have to say AnyConnect makes it easy to do so. You're just a few clicks away, and it reminds you if you've disconnected after a long period of inactivity or shutting your computer off. I don't have any experience with another VPN client, but I can't imagine it being much easier than this from a user perspective.

Cons:

VPN is one of those things everyone finds annoying - but they don't complain about having to login into their Facebook account. It's pretty much the same number of clicks, except you can't auto-save your password (otherwise what's the point of logging in for security reasons?) It's one more thing to remember, sure, but we learn to remember the important processes that help us get our work done.

Maha
Assistant Professor in US
Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Cisco AnyConnect: An Efficient and Secure VPN Client

Comments: Very good experience from a performance and security perspective. Would recommend this VPN client for secure and efficient establishment of VPN tunnels.

Pros:

We use Cisco AnyConnect to create secure encrypted tunnels to the Mason VPN server when off-campus. We benchmarked the security and performance of Cisco AnyConnect and it was really interesting its use of DTLS (Datagram Transport Layer Security) which relies on UDP to provide more efficient VPN tunneling by avoiding the complex TCP 3-way handshaking schemes. This is a great strategy in the cases when the underlying connections are already using TCP/TLS which avoids another expensive VPN TLS on top of the already existing TLS connection.

Cons:

Adding exception routes to divert traffic from using the VPN is not flexible to configure in Cisco AnyConnect. You need to do it within the OS using the add route command.

Wendy
Fellow Physician in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Very useful for external computer use at home for work!

Comments: Really really pleased with this tool! A must have for everyone who needs to work remotely and not have to go into work to use the work computer as it allows you to get your work interface with the VPN. Definitely a must have! It is very easy to install and use. Highly highly recommend!

Pros:

I use this tool to allow me to work remotely at home, which has been very convenient, especially during the COVID pandemic/surge. With this tool, it basically mimics your computer as a work computer so you are able to do all your work assignments from home. There is an added security for logging on so no one else can accidentally load this on your computer. I HIGHLY recommend this tool as we use this a lot at Stanford. It allows me to finish my clinic notes at home by logging on remotely.

Cons:

Sometimes, the software has to be updated in order for to log on, however, there is always an automatic update search that lets me know when I need to update. There is also an option to defer the update and still log on if you are in rush. So honestly, I cannot complain about this software.

Ravinder
Ravinder
consultant in India
Legal Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Cisco AnyConnet - A reliable and safe VPN service

Comments: We are happy with the product so far. Work from home and from client locations has become an easy task with this software.

Pros:

We use Cisco AnyConnect to connect our office laptop to the corporate network so that we can access corporate network sites and servers without any hassle while working from home or any remote location at the client site. It is easy to set up a VPN service and the connection is reliable and secure. Using this tool, our IT system can track endpoint behavior in a better manner. The tool provides security against viruses, malware, rogue websites, and other online threats. It can easily be integrated with other 2-factor authentication tools to provide enhanced security. Installation and configuration of the software are easy and user interface is quite simple to use.

Cons:

The prices are on the higher side, but the tool is worth the investment. Other features such as one click-connection, storing login details would be advantageous. It shows error in connection sometimes.

Richard
Business Analyst / Tester / Support in US
Government Administration, 10,000+ Employees

Using Cisco Any Connect

Comments: This application is used every day, with just a few clicks.

Pros:

This software is very easy to use with only a few clicks. I log in to work using VPN on a daily basis. I usually work from home, but I have used Cisco Any Connect when having difficulty with our network at work. There is some setup involved to enter the VPN, but that is relatively easy the first time using the application. I have also added additional VPN addresses which is also very easy. The current setup at work has multiple VPNs to choose from on a dropdown list. The application is also easy for support to check and is easy for the user to check as well

Cons:

Not this software but having to sign in every day. The current "clock" is set for 15 hours so there is basically no interruption. If I am unable to connect to the VPN, I do not know if it is a specific connection to that site, or a problem with my Internet connection

Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Easy and reliable connectivity with Cisco Anyconnect

Comments: Best Cisco Anyconnect which connects world with just a click

Pros:

Work from home has made enormously better by Cisco Anyconnect with his secure ,easy and reliable connectivity remotely anywhere. It is pretty much used everywhere and people are well aware of it since it’s user friendly. I have been using VPN feature and really it’s very nice and no need to worry about hard tokens which had reduced risk of vulnerability and security breach. Super easy to connect remotely specially in this COVID situation . It has multiple routing options and secured completely .Never observed any disconnecting issues while in meeting over 30+ people

Cons:

Only cons is that frequently sometimes it gets disconnected and connected automatically and it will last for few mins until it gets stable. It probably disturbs the ongoing meetings or calls which makes me feel little annoying else it’s good

Prince
Senior Consultant in US
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

The only VPN tool that just works unintrusively

Comments: Overall this is one of those tools that you just don't think about. It does its job and does it so well, you don't really think about it even being there. I haven't even thought about how great this performs as this review is the first time I'm thinking of this tool after using it for over six consecutive years. Can't go wrong with Cisco!

Pros:

Everything is simple to use and simple to connect. The UI is minimal and the functionality is basic but this is exactly what every connection tool needs to have. Being lightweight, it is fast and non-intrusive. Cisco is one of the leading networking companies and they've had this little gold tool in their arsenal for years.

Cons:

Nothing really, the tool works exceptionally well and given the years I've used it, I have not had any significant trouble with the tool. It works with multiple companies based on your configurations.

Khan Nida Khanum
Software Engineer in India
Computer Software, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Good vpn client tool to connect to company network

Comments: Overall it is a good, secure and free vpn client provided by Cisco use by many organization employees.

Pros:

It is a good vpn client that allows you to access company resources through vpn. It is easy to configure with minimal efforts. Most widely used daily to access any resources in company network

Cons:

It is free software and easy to use. No cons so far.

Özgür
Özgür
Product Development Supervisor in Türkiye
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

Secure Mobility Client for your needs

Comments: In overall, I'm happy with Cisco AnyConnect. It is really easy to use. You do not need any training to use the software. Spends not much RAM; so it does not makes the computer slows down. Very robust as long as you have a moderate speed internet.

Pros:

The best thing I like with Cisco AnyConnect is that it's really an easy software to use It has a very minimal interface; so comfortable for your eyes. Multiple server option are available for your selection. You can even switch between the servers. In general, provides high speed secure connection. You can see statistics and connection history; which is a very good feature if you want to see what happened before.

Cons:

No advanced options are available. Would be better if user based connection options are allowed. Can get disconnected easily if your internet speed is not so high.

Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

CISCO VPN Review

Comments: With CISCO VPN i am able to RDP into my workplace servers and start working on my daily tasks, there is no connection lag with CISCO VPN, i am able to get things done at my own pace, I highly recommend users to use CISCO vpn if they need a VPN for workplace environment

Pros:

CISCO vpn Allows me to connect right away without any issues; i havent had any problems with CISCO VPN; the connection is great except for a few cases, But CISCO vpn features i like is the easy to use, enter in credentials and am into the network, CISCO vpn does not utilize much ram space when running, its free to use accross most platforms.

Cons:

when i try to access CISCO VPN it does not connect right away that is because my PC is always on sleep mode i rarely every shut it down, but once in a while CISCO VPN force me to re-start me PC in order to use the VPN

Benjamin
Software Engineer in US
E-Learning, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Reliable workd horse

Comments: It works, it's stable, I trust it. Can make the backbone of IT, especially in these trying times.

Pros:

It stays connected all of the time while I'm working remotely and just works, which is important for something critical like this. Over the years of my usage with my company and many versions, my experience has been quite smooth.

Cons:

We use Okta as our SSO provider, which is integrated into Cisco Anyconnect, except I can't use my U2F security key because Cisco's integrated browser doesn't support at least webauthn. CPU usage could be better. I have a 400Mb connection at home and I can't break 120Mb/s on a speedtest without maxing my CPU when connected to VPN. The process pegs out. But when I disconnect, CPU usage during a speedtest is non-existent and I get my full speed.

Vinita
Vinita
Senior Analyst in India
Financial Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Safe, Secure, and efficient VPN solution

Comments: Cisco Anyconnect helps us set up remote access to our company's and client's servers. As we work on virtual machines with no information saved on our laptops, in a way it would be impossible for us to work without anyconnect VPN solution. Having said that, the software experience has been bumpy at best and could definitely be improved upon.

Pros:

With Work-From-Home becoming a necessity, Anyconnect helps us connect remotely with our organisation's servers with one click. It remembers the domain and the user name so that it doesn't have to be entered manually each time. Being in the knowledge industry where confidentiality of information is of prime importance, anyconnect keeps the connection safe and secure to help prevent any misuse

Cons:

The thing i absolutely hate about anyconnect is that when the internet speed slows down even a little bit, the connection tends to disconnect and connect frequently with the notification window popping again and again constantly. It can be really bugging as it interrupts what you may be working (for eg. if you're typing something in word, you may have to manually click to activate the document again). Everytime the connection is interrupted, connection to outlook gets severed as well and you may need to manually close and open outlook all over again. One feature I think could be really helpful is the ability to save my login password so that I don't have to enter the details all over again everytime there is a disconnection.

Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Simple, Stable and Powerful VPN Software

Comments: The overall experience has been satisfactory for Cisco AnyConnect. There are not much issues apart from the internet speed drop. If your internet speed is good enough, the VPN software will work like a charm.

Pros:

It is a very good VPN software. The connectivity speed is also good. You can securely connect to any of the VPN options available. It works very well when you have a closed organization network and want to connect to the company resources. AnyConnect provides various functionalities to connect to the internal network securely. The interface is also very simple and easy to use. It also does not take much resources of your system.

Cons:

The most common issue about Anyconnect is the Network speed drop. The speed of your internet connection will drop significantly once you connect to the VPN. Apart from this there are not much issues. You need to have a good internet connection in order to use AnyConnect.

Mirza
Research Assistant in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11–50 Employees

Excellent solution if you're looking for a VPN

Comments: This software has made life a lot easier in this pandemic and I don't see another replacement for this product. This software is awesome and easy to use and integrate to your daily life. If you are looking to use it, don't hesitate!!

Pros:

My organization uses cisco AnyConnect to let us remotely and securely access our work computers from home. It can easily connect and disconnect with a click of a button, and you can seamlessly integrate it with SSO. There is no drop in internet speeds whatsoever when connected using Cisco AnyConnect. Connect your laptop or PC to WiFi and login to Cisco AnyConnect using your organizations domain, do an SSO and boom you're connected. As easy as that.

Cons:

Sometimes Cisco AnyConnect disconnects from my organization network. That only happens when I've been logged on to it for over 8hrs. But you can always connect back again. This happens to me once or twice a month.