15 years helping British businesses

About Zoho Projects

Zoho Projects is an online project management tool that helps teams plan, track, and collaborate on tasks with ease.

Learn more about Zoho Projects

Pros:

The ability to link to other Zoho solutions (CRM etc) and integrate information from various functions and third parties in project planning and implementation.

Cons:

The integrations are flaky. Integration with Zoho Desk is very limited and we ran into several bugs setting it up.

Zoho Projects ratings

4.2
4.3
4.4
4.4

8.3/10

Zoho Projects has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars based on 604 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Zoho Projects before?

Sashah
Sashah
Project Designer in Canada
Design, 51–200 Employees

Great Project Tracking and helpful Tasks Management Tool.

Comments: Big project data management product and the features offered are easy to adjust and also the time management through Zoho Projects is impressive.

Pros:

Zoho Projects allows easy document and multiple projects easy management product and the ability to create data analytics is effective. The project data insights collection, resource management and the coordination functionality with Zoho Projects is more profitable.

Cons:

I love the easy on implementing this product and the training curve is short and no dislike found.

Linda
Chief Operating Officer in South Africa
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

Perfect Project Management

4.0 last month New

Comments: Using Zoho books has been great and really improved our output in the business.

Pros:

The ability to tract my time, expenses, and also link to the accounting software is really a game changer.

Cons:

The project reports are not as detailed and comprehensive as I would like.

MARY
ADMIN in Kenya
Construction, 11–50 Employees

ZOHO PROJECT

Comments: IT IS HARD,NOT GOOD, UNABLE TO MANAGAE PROJECTS

Pros:

WE USE ZOHO BOOKS AND ZOHO PROJECTS CAN BE LINKED WITH BOOKS

Cons:

IT IS NOT USER FRIENDLY, IT IS HARD TO MANOUVER AND START A PROJECT

Solomon
Project manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

The Genevievely Amazing Project Tracking Tool.

Pros:

We can assign different projects to different syaffs easily and with no much struggle. With the tool,tracking the progress our our projects has been a walk in the park. The most amazing thing we love about the software is the support we get from the custiner desk which makes our projects to be ru ning smoothly with no errors.

Cons:

It had been the best so far and no dislikes

Charleotte
Senior HR manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

The Embellished and Garnished Project manager Tool.

Pros:

It is easy to define and manage our workflows. Easy to share project files and documents. We can track on the progress of our tasks efficiently. It offers us with the best integrations

Cons:

We have not developed any dislikes towards this tool.

Amar
Co-Founder in India
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Review for Zoho Projects as trial user

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I current using it on trail basis and planning to buy for entire team

Pros:

Ability customise and track all the essentials parts across the projects

Cons:

Dashboard within Zoho Projects is sub-optimal

Director in Kenya
Construction, 2–10 Employees

not cheap project management tool

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

ease of use . the training curve is short

Cons:

hard to use, report different projects that have dependencies

Clifford
Head - Operations in Zambia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Project Success with Zoho

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

The ease of setup and configuration. Task management is extremely easy with Zoho

Cons:

Pricing could be better for the enterprise package

Shria
Shria
Founder in India
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Offering an important solution

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: While the UI and the setup were slightly complicated, Zoho Projects helps you track your projects efficiently and in a detailed way. It gets the job done!

Pros:

Small businesses need to keep track of each project individually at a micro level and Zoho projects provides a pocket friendly way to do just that.

Cons:

The UI and set up are too complex, would have been nice to have clear youtube tutorials or an AI that could set up the tasks for you.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2–10 Employees

my view on zoho project

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

zoho project is a creative tool that greatly helps in project management. it has proven to be very helpful over time although I am yet to fully understand or get us to how it works.

Cons:

it is a little difficult to get a grasps of the software at the first try.

Kelly M
Kelly M
System Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

This easy-to-use app keeps track of chores and projects quickly

Comments: I really like the functions, the tools, and everything else that this software provides us with in order to manage a project. Those tools are really useful and important at the moment in order to manage a project and collaboration, and this software, it's absolutely useful if you want to manage like a professional.

Pros:

Zoho projects have a number of great features, but one of my favorites is the option to personalize the parameters for the project management. In addition to being incredibly simple to operate, the customization function meets the vast majority of the needs that my firm has in regard to project management.

Cons:

Zoho Projects is, without a doubt, one of the least user-friendly and most aggravating pieces of software I have ever worked with. It has some of the worst user experience and interface (UI) that I have ever seen, and it is missing some of the most fundamental capabilities that a project management software ought to have. It has been nothing but a hassle from the beginning to the end.

Alin
Assistant Vice President Projects in India
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Zoho Projects Review

Comments: Zoho Projects as a whole is an efficient Project Management Software for Development companies and software companies. The UI/UX part of the software is good with customizable screen themes. Auto- mail for completed tasks, reminder for uncompleted task and time log of weekly activity is readily available, which makes Zoho Projects an overall Good- to-go project and task management tool.

Pros:

1.Zoho Projects handles efficient Project Management.2.Resource Allocation to particular project and time tracking is good.3. Project Timelines and Dependencies with Critical Path can be measured.4. Each Project can have a task list, task and subtasks.5. Client can be assigned a user to view the status of projects.

Cons:

1. Since, its a SaaS model application, sometimes slowness in loading is observed.2. Pricing can be much more cost efficient.

Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

A practical solution for small teams

Comments: It is a practical and easy to use project planning suite although it has limited functionality in the smaller plans that does not allow people to test it before committing to an upgrade.
You cannot test a project plan solution without properly using tasks and subtasks.

Pros:

Cons:

Problematic value for money for small teams that need more functionality. Also, there is no ability to customize functionality and price package.

Pablo
Operation Leader in Argentina
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

Great Product , great Value.

Comments: Overall we have a great experience, finally choose to other two Free Tools

Pros:

Easy to start to use.Many features.Good value for the money

Cons:

Hard to track time on the project (too many clicks ).Not so easy for the team to do de onboarding.Doesn't have a public and documented APIs for automation.

Jhon
Jhon
Master of Information Technology in Colombia
Telecommunications, 501–1,000 Employees

A homogeneous distribution of responsibilities guarantees project success

Comments: In many occasions with the eagerness to achieve corporate objectives the allocation or distribution of the different tasks is something cumbersome and exhausting for some team members and tracking progress is much more exhausting, this causes that objectives are not achieved or that some members have much more workload than others, Zoho Projects allows us to optimally manage each and every one of our projects or tasks, distribute them homogeneously, make a detailed monitoring of both the progress of the task or the people involved in them; All this translates into work effectiveness, time optimization, a good use of this resource considerably increases the performance of the team and exploits the capabilities of its members.

Pros:

Continuously our operation is measured with a series of operational indicators that show the status of the work group, many of these metrics depend on individual team members, but there are other correlated ones that depend on more than one member of the group, here comes into play and in a very efficient way Zoho Project as it presents us with a platform capable enough to allow us to schedule each and every one of the objectives that month by month are evaluated to our group, through the tool I can easily distribute the tasks to each team member and analyze their progress as the week or month progresses and based on this reassign other tasks or otherwise add more members to the task to achieve its completion, an important point is that we can realize that member is overloaded with work in order to balance loads, This is very useful and is reflected in productivity, all the above mentioned although it sounds complex in the Zoho Projects platform is not, even the interface is very intuitive and allows you to customize the views of the different projects according to our taste or need.

Cons:

There are more benefits than negative points about Zoho Projects, maybe at first getting familiar with the different types of views where you can see the daily, weekly and even monthly distribution of the different tasks is a bit cumbersome, of course, the tool has filters and aids to adjust the view according to your own comfort, for example for some team members the kanban view is extremely clear although I particularly prefer compact and filtered weekly, so I realize the short and medium term objectives.

Roshi
Marketing Consultant in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Love this product- others don't compare!

Comments: Love this product and I recommend it for anyone managing something on their own, or with teams. There's just minor improvements, like the Tasks and Time tracking thing I mention above, that need refining.
And while customer service is also great (I can always reach a human),the knowledge base and Help sections needs user experience streamlining.
With the value pricing and the robustness of this product, I will always recommend this product to anyone - and do!

Pros:

Clear user design with logical and clear content and category designations. Love that they offer multiple view options for those who, say for example, would rather have a Kaban view over a more linear list breakdown. I have yet to find anything else as clearly user friendly and LOGICAL in organization. A lot of other sites I've used try too hard to be cool and modern, and actually end up causing user confusion with all their different layers. It's exhausting. But with Zoho Projects, I can go in quickly and get what I need! Also love how it interfaces with other Zoho products, such as Invoices, and I can export my time sheets. I love that I can hit a timer on my tasks, too. Overall, it has great standard operations with plenty of options for customization.

Cons:

Sometimes the invoice functions seem redundant to someone using the Zoho Invoices, and that has caused me to accidentally create some duplicates within Projects (when I was really just trying to create an invoice in Invoices), and I have had to clean up my own mess. That's the one area I think they made things a little more convoluted. I can't think of any other major cons - I've never had issues with this product. I don't use the Bug Tracker at all, so I can't speak to that. In Documents, it's unclear up front whether, when I pull a document in from a cloud, if it's going to sync any changes with that cloud app (like Google Drive, etc), or if it's just importing as is. Their Learning Center is also woefully organized. I can't search any topics, though the visualization videos you first land on are helpful for starters. But the info I REALLY can search is in the general Zoho Getting Started section...those knowledge centers should be merged and not be so confusing. Even the Forums in Projects help, I can't even search a topic on them on the landing page...so odd! And, lastly, it would be so great if Tasks had more Duration options. If it had an option where I could set a Task in HOURS, rather than only Days, then I could actually track something regularly hourly per week as well as track my weekly progress on it. Right now, I can't do that, I have to do that manually :( And, you can't seem to delete a Duration period once you've put it in (without also setting an end date). what if I just accidentally put in a duration?!

Barend
Barend
happenstance in Namibia
Design, 2–10 Employees

the best

Comments: your heart

Pros:

better than all the restTime is a precious resource that shapes our lives in profound ways. It provides structure, enabling us to plan, organize, and achieve our goals. Time's passage allows for growth, learning, and experiences that contribute to our personal development. It serves as a measure of progress, helping us track accomplishments and milestones. Time's limited nature reminds us of the urgency to make the most of each moment. Ultimately, understanding the importance of time encourages us to prioritize what truly matters and make meaningful contributions to our lives and the world around us.

Cons:

better than anyoneTime is a precious resource that shapes our lives in profound ways. It provides structure, enabling us to plan, organize, and achieve our goals. Time's passage allows for growth, learning, and experiences that contribute to our personal development. It serves as a measure of progress, helping us track accomplishments and milestones. Time's limited nature reminds us of the urgency to make the most of each moment. Ultimately, understanding the importance of time encourages us to prioritize what truly matters and make meaningful contributions to our lives and the world around us.

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

I wanted to love it.

Comments: I wanted to love ZOHO Projects and all of ZOHO suits. And I still believe the concept is a fantastic one. Most of the major apps any small business will need one place. But it felt like ZOHO haphazardly patched together apps from several different creators. I will be happy to try ZOHO again, once integration becomes more seamless. I look forward to newer versions!

Pros:

The single login with the ZOHO suite was a nice feature. I tried ZOHO primarily because I wanted one suite for the majority of my business app needs.

Cons:

My major complaint falls into two categories: 1. Integrations between ZOHO's own products are not as good as could be. And I have seen better integration with other PM software and third-party apps. 2. ZOHO suite, in general, does a lot of things, but most things not well. I signed up for ZOHO Projects primarily because I wanted to integrate it with other apps in the ZOHO suite. However, I found these integrations were not seamless and nowhere near as functional as they could be. For example; I use both Projects and Invoices for clients, can send them invites from both applications for a client portal. However, both portals require a seperate login for the client. This frustrates clients, as they know both apps are ZOHO, yet they need separate credentials. On my end, all of ZOHO's billing was not integrated. Which means there was a separate invoice and viewing page for billing for each ZOHO APP. I would expect billing to function more like G Suite, with all ZOHO apps billed together. As a stand-alone PM APP I found it not to be user friendly. You can't choose which fields or features you want. We tend to use more of a Kanban methodology and would prefer if task start and end dates were not mandatory. While I like the idea of the Sprint version of this APP, I wanted some of the client management features of full Projects.

Jason
Education Management
Used the Software for: Not provided

Zohoprojects - Lacks essential functionality

Comments: Zohoprojects looks good at first however there are some small bugs. More importantly there are MAJOR issues once everything is set up. Unfortunately we had to leave zohoprojects for privacy reasons.
Within the project management system as it is currently developed every user can see every comment and task for every other user in the project. We contacted zoho and there is no way of changing this.
Our setup currently is we have employees, contractors, managers and clients.
As far as zoho is concerned though all of the above make no difference as zohoprojects lets every user even the contractors see EVERY detail of every conversation and tasks between managers and clients.
Eventhough there are priviledge roles to prevent users from editing other users tasks they can still view EVERYTHING. Every login or message left, every detail, task, invoice etc generated for every other user.
Therefore two completely independent contractors for example could view absolutely everything that is going on with eachother. Absolutely ludicrous.
This is certainly a fundamental and very basic requirement which any project manager would expect out of the box.
Zohoprojects however seems not to care about it. We contacted them many times about this issue to find a workaround however there is none. We got a nice apology from India but unfortunately that is not enough. This lack of functionality can not be omitted. It is essential.
All it needs is a tick box within each project titled "Tick for Assigned users to be able to view tasks and milestones only" In summary:
If you are intending to use zohoprojects to manage one or more contractors and employees for your business then DON´T. You could do more damage to your business through this lack of privacy functionality than good if you do. As every project user can see EVERYTHING that everyone else is doing including any login or sensitive information that is posted. There is no way of making any message or task private. Also ALL client information can be viewed by EVERY user also.
Zoho does have a solution to client information being visible to all the users which is to set up one project for clients and one for workers.
Surely that negates the complete purpose of the system in the first place?
All I can say is "It´s a shame". Unless they fix it soon they will certainly lose huge amounts of customers and revenue just the same as they have now lost ours.

Pros:

When there are problems with the platform a very apologetic response from India arrives in your mailbox explaining that there is no solution.

Cons:

no privacy between users no privacy for clients from users

Juan
Industrial and Projects Director in Spain
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501–1,000 Employees

My experience in ZOHO is amazing. My life changed when I discover this program.

Comments: My experience in ZOHO is amazing.We are a company operating in 7 countries (Spain, Morocco, USA, China, Vietnam, Korea, France). We are about 120 active people in product and process development.
ZOHO has allowed a correct platform to do the communication between different countries.
Also, we have improved the project procedure implementation.
We are 150 people in ZOHO projects. We are working in several countries (Spain, Morocco, France, Korea, China, Vietnam, USA). Now all projects for new products, problems solutions, etc, are managed in ZOHO with a acceptable level implementation of the procedure.

Pros:

Correct functionality for project management. Available basics tools. Easy and intuitive use. Very Cheaper High control of the activities by the managers

Cons:

Not possible to install in our server. This is a problem for us (not big problems, but we prefer run in our server). The GANTT view should be improved. It is not very clear, and complicated the export for communication with other people without access the system Document for training is poor. Not exist report system. somo people has not clear the daily task. The milestones are only informative (or I don't know the real idea of the ZOHO designers with this concept). A little complicated for the project manager (this is my case).

Ken
Senior Security Risk Consultant in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

This has been an easy to use and fast deployment app

Comments: Ease of use. Value for money. Useful features

Pros:

This solution allowed us to become operational with our customers very quickly, and to provide a way to collaborate with them. The fact that it is online allows us to have common access with our clients and to provide transparency. Previous to using this, all team members had their own versions of PM tools that were not compatible and made for a very frustrating experience when trying to collaborate. Our clients like the fact that they have access to be able to contribute to the success of our projects. Zoho as a company have made changes as part of our feature requests that continue to make the experience of using this solution more pleasurable. Having a single price point for unlimited users and projects also made a huge difference when choosing a solution. This is a highly recommended app for any size organization

Cons:

There really isn't a downside considering the value for money. If the cost was inline with more expensive alternatives that have more features I could see that being an issue.

Jordan
Jordan
Software Engineer in Australia
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Comments: Zoho Projects, one of the best cloud-based program management and coordination tools, has an issue tracking app that facilitates networking and communication and speeds up project completion. Create a track of your activities using Zoho Projects' iOS mobile apps.

Pros:

A cloud-based initiative is a software creation activity that has more than one million customers worldwide. It enables you to effectively schedule and execute your activities. You can quickly delegate tasks, collaborate efficiently with all colleagues and partners, be mindful of all development reports, generate timely reminders of construction activity, and execute project schedules at a certain time of events. With a huge range of third-party frameworks, projects would be an excellent fit for the workplace.

Cons:

Zoho prototypes are difficult to customize. Its scalability is somewhat constrained for certain features. It is helpful for project creation, but it lacks a forum for individual communication. People do not like to rely on Zoho tasks to switch works to Excel in order to communicate with others.

Parth
Web Developer in India
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Collaborative Project Management Platform That Streamline Workflow

Comments: It is utilized throughout the organization as a collaboration tool to monitor project status, deadlines, and workloads. There are no limitations on how many projects you can make. I don't believe any other software now makes it easy for me to switch between multiple projects at once.

Pros:

In order to keep an accurate track of our customers' projects and share all of the most significant task highlights, it is quicker to deploy templates and follow tasks for our projects. Moreover, Ghannt charts and reports are included. It also has an accessible calendar. Compared to other platforms, it enables you to customize your tasks more.

Cons:

Not everything about time tracking is seamless. The mobile version is essentially useless. Sometimes the invoice function appears pointless. Basic features like repeating tasks are lacking.

Diana
Manager in Canada
Cosmetics, 11–50 Employees

Flexible program but terrible support

Comments: We felt a bit frustrated with their support and didnt want to buy into their model anymore.

Pros:

We enjoyed setting this program up because it had flexibility to allow us to set it up for our marketing business and also cosmetics. We had many contractors too so it was great we could track their times for each task.

Cons:

Once we started adding more users, it became too expensive. In the end, we had to step away from this because we had over 30 users and we needed something that wouldn't charge so much for adding new users. We needed a better package deal. Support was terrible and they tried to lure us in with paying for support.

Design, 11–50 Employees

Zoho Projects has a lot of tools for its price. But it tries a little bit too much.

Comments: As a project director of an office with 15 people designing it has helped me a lot to organize resource and track project insights early. But the daily users doesn't take the advantage of it.

Pros:

Zoho Projects is one of the softwares with more tools and connected to different platforms that I know. The ability to track tasks, hours. and other project indicators is awesome.

Cons:

Even tho is capable of almost anything that other software can do is a little bit "unfriendly" if you are not highly capacitated on it. It takes a lot of time for the daily user to log hours into different tasks and projects so at the end of the ay a lot of users don't use a lot of the tools. The same applies for the customer when you want them to use it. It is complicated and the notifications on everything sometimes annoy them. This is maximized with the lack of self customer service, more friendly and updated training videos or guides would help a lot.