We spend more time with donors and less time with spreadsheets

Karen B.
Donor & Data Systems Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Reduced hand-data entry. Reduction in errors. Increased flexibility.

Pros: I no longer have to prep my spreadsheets for my regular imports. I occasionally forget how amazing of a statement that is. Virtual data fields and dictionaries can be set up ahead of imports, including the ability to skip records that meet certain criteria. It matches or creates records, addresses can be old or slightly different--I choose when to update or ignore It matches on "close" names, if I want it to. I have fewer multi-pass imports, because so many more things can be done with each pass. But the biggest thing is that we are able, with the same number of staff members, to better customize our donor solicitations because we don't have to spend hours and hours pouring over column over column in thousands of lines of spreadsheets. Omatic lets us customize based on what we already know about our donors, which gives us time to continue learning more about them.

Cons: It's sophisticated and robust. Which means if you're someone who hates instructor-led training and just likes to click around to learn, it will take you ages to learn everything it can do. It's SO incredibly customize-able--it will suggest but not dictate for many fields--that people who want full functionality without a learning curve are going to flat-out miss out on all the things it can do for you. If you are constantly in a work environment where you feel it's easier to do something the slow, hard way than figure out an easier way--if there is never an opportunity to slow down and learn something new--you won't realize its full benefits.

A Real Time and Headache Saver

Tim H.
Donor Records Clerk
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: ImportOmatic has enabled me to import lists of constituents, with their address info, multiple phone numbers and email addresses, multiple pieces of education, and multiple constituency codes all in a single import, without ever needing the Import ID. ImportOmatic has saved me all kinds of time and frustration in importing data, doing comparisons, creating queries of external lists. If given the choice between doing a traditional import or using IOM to do my imports, I don’t think I can imagine a scenario where I would choose the traditional import method.

Pros: It gets data of all kinds into Raiser's Edge much easier than with the traditional import process. And it can import a plethora of vastly different types of data in a single import. Not needing an Import ID for every import makes comparing lists of incomplete information received from external sources against my database a much simpler process than the traditional method. From there, I'm given all kinds of control in whether I want to update the information we have on hand, or simply create a query of people off that list (or both). I can either automate individual options (or the whole thing) or go through them one at a time for full control.

Cons: My only small gripe about ImportOmatic is the initial learning curve made figuring out how to use it a bit tricky. When we got IOM some 3 years ago and I was setting up my first few imports... that was a somewhat confusing challenge to navigate all the possible options (even with training). Now that I've been using it for a while, they've improved that process quite a bit and I'm able to get even more types of data in than I initially was. I also have several templates built at this point that allow me to get my complex datasets into Raiser’s Edge with minimal need to build a new import every time.

ImportOmatic is vital for Raiser's Edge

Jamie H.
Manager of Support Services and Consultant
Fund-Raising, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The ability to import records into Raiser's Edge more easily and seamlessly than with any other product or Blackbaud feature.

Pros: ImportOmatic is the most flexible and precise importing tool available for Raiser's Edge. It integrates seamlessly and makes possible the importation of both new and established records in Raiser's Edge at the same time. As a Raiser's Edge power user and consultant, my first order of business before beginning any major project in Raiser's Edge is to make sure I have ImportOmatic available. Beyond the base package of ImportOmatic, the ImportOmatic connector for Luminate Online to Raiser's Edge is the best connector available. I prefer to use this connector over the Blackbaud version as it is much more flexible.

Cons: I wish ImportOmatic did a better job of matching phone NUMBERS to established constituents, rather that just phone TYPES. It is my biggest aggravation with this product, and I hope it is resolved soon. I also find the address scoring feature (for matching an incoming address to a constituent's current address) annoying at times because a +4 on a ZIP code will significantly impact the similarity score between addresses, thereby requiring more "touching" of the record than necessary. That said, ImportOmatic is still way better at both of these types of processing that other products.

Fantastic tool & it makes my job much easier. I can work smarter not harder. The staff are amazing.

Crystal C.
Advancement Services Specialist
Individual & Family Services, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: ImportOmatic allows me to work smarter not harder. I can import files in minutes and know that the information is coming in just the way I want it and not creating duplicate records. I don't have to spend time cleaning each import file because I created a profile once and know that it will take care of the mess for me.

Pros: Setting up the profiles is fun and the tools (dictionaries, virtual fields, automation) are so helpful. I can add or update constituents within minutes with ImportOmatic instead of spending days doing it manually or worrying about issues with the standard import tool in RE. I can setup and change the matching criteria for profiles depending on my trust issues or trust in the file that I am importing. Being able to assign functions and proper casing within the profile means that I don't have to spend time formatting my spreadsheet every time. The training from the Omatic staff is great. Their training method of showing you how to create a profile, creating one with you, and then a following up call for any questions about additional profiles you created is perfect.

Cons: It is hard to think of cons because just in the past year Omatic has expanded the features that I had complaints about before. I miss being able to process a whole import no matter what the size under the validation mode. It just added another safety net to the process.

Best Import Product and User Friendly

Michelle N.
Database Administrator
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall ImportOmatic is a great product with more pros than cons. When I've spoken with someone from customer service I have had nothing but great experiences.

Pros: I've been using this product to do imports of various types for 4 years now and I wouldn't use anything else. ImportOmatic takes the guesswork out of getting the data in the database in an effective and efficient way. Having the convenience of Profiles/Templates set up for recurring imports saves so much more time than importing with the database's limited resources. Not having to manipulate the data from the source file is a HUGE time saver! Just being able to create a dictionary to correct the potential "garbage" that could go into the system saves time for me as the only person that does this function in my department and minimizes cleaning up the data. My productivity has increased substantially since I have been using this product.

Cons: The one thing I like least about the product is the limitation of validating only 25 records at a time when you are using ImportOmatic in the hosted environment. Outside of the hosted environment there was no limit on the number of records and the ability to import after validating all the records was seamless. It also seems counter intuitive to allow help tickets to be entered online, but the only way to receive an initial response is a return phone call. I think it would be more productive if there was a chat option.

ImportOmatic Review

Reviewed on 26/02/2019
Judy H.
Database Specialist
Fund-Raising, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have an annual fundraising event where we sell cards to individuals where those cards can be used to receive a 20% discount on items purchased at over 750 retailers during a specific 10 day period. The volume of cards sold is huge, and every card sold has the purchaser info contained on the sales form (contact info). The data on each sales form must be entered into Raiser's Edge. Using ImportOmatic to export sales data entry info through our website into a csv file which is then imported using the scheduler tool has been a tremendous time saver and allows the info to flow into Raiser's Edge on a much quicker basis. This gives us access to potential new donors on a much more timely basis for use with our other appeals.

Pros: With the use of the scheduler tool in conjunction with the ImportOmatic software tool, large volumes of data can be imported into Raiser's Edge without the need for touching each record...only those records that don't conform to the screening criteria need human touch. This greatly reduces the amount of time needed for volume imports.

Cons: Sometimes the complexity involved when setting up a good configuration for a template can be a real challenge. It is a delicate balancing act to get a template set up that is tight enough not to reject a high volume of records versus not enough tightness that results in too many records being imported that really did need some human touch.

The right Raiser's Edge tool for the job

George H.
Technical Data Analyst
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I'm using ImportOmatic to append or update data to the Raiser's Edge for data integrity and accuracy. The data is then used for fund raising and prospect research.

Pros: The ImportOmatic tool saves me time by skipping the Blackbaud Raiser's Edge import process. The tools allows me to address Raiser's Edge importing issues. This tools has saved me a tremendous amount of time and allowed me to get me job done. Without this tool, I would not be able to complete several of my projects. This tool is hightly recommended if you are serious about moving data into Raiser's Edge.

Cons: This software has a steep learning curve. I wish there were short 5-10 minute Youtube videos to address advance processes so I can just watch and learn. (ie. remove attribues fields, names matching, scoring, etc.) This saves me a call to Omatic or refer to the 793 page user's guide.

Omatic has made all the difference

Bridget L.
Development Coordinator
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have an event every March and ask our registrants to fund raise for us, via Luminate. Prior to getting the Omatic Luminate Connector we were using RELO and importing gifts took SO long. I would spend all my days between February and March just trying to get through them all and catch up. And then we got Omatic and my work life changed. So fast, so efficient - it has really made all the difference.

Pros: The speed at which I can import donations and it's ability to find matches is invaluable. We were originally using RELO and it took FOREVER to import gifts and I was always behind and so stressed. But as soon as we got Omatic, my work life changed and I could easily and quickly get them into the database and get thanking!

Cons: I wish there was some more functionality on matching imports info to defaults in the batch. For instance, if a person is a certain age, they get this particular solicit code and constituent code on their record. I also wish there was a chat function. Sometimes I just have a quick question and don't want to open a whole ticket.

Allows me to import easier than just thru RE7-also has some drawbacks, updating, exceptions report

Susan R.
Reporting Associate
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Easier Importing!

Pros: I love that I don't have to create ImpID's for every field. I love that it imports so quickly. I love the ease of it.

Cons: Unable to update. Exceptions report has changed since we started using Connector and now I don't receive why something has exception'd out (list the id that it doesn't see, or if it exception'd out because someone has the record open). During a simply import like adding only an appeal code to an existing record it exceptions out and then wants to add as a full constituent.

by Omatic Software on 06/03/2018

Hi Susan-
Thank you for taking the time to respond! I am sorry you haven't been able to update. I see that you had an open ticket with our Customer Support team regarding this issue but it has been closed. I will have someone else on the team reach out to help resolve this issue.
Thanks,
Marcia Hightower
Customer Success Manager

I want more than a one night stand with IOM. I want a long term relationship.

Reviewed on 21/12/2017
Carlene J.
Manager of Advancement Services
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've saved time, money, and headaches from this! Using IOM has allowed me to solve problems which were previously unsolvable!

Pros: ImportOmatic is totally dreamy. It has revolutionized my job and allows me to import data in ways that I could not even have imagined in the past. It is incredibly flexible and saves me time, headaches, and money, while increasing data integrity through decreasing human error. I've never wanted to make out with a piece of software until I met ImportOmatic. After the demo and trying it out I realized that I didn't just want a one night stand with IOM - I wanted a long term relationship. And here we are.... more than 7 years as a client and two different institutions. IOM and I are still going strong. I have no plans to end my relationship. :)

Cons: Because the tool is so powerful and flexible there are a LOT of options to set. It is important to go through each of the settings when setting up an initial template to ensure that it is doing everything one wanted from it. But, when it gets tricky, support is there to help as are other users via the forums.

Omatic makes Raisers Edge so much more useful

Kelly W.
Membership Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I can't recommend them enough. It adds so much functionality to Raisers Edge. It will let you integrate basically any third party software with Raisers Edge almost seamlessly – from email marketing to volunteer management to online donations.

Pros: There are a few different import tools for Raisers Edge, but ImportOmatic is the best one by leaps and bounds. The standard Raisers Edge imports work for very basic things, like adding actions, but Omatic is a necessity for anything more complicated. You can add or update name/address/email/phone AND add gifts at the same time. It matches constituents automatically (which actually works well). The best part is that gifts go into a batch, which you can review for accuracy before committing.

Cons: The only downside to Omatic is that because it does so many things, it is a little complicated. You need someone on staff who is tech savvy enough to setup the imports and troubleshoot if something changes. If you add new fields to a donate page, you have to update the import profile in Omatic, and that takes attention to detail. Omatic has really good training and help articles though. It's all in plain English and doesn't need any special coding.

ImportOmatic Makes Batching Easier

Specialized Gift Coordinator
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I love it and recommend it. It makes using Raiser's Edge much easier and is a tremendous improvement over Raiser's Edge import.

Pros: I love the review of constituent records vs incoming information and the ability to make very specific changes to records before committing import. It's much easier than reviewing record by record in Raiser's Edge batch and going through at least 2 tabs per record. It also makes it possible to edit a batch in a spreadsheet or other database software vs using Batch.

Cons: Some of the updates caused a loss of attribute information or the need to create more than one profile, but it seems like these unexpected outcomes are corrected in later updates.

Overall, I love the product. We've had our issues in the past on various things, but support helps.

Reviewed on 15/12/2017
Regina D.
IS Business Automation Analyst
Higher Education
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Time saver is the biggest thing. Because it's easier to use than RE Import, it saves time on a lot of various tasks, from the use of virtual fields and dictionaries, to easily reloading errors. It's a great product.

Pros: It's a lot easier to use than RE's import and it's move efficient. I love the use of virtual fields. Dictionaries are so helpful too. I appreciate that I don't have to frequently manipulate spreadsheets. Plus, it loads much faster than the RE import and produces errors and makes it easier to identify and import the errors.

Useful but at times frustrating

Reviewed on 21/02/2019
Milly J.
Advancement SErvices Co-ordinator
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Importomatic is definitely a help in getting masses of data into our database. However, it is clunky and limited, without the ability to tailor it to our specific needs.

Pros: It does what we need - enables mass import of large quantities of data

Cons: It's inflexible - we have to do a lot of workarounds to make the data fit Most frustrating - every time Importomatic makes an update, we have to re-map EVERY profile, which is time consuming and frustrating (especially when updates are too frequent) and also means that sometimes things are missed and profiles are not importing everything we thought they were. It needs constant review and work, which again is time consuming and open to errors.

Time and stress saver

Reviewed on 28/02/2019
Lizette Y.
Database Administrator
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: ImportOmatic has saved us a lot of time and stress in trying to map fields to Raiser's Edge and completing the imports. It is effective at locating duplicates and it's nice to have the options for creating queries of the records changed.

Pros: ImportOmatic has allowed us to do custom imports into Raiser's Edge with very little time, and sometimes even with little setup of the import profile. We have been able to import data into specific fields that Raiser's Edge's import feature does not allow us to do. And if there are exceptions, the ability to cancel the whole import until you can revise the profile is a lifesaver since it prevents you from making any changes in the database that you would have to undo.

Cons: There are still some fields that are not mapped to import, but I have come across them too infrequently to be able to name them.

Lifesaver

Jonathan C.
Director of Operations
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: My organization imports over 20k records per month, without importomatic duplicates would be a major issue. The ability to match in constituents that are already in the database, select the specific data to correct or modify and edit the import information on the fly, make it an incredible tool.

Cons: Customer support process is the one thing about the product I like the least. Creating a case and waiting for a response is frustrating at times.

ImportOMatic for Raiser's Edge

Database Specialist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: ImportOMatic and Omatic Softwares are valued software providers that have reduced our processing time. The ease of use has allowed us to widen the scope of data that we include in our Raiser's Edge database.

Pros: Works seemlessly with Raiser's Edge. The duplicate search features and dictionaries drastically reduce the amount of time spent on manipulating data sets that we are importing into our database.

Cons: In interface could be more intuitive to allow for less training of new users.

We've used Importomatic for 5 years...configuration was difficulty, but now easy to use

Nancy C.
Director Administrative Support Services (aka University Advancement Services)
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Streamline out daily import/updates

Pros: Reliable, bug-free product. Adding/configuring multiple data points/record types makes this a much better solution than the standard Import function of RE.

Cons: Error messages are non-user-friendly, not easily diagnosed. There is a current bug in 3.5.1.2 that no longer renames the import file after the import is complete. We've had to change our processes until this bug is fixed.

Good tool that we use daily

Dawn W.
Director of information systems
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall we have had a very good experience using the import O-Matic products. We also use another product called Mayo automatic and are very happy with that as well.

Pros: Import O-Matic makes importing all kinds of data into the Raiser’s Edge so much easier than the native import functionality.

Cons: I don’t love the user interface. Wish it could be just a little friendlier. Although importing data is a complex and detailed process.

it has been extremely difficult

Database Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Update – we are now paying a HJC (Luminate Consultants) and trying to get Blackbaud Professional services involved to assist with resolving omatic group-sync issues. currently seeking professional services combination of RELO and Omatic, as these issue remain unresolved with support.

- Run RELO at the same time as Luminate Connector – as the omatic group sync profile is causing too many problems to list
- Can either of these tools bring registrants into the events module, prior to bringing the donations over?
- Can either of these tools prevent the runaway duplicate situation in Luminate Online? I suspect once group sync profile is fixed, this will resolve itself
- Can either of these tools bring constituents over who have not yet made a donation, rather signed up for a newsletter? The omatic constituent import is not working because group sync has overwritten Country from Canada to Cnd and there are thousands of updates (errors) to click through to find one new genuine newsletter subscriber.
- What happens to all the monthly donors that were set up with omatic? a return to RELO would break all those subscribers connections to the original recurring gift.
- Creating an email group takes 3 hours for 30000 records, everytime annual giving wants to send an email – Omatic says that the only resolution is getting faster internet (RE is hosted by Concourse and Luminate Online is hosted by Blackbaud), who needs faster internet?

Pros: the promise of ease and time saving sounded great, unfortunately that has not been our experience

Cons: Luminate Connector is NOT a time saving tool, and profiles still not working months after implementation

by Omatic Software on 25/02/2019

We are sorry to hear that you've had some issues with the Luminate Online connector. The entire Omatic team is committed to working through these problems with you. Please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] if you would like to discuss your concerns in depth. I'm happy to help!
Marcia

Excellent tool to import at speed

Reviewed on 08/04/2019
John T.
IT administrator
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Partially matching data can be processed at speed with much more acuracy now. So our company is able to create less duplicates going forwards.

Pros: Most like the wide range of fields that can be mapped in virtual fields to get the data to appear with all the trimmings we like in our database. I like the dictionary function that can be based on text or more advance regular expression converting.

Cons: Setting up the import profiles can be a lot of trial and error. If I could improve one thing it would be to test run the profile as you craft the dictionary or expressions. On the address block is used as a % match. Would be nice if the whole address was considered in the matching.

OMagic

Reviewed on 17/02/2019
Uttam T.
Data Analyst
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We are very happy with IOM and have been using for the past five years plus. It makes importing easy for all level RE users.

Pros: Ease of mapping fields and detailed process doc makes importing records easy. The added feature of creating a gift batch or adding records to an existing gift batch is also very handy.

Cons: We do not have any negative experience to share

Wonderful experience using this software.

Krystal R.
Senior Database Administrator
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The profile creation is pretty much seamless. I prefer using ImportOmatci versus the classic RE import option.

Cons: I wish support had a chat option- creating a ticket is often not the option best suited for my needs at times.

by Omatic Software on 06/03/2018

Hi Krystal-
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. We are thrilled you've had a great experience with ImportOmatic.
Our Customer Support team is always interested in making our clients lives easier. They have some great things on the horizon for 2018!
Thanks
Marcia Hightower
Customer Success Manager

Import to Raiser's Edge

Julie C.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We are importing daily our sports applications, contributions, events and other information from Luminate Online and we have been very happy with the process.

Pros: I can use any excel file to import to Raiser's Edge and map out the exact fields.

Cons: The data must be exact for format and coding when importing and errors can take time to fix.

THANK YOU! It's a dream product!

Vicki C.
Database Manager
Performing Arts, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It saves us hundreds of hours a year. Plus, the deduping while importing is awesome!

Pros: 1. De-duping while importing. 2. Easy mapping. I like the fact that you don't have to type more just to get to the minimum number of characters. I am a database administrator and we value the number of keystrokes. Less is more!