• Overall

About LogMeIn Central

Simplified endpoint management for desktops, servers, and mobile laptops.

Learn more about LogMeIn Central

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used LogMeIn Central before?

Darell B.
Owner in US
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees

Log Me In Central A Great Choice For Remote Support

5 last year

Comments: I have been using the Central Module for years it allows you to put computers in groups to easily identify your customers computers. Also alerts are set to notify you of Windows updates and antivirus software that is outdated on each computer.

Pros:

Log Me In Central has been my go to remote repair tool for my customers. The software is secure easy to use and is loaded with features.

Cons:

The pricing a little high to add features it costs to use but every feature is very useful for your business

Jax W.
Solutions Engineer in US

Never Really Worked Reliably

2 3 years ago

Comments: We have maybe 2500 computers we need to have irregular access to. I would say 50% of the time, the computer we would try to access would need to be restarted, have an unfixable black screen remotely, or just not connect due to a LogMeIn client issue. When it worked, it was great, but when you often have to take action or go on site to get your remote software working, it's just not worth it. Support was horribly unhelpful and just suggested updates, which in the long run did not help since issues would reoccur and getting access to update them would require being physically present at the computer, ruining the purpose of this remote access software.

Pros:

It allowed us to access thousands of devices and keep them organized.

Cons:

Devices would either connect with a black screen, or just not show up on the list at all. Visiting my remote computers in person would show the computer started normally, but LogMeIn decided to run but just not connect. Just one click in the LMI Control Panel would make it reconnect. Not polling for a good connection after restart is just bad design, and support consistently told me to just update to the latest version, but through 3 years of experiencing this problem. The black screen issue wasn't resolved either.

Caitlin C.
Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Remote Login provider

4 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I had no issues using LogMeIn and never heard of any other coworkers having issues. It seems like a solid choice.

Pros:

We used LogMeIn for a couple years before upgrading to match our company size. It was slick, functional and rarely had any technical issues.

Cons:

It didn't seem able to scale with our company needs.

Jickson P.
HR Manager in India

Ideal for Workstation Management!

5 7 months ago

Comments: I have been utilizing the Central Module for quite a long time it permits you to place PCs in gatherings to effectively distinguish your clients PCs. Additionally alarms are set to tell you of Windows refreshes and antivirus programming that is obsolete on every PC.

Pros:

Log Me In Central has been my go to distant fix instrument for my clients. The product is secure simple to utilize and is stacked with highlights. We use LogMeIn Central to deal with the entirety of the client workstations inside my association. This permits me to distant into any client PC to assist with investigating, and to do various other administration capacities. I can likewise get explicit equipment data (ie, realistic card or CPU model) utilizing the Inventory usefulness about any workstation in my Central Account. The Central Management Console permits me to see the entirety of my client workstations, bunch them, arrangement warnings dependent on explicit rules (RAM or CPU usage, new programming introduces, and so forth) There's likewise a File Manager where I can move or duplicate records from my workstation to the end clients. There is a ton of usefulness for overseeing refreshes, running contents, and so on, that I don't utilize.

Cons:

LogMeIn Central expects you to in any event pay for at least 25 workstations/establishments, if you use them, as this is a business-class item. This product was more costly than other comparable items. Just installment choice was for 1 year where different items have regularly scheduled installment alternatives. The product didn't offer similar choices like numerous screens that other programming gives. That is a quite enormous thing to miss today when most customers utilize numerous screens and they are inexperienced with hauling things between 1 screen.

IT Support Specialist in US
Printing, 51-200 Employees

Greatest and easiest remote desktop software I've ever used as an IT Tech

5 3 years ago

Comments: A +++. Amazing software and a must-have for IT staff/helpdesk who support their company's/client's software.

Pros:

I LOVE logmein. Hands down the best remote desktop software I've used. Better than showmyPC, better than apple's remote desktop viewer, better than literally anything else (except that you have to pay for it.) I love that you can easily access someone's computer AND it's easy for them to let you access their computer--very simple for even non-techy people to set up and allow access. And it's file transfer options are top-notch!

Cons:

I only dislike that you have to pay for it...but that's silly. These guys deserve more money. They're killing it.

Brittany S.
Management/Bookkeeper in US
11-50 Employees

Remote in from any location

5 3 years ago

Pros:

I like most that it gives me the ability to work from my home computer. I am able to log in within about 2 minutes and has saved me numerous trips to my office. I've used it in both my accounting and sales job and it really does keep my work info at my fingertips. Another great thing is that it gives our CPA the ability to remote in to get any documentation she needs without having to contact me.

Cons:

Set up is a little demanding but their customer service reps helped. It is also a little slow, there is a definite lag especially when opening reports.

Ray F.
COO in US
501-1,000 Employees

This was a great addition to our company.

5 3 years ago

Comments: Great purchase and I would highly recommend.

Pros:

We are a staffing agency and have multiple clients and employ 500 plus employees. LogMeIn allows us to log into computers outside of our location to view employee info, retrieve weekly hours, and communicate with our time clocks. This saves us time and money and allows us to communicate with our clients without leaving our office.

Cons:

My personal opinion is that there aren't any Cons. This software saves our company valuable time and practically pays for its self with the travel time it saves.

Sherry G.
Sherry G.
Owner in US
Retail, 2-10 Employees

GoToMyPC by LogMeInInc.com

5 3 years ago

Comments: I use this software daily in order to access my desktop computer from anywhere. The software is safe and secure, easy to use and does the job.

Pros:

I've been using this software to log in to my computer remotely from any PC and it has enabled me to do my work from anywhere - including Vietnam, Cambodia, and Costa Rica. All I had to do was set it up on my computer and log in and I can access my desk in the office from anywhere.

Cons:

There is nothing I don't like about the software. It has been 100% reliable for me, regardless of where in the world I am located.

Dan B.
Support in US

LogMein Central

4 2 years ago

Pros:

I used this product at my last job for over 2 years, it allowed me to access offices and desktops nationwide. I was successfully able to update, patch and troubleshoot issues on remote PC's, at any time of the day. Great asset for any size company to remotely work and control PC's

Cons:

The first issue is bandwidth is very important, especially if you are transferring files or data. Every one is awhile we had to log out of Central and then log back in due to the following, slowness, or unresponsiveness from remote PC.

Susan I.
IT Director in US
Law Practice, 51-200 Employees

Log me in

5 3 years ago

Comments: Overall I like the product and would not switch to other competitors.

Pros:

I have been using this software for about 18 years. When I first used it, it was free. They have since implemented a cost for this BUT they have also improved its capability as well. This product is versatile and solid. I use it nearly every day. Saves me money as well --no more driving to remote locations.

Cons:

The rising cost. Over the years the % of cost increase is great.

Dave S.
Partner in US
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

LogMeIn User

5 last year

Comments: I use it everday, we wouldn't be able to function as smoothly without it.

Pros:

Couldn't do business without it. I have multiple computers hooked up over 4 locations, and this gives me access to them at the drop of a hat.

Cons:

Sometimes a computer gets logged off or needs to be updated, but that's not their problem. Software is amazing.

David P.
David P.
Senior Field Engineer in UK

Easy to use remote support tool

5 3 years ago

Pros:

You can combine all your customers, and even separate accounts, in to one portal. The remote connection is very reliable and stable. Widely supported and accepted.

Cons:

Lacks some features such as easy file transfer to remote computer. Seems to have slowed down development a bit ad fallen behind competitor solutions.

Jon A.
Jon A.
Application Support Team Lead in US
Medical Practice, 501-1,000 Employees

Reliable but lacking

4 3 years ago

Comments: LMI Central has saved my team a ton of time but leaves us wanting more features

Pros:

Allows my team to quickly connect to machines across our company. Connections are always fast and reliable.

Cons:

Severely lacking in features. Alternative solutions like screenconnect are cheaper, just as reliable, and support things like silent command execution, screen monitoring, etc without connecting to the machine. This allows for repair or maintenance without the need to disrupt the end user.

Lupe S.
Technology Coordinator in US
Civic & Social Organization, 201-500 Employees

LogMeIN

5 3 years ago

Comments: Connecting to our computers remotely that are in other cities. Installing update, troubleshooting -
printing issue - software - setting up users - email issues.

Pros:

Cuts down on travel time when troubleshooting simple issues.

Cons:

Cost - which we could afford more We are non-profit so our funds are limited.

Patrick K.
IT Director in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1,000 Employees

Logmein Central is an easy powerful tool.

5 3 years ago

Comments: We use it for all our computers local and remote. We like that we can give access to unlimited users to the same computers or segment them to one.

Pros:

Groups are easy to manage. Reports provide good detail about activity.

Cons:

Better way to look at all screens if the endpoint has multiple screens.

Nasira C.
Office receptionist in US
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees

LogMeIn to work from home

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Once you download the software to your home computer, you can access the office server in minutes! We can view the office schedule and other information and utilize our dental management software from home. Very convenient.

Cons:

Once in awhile, there are connectivity issues, or the server kicks you off when the remote access computer is idle too long. It is a bit frustrating but happens only rarely.

Jonathan A.
Application Support Team Lead in US

Allows for quick and easy support

5 4 years ago

Pros:

I like that it's extremely fast to connect into devices. The UI is very responsive as well so it makes navigating and connecting VERY fast. I have had excellent session quality with this product.

Cons:

The cost is higher than other products with similar features. The "remember my password" setting to connect is saved per computer, not globally, so it must be saved for each computer you connect into.

Compliance Officer in US
Textiles, 51-200 Employees

Excellent product, easy to use

5 4 years ago

Comments: Easy and simple remote access to various computers. I can pretty much do whatever I need to do - even if it's across multiple networks.

Pros:

The ability to access all of my computers that I need to remotely. Great tool if I need to work from home, need to be on the factory floor, or am trying to access one of my computers between two different networks.

Cons:

Sometimes there is quite a bit of a lag time involved that can be a little frustrating to deal with. Also, sometimes the screen resolution is not that great and is a little bit pixelated. Trying to connect to a two-monitor setup is also challenging at times.

James J.
General Manager in US
Printing, 2-10 Employees

Has the features I need most

5 3 years ago

Comments: Saved money and time all around...

Pros:

Simplicity of managing multiple computers.

Cons:

Cost per seat is high, and it's easy to inadvertently add clients then lock yourself out because they are over the limit.

Network and Server Engineer in US

Great features but too expensive

4 3 years ago

Pros:

Reliability and features are very good.

Cons:

Price, too expensive and they seem to always increasing their prices. I still use because I have to but I am always looking for alternatives.

Social Media Coordinator in US
Retail, 11-50 Employees

We use LogMeIn everyday

4 3 years ago

Pros:

I work for several companies, which means sometimes I need to access a computer that isn't always in front of me. I really like LogMeIn because I can reach any desktop at any time, which is great!

Cons:

It can be hard when the software malfunctions and it sometimes is hard to send the error report to wherever it needs to go.

Christophe C.
Christophe C.
IT Director in France
Animation, 11-50 Employees

Amazing tool !

4 3 years ago

Pros:

The easy deployment of Logmein client. Even if user don't know anything about computers

Cons:

The web interface could be faster.. Sometime authentication is really slow

Pete A.
CEO in US
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

Logmein Central

5 3 years ago

Comments: Helps support of large number of systems across multiple clients.

Pros:

Centralized Management of access to multiple PC remotely

Cons:

Price increases in recent years are far too large.

Tracy K.
Hospital Administrator in US
Veterinary, 11-50 Employees

Lifesaver!

4 3 years ago

Comments: Overall, I am very satisfied with LogMeIn. I have been a user for about six years.

Pros:

Being able to use this software and work from home on certain days has been a lifesaver. I'm able to work from home two days a week and look after an ill family member. It has been so helpful in me being able to keep up with my heavy workload.

Cons:

The screen shows up much smaller than the original when I am working from home. It also tends to go much slower than if I was actually in my office.

Michael C.
Dentist in US
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees

LogMeIn for Private Practice Dental

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Quick connection to office server from home. No need to log in every time, simply click on the device you want to connect to and you're in!

Cons:

Occasionally can be slow, and sometimes if inactive for a few minutes you are automatically logged out.