Filter by:

• Overall

About Sortly

The industry's simplest (mobile friendly) Inventory and asset tracking system. Trusted by 1000's of businesses. Get it for free today!

Learn more about Sortly

Presenter
Consumer Goods, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2019

"Totally loving this for our company."

Comments: We are able to keep track of all of our inventory & what items are sent out to what locations as well as keep track of what is coming and going within each exact room. We are so happy that we can import from spreadsheet the information on other locations so that we can keep track on them as stock arrives without granting access to those workers to our inventory software.

Pros: Customize-able in almost every aspect. Totally tailored to us.

Cons: Originally it was not available on Android, but now that it is, we have it on the cell phone too. :)

Garrett B.
Manager, Fulfillment Services
Warehousing, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2019

"I'm a fan of Sortly Pro"

Pros: The software is easy to use. The updates have gotten the product significantly closer to the abilities of an enterprise level inventory system.

Cons: Reporting is pretty none existent. I'd love to see some canned reports, now that activity is tracked, on usage. Meaning if you could just have the increments and decrements as opposed to everything else.

Jason G.
Lab Technician
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2019

"Great Standalone System for Internal Inventory"

Comments: We are using this product to track and organize a couple hundred different consumable items. This helps us to maintain a minimum inventory, and be alerted when items run low. Our usages is very dependent on the current workload and project requirements, so some parts may sit for a while, but then get used up quickly on short notice.

Pros: Cost is very affordable compared to other products available. Flexibility to be smartphone and cloud based makes it accessible. Easy to setup and maintain.

Cons: Not easy to download/change/upload entire database.

• Reviewed on 04/05/2019
Deven P.
Deven P.
Partner
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 Employees

"A great product"

Pros: - ease of uploading pictures and adding instant tags for future reference
- Being able to create instant presentations to forward to clients. Great for speeding up sales process

Cons: - the software is missing an option for filtering items through multiple tags. Right now, we can select a single tag for filtering. More needs to be done on this front.

Melanie G.
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2019

"Sortly for a Dance Studio"

Pros: Sortly has enable my team to be able to access information about our costumes offsite. The search function is wonderful and makes locating items super easy.

Cons: Would be great to be able to create sub categories in the items so that we can log how many sizes of each costume there are. at the moment we type this manually in the notes.

Timothy C.
Supply/ Mainteance/ Janatorial Supperviser
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2018

"very helpful tool keeping track of stock and where it goes"

Pros: being able to transfer items from place to place and keeping track of them and making people accountable for the items (no lost inventory )

Cons: ONCE YOU LEARN THE SYSTEM its good but if you are not careful you can delete whole folders and have to scan a lot of items over

• Reviewed on 13/06/2018
Angel A.
Clinical Coordinator
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

"Sortly Review"

Pros: The most interesting thing about the app is the remainders when some product is running low.

Cons: I would like to delete the alerts once I use the list already. I have sent an email and I just got a generic answer.

Kelsey B.
Theatrical Design and Outside Sales
Construction, 11-50 Employees

"Adoption is key."

Comments: increasing visibility of sample inventory to outside sales team. we've not fully implemented yet, so we're still waiting to see what kind of difference it makes.

Pros: It's digital and trackable. We have multiple outside sales people who need access to sample inventory and may or may not be in the office to view what is on hand, so it allows them to see what as been checked out and who has the sample currently. Our previous system consisted of a paper sign out list that people didn't really use.

Cons: each user has to have individual accounts. it's taking a long time to get all of our inventory loaded into the app. Internally, we're working on adoption of new technology, and getting people to use it consistently, but that's not based on the app

Justin L.
service coordinator
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2021

"Keep Track of Construction Inventory"

Pros: Sortly makes it easy to track inventory so you know what is on hand at all times.

Cons: Printing the labels for the inventory could be more intuitive, there is a way to print multiple labels on one sheet but it is somewhat difficult to discover.

• Reviewed on 02/08/2021
Co-founder and Chief Reality Changer
Design, 2-10 Employees

"Easy Asset Tracking"

Pros: This program is easy to use and very functional. The phone app makes it very convenient to pull up an inventory or add items on the fly.

Cons: The cost can go up quickly if you have other members who want to access the inventory to view what is there.

Paula A.
Sales Manager
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2018

"I haven't had much experience with this yet, but seems confusing"

Pros: I like that you can load all of the items we need into the app. I'm still very confused how it all works though.

Cons: It seems like there would be an easier way to download all the items needs. I probably just need to have more use with it.

Katelyn H.
Personal assistant
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2018

"Its been extremely easy to use and helped keep track of all inventory and helped with a large move."

Pros: The labels, they helped with the move immensely. Kept everything organized and able to sort boxes quickly as well as unpack quickly.

Cons: Nothing, everything I have needed to use the software for has worked with ease and efficiency. Maybe the ability to edit the folders and move items more easily?

Stephanie G.
Operations Assistant
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2021

"Amazing Inventory Tracking"

Comments: I LOVE how Sortly can reflect exactly what my company specifically is looking for. It is a program with user ease in mind. The customer service support team is also spectacular and they are always able to answer any problems I may run into.

Pros: I love the ease of use, cost, and different functions of the program. It is so simple to customize how this program works.

Cons: I do not have any complaints about this software, rather of short comings. I wish the program was able to be imported into QuickBooks on the server based platform.

• Reviewed on 24/02/2021
Dallas C.
Dallas C.
Customer Support Specialist
Consumer Electronics
  • Reviewed on 05/06/2018

"Sortly Pro has been a great tool in transitioning from the old spreadsheet into the 21st century."

Comments: The ability to track inventory on the go, efficiently.

Pros: The ability to create custom fields and specify the metadata for said field. Quick to add/move/remove/edit items with quick actions. The tagging system is an efficient way to group products. You can easily track quantities and move and adjust as needed on the fly with simply an app on your phone. You get the intricacy of a spreadsheet with the user interface of an app. If you can add/edit/remove items on a social media profile, then you are savvy enough to create a basic inventory system in this platform.

Cons: With any startup, you're going to have growing pains. They are still perfecting the system. The silver lining is in their response to customer feedback. I don't know if I would call this a con, but
there is definitely something of a learning curve. For instance, to create a detailed, intricate inventory system, properly, is going to take some trial and error. There are features and ways to manipulate the app that aren't necessarily apparent. For instance, understanding it's best to keep 'Folders' to a minimum and instead use the tagging system to identify and classify items. We have our own struggles with managing inventory, but once you get a baseline established, in a normal inventory environment, maintenance shouldn't be too labor intensive.

Bridget W.
Bridget W.
Sporting Goods, 11-50 Employees

"Perfect For Our Team"

Comments: We continue to use Sortly Pro as our go to source for our inventory management. It has been a great tool for our business.

Pros: Sortly is VERY easy to use. Adjusting inventory is a breeze and immediately updates. Our team is spread across the US and can all access our current inventory at all times on the Sortly app.

Cons: At first, the app was not available on Android applications which affected our teams ease of use. Now it seems like Sortly has ironed out the flaws and is running seamlessly.

Benjamin B.
Cinematographer
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 04/02/2019

"Perfect for Camera Equipment"

Comments: Sortly pro has been great. I was in the process of designing my own custom app for tracking my equipment, but am glad I didn't go too far down that road before I discovered Sortly.

Pros: What I love about this software is how flexible it is... if pressed for time I can quickly snap some pictures of what I need to inventory, and come back later to fill in the details. Also, the custom fields really help me fit it into my own systems. Also, the more you use the software, the less time consuming it becomes because the information tends to be already input... now I mostly am just moving things around.

Cons: A lot of what I do is basically "Checking in" and "Checking out" equipment... making sure what SortlyPro says is in the case is actually still there... there's no simple solution for that... but I've worked out my own way of doing it. I also wish the "History" option worked better for what I do... would be nice to be able to easily see where a piece of equipment has been... but the current format for History is basically a very complicated list.

• Reviewed on 04/02/2019
Robert F.
IT Installation Tech
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2018

"The App was easy to use and helpful at first, but in the end it did not do everything needed."

Comments: I was able to get a pretty solid list of inventory and was able to manage it manually for a few weeks.

Pros: I liked that I was able to take pictures and scan the product into any folder. I liked that i was able to create as many folders as I needed.
I really liked the style and functionality of the app. It just didnt accomplish everything that my bosses needed.

Cons: I was not able to search through my items by quantity, I would like to know what I am out of so that I can restock what I do not have. It would be nice to be able to communicate with the other users on the account. I pay for Users, and it would be nice to be able to message them about specific items arriving, through the same app. Maybe a notification system of some sort. I also wish that it were easier to move items back and forth from folder to folder. It is not as user friendly as it should be when it comes to searching for the folder to move the item into. Specifically on the mobile app because when searching for the destination folder you have to click on just the arrows on the right hand side of the parent folder. Maybe implement a quick touch and a hold down action. It would also be nice to be able to receive boxes and deliveries and be able to sort them into specific folders automatically, based on what is scanned. So predetermined folders.

Kevin M.
Sales
Chemicals, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2019

"Easy to use for basic inventory needs"

Comments: Overall Sortly has solved some of our problems with inventory management but to implement it on a wider scale it would be impossible to use as is.

Pros: Ease of use, simple to add and delete inventory.

Cons: Not being able to sort part numbers within the app. I wish there was a text only option to scan through inventory items easily without having screen real estate taken up by product pictures. The general layout of information, part number, lot number, etc should be editable. Especially the order in which it appears on the app. Labeling needs some help. Being able to set a specific QR code per item and reprint that specific one would be a really nice feature for inventory management. Being able to use a standard label printer to make labels vs using a sheet and standard printer. Or make your own thermal printer to use Sortly branded labels with the app!

Audrey R.
Director of Marketing
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2020

"Get the Trial - All the Features but no commitment"

Comments: Sortly was very easy to use and they were also flexible with the trial timeline.

Pros: The trial was so easy to setup and had all of the features. I had it on my phone and an iPad for the trial. The interface is intuitive and simple. It would be great for operations trying to track simple inventory functions.

Cons: I did not really have any issues with the system. We were tying it to an existing platform so we were really going to have to rely on the exports, but it would have handled that.

Alternatives Considered: Clear Spider

• Reviewed on 22/09/2020
Natasha M.
Assistant Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2019

"Excellent resource for small business!"

Comments: As a small non-profit business, our inventory changes rapidly and comes from a large variety of vendors. Having the ability to add a vendor name helps us to find items and know where we can reorder more from.

Pros: I love having the ability to scan a bar code and get the information about a product, then add that info into our data at the click of a button. Also having the ability to scan a code or search a word to find items in the data base, which prevents dual entry.

Cons: Just wish there were more items that had all the data already in the system. I assume this will increase with time. Our inventory changes rapidly so having to add all the data for a vast majority of items is quite time consuming.

Kiley A.
Youth Program Coordinator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

"SAIL Loan Closet"

Comments: The Customer Service has been immensely helpful to us in understanding how the app can be used to best suit the needs of our specific Loan Closet project. We had been doing things in a roundabout way and the Customer Service team was quick and kind to point out a better way to use the app.

Pros: Super fast and easy to inventory new items due to how intuitive the set up is. It has been very easy to teach other people in our office how to use the system! We can also see the exportable CSV files being a favorite feature for monthly/yearly reports in the months to come.

Cons: Twice we lost several entries/data due to updates or system errors. We were unable to recover that data which was frustrating.

Sam G.
Fuel Tech/ IT
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2018

"After 20+ years of using an outdated inventory system it was a relief to find the Sortly App."

Pros: Everything is set up and easy to use, the interface is straight forward and I was able to get straight to work within minutes. If you have a small business and are ready to get out of old ways of inventory I highly suggest Sortly.

Cons: The hashtag search feature can be a hold up sometimes when doing so many numbers with same tag. I wish there was a way to add a hashtag across an entire album instead of inputting the menu with every number. Also I noticed as inventory builds I have to refresh screen more often as some numbers would become unavailable unless I refresh the screen..

• Reviewed on 08/06/2018
Nicholas R.
Ceo
Photography, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2019

"Softly ftw"

Pros: We were able to quickly inventory our whole studio

Cons: I wish there were more label formats. We had to make our own smaller labels.

• Reviewed on 24/01/2019
Anthony L.
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2018

"great user interface. Intuitive, and great customer services"

Pros: I like how it is user friendly, and an excellent organizational tool. I love that I can customize it to my organization. And I think the mobile app is excellent.

Cons: I wish there were better search options, and I wish I could capture items directly from the internet and add them to the software (like Pinterest's website browser button). Additionally, I feel like the visual graphics could be improved

Alex L.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 05/06/2018

"It does the job, still need to fine tune some features but not bad."

Pros: I like that there is a web and mobile app version of it. It's great to be able to take a photo of the item and then add it to the site.

Cons: i wish the photos can be rotated and moved around in the interface. The Add Items and add folders are not as intuitive as i like. sometimes they get mixed up when clicking