• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.2 /5

About Sortly

The industry's simplest (mobile friendly) Inventory and asset tracking system. Trusted by 1000's of businesses. Get it for free today!

Learn more about Sortly

Ali J.
Home Stager
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2019

"Great platform, but still needs work"

Comments: I am a home stager and after trying several other inventory platforms, Sortly Pro was my favorite. I am frustrated with some basic features that it lacks, but overall, it does what I need.

Pros: I love that it is simple, user-friendly, and very ascetically easy to use.

Cons: There have been several simple updates that I have requested to customer service. I think for a program specifically designed to track inventory, specifically inventory that moves from location to location or customer to customer, then all inventory should have a 'home' or 'original destination' file so that when it is done at a location or customer then you simply click 'home' and them item goes back to it's original file. For example, I have upwards of 20-30 items that go to a client at one time. When they get returned to my inventory, I have to manually send them back to their original folder one by one. Yes, I can do bulk move, but I have nearly 100 'original destination' folders because all my inventory is categorized in folders. So I have to move the sofas to the 'sofas' folder and the lamps to the 'lamps' folder etc. I would like to be able to 'bulk select' and 'move to home folder'. Also, the option to drag items from one folder to the menu on the left would also help expedite daily actions.

Business Manager
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2019

"Great for small business inventory"

Comments: We have an enormous amount of holiday inventory that we needed to keep track of with pictures. We use Sortly to help us keep track of what we use each season, which assists us greatly in purchasing of new product for the following season. It also helped immensely to track what items we had sold out of, so we were never in an oversold situation with our customers.

Pros: Having both the desktop and mobile versions was great. Easy to use, very intuitive and self-explanatory. Allows you to make it as complex or as simple as you need it to be.

Cons: Some small glitches, but those were easily fixed with updates.

• Reviewed on 29/01/2019
IT Manager
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2019

"Great product for what we need"

Comments: Great experience. Easy to setup, print labels, tag, and track. We know who has what, when. I have recommended this to others as well.

Pros: Being able to asset track our equipment. We know who has what or what they have checked out quickly and easily.

Cons: I do wish they had the ability to attach multiple assets to a single user without have to set it on each item.

Gregory C.
logistics Manager
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2018

"very easy and intuitive at the same time."

Pros: this software is easy and quick when dealing with inventory. I like how everything is set up and ease of finding my folders and subfolders. I also like how you can use the excel import to also add the items.

Cons: wat I lease like is if I use a desk top/laptop, adjusting inventory is a little bit different than if I were to use my smart phone. using a laptop I can not adjust the qty of items I want to move it moves all of them; compared to the smart phone it gives me the opportunity to enter my amount that I want to move. also I wish there was a way to adjust the inventory with the excel import. it makes it a lot easier when dealing with large amounts inventory. I wish the excel import would allow to merge the items together instead of making a whole new item. it would be nice if the excel import could also minus the inventory.

• Reviewed on 08/06/2018
Anesthesiologist
Consumer Goods, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2019

"Great for on-the-Go inventory management"

Comments: On the whole, my experience with Sortly Pri has been very good.

Pros: As a direct seller with a fair amount of inventory, I love being able to show my customers my product and know if I have any in stock.

Cons: This would be a nearly perfect inventory solution for me if Sortly Pro tied into Square or I could invoice from Sortly Pro

Dusty S.
General Manager
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2019

"By Far the Best Value and Product"

Comments: We Love It!!!!

Pros: Pictures say it all. Every item has a picture so they are very easily identifiable. You can take the pictures yourself or find other sources to upload from. The ability to use Sortly on all mobile devices is perfect for what we do.
The best app on the market for inventory.

Cons: Will not sync with QBO yet. I hear it's coming though.
I would like to have the exact same items in different categories carrying the same balance. If I have widget under supplies and the same widgit under tools, I want the inventory to change in each category when pulled from either.

Seema A.
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2018

"I love this software, and I am looking forward to have a more complete offering of feature"

Pros: Pro is easy to use. The search feature (when it is working) is fantastic. I also like its customizable features.

Cons: Since its launch, there have been many bugs, which has made it hard to train the other users since the addition of multiple features and fixing of bugs as been ongoing.

Account Coordinator
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2019

"Love Sortly"

Pros: The ease of use of this software is the best part. With features that make it easy to see what inventory you have where, it is the best platform that I have found for my small business.

Cons: I have no complaints thus far - everything has been great.

• Reviewed on 21/01/2019
Dan V.
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2018

"Very well made - Great for basic and flexible inventory needs."

Pros: This software works extremely well, the structure of it is brilliant. I love how it integrates with dropbox and creates a filing hierchy.

Cons: I don't like that they introduced the pro, and started charging, but they need to make money some how :)

• Reviewed on 24/07/2018
Vincent B.
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2019

"Good start, with some feature improvements will be great"

Comments: Better than excel, please improve to change quantity settings gloabally to stop email.
And how many per box as well,
One product across multiple sites would be a useful feature.

Pros: Better than an excel sheet, has helped the process of organizing

Cons: Need to have a list of items need to order
Need notification pop up for low stock
Need to have more standard forms for quantanty and cost.
How many per box, price per box, or per unit, shipping cost, link or compayn info tomreorder

James K.
Operations Manager
Farming, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2019

"An excellent and simple app to manage inventory."

Comments: Overall, I'm extremely happy with the software. Its created efficiency within my business and has saved me a lot of money on part runs for items that we already had in inventory. I would highly recommend this software.

Pros: What I like most about the app is how simple it is to use and categorize product. As a small business owner, I was having a tough time trying to find an inventory program that fit out business needs. Once I found Sortly Pro, it streamlined our business and created efficiencies company wide.

Cons: The only negative I have experienced is with the lack of instant notifications. I wish it notified the administrator or owner when specific items are pulled from inventory. A suggestion would be to include this as an option when entering inventory into the system.

Joey T.
Upstream Process Development Engineer II
Biotechnology, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2019

"Nice tool to keep track of inventory"

Comments: Overall, it is a good tool to maintain inventory. However, we have had encountered some minor bugs.

Pros: Sortly would send notification if inventory is below a pre-set amount.

Cons: Sortly requires users to click on descriptions. Users often click the icons instead of the descriptions.

• Reviewed on 02/02/2019
Kevin A.
IT Infrastructure Manager
Building Materials, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Easy and Aforadable"

Comments: we run a small hvac company and this tool has helped us reduce our spending by allowing our project managers to see what we have on sight that may have been returned from other jobs and prevents us from over ordering. it also allows team members the ability to see what we have on and at a moments notice. this has been a great fit for our company

Pros: Sorry Pro was very easy to setup and to use. I was easily able to add items keep them categorized for easy searches

Cons: for the purpose we are using this i have not found any cons yet. I am still looking

Brandon B.
Vice President
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2018

"it works well, syncing can be an issue at times but overall good product"

Pros: easy to use. simple scan codes for inventory tracking. Can use it across all my devices, iphone, iPad, and Mac to always be up to date.

Cons: syncing can sometimes be an issue. obviously with an inventory tracker a difference of even one can make a difference. it has got better, especially after going to the pro version.

Miguel S.
Drone Technician
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2019

"An active user's true review"

Comments: We were a start up company 3yrs ago and grew quite a bit since then. We had a mess of items that needed organization. In a matter of a few days, I had a 3yr mess sorted and organized. I've received high praising from managers and bosses alike for changing the companies dynamic so drastically. Sortly helped me help myself to a standardize organization I could only imagine were possible.

Pros: The ability to export chosen folders/files. This was huge!

Cons: It would be nice if sortly had a "location" section for a even more descriptive stock experience.

• Reviewed on 30/01/2019
Andrea W.
Owner and Founder
  • Reviewed on 16/06/2018

"Best solution for inventory tracking using a photo and tagging using custom fields."

Pros: Ability to print and share inventory list. Ability to create custom fields. Ability to associate photos. Makes tracking unique items easier.

Cons: Printing doesn't include custom fields negating the value of this feature. File hierarchy isn't easy to manipulate when inventory items need to be moved around. Could be made easier and less clunky. Need ability to delete, hide, or reorder fields. Great tool for managing furniture for a move, art inventory, or anything that needs to be reviewed by a third party and tagged. Would like if App vs desktop version more similar. Would like ability to sort by a tag. Not sure the scan and QR code is relevant to my needs as a professional organizer. Seems more useful for someone with actual inventory (mulitples of the same item) vs a home owner with lots of unique items.

• Reviewed on 16/06/2018
Anna D.
Show Home Design Coordinator
Design, 51-200 Employees

"Sortly Pro's Review"

Comments: We are tracking inventory of furniture and accessories for a staging and design business. It works very well for what we need it for.

Pros: It is very straightforward and easy to use.

Cons: There is not as many features as some of the other inventory applications but it works for what I need it for.

Jonnathan R.
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2019

"Great service with friendly UI"

Comments: IT's great, they are very helpful via email. The ipHone app is great, and so is the web app. Very responsive, and newbie friendly.

Pros: I love the friendly UI, it is really easy to use.

Cons: There's some missing inventory features that are missing, but I am sure will be added in the future.

Andrew S.
Engineer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2020

"How do they get the reviews? Its like they have never tried to manage inventory"

Comments: Inventory management (well, labeling of inventory to be specific)

Pros: The marketing and labels look good - but that is about it.

Cons: The design of the software is a big time suck - after two months of the $120/month fees, my opinion is that its hard to understand how justify the use of this software. It takes way to much time due to the way that it is designed. In my opinion this business has the hall marks of an MBA from silicon valley that is not intimately familiar with the problem they are trying to solve. All the hooks to get you in (and make them lots of money) but none of the features that make you think, wow, that was money well spent, saved me loads of time. Turns out there is a super simple solution to the problem that sortly tries to solve and it doesn't involve a subscription. The main down side is that you don't get the phone app bar code scanner but you do save yourself days creating the labels how you need them. Try lable LIVE pared with your favourite barcode scanner to excel app and you will be further ahead.

by Sortly on 30/04/2020

Hi Andrew. We are very sorry our product fell short of your expectations. Thank you for the feedback as it is helpful for our team's efforts to improve the product and better serve our future and existing customers.

• Reviewed on 25/04/2020
Vice President of Project Management
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/06/2018

"Works great for simple inventory tracking."

Comments: 100% tracking of our inventory with barcode scanning from cell phone and cost/price separation.

Pros: I like that this supports multi device use, barcode scanning from cell phone and price/cost separation.

Cons: sometimes inventory can give a false number or not fully updated information about a product on a different device than scanned and input from.

• Reviewed on 05/06/2018
Ger M.
consultant
Events Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2019

"Used in an event companies warehouse"

Comments: great.

Pros: Completed changed and improved how we track a myriad of items we use at events. Our office staff can how see everything in our warehouse and its exact location.

Cons: No calendar ability to saee where an item will be on a future date.

Dianne L.
Management Information Systems Manager
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2019

"Sortly Pro for IT Inventory"

Comments: We are populating the inventory as we go. So far it seems pretty good.

Pros: The ability to take a scan of the bar code on most items is very helpful. It helps capture the serial number which in turn helps us track when the item was purchased. The ability to take a picture of the item is helpful in case of inventory claims and just so we know what we are looking for.

Cons: It would be great if there was more of tutorial that shows how to use it. For example, we have populated the Items, then assigned them to User folders so that we can track where the items are. We have set up Tags so that we can report on how many of a particular item we have. We have sort of fumbled around figuring all of this out. There may be a much easier way to accomplish what we need, but we don't know what it is due to the lack of training.

Anthony M.
Sr Systems Administrator
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2019

"REAL DEAL VALUE INVENTORY"

Pros: LOVE how simply it is and the cost isn't a huge burden!

Cons: Nothing, this great! Can't find any complaints!

Andrew M.
Managing Director
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2019

"demo stock management SortlyPro"

Comments: Would be useful to know product enhancements and timelines of enhancement for planning future usage chnages

Pros: Easy to use and costs effective. Seamless operation on web interface or iOS App

Cons: Lack of flexibility to control access level to changes at different folder/item levels.

• Reviewed on 20/01/2019
Stephanie G.
Operations Assistant
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2021

"Amazing Inventory Tracking"

Comments: I LOVE how Sortly can reflect exactly what my company specifically is looking for. It is a program with user ease in mind. The customer service support team is also spectacular and they are always able to answer any problems I may run into.

Pros: I love the ease of use, cost, and different functions of the program. It is so simple to customize how this program works.

Cons: I do not have any complaints about this software, rather of short comings. I wish the program was able to be imported into QuickBooks on the server based platform.

• Reviewed on 24/02/2021