FreshCheq

FreshCheq Reviews

by FreshCheq

Keeps your food fresh and in check

Reviewed on 24/01/2019
Daniel K.
Shift Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We use this at moes and it makes taking or temps a breeze I reccomend to any buisness required to log there temps

Pros: It allows me to add my temps through my phone we used to do paper but as time evolves so does technology

Cons: The time frames for each temp log. If you miss it you miss it bo going back later to correct

by FreshCheq on 29/03/2019

Daniel,

Thank you so much for your review. We are excited to be working on even more functionality. Please keep the comments coming. Our customers are what help us continue to evolve FreshCheq!

Great Product

Reviewed on 04/04/2019
Missy M.
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: One major problem we have solved with FreshCheq is that our food temps and logs are getting done on a daily basis consistently.

Pros: I am so glad that I purchased this software. It is very easy to use and set up. I think it is a great value for what you get. They are always updating the software to make it easier for your operation. We use it for our food logs and also for check list and closing responsibilities. Its great when your food inspector comes in and you have all your temp logs all in one place, and can quickly access it for them. It is also a great resource for accountability for your team members. I like the app that they just created. You can also know take photos.

Cons: There isn't anything that we don't like about FreshCheq

Missy,

Thank you for your review. So happy you see the value in FreshCheq and that you are elevating a culture of food safety in your restaurants. FreshCheq will be attending the Pizza Ranch summer meeting. If you are attending, please stop by so we can share with you some new features.

Jim

Save paper, and time by using FreshCheq

Reviewed on 03/04/2019
Tesla B.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: FreshCheq has helped make sure that we stay organized and current with taking daily temperatures.

Pros: It's user friendly. No mess of paper, records daily, weekly and monthly data. Able to communicate via text, email if a task needs or wasn't completed.

Cons: It would be nice to have a feature where you could click and drag an item into a spot instead of using up and down arrows. It's alittle time consuming.

by FreshCheq on 04/04/2019

Tesla,

Thank you for the awesome review. We love getting great feedback from our customers. Please contact us to better understand your request. We have a significant amount of development in process over the next few months and we are excited to continuously make a difference in how you run your business.

Jim

A product in development that doesn't need extra hardware, but requires some patience.

Reviewed on 02/04/2019
Franchise Partner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Two years use in a multi-location restaurant franchise.

Pros: It doesn't require anything special in the way of hardware to work. You can use any cell phone, tablet or computer. Some other temperature checking services require you to purchase proprietary thermometers etc for them to work. It doesn't take long to teach others how to use the product. It is fairly rudimentary in its interface.

Cons: This product is unfinished. It doesn't allow for on-the-fly changes to how it is used or the order in which it is used. Reporting is often faulty- it will show you that the process is not complete when it is. Dependent on the quality of internet access versus being a true standalone product.

by FreshCheq on 17/04/2019

Thank you for your thorough review. We would appreciate the opportunity to work through the challenges you are having. We can set up a review of updates we have made, how you are using FreshCheq and set up training for you and your team. Please contact us at 1-855-581-7747, or [email protected] We want to ensure your success.

Restaurant

Reviewed on 03/04/2019
Spencer G.
Owner/GM
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It’s really nice and fast. We used to have to do it all by paper and this is more convienant

Pros: No paper trail, allows multiple ppl to use it, can look up how many you have missed

Cons: Need to go on a computer to see what days you have missed. Hard to read it on the phone.
If you type in the wrong temp you can’t go back and change it

by FreshCheq on 04/04/2019

Spencer,

Thank you. We have added some functionality that will allow you to go back and make a change if you made a mistake on a temperature. Please contact us and we will walk you through the process.

Also, we are working on some other functionality we would like to show you. Please come see us at the Pizza Ranch Summer meeting. I am sure you will be impressed.

Safety is our Security

Reviewed on 09/04/2019
Chris A.
Profitability Project Manager
Food & Beverages, 5,001-10,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The customer service is top notch. Very responsive and willing to go above and beyond to help our business not only stay safe but optimize our operations efficiency.

Pros: This software is very easy to use and the dashboards for reporting are quite functional and great for comparing with multi units.

Cons: There is nothing I don't like about the software.

by FreshCheq on 11/04/2019

Chris,

Thank you for the awesome review. We will be at the summer meeting and have some new features to introduce. Please stop by.

Jim

Great product, great value, great service!

Reviewed on 15/04/2019
Kristin A.
Operating Partner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: FreshCheq has been a great addition to our restaurant. It keeps all of my managers focused on food safety and makes it quick and simple to make food safety a priority.

Pros: FreshCheq has helped us stay consistent with our temperature logs and food safety. Since starting to use FreshCheq we have not missed a single temperature issue on our food safety evaluations.

Cons: The new app solved all of the issues we had. The new app makes using FreshCheq even more simple.

Kristin,

Thank you for the awesome review. FYI, FreshCheq will be at the Pizza Ranch summer meeting. Please stop by so we can introduce you to some new features.

Reviewed on 16/04/2019
Adam L.
GM
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We use it for food quality line checks. Easily able to go from product to product cuts down on time vs. other platforms that malfunction or take time processing.

Pros: The app is relatively easy to use to perform each task.

Cons: Needing to put a PIN to perform each of the tasks involved. Once signed in, it would make sense to be able to navigate from task to task without needing to re-enter a PIN.

Adam,

Thank you for your review. Please give us a call, 1-855-581-7747. The PIN is there so multiple user can use the same tablet in the restaurant. However, if this is creating a problem and you assign the task to one employee or compete the task yourself, we can show you how to turn the PIN off for convenience.

awsome

Reviewed on 11/04/2019
Mike M.
ownter
Restaurants, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: great

Pros: i love the daily reporting. and notifications

Cons: i really don't have any it meets all my needs

by FreshCheq on 12/04/2019

Mike,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business. We look forward to bringing Pizza Ranch and Moe's new development in the near future!

Ease of service

Reviewed on 09/04/2019
Assistant GM
Restaurants, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It has been a very good experience and we hope it only gets better.

Pros: The software is very user friendly and easy to operate on a multiple occasions throughout the day.

Cons: The compatibility and adaptability to other forms and software.

by FreshCheq on 17/04/2019

Thank you for your review. Please contact us to better understand your request about compatibility. 1-855-581-7747 or at [email protected]

We truly want to understand if there is a solution in place or if there is an opportunity to add functionality to our product development pipeline.

Jim

Very Self explanatory, puts you in to a routine with daily checks rather quickly.

Reviewed on 01/03/2018
Vanessa G.
Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: it makes me accountable to my daily routine, and the necessary tools needed to run an efficient operation.

Pros: This program is a great addition to our team. It saves greatly on amount of paperwork that we used on a daily basis. It gives you all your resources and tools right in the palm of your hand. Very quickly to catch on, and become a tool, part of daily routine.

Cons: The only thing I wish I had more control over, is access to tweak features, or make necessary changes according to my store.

by FreshCheq on 05/03/2018

Thank you for your review, Vanessa! Each store has the control to customize their logs and reports, unless otherwise stipulated by your store owner or the franchise. I recommend discussing your proposed log changes with your owner, who has permissions to make the changes.

So far we have had nothing but a great experience with Fresh Cheq. It is super easy to use.

Tyler H.
Executive Chef
Food & Beverages, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It's a great way to record temperatures for safe food handling!!!

Pros: The ease of use is probably the best quality. It is super simple to record the temperatures, and also to change the things being temped when you need to. For a restaurant like ours that changes the menu every few weeks, this is very hellpful.

Cons: Really the only thing I don't like is that once you type in a temperature there is not a way to go back and change a temperature once recorded. When you have a perfect streak going, it's really sad when you accidentally hit a number a get a failing score for a 14 degree temp, when you meant to type in 144!

by FreshCheq on 26/02/2018

Hi Tyler, thank you for your review. The platform does not allow temps to be changed so that there is a higher level of accountability. But, we don't want you to lose your streaks, so if you type in a temp in error, just reach out to me and I will correct it so that your streak stays intact!

Freshcheq review

Reviewed on 13/11/2018
Assistant General Manager
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall it is a decent system and easy to use which means it makes it easy to train new team members on how to use the system

Pros: It is easy to use, and saves money on paper and toner.

Cons: Server tends to run slow at peak hours, would also be nice if we were able to set up reoccurring alerts to remind us to do start Freshcheq not just when we miss doing Freshcheq.

by FreshCheq on 14/11/2018

Thanks for your review.
FreshCheq currently has the capability to remind when logs are upcoming. Contact me and I am happy to show you how to set it up

Overall, using FreshCheq has been a positive experience and convenient addition to our business.

Justin E.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It has eliminated all food safety log paperwork. Employees are now excited to use the tablet to do safety logs, rather than bummed about writing it down. Very convenient.

Pros: Eliminates all paper records.
Sends text message reminders to users.
Easy to configure to fit your business.
Multiple reports to break down check/log usage.
Portable functionality when used on a tablet.
Has a log streak feature to compete with other businesses.
Customer support is fast and reliable.

Cons: No app as of yet, so you have to use the web page. This can be troublesome on a tablet.
Requires internet access.

by FreshCheq on 26/02/2018

Thank you for your feedback!

We love FeshCheq!

Kirsten P.
Customer Support

Pros: FreshCheq is very easy to use and has been a huge help to get our temp logs more consistent. I love that it will send you a reminder text before you are about to miss a log. That helps ensure that they get done and are not forgotten about

Cons: If we close due to weather or a holiday, we have to manually turn every log off for the day and then go back and turn them on for the next week. Would be nice if there was an easier way to do that.

Hi Kirsten,
We are working on an easier way to close your logs for the day. We are rolling out some new features next month that I am confident you will be pleased with. Thank you for your review.

Saves time and paper

Reviewed on 13/09/2018
Chad H.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: This is a very effective way to report temps and inspect the restaurant throughout the day. It is efficient in comparison to pen and paper. Saves printing copies daily which saves ink and paper.

Cons: Corrections should be allowed at the end of the questionnaire. It would be nice if there was a list of fails at the end instead for having to do them individually as many products may have been in the same conditions.

by FreshCheq on 13/09/2018

Thank you, Chad, for your feedback and we are thrilled to be a Buffalo Wild Wings partner.

It's a great tool.

Reviewed on 23/02/2018
Cathy F.
shift manager
Customer Support

Pros: I like that I can just carry around my phone while I take temps instead of having to take a big notebook and pencil around to write them down.

Cons: My fat fingers will sometimes hit a wrong key and if I don't see it before I hit the enter button I can't change it.

by FreshCheq on 26/02/2018

Hi Cathy, Thanks for taking the time to review FreshCheq. I am so pleased that it are finding it to be helpful. I can relate to hitting the incorrect buttons and one solution is to transition to a tablet to make this easier. We appreciate your business and feedback.
-Julie

This product has been great

Reviewed on 28/11/2017
Rich A.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It has simplified food safety for my staff and they are more willing to take time to complete the logs,

Cons: Would like to see a one touch button for when you are closed for holidays, weather or any other reason we are closed to shut off the log text warnings.

by FreshCheq on 06/12/2017

Thank you for taking time to review FreshCheq. We are so glad that you love it and that it makes your job easier and your restaurants safer. We are developing a simpler way to deactivate alerts for unexpected closings. We will keep you posted. Thanks for your business!

useful for accountability.

Reviewed on 26/02/2018
Callie B.
GM
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: making sure i am able to hold my managers accountable for what temps they are recording and making sure they are checking each item.

Pros: I love how organized it keeps us. both with making sure they are getting done but also accountability so they are true numbers. being able to see exactly who did what check at what time helps us be more accurate.

Cons: it is clunky on tablets. Especially when setting up lists and what order you would like to view items. Also hard to pull items off your list. we have LTOs that are constantly moving and getting any line check changed is a hassle.

by FreshCheq on 27/02/2018

Thank you, Callie, for your review!

It is very easy to use when I'm at work.

Reviewed on 01/03/2018
Liddia B.
Shift leader
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Organizational skills, getting the crew to understand business, keeping everything for records, and able to keep things in one place to find it easier.

Pros: It helps my company stay organized and helps us keep up with inventory and task that need to be completed.

Cons: Sometimes it has a mind of its own and starts glitching and putting stuff that I didn't put. And I wish it had some way of notifying you on when it's time to do something on your to-do list.

by FreshCheq on 05/03/2018

Thank you for your review, Liddia. FreshCheq does have a text alert feature that will alert you when a checklist or log is due. Please speak with your manager or owner and request that you receive text alerts.

Easy to use

Reviewed on 21/03/2019
Nancy M.
Mgr
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Better than paper logs and it is quick and easy to use

Cons: There nothing that i dont like about this

by FreshCheq on 29/03/2019

Nancy,

Thank you. I don't think we could ask for more. We are always open to your opinion and thoughts. look for more functionality in the near future.

Review

Reviewed on 04/04/2019
Ryan W.
Food & Beverages, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: its great no problems

Pros: Simplicity... Also its very easy for staff to use and the txt updates for managers are great

Cons: sometimes when we are closed the app doesn't know that so it or if its a snow day we cant stop temps from going on the app.

by FreshCheq on 08/04/2019

Ryan,

Thank you for the awesome review. We will be at the summer meting and hope you will come by our booth. We will have some new features to talk about.

Jim

Easy to set and easy to use

Missy M.
Food & Beverages, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I don't have to worry about losing a paper copy of our food temps. The food inspector loves to come in and just grab the computer and look at our reports.

Pros: I work with teenagers and I like that it is easy for them to use. I like getting the notifications when I am not at work.

Cons: I can't upload a photo to use as an example of what I would like done. Also it won't let you do your measurements without having to refresh the page every time.

by FreshCheq on 26/02/2018

Hi Missy, thank you for your feedback. You should not have to refresh the page every time, so I will reach out to you personally to help solve that issue.

FreshCheq has made our operation run smoother!

Reviewed on 08/12/2017
Preston P.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: the benefit comes from making sure that my store operates safely and at the highest level of profitibility

Pros: Tailoring it to our store needs! Helps the entire team more accountable in ensuring that our store is functioning the way it needs to be.

Cons: It would be nice to have an alerting program to remind of times becoming due. that way our staff could be held more accountable

by FreshCheq on 12/12/2017

Hi Preston,
We are so glad that FreshCheq is helping your store. FreshCheq has both an email and text alert feature built in. I will contact you directly to help you set it up.
We appreciate your business.
-Julie

Great website and app. Easy to use

Reviewed on 26/02/2018
Brandon M.
Assistant General Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Easy to use and track for daily use. Breaks down errors and can be used for seeing trends throughout the business

Pros: Easy to use and understand. Adminstration side is user friendly also. I've never had any problems with this product. Customer service is great if you do happen to have a problem

by FreshCheq on 27/02/2018

Thank you for your review, Brandon! We are thrilled to have you as a FreshCheq customer.