• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.7 /5
    4.4 /5

About Canva

Design and publish anything in a few clicks. From brochure to video, access thousands of templates, images, videos, and more for free.

Learn more about Canva

Showing 9,428 reviews

Charity W.
Realtor
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2021

"User Friendly Design Software For Individuals And Small Businesses"

Comments: Canva is user-friendly and affordable. It has made creating designs easy and fast. Designing marketing materials for both our offline and online audiences now costs less and doesn't consume much time.
The pros for this product outweigh the cons, I would therefore recommend this software to anyone who isn’t an expert on graphic design and still needs to create appealing and professional-looking materials without spending too much time or money.
It is ideal for small businesses.

Pros: Canva is affordable and easy to use which makes it ideal for most of our marketing personnel who have little graphic design experience. We do a lot of brochures, flyers, create ads, and social media graphics for our properties. Creating content for the various social media platforms has never been easier.
It has thousands of high-quality templates to use in designs for almost any occasion which are easy to customize. It also allows one to upload their own images to use on the platform.
The platform supports various file formats which makes it easy to work with for the team.
It stores the designs for future use and we can download them into different devices to use elsewhere, for instance, post as a status or part of the catalog on the Whatsapp platform.
The availability of tutorials and designing courses makes it easy to use and learn new things.
The availability of a mobile version of the software is a huge plus. Creating designs while on the move is amazing. Our team doesn’t have to wait to get back to the office to create a poster or social media post for that amazing property that they want to take online immediately.

Cons: The software has limited photo editing functions and a lot of features like resizing images are locked in the premium version. It is also not flexible enough for an expert designer who wishes to create designs from scratch.
Whereas there are thousands of templates to use on the platform, a lot of designs lack uniqueness as popular designs are used by a lot of businesses.
They can do better on the customer service. The ease of reaching the support team and the response time to concerns raised should be looked into.

• Reviewed on 30/04/2021
Ali K.
Information Technology Adviser
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2021

"A professional online tool for editing photos and generating visual content"

Comments: One of the best platforms for managing and editing images under the cloud is that you can easily generate visual content for the websites or social media along the way. Very simple and smartly designed. Provides you with everything you need to edit photos and make changes and add text or create visual content on a web platform. The subscription price is also very small and reasonable.

Pros: Ready-made templates and sizes are great for social media pages. I create new content every day to generate content and create a new story or post for Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter through Canva. It has never been so easy and fast for me to produce content. The dashboard is very simple and functional on the web, as well as a very professional mobile application. Saving files on the cloud and exporting them to any format is very useful, and I also love the ability to create gifs and animated videos.

Cons: When editing images through the browser, sometimes some sections do not work well, and if the page is zoomed with the browser, most times it can not be returned to the previous state and the page must be refreshed. Also, the app for the iOS version on the iPad could have had more professional features and is still very beginner and is exactly like the web browser version. But in general, everything in this platform is satisfactory and only these minor issues should be resolved.

• Reviewed on 19/02/2021
Jeffrey B.
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/03/2021

"Canva - One of the OGs in the online graphics editor field"

Comments: Canva is a free (and effective) online graphic design tool that allows you to create all sorts of designs: banners, social media graphics, blog headers, presentations, and more. While it may be beneficial to have familiarity with design software like Photoshop, Canva can be used by everyone, since it has a very low learning curve and makes it simple to create designs of any kind.

Pros: We all know that having attractive images for social media sites and blogs can be difficult and time-consuming. Canva is an online graphic design tool that makes it easy to create professional-looking graphics with just a few clicks of the mouse. It has a very low learning curve to help you get started quickly. A huge pro to canva is the templates. This can speed up your design workflow no matter your skill level.

Cons: The biggest drawback to canva is also its strength: its simplicity. If you are used to things like affinity designer or adobe photoshop/ adobe illustrator, canva can seem a little too simplistic and limited. But for the majority of people, it is a great tool.

• Reviewed on 09/03/2021
Ondrej Š.
Medical Devices, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2021

"Incredibly useful tool for everything related to quick graphical output for social media"

Comments: Canva feels like you took all the most used tools from Illustrator or CorelDraw, cut them down to basics, make them easy to use, combine it with some simple video editing features and add tons of templates and all the exporting options you could need. I create mainly content for social media and simple print flyers for our company and it does the job absolutely great. Of course you have to keep in mind that for more complex projects you should use more complex software, but for anything quick and simple this tool is ideal. When you use or get inspired by templates, it can make your graphical stuff look professional without much effort.

Pros: It is incredibly easy to use when you need to do something quick and you don't want to use more complex tools like CorelDraw/Adobe products. It has tons of templates which you can use directly or can be used for inspiration for your own stuff. What I like the most that you have already recommended sizes of different posts for social and print media, which are predefined. You can quickly switch between different sizes and adjustments are super easy. I also like that I can work with video and decently animate pictures. All the tools which you would probably need for simple and medium complex projects not only for social media. Also, the smartphone app is really useful, for some minor operations when you are on the go.

Cons: As far as I know, there is nothing I could complain about. It has everything I need for quick creation. It is not usual that you can find a tool which really does everything you would expect.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2021
Aymane H.
review
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/03/2021

""best website to easy design""

Comments: Canva is excessively acceptable. It is a one-stop answer for me. Regardless of whether I need to make content for online media stages or my web journals, I generally use Canva. As a result of its effortlessness, I could never consider any elective choices of Canva. We have been utilizing Canva generally for introductions, online media substance, and logo planning. Our transition to Canva has enormously diminished the expenses and time we spent on standard planning programming and recruiting specialists. In spite of the fact that Canva is an astounding application with regards to instant planning, there are as yet numerous restrictions that we feel will be dealt with later on. Other than video altering, introductions, and some other inaccessible choices, I wouldn't anticipate that you should have the option to deal with a plan, print, and advertising position either on the grounds that that is not what you do." to put it plainly, stick to what you know and leave the rest to experts. It will cost you less over the long haul. The membership cost is likewise little and sensible.

Pros: My experience on the Design portion of Canvas has consistently been excellent and I have been utilizing it for quite a while. Straightforward, fast, and simple to utilize tools.it s truly incredible, functional, pleasant plans, the excellent incentive for cash. amazing help, both regarding the plan and their print shop. I requested cards and shirts, both followed through on schedule. Taking a gander at different surveys, I additionally need to say that I never expected to call their after-deals administration, yet one of my clients was not content with the nature of the hello cards, and Canva offered them to her. re-imprinted on more excellent paper and she just needed to pay the distinction. I made a logo which I at that point printed as a business card and card I got all more than four days and of excellent quality, I prescribe it to any individual who needs to figure out how to construct their picture. Similarly, as with a game, the more hours you spend there, the more you will test. To put it plainly, I suggest with shut eyes

Cons: I take a gander at the following information and they will not be here until MONDAY. It can get laggy and moderate when you're assembling your plan. M envisioning the site has a lot of segments to deal with, yet here and there the slacking is deplorable and wasteful. was utilizing the free preliminary and made an introduction. I invested a ton of energy and exertion on this introduction. A couple of hours in the wake of making alters to it, the application would show a clear screen or give a blunder at whatever point I attempted to open it, download it, or make a duplicate (both on my telephone and on the entirety of the gadgets and programs I attempted). I connected with client care about this matter on Sunday night. It is currently Wednesday evening and nothing has been finished. They continue to give me the very conventional messages that they're chipping away at it and will tell me when it's fixed. I inquired as to whether they could in any event give me a pdf duplicate of my introduction so I can move it to PowerPoint and keep dealing with it, they won't ever reach.

• Reviewed on 17/03/2021
Isabela S.
Affiliate Salesperson
Apparel & Fashion, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2021

"Canva, the most practical solution for creating and editing your designs"

Comments: I have been using Canva for several years. As I said, it has always been a very important tool for the execution of my work, although I do not work directly with Graphic Design. Over the years, I can say that my design skills have even been improved, because the application helps me to develop my creativity on a daily basis, either by changing the layout of a blog or even creating posts and stories for social networks. So, despite having some limitations, I believe that Canva is still the best and most useful Design application.

Pros: What I like most about Canva, especially in the most current version, is the fact that the application is very intuitive. In the new version, all features are separated by tabs - or, if the user prefers, he can click on a button and they all appear instantly. What I liked most about this version is the possibility to create videos / animations from images, besides being able to create animated stories for Instagram and even include music! In short, Canva remains my greatest ally at work, due to its versatility and ability to include new functions, making work more agile and efficient.

Cons: In contrast, what I like least about Canva is the fact that some of its features are still blocked (shapes and frames, for example), and you have to pay to unlock them. In the current version, all songs are still blocked. Another point that I consider negative is the fact that the cell phone is very slow - I believe that this happens due to the large volume of functions. In addition, all created designs are saved in the application, even when they go to the Recycle Bin, contributing to the device being slow and some jobs are delayed. To improve the performance of the application, I would recommend allowing at least some functions such as simpler shapes and borders (and even some music) to be included in the design for free.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2021
Muhammad zubair S.
Sr. Partner
Computer Hardware, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2021

"Canva - A Comprehensive App for Creative Designs"

Comments: We have been using Canva mostly for presentations, social media content, and logo designing. Our move to Canva has greatly reduced the costs and time we spent on mainstream designing software and hiring of experts. Although, Canva is an amazing app when it comes to ready-made designing, there are still many limitations that we feel will be taken care of in the future. Other than video editing, presentations, and some other unavailable options, we are happy with Canva for providing our clients with great content in their budget and timelines.

Pros: Canva is one of the most popular web apps available for professional designing solutions online for business and social media content builders. It provides comprehensive and packaged tools that require no prior experience or learning to start working in Canva, the app is well balanced for professionals and amateurs equally. Below are some of the advantages I have personally experienced using Canva: - Canva has a well-organized editing platform, which provides basic editing tools and easy navigation.
- Plethora of professional looking templates to choose from to create marketing material, social media content, logos, videos, presentations, resumes, websites, and much more.
- Free to use images, audios, and videos with relevance to your project.
- Every template is customizable according to your project's requirements
- The Elements tab can help you create your attractive designs by using various pre-built shapes and objects.
- I found it great for making YouTube Intros and Outros.
- Every bit of your work is saved automatically online, hence no worry of losing any work progress.
- Plenty of Cloud storage according to your plan for storage of videos and images.
- For better project collaboration, you can add team members from within your organization or any person you want to work with in real time workflow environment.
- Good cost savings, since hiring an expert designer and buying media content cost you a lot of money.

Cons: - You cannot edit or modify images, pre-built elements, videos, and other stuff provided by Canva due to copyright restrictions, but you can still resize, rotate and change colors of provided objects.
- You cannot use transition or animation effects on a single object, unfortunately, any effect you select applies to the whole page.
- Only a single audio track can be used for the entire project, this deficiency in Canva editing platform greatly affects the creation of dynamic content such as presentations and videos.
- There are no tools for drawing in Canva such as pens and brushes, this feature is very important for logo design tasks.

• Reviewed on 28/02/2021
Betty M.
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2021

"Game changer"

Comments: Its amazing you can't compare it to anything out there, especially if you don't have a background in design work

Pros: The moment I landed on Canva I knew I was not coming out anytime soon.It saved my time,I didn't have experience on design work but wow I could use the templates and post amazing post from Canva

Cons: I wish they could include more photos for blacks too so that the content can also be relatable to Africans

• Reviewed on 21/01/2021
Jon L.
Operations Manager
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2020

"Perfect Image Creation For Busy People"

Comments: Canva has been an excellent program to use. It gets used for everything from web graphics, to marketing materials, and even newsletters. At this price Canva is a no brainer. If you need quality visual materials, but don't have much time to learn a program like Photoshop, you absolutely owe it to yourself to give Canva a shot.

Pros: I love that it is incredibly simple to create an ad or other marketing image and resize it for lots of different formats very quickly. I can create an image once and then quickly adapt it for Facebook,Twitter, Instagram and a couple local print publications. The numerous templates are great if you need a good starting point for a project. Workflow is quick and easy, support is solid, and the access to a wide variety of royalty free images is a very nice inclusion with a paid account.

Cons: Honestly, there aren't very many. I suppose you could add more advanced features a la Photoshop. But doing that would begin to interfere with the ease of use that Canva offers. I understand that Canva offers some other features like background removal, but I am unsure of how to access them, and haven't really had a chance to dig in that far.

• Reviewed on 07/12/2020
Paddy W.
Office Mgr/ Bus Dev Mgr.
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2020

"I recommend Canva to everyone I talk to about marketing"

Comments: My 45 year old, family-run company enjoys the advantages of a very good reputation. However it takes a LOT of creative work to stay there in our extremely competitive field. I need to be able to keep our social marketing and website, etc. cooking every day. I need to ensure that my messages to the public and existing clients are eye-catching, informative and memorable. Canva helps me make sure that I have the time and tools to do this every day.

Pros: Ease of use for sure. I am not a techie person but I love creating my own marketing pieces with our company branding instead of hiring it out. Canva's "branding kit" (once I learned it existed), lets me brand easily with my own corporate palette.

Cons: I don't think there is anything I like least.. there are a lot of features here that I still haven't learned and would like to have more time to devote to learning. Canva does so much already but I know there's more great 'stuff' in there!

• Reviewed on 12/11/2020
Faisal R.
Freelance Digital Marketer
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2020

"Canva Made Me Uninstall The Most Popular Vector Design Tool"

Comments: I am working as a content marketer. Since my agency is very small, I manage all the stuff alone. From writing content to designing graphics and to marketing them. For the jack of all trades, like me, an intuitive tool is needed that requires a little learning curve to get the things done quickly. Canva is such a kind of tool. When a friend of mine told me about this, I thought it would be yet another fancy editing app just for social media. But I was completely wrong. This is a professional tool and it has a bunch of features. Once, I believed that graphic design is not possible without using the so-called vector design tools like Illustrator. They are indeed more advanced for gigantic production houses. But, for small marketing agencies like me, Canva is more than enough. The main thing I liked about this tool is the power of its free version. No other tool is offering such flexibility in the free version. It's enough for personal usages. And, you won't have to face any watermark issues. Although, I have subscribed to the yearly plan and I am loving it.

Pros: The first and foremost benefit of this tool is easy to use UI. The traditional design tools, even in this modern era, could not implement a modern user interface. Although they have a lot of features, they are cluttered with unnecessary things in the UI. This makes a new person like me totally frustrated. Canva is very easy to use with a lot of free templates. And, if you subscribe to the premium plan you are getting a lot more. Design tools like Photoshop and Illustrator require a lot of processing power and storage space. Do you know what is the most interesting thing? I can create a design with Canva while I am commuting on my 4 years old iPad! The inbuilt image and elements library is a great feature. I don't like searching for elements on Google and then include those in my design. Rather I just type what kind of image I need in the Canva search bar and 90 percent of the time I get that. Although, you can always upload your own photos to it. A good design requires good typefaces. The Canva font library is adequate for that. There are a lot of free fonts for you to try out in your design. Did I just forget to mention motion graphics? There are a lot of motion graphics templates too for creating engaging content for social media.

Cons: I am using Canva for a long time. It's improving day by day. I don't think anyone will be able to mention any cons of this tool. However, certain things should be improved. For example, the image library should be enriched. If they can introduce the support for vector files it would be awesome. I hope the Canva team will come with more features that will help content marketers like me.

• Reviewed on 30/10/2020
Ada jocabeth Á.
Freelancer
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2020

"The best tool for creative people at any age"

Comments: Excellent app design, it is very easy to use for all types of people. You can access from your Google account, Facebook or email. It has many categories of templates, you can find the perfect template for what you are looking for. You can make banners from your phone easily and creatively, besides you can insert your own images. It has many templates with predefined sizes for youtube videos, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook posts, you name it.

Pros: It has a lot of graphic design tools that are easy to use even for people with zero design knowledge. You can access it from a pc or smartphone, which is very practical. It has a large number of vectors, a wide variety of default templates for anything, and many fonts to choose from. You can also create animations for your videos easily. It does NOT have annoying ads. In addition, it allows teamwork in the cloud, which is very important for this time of contingency.

Cons: The free version lacks cool features and the pro version can be a little bit expensive. In the mobile application, the option to share pdf is not available and if you compress the png image the image loses quality when sharing by WhatsApp.

• Reviewed on 24/10/2020
Bethany W.
Director of Community Development
Government Administration, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2020

"Easy to use design software for amateurs"

Comments: Canva has been an excellent resource that I use regularly in my career. I like that it's a month-by-month payment option so that I can participate in the premium subscription for the months I need it and save cost for my municipality on the months I don't. You need virtually no training to learn how to use this program and the longer you use it, the better designs you are able to produce. Canva is constantly updating and adding new features!

Pros: I have no design credentials but have needed to create social media graphics for community events. Canva has stepped in to support my lack of training in this area and is so simple to learn, create beautiful graphics and print materials. Their templates are well designed and easy to edit. Their premium suite allows you to set color schemes for your organization and use premium stock images and icons in all of the materials for no additional cost. The ability to add team members to designs so you can work collaboratively is incredibly helpful as well. You are able drag, drop and resize everything so it's incredibly easy to edit the design into the exact style you want. The ability to print at a low cost directly from Canva provides such a streamlining effect. I've printed everything from posters to business cards and I've always been impressed by the packaging and the final product of what I've ordered. There are so many customizations with the style of paper and finishes that it's easy to meet quality standards printing directly from Canva.

Cons: Every once in a while, I will get a design to exactly where I want it but, when the graphic downloads, text and/or icons will be out of place and misaligned. I have to do trial and error guessing to figure out where to misalign the text/icons on the design so it would download in the proper locations. It's frustrating. Otherwise, I have no complaints.

• Reviewed on 09/10/2020
Michael A.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2020

"All you need in one platform"

Comments: Canva saves my time a lot.
1. I don't have to memorize the resolution & size format for each social media. Canva provides it.
2. Canva has many beautiful templates ready
3. I don't have to find / buy another stock images for my basic designs. It comes with your premium plan (which is quite affordable)
4. Canva has autosave feature, cloud base. I'm not attached to my desk :) Even I can do it from my phone. (Personally, I rarely use it from my phone).

Pros: 1. Super easy to use. I use Canva to create my daily content. It's fast and easy to use.
2. Canva has built-in tools to remove background, controlling exposure, which is very helpful for my quick design.
3. Canva provides free resources (premium pictures, photos, design elements) that I can use freely. So simple that I don't have to buy stock photos. It's instantly available within the platform.
4. It has the presets & templates size for Instagram, youtube thumbnail, Linkedin banner, etc. Ready.
5. It has presentation templates as well!

Cons: 1. The cheapest premium plan only has 1 brand preset. I find it difficult to switch among brand because the cheapest premium plan only allows me to have 1 brand preset. (default color, font, logo, etc). Hence I need to change manually when I do different design from different brand. However, you can choose the more expensive subscription plan if you have this kind of difficulty.

• Reviewed on 28/07/2020
Rhea D.
Graduate Student
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/07/2020

"Multipurpose Creative Tool"

Comments: As the Marketing Head of a student organization at my university, Canva is my go-to tool to make and decorate flyers for event promotions, set up stories with the designs provided by Canva, to be uploaded on social media- Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn as well as the organization website. I also use Canva personally for creating Adoption Posts for dogs and cats and share them over Whatsapp, Instagram, and Facebook. Canva has a variety of templates to choose from and also gives you the flexibility to upload your own designs from the web which is why I particularly like this software.

Pros: I use Canva on a weekly basis to make flyers and posters for the promotion of my student organization's events. I love how versatile Canva is in its functionality right from developing, flyers, posters, infographics and Instagram stories. After using Canva I haven't gone to any other product. I especially love the feature where it allows other team members to collaborate and make its usage more open source for the entire team. As a student volunteering for the organization, I really like how Canva allows you to access functionalities for free to create your artwork.

Cons: While creating content, a lot of screen space is taken by the functionalities and templates and these are not adjustable. Because of this, the actual screen space of the flyer being created reduces. At times the flyer area during editing is really small and difficult to work with. Although Canva allows you to zoom to increase the flyer/poster size, it involves a lot of scrolling to add in new features. It would be really beneficial if Canva allows resizing functionality and template areas.

• Reviewed on 01/07/2020
Emilie josephine M.
Company owner
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/05/2020

"Canva is perfect if you are on a tight budget or schedule!"

Comments: Canva is a perfect solution for anyone who owns their own business or is thinking of starting their own. In 15 minutes - you can have a social media post, an Infographic, or a presentation all done. It is very cost effective (I believe we paid $13/mo when we first started a paid subscription) and gives you access to thousands of icons, videos, photos, fonts, and templates. When I ran our social media in the beginning, Canva allowed me to create 50-75 social media posts in a couple of hours. My team can now do 500 in the same time period and it has thus increased our productivity tenfold.

Pros: Canva is an absolute dream to work with. Not only is their product cheap (you can get started for free and this includes many free photos and elements), but it is extremely user friendly and has a vast library of templates. Starting with the free version and paying for “add-on” single images or videos (even if you do not have pro, you can pay for individual items you want) is the best way to get acquainted with Canva without the commitment. However, once you start using it regularly - I can almost guarantee you will fall in love with it.

Cons: There is almost nothing I do not like about Canva, but if I was forced to choose something it would be that videos downloaded “all at once” does not end up as individual files in a zip folder like pictures do, but rather as one continuous video. I can appreciate why this is great for those who do not have a video editing software, but I wish there was an option to “opt out” of the download as one single file (the workaround is to download each “page” individually, but this takes time).

• Reviewed on 27/05/2020
Paulo otávio D.
CTO
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2020

"No wonder it's so well known. You cannot go wrong."

Comments: We use it for both internal and external business needs whenever we want professional or fun-looking visual publications that won't take a lot of time to make (or money to pay a pro).

Pros: First of all, it's really easy to use. Tools are a no-brainer for the most part (or require little exploring), and unlike in other offline apps, it has tons of resources (icons, images, even text templates with different sizes and fonts) just a couple of clicks away, so the best part is that it saves you a lot of time when you're in a hurry. We use it whenever we don't have time for getting a pro/a designer to do it while still needing something that looks either professional or even fun (for internal events, for example – making internal announcements). It's also quite affordable, and can be used even for some business needs. Great for designing T-shirts quickly; it even gives you the measures if you search.

Cons: Such simplicity and clean UI/UX comes at the cost of making a few really basic needs surprisingly slightly more complex than they should, such as when you have to draw a line. There's no "pencil", so you have to go to shapes, find a line you like, and then use it and adapt it. Still quite easy, but adding a few basic custom drawing tools wouldn't hurt.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2020
Mark W.
News Writer
Broadcast Media, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2020

"Canva is the PERFECT Social Media Tool"

Comments: Overall, Canva is great. There are paid options which may help certain users get further use out of the software. But again, if you know how to use some other software to combine with Canva, you'll get the best overall experience. But even if you only know how to use Canva and nothing else, you'll likely be very impressed with the kinds of graphics you can create completely free of charge. Any social media user that is not an expert in graphic design, should be using Canva to make their social media pop.

Pros: I love Canva due to the amount of things you can do with it completely free. It really is a great tool to make social media graphics really shine. It definitely is worth having some basic skills with other software such as Photoshop, which will make your Canva experience that much better. Canva really is just for templates and it's best you use your own photos to upload. So if you can edit photos how you like, but can't create templates from scratch, marrying your very basic photo editing skills, with the ease of use of Canva is just a perfect combination.

Cons: Sometimes, editing the templates can be a bit clunky and frustrating. The tools that they have in place to edit are pretty good and I honestly don't know what can be done to fix it. But making small tweaks to the templates could sometimes be a pain. Sometimes I like the style of a template, but want to make a small adjustment to it, and it creates a bigger headache than I'd like it to. For example, in certain templates if you want to add more words than in their example text, it could create some funky layout issues. I wish Canva would do a better job in adding more "flexibility" to their templates.

• Reviewed on 05/05/2020
Suzana P.
Marketing Director
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/04/2020

"I use Canva for EVERYTHING! Free options are endless!"

Comments: Canva has honestly been a lifesaver for my job. I do not have a degree in Advertising or Marketing, but Canva makes all of my work look so clean and professional. They have really put out high quality work and it makes my life easier. I am always the one my co workers come to for any sort of small print project, because Canva has helped me deliver FAST and EASY quality projects. I would say it is ultra user friendly. Whatever you're using now, or if you're looking to use a software, stop right now and just sign up for Canva. I am not kidding you, it will make your life a lot easier. You can literally just use one of their templates if you are not the creative type, or start from scratch on any project. This is a HUGE tool for your personal business or Small Business.

Pros: I had to take a moment to write a review about Canva Software. I seriously cannot get enough of Canva. I have used Canva for over 2 years and all the options are amazing. I work as a Marketing director for both a catering and event planning company. I create menus, ads, social media posts all through Canva. We are a Small Business and don't have a fancy team creating out content, just me! I've been able to provide consistent quality work that looks professional. I customize each material from beginning to end starting with sizing, font, how much an item is turned, transparency, color, gifs or moving media, to the final print or saving product. You have options to save as PDF, JPG, PNG, Video and more. When you want to add a picture or design, you just search keywords and thousands of neat designs pop up. Not every picture or design is free though. However, THERE ARE A LOT OF GREAT FREE TEMPLATES TO USE! Free options are really endless and I appreciate that. If there is something that does have a watermark, the price to pay isn't that bad either, so it is worth it! I've created simple signs for our restaurants or beautiful eye catching ads for our Social Media platforms. The best part is, I can log into any computer, anywhere, sign in, and all of my creations are saved there. Every new change made to your design is saved automatically every so often, so you don't run the risk of losing changes if you log out. They also have printing options, so that's nice

Cons: Canva recently started to have moving images as an option. I would say their moving gifs are limited though. I would love see more of those on there. They are eye catching and will help a lot of creative groups, like myself, to put out more awesome content! I have not tried to have something printed by Canva, but they do have the option of having your creation printed. I will be trying some of their prints soon for a personal project. (I'm getting married, so I will be creating my own wedding invitations and save the dates through Canva)

• Reviewed on 13/04/2020
Jane R.
Owner and Big Kahuna
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2019

"Simply the best"

Comments: At my company, we create social media graphics, promotional graphics, and ads all the time, for ourselves and for our clients, and Canva makes it incredibly easy and fun. They're constantly adding new features to keep it all fresh, and their customer support is excellent. The "Pro" package provides everything we need to create professional, high-quality graphics we're proud to share with our clients and the world. Using Canva is more play than work!

Pros: Canva is incredibly easy to use, even if you've never worked with any kind of design software. It provides everything you need to design high-quality graphics of all kinds, whether you know anything about design or not. Their "Design School" videos and articles are useful for people new to design, but also for sparking ideas and jumpstarting creativity for experienced users. I use it myself, my company uses it, and I recommend it to all my self-publishing clients.

Cons: I have only two minor quibbles, and the way Canva goes, they'll probably have them fixed by the time this review comes out: I wish Canva kept a temporary list of the fonts tested in a particular design (even if they weren't chosen), and I wish the stickers were searchable, or appeared in search results. In both cases, I end spending a LOT of time scrolling.

• Reviewed on 25/11/2019
Samuel T.
Chief Executive Officer
Graphic Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2019

"The Easiest Graphic Design Tool with Mind Blowing Templates"

Comments: No doubt, Canva is the best online graphic design platform, even as an expert in Photoshop, I still find myself working on Canva for quick and easy designs, the ease to use platform blows my mind all the time. I’m able to create a book cover within 20 minutes; I have made Logo design for friends without the stress of learning complicated tools.
So if you are looking for a graphic tool that is easy to learn, use and that offers free nice templates and incredible paid premium templates, then Canva is what you need.

Pros: Canva is an incredible online graphics tool that let people create their designs easily. Canva have a lot of advantages that will blow your mind. First: Canva is the easiest graphics tool I have ever used. Canva is easy to learn and user friendly, even for a starter. No complicated tool to learn unlike other graphic design software. Customization is as simple as ABC, and can be mastered within minutes. Second: The designs on Canva are just incredible. This in particular makes me use Canva more often than expected. There are varieties of predesigned materials on any project you want, be it Logo, Book & Album Covers, Business Cards, Flyers and lot more. Third: Not only did you get beautiful templates, Canva also allow users to modify those templates to their satisfaction. On the platform, you can edit the image, change colors as wished, you can resize files and do all sort of editing without any heavy software. Forth: Canva is Free to Use, although they have a paid service that offers more beautiful templates and other features. However, free users also get to have access to some of their great designs, can edit these designs and export to their preferred format. Fifth: Free 1GB storage to store your credentials. Canva goes out of their way to satisfy users, the free space is most helpful; I can easily store my designs on the platform which can be modify and access when needed. Lastly, the customer support is very responsive and helpful.

Cons: Canva is really helpful, have a lot of advantages but yet some shortcomings that makes their platform a second choice. First: Canva is an online only platform, everything Canva offers can only be access on the Internet, no offline feature. This is the advantage the software has over Canva, if you’re in a location with poor connections, Canva won’t be an option to use. Second: Paid users get more beautiful templates. Although the advantage of paying for their service is to get more premium designs, however, free users are very much limited when it comes to templates; the paid designs are shown to free users but watermarked. Third: Even paid users don’t have full access; there are some other materials that you’ll still need to purchase. Lastly, Canva has a mobile app to make their platform mobile friendly. This would have been an advantage if only the app will just work as expected. The app is really buggy and frustrating to use, totally not the Canva I’m use to on PC, I have to get rid of it.

• Reviewed on 18/05/2019
Andi L.
Founder & Owner
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2019

"Canva Just Might Be the Death to Photoshop, InDesign, and QuarkXPress"

Comments: I'm pretty sure that Milton Glaser, most famous for creating the I ❤ NY logo, would hate the fact that Canva lets anyone be a designer—and a great one at that. With the incredible templates, variety in fonts (plus the ability to upload your own), recommendations, and tools, Canva has made my life so much easier. I'm able to create social media designs so much more quickly as well as one-off graphics. Sure, for brochures and business cards, I still use QuarkXPress because of the ability to fine-tune typography. But for everything else, Canva is my go-to tool. I use it every day, and I can't imagine my working life without it.

Pros: I love almost everything about Canva. First, it is incredibly easy to use. Although I have a background that includes design, I was able to teach my sister to use it within about 5 minutes. The tool is incredibly user-friendly and very intuitive, so it's almost like you're guided through the design process. Second, I love that I can have a different folder for every client, and then designs within that folder. For example, Client A has a folder, and within that is a file for Instagram posts, for in-store flyers, and for hand-out postcards. Client B has a folder, and within it is a file for video thumbnails, Instagram posts, and website featured images. It helps to keep me organized, and each one has its own branding. Third, with the ability to resize for different outlets, it's easy for me to create every post I need in every size I need, with some small adjustments. Amazing. Fourth, Canva has great templates for all kinds of designs. The templates are completely adjustable to your branding; in fact, sometimes, I just use them for inspiration. Finally, Canva has a plethora of free (and paid) images and icons that make designs pop or just add that little something extra that you need. Overall, Canva has saved me so much time over the past three years that I've been using it. What would have taken me an hour in QuarkXPress now takes me about 15 minutes in Canva, because it's all right there, and it's so easy to use.

Cons: I have only a few complaints with Canva. The first is probably on their product roadmap—I wish that I could merge files. At this point, I can move any design into a folder. But I can't move a design in File A to File B, even if they're the same size. Here's why I find this is problematic: Let's say I have a file of Instagram designs (1080x1080) for Client A, and I want to convert just the first of the designs into a video thumbnail (1920x1080). And I already have a file of video thumbnails for Client A. So, I either need to recreate the Instagram image into my file of video thumbnails, which is silly and duplicates work. Or I need to copy and resize the whole Instagram designs file, delete everything but the first page, and then make the small adjustments to get it the right size. Ideally, I would be able to then take this newly designed image and merge it into my Video Thumbnails file. But I can't do that. So now I have a handful of random files, which becomes slightly cumbersome. Nit picky, yes, but it would be so helpful to do and a real time-saver. Second, and this is probably on the roadmap too, I would love to be able to copy an element/text/style from one design and paste it into another that is in a different file. Finally, also probably on the roadmap, is to be able to bulk delete pages in a file. I can bulk download them but not bulk delete. Would be another big time-saver.

• Reviewed on 15/05/2019
Jesús A.
Multimedia Editor
Broadcast Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/05/2019

"Canvas: fast, easy and professional!"

Comments: The ease of use in working hours within the platform at the genetic level is fast, the individual experience is satisfactory and without setbacks, this added to the multiple designs and different templates are adapted to the needs of your company or social network, allowing you to show a quality advertising work, according to the commercial objective. It also significantly reduces the costs that the company can redirect to more useful aspects that will impact on significant savings, knowing what an advertising campaign is worth today. With the free version you work it is easy to do jobs with professional quality.

Pros: It allows me to choose according to the type of social network in which I am working, to select the most varied templates adapted to the specific formats; and if I'm not satisfied with the predesigned material, I can modify it by making my final presentation more personalized. It has the ability to accept own photographs, adapt them and edit them within the same application with filters that give a professional appearance of excellent quality. If there is no format within the predesigned templates, you can also change the size. It offers a wide range of designs that fit the type of advertising desired, which are required to present both in a work meeting or disseminating information by various social networks.

Cons: There are times when not all the details of a presentation are saved, and it is annoying because some need time to do them again. If you select a specific template, the system opens a new tab, once you finish all the work and save the information, you must go back to the previous tab and close it, this is a bit tedious. Depending on the complexity of the presentation, sometimes the program can delay in processing the changes efficiently, which can sometimes make you lose the work done previously. In other opportunities if you upload your own image, in some occasions editing it on the platform is not friendly if the connection that is used on the internet does not turn out to be fast enough.

• Reviewed on 06/05/2019
Diana G.
Creator/Consultant
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2018

"Canva - Great Tool to Create Content for Social Media"

Comments: Canva makes it super easy for business to create graphic designs without being graphic artists. The template sizes are there for you, ready for any social media format for posts and for ads. That is an incredible time saver. No messing around with other imaging software to layout text on images, filters to create these. While more features are now under a pay wall, there is a considerable amount offered by Canva that you can use on your own and share with teams. That makes it easy to get updates/feedback on designs by adding people to your teams. Also, you can set a style guide which is available under the section Your Brand. Overall, Canva has put a lot of excellent effort into the tool.

Pros: Canva offers a quite a lot in the free version of the software, what I love most is the functionality wrapped in a beautiful web app. You can create images that are sized for different social media channels like Pinterest, Facebook Banners and posts, Twitter, Instagram. They have a very large selection of free templates you can choose from and customize. It's easy to change text size, colors, position, and once you get used to the layout of various boxes/blocks (text, background, effects) you'll see how much you can vary, from colors to transparency. I love that it's easy to duplicate a design and create variations of the same template.

Cons: You used to be able to create a graphic in a certain size, i.e., for Pinterest and then at top left select the Magic Resize option. That would let you take that graphic and have it resized for something completely different, like a Facebook banner ad. It was really excellent to have that included in the free version, and it's a bummer to see it completely gone. I get it, companies need to make money. It would be nice to see it available to create at least one time something like three different sizes from one template to show how easy it is to use as a tool, and add to the incentive to purchase a subscription. If you're creating a design and want to pull something in from a previous design you created, you can't access those earlier designs unless you upgrade your account. It feels like it can get a bit slow, it's a good idea to check how many Canva tabs you have open because each time you click on a new design, you open a new tab, which will consume your resources. Keep an eye on how many designs you're working on as they'll open new tabs which can consume resources.

• Reviewed on 20/12/2018
Aanchal J.
Senior Associate
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2018

"Everyone is a designer with Canva; A good designer."

Comments: It is an exhaustive design tool and despite having almost every functionality present in it, the tool is not as heavy as other designing software. I repeat, Canva is a BLESSING.

Pros: Canva is a blessing to every person who finds Photoshop too difficult to work with and to all those companies who don't want to necessarily hire a graphic designer. So, I discovered Canva during my very 1st job when the only graphic designer in the staff would give me a tough time in sending across timely designs. I had to manage the social media pages and it was imperative for me to ensure, that graphics be prepared on time for me to post. That is when I started my search for a basic designing software that would fulfill making good looking post-worthy graphics. Given my requirement, Canva invariably surpassed the expectations since I never know you could get so much of functionality available FOR FREE. Quickly:
1) The Templates. Template size of almost each of the social media properties present in the digital space from Facebook, Twitter to Pinterest, Tumblr and more is available in Canva. You also get separate templates for cards, invitations, infographics and what not beside your custom dimensions. This means that all of our dimension woes are sorted.
2) Layouts with each template serve as a useful inspiration.
3) A large pool of FREE shapes, fonts, frames, grids, icons, lines, colours (including custom colours) to choose from. You can't ask for more.
4) A lot of formatting can be applied to a photo itself - photo effects, photo position, option to flip the pic, crop pic, group pics & other elements together.
5) Option to download the design as PDF, PNG, JPG or ALL.

Cons: 1) Lately, Canva has been working really slow on even a good speed internet. It has been working excellently only when the WiFi strength is at it's peak. Despite this, Canva's functionality far outdoes the slow working that too has only been happening recently.
2) The free photo bank is boring and repetitive. I feel the Team can add better pics as a part of free feature without giving away all the good pics which is a feature of the paid version.
3) 30 designs per template at a time. After you have created 30 designs using a template, you gotta create another design thread to use the same dimensions. I feel they can increase the limit. For a heavy Canva user, this only means that a lot of design threads of a single template will be created. This, in turn, will further make Canva's functioning slow.

• Reviewed on 23/10/2018