• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.7 /5
    4.4 /5

About Canva

Design and publish anything in a few clicks. From brochure to video, access thousands of templates, images, videos, and more for free.

Learn more about Canva

Showing 9,691 reviews

Ali K.
Information Technology Adviser
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2021

"A professional online tool for editing photos and generating visual content"

Comments: One of the best platforms for managing and editing images under the cloud is that you can easily generate visual content for the websites or social media along the way. Very simple and smartly designed. Provides you with everything you need to edit photos and make changes and add text or create visual content on a web platform. The subscription price is also very small and reasonable.

Pros: Ready-made templates and sizes are great for social media pages. I create new content every day to generate content and create a new story or post for Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter through Canva. It has never been so easy and fast for me to produce content. The dashboard is very simple and functional on the web, as well as a very professional mobile application. Saving files on the cloud and exporting them to any format is very useful, and I also love the ability to create gifs and animated videos.

Cons: When editing images through the browser, sometimes some sections do not work well, and if the page is zoomed with the browser, most times it can not be returned to the previous state and the page must be refreshed. Also, the app for the iOS version on the iPad could have had more professional features and is still very beginner and is exactly like the web browser version. But in general, everything in this platform is satisfactory and only these minor issues should be resolved.

• Reviewed on 19/02/2021
Ada jocabeth Á.
Freelancer
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2020

"The best tool for creative people at any age"

Comments: Excellent app design, it is very easy to use for all types of people. You can access from your Google account, Facebook or email. It has many categories of templates, you can find the perfect template for what you are looking for. You can make banners from your phone easily and creatively, besides you can insert your own images. It has many templates with predefined sizes for youtube videos, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook posts, you name it.

Pros: It has a lot of graphic design tools that are easy to use even for people with zero design knowledge. You can access it from a pc or smartphone, which is very practical. It has a large number of vectors, a wide variety of default templates for anything, and many fonts to choose from. You can also create animations for your videos easily. It does NOT have annoying ads. In addition, it allows teamwork in the cloud, which is very important for this time of contingency.

Cons: The free version lacks cool features and the pro version can be a little bit expensive. In the mobile application, the option to share pdf is not available and if you compress the png image the image loses quality when sharing by WhatsApp.

• Reviewed on 24/10/2020
Jennifer S.
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2020

"Perfect for social media content creation"

Comments: Canva remains my favorite platform for editing images for social media posts.

Pros: Canva does almost everything I need to create social media images. It's not the most intuitive platform I have used, but it's easy enough to learn. I love that you can create, save, or purchase templates to use over and over. It's a time saver, especially with pinterest.

Cons: I wish you could crop images. Sometimes I just feel like it's not an intuitive program.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2020
Muhammad zubair S.
Sr. Partner
Computer Hardware, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2021

"Canva - A Comprehensive App for Creative Designs"

Comments: We have been using Canva mostly for presentations, social media content, and logo designing. Our move to Canva has greatly reduced the costs and time we spent on mainstream designing software and hiring of experts. Although, Canva is an amazing app when it comes to ready-made designing, there are still many limitations that we feel will be taken care of in the future. Other than video editing, presentations, and some other unavailable options, we are happy with Canva for providing our clients with great content in their budget and timelines.

Pros: Canva is one of the most popular web apps available for professional designing solutions online for business and social media content builders. It provides comprehensive and packaged tools that require no prior experience or learning to start working in Canva, the app is well balanced for professionals and amateurs equally. Below are some of the advantages I have personally experienced using Canva: - Canva has a well-organized editing platform, which provides basic editing tools and easy navigation.
- Plethora of professional looking templates to choose from to create marketing material, social media content, logos, videos, presentations, resumes, websites, and much more.
- Free to use images, audios, and videos with relevance to your project.
- Every template is customizable according to your project's requirements
- The Elements tab can help you create your attractive designs by using various pre-built shapes and objects.
- I found it great for making YouTube Intros and Outros.
- Every bit of your work is saved automatically online, hence no worry of losing any work progress.
- Plenty of Cloud storage according to your plan for storage of videos and images.
- For better project collaboration, you can add team members from within your organization or any person you want to work with in real time workflow environment.
- Good cost savings, since hiring an expert designer and buying media content cost you a lot of money.

Cons: - You cannot edit or modify images, pre-built elements, videos, and other stuff provided by Canva due to copyright restrictions, but you can still resize, rotate and change colors of provided objects.
- You cannot use transition or animation effects on a single object, unfortunately, any effect you select applies to the whole page.
- Only a single audio track can be used for the entire project, this deficiency in Canva editing platform greatly affects the creation of dynamic content such as presentations and videos.
- There are no tools for drawing in Canva such as pens and brushes, this feature is very important for logo design tasks.

• Reviewed on 28/02/2021
Jon L.
Operations Manager
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2020

"Perfect Image Creation For Busy People"

Comments: Canva has been an excellent program to use. It gets used for everything from web graphics, to marketing materials, and even newsletters. At this price Canva is a no brainer. If you need quality visual materials, but don't have much time to learn a program like Photoshop, you absolutely owe it to yourself to give Canva a shot.

Pros: I love that it is incredibly simple to create an ad or other marketing image and resize it for lots of different formats very quickly. I can create an image once and then quickly adapt it for Facebook,Twitter, Instagram and a couple local print publications. The numerous templates are great if you need a good starting point for a project. Workflow is quick and easy, support is solid, and the access to a wide variety of royalty free images is a very nice inclusion with a paid account.

Cons: Honestly, there aren't very many. I suppose you could add more advanced features a la Photoshop. But doing that would begin to interfere with the ease of use that Canva offers. I understand that Canva offers some other features like background removal, but I am unsure of how to access them, and haven't really had a chance to dig in that far.

• Reviewed on 07/12/2020
Liezl J.
Business Owner
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2020

"Best product in years!"

Comments: FABULOUS! Love it! From day one, could hug it. Its easy to sign up, easy to use, easy to store and easy to access my business logos, colours etc. it has remarkable features, options, and works quickly - no big time lags. Canva has saved me years of time and frustration. It honestly is the best thing since sliced bread. My favourite and top rated software application - for everyone! The options to make simple animated or short videos without costing an arm and a leg has been the star power cherry on top!

Pros: Canva is my new best friend!! Its the most useful, designer friendly, user friendly, time saving product I've used in years! It offers phenomenal features that are easy to use. I often choose to use Canva over my high-end photo editing and design software that is 8x the cost! I use it almost daily for social posts, web design pictures, logos, documents, posters and sale notices.
I spent years learning how to use high end design software, and can spend hours getting something right. On Canva I can get the job done in half an hour and get on with my life! Its WONDERFUL!
The sizing guidelines have saved me 10 000 grey hairs (I've spent the last few years trying to keep up with social media changes and recommended sizing that hardly ever displays correctky and ruins the work done). The resizing options allows me to perfect designs for multiple outlets - quickly! I cannot recommend Canva highly enough. Aside from my Accounting software - this product tops my list and will be the very last item to go in a costs cutting endeavour. It saves me oodles and oodles of time to get designs done - well, and get on with my business. The new invite a team mate option is going to be useful!

Cons: The background remover sometimes fails or stalls -totally understandable with so much going on that needs to happen - but it is a little frustrating. Also, the new background brush (to put back or refine the removing background edit) is a wonderful option - but isn't as easy to access if you want to go back. You get one chance and that's it. Again, totally understandable, its probably beta - and very cool. So grateful all the same as you work on it. Sometimes the elements colours cant be changed. E.g. a yellow star sprinkle can't be made purple to match a palette. A filter can be applied but thats about it. I've discovered that the access to photo search is MUCH better from within the design creation field. If you search pendulum on the platform you get maybe 5 photos. If you search for photos from within the design process there are are hundreds! Its much easier to search on the big screen than in a dropdown - so if you could make the design algorithms available on the photos search page it would rock!

• Reviewed on 04/12/2020
Faisal R.
Freelance Digital Marketer
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2020

"Canva Made Me Uninstall The Most Popular Vector Design Tool"

Comments: I am working as a content marketer. Since my agency is very small, I manage all the stuff alone. From writing content to designing graphics and to marketing them. For the jack of all trades, like me, an intuitive tool is needed that requires a little learning curve to get the things done quickly. Canva is such a kind of tool. When a friend of mine told me about this, I thought it would be yet another fancy editing app just for social media. But I was completely wrong. This is a professional tool and it has a bunch of features. Once, I believed that graphic design is not possible without using the so-called vector design tools like Illustrator. They are indeed more advanced for gigantic production houses. But, for small marketing agencies like me, Canva is more than enough. The main thing I liked about this tool is the power of its free version. No other tool is offering such flexibility in the free version. It's enough for personal usages. And, you won't have to face any watermark issues. Although, I have subscribed to the yearly plan and I am loving it.

Pros: The first and foremost benefit of this tool is easy to use UI. The traditional design tools, even in this modern era, could not implement a modern user interface. Although they have a lot of features, they are cluttered with unnecessary things in the UI. This makes a new person like me totally frustrated. Canva is very easy to use with a lot of free templates. And, if you subscribe to the premium plan you are getting a lot more. Design tools like Photoshop and Illustrator require a lot of processing power and storage space. Do you know what is the most interesting thing? I can create a design with Canva while I am commuting on my 4 years old iPad! The inbuilt image and elements library is a great feature. I don't like searching for elements on Google and then include those in my design. Rather I just type what kind of image I need in the Canva search bar and 90 percent of the time I get that. Although, you can always upload your own photos to it. A good design requires good typefaces. The Canva font library is adequate for that. There are a lot of free fonts for you to try out in your design. Did I just forget to mention motion graphics? There are a lot of motion graphics templates too for creating engaging content for social media.

Cons: I am using Canva for a long time. It's improving day by day. I don't think anyone will be able to mention any cons of this tool. However, certain things should be improved. For example, the image library should be enriched. If they can introduce the support for vector files it would be awesome. I hope the Canva team will come with more features that will help content marketers like me.

• Reviewed on 30/10/2020
Bethany W.
Director of Community Development
Government Administration, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2020

"Easy to use design software for amateurs"

Comments: Canva has been an excellent resource that I use regularly in my career. I like that it's a month-by-month payment option so that I can participate in the premium subscription for the months I need it and save cost for my municipality on the months I don't. You need virtually no training to learn how to use this program and the longer you use it, the better designs you are able to produce. Canva is constantly updating and adding new features!

Pros: I have no design credentials but have needed to create social media graphics for community events. Canva has stepped in to support my lack of training in this area and is so simple to learn, create beautiful graphics and print materials. Their templates are well designed and easy to edit. Their premium suite allows you to set color schemes for your organization and use premium stock images and icons in all of the materials for no additional cost. The ability to add team members to designs so you can work collaboratively is incredibly helpful as well. You are able drag, drop and resize everything so it's incredibly easy to edit the design into the exact style you want. The ability to print at a low cost directly from Canva provides such a streamlining effect. I've printed everything from posters to business cards and I've always been impressed by the packaging and the final product of what I've ordered. There are so many customizations with the style of paper and finishes that it's easy to meet quality standards printing directly from Canva.

Cons: Every once in a while, I will get a design to exactly where I want it but, when the graphic downloads, text and/or icons will be out of place and misaligned. I have to do trial and error guessing to figure out where to misalign the text/icons on the design so it would download in the proper locations. It's frustrating. Otherwise, I have no complaints.

• Reviewed on 09/10/2020
Michael A.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2020

"All you need in one platform"

Comments: Canva saves my time a lot.
1. I don't have to memorize the resolution & size format for each social media. Canva provides it.
2. Canva has many beautiful templates ready
3. I don't have to find / buy another stock images for my basic designs. It comes with your premium plan (which is quite affordable)
4. Canva has autosave feature, cloud base. I'm not attached to my desk :) Even I can do it from my phone. (Personally, I rarely use it from my phone).

Pros: 1. Super easy to use. I use Canva to create my daily content. It's fast and easy to use.
2. Canva has built-in tools to remove background, controlling exposure, which is very helpful for my quick design.
3. Canva provides free resources (premium pictures, photos, design elements) that I can use freely. So simple that I don't have to buy stock photos. It's instantly available within the platform.
4. It has the presets & templates size for Instagram, youtube thumbnail, Linkedin banner, etc. Ready.
5. It has presentation templates as well!

Cons: 1. The cheapest premium plan only has 1 brand preset. I find it difficult to switch among brand because the cheapest premium plan only allows me to have 1 brand preset. (default color, font, logo, etc). Hence I need to change manually when I do different design from different brand. However, you can choose the more expensive subscription plan if you have this kind of difficulty.

• Reviewed on 28/07/2020
Rhea D.
Graduate Student
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/07/2020

"Multipurpose Creative Tool"

Comments: As the Marketing Head of a student organization at my university, Canva is my go-to tool to make and decorate flyers for event promotions, set up stories with the designs provided by Canva, to be uploaded on social media- Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn as well as the organization website. I also use Canva personally for creating Adoption Posts for dogs and cats and share them over Whatsapp, Instagram, and Facebook. Canva has a variety of templates to choose from and also gives you the flexibility to upload your own designs from the web which is why I particularly like this software.

Pros: I use Canva on a weekly basis to make flyers and posters for the promotion of my student organization's events. I love how versatile Canva is in its functionality right from developing, flyers, posters, infographics and Instagram stories. After using Canva I haven't gone to any other product. I especially love the feature where it allows other team members to collaborate and make its usage more open source for the entire team. As a student volunteering for the organization, I really like how Canva allows you to access functionalities for free to create your artwork.

Cons: While creating content, a lot of screen space is taken by the functionalities and templates and these are not adjustable. Because of this, the actual screen space of the flyer being created reduces. At times the flyer area during editing is really small and difficult to work with. Although Canva allows you to zoom to increase the flyer/poster size, it involves a lot of scrolling to add in new features. It would be really beneficial if Canva allows resizing functionality and template areas.

• Reviewed on 01/07/2020
Paulo otávio D.
CTO
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2020

"No wonder it's so well known. You cannot go wrong."

Comments: We use it for both internal and external business needs whenever we want professional or fun-looking visual publications that won't take a lot of time to make (or money to pay a pro).

Pros: First of all, it's really easy to use. Tools are a no-brainer for the most part (or require little exploring), and unlike in other offline apps, it has tons of resources (icons, images, even text templates with different sizes and fonts) just a couple of clicks away, so the best part is that it saves you a lot of time when you're in a hurry. We use it whenever we don't have time for getting a pro/a designer to do it while still needing something that looks either professional or even fun (for internal events, for example – making internal announcements). It's also quite affordable, and can be used even for some business needs. Great for designing T-shirts quickly; it even gives you the measures if you search.

Cons: Such simplicity and clean UI/UX comes at the cost of making a few really basic needs surprisingly slightly more complex than they should, such as when you have to draw a line. There's no "pencil", so you have to go to shapes, find a line you like, and then use it and adapt it. Still quite easy, but adding a few basic custom drawing tools wouldn't hurt.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2020
Jonathan L.
Executive Director
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2020

"User Since They Were Young"

Comments: When I was a fledgling independent designer, I needed a design solution that gave me much of the power of Adobe Illustrator, but without the cost. I also wanted something that didn't require me to install software on my machine – aka cloud-based. After seeing a post from Guy Kawasaki, who was evangelizing for the company, I decided to try Canva out. Over the years, the company has added loads of useful features that helped me decide to start all my designers off with Canva rather than app software. Also, having teams and a brand kit available are a boon for creating designs for our own in-house work.

Pros: I started my marketing business with the idea that I'd grow it with remote staff. I realized that meant I'd need to find a design solution that gave me the power of Illustrator without the cost and the necessity if installing software. Enter Canva, the cloud-based designer's Swiss army knife. With Canva, I can be in Buenos Aires, add a member to my team in Los Angeles, and get them straight to work...regardless of whether they're subscribed to Adobe's suite. Furthermore, the Canva interface has gotten much more robust over the years: smart guides, excellent export options, direct access to stock images – so the need for us to turn to Adobe is less and less.

Cons: Generally, the Canva team has really built an excellent product, so there's not much I can complain about. However, there is one small, nuanced thing I'd really like. With security and privacy becoming so important now, I would love to have two-factor authentication through an authenticator app. Canva does have 2FA through a text message, but my team travels a lot and our phones have been lost or stolen often. But we all have 1Password on our computers to generate security codes, which would have saved time, so adding an authenticator option for 2FA would be incredibly useful.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2020
Jeheen mahmood Z.
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2020

"This is, hands down, the best graphics design tool for non-designers"

Comments: I mostly use Canva to create social media images. This might sound rather simple. But with Canva's preset sizes, I don't have to worry about resizing, cropping, dragging anymore. That easily saves me 10 minutes per image I create - Canva is saving me hours regularly.

Pros: I am not a designer. Last I draw or make something was 12 years ago. But with Canva, I can make a presentable graphics in 10-15 minutes. With my skill level (I used to use MS Word Clip Art tool and Paint), I should not be able to do anything at all. True I havent been able to draw a masterpiece, but Canva is not for that sort of work, at least not that I know of. But if you are looking for a social media post, image for your blog post, poster, cover image, Canva can handle all of those. Sure, you still need to hire a designer if you are going to do stunning artworks. But the day to day grind to produce several images everyday, either professional or personal needs, Canva is there for you. You can even create memes with it! Another nice surprise is, you dont need a paid plan to use Canva. Only the premium features and elements are paid. And to be honest, most users dont even need them. Even I haven't used the premium feature for myself. The free plan is more than enough, better than any other free tool in the market and a few premiums too.

Cons: There is absolutely nothing I want to change. This is simple, intuitive, free or very, very cheap. What more can I ask for?? There is some grumblings among pro-designers who use Canva about some high-level features being absent, certain export formats not there or background remoal option not available. But this is not Photoshop and we should not treat it like that. Also, last I heard, Canva is working very hard to add more functions to their toolbox.

• Reviewed on 30/01/2020
Kendra R.
Administrative Assistant
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2019

"Great for small business & personal application!"

Comments: Great program to use! Can access anywhere and transfer designs easily to any platform for use or print. Premium version is definitely recommended and affordable for any company or individual looking for a program that offers a variety of use. Company seems to continually improve product and services with new options, images, and designs. Highly recommend!

Pros: Multiple features and functions. Can create a variety of print and digital media from Facebook posts to printed flyers and postcards. Large selection of details, photos, and fonts to use... in both Free & Premium versions. Easy to use with your own images and templates, easy to customize and use again. Transfers easily from online platform to computer to print shops. Great to use for personal fun, but also a great product for small businesses! Not a bad price either!

Cons: There are some user interfaces and functions that could be improved upon. Hard to find ways to adjust small details while in the design; cannot adjust individual colors within stickers or fonts, hard to resize the design template unless selected previously, and difficult to manipulate sizes for photos and backgrounds. There are lots of options in the Free version, but for most items you will need the Premium version to get more. Do not be fooled... this is not a replacement for more advanced software programs such as Photoshop or InDesign, but works beyond limited/basic needs for print and digital media.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2019
Sachith D.
Software Engineer
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2019

"Learning at Ease"

Comments: Overall, We recommend Canva as a good choice for designing in an effortless away. This program is not only easy to learn but also easy to use and requires no user experience whatsoever. Also, this program offers students a remarkable platform to express their learning skills and design their custom illustrations.

Pros: Designing: Canva is ideal for students as it aids them in designing posters and infographics. It provides an excellent platform for students to show their skills as it helps them express what they've learned. Canva is remarkable in designing class flyers as it helps users to express their imagination and creativity as it provides tons of opportunities for designing in every possible aspect. Customized illustrations: Canva helps its users to design, edit and create images as their preference. Canva is also equipped with templates that can be used as per the requirement for graphic designing. Additionally, designing for different formats comes in handy too with Canva.

Cons: Text: If Canva users wish to add up any sort of text in their designing they won't be able to do so, it is because users are unable to add up any sort of text and they only have to rely on the templates which are quite frustrating for its users. Limited features: Although Canva is a great program, not everything comes for free, In the free version, users are only equipped with limited features. To gain access to all of its features the users have to pay for it. Also, some of their features are to be paid in foreign currency only which can a little frustrating for its users.

• Reviewed on 30/10/2019
Samantha H.
Resident Director
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2019

"If you need an easy design software, look no further!"

Comments: Overall, I can't recommend a design software enough. It is easy to learn, easy to use, practical, fun, and offers new personalization for projects that I was anticipating creating. If you're looking for something that you can really dig into, this isn't really that. But if you need one tool for everything you could need if you have some flexibility with your project, look no further.

Pros: I love how easy this is to use. I was able to figure out how it worked in minutes, and was able to navigate the different design options with ease. As this tool has grown, I have found that they have offered more opportunity to get really creative with customization. If you need a simple template and don't want to get too detailed, there are so many great options. If you have a vision and your own content, and you just need a simple tool to put it together, it's also great for that. They stay on top of trendy fonts, colors, and patterns, and you can really tell that they know what their users want. I have used Canva for invitations, newsletters, meeting agendas, and most commonly I make flyers with it. I run social media for a dorm and catchy designs are necessary if we want college students to take a second look. I have never found that I need anything but Canva.

Cons: I haven't found what I don't like, but the ability to use gif images would be helpful. I recognize that if pictures move, it may go beyond what this software can do. Animated or not, some images are just in that format. Additionally, the search feature is occasionally difficult to navigate since you need to sort through free and payment required images to find what you need.

• Reviewed on 07/05/2019
Inbound Marketer and Content Developer
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2018

"Great Product"

Comments: This is one of my favourite social tools and I think every business should use it. The free version has a lot to offer and it can be used for a number of applications from flyers to ads to social!

Pros: I absolutely love this software. I use it multiple times in my day, both on it's own and along with other programs, such as Photoshop. It makes it really easy to create high quality social images and other business designs. It is easy to use and has a number of features including stock imagery, shapes, frames, layouts, fonts, colours etc. It allows you to upload your own images and quickly organize them. I have used both the paid and free versions. Both are great tools and the free version gives you access to more than you need if you are a small business. The paid version allows you to upload your brand elements and gives you access to additional images and icons. I have also used the Canva app which is great for on the go but is not as easy to use, however, it is getting better as they update it. Canva also has several download options and the newest version gives you the option to make basic moving images.

Cons: I wish there was a better way to organize and manage images and designs. It would be great if I could rename images and organize them within the folders. I also dislike that the image folders have a mass capacity. The Canva app for your mobile device is not as easy to use. While it is helpful for on the go edits and designs I often times find myself limiting my design or pulling out my computer because it is a little too frustrating to use. However, they are making improvements which are making it easier. I wish I could do multiple sizes of a design in one template. Because I resize for all of the different social platforms, I often end up with 3 to 5 of the same image in my design library, all different sizes.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2018
April H.
Wedding Sales and Events Coordinator
Events Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2019

"Canva is an amateur designers dream come true"

Comments: I've used the software in my previous position at a non-profit in which I wore many hats within the organization. We had to be incredibly budget concious in all desicions and Canva helped us create designs that kept us relevant without having to spend huge money. In my current position, Canva allows me to take some of the workload off of our marketing department by being able to stay on brand with great designs for small projects.

Pros: Canva is an exceptionally user friendly design software that takes the complication out of making simple marketing materials. I use the free version and have been incredibly successful in finding what I need to make attractive and useful designs for everything from save the dates to social media posts. For any organization that wants to avoid the high costs of sophisticated design software or having to hire out every small job, Canva is a no brainer.

Cons: I don't have anything negative to say about the software. Any feature that you may want is available when you upgrade to pro but there is plenty of features to get most jobs done in the free version.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2019
Yaroslav K.
Information Technology Major
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2020

"Photoshop killer. Fullstop."

Comments: Canva is amazing. I love the approach with design. And I check what is new there almost daily. Also, when it comes for the quick design - Canva is just amazing.

Pros: Canva is everything you (nondesigner like me could have dreamed of). Canva offers tools and features to create a stunning piece of art (poster, post, book cover etc.) in seconds without any knowledge of design.
You just pick a template, fill in your details and that is all!!!

Cons: Not enough templates for all. Canva is great, but since it appeared, so many things have been created without any thought for the style, that all the templates have been used thousands of times over and over again. So it is quite hard to be unique with canva. Furthermore, the editing tools are not that flexible and might be a bit limited at times, and because of that, I can say canva solves everything. I personally still stick to PS for most of my work, but if there is a need for quick design work - canva is my choice.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2020
Danielle N.
Video Editor and Social Media Content Creator
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/12/2020

"Amazing Graphic Design Tool!"

Comments: I am so grateful that a tool like Canva exists. Canva makes creating beautiful, professional-looking designs accessible to people who are not necessarily trained designers. You can use the tool in the most basic way: choose a template and switch out the text, colors, images, etc. Or, if you're like me and enjoy digging into features, you can get quite sophisticated.

Pros: I use a Canva Pro account, mostly on the web, although I have the desktop and iPhone versions as well. My designs are primarily for the web, specifically social media.
The platform's design is gorgeous. From the moment you land on your home page, you feel you're in the perfect environment to create amazing visuals. Canva has hundreds of templates in dozens of formats sized appropriately for their intended uses; or you can create a design with custom dimensions. To find a template, just type a keyword such as "Instagram" in the search bar and you'll get a list of template types (stories, feed post, etc.) for that platform. You can even use the search bar to find your own designs! The templates are easy to customize; or you can start with a blank page if you wish. You can choose from a wide variety of design elements (images, illustrations, videos, etc.); or you can upload your own. You can organize your designs and uploads into folders. Those folders are accessible from within any design as well as from your home page.

Cons: Several times, I have not been aware of a feature until I came upon it by chance.
The sheer volume of design elements can be overwhelming. I tend to be very particular and spend way too much time looking through dozens of options to find the "right" one.
Opening and closing all the menus and tabs to access graphics and formatting tools can be a bit cumbersome. However, getting accustomed to using Canva's keyboard shortcuts would be helpful for that.

• Reviewed on 02/12/2020
Jessie W.
Marketing Coordinator
Real Estate, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2020

"Makes My Job So Easy!"

Comments: We create social media graphics and all marketing collateral with Canva. We have over 120 apartment communities that we manage, and Canva is a great solution for our marketing team to consistently push out professional looking material.

Pros: I use this for social media graphics, business cards, marketing collateral, essentially everything. It is so easy to use, allowing for custom designs or awesome pre-made templates if you are feeling lazy. Considering you receive access to a crazy amount of stock photos, shapes, designs, etc. with a very inexpensive Premium membership, it is a no brainer. You can even print your designs for cheaper than any printing company I've looked at.

Cons: It would be awesome to be able to work collaboratively live time on a design from multiple locations/users (like Google Sheets), but other than that recommendation, I have no issues with the software.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2020
Lisa F.
Information Technology Teacher
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/03/2020

"Design Made Easy"

Comments: Since templates are available for most any document that someone might design, we have found it a great tool to use for quickly designing signs and social media posts/announcements for our school. We create images that are then posted to Twitter, Facebook and our school slide show played on signage monitors throughout the school. It is simple for students and teachers to learn to use.

Pros: Canva is an amazing online design tool that makes creating projects quick and easy. The templates available for almost any document you are going to create are a great place to start. The clipart and images found on their site make it easy for young students and/or teachers to make a project. The download feature is easy to use to get the final product from the cloud to your workspace. The program allows you to upload your own pictures and/or images to use in the design. The programming allows for use of the hexidecimal coding system to match colors to colors used within your organization.

Cons: Once a user finds all the tools that are located on the right side of the screen, navigating the website is pretty easy. The site seems to be modeled over other design programs making the location of similar commands the same as the more sophisticated Adobe products. It is sometimes difficult to understand the symbols used to identify commands. The textbox options seem very limited and of course users have to be careful about what templates, images or designs are selected as some are free and some require a fee for use. Disappointing is that we were told the Canva premium program was being offered for free to schools but when we applied for the free program we never got a response.

• Reviewed on 03/03/2020
Ceejay C.
Master Esthetician
Cosmetics, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2020

"Get rid of PicMonkey!"

Comments: I love it and look forward to creating on it daily for my business pages on Facebook and Instagram.

Pros: I have used picmonkey for years, but after hearing someone mention Canva on YouTube I decided to check it out. Similar categories you would see if you have used other image creating apps (FB banner options, Instagram posts, YouTube Banners, invitations etc) but the ease to use CANVA and edit what you need were so simple and effortless I havent opened up Picmonkey since. I also PAY for Picmonkey, and get the same aesthetically pleasing stock images for free over on CANVA. This is a essential app for entrepreneurs who are seeking to make eye catching posts without frustration, or out of pocket fees. Unless you wish to switch to the upgraded CANVA account which has even more editing tools and image options to be able to create your perfect post for whatever you're trying to share with the cyber world.

Cons: I disliked how I realized I was wasting money on other apps 🤣 I believe Canva needs more word of mouth promotions 🗣 . I only started seeing ads for Canva when I downloaded the app and Facebook suggestions started popping up. I will be sure to share on my YouTube as well for my fellow followers and entrepreneurs.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2020
Clare D.
Marketing Executive
Insurance, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/07/2019

"I Love Canva - Easy to use online design tool & App"

Comments: I love Canva, I use it daily both for my full time job and for my side projects and helps me to create really great documents. It takes alot of the hard work out of getting started with a project and looking through the various templates can help inspire my own work.

Pros: Since I started using Canva about 3 years ago it has changed how I do things forever - for the better! Unbelievably easy to use and you can create very professional looking designs, templates and documents.
There's so many options for document types, you can decide if you need your document in mm, cm or Pixels which is fantastic and there's so many great templates which you can use straight off the bat or make small changes to, to get them right for your project.
The illustrations/icons etc are brilliant as well, I'm never stuck looking for something on Canva and it's very reasonably priced.
The app is also brilliant and allows you to create great Instagram Stories so quickly with their huge range of templates.

Cons: As Canva is only online it can make working a bit more tricky at times, but mostly everywhere I travel now has wifi so it doesn't affect me too much. My only other slight complaint would be that the layout of my saved designs can look a bit messy. The folder function doesn't work quite as I would like it. If it was possible to put designs clearly into folders it would make life easier when I'm searching for a previous piece of work.

• Reviewed on 22/07/2019