All in one package

Stacy M.
Lead
Events Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We do event planning and put on a lot of events through out the year. A lot of the other similar solutions were mainly geared towards product creation or project completion. We needed something that was familiar and would be easy to train employees. Since this is a Facebook product, we knew this would be easy for our group to pick up and start using. We are a non-for-profit and most of our employees are volunteers, so we needed a solution that would give us fast and immediate communication with our employees. We needed a way to post our upcoming events, and then poll our workforce to who would be available to assist. This was the perfect fit for what we were looking for.

Pros: The software not only provides messaging. but also audio and video calling. There are two separate apps for this software. One is the Workplace app, which works the same as on your computer. The second is the Workplace Chat app. This app is very helpful in communication, as you can video and call via the app, as well as text message. File sharing can also be done via the chat.

Cons: The admin controls don't allow full access. Things like removing an employee, have to be done via email to support. You can deactivate an employee, which has the same effect, but simple employee removal is a must for most organizations.

Bizarro Facebook

Reviewed on 08/10/2018
Volodymyr B.
Marketing Content Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: What if Facebook was streamlined to essentials and free of excessive fat? That's Workplace. For a long time Facebook was a leisure outlet on the workplace - the one for wasting time and getting lost in-between tasks. With Workplace the dynamics had flipped and now it is a legitimate productivity tool where you can chat with your colleagues, exchange ideas, drop some stuff and discuss serious matters without distracting yourself to everything else in your newsfeed.

Pros: Workplace combines the best features of Facebook, Slack and Basecamp and makes a case of a private social media application designed for productive communication and not time wasting.
It works really well as a company's general newsfeed and it allows to bond the collective in a more easy-going and informal manner.
On one hand, Workplace is a perfect working environment for human resources - streamlined, self-contained and direct. It really helps to establish solid internal Employer Branding and keep every member of the team on the same page. There are numerous features that allow various temperature checks of the teams via polls, discussions, etc. On the other hand, Workplace is a really good fit for onboarding of the new team members.

Cons: Since this is a Facebook product - there are certain concerns over privacy. When it comes to sharing some sensitive data - actions often proceed in a more trusted environments.
On the other hand, there is just too much of the stuff to do. The novelty of "Facebook but for work" wears off pretty fast and it makes Workplace more of a gimmick tool than an actual productivity tool.
As it often happen with Facebook newsfeed - it might get crowded and cluttered after a while, especially if the activity is relatively high. Aside from project related groups - it is often nothing more than a link dumpster.

No training needed... everybody knows Facebook!

Reviewed on 10/07/2018
Alvaro M.
Account Manager
Utilities, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Facebook for the office (i.e., via Workplace) has helped our company in terms of community and culture building, communication, collaboration, keeping up to date with the happenings across different departments and teams, messaging via direct chat, group chat, audio, video calls... there's a ton of features that make this a really worth it investment for any company big or small.

Pros: Almost everyone (except the rather super senior employees) have been using Facebook social media app... They know how it works, its functionalities, and benefits for keeping in touch with the people that matter to them... now, we have exactly the same app.. for use in the office workplace. Therefore, no training needed. Everyone on-board right away. Workplace replaced many of our internal apps (repositories, messaging, collaboration portal, etc). We now use workplace for community building, direct and group/project messaging, sharing of files, photos, and updates, audio and video calls, and live streaming of office events (which also serve as a recording device for late viewing). Everything you love about social Facebook, now available for exclusive work and office use.

Cons: Data security is and will always be a concern for the modern digital man. Although we know that this is a paid service, hence the data is supposed to be private and secure because it is not meant to be used for ads, and what not... Security, especially of recent, is always a big question mark and concern.

A Function Workspace for Teams

Reviewed on 26/09/2019
A.l. M.
Cofounder
Writing & Editing, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, Workplace did what we needed it to do and provided us with a functional, no-frills communication board to organize our projects.

Pros: What I like most about Workspace was the ease of communicating with entire teams set up based on individual projects. It allowed for a better workflow inside teams and from one team to the next.

Cons: What I liked least was the very limited features and the inability to have basic admin controls without upgrading. Removing nonactive team members was difficult and created a bit of an issue.

The Facebook app that is meant for work and productivity (not for wasting time)

Reviewed on 10/08/2018
Joseric M.
Utilities, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Facebook as a social platform has matured a lot, with so many features available for communication and collaboration. It's no wonder why billions of people use it. Now, these same features are made available for our professional work. It's fantastic!

Pros: I used Workplace when I volunteered on a project c/o a non-for-profit organization. We used it primarily as a Project Management tool to keep everyone in the loop for project planning, collaboration, execution, monitoring, and getting instant feedback. I have a personal Facebook account, and Workplace works in exactly the same way. We created Groups for our project teams. From there we could share files, make posts, create a common calendar, etc. What I loved the most is the use of the chat app for IM, voice and video calls. The live streaming is fantastic as well because we were able to cover our event, stream it live and keep a recording of it for future use.

Cons: For some of my teammates, they did not want the idea of having to maintain and look at two accounts (one personal/social and the other for work). Not sure if there is a way to connect the two accounts so that some of the posts/etc may be in sync. The mobile app is a bit clunky and updates quite often. I hope they create a "Lite" version similar to the Facebook app (esp for lighter data consumption and light on the smartphone requirements).

Facebook .. for work :)

Reviewed on 20/07/2019
Dilraj S.
Sr. Software Developer
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall experience was very good. Workplace was like a really cool place for different team members to discuss daily office work rather than using some mundane office software.

Pros: The workplace is actually social networking for work. Its really convenient to use across the company and different team members can be tagged for any work to be assigned to them. The workplace posts can be directed to all the team members for passing on the vital information and discussions on the topic can be done using the comments section, just like the Facebook. The team events can be shared live on the platform also along with other facebook features available like chat etc.

Cons: The overall experience with software was really good but the one thing which is missing is keeping track of the tasks assigned to different team members by tagging them in a post.

Facebook for the office!

Reviewed on 02/04/2018
Clarwin C.
IT Services Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: All the features of a personal Facebook account are now available for office use! Communication - best for instant messaging, voice and video calls, even live-streaming of our events. Company-wide announcements are now easy to post and even track who's viewed each post. Notifications via email are also helpful to remind 'inactive' people to log-in to Workplace and keep updated via posts and their wall. Collaboration - we can easily create groups as shared workspaces for project work. Culture-building - since we used this app, we experienced an increase in employee engagement. People started sharing all kinds of stuff (mostly work related, but sometimes even non-work-related like outings, birthdays, etc).

Pros: Workplace is like a clone of Facebook. And since almost everyone in the office has a personal Facebook account, there is very little (to none) on-boarding needed to deploy this app into our entire organization. We are a non-profit organization and so the best part of this is that Facebook offered this product to us Free of charge! All the features of Facebook work great for office use (e.g., creating groups, instant messaging, video and calls, sharing pictures, videos and files) Workplace also allows us to connect with external vendors who have Workplace in their companies. Works great for project implementations.

Cons: This is cloud-based and all data is stored on Facebook servers in the cloud. If you are wary of Data Privacy, just make sure to review the privacy notice, and terms of use.

My company used Facebook Workplace for a bit before we switched over to Slack + Basecamp.

Reviewed on 09/05/2018
Jenny M.
Brand Director
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The Workplace features and functionalities are what I like best because they're more unique than other programs. I've used Slack which I've seen vastly improve company communication (in terms of speediness + efficiency) and company culture (due to GIFs and groups)... I've used Basecamp which has incredibly improved project management + clarity. Workplace, though, is specifically good for onboarding and training. I love the poll feature, too, and I haven't seen that used in other programs. However, the poll feature should be used for strictly non-emotional topics. I've used it to get my team to choose a preference in a date or a time or a food option. It shouldn't be used for diverse or political topics. Run polls in Groups to get a quick pulse on company issues
Use Workplace Chat bots to make payroll, benefits or onboarding processes quicker and easier
Share Live Videos, webinars and articles for more efficient training
Connect new hires to the team (and each other) using Multi-Company Groups
Recognise employees quickly and easily in News Feed with a simple Reaction or even a GIF

Cons: I think because Workplace is a Facebook product companies are less likely to invest in it for company culture / communication due to Facebook's social media nature which doesn't scream 'productivity' to corporate higher-ups. Also, the data security issues happening right now al make companies trust Facebook less especially because Workplace is for business.

Useful and fun to use.

Reviewed on 26/09/2018
Leon C.
IT Recruiter
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Workplace makes my everyday job feels more like an easy-going stress free experience. I think every company should try it out; it is a great way to get to know the people you work with, interact with them, and team up efficiently.

Pros: This is not the first social network focused on a Company's Business, but Facebook being behind Workplace surely makes it one of the highest grossing Enterprise-Driven Networks right now. The Interface is friendly and as expected, quite similar to Facebook, for not saying identical. It has its obvious differences when it comes to certain features that are more adapted to a Professional environment. The best description to the positive assets that I can give to Workplace is that it is a fun way to get to know the employees of the company you work for, you might find people with the same interests, share funny jokes, videos, photos, statuses, create and join groups, etc. You can create events to invite your co-workers, or even schedule meetings and endeavors that are more related to your company’s main goals. It is easy to use, and if you are a Facebook user you will feel at home.

Cons: Just like in Facebook, the main App and the Messenger are separate softwares. Sometimes you might get overloaded by notification's mails on your inbox. Depending on the company's size, some features might become confusing when working at a big Enterprise, such as having too many groups to choose from with similar goals/topics.

Great Directory Solution for a Global Company

Reviewed on 08/07/2019
Recruiter
Media Production, 5,001-10,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Our company is global and comprised of a multitude of subsidiaries. Workplace has been instrumental in providing a directory for us where we can easily search colleagues using all different parameters like location, department, and subsidiary. It is also the only companywide medium that we have to convey important information like changes to company policies. We don't currently have an updated org chart so being able to see this on Workplace allows us to piece together who belongs to what team and how we can reach them. I found that Workplace is very user-friendly as it operates a lot like Facebook which I also use daily. I love utilizing the groups feature as it has allowed me to find out about fun company events and connect with other employees that I may have not come across before. We also use Workplace to store important files that need to be accessed by all employees.

Cons: Not every employee will add their contact information which is frustrating when trying to get in touch with them. I would love to see this information be required in the future. There was also a time when we had questions and weren't able to get in touch with our rep. However, this has since been rectified and I hope that the responsiveness will continue.

My organization is now a community courtesy Workplace.

Reviewed on 06/06/2018
Emilia E.
Technical Support Lead
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Workplace chat - Workplace Chat has a simple and familiar interface like what's obtainable with Facebook messenger. It enable me communicate with my colleagues with ease ,while making use of stickers ,emoji and gifs to spice up my conversations with my work peers. It also enable me to create polls, exchange video clips or share gps location with my team members ,when I am outside the office environment. Groups - Workplace group is similar to Facebook groups , however this time , they serve as collaborative spaces where office tasks ,and projects get done. Workplace group makes it easy to share files in a secure environment , tag team members , get feedback and assign tasks. Org chart - There are over 5000 users on my organizations Workplace. Therefore it can be an hideous task, having to search for team members working on a particular project or staffs in a particular department. Org Chart solves this problem by making it easy for me to quickly search up individual user profiles and team info. , therefore making me expend way less time trying to find out who to contact.

Cons: I have sometime lost track of what I needed to do ,and expended precious time reading official posts and trending gossips on Workplace.

Mixes the Social of Facebook and Collaboration of Modern Business Tools

Reviewed on 11/04/2019
Joshua M.
Process Optimization Analyst
Printing, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, I have really enjoyed Workplace as an office tool. The familiarity that Facebook provides for a collaboration tool is great. Furthermore, the ability to share and collaborate with co-workers is very easy. I have really enjoyed how easy it is to navigate to specific groups and projects in order to find documents that I need. Furthermore, the search feature is very effective for finding appropriate data fast. Overall, my experience with Workplace is great - and I look forward to seeing how the service evolves over the coming years.

Pros: My workplace is in the process of transitioning many employees over to Facebook Workplace. Personally, my favorite thing about the platform is the familiarity. The platform does a wonderful job of feeling just as familiar as the social media platform while also adapting to modern business needs. My company has attempted to integrate social productivity tools in the past and Workplace seems to have the largest adoption rate so far. Workplace is also a very collaborative tool. It leverages the user-friendly nature of the platform in order to make sharing and collaborating that much easier.

Cons: As a social tool, there is always the risk of falling trap to many of the trending stories. Furthermore, if one is subscribed to a lot of groups, notifications can become a bit difficult to follow for some users. Finally, I do wish that there was a way to link one's primary Facebook account to Workplace. It would help provide instant verification over job postings and could even tie-in with the linked-in type of service. While concerns over privacy may limit the interaction, it is a bit annoying to have two separate accounts for one service.

FREE VS PAID VERSION

Reviewed on 26/05/2019
Dysiree R.
Executive manager
Real Estate, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall efficiency and productivity-wise​, comparing it with other platforms that we've used before, this one is my favorite so far.

Pros: The workplace is very easy to use and a variety of things you can do once you get the hang of it. You can make Group Chats with Group Page, or simple Group Chats without pages. It works very similar to​ Facebook, however, ​this one is more in a business approach where you can integrate apps and edit posts with​ the format you want. I personally prefer it compared to any other Platforms we've used before. customer service is responsive enough.

Cons: When you are using the free version a lot of things a restricted but that is just fair enough. However, in case your free trial ended and you have let go of some people prior before the trial ended, you can only remover their access or deactivate their accounts IF you are in a paid version. Another thing that I noticed is that you can only add people with the company email when you're using a free version otherwise you can use any email address when using the paid version.

Workplace Review

Reviewed on 18/12/2018
Suri M.
Director, Internal Audit
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have used Workplace for the past year and a half for all office communications. From having live town-hall meetings to polls, we use Workplace for everything. It has provided us with a wide audience, easier participation and better control over information communication. Use of Workplace chat is picking up and it is a great business tool to enhance collaboration, improve employee morale in addition to being easy to use for all employees.

Pros: For those that are used to Facebook (and that's most everybody) pivoting to Workplace for work purposes is a breeze. It takes a social media platform that everyone is used to and converts that to a work environment. This software has increased user participation and provides a great platform for company wide communication. The ability to set us individual pages for teams/groups or interests is really cool and has resulted in a wide variety of interest groups being formed, which is typically difficult to do outside of a social media platform, especially at work.

Cons: Though the software in itself does not have very many visible flaws, the amount of administrative effort required to filter and screen messages and groups in an organization as large as ours has taken more than we estimated.

Great way to connect with teams at all levels!

Reviewed on 18/07/2019
Kyle R.
Transaction Coordinator
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, Workplace by Facebook is extremely easy to navigate, and paired with the mobile apps for both Workplace and Workplace Chat the communication portion is super helpful.

Pros: I love how much this truly mirrors the social experience of Facebook, but just for my team. It's visually appealing and very familiar in functionality, but work focused. There are groups for my region, my office, my team, people in my role across offices, and more! So no matter who I need to reach, I can do it easily with an archive of the posts from others.

Cons: Unlike Facebook, the "profile" section on Workplace is not as utilized. Maybe I'm not maximizing it, but posting things on my personal profile or timeline does not gain any traction. People aren't on workplace to follow one another or see what you're doing personally or with your business. It's all about work communication.

Improves the communication workflow in my organization.

Reviewed on 06/05/2018
Bukola S.
Data scientist
51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: We use Workplace in my organization to connect every of my organizations staff in every location ,team and department. It is handy for project collaborations and provides me with multiple ways to communicate with my team members from chatting , video calls ,audio calls ,group comments etc
It has a short learning curve as it is very similar with Facebook social network ,and has an almost identical user interface and functionality. It integrates efficiently with some of our regularly used third party solutions at work like Azure ,Bluejeans and Okta.

Cons: I dislike that I am only able to access Facebook workplace via a VPN at work ,and also I see very little difference between Facebook social network and Facebook workplace and honestly , Facebook social will easily replace this program in any organization. So I wonder why we have to pay to use Facebook workplace premium ,when we can access most of the features for free on Facebook social.

Easy, Familiar, Fun Communications

Reviewed on 03/10/2019
Controller
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We use Workplace extensively for communicating with employees and keeping the company calendar. Any meetings we have are shared live, and those who can't be there in person can watch and comment questions or comments that we can see and address in real time during the meeting. The video remains on the page after the meeting, so there's no excuse for not knowing what happened during a meeting. Most people are familiar with Facebook, so there isn't really a need for training. We all keep closer contact than we otherwise would because of questions asked on the feed and conversations often arise. It connects employees who might never have connected if it weren't for their interactions in Workplace.

Pros: Workplace allows us to communicate with employees, schedule events, post pictures and videos, educate them, host live videos, etc.

Cons: It doesn't have any task management features. I feel like task management functions could be added to make the functionality more complete. Since we're hosting meetings in there, having conversations, and keeping the company calendar, it makes sense that we should be able to assign tasks and keep track of projects there, too. But, that doesn't seem to be a part of it.

One of the best internal business communication platform

Reviewed on 27/07/2019
Masoom R.
Sr. Executive Sales and Research
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My overall experience with Workplace by Facebook is amazing. I am using it daily for internal communication with office guys and now it becomes part of my daily task, it is very much similer to facebook so no need for extra training.

Pros: I like everything about Workplace by Facebook. It is just similar to facebook, sometimes I feel that I am using facebook not Workplace by Facebook because of its user interface is similar to Facebook and this the best thing that I like about this tool. Apart from this, I like the way I can interact and publish all the important announcements to all the colleges at the same time just with a single click.

Cons: There is one thing that I like least about it and I would like to highlight too that this platform is a little bit expensive compared to others and because of this the small startups may not able to afford this but I must say that It is worth to spend on it.

It's like facebook, only on a professional level

Reviewed on 09/10/2018
Online Performance Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We use it at our agency every day. Facebook's problems seem to be Workplace's problems: when many people post per day, it's hard too see all status updates. So you become stuck with 2 endless feeds of posts from people. Otherwise, it's better than Slack in my book, for what I use it for - infrequent status updates.

Pros: - Easy to get started: If you use/love Facebook, you'll use/love this.
- Lots of privacy features: You can follow people, not use a picture, only join certain groups - feels more private than regular Facebook.
- Feels snappier: I don't know if it's because we only use it for about 40 people, but the overall desktop experience feels faster than Facebook, which is a plus in my book.

Cons: - Endless feed of updates from colleagues, same as with regular facebook.
- A lot of features from regular Facebook aren't present in Workplace - yet.
- Groups can be addictive to join, but also hard to manage.

I hate to admit it, but this is good software, if you can deal with typical FB quirks

Reviewed on 10/09/2019
Rick P.
Design, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I was pleasantly surprised at the easy-to-navigate design and how quickly my small team got up to speed. I haven't seen that since Yammer years back.

Pros: Whatever you might think of Facebook, whatever I might think of Facebook (which is not much), this is good software, verging on great, for organizing and facilitating communication and collaboration within companies. The simply named Workplace by Facebook is exactly that: a virtual workplace complete with "locations" and tools for storing, finding, and sharing files; for socializing; for chatting; for planning sessions; for finding people within an organization; for creating, sharing, and accessing resources, and on. There's a universal news feed that aggregates everything that's going on in an organization, like the old Yammer. There's even, just like a Facebook, a safety alert system for letting everyone know within company that colleagues are OK in the event of an emergency or natural disaster. I like being able to create documents and notes within the app that can be shared and edited by others. The features are rudimentary and I couldn't find any way to integrate it with, say, Google Docs. I can't see many companies really on this writing tool for creating important documents but for notes it's OK.

Cons: Well, it's made by Facebook, whom I do not trust, so that's a deal breaker for me. If you do trust Facebook, then Workplace is a solid choice for not just managing teams, but bringing together entire companies. There are lot of conventions and UI elements that are carried over from Facebook, and since I'm not the greatest fan of any of those, I'd rather not see them in a work app. And like any app associated with Facebook, this one is constantly nagging you, reminding you, alerting you, etc. sometimes multiple times even after you've dismissed the dialog. Ugh.

Great Tool for Collaboration and Communication

Reviewed on 19/02/2018
Investment Analyst - Strategic Research & Initiatives
Financial Services
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It's a great improvement from our old chat software. With our old software, you could only message coworkers who were online. Therefore, someone could be in the office but because they aren't signed into the software they won't get your message. Workplace is great because you can message anyone you need to regardless of their online status. In addition, there's a desktop chat app that you can download so you can make sure you're always receiving any messages coworkers send you without having to log into the website.

Pros: Workplace is essentially the same setup as Facebook. The benefit to this is that since most people already have their own personal Facebook accounts, there isn't much of a learning curve when implementing this software at work. The chat is also a great feature because you an instantly private message a coworker or start a group chat with people you're working on a project with. Lastly, I like the ability to create groups because then you can share certain documents or articles with specified groups of colleagues.

Cons: One of the biggest issues with this software is that a lot of older coworkers refuse to use it since they don't have their own personal Facebook accounts and therefore don't know how to use the program. As a result, workplace by facebook is also helpful if other coworkers are willing to adopt the software. Secondly, while workplace can help with productivity it can also hurt it. If you don't monitor what content or photos people are posting people can quickly turn it into regular Facebook making the software a time sink and a site workers will visit for distractions.

A place for Work

Reviewed on 03/10/2019
Eduardo C.
RRHH analyst
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: No complaints regarding its use. From the beginning it works for what was designed and purchased. Now, they have changed the way in which chat and notifications are presented, sincerely surprising me. I hope you can continue to improve and bring surprises.

Pros: I work remotely, in a company that hires 100% of its workers remotely. As an HR analyst, Workplace has been an ideal tool. Create work environments and the opportunity to interact with the intuitive simplicity offered by Facebook or any social network. It's great to be able to create groups, send files and maintain real-time communications

Cons: This is already something about personal tastes. I would like the color palette to be editable. Maybe not in a very broad spectrum, rather with predesigned options

Many options that can help you

Reviewed on 19/08/2019
Josafat B.
Business Administration
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I really like using this tool because I can strengthen my products and reach more customers.

Pros: It has a nice interface, you have many options to visualize the statistics and the results you want to achieve, It is easy to use and you have a lot of support from Facebook when you have doubts.

Cons: When you want to campaign, you can have problems by not having your market well segmented.

Business-centric Social Network

Reviewed on 10/05/2019
Associate Community Manager
Real Estate, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It's nice that the interface closely mirrors that of Facebook. I think that makes it easier to navigate for the majority of users. It's also a convenient way for employees to solicit advice or materials from their coworkers. The chat feature can be a very productive way to communicate informally when the discussion requires more back-and-forth than a simple email.

Cons: I have two knocks on Workplace, and only one relates directly to the social network itself. 1. Like Facebook, you need a secondary app to use the chat feature on mobile. That feels a little unnecessary to me. 2. Some users have trouble gauging when a mass email might be more appropriate. I think Workplace is a great place to exchange best practices and tips...but it's not the ideal place to share essential, "can't miss it" information. In those cases, information needs to be disseminated directly to the involved parties via email, otherwise it could be lost in the shuffle.

Official Social App for work

Reviewed on 30/04/2019
David G.
IT Project Manager
Investment Management, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: All the useful features of the Facebook is now made useful and productive in the Office.

Pros: Facebook has been experimentally banned in our office (for productivity and security issues). It's a pity because we've gone accustomed to using it as a medium for instant communication and messaging. But, the features we loved and were using are now made available to us via Workplace. It's basically the very same Facebook app, but meant for work use, i.e., Your contacts are limited to your workmates. Another plus is that other companies who have workplace, like the vendors we work with, can be added as a contact for better project work and coordination. Most helpful for our project work is the Workplace feed or Wall to keep us up to speed with any posts or updates. Then, we can create teams per project to limit the access and visibility only to the right staff. Plus the instant messaging, voice, and video calls are a big help. Lastly, we can even do a live session streaming and afterwards, a recording is kept on our archives. Oh, btw, there are no ads popping up or on the side bars. This is a paid service so ther you go.

Cons: Security? So far, no issues with this, but the history of Facebook (the social app) has had some flaws and hacks of recent years which can sometimes make you think, is my data safe here? For a paid service, and so far no major glitches, I believe all is fine.