Filter by:

• Overall

About Microsoft Teams

Cloud-based application developed for business communications that helps manage chat, meet, file sharing, and more.

Learn more about Microsoft Teams

Showing 6,924 reviews

Manoj K.
System Engineer in India
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

All-in-one featured app for video conferencing, meeting and other business purpose

3 last year

Comments: Every applications having it's Pros and Cons, but personally I love this app due to it's ease of access and fabulous graphical user interface. I already shared it's Pros and Cons above, I personally recommends you people who reading this post, it's value for money app and you won't get down after experiencing it. Cons are exceptional, you still use it's most of the feature without that also. Once you get hand on it you experience it's ease and enhance feature. Thank You Microsoft !!!

Pros:

1. The most intelligent feature is the link between it's similar platform application i.e. Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer & Microsoft Outlook etc. 2. Compatible to use in any browser, desktop application and mobile (iOS & Android) app. 3. Sync is constant between Microsoft Outlook Calendar and Microsoft Teams Desktop app Calendar. 4. Easy to join meeting through the received link "easily re-direct from browser to installed app" or Join option available under the desktop app. 5. Organization previously used Microsoft Lync and Skype for Business which is with very less feature and after this application integrated then user easily migrated to it in very less amount of time. 6. In-built whiteboard feature is plus-point for using this app over other video conferencing app. 7. Even very impactful in low bandwidth internet connection. 8. During meeting presenter have full control over the meeting attenders which is too good feature. 9. Very easy and user friendly graphical user interface available in app to create or schedule new meeting or Live etc. 10. Raise your Hand feature is good recent integration for the app, if any Quiz contest or seminar conducted in the app then it's very helpful for presenter.

Cons:

1. Must work upon the monthly patch / update of the app, due to this every month it required update. 2. If someone joined the meeting as a Guest then there is no any information available / appear in meeting. 3. Meeting Attendance "Analytics & Reports" must be enable for meeting presenter / owner. 4. Raise your hand feature must come up with little sound notification with serial number who clicked first. 5. During remote session most of the feature (specially pop-up option) get out control, which cause issue to solve user issue accordingly. 6. Must add feature to permanently disable web cam for the user profile for privacy. 7. Must remove the option to sync OneDrive to share any attachment with the colleagues. 8. Must add the feature in app to view the monthly calendar in single window like Microsoft Outlook. 9. Add-ins issue is common with most the client , sometimes it's missing in Outlook app. 10. Also enable an option to save recorded meeting in local drive instead of cloud.

Meredith B.
Meredith B.
Marketing Manager in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees

Teams really does bring your team together

4 3 months ago

Comments: Has allowed collaboration across business divisions and teams. It really has helped us ensure communication and complete business goals and tasks faster

Pros:

It has been a great tool for supporting our business objectives- keeping projects on time, collaborating, and setting up video meetings with outside contacts

Cons:

Not the most aesthetically pleasing or user friendly platform out there but it works so well with the Windows system that it makes up for some of those cons

Becky H.
Sr. Accounting Specialist in US
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Vital Tool for Remote Work

5 last month New

Comments: Teams has been vital in keeping our office staff moving in the right direction through the pandemic. We have been able to continue providing assistance to staff and training through screen sharing and virtual meetings.

Pros:

All of the tools are readily available within the meeting screen and makes it a breeze to share screen for demonstration or otherwise show staff, rather than just trying to verbally explain. Also easily integrated with other Microsoft products - meetings are saved directly to Outlook calendar.

Cons:

The app doesn't work with our remote desktop environment, so we have to work outside of the remote desktop environment and have another screen with our remote desktop open for any of our other apps or software that we use.

Consultant in US
Management Consulting, 10,000+ Employees

The Communication Tool of the Pandemic

4 last month New

Comments: MS Teams has been a fantastic tool which has allowed my team to stay in communication during the pandemic. It's become our most used tool which has succeeded in increasing collaboration and efficiency. Although there are a few small issues with this app, mainly being the glitches and deletion of chat messages older than 30 days, there are so many more pros to using this software. I can see us sticking to this software for a while.

Pros:

MS Teams has become the backbone of my team. I love that we can create multiple channels on this and go the level of determining who can access a channel as well as that member's level of control. This is a great collaboration tool since we are able to upload documents and have multiple people access these at the same time to modify/view. It's easy to create large group chats and start meetings from the chat in situations where we need to have fast responses. The audio and video quality is pretty good and it's great that we can see the list of participants on a meeting as well as who else was invited but didn't join. I love that it updates if a member is currently active, offline, or presenting so we know who to contact and expect a response from. Also love that you can use tags to send messages to the intended people. The ability to view calendar and easily schedule meetings is also a great perk.

Cons:

I least like the fact that chat conversations disappear after 30 days because then that data is lost. I also dislike that files can't be backed up because occasionally people delete files which are then completely gone unless someone stored a local copy on their machine. The app does occasionally glitch in large meetings which causes me to lose audio/video and the only solution is to restart the app and rejoin the meeting in order to restore that.

Executive Vice President in US
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

Became an Essential Part of the Workday

5 2 months ago New

Comments: It truly has become essential and something can't operate without. Plus, the video backgrounds on our daily meeting have been a nice addition.

Pros:

We feature a management team that is spread out across a variety of locations. Video conferencing and collaboration tools are a must for us. We've used this tool for collaborative work on Office documents, file sharing, team communication and lots more. It's been something that has quickly become one of the more essential tools to our daily worklife.

Cons:

Perhaps the biggest drawback to the software is that while the collaborative file work is useful, it's not quite as easy or as seamless as Google Docs, for example.

Danai B.
Computer Engineering Student in Greece
Computer Software, Self Employed

Microsoft Teams, a value for money group platform

4 2 months ago New

Comments: I started using Microsoft Teams almost 2 years ago, since every university started teaching classes online. Our university provided us and our teachers with free Microsoft Teams accounts, so that we can use its features to their full capacity. For almost all of the classes it has worked amazingly, except for those that have more than 300 attendees. Those meetings are not supported by Microsoft Teams and have to be hosted on a different platform. However, I find Microsoft Teams very user-friendly, since you can access classes materials, announcements, posts etc very easily and get personal notifications.

Pros:

Having used Microsoft Teams for almost 2 years, I really enjoy its interface. It has a very user-friendly layout and everyone finds it easy to use it, even on their first time! It is a very organized way of group sharing and communicating, since you can keep shared files on specific folders on each group channel, you can have both one-on-one and group meetings, share your screen and request control on someone's shared screen. It has a lot of fancy backgrounds for the videocalls and offers a lot of useful tools for the host of the meeting. Finally, I really like the threads under channel posts, so you can have a discussion under a specific topic, as a comment of the initial post, without having to scroll for ages on the channel.

Cons:

I really like Microsoft Teams and find it very easy to use, but unfortunately, if you want to explore all its features you have to be willing to pay an average fee for each user. However, you can still use the free product, but with some limitations, like the maximum meeting time at 1 hour, or the maximum participants number at 100. However, even when paying the full price, Microsoft Teams participants capacity is at 300, so webinars with larger crowds than that have to find a different venue.

Alex N.
System Analysis in Canada
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Improve inner company communication and focus email on external communications

4 2 months ago New

Comments: Previous to using Teams most of our inner company communication was done via email, which lead to the every user have large mailbox sizes. It was this abundance of inner company emails, a lot of times with files attached, that lead to the death of our old Exchange email server and the migration to Exchange 365. Since Teams was included with our Office 365 subscription I made a push to get people to try it out. Once we over came the initial push back our employees started to realize the benefits of having a dedicated program for inner office communication. Eventually this started branching out to utilizing the collaboration and meetings features of the program. Teams has presented us with a cheap solution to many of our company's communication and collaboration issues and the adaption of it has definitely lessened the impact that new working conditions imposed by the pandemic has had on our company.

Pros:

The chat feature is a excellent alternative to using email for inner company communication. Text conversations are much more readable than long email chains, and the option to have voice, video, screen sharing and file sharing all in one place has made inner company communication much easier.

Cons:

The 'Teams' themselves are not as intuitive as they could be and it has taken longer to get our employees to buy into them as a means of collaboration and communication compared to chat. Looking through old conversations is cumbersome and finding old discussion topics is not as ease as email. While a word search is available it only will display a single message when a result is click without the additional context of surrounding messages. More options for viewing a searching old conversations would be extremely useful. The desktop Teams app uses a lot of RAM, older computers with less than 16GB might struggle to run it and other programs, which defeats the purpose of the application if it is not available all the time.

Gayathri M.
Software Developer in US
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

Teams - Simple yet Powerful !

5 3 months ago

Comments: I have been using this for the past 4 years. My favorite collaboration application would be the Teams. It's one level above skype application, in terms of ease of use. Its more intuitive, powerful and easy to handle. It has all the feature needed to use and manage a team/organization.

Pros:

The UI color balance. It's more professional and intuitive. I would say, it's the best for office use. It overtook skype in the market and it comes with the microsoft suite, which is an added advantage.

Cons:

I really don't have anything much to say. I throughly enjoyed using this product on the whole.

David V.
IT Operations in US
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees

Microsoft is finally putting out!

5 6 months ago

Comments: Our experience with Microsoft Teams was not great before the COVID shutdown, but Microsoft was able to listen to their fan base and made a really strong platform that solves a lot of our needs for on-site and remote work

Pros:

Compared to other communications applications, Microsoft Teams integrates really well into our Office 365 environment from sharing files to having team meetings with a breeze

Cons:

Microsoft Teams does run on browser based backend so after many updates or changes in their application, I do have some end users needed to uninstall the software and reinstall it just to clear out the cache or hidden bugs in the code over time.

Arturo L.
Multitasking in Mexico

The new digital classrooms are here to stay

4 6 months ago

Comments: It is fairly reliable software to transform your meetings or conferences into something more professional I would say, compared to other online meeting software that I have tried, this may be the most professional if you want to see it that way, although it is a little heavier when opening the application than the others, but overall, quite useful for educational institutions that handle the office package and want to make their classrooms more interactive and simple.

Pros:

We start with just entering your e-mail address linked to your institution or company, to be able to find the "class" or the board you want to join. Or you can ask for the class code to eventually be able to log in and meet with your co-workers or classmates. This is practically your office or your classroom since from the teams tab, you will be able to see all your classes or meetings that you can join and see the chat history so you don't miss any assignment or notice from the boss. For schools, there is a tab where you can submit assignments for different subjects you are enrolled in within Microsoft Teams. Likewise, there is another tab so that if you have any doubts about the assignment, you can ask your teacher directly in the Chat tab to clarify your doubts. Another feature that is quite useful is the Activity tab with a bell icon, which practically breaks down all the movements of your classes or meetings, i.e. everything that has been said in the classes, there you can quickly consult any duty that you have to attend. And when you enter the call, you are presented with a box in which you can preview your camera or test your microphone, as well as see how many people are already in the meeting.

Cons:

It is recommended to download the application, as personally the web page to my taste is not very optimized, as it lacks several features of the downloaded version, it can be used if you are in a hurry or the application is crashing, (because yes, the application takes a while to open). Another thing which I did not like so much about the software, is that when you are on the call, it is confusing when you can share screen and project your prepared presentation because if you have a video when you play it, you do not hear or do not see it, because they display several screens which really confuse you and you do not know which one to choose from the 4-6 that are displayed.

Van mclean R.
Van mclean R.
Business Development and Communications Manager in Philippines
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Teams as Ultimate Collaboration Software

5 6 months ago

Comments: Microsoft Teams has made groups/teams' collaboration very seamless, efficient and effective. It has introduced a new way of working for everyone. Teams has also lessened the volume of emails we need to send to my colleagues as they are now one chat away.

Pros:

I like the fact that Teams listens to its consumers and compares itself with the other software/competitors. A lot has improved since I first used this in 2019. The file sharing, "Meet Now" and integration of other Microsoft platforms are my top favorites. Another feature that I enjoy about Teams is the ability to edit Microsoft files on the spot / via drive without saving it in your computer. There are a lot of Microsoft vendors in the Philippines, thus the customer service is superb - like Eastern Communications and hammerjack.

Cons:

The event management side is something that needs a lot of improvement. While I have seen tons of changes from spotlight, attendee option, lobby room, to mute all participants - I'm still looking for some more features to provide a better event experience for our stakeholders. Like private chat to participants, chat to those in the waiting room, sending the participants back to the lobby, admin's ability to turn off the participant's video, function to prohibit the participants from unmuting themselves etc.

Terrena T.
Office Manager in US
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees

Great application! Wish it had a few bugs worked out.

4 6 months ago

Comments: I enjoy using this product but will enjoy it more when the bugs are worked out.

Pros:

I love that I can create different chats with different people. I can create different groups as well. I can upload emails into a teams channel for discussion with whomever I add to the channel. I like that everything is right in front of me to read and go back to when I need it. The feature my boss loves the most is video chatting.

Cons:

When I have to search for something or go back a little way, my app completely shuts down every time. I don't even use the function anymore, So I have to scroll the whole time. I wish it had reminders on each of the messages like Slack does.

Himanshu G.
Senior Project Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Real Time collaboration tool for teams with several integrations and features

4 7 months ago

Comments: Except few nuances, I am happy user of the tool.

Pros:

1. Excellent integration with Microsoft office 2. Call out actions on tasks in all Microsoft documents for other users and collaborate 3. View of the org chart of a coworker with complete hierarchy, a much better way than outlook 4. Multiple users can make changes at same time in real time 5. Chat feature is customizable based on your org policy 6. Calendar integration with outlook and another venue for you to set up meetings and share screen to collaborate 7. Multiple Channels under a team can be set up 8. Customize permission levels at team level 9. Pin feature helps user to stay sane in the several teams to which one can be associated to 10. You can see who all are making changes online in real time 11. Integration with Webex and Sharepoint helps users 12. Activity notifications customization per users choice 13. One can open documents like normal document and changes can still be done within MS document 14. Auto save feature keeps your changes safe

Cons:

1. When you are working on one document and you want to do be on multiple documents alternatively, its not good interface 2. Several teams in large organizations can get overwhelming to keep up with 3. Back (Keystroke) feature of the Teams doesn't work very well as it goes back to folder structure vs going to document level 4. Outlook calendar collaboration is a good feature but with several integrations, MS teams overall becomes little convoluted at times 5. Chat is integrated but its not as good as Messenger interface which is small window icon and is separate from your documentation repository 6. Presentation of ppt at times get stuck in full mode and then you have to switch back into normal mode, then present again to move to next page

IT Architect in US

MS Teams is truly a TEAM builder

5 7 months ago

Comments: Overall, we've been happy with MS Teams and saved money on moving away from GoToMeeting.
While we're happy with the product, we're also aware that this 'may' get shelved in the future, like Skype. Who knows? Maybe that's what progress is. but for now, its a great platform and we're happy.

Pros:

Its FREE!! (that in itself is the biggest advantage to many small businesses). Obviously FREE with an Office 365 Subscription (for Email/OneDrive/Teams). Its on the Microsoft Platform so you know that it'll be constantly update. The Quality of collaboration is great! The new 'Buckets' function makes it on par with many other Project Management tools that we've worked with in the past, but have shifted to this for centralization.

Cons:

Feels slightly clunky when you try to get 'outside' people in on your Teams call, who aren't already on the TEAMS platform. It always seems a small struggle, but then IT gets everything working. We share files and other Task posts and are always concerned about someone accidentally deleting something and how we'd be able to recover or Go Back. Not sure, but it might just be my ignorance.

Kate V.
Assistant Manager - Qualitative (Global) in US
Market Research, 51-200 Employees

Strong integration to Microsoft 364, needs better support and functional fixes

4 9 months ago

Comments: We use this as our primary means of communication for the company internally, with private IM, group chats (or teams within Teams), file sharing when compliant, and all of our conferencing and screen sharing both internally and externally.

Pros:

Teams integrates smoothly with Outlook calendars and all of the Microsoft 365 suite to enable us to connect all of our Microsoft software together. You can create meetings in either Teams or in Outlook, change your status, set tasks within Outlook, etc and the changes will appear across your systems. The ability to create meetings for screen sharing including external has been critical to our success as we pivoted to WFH in early 2020 so that we were not paying for an additional service that would allow us to set up phone and screen sharing meetings with external clients. There are app integrations that can be connected including Polly for short polls, Tasks for creating Outlook tasks, Jira, OneNote, SurveyMonkey, Monday, etc to allow for a more robust set of services to be streamlined through the Teams application.

Cons:

There are regular and consistent glitches within the platform, such as incoming calls ringing over computer audio but with no pop-up to enable answering it, delays when connecting audio during phone calls, control not being granted when sharing screens. Because many apps have been connected, there are some functions missing within Teams itself that are covered in apps - for example, in Slack you can send yourself a reminder using /remind [person/self] [thing] [at date/time], but in Teams it requires an app integration, and that has to be set up carefully across all of your workgroups in Teams. Also - the terminology is confusing. Within the Teams application, there is a section for 'Teams', and 'Your Teams', and you can build teams within the Teams application. Communicating this to people is frustrating - you have to direct them to 'go to the qual team Teams chat', or 'go to Teams, then teams, then qual team'.

SAP BASIS Consultant and SCP Administrator in India
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Excellent Business software for sharing chat messages and content

5 9 months ago

Comments: Overall, this application is much better than any other information-sharing, document sharing, or chat
discussion application for business and its compatibility with Jabra Evolve 40 headset is really great.
I have never faced any issue with the audio quality if my internet is working fine.

Pros:

1. We receive emails if someone pings when we are offline. 2. It is less likely that the message failed to deliver to the recipient. 3. User interface and compatibility with Microsoft Windows 10 are excellent. 4. Almost no crash report has been observed so far. 5. Automatic software updates are frequent which makes Microsoft teams better and better 6. It was easy for me to understand and switch from Skype for Business to Microsoft teams.

Cons:

1. Sometimes with software updates, calling functionality disappears in Microsoft teams and we have to manually restart the application to bring back calling functionality. 2. Appearance can be improved. 3. Uploading in Microsoft teams is sometimes does not work and we have to again try uploading. 4. Sometimes I have to change my status manually while my system is restarted so that people could see my Availability.

Daniel T.
Daniel T.
Community Engagement and Extension Officer in Philippines
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees

Great for schools!

5 10 months ago

Comments: As I mentioned earlier, for all our online communications and also for presentation and class team discussions, we mainly used email.
With the onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic, management decided to leverage Microsoft teams with integrated voice and video calling features along with content sharing and presentations that enable seamless online classes, upskilling, online training, and webinars in the education sector across different geographical locations around the globe. I am also an Edtech Specialist and head of the Community Engagement and Extension Services in our department.

Pros:

I am using Microsoft Teams for more than a year now every day with my students, colleagues, and others. There's a little learning curve with colleagues in using the application. I could share, manage and build team spaces. This is pretty useful in creating different school/business activities and seamlessly integrates other MS products. With integrated Voice and Video Messaging Services, Calendar scheduling, we can communicate according to the availability of users at any time. Also, I can configure my availability with various options or even modify it to determine that I am offline/not at the desk right now for other users to know. The best part is that I can use 3rd party integration application right inside MS Teams.

Cons:

Sometimes Microsoft Teams get hanged because of network or Heap Memory problems, but this could happen with any communication software as we use multiple installed software on our machines to meet the distance education requirements. There is a minor delay between receiving a text on your laptop and your mobile device. Many times, it happens that I have to go out or take a break for some time, and I receive a message but with a delay on my configured mobile device.

Juan carlos G.
Juan carlos G.
Lider de area de desarrollo IA in US

The most stable videoconferce solution

5 9 months ago

Comments: I integrated the teams videoconferences in my LMS ,everything was until i tryed to setup Q&A for my conf and and public acces to the meeting there is not current way to do that.

Pros:

It has all the avaliability of azure cloud Several ways and options to schedulle a meeting Api avaliable to programatically create meetings Record of conferences Rooms and groups Integrations with third party apis

Cons:

Need to have a microsoft acount Some options are only avaliable withs pecific microsft license level The live conference Just let an specifc amount of hosts The api for creating live meetings is limited.

Technical Support in Bosnia
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Microsoft Teams

4 12 months ago

Comments: I am satisfied with Microsoft Teams, as it provides nice way to chat with my colleagues and we are able to create additional channels via which we can check some information with another Team from our Organization, which can speed up our torubleshooting.

Pros:

Microsoft Teams is great for one Team to stay in touch for instance or to conduct daily tasks via this Software. I use it daily to check on the possible next steps for some tickets, to help someone or to ask someone for help when I am not sure on the proper next steps. I also had meetings via it and also some trainings, for which I had option to download the videos, which is very good option. Also during those trainings, which were done via Meeting option, we were able to share our screens and compare our findings, which another great function of Teams.

Cons:

Sometimes all of my Teammates appear as offline, even though we hear seconds ago and my internet was working normally ( for which I am extremely sure, because I have one Software which is extremely sensitive to the quality of the network on which it is being used and it didn't go down when Teams did ). Also, sometimes I am unable to share screenshots with my colleagues, as my pictures get corrupted during the upload.

Khadija H.
Créateur in Morocco
Computer Software, Self Employed

Microsoft Teams Review

5 last year

Comments: I created and assigned homework to your students with Microsoft Teams
In my lessons, I use the "General" channel for planning and running the lesson. I announce the homework for the week (attaching the necessary files). Students ask their questions directly in the discussion thread. This has several advantages:
Students can answer questions from their colleagues.
Students can refer to it easily. This saves me from responding to multiple emails with the same question.
The questions asked become an indicator of the notions on which I will have to insist at the beginning of the next course.

Pros:

Microsoft 365 Teams has the following main benefits: - A conversation including text, sound, videos and the ability to share files; - A private conversation, ideal for developing an idea and then sharing with the entire organization; - Storage of all files, documents… in one place! ; - Integration of your favorite applications: Trello, GitHub, Planners, etc. - A possibility to connect to Sharepoint and OneDrive, with importing files from one tool to another; - A 100% free version; - Compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS and Android.

Cons:

- One of the downsides of the Teams encryption process is that it is completely controlled by Microsoft, not your organization. If data-at-rest protection is important to your organization, you might want to look at third-party protection technologies, such as CASB, as well. - While integrations with third-party applications can be seen as a benefit for users, they do not make it much easier for administrators. - This is not a real drawback, but rather a source of thought: what is the difference between Yammer, Office Groups and Microsoft Teams? And how many different platforms will Microsoft develop further? Microsoft Teams is known to have a host of features that its predecessors and other apps did not. The future will tell whether Microsoft Teams will manage to continue on this path, but for now, it remains the premier digital hub for effective cooperation.

Teddy W.
Infrastructure Specialist in Canada
Insurance, 51-200 Employees

A Productivity Platform for Microsoft Stack

4 last year

Comments: Over experience with Teams has been good but that may be because I am a Windows Admins, and is familiar with the Office365 stack. For OOBE Teams will do fine, but it does require some oversight, which is not what some chat competitors (Slack) require. However, this only applies to the chat module and not the entire Teams platform.

Pros:

For Business use, you generally get MS Teams if you have Microsoft 365 Business Basic or any of the higher plans. Teams is Microsoft's platform solution to collaboration and productivity, which people often mistake it for something else (point solution for 1 requirement: Chat, or conferencing, or calling tool). Teams has received a series of features rollout in 2020 due to the pandemic, and has made it much better from a UX perspective (although still lacking compared to some chat competitors). Depending on your licensing Teams also provide more than just chat/call, including but not limited to Audio Conferencing, Soft Phone (Cloud hosted), Channel Collaborations, file hosting (SharePoint backend), integration with major vendors. If embraced, Teams can become your primary app for day-to-day business producitiy work for regular users. Since MS Teams is the focus for O365, lots of Teams hardware are also being developed which may intrigue more techie end users.

Cons:

1. Licensing may confuse people not familiy with Microsoft SKU. Hopefully you are working with a VAR or MS Licensing Expert to get your started. 2. UX as I mentioned is very poor in some aspects, but have improved considerably last few quarters. 3. File sharing can be improved. Users not familiar with OneDrive/SharePoint will have very messy permission schemes very quickly. 4. Administrators have a tough time managing Teams creation, due to requirements with Office365 Groups. This can only be disabled via PowerShell as of writing this review. 5. Integrations with most apps are very poorly done, and is often detrimental to productivity instead of improving it. This is probably a problem with the MS Teams app than the integration itself.

Scott P.
CIO in US
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

Best product for collaboration

4 last year

Comments: This is my favorite application and it is an amazing tool. I highly recommend it.

Pros:

Microsoft Teams is an amazing collaboration product and it keeps getting better. From being able to do Live events to its integration of applications, Teams is my "go-to" app for communicating with my teams. The Video Conferencing is stellar and Microsoft keeps adding more functionality. Schools get Microsoft for free and there is not reason they should be using Zoom.

Cons:

Unlike Zoom, the ability for webinars is lacking. Zoom has everyone beat here and Teams really could use this feature for Live Events. Also, Teams needs to integrate with Microsoft Bookings.

André L.
André L.
System Administrator in Brazil
Chemicals, 201-500 Employees

Gathering people together

5 last year

Comments: I have been using, configuring and deploying Microsoft Teams on the last two years, it is a very solid tool not only for communication, also for collaboration. With this pandemic situation, my company is working totally online, and Teams has been a awesome tool to provide Apps, meetings, dashboards, presentations, and the live event features are very impressive, if you go deeply on it, you have almost a television channel operating on your computer.

Pros:

The integration with Sharepoint and Office 365 tools is really awesome, works very well, and also you can create and built-in Apps from Power Plataform inside your Teams's Group, and do not forget that you have all the Office 365 Apps to integrate within your groups (the number of the Apps will vary depending on your signature).

Cons:

I believe that the price is not so good to medium/small companies, that probably will use a less professional tool, or a freeware with limitations.

Account Executive in US
Internet, 51-200 Employees

Microsoft Teams Review

5 2 years ago

Comments: As a project manager I have helped my team run projects, create presentation and run meetings while using teams. It is a great tool to collaborate and hold meetings.

Pros:

This is a great tool to use when working with larger scale company or a small company. It is versatile and well functioning. It is an all in one tool for your teams to work together and collaborate no matter where they are located. I like that you have the capability to hold a meeting and have the camera on or off-it is great when collaborating with team members who may not be in the office.

Cons:

One thing that I dislike about this software (maybe I have not figured out if this is a capability) but if you have more than one email-for example as a consultant, you may have your firm email and the email from the company you are on project with-it is not easy to collaborate while using both emails. Having to switch back and forth from emails can be a annoying. Often, you want to collaborate with team members that may not be on the project and as a consultant you want to be able to save time and not switch back and forth.

Brittany R.
CPA in US
Accounting, 11-50 Employees

Microsoft Teams - great replacement for Skype

5 2 years ago

Comments: Chat is much better than others we have used, TEAMS aspect is very neat but needs to be a bit easier to know you need to reply. Sometimes the team doesn't know they are being written to. The calendar and meetings is seamless and smooth.

Pros:

The funtionality is easy and easy for outsiders who aren't used to it to join meetings. I like the concept of the TEAMS approach where you can function all within the software and have files to collaborate and all.

Cons:

It is a bit complicated to add the features via microsoft that you want to add like calling plan, audio conferencing...very confusing to add those features to the full program and suite of products your company rolls out. I could see how many people mess it up.