• Overall
    4.7/5
    4.6/5
    4.8/5

About Divvy

Divvy is a smart credit card + expense management platform that's completely free to use, and rewards you for using it!

Learn more about Divvy

Brett W.
Director of Finance
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2019

"Great Company Spend & Budgeting Tool"

Comments: We wanted a solution for our different departments to have control over their spend while making sure we still had firm controls and oversight in place. Divvy met all those requirements for free.

Pros: Divvy has a great budgeting tool that allows you to easily segment departments so that they are in control of their own spend. Their app is easy to use to keep track of reciepts and ensure your team is in compliance. Best of all everything is free.

Cons: Getting set up and a credit line is a bit cumbersome as I have seen other companies have a much easier onboarding and offer higher levels of credit.

Miguel M.
Finance & Accouting Assistant
Environmental Services, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2019

"EXACTLY WHAT WE NEEDED!!!"

Comments: Their customer services is by far the best we have ever experienced. We use the live chat all the time and help get issues resolved right away. Also, they are constantly innovating, making processes more efficient and effective and take customer feedback seriously. Lots of the requests or comments I've had with them have turned into solutions within weeks. Everyone in our office loves Divvy and haven't had a single thing to complain about.

Pros: For years we had wanted to get corporate cards for staff but did not want to take the risk of not having credit and approval controls like we do now with Divvy. The ease of use, simplicity, and thoughtfulness that comes with Divvy is why we love it. Oh and it's free!

Cons: I have not had a single issue with them.

Co-Founder & CEO
Restaurants, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/04/2020

"Amazing company"

Comments: They are one of my favorite vendors and I use them daily

Pros: Divvy is by far the best expense management system out there. The software is incredible! Their support is too notch

Cons: The credit card functions as a charge card and it’s impossible to carry a balance. There also isn’t a strong cash rewards system

• Reviewed on 08/04/2020
Lindsey H.
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2020

"Should still be in Beta - has a long ways to go..."

Comments: I have always been a pretty early adopter for new platforms and I have to say, DivvyPay should still be in Beta Mode. Divvy - you could be great. Really really great. But you have a long ways to go. I’m rooting for you, but looking for other options in the meantime. Stop spending advertising dollars and fix your issues.

Pros: - The virtual cards are BRILLIANT (1 of only 2 reasons I stay)
- The ease of classifications of transactions and how customizable they are, this a great thing for my accounting team! (2 of only 2 reasons I stay)
- The cards look nice
- Their customer service is responsive (They will not call you unless you are a new customer trying to get an account so do know that. There is no phone support after being a customer.)

Cons: - The app is getting better, but still has very very limited features.
- The bill pay feature; run as fast as you can from this. I have a vendor that still has not been paid and I approved and funded the transaction over a month ago. Divvy has made this a manual process and they actually call ever vendor you add into the platform. They can’t call me for support - but sure will call my vendors. Every vendor I have tried this with has complained about how rude the people are who call and the turn around time is horrific. Stop calling my vendors - learn to do this via email or text like every other institute.
- Changing of banks - don’t do it. I am 5 days into this process with this very small task and it is still not complete. Again all manual. You call and request them to change your bank, they email you a form to fill out. Then you wait until they decide to email you a sign now document to fill out. Then you wait again. I have no idea what I am waiting for at this point. No follow up and nothing proactive unless you complain. Archaic. I have switched over every other service in a few clicks of a button - why can’t you all figure it out?
- Rewards - forget them. You can’t use them until you have been with the platform for a year. (No one tells you this when you sign up) and their prices are always more expensive then a simple google search. Plus they charge you a service fee every time you use the points on travel.

• Reviewed on 22/01/2020
Amanda M.
Accounting Supervisor
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2020

"Great tool for budgeting"

Comments: Once we did the setup, it has been easy to maintain. Their reporting has improved, which is important for accountants. Divvy continues to add new functionality.

Pros: No fees for the company, and they in fact give cash back! You can have a mix of virtual and physical cards. Syncs with QuickBooks Online.

Cons: Bills are approved based on the budget, but no approval process to make sure the bill submitted is valid. Often bills are entered by a bookkeeper, but a manager needs to approve to make sure they did use the vendor and it is for the agreed-upon-amount. Divvy is working on this.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2020
Jeff B.
CFO
Staffing & Recruiting, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2019

"It's the best because it is simple"

Comments: It has been very positive. They are timely in their responses and they are flexible and open to customer ideas for improvement.

Pros: It is very easy to use and very ease to teach users how to use. It allows us to customize expense fields, budgets and reports so as an accounting team we get what we need, but it is simple enough for any user to use.

Cons: The only complaint I have at this point is that we cannot set limits for receipts. I'd like to be able to say "all transactions over $20 require a receipt," but that is not available yet.

• Reviewed on 25/10/2019
Daniel P.
Accounting Manager
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2019

"Corporate Credit Card Solution"

Comments: From set up to implementation Divvy has provided an easy to use solution for our business to reconcile corporate credit card expenses in a timely fashion.

Pros: Ease of use, electronic retention of data and real time support

Cons: It takes too long to receive new or replacement cards

Chase C.
Corporate Controller
Automotive, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2019

"Innovative and unparalleled service"

Pros: I love how easy it is to use Divvy. It has significantly reduced the time to close the books at month end. We used to have to wait at least a week just to reconcile credit card transactions, but with Divvy, it only takes one to two days. The team at Divvy has been extremely receptive to our feedback and providing the best customer experience possible.

Cons: The software is constantly evolving as we and other gives feedback (this is a good thing), but there doesn’t seem to be one clear cut path of best practices with Divvy.

Aaron A.
Business Manager
Education Management, 13-50 Employees

"Divvy is amazing!!!"

Comments: We are now much more efficient. No more looking for 3-4 different software to handle all our needs because Divvy does them all in a perfect way.

Pros: Best expense software I have ever used. Our time reviewing and/or approving expenses is now cut in half. No more reimbursements. The budget features are also amazing. We have been looking for a better way to budget our expenses and Divvy does an amazing job at budget management.

Cons: I kinda wish we had to pay for it to let them know how much we appreciate it. It's that good.

Bart B.
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2019

"Awesome product both to eliminate expense reports and increase financial control"

Comments: Our experience has been great. We've been able to work through minor issues and are extremely happy with the product.

Pros: No more expense reports! Having the ability to create virtual card numbers for one time and recurring bills and allocate them to specific accounts in Quickbooks is huge from a financial control and accountability standpoint.

Cons: The interface is still a little quirky and not always intuitive.

Zachary B.
Director of Marketing Strategy
Accounting, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2018

"The best software our company purchased in 2018!"

Comments: Overall, Divvy has enabled my company to gain WAY better insight into where dollars are going. We now know where we are over-budgeting and under-budgeting each month. Divvy makes tracking business expenses fun — I never thought I'd say that!

Pros: I first learned about Divvy via the daily business newsletter, Morning Brew. I was in disbelief that the product was totally free, so I scheduled a demo call. As it turns out, Divvy really is TOTALLY free. The app is incredibly user friendly and switching/updating budgets is surprisingly easy. But while the app interface is nice, the push notifications are wonderfully helpful, and Divvy travel has us saying bye-bye to Expedia, the REAL value our agency has found in using Divvy is the virtual card feature. As the Director of Marketing Strategy at a small Marketing Technology Agency, I manage a team of people who run a plethora of digital ads campaigns for numerous clients in any given month. Divvy's virtual card feature allows us to manage media buys on behalf of our clients without needing to open 100+ credit cards (or require the client to use their card). So, we're able to manage our clients' monthly spend and charge them a small admin fee (for putting the spend on our cards) without incurring ANY credit card fees.

Cons: Honestly, there are really only two things I dislike about Divvy: 1. That there isn't a Divvy for PERSONAL spending (I've been Googling looking for something like this for the past few weeks now...nothing seems to exist!) 2. The saving a receipt feature/adding notes feature is a little spotty at times. I find that I often need to go back into a purchase and re-upload the photo of the receipt/re-type my note. Hopefully this is a bug that gets worked out with the next app update.

by Divvy on 19/12/2018

Hi Zachary,
Thanks for the feedback! I've sent your feedback regarding the photo receipt uploads to the director of product, and he's looking into a way to improve that process and ideally ensure that it never happens again. Just wanted to thank you personally for joining the Divvy family of happy customers, and for taking the time to leave a great review!
-Mark

• Reviewed on 18/12/2018
Peter R.
Venture Capital & Private Equity, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2019

"Expense Management Made Easy"

Comments: We've loved Divvy. It has given flexibility to those that travel while giving the flexibility to get things done without having to worry that one of the 3 corporate credit cards is floating around being used by a random employee.

Pros: Divvy has been great for our organization. We have been able to move away from reimbursements and have been able to give spending flexibility to everyone within our organization. We love being able to give every employee a card, but not having to worry that they are going to overspend. And possibly, one of my favorite features of any software ever is the ability to create virtual cards (both for subscriptions and burner cards for one time purchases). Its nice to know that I can cancel a virtual card and not have it affect other vendor payments.

Cons: There is a little bit of a lack of hierarchy available (like an administrator over certain budgets only) and a lack of flexibility with paying down our account (holds placed on account effectively freezing our cards) but other than that, it has been great!

Jacob C.
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2019

"What we needed in a Corporate Credit Card"

Comments: Overall we have had a great experience with Divvy. We were waisting so much time with fraud issues with other cards. Also has helped us with our employee card reconciliation. We can have required fields that our employees need to fill out like notes.

Pros: Virtual Cards are easy to generate, Control of employee cards and funds is really nice, Reporting is good, support has been really good

Cons: It is a little difficult for employees to catch on to how everything is supposed to work. It changes fairly quickly (good because it gets better, but con because you have to change your processes or relearn the software)

Kevin M.
Finance Director
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2019

"Divvy is a great product"

Comments: It has eliminated missing receipts and automatically posts expenses to our accounting system (Quickbooks Online). Virtual cards eliminate overcharges and fraud.

Pros: We have had problems with volunteers and staff turning in credit card receipts. That is now a thing of the past - finally! It has totally eliminated that problem. When there is a missing receipt, now I know it within a couple days instead of a couple months. The users love it too because they don't have to worry about saving and turning in receipts as well. Just take a picture of it at the time of sale and they are done! The recent integration with Quickbooks was HUGE for us. Now most data entry of expenses is automatic as well. Very easy to use most of the time, and it's free!

Cons: Getting the hang of allocating budgets can be tricky. And if you have a budget used by multiple people it presents additional challenges trying to allocate funds between multiple people. Auto payments take a few days to free up funds. And virtual subscription cards don't reset until first business day of the month, which can be a problem if charges are attempted on the 1st and it is a weekend.

Mathew M.
CFO
Public Relations & Communications, 51-200 Employees

"Fantastic Enterprise Solution"

Pros: No Cost & more efficiency - I was able to reduce organizational expenses by over $20,000 annually AND increase efficiency , transparency in the budget process, and give visibility to department leaders on real-time spending.
The customer support has been fantastic.
Fraud controls and prevention have been fantastic - we have been able to quickly isolate and stop attempted fraud, either by our user or notification from the Divvy team.

Cons: I would like the ability to organize budgets in a more hierarchical way, so that Department leaders can start with their overall budget and drill down into sub-budgets.

Jennfer R.
Director of Accounting/HR
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2019

"Great product & easy to use"

Comments: Overall, it's been great. Our account manager responds quickly to questions and we love the ease of use on the administration side as well as user side.

Pros: No more losing receipts!!! It is so nice to snap a photo right away and tie it to your charge. It makes month end reconciling much more streamlined

Cons: My only issue is the rewards system. It's a headache to say the least. When you cash in your points earned, you can't simply login and explore all of your options like other credit card companies. You must send in your request and wait to hear back from Divvy. We requested gift cards as our rewards and were sent to a website where we had very limited options for gift cards, and they were all electronic cards. This is very hard to keep track of and would have been much more convenient to get a a visa/mastercard giftcard. Also, all of the gift cards were tied to my email address, so any cards redeemed came to me via email and I had to distribute them to where they needed to go.

Anthony B.
Director of Finance
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2019

"Works great for our company!"

Comments: Our company can easily see where and by whom the money is spent in real time and we can set the amount on how much each person spends.

Pros: I was able to roll out company wide usage in a matter of weeks. The software is intuitive and employees reported back to me that they enjoyed using it.

Cons: Integrating ACH payments was cumbersome and we had several vendors confused about how they were getting paid.

Angie H.
Some of the best travel software out there
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2019

"Some of the best travel management software available"

Pros: They have some of the best and friendliest customer service I have ever experienced. We have had to live chat several times and they always impress me with their professional and personal approach to business. They have yet to not answer fully a question I have had. Their service makes keeping up with our trips so easy we wish we could go again lol!!! Ever since using them we haven't had to track down a single receipt or itemize any of our expenses it does it for us. Best software I've had the pleasure of using in quite awhile.

Cons: I have had no issues with them. Great customer service!!

• Reviewed on 15/12/2019
Cassie C.
Accountant
Construction, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2019

"We love divvy for our crews"

Comments: We really like the budget feature for our crews. We are able to set monthly budgets for each person which has helped us to cut expense costs.

Pros: We love that we can assign budgets. It has really helped us to track expenses per job. The receipt feature is probably our most favorite part of Divvy. Having the ability to simply take a picture of your receipt and have it uploaded on the spot has greatly cut down missing and unreadable receipts. This is a major plus for a construction company.

Cons: Sometimes the upload feature won't work. However they have recently upgraded this feature to allow admins to upload receipt pictures for other user. So when the upload won't work for my guys in the field they simply send the picture to me and I can enter it.

William l. D.
Accounting & Payroll Specialist
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2019

"Divvy: Perfection; Being free is just a bonus."

Comments: Expense Tracking. Seamless, enjoyable, web and app based features.
Budgets. Seamless, enjoyable, web and app based features.
Customer Service. Doesn't get better than Divvy.
Decreased time spent reconciling, tracking, and other tedious tasks on credit cards easily by greater than 75%.

Pros: We switched from an old Visa card with no online functionality, lengthy customer service calls, and overall nothing more than a working credit card. Not to mention, it took 3 months to set up automatic payments every time we opened a new card. Switching to Divvy was easy, free, and seamless. In an organization with 20 credit cards, they've saved us dozens of hours each month, improved accountability, and made using a credit card almost as fun as it can be. We also researched other paid products (e.g. SAP Concur) and Divvy is far and beyond a better UI with all necessary features while they continue to improve and build out other fancy features. I 100% recommend Divvy to every business. Their people and customer service is also top notch. I would definitely apply to Divvy myself if I was looking for a new job in their locations.

Cons: I have no improvements for Divvy. I cannot think of any scenario where it would not be appropriate.

• Reviewed on 18/02/2019
Kyle B.
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2019

"Great software that improves every day"

Pros: Free!
Budgeting
Automatically marks out of compliance transactions
Customization

Cons: No tiered budgets
No recurring periods other than monthly
No ability to mass upload budgets
A bit buggy

Meredith B.
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2019

"Game-changing product"

Comments: After working with Divvy, I have come to respect the integrity of the organization. The staff are not only knowledgeable, but strive to create an experience that is light-hearted and fun. An unexpected treat coming from a credit card company.

Pros: We are able to categorize transactions after the purchase using custom fields that are searchable. Funds are allocated to a person, not a specific credit card number. Our team can switch between a physical card and virtual cards; those transactions can be categorized in a way specific to our organization. This flexibility has completely changed the way we do business. No exaggeration when I said Divvy is a game-changer.

Cons: This is a new software so it can be buggy and slow at times. However, Divvy has consistently and timely addressed issues and is continually investing back in the product.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2019
Nikolay K.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2019

"Takes your organization to the next level!"

Comments: I am so happy we found Divvy as it solved so many of our problems and saves us tens of hours a month even with the small team we have!

Pros: - It's free and easy to set up and use;
- Integrates with QuickBooks;
- Takes care of your all your Accounts Payable;
- Modern software and look, nice-looking and secure mobile app.

Cons: - It should allow buffers for budgets as sometimes just for a few pennies or dollars, a charge might get declined;
- Should be easier to reallocate budget distribution and maybe divide the budget into areas and assign people to areas instead of having to set a max to each person, which forces you to over-allocate to people and thus inflate greatly the budget.

Jenna G.
Chief Financial Officer
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2019

"Early adopter"

Pros: 1. Taking a picture of receipts: Has drastically increased our overall collection of receipts and the ease of collecting and organizing them. This decreases my risk from an outside audit standpoint as well as improved internal compliance since it's a lot easier to review receipts.
2. Expense report simplification: We have saved hours of time from a data entry standpoint while simultaneously increasing the accuracy of the data entered.

Cons: I'd love to be able to upload the desired budgets into their software rather than having to manually change each budget, one at a time.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2019
Sherry T.
VP Accounting & Finance
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/03/2018

"Divvy was the solution to several of our issues"

Comments: This card was selected only because we wanted an expense reporting system that didn't cost any money and then we've found other benefits to the card so we've distributed it further than we had orginally anticipated.

Pros: Love that we can snap a picture of the receipt and do away with taping receipts to paper! Also, like the "instantly code" an expense rather than waiting until the end of the month to code all credit card charges. Love the budget by card feature so allow small charges to be made by individuals who would not normally get a credit card - giving them a limit to buy some gas or supplies is much better than processing their expense reports submitted because they needed to use their personal card or cash for minor purchases. Also love the download to QuickBooks is item specific so when Audit makes their selections it is a single charge and not the total of several charges hitting a specific GL account like we have now because we use pivot tables to summarize the monthly charges on a single credit card.

Cons: The fact that we need to select a category and then subsequently select and account is an unnecessary step - we just want to code our charges to an account directly. Also - splitting charges between departments and codes is not possible within the application which is a problem for us. Also - the credit card payments are pulling weekly from our bank so we aren't getting the cash float we used to get by paying at the end of the month.

• Reviewed on 28/03/2018